Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Second Chance Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submission Name: M20 Primordial Gravitational Singularity Missile
Link to Submission: x
Reason for Second Chance:

I feel that the submission can be adjusted sufficiently to not classify as a ‘superweapon’ or be too overpowered

SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: PBA-01 Pressure Blaster Cannon
Link to Submission: X
  • It was denied for reasons I find understandable, so I wish to resubmit this with the suitable edits.
  • I also want to go into more depth of its creation and how it was birthed from the cannibalization of ships.

Taji Nelson

I am going to approve this second chance. I will be moving the submissions to the pre-factory. Please tag me specifically when you are ready to have it judged.

Please be aware that a second chance is the last resort, and is no longer subject to the auto-approval process.

Alban Roble Alban Roble , since John Locke did your initial review, myself and Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol looked it over and discussed the merits of giving it a second chance.

We have opted to deny this second chance.

Creating a black hole weapon on this scale is massively problematic on this scale. THere have been a small number of canon black hole-like weapons, but they're exceptionally rare and have significant caveats to their use. Additionally, even with that power, regulating a "semi-unique" ordnance that would be that powerful is extremely difficult, as their use would be difficult to track - how would we know when they ran out? What is a series of semi-unique ships (like an entire faction's dozen SSDs) were equipped with this weapon? Would semi-unique really be much of a limiting factor in something that powerful?

My personal suggestion would be that you can indeed create a gravitational based warhead, maybe something like a scaled up gravity bomb. But it is very easy to make gravitational weaponry that is overpowered, and that can be a challenge. Having seen this submission and having judge several of your other submissions recently, in general, I would advise you to tone down the overall power of your submissions. The more overpowered they are, especially in base concept, the more likely these submissions are going to be denied or have to go significant overall in order to be approved.

Submission Name: CIS VATOMS MK1
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/cis-vatoms-mk1.144818/#post-1975708
ATST have the same bipedal walk cycle as my walker
hunchbacks like my walker
bipedal nature like my walker and
their size is larger than my walker don't believe me here are some images
latest

here's a video on its walk cycle

360-degree turret turning is the same as any other tank
when it comes to its very large size and extremely heavy weight that's due to carrying a aa weapon 3 anti tank/walker weapons onboard plus ammo

I followed all the rules given on my submission on top of which its not a mech due to not making the hight requirement is already based heavily on the ATST if this is as a 4 man crewable walker minimum of 2 to pilot.

now I've given my reasons on every issue the judge had had with the walker which meets all the rules without making it a mech on top of if its not allowed then why would ATST's or ATAT

Last edited:
SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Chasianna's Modified TIE/HF Slasher
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/chasiannas-modified-tie-hf-slasher.144739/
First, I'd like to preface this appeal by thanking Khonsu for his time in reviewing my submission and for writing a thorough response to justify his decision. Obviously, with upcoming holidays, school exams, and the deleterious conditions imposed by the pandemic, free time is in short supply. So, I appreciate that he was willing to set some of it aside in order to deliver his judgement.

To get into the submission itself, I will agree that it is a powerful fighter. However, I feel that calling it a "Superweapon" is a stretch. In reading his response he justifies referring to it as such due to the fact that it utilizes a similar power source to Starkiller Base. I will acknowledge here that I failed to make it clear in the text of the submission that the Quintessence reaction power core in my submission is not of the same "class" as the one utilized in the aforementioned canon superweapon. The Quintessence system in my Slasher is scaled down to be appropriate for a vessel of its size and class. In essence, it can't produce even a tiny fraction of the power required to support a sub-hyperspace phantom energy superlaser. That said, if need be, I can change the power source to something else and/or make additional clarifications regarding its power output to ensure that there is no longer confusion regarding its capabilities.

Addressing his concerns regarding the armament duplication, SLAM, and the self-repair systems, I am ready to add weaknesses or prose elaborating on these functions, to further flesh out the circumstances under which they can be used and their limitations.

That said, as this is a unique small craft submission with no squadron count, I am not particularly sure what else can be done to it. However, I am prepared to execute any necessary edits to ensure that this meets the standards for approval.

In addition, I would also like to request a new judge.

Thank you for your time.

John Locke John Locke

SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: ND-013 "White Noise"
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/nd-013-white-noise-class-lrwd.145757/
The judge gave things that had to change, but instead of offering a discussion or a chance to make said changes, auto denied the submissions. I would like a second chance to work through the recommendations and discuss balance since it does not break any factory rules and has no reason to be denied outright - as far as I'm aware, that is.​

Submission Name: The Bonedigger
Link to Submission: x
Reason for Second Chance: Regardless of what I felt was poor and hard-to-follow communication from the factory judge in question, I feel this submission could easily be altered to fit the parameters and requirements necessary approval, and I would like a chance to further flesh out the limitations and specifications of this weapon. I believe that many of the reasons given for the denial of this submission could’ve been fixed had they actually been brought up in the judging process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom