Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Obsidian Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
VisTop.jpg
Obsidian Star

spora_alien_ship_by_angelitoon_d57934v-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:
To create a unique ship for Kyyrk Kyyrk , for use in future submissions and role-playing.
Image Source: [x]
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer:
Confederacy of Independent Systems / Visanj T’shkali
Affiliation: Closed-Market ( Kyyrk Kyyrk )
Model: “Obsidian Star”, Destrier-class Courier (Custom Edition)
Production: Unique
Material(s):
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification:
Multipurpose Courier
Length: 100m
Width: 50m
Height: 48m
Armament: High
Defenses: High
Hangar Space: None
Hangar Allocations:

• Starfighters: 0 Squadrons
  • Support Craft: 0 squadrons
Maneuverability Rating: Very High
Speed Rating: Very High
Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast

STANDARD FEATURES:
ADVANCED SYSTEMS:
Command System:

Computer System:
Communications & Sensor Systems:
Powerplant:
Hyperdrive System:
Life Support Systems:
Landing System:
Probe Deployment Systems:
Security Systems:
Onboard Maintenance Systems:
Propulsion & Avionics:
Stealth Package:
Countermeasures:
Onboard Assistant:
Miscellaneous:
STRENGTHS:
  • Excellent stealth capabilities combine together with uncanny agility and terrific speeds to make this one of the fastest, sneakiest, and most nimble ships going. If you plan on catching this thing, you might want to make other plans. Only the fasted ships and most potent military-grade sensors have any real hope of running this ship down or even noticing it.
  • Fearsome weapons, though few in number, offer devastating hitting power, and taken with the increased shielding, the Obsidian Star is much tougher and stronger in a fight than standard issue Destriers.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Despite its impressive armament, it still lacks the firepower and combat stamina to last too long in a prolonged battle with most larger, more heavily-armed vessels. So while it can handle a brief dust-up, if things start getting turned up, a wise captain would be setting a course out of there!
  • The many advanced and somewhat rare systems included in this design are not easily repaired from serious damage by your average techs or repair droids, and if too badly damaged, repairs of that magnitude will require retreat to dedicated facilities with specialized equipment, making battlefield repairs nearly out of the question.
DESCRIPTION:

For the leader of the Knights Obsidian, Visanj envisioned something a bit more ‘special’ than just the standard Destrier-class Courier, and thus the Obsidian Star was born.

Made with powerful hull and terrific shield systems, the Obsidian Star has much more defensive capabilities than the average courier ship, able to withstand inordinate amounts of punishment and continue to operate as normal. Then, additional weaponry was added, sacrificing cargo space to make room, and giving this ship the kind of firepower than enables a captain to hold their ground against an entire swarm of starfighters, flotillas of tough patrol ships, or even to bite back against a frigate or cruiser with some serious teeth if needed. And as far as speed goes, this ship has it in spades. Powerful gypsy engines make travel fast and smooth, and can enable acrobatic maneuvering unheard of in other ships.

Couple this with the full-course luxury and styling you have come to expect from its creator, from expensive laroon wood paneling to steaming hot tubs and more, and the Obsidian Star is easily the ideal chariot for the Confederacy’s First Knight.

teal123.png

Hello again! Problems has been sighted!

NECESSARY CHANGES!

Please link the Courier Model.

Also you are two ratings above! Please lower by two! The base of a Hanger Bay does not count when Average for 100 meters means 0!

Math if asked:
Unique: -4
Armaments: High 1 (-3)
Defenses: High (-2)
Hanger Allocation: Base/Average 0 (-2)
Maneuverability: Very High 2 (0)
Speed: Very High 2 (2)
Hyperdrive: Very Fast (I like a weakness please)
Total Rating: 2 Above

Also I suggest adding a weakness for the hyperdrive.

Let me know when you have done what is necessary and balance the ratings.
Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

You wrote:
Hello again! Problems has been sighted!

NECESSARY CHANGES!

Please link the Courier Model.

Also you are two ratings above! Please lower by two! The base of a Hanger Bay does not count when Average for 100 meters means 0!

Math if asked:
Unique: -4
Armaments: High 1 (-3)
Defenses: High (-2)
Hanger Allocation: Base/Average 0 (-2)
Maneuverability: Very High 2 (0)
Speed: Very High 2 (2)
Hyperdrive: Very Fast (I like a weakness please)
Total Rating: 2 Above

Also I suggest adding a weakness for the hyperdrive.

Let me know when you have done what is necessary and balance the ratings.

In response:

The Destrier-class Courier is indeed linked, beneath "Primary Sources", as this is the base model used in this submission.

As for the 'balancing' of the ratings, I give you the Spreadsheet Tool:
os-png.354

Now, if you look, I have applied the very same ratings here, however I set "Hangar Capacity" as "High", as that is the lowest setting the spreadsheet allows but also higher than the ratings used here, and you can still see this is "A little underpowered". You will notice that hyperdrive is not used in this spreadsheet, but a rating of 'very high' constitutes a -1 point rating, which would actually balance this submission. In fact, I am balanced.

Weaknesses are sufficient as they now state. There is no requirement calling for a specific weakness for a 'very fast' hyperdrive.

Thank you for reviewing this, I appreciate your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom