Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Hope Never Dies | GA Invasion of TSE held Ziost and Tiss'Sharl

ziost2-obj3-2.png

//: Captain Save a Corellian //: Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran //:
//: Enemies //: TSE //:
//:
J E D I _ M A S T E R //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png
The sound of the sniper rang in the Corellian's ears. A loud crack followed by the high-pitched hum threatened to shake her eardrums from her head. It was an odd time to feel nostalgia, remembering her first mission, her first assassination for the 'good guys.' The kill was quick, clean, and no one knew that she had been there.

Early in her career, she learned to shadow and live in the open without being seen. At first, it was fun - a game almost, like the ones she played as a child. Being the protagonist, you were invincible, shielded by the righteousness of your beliefs. It took seeing the war crimes committed by people Allyson looked up to, even feeling the weight of her own actions for the woman to realize - there really weren't any good guys.

Just people trying to survive.

"Karking chaos," She mumbled quietly to herself. It seemed the blood loss was starting to mess with her concentration. That's precisely what was happening, "Focus up." she ordered. The cybernetic eye refocused, staring down at the scope of the sniper. Just breath, just one more shot, Allyson reminded herself. The Echani woman would arrive any minute now, and she would be free of this hell hole.

The barrel erupted again, another powered shot ripped through the neck of another sith trooper. His scream silenced before he could react as he fell to his knees. Allyson watched as his hands clawed at the gaping wound; it poured his crimson life force staining the white armor. She always watched, not because she enjoyed it - in reality, she hated what she did, but she needed to survive.

Allyson watched because the one time she didn't, she regretted it. Once more, her mind dazed, falling back into the pool of memories. At least the memory she found herself thinking of was pleasant for the most part - recent, but pleasant. It was short-lived as the smell of the now ruined power cell of the sniper began to burn at her nose. Allyson sat up, patting the gun slightly. "Did good." A small chuckle, now she was talking to a gun - great.

Allyson got the message, Jyoti and the Silver Jedi had arrived. The civilians, the Alliance troopers, everyone saved. Pulling herself from the doorway, she pulled herself with her good arm. Back rested against the concrete as she watched through the cybernetic eye seeing friendlies swarm the group and begin to administer aid.

Relief washed over the woman, the corner of her mouth curled into a smile, and she exhaled. Looking up through the broken concrete, she watched the aerial battle happen. The Behemoth casting the dark shadow as it loomed over the battlefield. Something about it, though, she felt confident in the good guys again. The thought made her smile widen as she looked down at her useless arm, stained with her own blood, infected and gnarled beyond recognition. Was it worth it? Would they be remembered as the good guys? Would children want to be them when they grew up?

The thought was too heavy; she wanted to think of something else, someone else - anything else than the mortality that she was facing as she waited.

"I should have said I liked her or something." She spoke out loud, a small laugh escaped the chit-eating grin, "Eh, maybe I will if she lets me buy her another drink."

Allyson felt her chest heavy, breathing was getting harder, and she couldn't control the Force much anymore. She couldn't handle the pain she had been suppressing for the past few weeks.

<Safety to Velvet…>

Her voice trailed; she could feel a dark entity encroaching upon them. A small laugh as she finished.

<Thank you.>

The line quiet. Allyson pulled the sniper close again, a hand moving across the power cell and feeling a bit more life in it. "Looks like we both are on our last leg eh?" Yeah, she was losing her mind, talking to a gun. Adjusting where she sat, she nestled back onto her belly. The sniper drawing in its sights the Sith Knight. Allyson waited as she inhaled deeply. Barrel settling and the Sith in the crosshairs, the crack of the sniper rang in her ears, a powered shot aimed at the base of the Sith's neck.

A hand fell from the grip, hitting the concrete ground. The dust settled as the gun tipped over from the weight of the Corellian's head resting gently against the scope.

Silence.

Last edited:

Darth Ananta

D

Objective III
Equipment:
Lightsaber, Armor
Directly Engaging: Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Every step taken another life was snuffed out from the world, like a black blot of ink spreading like the webs of a crack in glass over the world of Ziost. It didn't matter the source, and she would never care the cause, because, though her inability to serve on the ground as a soldier in the proper sense of the word made her as important as the faceless men and women that found themselves strewn across the duracrete streets, death was darkness all the same - darkness that she craved. Dust and debris floated by her, clinging to her silvery hair and the armor that covered her, while she inhaled the sweet, sweet, stench of the rot that was to come. Death by opportunity was the tamest, hardly more than a morsel of panic and then silence through killing; it was the tainted, misguided or not, purposeful murder performed by either Sith or Jedi, and anyone in between, that truly filled her with vigor.

A feast, one might say, for a being that fed on the force for sustenance, and thrived on the misery of her prey. The innocent, those mewling ones that struggled, were always the most sweet - the shudder that ran down her spine as hapless civilians were crushed underfoot by their hopeless saviors and their tyrannical protectors put quite the smile on her face. A telekinetic wave ripped up from the ground beneath several Alliance soldiers as the Sith Lord turned the corner, her pale, aged, appearance slowly shifting as she fed on the chaos that seemed to come from everywhere at once. A small hand lifted up as soldiers fell, tearing from them their essence, their very force of life, as painfully as she could muster - their silent screams like music to her ears.

Still, they weren't what, or perhaps who, she had been looking for.

Irina needn't search much longer, however, as it appeared that her prey had came to her instead. Her brow arched with curiosity as she slipped back into the shadows to observe as Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran descended on Sith-aligned soldiers and vehicles with the sort of strength she might've envied, if her skills and desires hadn't been so aligned. Her focus, drawn so heavily on the swells of darkness around her and the violence that caused it, was all that kept her alive - though her amber eyes had been trained on the Jedi wreaking havoc, with more than a little excitement stirring in her, the darkness knew no master and she quickly felt its heavy weight descending on her. First there was silence, then a deafening crack, as the force acted on every facet of her being to thrust her to the side - telekinesis or something of the sort, rather than a conscious propulsion of the bodily sort - and out of what she presumed, as a precautionary stance, to be harms way.

Luckily nobody saw her fling herself out of the way of what turned out to be nothing - rather a Sith, likely an ambitious knight of some sort, had appeared to leap on her prey right under her nose. The weight of danger that she'd felt had been large because the will it had originated from must have acted in some degree of attachment towards the Jedi, evidenced by the sudden spray of blood from a falling Sith knight as a slug pierced clean through their neck. A faint echo of the will behind the gunshot was still nearby, which the Sith lord quickly deduced the origin of, but just as quickly as the Jedi's attacker had been killed so, too, had the presence of the hidden sniper. Emerging now from the shadows, emboldened by a seeming lack of an audience to what was to come, Irina shook off her reservations of stepping into the open with a broad smile and the rapid hiss of her lightsaber as its red pillar burst to life in her hand.
"Don't disappoint me." She said.

"I want this to last."

ziost2-obj2-3.png

//: 'Partner - in - Crime' //: Marcis Sorr Marcis Sorr //:
//: Allies //: GA & Friends //:
//: Alliance One //:
//:
M A R V I N _ G A Y E //:
Viers_Sabers.png
His question struck her as curious; Viers really didn't know if there was a dungeon or not. In reality, she had only used the threat to scare him into hopefully running or to rethink his course of actions. "Well, I'm not really sure, but like all major governments have dungeons where they interrogate people - though usually people who are interesting." Viers paused and wondered if she could stand on the bed and try to intimidate him that way. "But you're not really that interesting. You're just really pale and really bad at sneaking around. So they'd probably just kill you or leave you locked up for like ever."

Getting a bit of bravado in her, the padawan began to get on her feet. Standing on the bed, she found her balance and, with one of her blades drawn in one hand and in the other, the handcuffs. Arms stretched outward; she grinned at her brilliance but soon found that she needed to adjust her vision as the bed spun. "I have the high ground Sith. I suggest you get on your knees and beg for mercy." A grin spread across Viers' face as she looked at the Echani. At that moment, the song changed. A groovy funk played as a voice began to sing, "Let's get it ooonnnn, woo hooo hooooo"

The lights began to flicker, fading in and out with the beat of the song. Everything in the room seemed to be connected to the music's mood and the flow of the tempo. As the bed slowed its spinning and began to vibrate just like the box, Viers struggled to keep her balance. Lightsaber waving about, Viers quickly shut off as she fell off the now very shaky bed.

Seeing the boy close, she stuck a foot out to try and use him as a step as she needed to get off the deadly love bed machine.

Who would have a vibrating bed? What was the point? The concept lost on the Corellian.

dE8gfI1.png

b r a d y c a r d i a
[ Dr. Julian Qar] | Mazakah Mazakah
MEDICAL CARE| VERY OPEN - TRIAGE READY
Gear: The Drip - Weapons: Adjudicator & Angry Owl - Medical Kit: Standard Pack + Az-rael
"you and I are oil and fire"
N5cG5gd.png
<<TRANSMITTED TO ALL ALLIANCE, IMPERIAL, AND JEDI GROUND FORCES:

GALACTIC ALLIANCE EVACUATION OF ZIOST IS ORDERED. FORCES ARE TO DISENGAGE THE ENEMY AND FALL BACK. ALL PERSONNEL ARE TO REPORT TO THE FOLLOWING COORDINATES FOR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PLANET.

--GALACTIC ALLIANCE DEFENSE FORCE FORWARD COMMAND>>

<"I'm alive, but I'm not done here. Not yet. I don't know when I'll be home. I don't know when I'll be back in the lab. Someone will answer for these bodies.">

<"We will the finish the fight...now come with me and take this city.">

The relay of information slammed into his earpiece, cascading waves of sounds in heavy succession. It was so jarring at first to hear a voice in his coms that wasn’t his own or Hazels. The moment he heard her voice...the words she spoke, he felt a rush of relief but boy if his heart didn't skip a beat from the ice in her tone. The information funneled into his mind overwhelmed him, it was a mixture of pull back and retreat or continue and march on. There was no part of him that wanted to buckle, to run away with his tail between his legs. Not now. Not as the divide in the sand grew even tighter within reach as those forces marched own, as the earth began rumble begging for a swift end. He would be there, till the end.

“Hazel! Take the civilian and head back to the evac transports. Focus gettin’ yourself out of here as fast as you can, don’t turn back. Ya, hear me?” He crawled over to her, watching as Mazakah dance around in his own choreographic ballet of grenades and gunfire. He was in his element plucking away helms, dropping bodies to the ground, and painting his canvas with their ichor. He was effervescent.

Hazel pulled at his hands, her lip quivering while she shook her head. “No, no, no I’m not going to go, please Doc...let me stay put, promise I’ll do better, Doc. Come on man, you can’t just..you can’t go off shooting on your own!” He could only see her through his muddied visor, shaking his head. His voice rang stern yet he did not shy away from his usual soft expression. “You got a lot to live for, kid. Now, gimme yer pack and go. Go on Hazel, go on and get!”

As much as she wanted to fight him, to rebel like the angry young adult she was, she couldn’t..she understood him as much as he dismissed her. She understood his need to prove himself amongst the others, to show his worth. Reluctantly she slipped the pack from his shoulders, her hands trembled, sniffling as she handed him her medkit. “Don’t fucking die you piece of shit, respectfully, sir. I will find you and I will kill you again...a third time...kay, D-doc? Don’t fuckin’ die…”
She lifted her helm briefly to wipe away her tears, holding her breath from being infiltrated by smoke and soot that swarmed them. Without warning, she quickly hugged the field medic, the steams on her cheeks growing thicker with their short embrace. She honestly didn’t know if this would be the last time she’d see her mentor again. “Come o-on, Mister!” Hazel called over Julian’s shoulder, pulling away to do just as he asked of her, run.

Julian watched as the two bolted towards the evac transport, the chiss man continued to take shots despite being impaled and drugged out of his mind. He knew they’d get there, he knew they’d be safe. He would not allow himself to fall into a hole of what-ifs. Steady, he started to take out of Hazel’s pack and shove what he could into his own. He didn’t have much with him but hell if he wouldn’t do what he could with what he had. The medic stored the pack aside, pressing up against the slap of rubble while he sent a call out to anyone that could reach him.

<“This Lieutenant Qar, I’m located south of the city center, Hopin’ to rendezvous with some friendlies, gimmie your cords. Over.”>

He would station himself on the ground, letting the drone of his machine be his guide, it would be his song amongst the fires. One by one he snared their bodies, their souls, disgracing their alliance with each bullet sent from his weapon. The stock of his rifle recoiled harshly into the soft tissues of his shoulder joint. Each round, each return sent rattling waves into the synthetic tissues of his shoulder, burying a groove into his metal onyx frame from its force. Despite all of its force, he felt no pain, allowing his humanity to slip between his cybernetic fingertips. Eyes glowing brightly, their gold hue faded into dead white augmented optics. He could feel nothing, for he was nothing but machine.

IbwiVE8.jpg

Last edited:
ziost2-obj3-2.png

Enemies: The Amalgam The Amalgam
Allies: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Arcturus Tal Arcturus Tal
Equipment: Doombringer Shotgun

DT didn't relent in firing more of the DoomBringer's blasts against the Amalgam's body. What his files told him was that she could take serious damage. But beyond that, there wasn't much to tell. Even as he was now half way blown apart. At least the living tissue that is. He pressed a heavy foot against her chest, and still continued to unload buckshot, after crippling buckshot into the base of her spine. Blowing away more parts of her flesh, wanting to make sure that something like her couldn't heal itself fast enough He would empty all of his rounds if he had to to keep her down. Showing a rather cold and emotionless face, even as he pumped his shotgun, and kept firing deep into her.

A face still looked at him, filled with scorn and hatred. The machine didn't re, it only would keep unloading upon his foe until she is nothing but obliterated. As he pressed a foot against her spine, taking more rounds to load into the Scattergun, he detected the Lightning bolt that was aiming to strike. The bolt hit him with such intense power, he shook momentarily as it passed through what remained of the living tissue, and went through the metal exterior his HUD lit up with all types of Data.

Extreme Electrical disturbance detected....

Damage 50% Repairing... Finding Solutions...

Increase Droid Shield by 30%

Even as his body went through a massive electrical surge. DT remained undeterred in his mission. It would need to take far more than that to fully stop the killing machine. Even with his half-ruined body. Managing to fully reload the scattergun with a few more rounds, he aimed the barrel of the gun against her head, pressing it against what skull he could see. Ready to strike until he had been given word from Tai over the comm. "Commodore Tai... I'm giving you my coordinates now. I require your bombers to unload everything on my position." He said knowing the severity of the situation had required more than just some drastic measures. He needed to blow Amalgam straight to hell. If such a place even existed for the likes of her.

Removing the scattergun from her head, he grabbed what spine he could see, and started to carry her. Keeping a firm grip, iff she even tried to run, he would make sure that she would take him with her. He didn't know what damage the bombardment could do, but with enough time he could use what little teleportation energy he had left to get away and perhaps deal with the droid units.

For now, he stood, with her spinal cord in hand. As with the transmission, he gave the Commodore a beacon to follow to his location, so that the bombing run was made flawlessly in a desperate attempt to put an end to his target.

ziost2-obj2-3.png

allianceone.png

OBJECTIVE: II - Preservation of Liberty
ALLIES: Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | GA & NIO
ENEMIES: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | TSE
KIT: Lesser Ring of the Protected Mind | Visions of Gold | Taxman’s Embrace | Limited Liability

wsL0bBY.png

The Vice Chancellor continued the monitor the chaos which continued to engulf the hallways of Alliance One. In all corners of the ship, marauding S-IMP invaders and ferocious Tiss’shar boarders tangled with Alliance marines for control of important hallways and compartments. Imperial Knights, armed with their distinctive silver-white lightsabers, held their ground against overwhelming odds, an iron wall between the Senators and their enemies.

“Sir, you might want to see this.”

Tithe strode over to the bridge officer and studied the holoprojector before them. The view, while hazy with the telltale interference lines of all holotech, was immediately recognisable as Tithe’s quarters. While the dreadnaught was under the command of the Officer of the Chancellor, Aerarii maintained quarters as the most frequent guest after Adhira.

While the room in question was familiar, what was unfolding within it took Tithe a moment to understand. Jedi Knight Viers Connory Viers Connory was standing on the Vice Chancellors bed, facing down a Sith who had been identified as Marcis Sorr Marcis Sorr . While the audio was hard to hear over the sound of the blaring klaxons ringing out on the bridge, from what little he could hear the two seemed to be… flirting.

Tithe reached forward the terminated the link, not wishing for the bridge officers to become too acquainted with the unique decor of his quarters. “Yes, well. Let’s have a, ah, security team sent there right away,” he requested. Simple theft was not his concern - he could easily replace another stolen. What worried him was the possibility of ulterior motives.

The Vice Chancellor had just retaken his position in the middle of the bridge when he disappeared.

wsL0bBY.png

Tithe’s stomach dropped as he hit the deck in a darkened, unfamiliar corridor. He cried out in panic and swung around, unsure how he had suddenly transported from the most secure part of a ship designed to keep people such as himself safe.

Then he saw Ingrid pointing a blaster at him.

He screamed.

But only for a moment, long enough to realise that had she intended to kill him, she would have done so by now.

Their relationship was complicated. While they were enemies fighting on opposite sides of the same war, mutual respect existing between the two. Even when he had worked to organise an underground resistance within the borders of the Eternal Empire, his intent had been to bring down the regime, not to kill Ingrid herself. Similarly, she’d had plenty of opportunities to kill him were he stood, the latest being this very moment, and yet he lived.

giphy.gif

Tithe sat against a bulkhead and gave a nod of acknowledgment.

“Yes, Empress, to what do I own the, ah, honour?”

header3.png

BɅ₸₸LΣ₸RɅNCΣ
GOD
NWE TSADAA, ZSOIT
Julian Qar Julian Qar | Closed

runes_melt.png

He was music in its purest form.​

A harmony of unbridled, raw rhythm that sought nothing from no one but the appeasement of the thought scratching and enveloping his brain. He didn't need anything but for that itch to stop. The distant words of The Angel and The Reaper painted themselves before his eyes and consciousness, but he could not grasp them fully. Such complex creatures spoke a language he did not understand. But perhaps with his ascension, he could. The tangibility of his world collapsed inward further, becoming little more than a supernova of colors and shades the likes of which he had never seen. The spires rising around him, his playground, had begun to rise distantly and with the effort of some unseen hand, vanished. He caught himself staring at them, watching the orchestra, feeling it resonate in the fabricated core of his being.​

This world was collapsing. The comforting colors had begun to spiral from the edges, block by block, and he had no comprehension as to why. He did not feel the urge to flee. He stood there, gaze turned towards the rippling smoke columns left by the banished, relocated buildings. He could have stared for eons, and likely would have, had the sudden impact of scorching plasma against his chest and shoulder knocked him from his balance and toppled him to the street. He felt something pinch between his brows and turned his gaze down, struggling to reattach his swaying consciousness back to the limbs and body he searched for reason. Bleached hands grasped at the white spots raising a blooming influence across his damaged torso and drew away, allowing him inspection.​

What happened?​

Had he perhaps been a little more anchored in reality, he would have realized he had been shot twice.​

But he wasn't.​

He didn't.​

Numb to the burns and their gouging influence, the chiss swayed back up to his feet, preparing to run down the source of such strange spots, only for The Angel to grip his arm and drag him backward. She was scared, a level of fear he felt dance across his tongue and slide down his throat, coating the words that tried to bubble from him. He stared at her in silence, head twisted around on his shoulders. Where was she going? Why was she taking him with her? He hadn't the slightest idea how to even begin answering such complex questions. What was he but a man in the face of the celestial divine?​

A reflex snapped his arm around, forcing him to twist as they rounded a corner and he reeled about to face her, now in front. "S†ay behind me." He uttered as the screeching demons raked their talons down his back- creating more splotches of white against the colored smoke forming his body. He contorted, squeezing the trigger of the weapon in his hand, laying down a spray of strobing light, banishing the shadows back to the ground.​

To the outside world, he was a burned, bloody mess. His eyes were nearly white with the expansion of his pupils and both had been pried open nearly as wide as they could be. His hair was slicked to his head, pinned down against his burning, dust streaked hide by the trails of sweat drifting down his temples and saturating his jaw. He was long gone, trapped in a dimension between planes those looking onto him could not see.​

But it was through that plane he dragged The Angel with him, bounding over the shadowy corpses hissing on the ground at the mouth of the alley.​

He realized then she was not in the company of the one she had come with. Where was The Reaper?​

Had he already paid for his place and now, She was taking him beyond? This had to be the case, in his mind, there loomed no other explanation. A tilt of his head honed his hearing through the white noise, listening for the churning chorus of chaos before he ducked forward, dragging the poor medic with him, narrowly avoiding the sightline of charging Sith Imperial troopers storming up the street to engage the Alliance commandos who had dug in.​

IE9RAab.png

OBJ :// PROTECT THE ANGEL
ALLIES | THE REAPER | THE ANGEL
FOES | DEMONS

Jim Martin

J

faithful.png

Objective: Revenge
Allies: N/A
Enemies: NIO / GA / TSE
Tags: Tulan Kor Tulan Kor
370d9lz.png

"So you're the one killing all these Legionnaires?" Jim continued to walk forward, even as the man he'd been tracking came into view with a weaponry ready. Not to point at him, though. Interesting choice, given everything that'd happened. The chaos of the remaining city, the Sith Troopers running amok. Then the man spoke. It actually had the older figure stop in surprise. Even after all this death, someone still wanted to show some kind of mercy?

Jim laughed.

"Y'know what? I probably would'v, if I had a place to go back to." He turned his gaze to the sound of blasterfire close by. "I'm pretty sure I already died, and this is just the hell we're stuck in." Yeah, hell seemed like just the right place for everything he'd already done.

"Why do you fight?"

Valeria Ragal / The Red Witch
Bounty Hunter, Intelligence Agent, Spy and Assassin
ziost2-obj2-3.png
Objective II.: Preservation of Liberty
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | BCR-X10 Sniper Rifle | Heilagr MK. I ssassin Armour | Kaldrweave Coat | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Writing with: Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
dRUm20K.png

The moment Tithe screamed after the word “BANG,” the woman telepathically showed the man who she really was. That she is not an assassin; okay it was but she didn't come to kill the man. If she had wanted to, she would have killed the other on the bridge, in front of everyone's eyes. But that was not the intention, not really. The telepathic reassurance seemed enough because Tithe had recovered somewhat after that.

As for Ingrid, she was currently lower and stockier than her own real physique, and her voice was different, as was the Force signature. She did everything possible physically or in the Force to make her look different. And yes, she didn't look at Ingrid under her dress either. She was a completely different woman.

"The Empress is currently on Kalidan and is speaking live to her people. I'm the Red Witch, bounty hunter, I was entrusted to take care of you."

At the same time, she replied telepathically to the man, Tithe could hear the Empress's usual voice in his mind.

~ Welcome Vice Chancellor! In this place, only you and I know I'm here. I would thank you for verbally calling me a bounty hunter. If you call her an empress, you’re just making yourself an idiot that would be uncomfortable for your career. In short, I'm here to take you out of the front line and take you back to GA territory. I hope you cooperate and I don’t really have to kidnap you to keep you safe. ~

The relationship between the two of them was really quite unique; she liked the former Moff even… since when he was still Adrian's man. Perhaps Tithe was the only traitor she had a positive opinion of. At the end of the corridor, some patrol raptors appeared at this time, who also noticed the couple.

"I think we need to get going…"

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Sith Dominance

S

faithful.png

Objective: Decimate the Frontlines
Location: Aboard the Behemoth II, in atmosphere above New Adasta.
Allies: TSE
Support: AT-HA Formations | Talon Class Gunship | Vindican Class Transport Squadrons | Imperial Legionnaire | SI - MCTT | Warblade Repulsortank | OMYN Battle Droids | Harrower Class Cruisers
Enemies: NIO / GA
Tags: Valen | Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Captain Raith Captain Raith | Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar | Tulan Kor Tulan Kor | Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt | Willan Tal Willan Tal | Zirell Marxon Zirell Marxon | Kal Ostan Kal Ostan
370d9lz.png

"Ma'am, there's reports of enemy troops on board." A very different voice spoke up this time. The AI, AQUILA, spoke through one of the monitors. The Chiss frowned lightly as she nodded. It wasn't too much of a surprise. In the chaos of the bombardment, one of the safest places to go was aboard the Behemoth.

"They've entered a turbolift. They seem to be heading up. Deploying countermeasures, shutting down the lift."

Even as the AI reported it had already shut down the lifts. A number of battle droids were deployed to secure the lift, ready to fire and kill whomever they saw that wasn't wearing something to mark them as part of the Empire.

"Is the Main Hanger still operational?"

"Yes. These enemy soldiers used the hanger the 67th left vacant."

"Launch the cruisers then. Prepare to intercept the enemies coming."

"Error. Only two are currently operational. The jump has damaged the rest."

Of course it did. The woman clenched a fist, the only betrayal of the anger in her mind before she cleared her throat. "Deploy the two. Make sure the rest are being repaired immediately."

"Already have."

The massive hanger of the Behemoth opened as two of the Empire's own cruisers descended. They turned, immediately going onto an interception course with the incoming Alliance forces. As soon as they were in range they opened fired, turbolasers scorching through the air.

"We crush these traitors and their Jedi allies here and now."

370d9lz.png

The 67th hit the ground hard. What remained of the Legion fought with brutal efficiency. Anyone and everyone in their way were to be subdued and executed. No survivors. The Empire was sending a message. No matter who, or what, tried to defeat them, they would sacrifice anything to utterly annihilate their foes. For too long they'd been assaulted by all manner of foes.

No more.

The Major fought with his men in that same calm brutality. They were sweeping sectors, finding any survivors to put a blaster in their heads. Brutal, grim work. Had it not been for the brutal counter attack, the 67th might have chosen to leave. No one liked what was happening, what they were doing. But after every single fight, every single battle across the Empire, every loss and every death, this had become a necessity.

If they didn't escape or kill them first, the 67th would not leave a single survivor in this battle.

MOSHED-2021-2-26-1-10-36.gif

GEoefTr.png

NEW IMPERIAL ORDER STORMTROOPER CORPS
SPECIAL OPERATIONS BRANCH
DEMON COMPANY
ALLIES
: NIO l GA l Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar l Willan Tal Willan Tal l Jorus Fel Jorus Fel l Kal Ostan Kal Ostan l Captain Raith Captain Raith l Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor l DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran l Jorus Fel Jorus Fel
Enemies: TSE l Irina Volkov l Valen l Sith Dominance l Jim Martin

Private Lears.

Sergeant Montross.

Staff Sergeant Lolai.

Private First Class Munti.

Sergeant Cora.

Lieutenant Deran.

The rest who he did not want to think about. The names poured into his mind,a quiet anger taking over him. The man before him posed a simple question. The next few moments took places in the spaces between seconds, the faster-than-light movement of neurons and electrical nodes inside Tulan's body. The essence of his soul and the nerve endings firing up were one and the same. Well practiced hands gripped the rifle tightly when Jim Martin asked who had killed the Legionnaires.

Juxtaposed to the calm nature of the man before him, Tulan Kor was like a coiled snake. But in reality, he had crossed the battlefield like an otherworldly creature, harvesting souls for Mr. Mayhem himself.

The Grim Reaper's Stride was long and it touched all- the footfalls leaving lifeless corpses, once full of life, in it's wake. Tulan was the wind behind it, the brutal reality of a man unyielding, absolute unflinching resolve.

And more importantly, a spirit of vengeance, defiance.

Tulan's mind wandered for the next few fractions of a second. The mission to save Thal Mantis, that turned into a nightmare scenario- the slaying of an Alliance Senator. The domino effect of sending Nida Perl Nida Perl down a dark path- and their eventual confrontation. The marking of Tulan as a traitor, and Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield questioning his loyalty, his love of country and cause. The destruction of an Alliance, the political fallout. The questioning Senators, the inquiries, the bounties, the warrants.

Then came the New Imperial Order- and by the Imperator's will, Tulan was recruited, hand-picked. Dorn came with him, leaving their posts due to loyalty to Tulan himself, and the memory of Setter Ryburn and his immense hatred of the Sith and all that served him. The New Imperial's cause was something Tulan cared little about. They let him kill Sith, and that's all that mattered.

Tulan's pupils narrowed as the second reached closer to moving to another. Not even a breath had passed yet as he moved.

The man sealed his fate by asking Tulan that question.

He even did Tulan a favor.

And with well-practiced, well-groomed hands, and a rifle in the ready position-

Tulan took aim at the man's center, unprotected mass. And fired three well-aimed, precise, lethal shots. It was an easy shooting exercise, and effective- two rapid shots to the body, then one well-aimed shot to the head. Riding the recoil upwards on the third shot from the second was paramount- and controlling the first two was a crucial part of the exercise. Tulan Kor ran that drill thousands, upon thousands of times. Being a professional was not expertise in a few things- it was brilliance in the basics, to perform the baseline tasks at any given level, on any given day, in any given climate. Truthfully, any soldier with enough talking to could feasibly do any task performed by a Special Forces soldier.

But what made Tulan Kor, Demon Company, and thousands of other elite troopers different, was their ability to perform actions perfectly, even the simple ones, at any given time. Training and repetition were the keys to Tulan's and Demon Company's successes.

And Tulan had been demonstrating his lethality on the Sith for hours, days, weeks, months, years.

Jim Martin wanted to talk.

Tulan was not a good conversationalist.

ziost2-obj3-2.png

B A S T A R D
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
BATTLE GROUP 'ENIGMA'
173rd LEGION | FOURTH COMPANY | TAKA GROUP
ZIOST

Armour | Rifle | Pistol | Sohei| Hammer | Grenades
Company Strength: 91/100

N5cG5gd.png

Should've Ducked
Silas raced past level after level, the dim lights in the shaft the only thing he saw as he approached the underside of the lift. As each level was passed, the numbers of Taka Group dwindled as they breached the levels leading up to the Command Deck. Battle would ensue with or without Silas present, and he was confident in the ability of his men to survive without his direction or presence. With a single rehearsed command, the Battlemind AI implemented within the suit cut the thrust of the jetpack. Where before he had propelled upwards, now it dispensed just enough fuel to maintain his altitude with minute adjustments made for when he moved.

<< "The lift has been locked. It won't be moving." >> Silas said over Taka's close proximity comms.

<< "They know we're here." >> Another said, the heads up display noting them as a Commander. Kilran.

<< "We can destroy it," >> Came an unfamiliar voice. Silas didn't bother looking to put a name to the voice, instead, he continued staring up at the bottom of the lift.

<< "No... The debris will fall down the shaft onto the other teams." >> Silas finished.

Below them, other teams had more graceful entrances instead of the reckless breaching that their Lieutenant had a penchant for. Conventional, instead of improvised. Those that were in his specific proximity now were those that had taken on to his style. In hindsight, it would've been smarter to have them dispensed throughout the platoon to further spread his impatient gospel, but alas, he was stuck with them here.

<< "We'll lift it. Our suits are strong enough." >>

Looks were shared amongst his subordinates. Their once pristine white and grey forces darkened from blaster scorch marks, or from the flames they had passed through in the opened hangar earlier. To the smallest of them, Silas handed his hammer. << "When enough space has been made... Crush the door. We'll be right behind you." >>

His palms hit the underside of the turbolift. The jetpack burned brightly behind him. He couldn't feel it, but in his helmets display, he could see the percentage of energy that was going to it at the side. The lift was heavy, heavier than he had been expecting and when he pushed up, he felt as if he was going nowhere. Multiple pairs of hands found their place alongside him. With the second and thirds, the lifts compartment began to raise. Silas' palms began to sink into the lesser metal. With that straining, he felt the compartment raise. The stoppers put in place to secure it in place grinding through their latches before an audible bending strain and then something falling free.

<< "The door, the door!" >> Silas cried out as he eyed the fuel storage in the corner of his display.

Staring past it and out the helmet to the trooper with his hammer, he watched it rear back as they swung. Into the blast door it went. Once, alongside him cried out, and then twice. The urging continued and the door crumpled beneath it. A gap small enough for a single person to pass through.

As soon as Silas nodded, a thermal detonator went through the breach. A moment or two later, an explosion that shook them, even in the lift, and for a split second, the lift lurched, dropping downwards on them before its movement was restrained. The metal on metal grinding was ever present, an impossible to miss screech that definitely alerted the crew on multiple levels to their presence, if the Myrmidons hadn't gotten to them yet.

<< "Go!" >> Silas cried out.

One by one, they abandoned him, making their way onto the Command Deck. With each ones strength leaving him, the lift lowered more and more.

Beyond them all, he reached into the void as they abandoned him into the breach. From them he drew what he could. Their pain and the anger that loomed over them all. They were the strongest sensations he could draw from, the most recent that he could pull to add to his own strength. The fresh memories still burned hot below the surface of their blackened armour. Fonts of anger molded into duty, loyalty, and rage.

It was enough.

The lift dropped with him, the screeching, ever present as he cut the thrust enough to ease the compartment down. Without its locking mechanisms holding it in place any longer, it could give at any moment, but still it held with the added strength of the Force. But move, Silas could not.

It's not enough. He realized.

<"We will the finish the fight...now come with me and take this city.">

Through the static, in the corner of his HUD, the Sovereign Imperator's callsign appeared. He was alive! Relief flooded at the edge of his senses, Taka Group, as they too heard the words.

But while they celebrated, he reached past them all and sought the survivors that lingered on the ground. The likes of the Sovereign Imperator, and the remnants of the 501st that still lived on. He could not find Tavlar, as if he were not bound to the same realm as the rest of them. Simply shadow, a dark, vacant space in the brief glimpses that he saw through the connection of the dead and suffering.

It was enough.

He rocked his lower body up and behind him, the thrust of the jetpack increased, and he flew out horizontally to shoot out from under the lift and into the corridor. A moment later, he released it all, and allowed the floodgates to close him off from it all again. The sufferings of those on the ground, were once more foreign to him, not to be felt or heard again. Groaning as he pushed himself back to his feet, he felt hands wrap around his shoulders and help him up as he blinked away the build up of moisture in his eyes.

Around him, the frames of droids littered the corridor. A blast mark in the middle of the intersection was proof of where the detonator exploded. And down the hallway in front of them, the shut bridge doors.

"Get that door open."

ALLIES | NIO | GA | Captain Raith Captain Raith | Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar | Noel Strasza Noel Strasza | Kal Ostan Kal Ostan | DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Julian Qar Julian Qar | Jorus Fel Jorus Fel
ENEMIES | TSE | Sith Dominance

The crew of the Prodigal Sun as Arcturus watched the Alliance ships leading the evacuation. Cowards... they asked the NIO to join them in this fight, and they were willing to leave now? He couldn't stand for it. He would not stand for it. Not while they still had people on the ground.

Suddenly, the unexpected occured.

"Sir, transmission incoming. It's from the Imperator."

Could it be? The Imperator lives... the situation was growing more hopeful by the moment. Arcturus anxiously motioned for the transmission to be put through.

<We will the finish the fight...now come with me and take this city.>

Arcturus could feel the growing optimism within the crew. The Imperator's words were like a rallying cry for the ages. Every one of them would fight until the bitter end if need be, Alliance support be damned. They were all committed to this cause... to their homes... to their people. The Imperator wouldn't give up on the cause, and neither would they.

"Sir, response incoming from our ground forces."

Arcturus was ready to deal a crushing blow to the Sith as soon as possible. He motioned for the transmission to be put through.

<Commodore Tal... I'm giving you my coordinates now. I require your bombers to unload everything on my position.>

Quintus was able to confirm the coordinates shortly after. Arcturus ordered to have a reply sent back to the source of the transmission immediately.

"Commodore Tal here, confirmed transmission. Sending payload to provided coordinates right now. Prepare for airstrike. Tal out."

As he finished the message, Quintus rushed to his side.

"Sir, we have an update on the Behemoth. It looks like they're deploying cruisers."

Arcturus found the frustration growing within him again. Would they ever catch a break? No, he refused to fail on this day. Even if it meant that they all went down with the Sith, they would scratch some semblance of victory from this day.

"Have our frigates watch our back. If the cruisers engage, they should be able to hold them off for just long enough."

Quintus had a grim expression on his face as he replied.

"It looks like they're moving for the Alliance ships."

Feth... targeting retreating vessels... was there no low that these Sith would stoop to? Arcturus looked down to his control panel with dismay. The evacuating vessels would be sitting ducks...

"Commander, we proceed with our mission."

"But sir, the evacuees... they'll be vulnerable."

Arcturus felt the anger welling up within him.

"And that was their decision. They chose to abandon the fight. They chose to save their own skins after our people died for them. We have a job to do, and you have your orders. We don't deviate from our mission until it is complete."

Quintus didn't bother to argue further. Instead, he silently opened the channel to their fighter units so that Arcturus could relay their orders.

"All bombers, unload payloads on target coordinates. Give them everything you've got, we'll have you covered the whole way."

Soon they would exact at least the smallest piece of revenge on the Sith. Perhaps it would be just enough to turn the tide. Perhaps they could still seize victory from the clutches of defeat. Perhaps... they could save their people. As the bombers made their way, Arcturus finally smiled.

They had not lost the day yet...

The bombers descended on the provided coordinates, accompanied by a compliment of fighters for protection. Their targeting computers came to life as they marked the area for a hail of death. Soon, they passed overhead, unleashing wave after wave of liquid fire down upon the area. The bombers would be the hand of judgement upon those who had hurt the NIO. They would be the avenging angels of their fallen comrades. The very wrath of the gods themselves would be rained down upon the surface as they loosed their payloads.

The Sith would pay...

Saber Seven
Shields at 9%
Stealth Disabled
Sensors Scrambled
Enemies: Seela Leini Seela Leini
Allies: Siloh Riain Len Vert Len Vert
ziost2-obj1-1.png

Leon could sense any incoming fire just as much as he could feel the soft rattle of his ship or the thoughts of his opponent. So when the missile came, he was ready. He reached out in the Force, ready to detonate it as it left the tube…

He was distracted for just a moment, by the distinct sensation of being knee-deep in a rushing river. The frigid water buffeted the Jedi, threatening to break his stance and drag him along. A buzzing roar broke his mental concentration, a mix of the sound of the river and screaming. Leon blinked, and he was back in his X-wing, though his knees still felt submerged. Already the missile had covered most of the distance it needed. With a swift jerk in the Force, the missile exploded, much closer than the Jedi would have liked.

Saber Seven burst out of the cloud of dust that once was the missile, back on the fight. Alarms blared, warning of the failing shields. The ship’s pilot concentrated on his target. He’d felt her moment of panic as her shields fell. The X-wing’s nose snapped up to face the Tuk’ata. This would be a kill shot. He had shields, but it was unlikely they’d survive this pass. Leon’s thumbs rested on the triggers as he lined up his shot. The roar of the dead was growing louder. Soon, the Sith-Imperial would join them, and Leon could leap from the river to safety. A slight squeeze...

Saber Seven jerked into a dive without firing a shot. The Pilot had passed out, falling forwards and pushing the controls.

0v7RlQs.png

Leon had lost his footing. In an instant the Jedi was dragged unto the surface of the ice-cold water. The souls of the dead surrounded him, bringing him downstream with them. Leon fought to try and breach the surface, and managed to force his head above water. In the moment, he found himself in a decimated city.

Explosions rocked the area around him, throwing the man to his back. Leon struggled back to his feet, looking around. Figures ran around in the haze, blaster fire brought momentary flashes of color to the grey and brown ruins. A figure approached him in the smoke. There was the familiar snap-hiss of a lightsaber and the figure held a glowing crimson blade high and brought it down in a flash.

Leon’s scream was cut off as water covered his face once again. Though he didn’t know, his scream could be heard through the force by nearby Sith and Jedi. All the drowning Padawan could see was the bottomless river, and shapeless forms of the dead. He wildly kicked, trying to find the river’s bank. He breached again, taking a gasping breath. He could see the bank, both just out of reach and impossibly far away. On the shore, a figure stood. Clad in red armor, its face was obscured by a helmet. Leon recognized the armor, however. It had been the man he’d seen the last time he’d slipped into the river of spirits on Brentaal.

Again dragged under, the horrified Jedi kicked furiously for the river bank. There’d been a tree down stream, maybe he could drag himself out… But when he surfaced the tree was nowhere to be seen, and the river had widened just enough to make his effort in vain. A ship flew overhead; it wasn’t much larger than many heavy bombers, but it had a strange shape, almost like a dagger with a crescent guard. And again, the frigid water claimed him.

Last edited:

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground

ziost2-obj2-3.png

M U DㅤO NㅤY O U RㅤH A N D S
T E M P L EㅤE N G I N E E R I N GㅤC O R E
P R O S P E R I T Y

Lightsaber | Belmont's Resolve | JSTP Armour
Uproar Blaster | Pamarthen Honor Blade

A L L I E SㅤG Aㅤ/ㅤN I O
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Michael Sardun Michael Sardun

E N E M I E SㅤT S E
First Sister First Sister

9XjY1iq.png
T86e1fu.png

Even as the words escaped her, Kaska’s body threatened to fail her. Her posture teetering and dipping forward as a wave of exhaustion from having channeled so much energy while taking damage suddenly crashing down upon her. Her head bowing, eyes dropping clos----

G e tㅤu p .

Though unspoken, the words boomed loudly through the room. It wasn’t a question. It wasn’t even a demand. It was an order; one she had heard time and time again since that bloodsoaked day on Pamarthe over a decade ago. And one that echoed, and echoed, and echoed within her mind a countless times more in the present. Resounding through the miasmic haze of pain and betrayal that clouded her focus and cluttered her thoughts.

G E T .ㅤU P .

Her eyes snapped open; wild and alive with the sudden surge of energy that poured into her from afar. The Light within them, dimmed yet not extinguished, roaring back into an inferno as it was stoked by the embers of her estranged master’s connection. Spittle covered teeth bared, flashing in the gloom cast by the emergency lighting of the engine core, as liquid defiance cast itself through her veins unchecked like a wildfire. Sweeping aside the pain or simply burning its way through where it could not. A ravaged sound rumbling in the back of her throat as she forced herself back to a stable sense of footing.

Move.” While Kaska’s voice was a pale reflection of Sardun’s deafening and demanding timbre, in that moment at least, it seemed to carry the very same weight and gravitas. A tone that neither asked nor accepted any dissent from the padawan. Her grip on her saber tightened until her knuckles popped, gaze staring at and yet also through Dagon’s form. Ally before, now just an obstacle to be either pushed aside or put to the ground.

The Jedi took a step forward. Though the movement was stilted, the second step was not. The third coming with a more fluid and purposeful resolve that gradually built up as she made a steady advance. A battered, damaged figure in broken, smoldering armor whose body screamed with every step. And yet her presence within the Force rippled with a paradoxically trumultus, eerily calm sense of power that burned with the ferocity of those twice as bright. “N o w .

Like her Master, she wouldn’t ask a third time.

There was naught but ashes left behind, as the gargantuan warship vanished just the way it initially appeared. The shield still held, safeguarding what remained of the City’s populace and a significant portion of the Alliance’s soldiers. Had the Behemoth remained on station, it likely would’ve suffered from the combined efforts of the coming storm and the harassment by the Coalition’s forces. But, in turn, the shield would’ve collapsed beneath the firepower the Dreadnought could’ve brought to bear - levelling what remained of New Adasta and killing everyone. Yet, for reasons unknown, the warship broke off its attack. It was but a momentary reprieve, however, as the coming storm refocused itself on the City proper.
Tycho watched as the sweeping darkness threw itself against the bastion of light, probing the projected shield and seeking entry with every blackened lightning bolt. They couldn’t penetrate the barrier, but with every strike - the shield’s strength began to wane. It wouldn’t be long until the projected dome collapsed and the darkness would have free reign on those that were once within the shield’s protective embrace. But, so long as the Combat Engineers could keep the generator working - there would be little need to concern themselves over such physical manifestations of the Force.
To make matters worse, those that were caught outside of the shield were subjected to horrors that Tycho couldn’t fathom. Through dark, arcane magics, the lightning sought out those who stalked through the ruins. Their bodies were subjected to rippling manifestations that accelerated cellular growth, causing their flesh - armoured or not - to sprout fangs and talons, alongside a hardened reptilian carapace. The ritual cared not for the person’s allegiance, as it turned allies and enemies alike into monstrous beasts. Tycho even had the perverse pleasure of watching a small contingent of Sith-Imperial Citizen’s Militia turned into these reptilian monsters.
While it was horrifying to watch, the Major knew that it was a moment of ironic and poetic justice. These people had devoted their lives to a star-spanning Empire that cared so little for their well-being. And now? They were naught but sacrificial pawns put to the sword in the hopes of claiming some form of victory from these acts of desperation. In truth, Tycho almost found himself laughing at the entire scenario. The Galactic Alliance had little influence here, and yet they were being seen as the heroic defenders - rather than the devils from the Core Worlds. They didn’t slaughter the populace because it served their goals, but rather gave them shelter, safeguarded them from harm, and even placed their lives above their own.
The Alliance was proving itself to not be the monsters that the Sith Imperial propaganda proclaimed them to be. Not through words and counter-articles, but through their deeds alone. Why would these devils place their lives beneath those of whom they were said to kill without mercy? Weren’t devils supposed to be selfish in their desires, caring naught for anyone besides themselves? There were so many questions that would undoubtedly arise from this tumultuous engagement, and all Tycho could hope for - was that they’d spread like wildfire. Those questions could sow the seeds of doubt amongst those who remained within the Sith Empire, being the very catalyst that would eventually lead towards their final demise.
While others would undoubtedly take their place, as the survivors scampered off into the shadows, a statement would be made through the Sith Empire’s death. Hope never dies.
It was with such thoughts in mind, that Tycho joined his comrades on the firing line. What remained of the Seventh Mechanized found themselves in similar positions to their Commanding Officer, as a majority of the Infantry was housed within reinforced trenches. Spools of monofilament razorwire, spikes, and all sorts of nasty surprises were situated afore their positions - as they initially expected the Sith Empire to take the City by deploying troops to the surface. While that eventuality was waylaid by the appearance of the Star Dreadnought, all of their best-laid preparations would finally come into play. Especially since the Sith Empire deployed their troops and began conjuring monsters from the unwilling flesh of those outside the shield’s barrier.
Tycho rested the barrel of his rifle on the lip of the excavated trench and pressed the butt of the weapon against an armoured pauldron. There were a plethora of targets that staggered into his sights, but as they were beyond the boundaries of the shield - they weren’t considered an immediate threat. He, along with the rest of the soldiers that surrounded him, would hold their fire. There was little point in wasting their munitions when the monsters and their Sith-Imperial compatriots didn’t advance. If they remained outside the shield, then there was little need to gun them down, as the coming and conjured storm would do it for them. Thus, they elected to wait instead.
With their weapons tracking every target that was presented to them, the combined force of infantry and armoured vehicles stood impassively while the darkness gathered beyond the shield’s protective embrace. They knew that it was merely a matter of time now. It wouldn’t be long until the first of these creatures plodded forward and breached the sanctity of the projected barrier.
It was during that brief interlude that something troubling transpired. Somewhere far away, the Alliance Brass made the determination that Ziost, and by extension New Adasta, was all but a lost cause. It seemed that through a combination of data and a series of possible outcomes, Command wanted to cut and run. They wanted to ensure that there were no more casualties within their hierarchy, as their losses were considerably difficult to replace - especially this far into the Stygian Campaign. The opposition they faced and the gross overestimation of just how desperate the Sith Empire had become were factors that undoubtedly influenced their opinion, and subsequent order to evacuate from the planet.
When the nearby Comms Officer relayed the Order to the Major, Tycho was dumbfounded. Despite everything that the Sith were throwing at them, the Alliance was holding onto the City and safeguarding what remained of the populace. They could hold out for a lengthy period of time, especially with the coming New Imperial reinforcements and the seemingly sudden appearance of a Silver Jedi relief mission. If they held their ground, the Sith Imperial advance could be broken and the tide would dramatically turn in their favour. There was a chance that the day could be won - and to Tycho - that’s all that mattered.
If they abandoned their posts now, the Sith Empire would sweep over their defences uncontested. They would steal into the People’s Tower and the Starport proper, and likely butcher everyone that waited within. They’d cleanse the surface of those they believed were naught but traitors to the cause and undoubtedly begin to rebuild. Their innocent blood would be on his hands, and that thought didn’t sit well with the Major. In truth, the man was sickened by the notion of withdrawing just because their future was dark and grim. Those cowardly milksops, Tycho mused. The Seventh Mechanized wouldn’t withdraw from the battlefield. There was a reason their unofficial motto was ‘Until the End.’
If the job was abandoned halfway through, what conviction would the Alliance Marines have to believe in? They were here to see the mission through till the end; whatever the outcome.
The man took the proffered comms device and activated the holographic projector. Washed in the shimmering hues of sapphire, Tycho’s armoured figure was transported through the arcane and encrypted technologies linking together the collective visors of the Alliance marines and even appeared on the command table of the orbiting Alliance Brass.
:: This is Major Tycho Dune of the Alliance’s Seventh Mechanized Marine Regiment. We have received the Order to withdraw and will comply with our Forward Command’s decision. ::
There was a momentary pause in the transmission, as Tycho’s eyes were drawn towards several Marines nearby. Some of them had sighed, heavily, knowing that in complying with those orders - their sacrifices were in vain. Others had taken to punching the walls of their trenches, knowing that their friends and even families would be condemned to die here. There was no chance that their remains, or if the fates were kind, any survivors could be recovered whilst they retreated. That was something that didn’t sit easy with the collective remains of the Regiment, and Tycho couldn’t help but sympathize with their situation.
:: However, :: the Major continued. :: Our present orders still stand. We will leave when the job’s done and the day’s won. No soldier of the Seventh Regiment will leave their post. We will stand, fight, and should our time come - die - in the pursuit of victory. We will not let the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters go on in vain. We will not acquiesce to desperation and disorder because the Sith and their crumbling Empire have no honour. New Adasta and her future stand with us, and we will not see the hope for her future extinguished. ::
Tycho’s words came as a surprise, not only to the man himself but those that collectively stood around him. The Marines felt a measure of hope take root, emboldened by the beacon that emanated from the People’s Tower, and the banner that was raised in their midst. They stood taller knowing that they wouldn’t abandon their comrades, and unwillingly leave the disparate peoples of New Adasta to their grisly fate. With the Major’s words sinking in, the Seventh Mechanized gripped their weapons tighter - and waited for the inevitable. The Alderaanian found himself doing the same after the connection was severed and the holoprojector casually discarded.
There was nothing more to say to those that had long abandoned the battlefield and favoured leading their forces from the rear. They weren’t the ones that threw their lives into the line of fire and hoped for the best. Their decision to defy a direct order would likely come with a string of consequences, but truthfully - at that very moment - Tycho couldn’t care less. Death was all but inevitable at this moment. Between the bombardment, the conjured storm, and the abominations that now stalked towards him? The man doubted that he’d live to see the future and inevitable Court Martial.
Thus, the Major braced himself against the edge of the trench as the first of the towering creatures began to claw their way through the projected barrier.

ziost2-obj3-2.png

DULCET
ECLIPSE TEAM | 76TH PATHFINDER REGIMENT | GALACTIC ALLIANCE ARMED FORCES

PDLIF
LlDDs0A.png
As a way to zen out during exam season, Anaya used to watch film noirs. When tensions were high, there was nothing more remedial (that she could think of) than desaturating her entertainment. Reducing everything to black and white and grey.

In New Adasta, they were surrounded by grey. Falling duracrete, metal, ash, vehicles, bodies..all so discoloured. Their colour was robbed from death.

“Hey, doc!”

She wasn’t a doctor..not yet. She’d dropped out before she could get fully certified, joined the defense force to be with her sister because..family first. Still, the nickname was more affectionate than official and Anaya needed all the affection she could get right about now.

“I’m ––” smoke clogged her throat, the words dry and clawing at the roof of her mouth. Frenzied coughs erupted before she could give her location. “––Here, I’m st..I’m stuck!” She hadn’t tried to move, she hand’t realized she’d wanted to. The dust around them wasn’t even settling after the tremors and superheated bolts that seared from the sky. Slowly, she started to realize the 76th had been separated.

“Ah, it’s this damn pack. Can you wiggle out of it?”

“I––”
she wiggled in vain. “No, my arms are stuck.” The pack was looped across her torso, weighing her down between two recently created crags from the structure’s obliteration. In a flurry of movements (she closed her eyes), the ranger had snapped open their knife and cut her free, yanking her from the rubble.

“You good, doc?”

Her heart was pounding against her ribcage, like a thunderclap. Parts of her brain were buzzing unhelpfully, and she wasn’t sure if it was concussive or stress. Probably a bit of both, honestly.

“Yeah, I...I..where’s the major?” The brunette was still for a moment, aside from the robotic movements of checking her supplies and making sure she hadn’t lost anything vital.

“Where’s everyone else?”
The question was partly answered by her companion, partly by the innate tinge in her gut. It knotted. Something was wrong.

“We’ve got orders from High Command to retreat.”

“To ––”
her face paled. Her comms must have been crushed in the trauma –– she hadn’t heard any of that. “Are we..taking them? Did she say that’s what we’re doing?” It would be a beach day on Hoth before the elder twin took to running away from a fight.

“Lieutenant Stazi was supposed to lead us from the fight but––”

“And the major?”

"Curahee."
"Curahee!"
"Curahee,"

Somehow through the rubble they could hear the rest of the 76th’s battlecry.

“Oh no,” Ayana whimpered, taking the ranger’s hand who offered to help navigate them back to their lost group. It wasn’t until she started moving that she realized she had a limp.

Her next sentiment was bitter and regretful: “Well...at least if everyone’s together I can get a count of injuries.”

ALLIES | GA | NIO | NJO | Suri Vullen Suri Vullen | Sol Stazi Sol Stazi
ENEMIES | TSE | Sith Dominance

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy
Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl | closed​

XlL6lFK.png

Ziost Academy | The Aftermath.
Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl | closed

The Jedi had come with purging fire.

Why?

They spoke of hate. And murder. And evil. They accused her of these things as they-- . . .

She wondered if they ever bothered to look in the mirror.

She hated them.

A noise caught in her chest as she fell to her knees, the battle scarred remains of the Academy gates in pieces around her. Dust coated the crumbled space in a thick layer, turning the once vibrant place into a wash of melancholy gray. She swallowed against her dry tongue and took in a shaky breath. There were no sparks of life within the abandoned structure.

Jedi were heartless creatures.

Her fingers coiled into the debris around her. Her vision blurred. The space became assaulted with the sudden noises of a pained animal, rickashaying off the structure in a chilling echo.

It took her a moment to recognize the noise came from her. It took another breath for her to feel the dirt press against her face. Her grief overruled her, breaking her down and curling her up.

Why did she care?

What did she expect?

Twenty-four lives had been saved that day because of her treason, and it still didn't feel like enough.

She wasn't enough.

Repulsorengines roared as three Sith-Imperial TIEs flew overhead. Zaavik dove forward, landing shoulder first against a slanted bit of war-rubble, and ideally out of sensor view of the passing aircraft. His head followed their pass with a high arc, eyes settling on the horizon as they grew smaller against the sky. Zaavik remained behind cover until he could no longer hear the bellow of their engines.

Once he was certain they hadn't noticed him, he brought one hand up and vaulted over his cover. Boots crunched into the dirt and grime beneath, the toe of the left knocking against something hard. The sensation drew his gaze; a corpse of the GADF color. The face, or what was left of it, was beyond any attempt of identification. A quick tug snapped the tags from around his neck, which Zaavik quickly pocketed.

There was a ripple in the force, a phantasmal lead that'd he'd unwittingly facilitated. Yet again he found it tugging him along, even now in almost direct opposition to what he should have been doing. Here was Golden Starbird Recipient Zaavik Dagoth, War Hero of the Alliance, and Shadow of the New Jedi Council, blatantly defying orders. Few people familiar with him beyond name would be surprised, but it certainly wasn't a good look.

Not like that that had ever stopped him from doing anything.

The distinct sound of a footstep suddenly overtook every other sensation as a precognitive sense of danger washed over him. Emerald plasma ignited, elbow bent, and crimson clashed over his shoulder with defensive viridescence. He whirled, sending strikes forward as he advanced. An opening presented itself, and one upwards strike sundered both the assailant's hands at the wrists. The followthrough sent the greenish blade sinking into the cest, incinerating the heart with the contained heat of a sun.

As his eyes met his assailant's, he finally actually noticed the person before him, rather than the red, glowing danger. Zeltron, female, about his age. The look on her face was unbearable as she experienced her last agonizing moment of life. Zaavik avoided her gaze and brought his foot upwards as she fell to her knees. His boot pressed against her upper breast and collar bone, forcing the now limp cadaver from his blade and slumping onto the floor with an extension of his knee.

He looked down past the wisps of smoke that rose from the hole in her chest. Like him, so very young, but unlike him, so very dead. She'd thrown any immunity their shared youth might have offered when she assumed the intent to kill. The lifeless, pinkish irises stared at him, aimless and devoid of intent, yet still staring right at him. He averted his gaze sharply, squeezing his eyes closed with a closed-mouth grimace.

It took a moment for him to muster the strength to unfreeze himself, but he eventually managed to press on. It was far from the first life he'd taken, but as if adhering to some intangible, alien logic, it had managed to affect him. Perhaps the look on her face reminded him of the Senator. Maybe it was the turbulent ripple he followed leaking some kind of secondhand aguish into his shred of empathic capability. It was morbid in the context of only just taking a life, but he wondered if he was losing his grip.

This is a real bad time to get soft, he thought to himself. Any life lost was a tragedy, but it was the unfortunate reality of war that death is callous, sudden, and brushed aside unceremoniously. At least until the battle was over. Many cried in outrage at these realities, others sought to minimize their existence entirely. Few of them were had ever been present to witness them. Fewer of them were forced to be haunted by the fact that they were the last thing some people would ever see. Those who had to live with both, fewer than Hutt's teeth they were, yet still somehow naive.

Zaavik envied them, those whose spectacles would not allow them to stare into that abyss. It had gone beyond staring, or the staring back commonly associated with it. It was now a listless drifting in that abyss, indifference as a sail. A slow and insidious usurper was apathy. Altruism's throne in Zaavik's heart had never had a legitimate claim to oppose it until now. For as long as it could last, the only thing keeping the seats as they were was spurn and stubbornness.

A noise like something dying caught his attention as he had trekked deeper. The spectral sensation reverberated the sound in a sense beyond the real. He shifted course toward it, skulking through what remained of an atrium. The sound continued, sounding more human the closer he came. Emerging from behind a shred of metal and stone now unrecognizable, he was greeted to the sight of a familiar, red-headed figure curled into the dirt.

Zaavik stood a mere two meters away, devoid of any verbal sentiment. An empathetic grimace seized his features, but he didn't say anything. What was he supposed to say? He could easily cut her down now, taking advantage of her vulnerable state. Yet, he didn't, or more accurately couldn't. Not even apathy could drive him to snuff someone out in the literal fetal position. But, truthfully, it went beyond that in its own inexplicable way. Anti-climax to their menagerie of encounter aside, it just didn't feel right.

Even with all this consideration, he said nothing.

XlL6lFK.png

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

A familiar presence washed over her, their energy burning like an inferno inside the force. She sat up with a gasp, the eyes of Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl emerging from the wreckage that had undone her.

"What are you doing here?" She accused, her words harsh with sudden embarrassment.

She knew what her Master would have said if she had found her like this. Her peers. Her instructors-- The weakness was seeping out of her eyes and she couldn't stop it. At some point it had all just become too much.

Something in this place made the slivers of stress exploded into cracks. She could feel it-- The wild edges to her thoughts that she didn't care to reign in. Was that the darkness, or was it her? She didn't care anymore. She had had enough.

The distant sounds of the invasion echoed over to them, the ground vibrating under her hands. She hastily wiped the moisture from her face, smearing around the dirt and dust of a battle she hadn't even fought. She was painfully aware of the lit saber at his side, the vulnerability of the moment sending adrenaline pulsing through her. Sweat joined the snot on her upper lip.

"They got to you, didn't they." A set of blood shot eyes leveled on him, the sky blue swimming with betrayal. She forced in a breath, trying to relax her seizing diaphragm and maintain an ounce of dignity. She raised her chin.

"Well, go ahead then. Do it."

A good question. One Zaavik wouldn't be able to truthfully answer himself, even if he took the time to consider it. He stared blankly down at Aradia, dour and unblinking. The only sound apart from the distant fighting was the undulating hum of the emerald death he held in his left hand. Neck twisting one side to the other, he looked around with a sharp ejection of air from his nostrils.

Another group of aircraft soared overhead, kicking up dirt and dust with an accompanying gust of wind. Stray hairs that had escaped his tie and the unzipped brim of his jacket over the strike suit all fluttered in tow. Several steps closed to distance, deliberate pace conflicted between assault and concern. Plasmatic blade crackled against dust particles in the air.

The surging green at his side was now close enough to project its glow across the diminished Sith's face. If ever there was a time to strike, it would be now. A loud, sudden droning of the saber in motion reverberated through the space around them. A sudden fizzle and the sound went silent as the blade disappeared, leaving only empty, dusty air before an unactivated hilt.

A harsh click followed, the apparatus returned to his belt coupling. Before her eyes manifested a cortosine, aluminiferous hand, fingers outstretched in offer. "Get up," he said with sincere, yet somehow still begrudging empathy. The source of the mysterious despair he'd picked up on was now clear. Aradia's sullen display was far too similar to a reflection.

Sith or not, enough exposure had proven to him that she was human, all too human. In some respect, they all were. Few had chosen alternatives to malice when put before him. Time after time she had opted not to kill him, as he'd done for her. Zaavik had lost track of the score by this point. This was either breaking even or giving her a debt. Assuming they hadn't yet gotten past the murderous friction, that was.

"Come on, get up," he repeated.

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Aradia could feel the tension in the Force as he considered it. Killing her. The air felt electrified as her very life hung in the balance. She didn't care. For a moment, a painful spell, she was ready for death.

She wouldn't of resisted. The loss of all the wars had compounded on her thin shoulders. She no longer saw any light at the end of any tunnel. She only saw the struggle of her past and the hopelessness of this never ending war. She felt incapable. She was done.

The crackle of his saber bit through the moisture of the air. She squeezed her eyes closed, braced for the blow that never came.

"Get up."

Her eyes snapped open. She balked in confusion at the hand leveled before her. "What?"

"Come on, get up," he repeated.

It was not the response she expected from the Jedi that had been her most passionate adversary for the better part of a year. They maimed each other-- hated each other. One cease fire for the sake of survival changed nothing. And yet he had put his saber away. She hadn't even considered taking hers out.

Common sense screamed in the back of her mind, but in the forefront was this nameless ache that anchored her in place. She took the hand, her body coiled in anticipation as she rose to her feet.

"Don't look at me like that." Her words were tight, biting back the display of emotion he had stumbled into. She was too distraught to blush, but she did possess the sudden urge to knock him on his butt and make their embarrassment mutual. She had never shown him anything but anger before.

"This was another Academy."

Zaavik's hand clasped around hers as he pulled upwards. The size difference briefly accentuated as his metallic extremities enclosed hers almost entirely. As soon as she was on her feet, Zaavik wasted no time having his hand abscond back to his side. In and out, the hand made an odd phantom-gripping motion inflecting his uneasy feeling for physical contact. The gesture was what it was regardless, and he'd bottle any further articulation for the apprehensive sensation.

A vague gesture was mirrored with either hand, fingers stretching out pacifistically at his sides, palms flashing outward for a moment. Afterwards, they'd slither into either jacket pocked as his azure regard drifted to the floor. He'd scan over the surrounding area, in part due to paranoia, and otherwise out of a lack of verbal sentiment to offer. After a moment, his gaze would return, now devoid of the prying expression he'd accosted her with previously.

"Yeah, I gathered that much." He'd instinctively shield his mind as the image of the lifeless gaze of the opposing Zeltron manifested in his memory. Yet another group of TIE screamed overhead. Sith or Imperial? He didn't bother to look up to find out. Nor when a second pass came in the opposite direction, even lower this time. A third managed to pull his gaze toward the sky. "We should probably move," he suggested in a vacuous, aimless tone. He walked stiffly, moving to a covered area away from the atrium without giving time for protest or obliging acknowledgment.

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy
Aradia stared at the ghost of a boy in front of her, hardly recognizing him without the anger and vindication drawing lines across his face. His expression was smooth. Blank.

Unresponsive to the war zone around them.

Her own pain caught in her throat. Stood there, stunned as he turned to hurry them out. "...That's it?" She chased at his heel, debris kicking up. "That's all you're going to say? You figured? There are bodies in there, Zaavrik. Kids. Our age. And they sent you back to--"

Bombs landed close by, their earsplitting explosion masking her scream. The ground shook violently, bringing down a rain of dust. It brought her to her knees. She clamped down tight and cradled her head, her elbows digging painfully into her shins. Fear pulsed through her chest. The rapid sound of her heart blocked out all else.

She might just get her wish after all, came the bitter sentiment. They could die here and neither side would blink.

The sound was deafening, though the impact only manifested a flinch. Forearm rose to shield eyes from dust and debris as he squinted against the current. Stepping against it, he begrudgingly took Aradia by the arm and pulled her upward, moving them both deeper into cover as an unidentified ship burst into flames overhead and careened down somewhere beyond view.

As soon as a sufficient roof loomed overhead, he released her and spun around to face her. "This is why I said we should move," he quipped with dissatisfaction, face now peppered with war-dust. "-And no one sent me here. I should be elsewhere, but- You know what? It doesn't matter. But yes, that's it, I figured. We aren't kids Aradia, especially not when we take up arms. I'm not here for moral debates, I gave that up on Bastion."

He shook his head, an indecipherable expression on his dirt-mired face. "I was looking for you," he confessed plainly. He followed the trail most potent in the force, as he assumed was its will. Why else would it be so blatant on the air? "What happened to you?" he demanded. "You're usually so stubborn you'd suffocate if I told you to breathe, but you were just about to let me kill you back there. For what?" If every moment meant something, as he'd been taught, this one was a particularly agitating puzzle.

Was it empathy? A dogged search for meaning in this chaos? He intentionally ignored the harder questions.

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Emotion bit across her expression, a fierce scowl turning to a sudden tremble on a dime. She was losing it. Everything felt so far away and yet so loud. She wanted to scream. She wanted to burn things. She wanted to curl up and cry and never leave her bed again.

His question brought a laugh bubbling to her lips, half crazed and half tormented.

"Exactly. For. What?"

The words hung in the air, nonsensical. Her eyes bugged as if it was all obvious. It wasn't.

"I'm a traitor. You know that? I snuck some kids out of here before the jedi hit the gates--" A distant collusion echoed to them, joining the cacophony all around them. "And for what?" She gestured at the deadly destruction of the Academy around them.

"You're back! It doesn't matter what I do-- You're always back! You won't stop until every single one of us are dead. And for what? Those students at the academy didn't chose to fight. Not like you. You came to their home and their owners put weapons in their hands and turned them into flesh shields. And I-

"I can't stop it. No matter how much power I take in-- don't look at me with like that-- don't you think I fear the darkness too? But you won't stop,
you never stop!" She bellowed, fire jetting harmlessly out from her hands.

The corruption billowed off her, dominating the once complex harmony that had been her energy. Everything was off about her. The pure note of hope was gone --smothered-- as she poured out her heart to him for the first time.

"Make them stop." Tears carved clean paths down her cheeks. She stepped towards, imploring. Desperation gleamed in her still blue gaze.

"Please. Before there's nothing left."

A slight blench recoiled from the insistent, imploring tears. He grimaced, one eye squeezing shut as was his signature uncomfortable mannerism. "Don't do that," he protested weakly. It was definitely empathy, he could see it now. "I can't either," he conceded. "Either way you look at it, it's young people forced into war. It's not good, or right, it's war. It's reality. I can't declare the war to be over. I can't force the Empire to evacuate acolytes rather than arm them, nor can I tell the Alliance to call off the Stygian Campaign."

Zaavik took a disarming half-step backward. "We're cogs, Aradia. From my order's blood machine to yours, that's all we are. We have no say in any of this. It's an extension of a conflict as old as time itself, you know that. It's up there with the absolutes of the universe, like time or death." He sighed, shoulder sinking with exhale, leaving him looking a diminished shell of his usual headstrong carriage.

"I don't know what you want me to do," he protested softly. "You always decline my help, and now you're practically begging me? To do what? You're a traitor now, you say, and I can offer you the same thing I offered on Bastion in that case... -but I doubt that's your idea of help in this scenario." The corners of his mouth tightened into a flat purse as the outward edges of lips curled in.

"I'm just one person- Don't look at me like that."

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

"I'm not running away to be some jedi," she dismissed in distaste. She looked away and wrapped her arms around herself, the motion tight and desperate.

His reasoning brought her no comfort. Life brought her no pleasure. The reality they lived in was stark. Harsh. Bleak. It was no wonder Kaalia Pavanos had tried to remove her from the front lines when the first signs of strain had shown. Aradia should have listened to her. Her old master really had had her best interests at heart.

Unlike the Empire.

But she still needed the heartless system. The Empire gave her resources-- instructors-- bases to rest and reset. It took more from her than she could spare, but without it... she had nothing. She couldn't leave.

She wasn't half as free as she thought she was.

She turned back to him sharply, a guttural noise pulling from her chest.

"So we don't do it. We don't go out there. We don't fight. What's there left anyways? It's just dirt. Bombed dirt. Is that really worth dying for? For once, let's think for ourselves.

"Stay here with me."

Features flickered, widening with an affronted expression for a brief moment. "Yeah, I didn't think so." That much had been made clear on Bastion. A great Jedi once declared that 'No one's ever really gone.' There were people much more qualified to analyze the real meaning of that than he. Though, admittedly he sometimes wondered what it really meant. Did it apply to Sith as well? No one meant no one, didn't it? Then again, even those among the greatest Jedi could be wrong.

Comms chatter crackled to life to the piece in his ear. Several voices relayed information, spouted orders, rambled off codes in the Alliance's specific military vernacular. Only one stood out: 'Nox is MIA.' Hearing them acknowledge his callsign sent a chill down his spine. So they'd finally noticed his absence, as was the inevitable. Though, he doubted significant suspicions would arise, at least not yet. It was war, chaos on its purest form. But, should he stick around much longer, he'd have an abundant level of explaining to do.

A finger pressed the side of the earpiece, temporarily silencing the device. There was still time to figure this out. Enough to even, perhaps, convince her what the right path was. If she still had the capacity for this much grief, the light hadn't entirely flickered out just yet. It was massively hypocritical to give her a second, third, fourth, countless unnumbered chance when he'd neglected to give it to others. Bastra, Zoltan Street, among others. All snuffed after singular wrongdoing, singular slights.

His head recoiled at an angle, brow furrowing with the narrowing of both eyes. So that's what it was? He hadn't expected such a request, although truthfully he felt fewer reservations than he believed he probably should have. "What are you-?" Hemming and hawing ensued, the inquiry devolving into a silent glare, filled in equal parts with consideration and suspicion. His comm device began to sound off again, this time attempting to address him directly, but somehow he could hardly hear it.

"Fine."

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Her eyes widen slightly, betraying the shock she clamped down on. She hadn't expected him to agree. She expected resistance, scorn, or the end of the cease fire that apparently still held firm.

Even at war.

Despite the patterns of their past, his palms remained empty of weapons. Even more unsettling was his gaze. It was empty-- void of the hatred she knew all too well. She almost didn't know what to do without it. The damaged walls rattled with the sounds of another impact. She grimaced and shied back, her torso sliding down the wall and to the ground. The hall was poorly lit. The only light poured in from the shattered opening they had scooted through.

Another boom rattled the world; the disruption was normal now. She flinched all the same, her nerves clearly raw. All the while he... he stood there... numb and unaffected. A chill grew up her spine as she observed him.

She knew him as a boy full of fire-- spunk-- he blistered with emotions that bleed out of him like a raging river. They were his fuel, like they were hers. Now he was barely more than a husk. She had seen this phenomena before in others. Fallen others.

He wasn't calm, he was checked out.

"I get it, you know. What you're feeling. Or what you're not."
She looked away from him and tucked her knees up.

Zaavik's eyes narrowed indignantly. "What, is this a therapy session now?" A hypocritical rebuke coming from him. His habit of well-intentioned hypocrisy was well observed by this point, but now, rather than well-intentioned, it tasted more of defiant phlegmatics. After a few steps, arms crossed over his chest, he sat on the remains of what was once a wall, or some other architectural feature. Impossible to really tell at this point.

"I'm just tired," he said. As if all dissent to her gesture had suddenly deflated from him along with the sigh that had preceded it. "There's always fighting. I'm always fighting, you know?" Dual sapphires gazed vacantly down at his boots over the dirt. Memories of the last decade flashed, all drowned in scapes of war and strife. Always fighting, as a child, and now in the earliest years of manhood. All of them flooded the force-presence of his vicinity, murking the mental space.

Suddenly, his throat opened to emanate a strange noise. A strange laughter unfitting to the atmosphere. "No, no-" he rebuked with feigned amusement. "I see what this is," he added, waving his hand dismissively. "Don't do that," he accused. "Clever, I'll hand it to you, but you're not going to get anything out of me that way." Either hand gripped tight around his knees, leaning forward with pressure on his heels. "Don't try to play me like that."

Denial.

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Her face softened in confusion, her intentions quickly misconstrued to the very damn thing he had done to her. Typical. "What-... oh feck off. I couldn't care less what side of the force you use. It's all the same; we all use it the same."

Another vibration violently shook the ground under them, sending down a wave of dust from ceilings. Her expression tightened at the timely accusation of her point. Would this structure hold? Or should they take their chances back in the open air? She didn't have answers. She curled in tighter, trying to ignore the hole that throbbed subtly inside her chest.

Was that corruption? Or just pain? It was hard to tell them apart anymore. She looked up to the husk of a boy mirroring her stance.

"I don't want anything from you," Her expression closed off. The rare hand she had extended was pulled back just as fast. Always a bad idea.

"Go for all I care. I'm sure the endless fighting is doomed without you."

A rebuke spat from his lips in Zeltron, a hidden insult. "That's not what I meant- You- Whatever, forget it." Even in the vaguest kind of confiding, friction reared its ugly head. A smaller extension of the larger conflict, or the manifestation of deeper a contention?

"You asked me to stay!" he protested. Standing up, he loomed overhead, raising his voice further. "You dig around in my head, think you can tell me how I feel, then what? Just tell me to delta!?" As the ground shook again, he stood, feet planted, unwavering. "Don't give me that, you want nothing from me, you asked me. I'm trying to oblige, not play games. So, what?"

Unshielded minds left sensations and emotions thick on the air. Intentions, however, clouded. As was the nature of the dark side. "You want help with that gaping sensation in your chest? You just tryin' ta' bait me into striking you? Or you really want me to go like you didn't just cry for help? What?"

"What do you want?"

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

"I don't know!" She screamed, her tension exploding into a burst onto her feet. Her shoulders had grown tighter as he stood-- raising his voice and looming over her. It had transported her backwards. Suddenly she was small. Helpless. Chained down with no control over who she was.

Even as a slave she had felt trapped. Nothing had changed, yet everything about her was different. She shoved him back, buying herself space to breathe. If he was expecting an abrupt fight, he would be left cold. She took another step back, her fingers dragging frantically through her hair. Her energy was erratic, out of her own control.

"I don't know," she near sobbed, yanking on her roots in an attempt to ground herself. It didn't work. The ground rumbled. The corruption pulled insistantly at her core. The Jedi's eyes bore into her. Beyond them both was death. Mindless, heartless death.

She couldn't bare it. Who in their right mind could?

"You're the only one on this godforsaken world that wants me alive. I just thought we-" might understand each other. Her fingers went limp in her hair as she realized how foolish that sounded.

"Forget it." She moved to shove past him, her cheeks red with an emotion she couldn't place.

Embarrassment.

"You don't know!?" he shouted back, even after she'd devolved to diminished sobbing in reply. "I didn't have to pick your sorry ass up out of the dirt, you know? The least you could do is not be so damn difficult!" On the verge of a more potent conniption, he was beginning to question why he even bothered. Was there really any point in trying to help someone that appeared so unwilling? Had he the space for self-analysis, he might have realized he hadn't really been acting very different. It was always more convenient to ignore those realities.

The indignation over his visage swirled into a squinting focus, slightly slacked jawed in heed. The tail end of the sentiment didn't manifest on lips, though from the vague empathic tinge of intent, it was all at once deciphered nonetheless. "Hey-" he manufactured a time-buying response as he processed everything in his head. No longer shouting, intonations aimlessly hesitant. "I'm not trying-"

A half step back. Hems and haws gasped and sputtered in protest before she made impact. "Wait-" was all he managed to articulate before she shoved past. Spinning with the momentum, he quickly hissed in a sentiment of impatience in his own language. Reaching out, he snatched for her arm with both reproach and guidance. "Hey!" he cried. Once the followthrough had spun her around, both hands would retreat away, each in a pacifistic palm-showing gesture. A half step back accentuated his unthreatening stance.

The very brief staredown felt like an hour. "Look, I'm-" He made noise with his throat and tongue that inflected begrudgingness. "Sorry." The involuntary scratching to the back of his head betrayed the scowl locked intentionally on his face. "I understand," he affirmed in a muffled continuation. "But you need to use your words instead of getting all scrappy," he added suddenly, sharply, trying to maintain the ill-mannered blase facade.

Another lingering silence stagnated betwixt them. A nebulous gesture toward an unimportant direction, conflicted and unsure manifested before he crossed his arms. A defensive stance as if retracting the movements altogether. "I'm sorry," he muttered again, defeated.

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

"I tried using my words, you called it a therapy session," she snuffed back, indignant and strangely bruised about it all. Her chest heaved with heavy emotion, the moment feeling so out of control. How did they get here? Their dynamic was a like a pendulum, swinging erratically from one spectrum to another.

She wrapped her arms around herself, finally turning to face him in full. A lingering silence drifted between them. Her lips pulled into a purse as she studied his posture... his words... his very being seemed to be retracting again. Her own frustration snuffed out, something akin to guilt flickering through her.

"I'm sorry,"

"Yeah, me--"

The structure vibrated again, a tile from the ceiling dropping between them. Aradia jerked back with a gasp, the world around them whipping back to her attention. "Feth, they're going to flatten this place," she hissed, frustrated.

"Come one, there's durasteel rooms deeper in. We'll be safer there," She offered, gesturing deeper into the rumbled unknown.

One couldn't help but wonder why these durasteel shelters weren't crowded. Empty shells denied their usefulness by order of Sith Eternalism. Though, it wasn't as if there were many still living or planetside to make use of them anyway. The bland, featureless housing around them shook with every note in the bombardment meeting Ziost's surface.

It evoked anxiety for those beyond. If it was half as rough as it felt, there's no telling who was still kicking. Part of him wanted to turn, run into the rain of hell to do what he could. It would likely be his death, but the sense of duty still nagged the back of his mind nevertheless. Instead, he was stuck here in the bowels of a Sith Academy, in an empty durasteel box struggling to hold fast against the chaos above.

Empty, aside from her. Whether that was comforting or immensely disconcerting, he couldn't yet place. Somehow he figured the prospect of killing him wasn't entirely off the table for her. He was already here, risking neck and going pseudo-AWOL, and for what? To reaffirm that someone still had good in them just to inevitably fail on a solution again? To get to the bottom of what happened in an escape pod lost in space?

It was beyond frustrating, as internal uncertainties often were. Eternal recurrence had struck again, leaving the two of them more or less trapped in yet another non-ideal space. This time, it was arguably his fault, given that he shouldn't have even been here in the first place. Dust absconded from the walls with another tremor, forcing wisps of particles to dance around the stagnant shelter.

Knowing that he'd topple over eventually with Ziost's constant quaking, he shambled his way to a seat. Every moment anticipated accostation from the earpiece, but none came. How bad was it out there, really? The disturbance in the force that loss of life begets didn't feel any worse than usual, but surely that couldn't be right? Eyes drifted to the ceiling, wandering around like searching for something on the featureless steel.

The rumbling of tremors and long-muffled remnants of explosion soundwaves were but white noise for several minutes. "Bhesj! Are they trying to glass the place or what?" He made a face as a particularly jarring convulsion of the surface vibrated the chamber like a botched hyperspace emergence. Indistinct cursing in his alien tongue followed with a wince. It could have been worse, he could be topside right now. Instead, he'd defied instruction to follow the lead of that infatuating agitating thread. The phantasmal lead attached as a side effect of dual efforts for survival.

"So, uh-" A sudden boom and quaver forced him to pause, gritting his teeth with a hiss as he held on until it subsided, keeping words on the tip of his tongue. "I dunno, chit, are you good? You were-" he suddenly exclaimed a sound of displeasure. "Valle ke'dem, yeah, that's probably a stupid question, isn't it?" His head leaned down and turned into his fingers, floating above his elbow's perch on the armrest. Audible scratching of nails on scalp echoed curiously. "It's probably not as bad as you think it is, though. What you said earlier? About people wanting you alive? It's easy to feel that way, I know better than anyone probably, but it's never as bad as you think."

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Aradia's features contorted in dry bitterness. "Easy for you to say, your side is winning."

She avoided the question about her emotional state, heat hitting her cheeks. That wasn't meant for him to see. That wasn't meant for anyone to see-- it was a weakness. She could hear her Master's voice in her ear. Caring was only going to get in the way of her progress. She could see the countless ways it had weakened her over the battles. She felt the cracks it was driving into her mind. War was not a place for empathy. Her conscious was going to get her killed.

Jend-Ro Quill 's talisman had left its mark on the sithling. In more ways than she understood.

She slid into the metal bench across from him, a small ball of fire providing light and faint warmth as they waited out the bombing in the depths of the fallen Academy.

"The only way this ends is if one side is eradicated," she stated, letting the emotions bleed from her voice. She stared blankly at the flames, the colors dancing across her vision.

"Sure doesn't sound like it." As if on queue, another undulous rumble shook the shelter. His eyes turned upward just in time to follow a wisp of soil leaing from the ceiling and scattering onto the ground. "But I know what you meant," he continued. In the grand scheme of things, it had been hard to tell. The fact that they were right back to Ziost was contrary to her sentiment. "Maybe," he affirmed toward how easy it may have been to voice such assurances. It was true that from his position, that likely everything was easier, but that changed nothing. "It's still true, either way. Even if it really doesn't feel like it."

Am I really giving a Sith words of encouragement right now? Sapphire regard drifted from the fire, to his feet, to the aimless black around them. More than a little awkward, more than a little turbulent, and figuring out what to look at had somehow become a challenge in this atmosphere. In his drifting, a glimpse of her flame-illuminated features drew his own toward the fire at her lead. It was unsetting to look at, but somehow it held his attention with fluttering hypnotism.

"Yeah," he replied with soft vacancy. "Seems that way sometimes." A quick tug released the restraint on his hair. Violent strands fell loose as he let his head slump back and create and audible thud against the wall. "Annihilation sure is exhausting," he quipped with parched, wry humor. "Sometimes I just want to quit. It's like nothing I do makes a difference, for any cause."

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Aradia's chest grew tight as the Academy walls rumbled. "Tell me about it," she breathed. Thoughts swirled behind her eyes, full of that pain he had so rudely snooped in on. He would be able to feel the mulling. She could feel his own emptiness; it was all that more pronounced down in the depths of the bunk.

"Everything I did here-- the risks I took. The people I betrayed. I can't tell if getting those acolytes out had any positive affect. Most of them are probably back here now. They're probably dead. I can't help but to think maybe we could have done more if we had stayed."

Her thoughts flickered to the strange jedi that had led her out, and to the youngest, whom she had... she had let escape. It all had felt so large back then-- like she had moved mountains. But then world rattled around her and she remembered where she was.

"Probably not," she concluded, the feeble emotion draining back out into an empty tone.

One eye peeked out from the backward angle and veil of violet that hung over his face. The flickering glare of flame cast a warm sheen over it, accentuating the pointed gaze. It lingered, giving the impression that he was on the verge of saying something. However, as moments began to pass, each betrayed that notion. Finally, a slow, sluggish raise of his shoulders preceded an unceremonious droop. Who knows, or, oh well, it must have said.

Probably not, was what it had really meant. Lacksidasical agreement not begetting effort. Not as if outward affirmation was what she wanted to hear in that regard, anyway. At least not where futilities were concerned, regardless of how realistic it was. Even if one should be expected to be realistic about these things, at some point, input wasn't helping anymore.

The bombardment punched into Ziost again, forcing the chamber to murmur yet again. More dust and soil shook loose, falling in a grainy stream. It rolled off a phantasmal shield in front of Zaavik's face before scattering through the bench grating beneath him. Not wanting a surprise face full of grime, he sat back up. Gazes met, and Zaavik pursed his lips and made an uncomfortable, empathetic face. He turned a cheek to look at the hardly illuminated floor.

One would think being trapped in a confined space with someone for a second time would be easier than the first. It wasn't. Far less turbulent, but that tension was replaced with something gray, somber, nebulous. A sullen pair seeking solace in either the other, or resolution. How do you talk to a Sith? Do you pretend that either of you hasn't been inches away from putting the other in the ground in the past? Maybe it was hypocritical, seeing that directly or otherwise, Zaavik was responsible for as many bodies as a Coruscant cemetery.

Maybe thinking he was any better was just an illusion of righteousness.

The Aftermath
Ziost Academy

Aradia looked away in sync with him, her metal bench squeaking as she shifted uncomfortably.

Her thoughts drifted to the escape pod they had survived together. Everything about this moment was different, and yet everything felt distinctly similar. The darkness felt like a suffocating hug. The metal walls were the only thing between them and death. Circumstance had forced them to work together before. Now they were... what?

Sticking it to the man?

It felt strangely liberating. Even moreso, to watch him do the same. She was painfully aware of every mark they had left on each other. His back, her shoulder, his arm, her side. Through a long list of encounters, they had every reason to expect death by each others hands. Each moment was a tantalizing threat that she dived into.

In some ways, it was a game.

Who would prove the other right and pull the trigger first? Well it wouldn't be her. She picked at a scab at her wrist, dusts raining down over the unwavering flame.

"Who do you think will win this one?"

"Does it matter?" he shot back. A rhetorical, counter-inquiry bordering on reprimand. Shoulders slanted as he turned from the floor to acknowledge. "You're a traitor by your own admission, and knowing my luck I'm gonna be court-martialed the moment I'm off this rock." Better or worse, they'd both brought it on themselves, hadn't they? Decisions made in defiance of consequence. "So, the way I see it, we've both run out of stake in it." A sharp, vexed shrug punctuated his words.

Intensity suddenly faded from his face and released a pent-up breath laden with crestfallen acceptance. Conceding to her inquiry after having just attempted to dismiss it, he continued: "I guess my money's on whoever is trying to grind the planet to dust. It's either scorched earth or annihilation, and neither is exactly in the Alliance's MO, so that probably narrows it down." His eyebrows raised for emphasis, eyes retaining contact for longer than usual before wandering.

"I guess it could be worse," he mused. "You could be trying to kill me right now. The shelter could be collapsing. I could have been vaporized if I hadn't of pissed off to find you. Lucky day, huh?"

Aradia's features soured to his hostile tone, an eye roll following his pointed sass.

"You're welcome."

She didn't know why she had expected a normal conversation from him. They had rarely spent a moment not trying to harm one and other, and the one time he had tried to befriend her she had laid open back.

Good riddance too, she hoped it still hurt him.

She crossed her arms over her front and glowered at him. The tear paths had long since dried up, the pain that had undone her felt like a distant concern. There were more questions that needed answering, like what would happened next, but she wasn't in the mood for more of his sharpness. He reminded her so much of her peers, she wondered what was really different about jedi and sith after all.

The fire between them grew bigger, casting shadows from below as she left him with heavy silence.

Such a douche.

ziost2-obj2-3.png

TEMPLE ENGINEERING CORE, THE PROSPERITY
NEW JEDI ORDER
TO ENGAGE: First Sister First Sister
THE GREAT MISCONCEPTIONS OF ME

kwzlsmL.png

Dagon's lips curled up at the sight of the Sith standing back on their feet. He felt his grip over his hilt tighten despite the pain running all over his physique. Sardun's cleansing fire leaving behind a gaping hollow of a scar in his psyche. A rising inferno suddenly blazed from behind. Kaska and the presence of the Jedi Lord diverting his attention from the assassin ahead.

Move.” her command fell like a hammer on his ears. The padawan could feel her approaching him, one determined step at a time. “N o w .

Fear kicked in. Fear to tap into that same Force again lest he unleashed what had lied dormant before. He swallowed hard and licked his lips; the taste of iron dulled from the pain. Fear dragged his feet to the side for only a few inches before he abruptly stopped.

Dagon titled his head barely to the side. Kaska's figure closing in at the corners of his vision. Sweat trickled down from strands of his hair and blood streaming from his nose unto his lips. He nearly conceded. Nearly. Resolve, or rather foolish stubbornness prevailed. The same perseverance that drove him to never repeat another Korriban, to never not be side by side with his companions again even if it led him to an inevitable predicament.

"No." came the padawan's coarse reply.

There was no time for fear.

"Not alone." he steeled his voice. Unyielding. "...together." he reflected Kaska's earlier words back at her.

Dagon fully realized he was at the edge of his powers, nearly everything had been exerted fighting himself, but this was no longer just his fight. It was neither Kaska's, nor Sardun's.

It was the Light's.

The padawan's hand went up and shot a blinding flash of light at the Sith seeking to create an opportunity for the juggernaut beside him to attack.

ALLIES: GA | NIO | Kaska Arden Kaska Arden | Michael Sardun Michael Sardun
ENEMY: TSE

Like a reflection, Zaavik rolled his eyes as well. "Yeah, yeah-" he dismissed sulkily. Elbow on his knee, his chin dropped into palm, fingers clawed over the lower half of his face. The attitude was to be expected, he supposed. Even though she asked. Any scornful remarks were internalized into incorporeal echoes on his tongue, not allowed to articulate aloud

The earpiece suddenly crackled with static before coming to life.

GALACTIC ALLIANCE EVACUATION OF ZIOST IS ORDERED. FORCES ARE TO DISENGAGE THE ENEMY AND FALL BACK. ALL PERSONNEL ARE TO REPORT TO THE FOLLOWING COORDINATES FOR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PLANET.

Zaavik shot to his feet halfway through the message. Staring into nothing with an attentive look, it was clear he was listening to something that she couldn't hear. "You've gotta be kidding me-" he uttered to himself aloud, which almost certainly unintentional from the sound of it. He patted around his hips awkwardly as if checking for everything, lightsaber included, and started quickly toward the exit, flight response seizing the wheel.

Steps stifled less than a yard later as he ran up against several realizations like a brick wall. Jumping on an evac vessel would raise suspicions, as they had designated him MIA. A court-martial waiting to happen, possibly worse. He'd have to find his own way out. That and- Zaavik suddenly became hyperaware of his surroundings, along with the burning sensation Aradia's eyes left on the back of his head.

Slowly, his head turned to look at her from over his shoulder. Urgency and apologetic guilt singing tortured volumes from azure spheres. As hard as it was to acknowledge, he couldn't just leave her there in the dark without- offering something. Advice, an update, anything. She'd shown him the way down here, it'd be cruel not to return the favor in some way. Wouldn't it?

An exhale resonated as he turned, facing up to her. "They're calling an evac. Guess we got our answer." Good thing they hadn't made a bet. "-But, you should take this chance to get off-world- uh- somehow. We can't stay in here anymore regardless. This place is gonna be mineral paste in no time. Come on."

If she had objections, he wasn't sticking around to heed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom