Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your submission has been denied, and you believe it has been so unfairly, then post the link to your submission, and ONLY the link, along with your case for why it should be approved, and we will take the matter into consideration amongst the group and come to a consensus..

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/15062-vindican-class-star-destroyer/

I was told by the RPJ who originally judged this that I should remove the dev thread and make minor adjustments to the ship itself, per the following from his post:

However I'm going to let that slide, provided you removed the dev thread from your submission. There is a note that 1000m and above need a dev thread, but in my opinion it's a typo, and even if it isn't this ship is a heavy cruiser and would be entitled to the same amount of armament in a 900m long configuration, so I could ask you to edit that down but in truth there's no point.
I did the edits the RPJ asked for. Said RPJ went inactive and I had no idea where he went. Then while I wait for this entry, which has been fixed to the RPJ's specifications, to be approved, it's denied for the following reason:

There is no dev thread here.
As such, I'm asking for this to be looked over again.

My apologies, @[member="Jacen Cavill"], but the submission was previously pending denial, back when Krag was a pending factory judge. The submission was never marked as denied by an RPJ for follow-up, and I never second-chanced this sub.

My apologies, still denied. @[member="Circe Savan"] The work wasn't done the first time around, and trimming 100M off a ship to circumvent a rule in my opinion is poor form. I'm not into rewarding people for not doing work and I'll wager the RPJ's and factory staff will agree with me.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

I'm going to have to agree with Josh on this one; given the size, and the desire for it to be mass-produced, a development thread is required. I believe Jaxton meant he would let the nature of the development slide, not the thread itself. Either way, since this is being Second Chanced, I'm well within the bounds to bring the lack-of-one up.

@[member="Circe Savan"] It's a mass-produced ship that had 1000m ship without a dev thread. Be this your second, third, or hundreth chance. I would want a dev thread, there is none. If you don't have one when a ship is submitted, it gets denied.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/16484-aeisir/#entry191008

I think this was denied unfairly simply on the notion that it was thought to be 'another way to bypass the angel barrier, just without using a humanoid.' My intention was not to have an angel like race on the board. I've seen quite a few get denied, and as such would not try one myself. It is not an angel. If anything, it's basically a fox with wings. As for the strengths and weaknesses, I will gladly sort them out, given the chance to do so. I understand they were a bit off, and severely unbalanced. I'd like another try at this.

@[member="Alli Wren"] I'm opening your submission, you may make some edits on it to try and hone a focus on it. When it gets judged again, work with that person and narrow the focus of it.

@[member="Sadrion"] The general feel of the submission doesn't sit well with me. It is a fox with wings, but it's basically what we've been denying: Angels. I could give you a list of edits to make, but you would be nowhere near what you intended. So I'm sorry, it stays denied.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/16559-eliminator-armor/#entry192612

This was denied on the basis that it was an example of powergaming amongst other things that could easily be edited. In making this suit,I was not powergaming, simply sticking to character as opposed to greedily stacking on benefits and powers and immunities reguardless of character relevance in order to be the very best. Andreas is a man who grew up on war and violence and is himself an experienced hired killer. As such, most things he builds will be made for war and assassination both. It'd be a plain breach of character to make anything less and I can give an IC reason Andreas would want or need any of the suit's functions. I actually put some considerable weaknesses in there like the switch that completely removes the armor and the fact that not all parts of it are lightsaber resistant that I think wasn't focused on enough. I mean, you can have the greatest most OP powergaming to the extreme suit of armor but f there's a visible switch that makes all of that irrelevant and is in a pretty reachable area, an inconvenient falling rock could defeat you. But this suit is vital to the character and is basically what the batsuit is to Batman or the kryptonian DNA is to Superman. So I am willing to make any reasonable edits to the suit in order to make it approvable.

@[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]

Okay, bud. Time to sit down and check over this.

And I have. Before I start, I'll just say that I highly appreciate your willingness to make proper edits, but this will remain denied. It will remain this way with reasoning from the following breakdown:
  • The Intent: Good.
  • The Dev Threads: The first isn't very good. I don't see a lot of effort placed into the thread at all. The second is fairly better. If I were judging, a third development thread would have been a must to design the armor and manufacture it.
  • The Affiliation: Not a big thing at all, but it must have been filled out.
  • The Model: Good.
  • The Manufacturer: Fine.
  • The Modularity: Fine, but how could it be modified?
  • The Material: As I said before, using both Beskar and Songsteel require quality dev threads. Don't see much effort. Plus using all of these different materials would be pretty hard to assemble, even for an experienced metalsmith.
  • The Description: The appearance for the armor is pretty sick. The abilities are quite different, though. I see other Staffers posting below in the submission thread and will reference what they've stated. Where will the flamethrower get its source? How will the Screen on the wrist have power? Et cetera.
  • The Classification: Fine.
  • The Weight: This weight is waaaaay too low for an armor of this caliber. Forming all of these different metals together, METALS, will make you into an immobile tank. Not exactly immobile, but you catch my drift.
  • The Quality: Fine.
  • The Extra Features: I find it hard to believe that an armored suit with flamethrowers, hidden blasters, and electronics made from a combination of many different metals melded together would be able to snap apart into separate pieces in the blink of an eye.
As it stands, with this breakdown, it will remain denied. I do hope that you will take this advice and suggestions made by other Staffers to revise future Factory Submissions and continue roleplaying with gusto. Don't worry so much about development threads and make them into a story rather than a task.

Hope this settles things.

@[member="Darth Arcis"]

Well, that's a bummer. Thanks for being reasonable and perfectly explaining everything. But there is one thing I want to clarify that I am now painfully realizing should have been clarified in the post itself. To the weight, I would reason that it is made of only three metals; two of them noted to be VERY lightweight while the third is unspecified, plus the plates are thin because they were melted into an alloy as opposed to stacking whole sheets on top of eachother; though I guess I should have considered the weight of the hidden weapons.

I am still in need of an adequate battle suit. Am I free to make a different suit with the same materials?

Tefka said:
IV. Completing restricted item objectives may count as development threads for the submissions using the restricted item. Each completed objective only counts for one submission.
@[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]

I'm afraid not. The Restricted Items rules state that it may only be used for ONE submission. Though this was denied, it was still submitted to the Factory. I apologize for any inconvenience this is to you, but don't fret. RPs can still go on without a suit of armor. Grow your character, do some sick dev threads, and then submit your armor. Do that and I'll have no quarrel with judging your new armor.
EDIT: You could have been able to, but your development threads were deemed to be of low quality by the judging Staffers.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/16791-isojontu/

I'd like to second-chance this planet. I primarily made this so, admittedly, the CIS would have a dominion chain over, as stated, an empty region of space(likely to be filled with planets by someone someday). As well, the planet's rationale of being denied due to it being easy to exploit for minerals kinda directly contradicts with my safeguards to make sure something like that doesn't happen(eg. The fact that you'd have to dig a canyon in order to have enough minerals to make enough durasteel to make even a standard sword). Again, if I have to make this more explicit in the submission, I will. That, and the "other problems" mentioned in this denial occurring after seventy-five minutes are never gone into detail, thus I have no idea what(according to All) is wrong.

Thank you for looking this over.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Whether this isn't intended for "easy extraction" or whether it is the point still stands that it contains every ore, and this isn't going to fly. Simply put whether you intend for it to be used in such a way or not does not matter, someone somewhere will find a way to exploit this to the maximum potential and that's not something I'm going to allow. (trust me, there are characters on this board that would destroy the whole planet, from an IC perspective, if it meant getting the whole supply of ore it contains)

Simply put, you obviously trust people and their intentions much more than I do, and I don't want this blown out of proportion.

As such, I'm sticking with the decision that was already made where this is regarded, and the submission will remain denied.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/17229-eden/#entry202773

This was denied without explanation which is especially frustrating to me because this planet is very important for my character and 1 out of 2 chances at his development has been thrown out the window without any notification of defects and the Second Chance thread is not the best place to go over errors since when a RPJ comes to you with those here, it's usually because your submission will remain denied and as such I'd really preferred it if this had been gone over on the submission itself. But since it isn't, I'm here metaphorically bitting my nails and losing hair at the thought of the planet remaining denied. Again, this is another submission that is very important to me and I will make any reasonable edits to make it approvable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom