Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Sunbreaker | RTL Dominion of Kazarak

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

K A Z A R A K
[
T H E M E ]

KEfn1TD.png

zmN1BJi.png

A message from the fleet let Ariel know of Roth Tillian Roth Tillian and his squadron's activities. "Get me a direct line to Tillian," ordered Ariel as she turned her attention to the tactical map beside her. She knew the intentions were well, but today they would send a message to slavers everywhere. The Rimward Trade League would not allow their kind to penetrate their borders unpunished. Once the communications line was secure, the Imperial spoke. "As wonderful as this cease and desist act is, today, is the day we send a message to the Eclipse and much of their ilk. Their kind is not wanted here and to that extent, I shall destroy every single ship bearing their marker."

Even as she spoke, the Eclipse fleet began to burn in the void. No quarter, no mercy, the Imperial ships fought on in the spirit of the First Order. This a reminder to the slavers that whilst the major government might be gone, its spirit remained, and it is truly meant to haunt them all until the very damnation of the galaxy.

"I will provide your team, exactly five minutes to get whatever information they need or want from the Eclipse vessel."

"Then it will perish amongst the void where we sit, if it is a Lucrehulk your government seeks then I can assure you, one of better quality can be provided without the stain of slavery upon it."
If the men and women who Tillian cared for did not withdraw after the five minutes. "If after five minutes they have not withdrawn then I should hope that they have their affairs in order."

The line was cut, and Ariel nodded to her communications officer. A switch was made to contact the fleet, "this is Yvarro. Hold fire on the flagship, and set timers for five minutes. In precisely five minutes, all weapons target the hulk. Today, we remind these slavers that the Outer Rim does not belong to them. It belongs to freemen and those who stand in the way shall perish."

"Mr. Bloodborn, Titan Squadron. Defensive screen around the Sloane, set timers, five minutes until the destruction of the flagship."

She narrowed her gaze on the timer and watched as the seconds ticked by. Ariel then ordered, "prepare all plasma railguns and the solar lance arrays, have them ready to fire on my mark."

KEfn1TD.png

Kurayami was currently clearing the tail of one of the members of Titan that had unintentionally gotten in over their head, and things were heating up quickly. Still they had managed to clear a number of the forces along with the other spaceborne force of the League. The Corellian put his crosshairs over the member of Titan in front of him Forcing his squadmate into an evasive break. As expected the enemy was quick to follow this allowing Kurayami to ease back slightly on the throttle and drop in behind the now sandwiched target. Once the slaver realized he was being hunted as well he attempted to break from the fight at just the wrong time and ended up setting himself up for the Corellian Force user to quickly pull lead and vaporize his ship with a full cannon salvo. Another one down. Wheeling his craft around in a seemingly impossible turn, he broke off and dove down towards a nearby ARC-170 that was on the run from other friendlies, that wasn't his target, no it was the B-Wings closing from the four-o'clock of that engagement.

As he dove, he pushed the throttles full forward and made sure all weapons were fire linked, with the exception of the bomblet generator...and opened up strafing the targets with continuous fire from right to left, rolling and adjusiting pitch to keep from hitting them or the friendly in pursuit of the 170. The amount of clearance would have been enough to shake anyone, including himself, but on the outside he seemed entirely calm. Inside he was thanking the Force that it worked as he completed the roll and pulled into a wide loop still inverted as he began the dive to setup the kill shots on the two B-wing starfighters. The first was debris before he finished rolling level, and the second was gone as soon as he came to level at the same altitude.

Two more. Readying himself to get back into the hunt, he got a comm from Ariel and was sure that Titan had received the same orders as well since they were already well on their way back. "Defensive CAP centered on the Sloane. It's your show, ma'am. Timer set for zero-five minutes. You heard the XO boys, time to head home, but the day ain't over just yet. Stay alert."

Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro Vad Logan Vad Logan Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn

Roth would have stared at the comms unit in shock if he were not twisting through turbolaser fire in a craft not designed for such maneuvers.

"She said that?" The gunner grunted, gripping the targeting console. Roth just grunted and pushed the throttle even further forward, trying to squeeze every last bit of speed from the assault vessel. After a few more moments, as lasers exploded around them, the assault squadron broke free.

Roth let out a breath and grabbed the communicator, placing it over his head as he brought the squadron around for another attack run on the gun emplacements.

"Get your head out of the poodoo, Yavarro," Roth said, voice cool, "You are not authorized to make that decision, and it is in direct contravention to the orders issued by the Council and Admiralty Court. They're letting you help with this as a private citizen- but break the mission plan, fire on League personnel undertaking an official mission, and they'll slap your picture next to Sularon's as a renegade warlord to be hunted down."

Another burst of fire interrupted him as he forced the ungainly craft into a roll. "Unless you're going to be exposed as a secret slave dealer by their ship's databanks that you have to destroy them or be found out, is it worth that?"

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

K A Z A R A K
[
T H E M E ]

KEfn1TD.png

zmN1BJi.png
The Imperial was quick to fire back, as it had been the League's own weak security protocols that had allowed the slavers the ability to roam as long as they had. What was that back on Kirdo? They hadn't caught a break? This would not have happened under the thumb of a true Empire. Perhaps her one-time beau Djorn Bline Djorn Bline had been correct and such governments ought naught be allowed to grow.

"Your league's lack of a backbone has resulted in these slavers' existence on your borders, your taking their ship as your own will do nothing more than keep the blood on your hands. On the matter of Sularon, your League continues to allow such a renegade warlord to linger around your own borders. Keeping his operations right along yours, with no fear of consequences, so I'd think for a moment or two before you decide to issue such a threat." Ariel paused a moment and scoffed, "and for that matter, it would only mean I'd be in no more danger than these slavers since your own government allows such threats to float in and about your territory."

She issued an order to Mr. Bloodborn, "keep timers on, set out another two minutes, we'll be in no danger here."

"I'll compromise with you Tillian, seven minutes to grab whatever information you need, and you'll see the only slavers are the ones you've allowed to fester in this sector. Once more if it is a Lucrehulk your government seeks, one can be afforded to you without the stain of slavers. I happen to have a contact within the old Confederacy from whom I can procure you a ship."

She would still level the ship.

"Several ships, if that is what you seek, and my reasons for destroying this vessel is plain."

"It sends a message to all other would-be slavers that the Rimward Trade League is not to be toyed with and the consequences for doing so are severe, simply taking their ship tells them that they'll be in no more danger than Mr. Sularon. Convince me otherwise, Tillian."

An order went to her fleet to not just hold fire, but to begin to revert back to the Sloane.

KEfn1TD.png
Listening to the two of them going back and forth was quite entertaining as Kurayami watched the timer count down. When the order came through he increased the timer setting by two minutes before relaying that he had done so to Ariel. "As ordered, timer increased to zero-seven minutes ma'am. I wasn't overly concerned about danger to start with." It is true that he was working with RTL and Ariel but he was contracted by both, in either instance he could break the contract with no real consequences, but with Ariel it would be tantamount in his mind to betraying a family member. That was something that he couldn't allow himself to do. The League had a solid set of ideals and the people seemed to be of a good ilk so he didn't want to be on their bad side. It was not a fun place to be but he would make the best of it however it turned out.

Though the thoughts were running through his mind, he never let any single one stay too long as he was still in an active combat zone and flying a ractetrack pattern CAP over a warship that could potentially come under fire from fomerly allied ships at any moment. If that happened, he knew he was going to be dispatched to deal with the issue alongside the barrage from the fleet Ariel had at her command. He could only hope to the Force a compromise was reached, and the sooner the better.

j8b0I9s.png

x88aQrk.png
Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Mix and Match Harness, Concealed Blaster, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag
Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl Mishel Mishel Westenra Mina Westenra Mina Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural OPEN

Even knowing the strike was incoming, Lossa couldn't help the fear produced in her by the sound of explosions and debris flying through the air. Whistling noises and the sheer percussion of the air as everything seemed to close in around her.

Each tear of the explosions pressing into her as her heart tried to match the sudden interruptions. Her chest tightening with each blast. Her ears rang, nearly upsetting her balance as her mind raced to make sense of the scene around her.

Nearly missing the gesture from Elias as she began to rock in place.

“On my mark!” the Jedi shouted, rallying any nearby soldiers. He looked to Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl and gave her a nod.

“Charge!”

Elias surged forward with the troops.

And Lossa sat there in shock. He'd left. Or rather had advanced. What were they here to do? Something important. She knew that much. But. There was too much. Too many emotions.

So much pain.

The fear of being left alone drove her to her hands and knees. Not wanting to be out in the open if more of those explosions happened.

The need to survive pushing past her thoughts as she quieted. Face blank as her eyes settled into the pale rose color. Her feet finding purchase in the rubble as she rocketed ahead of the troops breaching the wall.

The force came in waves to her. Her own emotions tangled with the mess that filled the air.

The surge of energy into her legs pushing her into the compound with a skyward leap. The gaping maw of the wounded wall welcoming her in.

It wasn't any safer her mind realized as the ringing in her ears began to deaden.

The yelling never seemed to stop. Orders flung across the open space as the sensation of danger traveled up her arm and into her neck. The cold whisper of the force finding her hand around the hilt of her saber.

Instinct guiding her in place of thought.

The hiss of the purple lightsaber filling her ears before the snap of the bolt meant for her side was flung skyward.

En avant!

The voice of her dance instructor coming to mind as she threw her left leg forward, weight shifting quickly as she brought the long handle closer to her body.

Frappé!

The extended foot connected with something as it was swiped towards the ground, her eyes not yet focused as the saber spun between both hands to deflect another bolt.

Temps lié!

Her weight withdraw from the kick, physical balance regained as she came to rest on the ground in a half crouch. Igniting the second half of her blade as she extened it forward. The bottom end burning through the form she stood atop.

The squall of pain lost on her as she found her balance. The same cold warning of danger filling her chest and making her body act with a cartwheel towards the wall.

The sizzle of blaster bolts striking the body she'd moved from as she pushed herself into the tiny bit of cover provided by a half wall.

Her breathing rapid and heart rate rising as she continued to move without thought. The saber burning into the half wall as a door adjacent to her cover opened.

The carbine in their hand snapping a shot off as she rolled forward, rising from the roll and not feeling the heat that burned away a chunk of hair. Her hand rising to point the barrel upward while the saber hand let her weapon spin once.

The sizzle of heat against skin making the being recoil all too late.

A pair of hands came with the carbine, still gripping it with intent. A swift kick pushing the being backwards as she followed the momentum inside to the sounds of surprise.

She made no sound as the first to fall was along the far wall, rising out of their covered position to raise the heavy repeater at her.

They'd pulled the weapon from its mount only to drop with two halves of the weapon burning into them.

The purple blades danced in the air as bolt after bolt were sent in every direction, unable to deflect them back with the amount of attention directed at her.

Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn

"It's not a threat, it's common sense," Roth replied, twisting the yoke to one side to duck underneath a barrage of turbolaser fire from a neighboring vessel. "What would you have done if one of your commanders had gone rogue and botched a major operation because their feelings were more important? And you don't have a galactic superpower to hide behind the way Sularon did until recently."

The fighter rocked under the nearby explosion of a concussion missile and Roth let his eyes dart across the dashboard. "Because it's not about the ship. It's about the financial records on the ship databanks. Blow up as many ships as you want and their suppliers and buyers will just find someone else. But every record we can get our hands on is a transaction- who sold them fuel, who sold them rations, who sold weapons, who does their banking, their accounting, who handles the money? Everyone of those we can ID, we can bring down. Show that no matter how rich or powerful someone might be, or how well insulated from the victims of their crimes, we will hunt them down. Starve anyone who even considers doing business with cartels and syndicates."

He felt the straps tighten around his body as the ship slewed around the curve of the ship. "And if imperial displays of strength worked, we wouldn't have held Skor II twice, even after the First Order fleet tried to murder the president. If you can board a battleship, slice its databanks, download its records, and then leave in seven minutes, fine. Otherwise... it'll take fifteen."

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

K A Z A R A K
[
T H E M E ]

KEfn1TD.png

zmN1BJi.png
"I'll remind you that the First Order killed their own who dared to betray them, or have you forgotten the Bespin Stoning?" As Tillian continued to foam at the mouth, Ariel was ready to fire back.

"Tillian, your skull is perhaps thicker than that backwater accent of yours." Yvarro cooly countered, "and I'll remind you to not pin my cousin's losses on myself. While I'm sure you have trouble distinguishing between Imperials, perhaps I shall remind you to learn the difference." Ariel wasted no time in ordering her gunners to train their smaller hypervelocity guns on Tillian, the targeting solution would provide Tillian enough room to pucker. "You see my cousin was indeed one of a kind, more elegant, refined, and she certainly had a hell of a lot more class than I do." She gave a single nod and two hypervelocity shells would damn near kiss Tillian's fighter, "and I shall remind you that it was my cousin's regime that brought down the mighty Galactic Alliance's military leaving room for the Sith Empire to gut you like a Sunday Roast. Do not think for a second that I am at any point afraid of your Trade League. Respect is due where it lies, but that is about all."

"It's a wonder your people couldn't detect Taeli Raaf's deception when the entire galaxy knew what was unfolding, it is a wonder your precious Alliance lost not once but twice to the First Order within the Ison Corridor and indeed lost Dagobah and Varonat all the same. Or perhaps you need to remember Kaeshana,"
calmly stated Ariel she knew her history and ordered another salvo near Tillian as a stark reminder that her precision and person were not to be toyed it. "You will have precisely ten minutes and if your people cannot hack a simple slaver databack within that timeframe then let natural selection take its course. Have a wonderful day, Mr. Tillian."

She cut the line and ordered ships to change their formation, leaving the Rimward Trade League out in the open and exposed to the void on their own. Perhaps to realize that without the aid of such a fleet, they would be vulnerable to the Final Dawn and the Sith Order. Their lack of a centralized military left them open to more attacks. Ariel suppressed a snarl that wanted to appear on her features. She was finding it more and more how her family could come to the stance they held against the types like the League, like the Alliance. Perhaps, her cousin had been right all along, in that the best way to deal with these people was to eliminate them altogether.

Encrypted messages were sent, all Dagger-class ships were to prepare their seismic charges and interdiction missiles, and the Seawolves would prepare their own seismic cannons and ready their javelin missiles. All three Kimbrells were to ready their guns, and have them pointed directly at the Lucrehulk. The Resurgent, Dowager, and Sloane were to prepare all weapons, "Mr. Bloodborn, we'll be deploying all of the Kimbrells squadrons, they'll be at your command. Configure timers for ten minutes, if Mr. Tillian cannot get his men to gather the information necessary in ten minutes then they are to become one with the Force, am I understood?"

KEfn1TD.png
Again, Kurayami listened as Ariel dissected and responded to each of Tillian's points that were brought up. It was a rather interesting debate. Again, not one he was going to be getting involved in, in any capacity. His involvement with most factions he had been part of had been tenuous at best, and with the First Order had been pretty much an unofficial position if he were completely honest. In fact it was mostly only through Fiolette that he had any sort of work with the First Order, but that was all past now. Still, the history lesson and comparisons between Ariel and her cousin were fascinating.

Kurayami had to fight back a bit of laughter mixed with a sharp inhale when she started to remind Tillian of what had transpired with the betrayal of Taeli Raaf, the losses of Dagobah, Varonat, and Kaeshana. Things were indeed getting a little heated it seemed...which was summarily confirmed when some of the smaller hypervelocity rounds were fired in the direction of his ship. Clearly the trajectory was going to miss, but it would be a near-miss and one that sent a clear message. Around the same time the channel went dead and an encrypted comm ping showed up. Switching to the channel he nodded and responded to Ariel. "Timers calibrated, set for ten minutes. Roger, that, anything not out of the lucrehulk in ten minutes can take up their complaints with the fine particulates of space dust next to them."

x88aQrk.png

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Finish the slavers
Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo Mira Quinn Mira Quinn Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Mishel Mishel Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol Westenra Mina Westenra Mina

Everything shook around the Jedi Spectre as the artillery rocked the building to its foundations, but the experienced woman paid it no attention, she had been in war zones, and should the force wish to take her via a stray artillery shell, there was little she could do. Instead she utilised the chaos around her to move rapidly through the building, eliminating guards where she had to, but avoiding them when she could, she winked in and out of visibility as it suited her combat style, preferring not to duel while invisible. The soldiers of the slavers were no match for her. Perhaps she was enjoying the combat a little more than she should, but she was who she was, and allowing her passions to bubble at the surface helped with her clarity.

A door slid open and rhiza found herself looking at a small internal hangar, several guards were already loading up a shuttle and the hangar doors above were beginning to open. "Going somewhere are you?" she shouted as the bodyguards opened fire and she was forced to deflect several bolts, one sizzled across the throat of the closest assailant and another harmlessly pattered across the hull of the small ship. Rhiza deftly launched a throwing shuriken across the room at the other guard, hitting him in the arm and causing him to drop his weapon in pain as the blade embedded itself deeply.

"I am Rhiza Dural of the Rimward Jedi Coalition, I order you to stand down, if you surrender, you will be granted fair trial, if you try to leave, you will be destroyed!" She shouted loudly across the bay as the engines began to heat up and a couple of guards sent more blaster bolts at her as they ran aboard the soon to depart shuttle. They weren't listening.

Rhiza ran towards the shuttle herself and jumped onto the closing boarding ramp before it shut, the vehicle was a few feet off of the ground but her grave was enough to make it with little risk of failing. As she landed, one of the guards open fired on her, Rhiza again was quick, but the advantage was with the shooter and a bolt burned across the blue fabric of he arms and she had to twist to absorb the impact before eliminating yet another guard with her white blade. She looked at her arm, her Viper suit had turned what could have been a nasty strike into a meat glancing blow but it stung enough for her to need to use the force to suppress her pain. But now she was becoming angry, an unplesant feeling for her, and the window of surrender for this VIP was rapidly narrowing.

Rhiza walked along the corridor toward the cockpit where she could see someone frantically working the controls, the ship was gaining height. "I told you to surrender, you can choose to face your crimes and live a better life."

"And rot in a cell until someone sticks a blade between my ribs, no, I will be leaving here."

He spun around and fired a blaster shotgun at Rhiza. The Jedi Master raised her hand and the bolt stopped, hovering in the air as the energy sheath burned brightly. Rhiza simply shook her head as she closed her and and the projectile winked out before clattering to the floor. She was about to speak and give him one last chance, but he fired again and this time she flicked her blade across in front of her, sending the heavy deliberately round into his chest. The man slumped backwards into the chair and the vehicle was still, other than the hum of the engines with the vehicle half in half out of the hangar bay.

Chit! Thought the woman <<This is Jedi Master Dural to RTL support vessels, the shuttle attempting to flee is under my control, do not open fire. I believe I have eliminated at least one of the station commanders.>> judging by the piles of loot taken and the guards that threw their lives in front of the Jedi, she could only assume this man was a ranking person on the base.

Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn

Roth glanced out of the cockpit, tracing the small hypervelocity rounds. The other two co-pilots stared at him, face pale, be he just shrugged and closed his eyes. Everything in space had a gravitic field- no matter how small, and they all interacted with each other in a chaotic, beautifully orchestrated dance dictated by natural forces.

And beneath all such natural forces was the Force itself. As the projectiles hammered his way, he reached out with the Force, feeling the small fields of energy interacting with the rest of the ones around him. They weren't going to hit, but he gave them a small nudge with the Force towards the flagship to have a bit more breathing room.

"That is why Imperials are so irresistible to poke," Roth said, glancing at the others. "They only have one response and it gets them every time." He swapped the comm back on.

"And despite everything you say, both First Orders are dead, and we are not."

"Cometeers, you are clear for boarding. Slice the databanks, download the data, and leave for Yvarro to have her little flex. If it's longer than ten minutes, that's on you."

"What do you think we are, astromechs?" The reply crackled back.

"I think you're crazy enough to be void grunts," Roth replied, letting another torpedo slam into gun emplacements. "I stay behind shields and armor and engines. I don't board ships."

There was muffled laughter from the other comm channel. "If we're onboard when she starts firing, we get the first salvage claim."

"You're already getting paid," Roth pointed out.

"Sure we are, but there's nothing wrong with a little bonus every now and then."

"Just do your job, and there will be plenty of scrap for everyone. Maybe some scrapped bank vaults to seize."

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

ARTIFICER + JEDI
RIMWARD JEDI COALITION

K A Z A R A K
[T H E M E]

x88aQrk.png

FIRETEAM KRESH
r9I26dj.png

Mishel recalled Nathan's mention of mines as she made contact with Lav. She needed a way off the rock, and at the moment found herself within the base itself. "Edo, mines were mentioned by Nathan earlier, careful on the way out." By the time she made the call most of the 'troops' ranger corps and rescue services had arrived and the Eclipse was finding themselves sorely unprepared for the encounter. Making use of telekinesis, she took to eliminating another sniper position.

No longer needed as a distraction, the Tygaran began to clean up and break apart weapons such as turrets and machine guns as she could. Master Dural made contact on comms about having one of the station's commanders with her. The others were likely either on the run or still, for some Force forsaken reason there at the base. "Copy Dural, this is Jedi Master Mishel, will be around to help out," Mishel responded in a hurried state as she rushed away from the base, keeping in mind what Nathan had said earlier.

Fortunately, Lav was able to not only pick her up from the base but have the Princess Leia fire off a few rounds in the process. Aboard the vessel, she had the Selonian pilot follow up after the shuttle. The Jedi Master managed to get on comms and contact the Jedi Spectre. "On your six, Dural, the Princess Leia is here and ready to provide escort."

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

K A Z A R A K
[
T H E M E ]

KEfn1TD.png

zmN1BJi.png

Ariel piped Tillian's smug response to her entire fleet so that indeed they could all hear his arrogance. When he was done frothing at the mouth she returned, matter-of-factly, "Mr. Tillian, simply because one cannot see something, doesn't mean it's not there. I would expect one of your faith to understand such matters." While indeed the First Order was no longer the galactic presence on the map that it once did not mean that the old empire had simply died, it still breathed and continued to live on within every single Imperial it had birthed. In the hearts of those who served and continue to serve Dosuun.

To her own forces, Ariel spoke in a more direct manner.
"Revenge is a dish best-served cold, we are here to aid the Rimward Trade League. Understand that they are all like Mr. Tillian, who not only incorrectly quotes history but cherry-picks what serves them best. You see it is this sort of self-righteous crusade that has brought the Outer Rim down time and time again, and infected the Unknown Regions as well. Do well to remember Mr. Tillian's haughty remark." It was all she needed to do, and such the transcription of their interaction would be kept to serve as propaganda later when needed.

The provocation is what it would be called.

"Mr. Bloodborn, Titan Squadron, and all Victorian Imperial forces. Give the Rimward Trade League a wide berth to allow them the ability to leave the system without hurting themselves. We'll then take care of the Lucrehulk and anything remaining of the Eclipse fleet. If you find any signs of life, bring them aboard your ship. I'll see to it that they're well taken care of." The comms were cut off, and Ariel took her seat in the command center. A look over at one of the monitors and she swore, Ariel swore she saw her mother. The woman turned away from the screen and chewed on the inside of her cheek. Re-education, the word popped into her mind, the people captured should any remain, would simply be, re-educated for the purpose of service.

KEfn1TD.png

Ariel made sure that TIllian's response was heard by the entirety of her fleet. Thankfully they were all very well disciplined and would follow all directions given to them to the letter. Again her calm and collected tone was eerily reminiscent of Fiolette when she was commanding her fleets in battle, he couldn't help the slight smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth with the memories of flying under Fio's command.

The bit about the League he wasn't sure he agreed with, in fact he was sure he didn't agree with the sentiment, though he could understand where she was coming from with her views. Being raised as she was and based on her experiences it would be hard to not draw the parallel that she had in this case. In time she would learn that not all within the League were as brusque as TIllian. Even then he didn't have any personal qualms with Tillian as a person it was simply the fact of if you asked someone to pick between a random person they just met and family, where their loyalties would fall. For him, it would always be with family whether adopted or blood.

"Roger. They will be given plenty of room when extracting and as soon as they are gone I will be happy to help with making sure the remaining Eclipse ships are nothing but debris before we jump out of the system ma'am. Granted my fighter doesn't have room for passengers, but they are free to hold onto the wing and I'll try to drag 'em back to the hangar without killin' them too much." Ariel cut comms and he went back to monitoring his HUD for any stragglers, not that anything had managed to approach the Sloane thus far.

Tides of Change

OEAxHJz.png

Tags: Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl | Mishel Mishel | Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl | Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural | Saram Kote Saram Kote | Westenra Mina Westenra Mina
Objective 2: Umbra Actual
Assaulting the Eclipse on KAZARAK...

DPFKiwm.png

9uq4FJV.png
Fireteam Junda was quick to destroy the sniper nest, sending rubble and flames rolling down the parapet and crashing into the dust below. With the sharpshooter out of the way, Elias waved the rest of his team through the wall and into the courtyard. The interior was just as chaotic as the approach. Out of the frying pan…

A volley of blasterfire came their way from windows, scaffolding, distant turret nests - anywhere the Eclipse rats could hide and shoot from. Elias held off several of the bolts, and his fellow Jedi doing the same. They wouldn’t last for long without support, though.

The Mandalorians!” Elias yelled to no one in particular. “We need those commandos!

He hoped that Saram Kote Saram Kote would come through, but even if not, the Force would not fail them today. Elias stood his ground and deflected bolt after bolt, giving the Leage troopers enough room to return fire.

They’d push through, one way or another.

Last edited:

Saram Kote

Strill Securities Al'verde

Strill-Post-Banner.png

x88aQrk.png
Tag(s): Elias Edo Elias Edo | Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl | Westenra Mina Westenra Mina | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl | Mishel Mishel | Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

Equipment​

HUD systems linked by the Manda battlenet and the warriors behind them fighting alongside one another only as seamlessly as those that had done so for as long as they had, Davaab squad were quick, quiet and lethal. As the Rimward Trade League fought inch by inch to reach the compound wall, their unseen Mandalorian commando guardians reaped a terrible toll on the Eclipse. Of course, there were so shabla many of them that to a less veteran team of commandos it might almost seem like a pointless expenditure of ammunition.

Whisper quiet, deadly Verpine shatter weapons hummed quietly, an unheard chorus among the cacophony of the battlefield as the veteran rammikade of Davaab squad expertly conducted their deadly routine. Every commando picked up the other's slack as they paused to swap magazines and pwoer cells. By her count, they were roughtly a third into their combat load. Resupply was close at hand, but momentum was key. If they slowed, that was time their enemy could use to their advantage. "Do we have a plan for getting the others in?" asked Ran as he paused to insert a new magazine into his rifle's receiver.

"Actually, the Jetii do, and it's about the best news I've heard all day," admitted Saram as a smile flickered across her face, pleasantly surprised to see the fire mission that had been called in. Rav's gunship's targeting suite's targeting solution appeared as an overlay on her HUD, her armor's HUD flashing a warning to keep clear that was generated by her beskar'gam's Manda module.

The words had barely left her mouth when a quartet of missiles impacted against the reinforced exterior wall, quite literally making a hole for the advance to continue. Saram would have praised Rav for the shot, if she didn't know that it was the Getna's targeting systems did the work. The Jetii and the troops under their command began advancing through the hole into the compound, but Saram didn't need her armor's suite of sensors to be able to see that there was still too much incoming fire. Something had to be done. She had to do something.

"Okay, Davaab, it's time to make some noise," she said as she swapped magazines for one loaded with high explosive incendiary armor piercing rounds. "Janar, Anila, Viraen Vikhar and I are on turret duty. Ran, you, Ragar and Rusana give the other shabuire a reason to keep their heads down, take a few of them off if you can. Oya manda,vode!"

A chorus of "oya" answered her. Anila however, couldn't stop there. "Thought you'd never ask!" never one to miss the opportunity to deliver a sharp response when she could. Eight commandos leapt into the air on invisible wings of fire before near silent repulsors took over to conserve the expensive fuel used by their hybrid repulsor-rocket packs.

Thanks to her HUD-linked optic, Saram didn't need to bring her rifle up as she and Davaab rocketed over the wall, slowing to a mid-arc hover only to use their momentary altitude advantage to aid target acquisition. Years of honed skill, instinct and some of the best kit credits could buy all came together as she squeezed the trigger. Her rifle coughed, a single high-caliber HEIAP round that exploded on the relatively unarmored main housing of one of the support weapon turrets in what to Eclipse's credit was a well-hidden turret nest. The penetrator must have punched right through the gun because Saram's enhanced reactions enabled her to just about catch a spray of vitae errupting from the gunner behind it.

As explosions from launched grenades and
Striilir'ika-class brilliant micro-missiles mushroomed across Eclipse positions, Saram caught three more explosions in the Eclipse's turret nest, one distinctly larger and almost definitely from a Striilir-class brilliant missile fired from Anila's ML-04 missile launcher. The other two were almost certainly from Janar's A-02 verpine shatter autocannon and Viraen's AMR-4M verpine shatter anti-materiel rifle. The throaty stacatto of Vikhar's RR-03 Repeating Ripper.

Eight cloaked Mandalorians threatened to fade into view as they landed among the RTL personnel. All eight flickered into view as cloaking devices flickered off and shields winked on in their place. Using what little they had of the element of suprise, augmented by the shock value of heavily armed, armored Mandalorians seemingly suddenly appearing out of nowhere to keep up their thus far deadly coordinated fire. Saram's rifle coughed twice more before her now forward focused shields absorbed a quartet of stray bolts.

"Right with you, Master Jedi," said Saram, tilting her helmet in Elias Edo Elias Edo 's direction for a brief moment before she continued to return fire. It took some effort to resist calling him Jetii, but even with adrenaline pumping, she managed to muster the effort to call him by the considerably more respectable and accepted, "Master Jedi". Five rounds left in the magazine. That was fine, she doubted Eclipse's attempt to repulse their attack in the courtyard would last long now that the others were going to have a chance to return fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom