Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Saraiya Darkstar

O6BJd5P.png

pYOY5Gl.jpg
Birthplace:Coruscant
Faction:H.S.C. | The Family
Home:Coruscant, Level 2269
Species:Human
Force Sensitive:Yes
Height:5'10"
Weight:145 lbs
Hair Color:Fuchsia
Eye Color:Steel Blue
Skin Color:Pale Caucasian
Theme:PAIN - Follow Me
Playby:Ariel Bloomer

"In an airspeeder, you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that airspeeder window everything you see is just more Holonet. You're a passive observer and it's all moving by you boringly in a frame. On a swoopbike the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You are in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.”

― Bobby Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Swoopbike Maintenance

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

― Tom Waits, Singer/Songwriter

"I'm a rockstar, I'm a dealer, I'm a servant, I'm a leader, I'm a savior, I'm a sinner, I'm a killer, I'll be anything you want me to be. Silent, as I witness, make your heart race with a death kiss..."

― Ozzy, Let It Die

BIOGRAPHY:

"Yeah, that'll work. Not like I'm gonna go flying off into oblivion, now am I?"

Saraiya, age 13, before her swoop accident.

She's a fuchsia-haired firebrand of a woman, who will just as soon blow you a kiss as blow you apart with her slugthrowers. She's a 'take-no-chit' type, and doesn't care if you are a mountain compared to her. She'll throw hands and chug down bottles with the best of them, and that's where the trouble lies with Saraiya Darkstar.

Saraiya grew up in the mid-levels of the Coruscanti Underworld, not far from the Uscru District, thought all things considered, it might have well been a galaxy away. Saraiya doesn't know much of her parents, and remembers even less, not having a clue what happened. From infancy she had been raised by her Aunt, though whether this was a legitimate blood relation or not is uncertain. But the woman, Aunty Esty as she called her, was a strong, fierce type who knew how to survive down where the sun never shone. It was from her that she took up mechanical repair work, seemingly having a natural knack for it, especially airspeeders and swoopbikes. It wasn't much, but truth be told, she had a surprisingly happy childhood for the most part. She went to school during the day, and helped her Aunty Esty with fixing up various customer's mechanical goods in the evenings. Everything from protocol droids, to blaster rifles, to swoop bikes came through the doors, someone always looking for a fix as cheap as they could get it.

As she grew into her teenage years, she'd become a lot like her Aunty, shooting off her mouth, and picking fights with the older kids who picked on her. After all, it was survival of the fittest down in the Coruscanti Underworld, and she had a healthy fear of death at this point in her life. Around the age of 13, she was working on a particular swoopbike owned by a rather gruff Trandoshan, someone who had connections to one of the shadier crime syndicates that people knew better than to get involved with. Not wanting to disappoint, young Saraiya took the job on all by herself, as her Aunty Esty couldn't possibly keep up with all the repairs at her advanced age. After all seemed to be working properly, she went to take the speederbike out for a quick test drive, just to be sure everything was nova. Blasting down the narrow streets, she found the adrenaline absolutely euphoric, piloting the bike as if she'd been doing it for 30-plus years.

It was love, it was excitement... It was
freedom.

Of course, she had no way of knowing at the time, nor is she aware of it now, but Saraiya is a Force Sensitive. It would take the form of precognition; knowing when to brake, when to accelerate, when to turn, what obstacles were coming, and what path to take. Still, as natural as it was, it did not prevent the young teenager from making a mistake. And that she did, as a coupling in the throttle snapped, and she crashed the bike, almost destroying it and damn near getting herself killed in the process. This had two consequences; a lengthy stay in the bacta tanks and a small, but noticeable scar over her left eyebrow, and two: massive debt. After all, you do not wreck the swoopbike of a man with connections like this particular trandoshan and just say 'oops, sorry' and all is well. Not to mention hospitalization costs.

So, on nearly the eve of her 14th birthday, young Saraiya found herself working for this Trandoshan named Griz-ali, and she did not have a say in the matter. Thankfully, he was a bit smarter than your average gangster, and put her to work where she would be of the best use to him. Seemed that Griz-ali owned a pod-racer, and was putting together a crew in order to fix pod-races and make himself a whole heap of credits. So who better than she to work on it and keep it tip top? Not like it was costing Griz-ali anything in terms of credits, after all. So that's where she found herself for the next few years. And as the time went by, and she worked off her rather considerable debt, something else reared it's ugly head; pain-killers.

You see, health care wasn't like it was in the upper levels where the rich ate like kings and tossed credits around like so much fodder for fun. She'd developed a rather bad ache in her left shoulder, and couldn't exactly afford to have it fixed. So for a long time, she spent what little money she had from her side-hustle fixing up other's pods on the down-low on pain killers so she could sleep at night. One thing she realized on the pod-racing circuit was that everyone, from the pilots to the mechanics, to the support crew, to the owners themselves... everyone had a taste for this or that, and quite a bit of this and that wasn't exactly legal, per se. So, with a bit of quick thinking, she began to buy a little of this, and a little of that, until she could start her own side hustle, dealing out everything from pain killers, to cognition enhancers, to reflex boosters and all sorts of illicit things in between.

She had managed to keep her head down and stay out of trouble for years, with the occasional over-nighter in the local jail of whatever world she found herself on from time to time. Some local governments were a bit less by-the-book about things than others, but it was a risk she took willingly. That's how she learned to take care of herself, how to handle a slugthrower, how to handle a vibroknife, and how to toss around people three times her size. She didn't have a choice. Life was rough, and survival wasn't guaranteed anywhere in the galaxy. Not back on Coruscant, not out in the middle rim, or even wild space. Only the tough and hardened survived, or at least that's how she viewed life through her steel blue eyes.

Flash-forward to the current day; Saraiya is now a young woman of twenty four, and still out there working on pod-racers and swoop bikes while peddling her more illicit wares to any and all who want them. She's got a little bit of money stashed away for a rainy day, and travels system to system with her pride and joy, a custom swoop bike she built herself from parts gathered over the years. The Midnight Storm, she calls it. A swoop bike that's blisteringly fast, highly maneuverable, and practically an extension of her own body. She's armed to the teeth with slugthrowers, blasters, knives, and other little fun gadgets, and will not hesitate to throw down if she's confronted. But, age has given her a bit of wisdom, and she's not as quick to go charging in headfirst into trouble. She'll weigh her options, and use her feminine wiles if she has to to get herself out of trouble should the situation call for it.

Black Leather, Tall Heels, & Big Thrusters.

The life of an Outlaw Swoop-biker with looks that could leave you a smoking pile of ash in the middle of the road.

9dLAbb7.jpg

~TRAITS~

strengths / weaknesses

- Street Smart -
Saraiya has been dealing with the unsavory underbelly of the Galaxy-at-large her entire life. She knows that the moment you show any weakness, it'll eat you alive without hesitation.

- Quick Thinking -
Having been in her fair share of rather hairy predicaments through her young life, Saraiya has developed an almost sixth sense when it comes to adapting to any given situation at the drop of a hat.

- Charmer -
Saraiya has her own personal code of conduct, and one of her rules is 'Use what you've got'. 'Sometimes, all it really takes is the right look, flash a cute little grin, and wink. Sometimes.'

- Mechanically Adept -
Having been raised working in a repair shop, and spending time out on the underground Pod-racing circuit, Saraiya knows how to twist a spanner and solder a connection to make damn near anything work. 'It's a gift, what can I say?'

- Wiseass -
Saraiya has been known to shoot her mouth off once or twice... ok, maybe a lot more than that. It's gotten her in and out of trouble more times than she can count, and every now and again, it's gotten her into some serious trouble.

- Over-confidence -
She's damn good at what she does, and she knows it. Therein lies the problem. Sometimes she thinks she's untouchable, and it's come back to bite her in the arse in a BIG way a few times in her life.

- Obsessed -
If there's one thing Saraiya is attached to, it's her Swoopbike. It's like an extension of her body, and without it, she gets very jumpy. Even if it's just knowing where it is, she'll relax. So much of her life revolves around racing that she equates her Swoop with freedom.

- Wreckless -
Due to not having any clue that her ability to pilot a swoopbike the way she does comes from her Force Sensitivity, she can get thoughtless doing other things, as she thinks it's just a natural talent she has. Saraiya has a tendency not to think, but just do.

~EQUIPMENT~

DS-01 'Lotus Blossom' Blaster Pistol

The Black Pulsar - A OPH-FH5 Wayfarer-class Hauler [Purchase - Reciept]

FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
[Permission Given by Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta ]

The Midnight Storm - Saraiya's Custom Swoopbike, Refitted by F.A.E.
dgeLa1k.jpg

~KNOWN ASSOCIATES~

Estrella Darkstar [Aunt] (NPC)
Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek [Business Partner]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom