Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Azrael, The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

pop-ca-009.jpg

• Intent: To create a new sword I've been thinking up for a long time.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Dimension Shift
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Saber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Heaven's Edge -
    A sword with only one strength, and no others. Azrael is a blade designed to not cut as a conventional blade does, but to focus a massive amount of force energy from the surrounding area into the blade’s edge; allowing it perform one type of attack. Instead of cutting as a conventional blade might, it simply teleports whatever it would cut away; in the exact width and diameter of a regular cut. This in effect allows it to have a sharpness far exceeding any conventional blade of today, be it vibroblades or lightsabers. This ‘sharpness’ is dependent on the force in all aspects, and without it the blade would be useless.

Weaknesses:
  • Degradation -
    The blade known as Azrael is made of iron and bone; to accommodate the fact that it is so focused in construction towards one idea. The iron to allow a very lightweight saber with no equal, but the bone to bring about the beauty of the force; pushing it forward and concentrating it with idealized focus. All of this is required to create the teleporting effect surrounded the blade’s edge, yet this comes with an unconventional downside. The blade is weak to all attacks, unable to parry nor defend.

Entirely focused on attack, the sword has no defense against other blades or even armor. That means, should the teleporting effect of the edge not work or otherwise be out of commission; the blade would no doubt break. This means an extraordinary of very precise maintenance must be kept up to maintain the weapon, and it should never be used outside the realm of combat.

[*]Force Dependent -
  • The Force surrounds Azrael, binds itself to its will with a sickening grasp. It seems to absorb it, suck it in, breath its very essence, but as all things it uses it like oxygen. Should the blade ever be exposed to something like Void Stone, or even the dreaded Ysalamiri, there would be no way for it to keep up with any other type of blade as all the powers it holds would cease to function. Its archaic design would shatter when brought to wrath against modern weapons, effectively making it useless. It is a sword meant to take on opponents in a very specific manner, and it does not have the flexibility to go outside of this.

DESCRIPTION
Just as its predecessor, Azrael is a weapon spoken about on hyperlanes and campfires in hushed tongues and pained whispers. Veterans of combat, Sith Lords, and hunters of the heads of criminals all mind its iconic looks; a jagged saber with a chipped edge and seemingly weak handle, more decorative in nature than practically useful. Yet, despite its looks, they say, it is a weapon that can outdo anything in the hands of a grandmaster of the arts; able to cut through theoretically anything. Those who met it in vibroblade combat watched as the sword effortlessly passed through not only the parry these combatants had set up, but continued to pass through and cut off an arm; a daunting lesson they’d never have the chance to rectify. Few even spoke about the divinated voice that spoke to them through what temporary bladelock they held; as if the proximity to the blade would bring them closer to the grim reaper himself. It was nightmare inducing, forever haunting the survivors with its cacophony of voices. The blade was not conventional, and it was not blessed; it was a curse set loose on the galaxy by a nameless craftsmen with nothing but evil in his heart.

These stories spread like wildfire after the debut of Azrael on the battlefield, its seemingly downtrodden appearance inspiring a contrasted sense of urgency amongst those who faced it. On one hand, it was a broken looking blade in ill repair, on the other it would decimate them in combat with little effort. All of this is true, but the stories are still often regarded as false claims by the superstitious and absent minded. How could a sword like this even be created, one might ask.

Azrael was created by The Slave after months of testing imbuement and theories on how to create the artifact. Oftentimes, devices were imbued with force energy much the same as the sword only to ‘fall’ out of the ship they were kept in; a small hole the size of whatever the object was often creating a straight line out of the vessel. Eventually, a strategy was devised for the initial forgery of the device; a crowning achievement in the renowned alchemist.

The weapon was originally constructed before the imbuement process began, with a long and slender blade made of blackened iron offering nothing but a sense of doom upon the gazer. This foreboding nature was contrasted by the fact that its handle was a piece of art, various designs carved into even darker iron connected by felucian rancor bone and gold. These connections made a weapon of luxury, one of decadence that fit the style The Slave was looking for; something to intimidate on looks alone. These aesthetics however, would not last.

Before the blade was constructed, a force imbued sheath had to be created; Azrael’s soon to be prison on this dimensional plane. It's too was made of much of the same material, but instead of the force pressure created by the blade, it was given something opposite; something to counteract all aspects of the weapon. It was made hardy and strong, but only enough to hold off its prisoner; a daunting feat in itself.

With a proper sheathe made, The Slave began final works on the blade itself. Utilizing a device known as ‘The Darkstaff’, The Slave was able to spend weeks drawing in massive amounts of energy for its construction, and carefully press it into the beautified construction he had made. The issue soon arose however, that as the force began to take its preferred outcome that the blade itself began to shake and shatter. Pieces of the blade once thought to be impenetrable simply disappeared, while the gold began to lose its sheen and beauty. The blade had begun to fall into decay before his very eyes, and no matter the power of the Darkstaff, it simply could not restore what was lost. It was a constant, forever repeating process that seemed to stop only moment before shattering the entire blade.

From this point on, the blade was nothing more than the force that it drew in. However, with such and ungodly amount of force energy brought into the device; something else came to fruition. A quiet voice heard whenever the blade was carried, sickening and cruel, mocking and tormenting; a voice that seemed to drag on with displeasure unless satiated by blood. It was what would become known as Azrael, a name chosen by itself for itself. This personality in the blade bore its way into the mind of its user and pressured them to kill, kill their friends, their family, everything they held dear.

It was cruel and malevolent, there was nothing it would not seek to cut down. Almost as if it could traverse even the Netherworld for a simply taste at blood, with the more life it took the more it could expand its thoughts and feelings; occasionally even speaking to an opponent in the midst of combat.

The teleportation factor of the blade however, was nothing short of ascended. Able to effortlessly glide through the likes of Quadanium and Reinforced Durasteel, it was not something that could be stopped by mere metal alone. Even without pressure behind the blade, it could simply appear through what it faced, effectively bypassing armor from the get go; an ability no sword to date had been able to reproduce. This made it an extremely effective weapon on the battlefield, and something no offensive duelist could ask more of.

This is the creation of a sword that eclipses all of what came before, and the magnum opus of The Slave’s ventures into the like. A weapon meant for a god, and one that would be hard pressed to find any master in today’s realm.

Under Review.

[member="The Slave"]

Two things: "Whoever owns it" is not a valid affiliation. Please select a correct affiliation as per template.

Secondly: a sword that uses teleportation to cut -strikes me as ridiculously overpowered. Do you any evidence that this Force technique can be used on a weapon? And keep in mind that your cited source for the power was used to move simple objects around. Not used in combat.

While this is very thoughtful and interesting I hope you can appreciate how immense and terrifyingly powerful a weapon like this could be against people in PvP.

---Major

[member="The Major"]

Changed the first.

As far as the second, I actually have no proof its ever been used on a weapon, nor that its even possible, only that the idea of force imbuement is possible in the extreme. I understand that the source references only the movement of objects outside of combat, though I thought to stretch a somewhat already vague article on Wookiepedia. I'd defend it with 'imagination', as its my only real argument.

As far as how strong it is, I've no doubt it is. I've tried to make it somewhat balanced in despite of its singular power, from the fact that its a brittle blade to its almost specific type of combat. Even the corrupting internal voice, although that's less combat orientated so much as character development orientated. Despite all that, I understand that my definition is balanced may not fall in line with the judges ideas, but I'd still like the attempt to balance it with your help if able.

Is there a recommendation in mind you have, or just that the general idea thus far is extreme?

[member="The Slave"]

After reviewing with my fellow judges there is simply no way any of us can come up for a counterbalance for this. It's imaginative for sure. It's interesting, but this essentially has more cutting power than a lightsaber. Nothing can withstand a single strike to it. If it would only hit once and then break it would essentially end the person on the receiving end, not to mention how this wouldn't simply kill everyone in the area if you sliced once with it (sudden vacuum, how does it seal cuts). This probably explains why the technique was only used to move items with some wind up and down time. And never was used by jedi in combat.

Unfortunately I have to deny this since there isn't a why to really balance teleportation.

You may second chance this sub if you so like, or maybe go back to the drawing board with a new force imbuement. Keep in mind that your creativity is always interesting. So I'm sure there is something similar you can drum up.

This submission has been denied and moved to the Archives.

You may request a Second Chance within the Factory Discussion Forum and tag [member="Jamie Pyne"] for review.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom