Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Chains | SJC Dominion of T'surr

Be careful what you wish for.

TRUE GLORY IS NOT IN NEVER FALLING...
53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan , Milya Vondar Milya Vondar (both unless specified)

The status report was detailed and as Caltin listened intently, he did have a plan forming in his head, but this was not his line of expertise, it was Team Paladin’s. He wanted to put together as much strength as possible in one spot, but it would sacrifice the other. No matter which way it looked, it was a “this or that” scenario. He also did not want to step on any toes, Master or not a smart man knows when to pull help from those capable. The old Caltin would have tried to take control and have everyone do what he wants, maybe the big guy was finally truly starting to change.

Alright, I don’t want to make any concrete plans until recon comes back. So how about we set up those shield generators at the opening of the town where we are most vulnerable. Let’s do those floodlights, but if you don’t mind I would like a couple of those sentries to be Rangers. I don’t think all of your people should be there, but a couple, we can put the best-suited townsfolk with them. The snipers, if we can set them up to see the treelines? Do you have scopes that can pick up body heat?

Then he stopped for a moment and looked at his Mandalorian friend Kranak. Waving to him, the big guy had an idea.

Hey, how are you on explosives? Or setting up traps?

Looking between him and the Ranger, Caltin started to brainstorm. There were some ideas coming into place and the setup of town, the walls, the possible placement of overwatch. He was easily wrapping his head around the situation, but he wanted their input, as well as Captain Rarr's, Desbre's, and Milya's. Other Masters maybe "take charge", and so was he, but the big guy was smart enough to know when to look at everyone for help,

What do you guys think? Maybe we set up a chokepoint at the entrance of the town? You know, force them to the front and not offer possible openings elsewhere? Think about it. I’m sure there is a way to set some of these rifles up to fire either remotely or with motion sensors or something?

Chuckling, he smirked looking off in the distance as if realizing what he said from another perspective. They were running short on time and while the people were learning and most were picking up well on how to operate a weapon, they had a long way to go and a short amount of time to get there. Losing may have been a possibility for them but for Caltin it was not an option. He was not going to let the townsfolk fall, not if he could do anything about it.

Okay, that made sense in my head. Seriously though. We can do this. Jedi go back and forth in between, good shots on the walls, and set up firepower at the entrance with fall back points? What do you think?

If it was him, Caltin would just meet them out in the trees, but there was no one truly capable of fighting. This was a tense situation. That much was certain. A few of the townsfolk were close enough to listen to the conversation and began talking amongst themselves, then a small group approached the Special Forces Operator, the Mandalorian Combat Medic, and the Jedi.

What, are we about to walk into a bar or something?

What?

You made it sound like an Operator, a Mandalorian, and a Jedi walk into a bar... it sounded like you were setting up a joke.

Oh... okay.

Well, you WERE!

Anyway, those townsfolk that approached, seemed to be motivated, determined. "Excuse us. We could not help but overhear what you are planning. We all appreciate what you are doing, but this is our town. We want to be more involved in its defense."

Another citizen re-emphasized this. "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

With a sense of pride and a huge smile, the massive Jedi Master looked at each of his compatriots and clapped each townsfolk on the back.

I will be proud to help you. What would you like me to do?

It didn't matter if the Rangers or Visla followed his lead on this, he was speaking to motivate them further.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

...BUT IN RISING WHEN WE FALL.
svjbudd.png

Aien Mueller

A

You know those types you don't want to meet in a dark alley?

54895.gif

ORDERS: OPERATION "*******"
LOADOUT(unless missions specific):
Armor - "Apostle" armor(all),
Weapons (team)- Pistol, Combat Knife,
Grenade, Thermal Detonator
(Snipers)- Submachine Gun, rifle,
Wrist Blaster
(Assault)- Rifle, Slugthrower Pistol
(Heavy Weapons)- Minigun, Rifle
GOLD TEAM: Azrael(Aien Mueller), Castiel(Zev Tantor)
BLUE TEAM: Sauriel(Tauren Saryl), Samael(Tomas Isaacs),
Michael (Laroyce Bromin)
RED TEAM: Gabriel(Ewan Isaacs), Bartleby(Dem Oniqua)
ORDERS: Wreck the Sith flagship's engines
OVERWATCH: “Seraphim”
Tag: Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin Kayla Luspark Kayla Luspark Jax Thio Jax Thio

Boss, we’re coming up on a droid center.

Can you?

One way to find out.

I can work another panel to try to throw anyone off while he’s in there.

Clearly, Aien liked the idea as he was nodding. Slowing to a walk, they stopped to check and clear the room. The breach of the droid center was fast and efficient. Hand signals replaced verbal calls as “Blue Team” stayed outside in a cover position, “Gold Team” breached the entry after Bartleby sliced the blast door open. Quickly the four operators not covering moved in cleared the corners and “silenced” the three techs before they could do anything.

Gabriel was normally in a joking mood, but this was no time to joke. He jumped on a security panel and while the demo expert was tech-savvy, he was out of his league compared to what he would be up against. That was all a part of the plan though as the team tech was on another computer and was sending alerts and “ghost” signals all throughout the ship. The signals were all made to originate from locations not too far from their position and branch out, this was to throw off anyone who could figure out a pattern, or at least slow them down.

While doing so, Bart’ also reprogrammed several of the Warden droids in that very center and sent them out on “patrols”. Their programming was not completely changed, just their IFFs, so if they came across Omega Squad, the team were now considered “friendlies”, in fact, anyone with an SJC transponder was considered as such. Anyone else? They would not be so lucky. This was another move that would not stop Forces from coming at them, but hopefully, dramatically slow them down. The last move? Set off fire alarms everywhere.

We good?

As we’ll ever be.

In the hall.

Contact left.

One on the right.

Other one’s mine.

We’re on the clock.

Shaped charge ready.

Set it to go after the droids are clear.

Done.

As Gabriel tossed the shaped charge underneath one of the panels, they made their exit and moved down the hall in the opposite direction as the warden droids were moving. They had run into multiple security patrols but managed to get the drop on each of them. That was the advantage of being tactically superior and being on a ship with a crew that does not know where you are, they knew that time was short though. It didn't matter as they had the layout that they needed and it was not going to be fun for those trying to attack the planet.

... yeah, we scare them.

NnQ2yw5.png

Local Time: 13:10
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Objective: A Safe Haven
Equipment: Loadout 1
Tags: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek | Samantha "Sam" Kamura Samantha "Sam" Kamura

Kranak sat on the ground with his back leaned against one of the half empty crates with his Westar-M5 in hand. He casually looked around. The large crowd had dispersed when their “training” was complete. There were some townsfolk here and there speaking to the Rangers and such, but the majority was gone. He shifted his attention to his rifle on his lap. He was performing light maintenance on his rifle as he sat. The time on his HUD showed 13:10. It would be dark in about two hours or so. The day cycle was short and the nights were long here on T’surr.

Alright, I don’t want to make any concrete plans until recon comes back. So how about we set up those shield generators at the opening of the town where we are most vulnerable. Let’s do those floodlights, but if you don’t mind I would like a couple of those sentries to be Rangers. I don’t think all of your people should be there, but a couple, we can put the best-suited townsfolk with them. The snipers, if we can set them up to see the treelines? Do you have scopes that can pick up body heat?
Caltin was not too far away from him. From where he was, he could overhear the conversation he had with a Ranger. The Ranger was giving the Master Jetii a situation report, by the sound of it. The Master Jetii spoke shortly after receiving the situation report.

Then he stopped for a moment and looked at his Mandalorian friend Kranak. Waving to him, the big guy had an idea.

Hey, how are you on explosives? Or setting up traps?
Caltin paused shortly and saw the Master Jetii wave at him from the corner of his eye and heard Caltin refer to him. He looked up and towards Caltin in response.

He tilted his head to the left, showing intrigue. He was trained in handling explosives alright. But what did he have in mind? Kranak assumed they would try to set up the explosives on the perimeter as a form of deterrent. That would take some time, considering there were lots of ground to cover. Or, they could maybe set up explosives on choke points within the town in the event the T’surr raiders attacked. He stopped applying field maintenance on his rifle and stood up. The rifle was still slung on him on his chest. It slightly dangled as he stood up tall and approached Caltin and the Ranger. [“I’m trained in the use of explosives and I can set up traps with them if necessary. But I hope you have some explosives with you.”] He spoke with his arms akimbo. [“I don’t carry around anything larger than grenades, however. I specialize in the practice of combat medicine.”]

What do you guys think? Maybe we set up a chokepoint at the entrance of the town? You know, force them to the front and not offer possible openings elsewhere? Think about it. I’m sure there is a way to set some of these rifles up to fire either remotely or with motion sensors or something?

Okay, that made sense in my head. Seriously though. We can do this. Jedi go back and forth in between, good shots on the walls, and set up firepower at the entrance with fall back points? What do you think?
He weighed their options as Caltin spoke his mind. It was not a bad idea to force them to funnel into a killzone of their choosing. That’d prove fatal for the T’surr. He liked that idea. But he had an idea of his own. They could set up an ambush for the T’surr.

[“I unintentionally overheard your conversation with the Ranger. I would advise against setting up flood lights.”] he spoke as he glanced at the Ranger and Caltin. [“We can lure them into a false sense of security. Make them think this will just be another ordinary raid for them. I doubt they are aware of your presence in the town. We could use that to our advantage. If you set up visible defenses on the perimeter wall and the town, they will know something’s up. We could lose the element of surprise as a result. If we'll be setting up some defenses though, I'd highly recommend concealing them to avoid detection.”] He continued after a short pause. [“They’re more than likely to fan out and encircle the town in an attack as they approach at night. We can wait till they’re close to the perimeter wall and the main entrance of the town and greet them with overwhelming fire.”]

"Excuse us. We could not help but overhear what you are planning. We all appreciate what you are doing, but this is our town. We want to be more involved in its defense."

Another citizen re-emphasized this. "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees."
He heard an unfamiliar voice coming from the rear. He looked over his right shoulder to see who he was. It was a group of townsfolk approaching them. They wanted to fight their aggressors. He looked back at Caltin. His skeptical looks were shrouded underneath his helmet as he looked. Caltin responded to them with a big, warm smile as he patted the townsfolk on the back as he spoke.
I will be proud to help you. What would you like me to do?

Their courage was commendable, to say the least. His gaze shifted down towards the ground and zoned out. By the sound of it, they’d be used as militia. He detested that idea, but it was no longer his decision to make. The townsfolk had every right to stand up for themselves. That he could respect. But there were a number of odds stacked against them. The T’surr, at their shortest, was as tall as him. They were stronger, too. At least stronger than any of the townsfolk. The T’surr raiders were probably seasoned, too. At least a number of them probably were. They had some experience under their belt. But most importantly, they’d be carrying around lethal blasters, not stun pistols or riot guns. The townsfolk could also panic under fire. <You’re worrying too much.> he thought to himself. <They’ll be fine. They’re going to have you, a number of jetiise and Rangers defending them. You won’t be alone in this any longer.> He nodded his head slowly and came back to his senses, lifting his head to look at Caltin. His faith was somewhat restored. He'd probably feel better when he was in combat. He crossed his arms before he inquired [“Any word from your reconnaissance element? Do we know how many T’surr we’ll be dealing with?”]

Last edited:
Sam was glad to have help and readily took Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek up on his offer. "Yeah, I could use some help. Here" She handed him a spare hydrospanner and pointed to the air filters. "All the air filters are clogged with dust and stuff. Pull them out and clean them, also clean everything inside too."

With Dagos working on the filters, Sam had more time to turn her attention to the function monitors. Without them, they vaporator wouldn't cool itself to the right temperature. "I came here alone. Since I don't actually have a master, but I thought I could help with what I know. So what did you come here with your master for?"

Objective: C - Way of the Diplomat

Given what she had researched about the T'surr, the rocky start to the negotiations went about how she expected. For many of the hardliners, slavery just wasn't a business, but a way of life ingrained into their culture over countless generations. Asking them to suddenly give up the practice would be like the Sith demanding to make a dark nexus in the heart of the Silver Rest. Barely a few minutes into conversation and the enraged Matriarch's rep, Lar'evl attempted to storm out of the hut with his entourage.

The male T'surr wouldn't get far, as his cohorts ran smack dab into the tarp that that hung over the entrance, now rigid as durasteel.

If not for the tense situation unfolding, it would have been a comical sight watching astonished T'surr hardliners skipping away from the hardened cloth.

About the same time, Sha'vak turned to the Echani to offer her input.

Perfect timing, because she now had a lot to say.

"I think when this meeting was arranged, there was something lost in translation," she directed to Lar'evl at the far side of the hut. "As Knight Morno has stated, we are not here to discuss whether or not slavery in the system will be abolished - that is already a forgone conclusion. What we are here to discuss is the nature of your transition to a free society. By leaving now, your Matriarch loses a voice in how said transition proceeds, and things will become very difficult for your side from this point onward. Whatever you have been promised by your allies is fools gold. You are under the illusion that you stand a chance against the forces of the Concord and the Mandalorians, because we are actually holding back."

The sole reason the capital hadn't already been stormed was because Jyoti had personally requested diplomatic session to make the process of abolition as bloodless as possible, but she was more than happy to lead the assault personally if the Matriarch and her ilk decided to forgo peaceful negotiations.

Doing good didn't mean being nice.

She motioned for him to return to his seat, though soon she would continue, now turning her attention to Sha'vak.

"The reason why your society must change is simple: the old ways are not sustainable. Abroad, your people's job prospects dwindle as less and less cliental wish to deal with a group of slaveholders lest they face the wrath of the Great Powers. At this point, even Sith and Hutts have denounced slavery in their spaces, so that leads you deal with the dregs of the galaxy for work - hardly adequate to sustain remittance."

"What's worse, your planet is slowly dying. Day by day your people struggle more and more to survive, who are natives of this planet. Many slaveholders can't even adequately tend to their slaves, largely fragile offworlders who are becoming more burden than benefit."

"In short, you are on a steady path to self destruction on a planetary scale, both economically and literally."

She opened with the stick, now came the carrot.

"As I had laid out, you have much more to lose than perhaps you realize on your current course. If the trajectory is altered, you will gain so much. Firstly, my home government, on behalf of the Concord, is willing to share our terraforming technologies to reverse the desertfication of the world. It is proven technology that can be deployed relatively quickly on planetary scale. Secondly, Each slaveholder will receive compensation for their liberated slaves, in the form of direct payments and more durable utility droids. Finally, the Concord military has generous security contract prepared, hiring out all available T'surr mercenaries for our war efforts, worth more that all the annual remittances you collect from your men abroad."

Now she leaned back in her seat, letting each party digest the offer before concluding.

"The process need not be difficult, and you all will come out ahead if you work with the Concord and our friends. The T'surr adapted to overcome a hostile environment and become the apex predator of this world. Now it is time to adapt once more and thrive on the galactic stage."

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kazsk Morno Kazsk Morno

Last edited:
Objective A - Starship Down!
Tags: Kayla Luspark Kayla Luspark Jax Thio Jax Thio Aien Mueller

“The mission-” Aveline had started, but Jax was off before she could finish. Aveline held her position on his wing, and provided cover as he swung in to save Kayla. Kayla was here? That gave her some comfort. A lot, actually. Kayla was the most talented pilot she knew. “Hello there stranger” Aveline cut in over their comms. No one could see the smirk underneath her helmet, but it was very much painted across her entire face.

The Silver Fleet had already begun boarding the dreadnaught and was having success. They would have to wait on support from the Hawks, however, as they prioritized the dogfight. The battle in space raged on, and before long, Aveline, or Hawk 2, broke off from Hawk 1.

Jax got a pair of fighters on his tail. A third broke off to chase Aveline. Through a mixture of instinct and insight from the Force, Aveline could feel where her stalker came from, and where he wanted her to go. With the blink of an eye she had changed trajectory. She came around on Jax’s stalkers with time to spare before the duped fighter could catch on. She finished one with her torpedos, the second she pummeled with her laser cannons, sticking on it like glue until she melted through shield and hull alike. Just then alarms were flaring, and her stalked had fired off his own missiles. It seemed she’d been too greedy for the kill, rather than breaking off as soon as he started locking on. Oh well.

“On my tail” she reported. She didn’t know who would take care of it for her, but she had faith. Aveline allowed herself a glance out from her cockpit, across that bit of space to where the dreadnaught rested. There were fighting souls in there. A small group, but elite. May the Force be with you.

"
Jax! Can you use your seismic charge to help disable the ship?" She wasn't sure if it would be enough... The dreadnaught had been on the receiving end of what the reinforcing Silver Fleet had to offer, and would be weakened. "I don't know if it'll be enough, but hey, can't hurt right?" Although to be fair, if it didn't hurt, the plan wouldn't be any good at all...

Last edited:
“Word.” Dagos said as he started unscrewing the first of the filiters. It was dirty work but he did not mind. Life as a Jedi had so far not brought him much time to work with his hands in this way. It was mostly study and meditation which he found unbearably boring. Saber study with Ryuchi was a blast even if his teacher was a little hard on him, Dagos just loved the physicality of it. Sitting still and focusing on breathing or scrolling through ancient musings was tantamount to torture in his mind.

Dagos worked the first filter loose and found an air hose in the pile of loose tools near Sam. With a hiss and burt of air Dagos launched a bunch of crude into the air and wished he’d worn a mask. Dagos set the now clean filter to the side and began working on getting the next one loose which was proving to be not so easy. Working on this machine reminded Dagos of when his older brother Ragos would work on his speeder-bike. Dagos didn’t know how his brother who was only seventeen at the time got a speeder-bike, Ragos friend Hunt mused that it was stolen but Ragos never said one way or the other. Ragos loved that bike for the few weeks that he had it, unfortunately the bike was gone after Hunt took it for a drunken joy ride and totaled the thing. Hunt was gone after that too.

“No Master huh?” Dagos asked her wondering which one of them was better off. Dagos bristled at her use of the term “Master” to describe his relationship with Ryuchi. Even if it was proper terms Dagos did not like it much.

“We got word that this village might be in danger from attacks or whatever.” Dagos looked around and saw all the soldiers milling about and even arming some of the locals. It seemed the word had traveled far.

“So we came to help. A sword in the dark and all that stuff.” he said answering her question.

Samantha "Sam" Kamura Samantha "Sam" Kamura

Kayla Luspark

Genius, Billionairess, Playgirl, Fighter Pilot

O B J E C T I V E A - Starship Down!

al7AMq.jpg

Equipment: Standard flight suit, heavy blaster pistol, REC-SS01 X-wing Space Superiority Starfighter
Companion: "Vido" V-2 Series "Minimech" Astromech

Kayla twisted through a hail of bolts from behind. Taking a second, she dialed her inertial compensator up a bit. Cutting her thrust, she came around in a sharp turn. Her pursuers still had the angle though, as they were far enough back that any maneuver she tried they could easily adapt to. Bolt strikes created a light show along her shields, but then they collapsed. Squeezing her eyes tight, she swept into an S-curve and began cutting a Weave. She ruddered to the right while rolling slow, creating a corkscrew. Wiggling around her stick she added an element of instability that made her impossible to predict. It was a maneuver most pilots used to attack ground defenses, or turrets and such on ships. It would help against the bandits on her tail, but not for long. Not if they--

A sharp warning tone cut into her cockpit. She was being painted. The tone changed to a feverish lock warning. And a flash of light came from behind. It was the momentary orange-gold glare of an explosion. Then dozens more lit up around her as thrust tails slammed into target after target. The fuselage of a wrecked fighter caromed off her canopy. Even with the dampers, Kayla’s face and head slammed into the transparisteel, causing her vision to water.

Leveling out, her fighter wobbled as a familiar voice cut in. “Jax,” she said, somewhat disoriented, followed by a cough, "is that you?" She sounded exhausted and she knew it. There was something warm and wet on her face. Annoyed, she reached up to wipe away the sweat and came away with blood on her glove. More coughing. Smoke was filling the cockpit.

Aveline’s voice came over the comm too. Even more relief flooded through her. At Aveline’s “Hey stranger” Kayla smiled for a moment, forgetting where she was. “Hey sexy,” she shot back. “I owe you drinks this time.

Hawk 1 and Hawk 2 were already angling for the destroyer. “Vido,” she said, panting.

<Smooth. You okay, Kayla?"
"That naughty grasshopper bloodied me up, but ... 'm okay. Cgan you do someding about this smogke? And the shields?"
<On it. Why do you sound like that? We should RTB and get you looked at and re-arm.>
"My node is brogen. And I dink I gobba congussion. Got a job to do, but I'd lub to."

Clearing her throat, she keyed up over the comm again. “Silver and Saber squadrons. Whoeber is left... form up on me,” she directed. After a few moments, eight other x-wings formed up around her, settling into formation. “Let’s gib Hawk 1 some cubber. Gents, let’s plow the road!

Kayla fed more power into her shields which were coming back online, taking from engines. But they were flying rear-guard. A trio of fighters broke off for Hawk 1 and 2, only for Aveline to swap nose for tail and kick off in a new direction that would have made Kayla proud any day. Emulation was high flattery. Quickly, Hawk 2 picked off both fighters. But there was nobody to complete the other half of the Scissors maneuver.

Stick with Hawk 1,” she ordered. “Give him cover.” A chorus of acknowledgements came back as the fighters fanned out. A hail of accurate fire began erupting out from them at anything that got too close, giving Jax the cover he needed.

Kayla spotted the bandit just as it fired on her friend. Wasting no time she homed in on the missiles. Shifting over to chain fire, she stutter fired a blazing hail out. One detonated within a second or two. She was past the plane of attack and rolled into a climb that brought her back into line and fired another stream of bolts. It took a few moments until one found their mark. The second detonated a short ways behind Aveline’s fighter, almost enough to catch it in the ball of plasma but she was already gone by the time it would have reached her.

<Oh great, now the bandit is on us,> Vido reported in a string of stressed-sounding whistles.

How glose?

<Ear-nibbling range.>

Amateur.

Stabbing her thumb into one button on her throttle, she killed her thrust again just as she pulled up. The enemy fighter flashed just below her ship at full throttle, streaking out ahead. Re-engaging thrust, Kayla shifted to quad fire and dropped her crosshairs on the target lead assist and fired one burst, then another. The first four bolts slammed into the fighter’s rear shields before they could react to the changing dynamic. The next set of four merged into one more powerful bolt just before it hit the engine compartment. The scarlet bolt flash-boiled armor as it bored in. Super-heated cracks appeared along the space frame. A secondary explosion from inside the fighter stabbed light through the cracks, and then an instant later the whole thing came apart at the seams before a third explosion sent the pieces scattering and tumbling through space.

Panting softly, Kayla turned back toward what was let of her fighter group. Transmitting to Hawk 1 and 2, she sighed, exhaustion thick in her voice. “Are we there yet? Can I go home now,” she asked.

VB0MQiD.png

O B J E C T I V E B - A Safe Haven
55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​
The Force-assisted run out to the camp had been the longest Des had undertaken, at least in one continuous go. She’d covered a lot of ground and traversed mountains, mixing it with Force Leap and other such abilities. But a longer run, especially in high-gravity, forced her to concentrate in new ways, keeping the lactic acid from building up in her muscles and keeping them in working shape, and enhancing her speed. Lightening her weight. By the time Captain Rarr dropped out of the run she was grateful for the break.

Moving along with him, she skull-dragged right along with him, sullying her white uniform in quick order. She was thankful for the darker cloak she’d included for the trip as it concealed the bright outline of her uniform. It wouldn’t do anything for her heat signature, though. So far as she knew, the natives did not share her infrared vision. Below and spread out in front of them, she could make out all the warm bodies easily, lost in the low light. She could pick up the heated silhouettes of various structures, heated by either heaters or small cooking fires. The cages she spotted before Beltran pointed them out, but nodded in acknowledgement.

When he spoke on the operation being kriffed up already she shook her head. What came next wasn’t a voice. It wasn’t words per se either. But a series of feelings and ideas that were so precise and clear that they might have translated into words. But more than that they had a kind of clarity and coolness, so well-formed one might realize they came from a similar intellect. ~Only if we engage. Those captives don’t have up-to-date information. We can’t free them right now anyway. They can’t fight. We can’t march them back to town. The terrain is too rough, and it will take too much time. Were it just me, I might take them on alone. Stick to the shadows. Use my Stealth skills. Become an avenging ghost. ...~ She paused then and scooted back down the hill until they were out of line of sight and any real chance of earshot.

We could free those people and lead them back,” she proposed. “Let the T’surr come after them. But as they do, we thin the herd. Picking them off as they go. Hit and fade. Ambushes. Make them pay for every bit of ground they take. Pick off stragglers.” Something had changed in Desbre it seemed, though either of them had enough experience with her to know it. Months ago, she had struggled with the idea of taking lives at all. But she’d worked out her ethical and moral concerns. Perhaps it had been Tol Amn. Perhaps the trip to Ilum. Or even Circumtore. Or the discussions with Caltin after the Battle of Sepan. But things had changed. It wasn’t so much that she felt darker, but just accepted that sometimes killing resulted from protecting the greater good. If she could help it, she wouldn’t, but if it needed to happen, so be it. And even if she did, she merely was sending them back to the Force, like... recycling life. So yes, she really was talking about taking out the T’surr on their home turf to save a bunch of slaves. But a Jedi was supposed to be a guardian of peace and justice. Slavery wasn’t justice. Everyone had a right to liberty, to freedom. There wasn’t much difference between those captives and slaves down there, and herself back home. Sure, she’d had some more freedoms, could do more things, but her kind were second-class citizens at best, and little more than slaves by any other name in many other cases.

She would happily give anyone she could the opportunity to breathe free air without the yolk of oppression and tyranny.

Beltran might not have known much about her. Milya, maybe more. But all three of them were fighters in so many ways. She knew Milya would have no qualms about taking it to the T’surr. Her cultural literally lived and breathed combat. Beltran was a seasoned elite warfighter, and he had access to the Force as well. It was very doable.

Trouble is, they might not like being bait. And we still have a mission,” she said. “Another option is to free those prisoners, and get to an extraction point nearby, while your gunship drops some ordinance on them. Gunship picks us up, loops off in another direction, then outside of visual range, cuts back toward town and drops us off. We don’t have to play fair.
zJxNdnE.png

Beltran listened to Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan as she went through the range of their options and found himself impressed. The young woman seemed to have a very strong strategic sense. She knew better than to rush head long into the camp, which already put her ahead of many Jedi Beltran knew. He thought back briefly to the training exercise he'd been a part of on Taris a few weeks before. His team, a mixture of Mandalorians and Jedi had quickly lost any semblance of order or discipline. So see that this young woman was not about to run off and pull the same stunts as those being had gratified the Lorrdian.

"How about a little of both," Beltran said after a moment's consideration. "We free the prisoners, using the Gunship for support and lead them to an extraction point. Gunship drops hell on the camp and comes and pick's us up. Then we let them see us go back to town. With any luck, the survivors will get angry and come after us, allowing us some control over when the confrontation at the town happens."

T'surr were cunning, Beltran knew. They didn't give into wanton bloodlust easily and there was nothing stopping them from simply holding here until the Jedi forces moved on from the settlement. But kill a few of them, destroy their camp? Maybe that would be enough to get them to attack in haste. Or it could get them to scatter. That likelihood was a little more problematic, considering that they could gather somewhere else and attack later. But, it would give the town more time to train and prepare their defenses so that even if the attack came after Beltran and his detachment were gone, the town would likely be able to hold their own.

"Alright, we'll go with that." Beltran said, making the decision. Keying his comlink, Beltran spoke. "Paladin One to Wyvern-2-0, how copy?"

"Good copy, Paladin One. What can I do for you?" Replied the Gunship's pilot.

"I'm going to need you to buzz the raider encampment, wake 'em up a little and get them shooting at you. We've got some slaves being held hostage in the north end that we're going to try and free and need a distraction."

"Roger that, I can be there in three mikes."

"Good, make the first pass close. Let them feel your grav-lifts, knock a few of the poodoo monkeys on their backsides get them looking south. Then swing around for a second pass and give 'em a strafe with the rotary blasters. Hopefully by that point we'll have the the hostages and will be enroute to the following coordinates." He relayed coordinates for a small foot hill about a quarter mile from the north edge of the camp. "Come pick us up there."

There was a slight pause as the pilot absorbed the order but she came back strong. "Understood, Captain. Heading to you now, ETA for first pass is three minutes."

"Copy all. Paladin One, out."

Keying his com to that of the operators and Jedi at the town, Beltran spoke. "This is Captain Rarr for Team Paladin and Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . Jedi Gensan and I have found the raider camp. Initial estimates of seventy to eighty hostiles appears to be accurate. Most are armed with blaster rifles and other small arms or melee weapons. They are holding several of the townspeople in the camp, likely for information. We're going to go in and pull them out, using our gunship for CAS. If all goes well, we'll be headed back to you within the hour. Best step up your training regimen and get those fortifications sorted. There's about to be a lot of angry T'surr following us out of these foothills. Captain Rarr, out."

Sergeant Doss nodded, agreeing with much of what Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor suggested. With the aid of the townspeople, he had the shield generators set up at the edge of town where it opened out onto the plains. He then began overseeing the setting up of the flood lights. At Jedi Vanagor's question about scopes, the Sergeant had nodded.

"Yes sir," He said with a jaunty little smile, betraying his backwoods Saleucami background. "Our HUD's can be set to low-light, infrared and thermal vision. I'll set up with Argos and Dawson in the tree-line. We're the best long range shooters."

The Sergeant was about to go on when they were interrupted by the massive Togorian Lieutenant, Mrawr.

"Just got word from the Captain," The cat-giant purred. "He and Jedi Gensan are going to free some captives being held in the camp and then hitch a ride back here with Wyvern-2-0. Sounds like the raiders are going to be all kinds of pissed, so odds are they're going to be knocking on our doors soon after. I haven't been able to get through to the fleet, so Wyvern is going to be our only air asset in theater. I can command the flood light position with Grave and Digger and whoever of the townsfolk are the best shots at range."

Argos, taking his cue began to separate the five or so best shots of the townsfolk into a group as the Lieutenant spoke. Looking to the Jedi Master, Mrawr continued. "I guess that leaves you commanding the defense of the town opening. Once Captain Rarr is back, I'm sure he'll join you there with Jedi Gensan." The Togorian also nodded toward the Mandalorian, Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . "That one will also probably serve you in good stead."

Overhead, the Arch-Angel Gunship could be see dropping altitude hard as it made for the raider camp.

The first buzzing of the Raider camp went off without a hitch. The Gunship appeared so quickly that the camp's inhabitants could do little more than gawk at it as it flew over them as low as possible. The gravimetric distortion coming from the ship's repulsors knocked numerous T'surr off their feet and even overturned a couple of the pre-fab camp shelters. A few scattered blaster shots we're fired off in response, but nothing that had a chance of breaching the gunship's armor.

Taking advantage of the chaos, Beltran led Jedi Gensan down the ridge and into the encampment. With most of the camp's inhabitants running to and fro, trying to figure out what exactly was going on, it didn't take long for the pair to reach the makeshift detention section. Powerful boughs of wood lashed together with some kind of rope made for a crude, but effective holding pen.

Once they were in, Beltran took a knee and began opening fire on any targets that presented themselves. One good thing about the T'surr being so big, they weren't easy to miss and several went down in the span of a few seconds. Already he could hear the sound of the gunship's engines as its pilot swung down for her second pass.

"Alright," He called out, using the vox modulator on his voice to amplify it over the din of battle. "Let's get them out and moving. I'll provide cover!"

Beltran left the young woman to her work and continued to fire. The Raiders were starting to get organized and he began receiving counter-fire. Overhead, he could see Wyvern-2-0 angling in on an attack vector. Any moment now, she would let loose with the rotary blasters and send the Raiders running for cover...

Whoosh!

Whoosh! Whoosh!

From somewhere south of the camp, a trio of missiles suddenly appeared tracking in on the gunship.

"Wyvern!" Beltran shouted. "You've got incoming, take evasiv-"

The first of the missiles impacted against the gunship even as Beltran was finishing his sentence. A plume of red-hot fire ballooned out from the ship as it struggled to maintain altitude. A few seconds later, the other two hit and the ship was obliterated in a fireball easily seen from the town.

"Oh, feth me!" Beltran muttered as he turned and pivoted on his foot, running back to the cages at a sprint, firing his rifle behind him one-handed. "Let's get a move on, Gensan!" He shouted. "We're about to have company!"

This was why you didn't get cocky before an op.

Last edited:

O B J E C T I V E - B - A Safe Haven
55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​
By the time the gunship made it's first past, they were almost in position. All eyes were on the flying hunk of armor and weapons, and a perfect distraction. Des didn't have to be told, but gave Beltran a nod. Saber already in hand, she ignited the cool blue-white blade with an all too familiar snap-hiss. It's deep hum was comforting in a way. The captives gasped as she dropped down next to the cage, and slashed through the lock with all her falling weight and force. The lock fairly shattered, scattering glowing shards to the frigid ground below.

Blaster fire was erupting around the camp, scattered and sporadic. Captain Rarr opened up with his weaponry, precise fire taking out a few. And then several shots came back his way. A few came toward her as well. Two were high the third was accurate but a casual flick of a wrist deflected it into the distance. "Let's go," she bellowed to the captives as she brushed the various consciousness within. She used the Force, embedding it into the words and ino the concept of being free, of leaving, doing what she could to drive and motivate them. They had no time for hesitation.

The group surged almost as one, making their way out of the cage. Turning back Des swatted down a few more bolts then turned as a T'surrian who was close closed in with a force pike. He thrust at her face, using his mass to drive forward. The pale-one backpedaled, leaning away from the weapon. Hastily she swept her saber up and around, deflecting the blow to her right. He had height and reach advantage. And his weapon was more versatile, and just as deadly. Spinning away, she created room. He gave a low, dark chuckle as he spun the weapon. By the way he handled it, he was an expert, and took sick enjoyment of using it. "Jeedai," he sneered in Basic.

Then the sound of rocket motors firing off caught her attention. Glancing to the side, she saw missiles tracking toward the gunship. "Aw hell," she said, even as her opponent began to laugh in earnest. "Quit playing around," she muttered to herself. Raising her left hand she called upon the Force used it to slam the T'surr backward in a blur, crashing him against the rocky short cliff she'd dropped over to get to the prisoners. The big male went down and did not move. Dead or incapacitated, Des didn't know, and there wasn't time to think on it.

Turning, she went after the freed prisoners, catching up to them almost immediately after shutting down her saber. Fishing out her comlink, she set it to contract Caltin. "Well, that didn't go as planned. They had a missile launchers we couldn't see. Have the prisoners. We're heading back on foot."
zJxNdnE.png

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...
53950.gif

Just once I would like to have a comm-call be boring.

With a concerned laugh, Caltin just keyed back.

Acknowledged. I’m coming your way, but if you’re being followed, draw them to the main entrance of the town.

Looking between the Rangers, it was up to them and whoever remained behind to defend the town.

I’ll run up ahead, see if I can help them out. I know you guys are more than capable of doing this too, but we need you guys to be the last line of defense in case things go south. This isn’t “babysitting”, trust me, I don’t do that.

He was within earshot of Kranak, but Caltin didn’t have time to explain it to him too. The big guy just hoped that the Mandalorian had heard everything. If he wanted to come, he was more than welcome, if he wanted to stay behind, that was alright as well. Either way, Caltin was moving now. Out and into the trees, he reached out through the Force to contact all who were in Freetown who could hear him.

~” Be ready, there could be a lot of Raiders coming soon. We’re going to try and thin out as much as we can.”~

Sprinting, he focused on the potential location of his compatriots.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
svjbudd.png

Local Time: 13:11
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Objective: A Safe Haven
Equipment: Loadout 1
Tags: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek | Samantha "Sam" Kamura Samantha "Sam" Kamura

[“Any word from your reconnaissance element? Do we know how many T’surr we’ll be dealing with?”]
Just as he inquired for the status of the reconnaissance mission, Caltin’s commlink crackled to life. It was Beltran speaking. He remembered the Ranger from the war games on Taris, but hadn’t had the chance to meet the man in person. He looked at Caltin as he listened to Beltran’s transmission.
"This is Captain Rarr for Team Paladin and Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor . Jedi Gensan and I have found the raider camp. Initial estimates of seventy to eighty hostiles appears to be accurate. Most are armed with blaster rifles and other small arms or melee weapons. They are holding several of the townspeople in the camp, likely for information. We're going to go in and pull them out, using our gunship for CAS. If all goes well, we'll be headed back to you within the hour. Best step up your training regimen and get those fortifications sorted. There's about to be a lot of angry T'surr following us out of these foothills. Captain Rarr, out."

A massive Togorian Ranger would also confirm the reconnaissance report shortly after Beltran’s transmission was complete.

"Just got word from the Captain," The cat-giant purred. "He and Jedi Gensan are going to free some captives being held in the camp and then hitch a ride back here with Wyvern-2-0. Sounds like the raiders are going to be all kinds of pissed, so odds are they're going to be knocking on our doors soon after. I haven't been able to get through to the fleet, so Wyvern is going to be our only air asset in theater. I can command the flood light position with Grave and Digger and whoever of the townsfolk are the best shots at range."
So he was right, the T’surr were preparing to seize the town with a far greater force compared to their smaller sized raid parties from before. They probably grew tired of seizing the townsfolk piece by piece and had finally decided to go at it full force. There had to be more of them out there. That was just a single camp that they’ve found. There could very well be more camps that they hadn’t spotted yet.

Caltin was quick to reply to Beltran as he lifted his commlink to transmit his reply to the Ranger.
Acknowledged. I’m coming your way, but if you’re being followed, draw them to the main entrance of the town.

The Master Jetii turned his gaze upon the Rangers right after his transmission was complete.

I’ll run up ahead, see if I can help them out. I know you guys are more than capable of doing this too, but we need you guys to be the last line of defense in case things go south. This isn’t “babysitting”, trust me, I don’t do that.
The reconnaissance party was not large enough to take on that many hostiles, but their gunship would help them out big time, so at first he would decide to stay behind and help bolster the defenses at the town, but before Caltin left earshot distance, he spotted a large explosion in the direction the Master Jetii was running towards. <Chit, that had to be their air support!> So, not only the T’surr was preparing for a big attack, but they’ve expanded their arsenal and got their hands on MANPADS’. Master Jetii and the reconnaissance team would need all the help they could get to head back to the town, and he was not going to turn down the opportunity to stretch out his legs a second time. [“Hold up! I’m coming with you!”] He shouted as he broke into a sprint to catch up with Caltin. He would be a few meters behind, following him. He wasn’t too worried about the townsfolk, considering the Rangers would be protecting them in their absence. He was more worried about the reconnaissance team at the moment. He hoped there wouldn’t be a lot of casualties on their side from the upcoming fight.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

OBJECTIVE A
aSITfd.jpg

Jax smiled. "Yeah it's me Kayla," he said trying to maintain control of his X-Wing in lieu of the small explosions forming around him. "Was just about to leave until I received word about the conflict against the T'surr. Couldn't let you have all the fun and take all the glory!" It felt good hearing Kayla's voice again. Professional yet at the same time with that playful, flirtatious flair even in the face of danger. She had a face an angel and the skills of a devil something she described herself to Jax when they first met. He received Kayla's Life Day message but because he had to prepare for battle, Jax didn't get the chance to watch it.​
It was then Jax's radio was starting to receive static, "hey BB-12." Jax asked evading a missile shot at him. "What's going on with my radio? Are we being jammed?"​
BB-12's head spun around. <Kind of.> He said. <Gimmie a moment.> as the fighters zipped through the barrage of laser cannons, Kayla's voice came through. "Hey sexy," she said.​
"Kayla!" Jax's cheeks began to flush a dark red. "Frack me Kayla you actually think I'm sexy! I mean it's about time that you finally see the truth about me Kayla. Back in the Temple, they didn't call me the sexiest Jedi in the galaxy for nothing!"​
<Didn't they call you a nuisance?> BB-12 beeped.​
"Shut up BB-12."​
It was then Aveline once again mentioned Jax's Seismic Charge. "Seriously Aveline," Jax breathed navigating his fighter. "How the hell did you know about my seismic charge? That's something that I pulled a lot of strings to get! You don't know how much I sacrificed to get a device like this. But yes, If I can get close to the ship I can launch the Seismic Charge. That should be enough to knock out the shields and inflict heavy damage!"​
Jax sighed. "But I need some cover!" he said. "We got more fighters about 15 of them heading straight for us! Hawk 2! Stick close to Kayla, her ship is damaged considerably. Everyone else rally behind me this is going to be close!"​

It was much slower going than Beltran would have liked coming down from the foothills. So far Jedi Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan had managed to keep the prisoners safe, leading down toward the town. Beltran was going his best to anchor their rear, tossing thermal detonators behind them and firing off entire magazines' worth of pulse mag-pellets at the advancing T'Surr. Beyond being muscle-bound hulks, Beltran found that he was coming to appreciate the blue giants' penchant for not wearing armor as concussive blasts and shrapnel slowed their enemy's pursuit.

But slow didn't mean easy. Owing to their immense size, several of the raiders hefted heavy repeating blasters with relative ease, sending dozens to hundreds of bolts flying back at the Lorrdian and the retreating prisoners. Twice, when there had been no cover to keep the prisoners safe, Beltran had been forced to stand out in the open, using his energy buckler to deflect the barrages while the last of the prisoners moved on. The device was powered from the internal battery housed in his armor, but it's emitters could only withstand so much damage before overloading.

Add to that the fact that the Lorrdian was running out of ammunition for his pulse-rifle and had spent all but one of his grena...click... "Feth," Beltran muttered, tossing his rifle to the side. "Instead of running, let's make that ran out." Drawing his Hand-cannon from the drop holster on his thigh, he levelled the six-shooter at an unfortunate T'Surr who was advancing down toward them and fired. A loud boom echoed through the air as the depleted baradium round took the monster apart at the head and shoulders.

As the Raider came apart in the spray of bloody mist, Beltran could hear the startled shouts coming from his companions behind him. "Well," Beltran continued talking to himself. "At least that gave them something to think about."

With his off hand, Beltran drew his lightsaber. He kept the orange blade deactivated for now but wanted it handy. His buckler would...buckle (get it? ha ha!) soon enough and he needed another way to deflect the incoming fire once they got down to the flat's near the town. Cover would be scarce there. Deflecting blaster fire with his saber wasn't one of his strong suits. Beltran had begun training in the lightsaber form of Soresu, but his knowledge was little better than a basic novice. Thus far he had through much of his study of the saber into the forms of Schii-Cho and Ataru. Aggressive forms that worked well in combat against multiple foes.

Still that didn't mean that Beltran had no tricks up his sleeve. He had learned the power of Force Stasis from his mentor and friend Laertia Io Laertia Io and though it took a lot of energy for the Lorrdian to conjure, it could serve as a last ditch attempt to hold off the enemy's fire as well. With any luck, though, help would be coming for them from the town. He knew that Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan had commed back to the town, but even if she hadn't, the loss of Wyvern-2-0 had been so spectacular that Beltran couldn't imagine the town not having seen it.

"...This isn’t “babysitting”, trust me, I don’t do that."

Lieutenant Mrawr growled a little, but he nodded. The Togorian could feel his teammates stir behind him, obviously unhappy about this latest turn of events, but the cat-giant knew that the outcome of this growing battle hinged on the ability of the town to defend itself. If they broke position to rush to the Captain's aid, they would likely all be caught on flat ground with no cover and a heavily armed enemy at their backs. Even a team as good as Paladin would be hard pressed to turn odds like that into a victory.

"Understood, Jedi Vanagor." The Lieutenant said before turning back and locking eyes with Sergeant Doss and Specialist Argos in particular. "You heard the man!" The officer snapped. "Get set up in overwatch positions as per the plan. The Captain will get here, believe that! But he'll need cover when he does and you'll be the one's providing it!"

The younger of the two men, Dek Argos nodded. Sergeant Doss held the Togorian's gaze a little longer, the light of defiance still evident in the man's gaze, but eventually he too backed down. "Got it, El Tee." With that, the two moved off with the best of the townspeople's shooters toward the vantage points they'd designated.

By this point, Jedi Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor and the Mandalorian Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla were already moving toward the Captain's position. From this distance, the Togorian couldn't quite make out the figures of Captain Rarr, Jedi Gensan or the prisoners but the small pocks of blaster fire showed evidence of them being nearly out of the hills. To his own crew, Grave, Digger and the rest of the townsfolk, Mrawr began to issue orders. He put the majority of the townsfolk on the walls, using Grave and Digger as fire team leaders.

He would anchor the main entrance with a pair of townspeople, a Twi'lek male named Tann'ith who'd been a slave once and a powerfully built T'Surr named Dyrango, who'd come to Freetown because he despised slavery. Tann'ith carried a stun weapon, while Dyrango had his own heavy repeater that he'd built from scraps years ago. It had surprised Mrawr somewhat to learn that the T'Surr was an engineer. Such professions were generally looked down by other T'Surr as being for slaves, which probably explained the blue monster's dislike for the practice.

They would set up behind some crates and an Akk Dogg shield generator, levelling their weapons in the direction of the coming fight. It was true what they said. Waiting really was the hardest part.

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope

GAME ON YAKHEAD!
54429.gif

LOCAL TIME: Oh! Who cares right now!
BASED:
The Carrier "Liberation"
ORDERS: Wreck the Sith Fleet.
WINGMATES: Kayla Luspark Kayla Luspark Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin Jax Thio Jax Thio

As turbolaser batteries of ”The Liberation” targeted the Sith flagship, missiles from the Sith fleet slammed into her deflector shields. They were holding, but won’t be forever. The heavy guns were trained on the enormous vessel and tearing into her hull. He made his plans known, T’Surr would be a wasteland, the Concord would be in tatters trying to respond, only a few of them were in the vicinity but that was a conversation for another time. Right now, the bridge of the Silver Defense Fleet carrier was a mynock’s nest of activity.

Any newly promoted Captain would be in way over their head right now. Captain Angellus was no different, but he had centuries of experience in his blood. He was a mess internally, but his instincts were controlling him right now, and that meant that they had a chance. Ordering all guns to bear on the Sith vessel, Liram ordered the engines to roar to life and the two-thousand meter long Star Destroyer began cutting a swath through Sith vessels. Some of the smaller ones were sheered in half rammed by the fleet carrier. The ones that did not reroute their flight plans were “space kill” as fighters tore into them.

The launchbays were exposed, but that was a risk that they were going to take as the deck crews were working overtime to repair, recrew and reload incoming ships. Gunships and Heavy Escort fighters of Quinn, Larry, Ferret, and Gunk squadrons repeatedly unloaded their payloads on the smaller vessels as the torpedo squadrons as Murr and Que squadrons followed. They were focusing on these vessels to force choices made of the Sith fighters. They were kriffed no matter what they chose.

The A-wings of Cal, Jok, and Kers squadrons were flying high-speed cover for all Silver fighters, they were not alone. Two squadrons of Jackals, a new style fighter out of Lucerne Labs, Sug and Dis squadrons were using doing so as well. Any Sith fighter that tried to target a Silver fighter or ship was being targeted for destruction. The strategic bombers of Joe and Sal squadrons were moving in on the Sith flagship. They were getting shredded, but more than in the fight as all eight X-wing squadrons assigned the ” The Liberation” were drawing the fire of the enormous beast of a ship.

” Keep it together team! We can do this!”

There was a feeling on the bridge that they indeed did have a chance of turning the Sith away, especially when the huge vessel’s engines began to fade out.

“Comms/Conn!”

”Go…”

It was Commander Halpern calling out the concern.

“Our boys over there have control of the engines.”

Liram just smiled. This day just got better and better.

Acknowledged. If they can push the baddies out, great, if not, let’s get them a ride off that thing.
sjogrungesmol1.png

Objective C - Way of the Diplomat
Tags: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Equipment: Lightsaber

He then saw Master Nooran use an advanced ability to make the cloth overhanging the meeting place harden and halt the T'surr before they could leave. As some were frightened, some were also more angry, however Lar'evl proceeded to listen to the Jedi Master begrudgingly.

After she spoke her piece and Lar'evl had sat back down, Kazsk gave a slight smile to the Togrutan beside him, assuring her that things were going in the right direction.

Everything proposed in detail by Master Nooran, he agreed with. Their slavery had to end, no question, but they could choose to rid of it bloodlessly, if they so chose.

After the Echani Jedi spoke her final point, Kazsk chimed in to provide his own commentary.
"What we are offering you T'surr is more than fair". "It is a chance to move forward and move those around you forward as well". "We do not want bloodshed here on a massive scale".

"This might be our only chance to provide you and your planet with a peaceful and meaningful peaceful solution". "With the generous concessions for former slaves to providing you with terraforming technology to wake your world from its desert slumber".

"Overall, Representatives of T'surr, this the best and most generous you will receive, and I do encourage you to accept". "Of course the process immediately following this deal, should you accept it, will be hard and difficult". "However, the long term positives could transform your prominence to something better than being a species constantly associated with slavery".

"The deal we offer is not just reasonable, it is extremely beneficial to the future of your species and this planet you call home".

He now would finish his commentary with a final statement before he let Master Nooran conclude the negotiations.

"And to reiterate what we convey to your here". "This offer is for your entire people and species that dwell on this planet and as well to the many T'surr abroad as well".

"We don't bring this to your Matriarch, we bring this to you, the T'surr". "Your whole species should have a say in this deal, not just those at the top". "With that I think many of your kind would see the immense value of having the Silver Jedi Concord as your newest allies".

"We do hope you make the right decision my friends". He looked over at Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran , he spoke & gestured to her to conclude the negotiations as best she could.

"You may conclude, Master Nooran", he said bowing his head very slightly towards the T'surr delegation.

He now sat back a bit in the chair he was sitting in, and watched to see how the T'surr would deal with each other when it comes to discussing this deal and what it consists of.

He looked up and around, and felt relatively confident about everything that had just occurred, hoping that the T'surr would come to see reason.

Objective C - Way of the Diplomat

The air was tense after her stunt with the door, but no one was jumping at each other's throat, so she had captured their attention at least. In her words, she had carefully sidestepped ethical and cultural arguments to focus on the core economic issues. In a galaxy of countless varieties of species and cultures, morality was relative, but the pursuit of prosperity was ubiquitous. Over the years, she had found it best not to appeal to a groups sense of benevolence or fear, but mutual interest. In the arrangement she proposed, everyone was a winner with the simple abandonment of one archaic practice.

Knight Morno followed up, proving himself to be an eloquent and persuasive speaker. With more experience, the Knight would prove to be a valuable asset on the diplomatic front. The former Grandmaster would keep an eye on him.

"I can see that you're now listening - by all objective measures this is an excellent deal that will see your race grow like never before. We do not wish to impede your development, only that your slaves are afforded the same opportunities. Each one much more valuable to you as Freemen."

"On the topic of Freemen, I request that the Matriach call off the raiders assaulting Freetown while negotiations continue. In turn, the Concord spare her strongholds."

That was it. Now she had to sit back and hope they saw reason and endless the needless domestic conflicts that only accelerated their mutual demise.

The Echani preferred to see the end of another day without more blood on her hands.

Kazsk Morno Kazsk Morno Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Tag:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

The attacking horde was organized, but they were "straight forward" in their tactics, the smaller "Silver" group was able to hold their own, the question is, how long would that last? True, there were two Force Users among them, even trained in Special Forces operations and procedures, but even that might not last forever. With the weapons bearing down on them, and the fury of the T'Surr when riled up, they could overpower almost anything when riled up, even a pair of Jedi.

What about a trio?

Several grenades were thrown at the retreating forces as they dug in, those were blocked and stopped. Yet in a surprising move, those explosives were meant to be a distraction to the thermal detonator that was all but launched their way. The effect would have been devastating if another Jedi was not capable of Force Stasis. There was one, Caltin reached out in time for the detonator to hang at about ten feet above and away from the hands of the attackers.

Running with Visla, Caltin looked at him with a wry grin. He knew that Visla was well aware of what those attune to the Force were capable of, but he had something else to be grinning about. As he told the combat medic verbally, he told Des and Captain Rarr through the Force.

~Be ready, they're going to have to choose between me running by them and you in a second.~

"Every Jedi is good at something." A straightforward mantra that is, or at least was taught to younglings and Padawan Learners ad nauseam. The primary explanation to it was that there are specialties each Jedi take to, be it piloting, engineering, technology, diplomacy, well you get the idea. There was also the secondary thought that some abilities in the Force come easier to some than they do to others, it's only natural. Caltin in fact embraced this when he realized that to him, the "physical" side was the way to go for him. It's not that the big guy was not more than capable with much of the others, but sometimes you have to dance with the girl that brought you.

Letting the Force flow through him, Caltin ran up towards and by the attackers. He made sure to temper his speed just slow enough so that they could see him run by but more than fast enough so that they could do little more than watch.

Making his way to their "six", Caltin stood there, "Conservator" at his side. Those who were surviving any weapons fire from his allies now had a choice. Him, or them.

They are so screwed.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Aien Mueller

A

You know those types you don't want to meet in a dark alley?

54895.gif

GOLD TEAM
: Azrael(Aien Mueller), Castiel(Zev Tantor)
BLUE TEAM: Sauriel(Tauren Saryl), Samael(Tomas Isaacs),
Michael (Laroyce Bromin)
RED TEAM: Gabriel(Ewan Isaacs), Bartleby(Dem Oniqua)
ORDERS: Wreck the ship engines
OVERWATCH: “Seraphim”
Tag: Jax Thio Jax Thio Kayla Luspark Kayla Luspark Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin

Those reprogrammed droids? They worked better than imagined. Bartleby not only set their IFFs (specifically the way they identify “friendly” and “threat”) with a random encryption key that changed every three standard seconds. That was hard enough for Sith slicers to work around, but the program that Omega Squad’s tech used has the ability to send a virus to any offending computer, not with an Omega Squad IMEI (id code). The virus also had an unexpected effect as well, the warden droids that were reprogrammed were able to reprogram other droids for an extended period of time. This was not a permanent effect as the slicers were able to shut that down and protect the rest of their stock but approximately thirty five percent of the droids on the ship were now “working with” Omega Squad.

The other sixty-five percent, as well as security teams, as well as Sith Acolytes, were moving on the team. They could handle the security forces, they could even handle the warden droids. The Sith Acolytes were a (censored) as those who did not have their own lightsabers were either pulling Omega’s weapons from them or trying to choke them. This ended when Azrael decided that what explosives in the way of grenades and detonators would be reserved for them. This, combined with concentrated fire seemed to do the trick a couple of times. The ones with their own lightsaber? Well, they spent their time chasing OS until they ran into Warden droids no longer on their side.

The fighting was intense to the point that the team was running out of ammunition until they found an armory. They reloaded, big time. Gabriel even left a “surprise” as they found their way out, and made their way to engineering. Bartleby was busy sending “sensor ghosts” to the opposite end of the ship. They were drawing forces away from them. The extra explosives that Gabriel picked up came in handy as about half of them went to use on the portside forward heavy turbolaser battery. They trashed it and trashed it fast. That hopefully helped put a damper on defenses and helped the fleet.

The final hallway to engineering was the toughest. There were three Acolytes and were all armed with lightsabers.

Oh screw this!

Samael lived up to his callsign and unloaded “Bertha’s” load of projectiles on the Acolytes. They choked him and blocked a lot of the weapons fire but they were more than overwhelmed and fell. Slinging the heavy weapon and pulling his assault rifle, he was ready. They all were, some were surprised at just how bad(censored) that was. Finally, they made it into the main engineering. As Gold and Blue teams set a perimeter Bartleby shut down the engines of the ship and began shutting down main power in several sections of the ship. The bridge was no longer in control and had no way of communicating with anyone anyway (the blast doors are locked). Gabriel was setting up “failsafes”.

Call ” The Lib”... tell’em we’re good.

Already on it. All blast doors are locked. Just sent “our” droids the codes to open them.

... and they say I’m “the mean one.”

All of them almost in unison: "You are!"

They all laughed.

... yeah, we scare them.

NnQ2yw5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom