Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Second Chance Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
SECOND CHANCE REQUEST
  • Submission Name: TTH/ACS-01 “Umxhasi” Active Camouflage Generator.
  • Link to Submission: [Click.]
  • Reason for Second Chance: With my personal grievances regarding the previous judgement of this submission aside, I would like to request a second chance - not only to see about getting this submission eventually approved but to flesh out its capabilities even further so that there is no mistake that this is an active camouflage system - not a cloaking device.

SECOND CHANCE REQUEST
  • Submission Name: ID-4 "Adrestia" Class Mass Interdiction Drive
  • Link to Submission: Click.
  • Reason for Second Chance: I believe the Judge's inappropriate application of science grossly biased their view on a submission built on a mixture of fantasy and science fiction principles - effectively turning judgement into quick assumptions and overextensions of definitions. Judge aside, I'd like to discuss with someone how to effectively balance and submit an interdiction technology onto Chaos that is more than the sum of its wookiepedia links, and there were no discussions that took place in this submission. As such, I'd like it pulled for a second chance to go over the details of the submission, rationale, and so on.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Bral - Kad'gaid: Horax
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/bral-kadgaid-horax-b-k-h.138263/
Reason for Second Chance: The reason for the submission being denied was apparently that the submission was too human for a mech. I disagree with this fully. The picture used in the submission is entirely within the bounds of Star Wars, it looks nearly the same as the canon picture of a Mech in Star Wars (see the original submission link to Mechs). Furthermore, Mechs are entirely canon based as a subclassification of a walker. The submission breaks neither Chaos factory rules nor Star Wars canon generally.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Valdus Bral Valdus Bral

Apologies for the delay on this, but I've been going back and forth on this one for a few days. I have also discussed it extensively with the senior factory staff that were not involved in the previous judging. While I acknowledge you have a point about there being a canon precedent as far as aesthetics go, I have nevertheless decided to let the denial stand.

While canon is important, there are times when we have to diverge to uphold existing rules. In this instance, my reasoning is that the combination of the overall biomorphic shape, movement pattern and size are simply beyond what we presently accept in the factory. This is outlined in the factory rules in the following link.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
Valdus Bral Valdus Bral

Apologies for the delay on this, but I've been going back and forth on this one for a few days. I have also discussed it extensively with the senior factory staff that were not involved in the previous judging. While I acknowledge you have a point about there being a canon precedent as far as aesthetics go, I have nevertheless decided to let the denial stand.

While canon is important, there are times when we have to diverge to uphold existing rules. In this instance, my reasoning is that the combination of the overall biomorphic shape, movement pattern and size are simply beyond what we presently accept in the factory. This is outlined in the factory rules in the following link.

Runi Verin Runi Verin For clarification, does this mean that using the mech from Star Wars canon is also incompatible with existing rules on Chaos?

SECOND CHANCE REQUEST
  • Submission Name: "The Ghost"
  • Link to Submission: [click]
  • Reason for Second Chance: I believe the submission was prematurely denied. While the judge was fair in his assesment, I think the issues that that judge brought up are minor and easily fixed in the context of Star Wars, and as such it doesn't need a denied, but a rework. First, I believe if I removed the lightsaber wheels, almost everything else will fall into place. I will make sure the advanced systems are more organized to give a better understanding of what the vehicle can and cannot do, reword strengths and weaknesses to make it more clear, as well as post more sources as to why I believe the technology works in star wars. I'm asking that the submission be moved to Pre-factory, rather than outright denied.

Chloe Santhe Chloe Santhe

I've thought about this, and in the end I find I'm in agreement with my judge. The current submission does not fit with the aesthetics of star wars so much as Tron or Bladerunner.

I will grant the second chance request on the submission and will be moving it to the pre-factory. However, I will warn you that just removing the lightsaber wheels might not be enough to make it fit more closely with the aesthetic of star wars.

Taji Nelson

T
Seeing as how my grasp of science is not good enough for the sub to be resubmitted properly, I've decided to cancel my second chancing of the Teleportation belt. In addition, I don't want to waste staff's time when they're in the midst of invasion season.

Last edited by a moderator:
SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE

Submission Name: Warring Triad.
Link to Submission: Reason for Second Chance: Although my name is indeed based upon the series in question, more as a matter of aesthetic than anything else, I do have to disagree from the judgement passed, simply because the very same item with the same power has been done before in almost a exact same submission by someone else. Such as can be seen right here. The very reasons being considered are a number of weaponry and 'loosen' story line based on the weapons description, which by itself is a bit silly, since if researched, probably half of the things made into submissions can be found as 'loosen' story of something from somewhere. The weapons are indeed made of energy, like everything else in the universe is, but the energy would be the same as the Spear of Midnight as described.

I do believe more weaknesses could be added to the item in question, if requested.

Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor

Upon review, I'm going to deny this second chance request.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar is correct in his assessment that the submission in question is almost an exact copy of the Royal Arms from Final Fantasy 15.

You are correct, many submissions on the board draw inspiration from other sources from science fiction and fantasy, however, there is a distinction between taking inspiration from a source, and copying it. What you have done in this case is copy the source material and polish it to work in a star wars setting which is in contravention of the board rules.

e067ba839d10fe9e4bc740e6dccb90de.png

Furthermore, it is important to note for the future that neither the factory nor the codex work on precedent.

I'm not begging or anything, I understood. My question would be more like a doubt.
What about the Slave's ring I tagged? How would his separates himself from plagiarism and the same reason mine was denied? Because of the number of weapons, being a old weapon and mines description? Because I want to understand what separates both of the submissions so I can make mine more fitting to this fine place standards. John Locke John Locke

Last edited:
SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: U-XIII 'Deredeo' Battle Droid
Link to Submission: [
HERE]
Reason for Second Chance: I am not arguing against the Denial, as I understand the reason that it was denied. Rather, I am asking to be permitted the chance to fully edit the submission to bring it more in line with Star Wars; with edits including -

• Name Change
  • Removal of Image Used
  • Additional Star Wars Cannon and Primary Source Links
  • Refitting Armament
  • Editing of Strengths and Weaknesses
  • Editing of Description Section

Personally, I believe that with the proper edits, additions, and subtractions where needed, I can bring the submission more in line with Star Wars and away from its original source inspiration material.

Last edited:
Please disregard the above Second Chance Request.

I understand that it would be better to do a new sub due in part to a planned complete overhaul of the U-XIII design, than to drag the previous one out of the archives.

I apologize for the inconvenience or if I've wasted anyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom