Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Distribution Of Power - (The Family)

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
9ga96je.png

9q2Hq0b.png

Pleased that her Capos had each gotten their introductions out of the way, and that nobody seemed to have any questions, The Donna smiled. It would appear that the meeting would finally be wrapping up. Still, there was one more thing to do... a final order of business.

With all the changes in The Family, and their quick expansion, a few things had occurred behind the scenes of-which most of them would be unaware. With a glance over her shoulder toward Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Ivory announced to the crowd:

"Friends, before we adjourn for the afternoon, I do have two final announcements to make. Firstly, the Family would like to recognize one of your number for their recent induction into the boughs of The Black Oak; a newly-made Member, who has taken the Oath in private." With an outstretched hand, The Donna indicated Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus . "Ms. Solus. Allow me to congratulate you on the first step of your new life within The Family." Warmly, Ivory waved her forward... indicating to the young woman that she could approach & join them on the dais.

If Mairead chose to do so, Ivory would reach out and take the young woman's hand - leaning in to gently kiss Mairead on either side of her face. Unbeknownst to all except those who'd already been Made, The Donna held onto Mairead's hand with her thumb extending down the ridges of her knuckles - pointing toward the ground. She concealed the act by covering their intertwined fists with her other hand. This was one of the Code-sign's pass phrases; a hand-shake only taught to those who'd earned it.

Once the greeting had been finished, The Donna would indicate for Mairead to stand off to her left - then turn back to the crowd.

That would be the signal, prearranged between The Donna & her Caporegime, for the final order of business to begin.

One of the Family Soldiers near the door to the meeting room stepped away from his post & approached a small closet concealed behind the elegant dark paneling in the corner of the wall. Everyone would watch as the soldier would bring forth a folded golden tripod with a pot at its apex topped by a matching lid, and begin setting it up just behind her on the dais. One or all of the Caporegime were welcome to assist him. Such an artifact was treated with reverence & respect by each member of The Black Oak. Tiny rubber stoppers at the end of each leg would guarantee the device's stability.

As this was happening, The Donna announced:

"As my reward to each of you, after discussing it with my Caporegime, we are offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for any of you who are interested. We are 'opening the books', and allowing those of you with time & experience within our organization to join the Ranks of The Family, today, as full members. If you are interested, please join myself & the Caporegime. As for everyone else..." She looked carefully across the room, scanning the faces of the assembly. "You're free to go. Thank you all for coming."

Jay smiled a bit listening to Marcy speak up. He'd probably continue to work more on her side of the Family. Yes, being more of muscle and a bounty hunter Star would seem the best fit... he wasn't ready to look back there yet. Still, he was a bit more surprised by what Ivory said. Anyone there then could become a full member of the Family. He looked around, not sure what to do before finally taking a breath wand walking over. He looked and gave just a nod really. It was a big step for him to be willing to fully join... well anything again. Outside the Cloud Break's few crew at least. And even then he was only really open with Ki'tala and EW. Now though... he felt ready.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Skorvek Skorvek Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Aurelius Baldor Aurelius Baldor Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

Objective: Attend meeting
Tags: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Skorvek Skorvek Arturo Arturo Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

ivana-baquero-feedback-photocall-in-madrid-02-27-2019-1-removebg-preview.png
"If you'll excuse me..." Mairéad said politely but with an eye ful of mischief to Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha as she heard her name and responded affirmatively to her summons to the dais. She looked at the palm of her hand, and thought about her Zygerrian escapade. She smiled at Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora before taking the hand of Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and returning the secret hand shake to her. "Thank you my Donna" was her only reply before she stepped and stood to the left of the woman as instructed.

The strangest moment passed over her as she looked out from this elevated position, suddenly remembering the first time she had walked into the lounge alongside Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae making some crack about her friends being gangsters and hoping for an introduction to a made woman that was now her caporegime her friend. Not long after that there were minot missions, the museum, the discussion with Dominik Borra Dominik Borra ane the debacle against the Mandalorians all sprung to her mind. She even thought about that wedding on Vanquo, wow, so many little paths leading her here. She felt the emotion of it all and gently ran her finger by her eye to clear what might fancy itself to be a tear rolling a tiny shard of ice between her fingers allowing it to return to liquid form.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

9ga96je.png

The rogue choked slightly on his drink at the mention of his new acquaintance by the illustrious Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , a bit taken aback at the unexpected turn of events. It appeared that Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus was not simply a trusted associate and that he had been in fact shenaniganizing with a made member. How unfortunate.

He offered a pained smile and slight nod of the head as Mai excused herself, muttering a sharp profanity under his breath as she approached the stage. His chances with winning the affections of Marcella had just taken a significant hit, and this displeased him greatly. He adjusted his tie a bit uncomfortably as their hand shake took place. He was below her. He was just a trusted associate. He hated being below people. Especially his competition.

His countenance was rather dull as he listened to the Donna extend an opportunity to become a Made member. While it was a positive proposition, and one that he had already endeavored to make, it somehow felt cheapened now that it was not something that he had been personally approached and offered. A broad sweep. His eyes glanced around the room sharply, looking at the other prospects. Regardless of its lack of special pomp and circumstance, he would stay and take the Donna up on her offer... however he would remain seated as the others left and only those who wanted to join the family remained. He swirled what was left of his drink subtly in his hand, finally taking a last gulp as he set the glass down beside it's companion and stood up almost reluctantly.

"Lets go." He said in a low tone to Alpha, who also arose from his seat. The two approached the Donna and the Capos, as well as Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred who had also chosen to stay. His gaze wandered over to Mai, who was already standing as a Made member, almost taunting him with her position whether she intended it or not. A subtle smirk shivered across his lips as he nodded to her once again in almost a gesture of admittance that she had won this first round. But Kardek would be sure that round two would progress much more favorably in his direction.

He slapped Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred on the shoulder in a friendly gesture, however did not exchanges words. Alpha stood tall and proud in front of the Family greats, straightening his treasured tie and bobbing his head in what he was sure was a rather sophisticated manner.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
PtUOYSp.jpg

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Arturo Arturo

A number of Family-members had begun to make their way from the room, pausing to leave their glasses on the bar-top to be cleaned as a gesture of respect. One of them, a short, stocky, bald-headed human with a pock-marked face & dressed in a gray suit, gave Samuel Exel a wink & laid a credit-chit down on the counter with a grin. The wise guy didn’t say anything, and walked out to join his comrades.

Whomever remained was free to watch the ceremony.

The suited, silent sentinels guarding the door closed it after the majority had exited - retaking their positions on either side of the door with their hands clasped behind their back. The Family’s soldiers were professional & poised. One of them, noticing the serving droid still remained, approached & indicated for the droid to exit as well.

The Donna watched as two of their number approached the dais - Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred & Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha . She looked each of them in the eye, silently evaluating them… then gave the duo a subtle nod of acceptance. “Gentlemen.” She said. Then, she extended a hand - a silent offer for them to step up onto the dais & join her, Mairead, and the Caporegime. In the center of the dais, with plenty of space between it & the couches, the three-legged golden brazier had been set up - awaiting the touch of a spark to light it.

The Donna turned, approaching the artifact & indicating the two men to approach. Around her, the Caporegime would be free to take whatever positions they desire - but by her body language, it was clear she would conduct the ceremony herself. Ivory directed her cool, violent gaze toward the two warriors… then reached up, grasping the wide-brimmed fedora which had become her trademark & removing the hat from her head. This, she passed to Marcella - who accepted it, and likewise passed a simple double-edged dagger into Ivory’s waiting palm. The knife was ungilded, relatively plain-looking, but clearly razor sharp.

The Donna then turned toward Kardek & Jai’galore, offering them both a reassuring - but somehow, still subtly menacing - smile. “I’m pleased to see my offer has been accepted… and not just by one, but two.” Again, she studied each of them in-turn.

“Kardek.” She said, looking him directly in the eyes. “You have proven your loyalty and trustworthiness, especially when granted freedom. Your efforts on Tattooine ensured our presence there remains strong, and that - even far in the Outer Rim - those who ignore our tenets will be punished. You've made your bones, and earned the right to join The Black Oak."

“Jai’galore.”
She said, turning to meet the eyes of the bearded Mandalorian Bounty Hunter. “On numerous occasions, you have proven your willingness to fight our enemies. You have taken up arms, and followed orders to the letter - never backing down or showing fear. You have proven your loyalty to this Family; answering every summons, taking up arms to protect both our interests and the lives of your fellow family-members. From Lyravn IV to Denon, Epica to Coruscant, you have worked to our benefit… now, it is only right that we return the favor.”

Having addressed each of them individually, The Donna then turned toward Stardust. In a business-like tone, Ivory spoke quietly: “If you’d be so kind.”

The Emerald Dragon did as The Donna asked. An emerald flame suddenly roared to life in the small bowl at the top of the brazier, rising almost a foot into the air in a brilliant display of green fire before shrinking. The sudden display lit the room intensely for a brief moment, and everyone within the proximity of the brazier could feel the raging heat of the flames before they shrank to a small, steadily roiling pool within the bowl.

Ivory then turned toward the two men and explained:

“From this moment onward, there is no turning back. By taking this oath, you are dedicating your lives to this Family - and we, to you. Your days of surviving on your own, like vultures, end here. There is no place in this galaxy you will not find aid. Your enemies become Our Enemies - your failings, Our Failings - your triumphs, Our Triumphs. From this moment until the moment of your death, you will be part of something greater than each of us individually… a part of the Black Oak - the great Family Tree - concealed & protected beneath its’ boughs. Extend your right hands, palms up, and repeat after me."

As The Donna began speaking, she went first - drawing the tip of the dagger sharply across her open right palm. Blood immediately pooled on her alabaster skin, welling up like a font from the thin split in her flesh.

"As I bleed, so shall my Family bleed with me. As I suffer, so shall my Family offer comfort. I bind myself to the will of The Family, that my sacrifice may nourish the roots of the Black Oak; and should I die in service, may I be buried beneath it, so that my body is consumed and its branches nourished."

She continued, and as the two men before her repeated her words, she would likewise turn the dagger to their palms in-turn… slashing the skin of their palms.

"I swear, under pain of death, that I shall not betray my Family - that I shall not offer secrets to any living being beyond our reach, and that I shall not allow any being, alive or dead, to come between my Family and I."

Then, she would extend her hand to each of them in-turn, grasping their hands in a firm handshake. Her hard, stony, wide-eyed glare was powerful… unblinking… unavoidable… peering deep into their very souls.

Droplets of blood from their crimson-stained hands fell into the emerald flames, sizzling & filling the air with a faint smell of burned copper.

Jay watched on and followed the orders given to him, looking at everyone there. He seemed calm and ready until he heard it. Jai'galaar. The pronunciation was a bit off, but it was definitely his name. He looked at everyone. He took a breath, calming himself again, and murmuring a quiet "how" before focusing again. He'd extend his right hand, and start repeating what the Donna said, though notably he wasn't trying to hide his natural accent now, sounding like he came from Concord Dawn. Either way though, now he would be finishing up, looking at his hand before taking a breath, and accepting Ivory's handshake. Seeming to take another breath. Well... no going back now. It was... good to have some more people behind him now.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Arturo Arturo

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

PtUOYSp.jpg

Kardek nodded respectively as the Donna invited them up onto the platform. He looked her in the eyes, feeling the seriousness of this event as evidenced by her mannerisms and the ritual that surrounded the occasion. He had been ready for this moment for some time now, and so there was no shadow of turning in the rogue. He returned her intense gaze with one of his own, emitting a sense of self-assured confidence in his own demeanor that communicated clearly that this was the path that he was more than committed to walk.

He reminisced about the ritual that Droken had walked him through when he had committed to follow the Mandalorian code. It felt good to be a part of something bigger than himself again. Kardek had his share of rough edges, but one thing he could surely be accredited for was his fierce loyalty to those he chose to align himself with.

He watched intently as the Donna proceeded with the rite of passage. Being a bit dramatic himself, he enjoyed the ritualistic nature of the ceremony. As Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud looked at him and shared her observations and praises of the man, he felt a warmth within him. It was greatly appreciated by the rogue to feel appreciated for his hard work and dedication. He raised his head a bit higher and then offered a nod of gratitude for her insights and her acceptance of him into The Black Oak.

The heat washed over his face as Stardust lit the flame. He listened as the Donna detailed the severity of their commitment. As she split her flesh, he flexed his hand a bit, preparing for the moment of consummation. He repeated her words with conviction, holding out his palm as she she drew his own blood. He took her hand firmly, his own piercing eyes meeting her's as their blood mixed and sizzled inside the flaming artifact.

It was done.

He had found his new home… His new family…

And he would die protecting it with everything he had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom