Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Distribution Of Power - (The Family)

Either Jay was psychic, or Raven stood out more than she realized, being the most aloof person in the room. Despite rarely wearing the same outfit twice, the Enforcer's eye had gotten sharp at picking her apart from the rest. She didn't know whether to feel flattered or concerned by that. Either way was an uncomfortable feeling. Still, it felt good to be acknowledged. She returned a small nod in Jay's direction.

As the Donna's exhaustingly long speech went on, Raven's eyes stretched wide with alarm; thankfully, behind her mask. Which didn't have a drinking apparatus anyway, and she wasn't about to reveal her face to do so. Not that the servant droid knew the wiser, offering her a glass for the toast. Refusal would only attract scrutiny, she feared; hesitating a moment. Reluctantly, she took the glass and swirled the contents stiffly, shrinking further against the wall... And while others drank, discreetly tossed the liquid into a potted plant, praying no one saw.

After hailing a server droid to take away her empty glass, she sidled up to Jay. Hiding behind the congregation, no one would really notice her hands stuffed inside her pockets while others clapped.

"I need a mindwipe," she muttered tiredly. While the surface of her comment might be interpreted as deadpan humor, her underlying tone carried the weight of genuine seriousness, sprung from a well of fear and self-doubt.

If only the doors weren't barred, she would've run sooner. This was all becoming too much, too soon... too deep.

Inventory
HoloStation Switch · clearance pass

Outfit
hooded trench coat · black gloves · mask (w/o 'ears') · modulated voice
8iNmKtr.jpg

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Skorvek Skorvek Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek Arturo Arturo Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha John Young John Young

Holo-Disguise: Humanoid Waiting-Servant Droid

Nyx found the threat of being turned into a lightswitch... insufficient. On the other hand, the green Twi'lek wasn't aware of Nyx's true appearance or capabilities. Even after her loss of programming, she had been an excellent accountant for an illicit organization -- similar to The Family, but much smaller. Her supercomputing power should at least be properly utilized if she were captured.

Without further exchange, the serving droid turned away and began to enter the crowd once more. Just about when Ivory began to speak.

Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor would be pleasant company here. Provided Nyx could somehow alert him to her presence. Would he make a fuss of it? It had been a time since they last conversed. Even so the man should know she could be trusted -- to a degree. As well anyone could trust another that was not a constant companion. Well, her occupation at the time had warranted wandering.

As Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud spoke, however, it became clear this was a rather... elaborate speech. It would be difficult to discretely get Aurelius' attention as he would likely be listening -- or feigning listening -- to the woman that led those assembled. Nyx, on the other hand, could do both simultaneously. One of the failures of organic design. Not that an electronic intelligence like herself held it against them. Unless it jeopardized a mission. In any event, what Ivory had to say was quite enlightening.

The serving droid paused to look back at the speaker as she seemed to make a point concerning loyalty and anonymity. Ambitious, but arguably not terrible plausible. The masses might remain oblivious, but then they were often ignorant of a great many, important things in the galaxy. Some would inevitably catch wind. Perhaps not in a matter of days, weeks, or months... but someday they'd have some grizzled, unflappable detective -- or worse, Jedi -- trying to find clues as to the existence of 'The Family.' Well, she was a humble serving droid this evening, so she'd keep her thoughts on this subject to herself.

Still, not a bad idea to instill discretion into the hearts and minds of her subordinates.

Speaking of which, Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha seemed to demand a drink at the pivotal moment of Ivory's celebration. Her ocular sensors analyzed the drink in the man's glass before Nyx began to refill it with the proper beverage from the selection of bottles in hand. An effort soon halted just in time for Kardek to feign excitement at the next stage in the play.

Two new faces were introduced, of which one -- Arturo Arturo -- seemed what organics called a 'playboy.' Fortunately her disguise as a simple serving droid kept the man's attention elsewhere. Otherwise, Nyx would wonder if he'd have made straight for her being a unique 'feminine' construction. Metal, yes, but feminine in shape which would at least be a moment's curiosity.

More importantly, these men entered with another droid -- Envy. One that seemed inclined toward... administrative management rather than battlefield suppression as Alpha might. Nyx continued on her way with the beverages as Envy seemed to be surveilling the mechanical 'help' present.

Sentient Lifeforms Detected: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Skorvek Skorvek | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar | Niki Priddy Niki Priddy | @Diocletian Kahmen''a | Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Arturo Arturo | Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel |@Kardek Alpha | John Young John Young | R RAV

Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division
Nfg578H.png

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Skorvek Skorvek | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor | Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek | Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha | Arturo Arturo | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a | Niki Priddy Niki Priddy |
Who's Ready For Tomorrow - Rat Boy

e7obMYl.png

As the blue concoction was made Dedata returned to her seat besides Ivory with drink in hand. Though she did not sit down as the sound of three claps drowned out conversation and brought everything to a silent stop. Her hand reached up to the chin on the helmet pressing on the red panel before pulling down a straw that was built into it. As Ivory began to speak Dedata slowly sipped her drink letting the flavors roll around savoring the sweet notes.

She turned her head to look at Kilo and Tera, for siblings the two where polar opposites, where Kilo was paying attention Tera was clearly daydreaming while watching the people in the room passively. Perhaps it was because she knew that her brother would repeat everything summarized later. They were certainly interesting and care free duo that was appreciative of the opportunities available to them in the Family. One reason or another people joined the family with a goal. For Dedata's bodyguards that was the access to discounted cybernetics.

One by one the Donna spoke about the three caporegime introducing them and their responsibilities in the position. As it got to herself she could not help but smile from the praise and offer a small wave of her hand to those in front of her then politely took her seat and placed the glass down with a small tap. A hand reached into the large bag that hung on the side of her thigh pulling out the datapad ready incase she was called to say anything. She was not a social butterfly and was not sure to expect as Ivory continued her speech.
7rqb4Uj.png

9ga96je.png

thoughts | speech

Saraiya had sat there at the bar, idly sipping her drink and smoking her cigarra, watching and listening. She was paying close attention to every last one of the people within this room, from this 'Donna' who, as she thought correctly, was the H.B.I.C. of this little group to the wacky so-called server droid. Server droid my lilly-white arse she thought to herself. No server droid I've ever seen looks like that. And in this kind of company? Who the feth does it think it's fooling anyhow? Looking over toward the rest, she almost had to stifle a laugh, a snarky grin playing at the corner of her blush-pink painted lips as the one called Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha seemed to get into it with the rather perky and entirely too happy Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus .

Ok, that's just funny. Poor S.O.B. doesn't have much of a clue, does he? Soft on the eyes though, gotta give him that. Taking another drag off the cigarra, she exhaled the smoke as she tapped the ash at the end into the ornate obsidian ashtray near her on the bar-top. As she looked back to this gaggle of so-called gangsters, she was just in time to watch the Ubese hurl a bowl of pretzels at one of the staff, and she was trying so, so hard not to laugh. Almost hurt as the air tried desperately to escape her nostrils. Holy kark, this just keeps getting better. Drinks AND a Show? she looked around the room a moment. What the feth is this? Am I on Courscant's Funniest Home Holos or some chit?

She got her wits about her once more, looking over to Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek when Ivory decided it was time to address those gathered. And as she did, Sara did have one fleeting thought. That bartender sure likes to talk alot...bet ya that's just a cover story for something. Secret agent type? Maybe, but he looks too disillusioned for that. Reminds me of the Bounty Hunters down in the 1313. Who knows. More to the point, who cares? Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud kept talking more upon the breakdown of just how her little operation worked. Ok, so, three of them right under her? Ok, makes sense, I knew the Jolly Green Giant would be something like that...she's scary as feth, anyhow. Make a note, Sarai...never call her that out loud. Ever. Unless of course you develop a sudden urge to cease living. It was then that her steel-blue eyes went wide. THAT is Marcella Fiora? Ho-lee Chit. Ok, this isn't some bait and switch, that's for sure. Still, something feels off here. And the one who doesn't talk. What's up with the ears on the helmet? Maybe she's deaf and she's overcompensating? Who the hell knows...this room is like a who's who of 'What in the kark am I doing here?'

She suddenly felt cold. Not like, an actual, physical cold, but a chill that ran up her spine and settled at the very back of her head. Ivory was not playing around. She was young, but she wasn't stupid. She knew that she was here for a reason, but she had yet to hear anything pertaining to herself. What, exactly, does any of this have to do with me, specifically? I mean, Ragos, sure, the devil horned man in the white suit, I get it. But me? I'm just a street pharmacist who fixes swoopbikes. What in the feth do these people want with me? It was then that Arturo and Niko were introduced. Arturo made her think of one single word; Sleezebag. He must be a lawyer. Only lawyers are that...yeah...

Polishing off her drink, she set the glass down once more, and looked over at Samuel Exel Samuel Exel . "
Hey, barkeep. Another, please and thankyou." she said, smiling sweetly as she slid a fair few creds next to the empty glass. When I get out of here, I'm either going to kick Ragos' skinny backside from one end of the Mynock to the other when we get back, or I'm going to get lit off my tit. Or both. Both is good...

"But we can figure that out later, I reckon. Cheers, kid." The Devaronian said with a wink, clinking his glass against Ragos's cup.”

Anytime motha sucka Ragos thought watching the Devaronian walk off. holding down the urge to have that time be right now. If Ragos needed any help in being dissuaded from starting some chit, it was provided to him in the form of the massive twi’lek mandalorian who’s whispered warning was effective but not nearly as much as the heat he could feel through his suit coming from the twi’lek’s hand.

Udesiir. Relax.

This chit was just too much man. He had to get the kark out of here and he had to do it like now. Pretty woman stood up and started talking. Chit this was a good time to try and skip out while they all had eyes in the opposite direction, listening to this lady give her corporate spiel or whatever. How he got dragged into this he has no clue, what it had to do with the devaronian or that schutta with a knife, he was sure he didn’t want to know.

He took a half step toward the door to tell the guards he was in the wrong place when they swung open and in swaggered some guy and his droi, preventing Ragos from making his escape. Before he had a chance to make a new plan on how to get himself out, fancy man and his date, a silver-haired beauty, took the devil’s place at the bar. They ignored him, thankfully more interested in each other than whatever he had going on.

"My people? How high are you, Ragos!? Feth's sake..." Sara whispered back.

“Not high enough for this chit.” He told her.

Not high enough at all He thought as he watched a serving man get assaulted over pretzels. What the kark kind of business is this?

Everyone seemed to be deep in conversation with someone or an other. Perfect chance to get the feth out this trick or it had been until pretty woman from the stage went out of her way to mention the bar and thank the bartender, now at least a few eyes had to be turned toward it and Ragos.

More corporate talk. That was good, maybe dull enough senses he could just go. He didn’t know what a cap-er-gomie was but he assumed it was some ten thousand credit word for something that could be said simpler. Rich folk loved to fancy up their talk to remind the small folk to remain small.

Her speech continued and Ragos found himself curious at the mention of wanton violence and slavery. Something about punishment and betrayal was also interesting but the mention of credits got him to rethink his exit plan. Good thing too because had he made it to the door he would’ve just run into Arturo the…counselgary or whatever his title was…

Feth me.

There was no applause from Ragos.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Skorvek Skorvek R RAV

Jay smiled a bit, applauding along with Ivory a bit at the speech. Sure, it was a bit flowery for him, but.... It was pretty good none the less. He was curios as to what this surprise was, but right now he'd turn to Raven, hearing her comment and sighing a bit. To say he didn't have the same thought about this wouldn't exactly be the truth, but a mindwipe was pretty serious. He'd shake his head, looking over.

"I mean I'm not a fan of the speech either, but a mindwipe? Look, just calm down a bit. Think about everything, cause wanting your memories gone doesn't really help anything." His mind was just screaming "hypocrite" as he said this, but he could have decent advice that he didn't exactly listen to himself dang it!

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Skorvek Skorvek Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree R RAV Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

"You put my name in the bucket?" She growled. Her head turned slightly, casting a side-eye at Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred .

Don't play stupid with me.

Clearly her feathers were ruffled, demanding answers. Being locked up in a room full of people and now secrets expected of her to keep, that she never asked for, didn't help lighten her tone in what would've been a friendly tease towards the Enforcer she had worked so frequently alongside with.

Jay, was the only one she could think of who could possibly recommend her to such a high and mighty meeting as this. Surely the Donna couldn't be so blind to breeches in secrecy by allowing a mere Associate, not even a Trusted one at that, to listen in on what Raven only saw as future blackmail over her head.

Ignorance was bliss. And now her day was ruined.

GrNqGYI.png

THE OLE RAZZLE DAZZLE

Weapon: "The Klaive" - PDW
Equipment: PCA/EA, Priddy Plates, x2 Hutt Cartel Kidnap Jabber Rings-One on either hand, Force Warning Necklace Pendant, Paralyzing Lipstick, Coal Painted Stilleto Nails, ENVC-370 Bodyglove, Absorbelt, Tinfoil Hat Band, , Earsculpt Comlink, Coal Heartbeat Heels, HH-Eclipse Earrings, HH Iris, Silver-pink Hair Dye
Augmentation: PGEM-SAP "Amber Eyes"
Ship: The Tourist

The rebuttal to her comment about Dominik made her smile like the lolth-cat with the canary.

"And sometimes the bad people are nothing more than those who've lost innocence fighting bad people. Semantics aside, it is a pleasure to hear you speak of one another in high praise." Words followed with the slight bow of her head as she sipped once more.

The mention of her discerning eye had the smile growing wider.

"Ah. Think nothing of my abilities. I make things for a living. I know what to look for. Starships to attire, I've made something in between at some point for someone." Niki admitted with a small tilt of her head.

The glass paused for a split second at her lips as she side eyed Dominik before continuing on her talk. Seemed her was enjoying her talk with the knowing bartender.

"A suggestion for hiding details, one professional to another. Decorations can be your friend when trying to hide pockets and liners. Embellish a bit, simple lines to draw the eye. The lady might enjoy that as well." She offered with a final sip of her drink.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
9ga96je.png

Niko D'Aquila, dressed in his clean, pressed white suit, joined the Bosses of the Syndicate upon the Dais, taking a spot beside The Donna. The contrast between her, dressed all in black, and he, dressed in white, would only serve to highlight the differences between both sides of The Family's organizational hierarchy; The Syndicate, firmly entrenched in the shadows, and Moonveil - their Corporate backers - basking in the public light. The two counterparts shared a quiet word before the Pantoran turned to address the crowd:

"Ladies & gentlemen, I'd like to welcome you all again to The Spire - Moonveil's Coruscant headquarters, and the nerve center for our operations across the Galaxy. I'm sure many of you are curious what role my Corporation plays in your daily affairs..." He glanced around the room, projecting his voice so that everyone could hear him. He, like Ivory, seemed entirely comfortable being the center of attention. "As some of you might be aware, Moonveil was recently accepted into the ranks of The Direx Board on Denon; a conglomerate of the most powerful Companies across the Galaxy. This tremendous honor has granted us considerable freedom to move about the Galaxy, as well as opportunities to further expand not only our own interests, but that of The Family. As part of our business arrangement with The Syndicate, I'd like to extend an open invitation to everyone... if you're looking for legitimate employment, Moonveil is happy to offer a position to anyone seeking greater opportunities."

He glanced at Ivory, who nodded. He turned back & continued:

"If anyone is interested, Ms. Stroud, Ms. Fiora, or myself are happy to discuss potential options. Thank you all, again."

Moonveil's Chief Executive Officer stepped aside and joined the ranks of the Caporegime behind The Donna - who would then turn toward the handsome, grinning Chief Legal Counsel - indicating he was free to say a few words if he liked. She suspected he would.

Arturo Arturo

HlLr6G6.png

With introductions completed, Ivory turned back to the crowd.

"Recently," she stated, "My Caporegime & I discussed some changes to the structure of our little family. This is the main reason we've called you all here; to inform you of some changes we'll be making in how we conduct business moving forward. We are, as I'm sure you're all aware, growing exponentially - recruitment has expanded onto both Denon & Chandrila, and our operations on Epica - while slow - are progressing. In order to facilitate clearer lines of communication and better operational security, we'll be instituting a number of changes to how Associates interact with our Organization."

"The rank of Enforcer shall be shifting into a position of personal service to the Bosses; acting as personal bodyguards to their individual Caporegime. This position will be one of great responsibility; as-such, it will only be available to those who've chosen to take an oath of commitment."

"Made Sentients - meaning, those of you who've chosen to take the oath - will individually be given the opportunity to select which Caporegime you believe best fits your skills. You will follow their directions, assist them in their daily operations, and in-doing-so, support The Family."

"Secondly, those of you who have chosen not to undertake the Oath will be considered Trusted Associates; this, in & of itself, will provide some benefits; you will not be subject to our Rules, and will maintain freedom to come & go as you please - provided you continue to prove yourself worthy of trust. Those of you who've yet to take the oath will be given an opportunity to move from Associates into full membership at the conclusion of this meeting."

"Are there any questions?"

9q2Hq0b.png

Moonveil's Chief Executive Officer stepped aside and joined the ranks of the Caporegime behind The Donna - who would then turn toward the handsome, grinning Chief Legal Counsel - indicating he was free to say a few words if he liked. She suspected he would.

Arturo looked for Ivory's consent, then turned his pearly smile to the whole crowd, making eye contact with everyone he could. A few masks were seen hiding faces, but he knew who they all were but sight. "Yes, hello everyone~!" He said in a bright, excited tone. "You don't know me but I know you. I'm your new legal counsel. And consider Envy here," He turned and gestured to the literally steely-eyed droid beside him, "a formidable personal bodyguard when we work together."

"I prioritize Arturo's safety above your own." Envy stated plainly, making it clear. "If it comes between you and Arturo, I will let you die and save him." Arturo's smile widened a bit more. He didn't introduce Envy to make others feel safe within her presence. Most everyone here were deadly killers and fighters. He was introducing her, and letting her reaffirm her stance, to keep himself safe. It was laying the cards on the table that while he was legal counsel, to not get aggressive with him.

"However," Arturo added, "If under orders and if we fight for the same team, she'll fight alongside you. Trust me, she can. I saw her pop a Rodian's head like a grape and break through a-" Envy made a sound close to clearing her throat. She didn't have a throat to clear. "Right. As I was saying before, I'm your new legal counsel. I work directly with good ol' Nick and Ivory here along with the aforementioned women who are your bosses. If you need my services, either because you need a mess cleaned up or, heaven forbid you get caught, give me a call. But as we are a Family, I can also represent you in cases unrelated to Mooveil and its pie-stained fingers. If you need me for anything domestic, large or small, private, I'm there. I can also give advice. And if someone needs their nose pushed in, Envy is more than glad to do so."

He gave another glance at everyone, making eye contact once more before turning to The Donna, making a small bow of his head and stepping back for her.
With introductions completed, Ivory turned back to the crowd.

“I think…that a good man, is not always determined by the groups he interacts with. Sometimes, it is not always a choice for them. Other times, it is, but they believe they are doing the right thing. Or perhaps they feel a bit lost. I cannot say for certain.”

“...But, if you’re asking my opinion,” After another short intermission in his words, “I think it depends more on the deeds you conduct, and the content of your character. Everyone has a past, and though they may not always be pretty, it is decided by the individual what they will do next. So, that question, too, will ultimately depend on whether you believe you should be apart of it, or not.”
"And sometimes the bad people are nothing more than those who've lost innocence fighting bad people."

He listened to the bartender, knowing that he was part of the Family. But he was also a decent guy. No one else had thanked or mentioned what he had done for the family amidst the genocide. Only him. And he spoke generally, leaving it open for Dominik to decide. He wasn't pushing one way or the other, wasn't leaving incentives or presenting a punishment for either. He spoke more like how Dominik thought, about character and deeds and what he wanted to be and do. Niki joined in.

Dominik surely felt a little lost. Nowhere to go and no one to turn to but everyone here. They had all left him behind, stabbed him in the back, or faded into the vast galaxy. Being part of a mafia was never in his mind through the years, but he hadn't exactly been a law-abiding citizen before. He had always been in the shadows. And he didn't like the drugs and what it did to people, but... people were idiots. They'd get it whether The Family provided it or someone else. The galaxy was big and filled with criminals. The Family... didn't seem like a bad bunch. He'd prefer them over some pirates or a Hutt Clan for sure.

"I just... I don't know if I am a..." He didn't say more. What was he doing, getting sappy at a place and time like this? Niki and Sam would probably be able to finish his sentence anyway. Then The Donna spoke. Nico and Arturo entered the room and began speaking. Dominik turned and listened. He saw Arturo give Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus and the pink-haired girl( Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar ) winks, then look at Niki Priddy Niki Priddy . Dominik stared at him hard, lips tight. It wasn't like he and Niki were a thing yet(he was already using the word yet), but this Arturo was handsome and charming. And a threat. So he let him know in the basic language of males to back off. Arturo seemed like a jackass right from the start, but he actually did back down, not giving Niki any wink, just his smile. That showed something of his character, some amount of knowing his capabilities and others, and what kind of room he was in.

Ivory then detailed how the restructuring was going to happen. He was currently an Enforcer, but that seemed to be moved to above the level of Made, leaving him once again a Trusted Associate. He figured the same went for many of those around him. So below becoming Made would only be those of the Family, Trusted Associates, and those outside the Family but known to them, Associates.

Also, everyone was being sifted into three main camps under the whole umbrella that was The Family. Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora 's, Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree 's, and Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae 's. And Made's got to choose who they worked for? That was interesting but made it into a popularity contest.

Marcella seemed the most popular, her field being information and politics. Spy work, along with many less-violent jobs, like Moonveil and company management. Dedata seemed the least known, hidden behind her helmet. He knew she was a splicer, and her department was going to be hardware and software, he assumed. Splicing, technology, and perhaps vehicle work. Then Stardust. She was a fighter and a warrior, her people would be those going into battle, to wreak havoc and burn the enemy to cinders and blow up buildings. He assumed there would be some cross-departmental cooperation, but three main branches of the Family Tree, so to speak. Choosing one wouldn't mean you were secluded from the others, just mostly dealing with one. So where would people go? And how many would go for Made after the meeting?

Would he?

Objective: Attend meeting
Tags: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Skorvek Skorvek Arturo Arturo Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

ivana-baquero-feedback-photocall-in-madrid-02-27-2019-1-removebg-preview.png
This was all quite fascinating stuff, and Mairéad listened intently making mental notes, something in the business minded part of her brain was lapping this up. So as a made woman she got to pick her direct employer, anyone watching would see her eyebrow raise as she considered this. In her mind her employer had already chosen her, but she was more than happy with that. Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae had made her first introductions to the family, but once both her specific talents, and personal connection to Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora had become appearent, she had migrated into Marcella's crew.

She looked at some of the others, ticking off in her heads what categories she would put them in. She pulled her glass to her lips to hide a smirk as she considered the box she might put her potential rival Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha into.

Arturo Arturo spoke next, lawyer of sorts. She assumed that he might have been the unnamed Family lawyer who signed off on her business contracts when she opened Reveries. The introduction from his bodyguard droid made her smile, honest and direct to the point, glancing at Alpha, she expected he would guard his own companion with a similar dedication and defensive bias. Today was a good day, she felt like things were being moved around her but she was in the calm eye of the storm, but something in the air made her nervous and she couldn't put her finger on it. Maybe it was the new faces, maybe it was how official it all seemed, maybe it was the handsome rogue say next to her eyeing up the same things she wanted for herself.

Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division
Nfg578H.png

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Skorvek Skorvek | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor | Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek | Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha | Arturo Arturo | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a | Niki Priddy Niki Priddy |

e7obMYl.png
Dedata looked up from her work on the datapad to the people around the room just as Ivory had told the everyone that made's would be working along side a Caporegime. She had worked hard on figuring out the structure and how each cog could better a Network Dedata built with her own hands which in turn would push the Family to further heights. The woman reached forwards picking up the holo-projector she had placed on the table earlier. Standing up she gestured to Kilo and Tara to stick close as the trio moved closer to the crowd who's attention was still moving around those who was speaking.

The woman began typing out the message she really wanted to say. She was no good at introductions, but given that those in the family had options, had choices this was the best time to answer questions and allow for everyone the information to come to a decision. The woman began to type with a furious speed and any who noticed might be impressed by her ability to achieve an above two fifty wpm. "Dee, I will need you to read this out for me."

"Very well Dedata." The VI spoke into the woman ear.

As Dee waited for the input of what to say, Dedata took control of the speaker behind her so that the VI's voice could be projected to those in the room. So far this was the an action that would make her stand out more than any other time.

"Hello I am Dee, Dedatas personal VI, Dedata has requested I read this important message out to everyone.

Very few people here know me, fewer can claim to really know me. So some of you may wonder how a quiet introvert managed to climb to the position I am, and that is easy, hard work, loyalty dedication with a sprinkle of using your initiative. Given a few of you are now thinking is made for me? Then this next part is for those who wish to step up.

I am Dedata an Information Broker by trade and much of the information I gathered this past while has mostly been to benefit just the family. The basic structure of my branch is set up to ensure support is there for all of us. My branch is split into four paths for made.

The first is slicers, weather in field or at an undisclosed location these people in a supporting role can make a large difference, to most situations. They provide information, can create distractions with lower risk than other methods and even do much more a more experienced slicer can even do things one would not think possible.

Next is our Drivers and Pilots. This branch will work closely with all other area's. To those who prefer to driving I offer that environment and the opportunity to modify the vehicle you have access too. After all to do your job you will need to know how your machine works, how to fix it and make sure that everyone or thing you drive or fly for remains safe. You will be an important part of logistics. I will also "personally" fund any projects that you desire to work on if it is something that will give the family a massive advantage to our competition.

These two paths lead towards the role of my Capodecima.

The next two paths are Strike Team infiltrators who will be my field people. Sometimes in order to get what we want hands have to get dirty. Not everything is easily gained, as such Infiltrators will be in the art of sabotage, espionage, and the odd removing hurdles. This path will be flexible aiding Stardust and Marcella perform their tasks.

finally the Strike Team Engineers. You are essentially the brains of a situation that requires solutions. Not every situation is done with brute strength or luck. There will be times we need to build bridges, bunker down or repair captured sites and much more. You will be pushed to have a broad set of skills to deal with a situation even combat. Our engineers will not just be focused with combat situations as we grow, the Family perhaps will need specialized items or even buildings.

These two paths will have the chance to become enforcers and a lucky person who outshines the rest will be given the chance to be a personal Enforcer.

If you have any questions please ask them.
4TsQGPK.gif
"

The words projected high for all to read along as the VI spoke for the woman. In that moment she felt drained instantly from eyes that would turn towards her, yet she stood tall and proud. These people where her Family she may not trust them all, or have a relationship with them all but those she has a relationship with. They make her happy in the ideal of this was where she belonged.
7rqb4Uj.png

9ga96je.png

So many people within this room, who's strings of fates led to this day, yet stardusts' eyes looked upon them she could almost see those strings still widely stretched out. Blinking once she smiled listening quietly to ivory and the others speaking before glancing to Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree surprised to see her bringing such attention to herself knowing the net runner, taking a breath she reached up and depressurized her helmet and let the lekku armor retract before she took it off as she stepped forward feelimg emboldened to speak

I...suppose we are doing personal introductions...well

Why did it feel so..awkward? Stars spoken to delegates and roomful of people before but this felt..not odd but unusual

I am stardust solus, mandalorian, emerald dragon, master of flame. I was chosen for this role because of my experience, decades worth, of combat spanning many many theaters. As such I was put in charge of the families security and defense, my sect ensures operations run smooth and is not interfered with by external parties, however we also provide the weapons and armor that our people use daily. Now it may seem like it's simple when I put it that way and yes your correct but

She paused to let a light grin crawl on her face

that is merely the surface level, truthfully it extends into political assassinations, strong arming, piracy....if the Donna wills it to be laid wasted to or subjugated it shall be done

Letting that settle in she extended her hands out
that being said I cannot organize and move the goons around myself, nor can I produce weapons and armor from thin air, my sect is simple with but two branches. The first one helps organize and direct the movements of the families lower ranks as well as assist should war come to us, the next arms those soldiers with weapons and armor they either make or buy...this branch is important as no army big or small can survive without properly maintained armor and weapons...just take a look at the lower gangs and see what they have to use compared to what we use

Looking about the room she caught sight of a few people she was interested in but kept quiet and smile as she bowed

for those considering the made positions, know I will be critical of your experience, I will not allow a weak link that cannot command a group of people or maintain the armaments of the family. I leave those thoughts with the group

With that she stepped back and put her helmet back on so that T visor once again gazed upon them

Jay looked over at Raven, shaking his head.

"Didn't give out any names for something like this. Must've left a mark." It didn't take long for him to be shocked though. So the structure of the Family was changing, and everyone here would get the chance to become Made Sentients if they wished. If he said no he'd be considered a trusted associate still, but... it felt right for him for some reason. He'd then listen carefully to what the Legal Counsel and Caporegime had to say. So they'd also get to choose who they worked for.

While yes, on the surface Stardust might have seemed to be an obvious choice... he still wasn't sure enough on his own past for that. So that left Dedata and Marcella. He didn't really know much about Dedata, but he had worked with Marcella before. Still, he waited to hear everything. Se there were words to wait for for the time being. He looked back over at his aggravated friend, smirking a tad.

"Well sounds like a potential promotion."

R RAV Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Skorvek Skorvek Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Kardek listened as the Donna and her trusted Capos spoke, as well as their legal counsel. It seemed that there were some very promising changes taking place, changes that would only prove to favor Kardek and his personal ambitions within the family. While he surely would enjoy being under Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora 's leadership... for obvious reasons... there were also significant obstacles that could arise from such a direct working relationship. It would likely be better for the Gunslinger to serve under a different Capo so that Marcella would not be his direct boss... allowing for certain... possabilities... to be more appropriate. Besides, he had already been serving under her leadership for some time now with little progress gained in winning her affections.

And Kardek had already begun to set his sights on Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae as a good candidate, for obvious reasons. He was a highly experienced militant, with a variety of skill sets and leadership capabilities that would naturally blossom under her oversight. And that was Kardek's goal... to blossom; like a beautiful flower in a field surrounded by weeds and stubble. To rise like the dawn, growing in stature and notoriety within The Family. And admittedly there are many more such metaphors that could surely be levied to further emphasis this point, but you've probably already got the general idea... moving on.

He glanced over at Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus for a moment, processing the dangers of leaving her unattended under Marcella's care. But ultimately, Kardek concluded that the illustrious Capo would likely be more drawn to a shining star just out of reach than a moon already within her orbit. He nodded to himself in self-contained agreement, turning back to those that graced the stage before him as he continued to listen, taking another delightful sip of his drink.

Last edited:
Ji65bOHfYUfhmg2olYermBpAT7Kh4zUe_RHIWyH1mlg57yxH7WjWh2RA5fWLK7xHSd6Bp7uxZCckIvoWYMJ2PBTnSCpelswO0s1WXpOdXmtnCbKELQ0qqHdmS2ml9LpTiUtcNu770IRTlvrRm6ZBDl9BHXaj_DlvB74PL1qviW9y8WfdtMWJJcqwng

Location: "The Spire"; Moonveil, Inc. Headquarters - Coruscant
Objective: Attend Meeting
Equipment: Scimitar Railgun Carbine Rifle Thermal Detonators
Tags: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Skorvek Skorvek | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Niki Priddy Niki Priddy | Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Arturo Arturo | Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor | Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha | John Young John Young | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar

PQL4-y1DUGANmMS7cGERf6pOfkLF6SsNILwCvlv1WPuZW8zWygwXufZXWPzNQuOsxOb3jM18xRNJLI84MqAwdg_z2TKJLZeHRpEXBxqd5gkyTgk9YWQZY0g_fxWUtVq9_ytHK7bXjzWJfE4pXKFHtSY

On his fourth glass of white rum Diocletian had listened in on the announcements, he had thrown a bowl of nuts at Jimmy for good measure. He had finished refining his intel with corrections and an Addendum at the bottom detailing where mountains are on the map and known weather predictions. Along with out-of-bounds locations too, some places are tightly guarded, temples and places of worship are such places that no outsider can go to.

He had kept well away from the main theatre at least for now. He knew not to rush in. That could easily get him killed. No, he will wait until everything is settled down to request a meeting with Ivory. Somewhere private and with fewer people, at least while it is in the early stages.

Although once the plans for UbaIV have been pitched to The Donna, then they can start getting the location ready for The Family and smooth over any lingering hostilities on the Ubese side of things. Some Ubese would be willing to seek employment at the new Family HQ, as it needs to have staff to housekeep and keep it running when The Family is not there.

Diocletian toasted his glass once he had completed all he needs to.

Business, Espionage & Faith

M A R C E L L A⠀ F I O R A

'St. James Infirmary'

For the most part, Marcy' had remained silent thus far as a result of her having nothing to say. She'd listen to what the Donna had to say, though she knew what was coming, as she did with the introduction of Arturo and Niki~ though she wasn't expecting the introductions.

The others had talked and now she supposed it was her turn; "
Most of you know who I am~ if you don't then ask the person next to you," she smirked slightly, "my job is to make money; business, politics and finance are my forté, espionage and backroom deals are the way we go about it, 'ta."

It was unlikely that the vast majority of those in attendance knew so little about her, for she had made herself quite prevalent and well-known, offering meetings for those who ask and introducing the latest additions into Kosa Nostra. Those who wanted to join her would, and those who don't won't.

unknown.png

Tags: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Skorvek Skorvek , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , Dominik Borra Dominik Borra , Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar , Niki Priddy Niki Priddy , Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a , Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 , Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek , Arturo Arturo , Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor , Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

He quietly nodded at Niki Priddy Niki Priddy 's comment, and advice. That much was true, he knew that for certain - there were plenty of ‘good’ folk who lost faith because they’ve just seen a little too much bad. Frankly, he probably was among them. Hard for him to tell at any rate. He gave it little heed for the moment - that sort of concern was never solved by sitting and pondering. “I will bear it in mind.” In idle response to her advice, as his attention returned to Dominik Borra Dominik Borra .

"I just... I don't know if I am a..." Before it trailed off. Samuel peered curiously at Dominik - the ending of said sentence was obvious. He could get a response to that. Frankly it was a question he asked himself plenty - just didn’t spend too much time ruminating on the fact until it was brought up. His mouth opened to speak, but by then, Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud had begun to speak as well. Gaze flickered towards the main ‘stage’ of this meeting, quietly listening along as there were a series of introductions. Aand, of fething course, the one high-end bar that hired Ela and him was being run by a mafia. Working for a criminal organization running a bar. Again. He supposed it wasn’t anything new, with a soft sigh to himself as he leant on the countertop. But, secrecy was appealing. He didn’t want his business known. Didn’t want to have his status broadcasted for every Hunter to take up arms against every other day, and an organization that would place a big target on the head of anyone within it. That was one positive. Another positive - a big one, compared to the previous criminal organization, was the policy against slavery. That one was personal. No wanton violence, either; another thing of which he had resolved for. Frankly, for a criminal syndicate, he saw little harm in staying, for now. So long as he continued to be paid, and nothing threatened his interests, that was just fine by him.

Each of the heads would make their presence known. Niko D’Aquila made a tempting, tempting offer. Legitimate work was an avenue that the Bartender always wanted to keep open, be it bartending the Star Lounge or otherwise. Never know when you might need to lay low for a while, a harsh lesson taught to him at the last establishment. Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , the helmeted woman - of which he could not blame, for he previously concealed his identity similarly for likely similar purposes - would say her piece first. Engineer was something of mild intrigue, but the man held little skill in slicing and netware, as her branch seemed specialized in. No, his technology was for hunting, for battle, plain and simple. Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , the Mandalorian Force-Sensitive, made her piece. Two things of which he disliked, and could only imagine how chaotic mixing the capabilities of both could be. And to an extent, he was proven right - for her sect was entirely dedicated to violence. He supposed to an extent, his services were no different than hers at one point or another. Will be. They were a Mando'ade, after all. Fighting seemed to be in their blood. Still, he'd need reason to trust such an individual, and perhaps he'd get one in time. But that day would not be today.

And it was then Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora made her, lack of introduction. It was true, she was the face. That was fine with him. Business and politics - the latter of which he held distaste for, but was aware it was a necessary component, and the former of which has become ingrained in his life upon daily conduct. It was true, she needed little introduction. The woman was a crafty businesswoman, that much he could tell. Likely a political schemer, as the two so often intertwine. Shame, that latter portion, but unavoidable.

They then spoke of Oaths. He supposed it made sense. Needed to ensure loyalty to be vetted to higher ranks. Wasn’t quite for him, really, as he gave a soft hum to himself as he continued to listen. He could not promise loyalty - previously, his loyalty was to the highest bidder. While that was still somewhat partially true, now, it was more so to whomever he felt, whenever he wished, for any number of personal reasons. They would not be able to secure loyalty from him without a good reason.

His conclusion was already drawn before she made the offer to be Made and concluded her segment. For Membership. Frankly, he wasn’t going to do anything of the sort. They’d have to earn his trust, be it through the acts they conduct or the people in their company. He’ll do jobs for them, as an individual contractor, sure. But more direct involvement is going to have to be something worth investing into - and unlike some folk who were desperate for a purpose, for financial gain, for influence, Samuel prioritized none of that. His motivations were of entirely different creed and interest. Thus, he would watch, wait, and observe until he finally felt comfortable with making a decision. If there was anyone at all he would be primarily working under, the answer to that was already obvious - for he was hired by only one person here. Not Stroud, the rest of the Capo’s, and neither was he merely brought along for any number of reasons. Perhaps it was an old habit to consider that the sole point of loyalty. Yet still, he partially considered it as the reason for such. No, he didn’t trust her - he didn’t trust many, if any, of the folk here. It was bad business to be completely trusting of an employer in this line of work. Maybe in time, he would. Legitimate business was preferred anyways, and that seemed up Marcella’s alley that he was already treading with his employment by her.

Ragos had stayed out of the way while some people stood and addressed the room. Pretty Woman talked of growth and restructure of their “organization”, Ragos got the impression that this organization leaned closer to his line of work than anything legitimate. That was confirmed by the pantoran who made a clear line of distinction between what Moonveil did and what “The Family” did, he even went so far as to name them a syndicate.

Well, at least he knew now what kind of people he was dealing with. It didn’t make him feel any better. No, it made him feel a chit ton worse. Several people in this room had attempted to kill him in the past and he owed his life to a few more than that, not to fething mention the chit with Marcus and the dead spice dealer. Ragos hadn’t heard of The Family, not really, he knew Marcus was a nasty dude to owe but now it looked like Ragos had gotten on the wrong side of a fething syndicate. No one used the word syndicate if they weren’t for real. Chit, Ragos was a gangsta but these people were gangsters.

Good fething going, Ghost.

“Are there any questions?” Pretty Woman asked.

Can I go?

Why am I here at all?

Mercy, please?

No one asked anything and the silence was filled by the human who had come in with the pantoran and the droid after everyone else. Apparently, he was a lawyer and the droid was his protection. When he finished introducing himself Ragos could tell what he truly was. A hustler. And a damn good one if Ragos had to bet. Ragos had no idea what to make of the droid other than he didn’t trust it. It wasn’t personal, Ragos disliked all droids, he couldn’t understand how they worked, some weren’t any smarter than a shovel with wheels and some had personalities more complex than the actual sentients he had met. It karked with his mind man.

"If it comes between you and Arturo, I will let you die and save him." The droid declared.

At least it’s honest. He mused.

After the suits said what they needed to, the women on the stage with Pretty Woman began to speak, each taking a turn in the spotlight to address the room. For the most part Ragos sort of followed along. He presumed ‘Made’ was a rank in the syndicate, still had no idea what they meant by ‘caper-oh-geem’ or whatever. Ragos could not stop wondering why he was there. He wasn’t a slicer, driver, or engineer and had no skill or desire to do any of those things, though he was pretty sure he noticed Sara perk up at the mention of drivers.

The Mando woman took her turn to explain her role and Ragos barely listened. He could think only one thing when he laid eyes on that one.

Burk'yc. Dangerous.

Ragos was useless to this one as well. He weren’t no armorer or soldier. Lots of mutha suckas who made their living on the street called themselves soldiers because chit was as dangerous as a war but Ragos knew the structure and rules of actual soldering weren’t for him.

The last of the people on the stage to speak was the woman he bummed a cigarra from. He’d assumed she had just got here early enough to grab a primo seat, instead Ragos had just walked up and flirted with a high-ranking member of a criminal syndicate. Well, it wasn’t really flirting, she really was gorgeous after all, so really all he did was tell the truth but there was all that purposeful eye contact while she lit his smoke, he’d definitely meant to send signals there.

She didn’t seem to mind either.

"Most of you know who I am~ if you don't then ask the person next to you," she told them as her introduction and so he did.

“Should I know who she is?” Ragos asked the bartender, oblivious to the conversation he was having with Fancy Man and his friend. Would it be bad if he didn’t know? Ragos had only recently come to Coruscant, and practically since touching down, he had been in the lower levels putting in work nonstop.

"my job is to make money…”

That’s all he needed to hear. If he weren’t already sold on her beauty or her accent, he really dug her accent and that smile, and her lips, her hips, her…

Well if he weren’t already sold before he was now at least somewhat intrigued. They shared a common interest if not common methods. It was a shame then that Ragos wasn’t a part of any of this

Scared money, don’t make money.

He didn’t have to join this…Family or whatever to still come out of this chit whole…if he was gonna come out at all. Sara and him had liberated a crate of spice during the insanity on thirteen-thirteen, a hundred-thousand credits worth. If the two of them hadn’t been brought here for that, maybe just maybe that could be his ticket to leaving this room not only alive but for the first time since coming to this Force-forsaken planet; ahead.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Arturo Arturo Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred R RAV Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom