Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion No Stone Unturned | EE Dominon of Batva

Objective 3: Base Camp
Current Objective: Rendezvous with surface research team.
Equipment:
KC -95 Blaster Pistol
2x Flash bang Grenade
1x Smoke Grenade
Current Time: 16 hours before planet - logged sundown.
Flagship: Adjudicator class Star Destroyer Ember Cresent

One of the first things Stirric had noticed about Batva's atmosphere was the wind. The gales had appeared to move with an almost certain purpose - seemingly as though it were a being capable of such conscious thought. Even despite his apprehension, Stirric had been quick to attach a degree of beauty to its simplicity. Its strength, however, proved an opposing theory.

The impact of the shrill winds battered at the admiral's frame- the badges that adorned his uniform swiftly transformed into ammunition akin to that of a deadly wind chime as it scratched at his aged flesh beneath his uniform's fabric.

Instinctively, Stirric had lurched forward and clutched at his chest. Moreso to eliminate the excess spacing rather than for any measure of comfort. Slowly, he began his descent from the shuttle ramp.

There had been no mention of any foul conditions included within the scouts' initial reports. Nor was it included with the most recent data updates. Perhaps the entire eco system of Batva had been constructed with many pocket climates, or perhaps the landing of his shuttle had led to a considerable change in the planet's weather. If that was the case, Stirric desperately hoped it was only a temporary feature.

"I really, really, hate planets" Stirric grumbled to himself in a low tone as his left boot made contact with the dirt landing zone before him. For the first time since exiting the shuttle, his gaze observed the small garrison of soldiers snapped to attention at a perfectly balanced flank on each side of the shuttle ramp. Among them, was Targryn.

The Ultranaught commander's face was a lanyrinth of scars and dirt flakes. His skin was bright crimson and it took Stirric a few moments to attribute the affect to the high winds.

'Well, least I didn't bring the chit show with me' Stirric thought as his own face warmed to a sincere grin.

"Commander, sorry to have kept you. How are things down here?"

"As well as can be sir!" The commander began before conceding a microscopic flinch as though struck by an invisible hand.
He continued.
"With all due respect Admiral, I'd sooner give my report out of this forsaken storm!" The commander's reply was as coarse as it was loud. Not quite combat level but enough to be heard across the distance.

Stirric chuckled at that. He hadn't fully expected to hear the man across the landing. That was good.
'Not deaf quite yet old timer', he mused.

"Then by all means commander, Let's not waste another moment!"

Steve the Ultranaught

S
Q2XcJmP.png

Objective: Keep Watch Over The Construction Site

Steve turned around and even though the guard’s face was obscured, Steve that the new guard was UC-4162. UC-4162 was informally known as Allen, and for reasons nobody could understand, believed nothing anyone told him unless he saw it for himself. If nothing else though, at least Allen was not outright rude.

Steve looked back into his macrobinoculars. He had lost track of the moving shadow. Grumbling to himself, Steve tried adjusting a focusing dial on the side of the device. Still no luck.
“Seeing much out there?” Allen asked. Since Steve did not really want another unnecessary argument, he decided to not completely tell the truth. “Not really. Just a bunch of dirt blowing around in the wind. Honestly, it feels like depressing commentary on existence.” Allen considered this response for a second. “Huh. If that is all you see out there, than why are you concentrating on it so hard?” Evidently, Steve was not succeeding so far He decided to just tell the truth. “Well, I thought I saw something, but it’s gone now.” Allen considered giving some sort of snarky reply, but decided not to. Steve decided to just forget about the odd shadow.

A few minutes passed in silence. During these few minutes, a scout ship entered the airspace of the construction zone. However, something seemed wrong with the scout ship. It seemed to be rapidly shedding parts, and one of its engines was clearly damaged. The winds of the planet were rapidly causing it to spin off course, heading straight for the flimsy guard tower Steve and Allen were stationed in. Steve frantically used his standard issue commlink to alert the base commander about the incoming ship.
“Commander, this is Corporal UC-4158 reporting from guard tower C-706. There is an incoming scout ship which is heavily damaged and out of control. It appears to heading on a collision course with the tower I am stationed in, and by extension the construction zone. Permission to evacuate all workers?”

Before Steve could hear the commander’s response, the scout ship rammed into the flimsy tower, cutting the top section clean off, with the two Ultranaughts still inside, clinging desperately to the side railings. The section landed on the other side of the 25 meter tall perimeter wall surrounding the base camp. (Plus the height of the 10 meter tall tower, this means they fell approximately 35 meters.) after the fall (and an uncertain amount of time unconscious), Steve woke up and felt an extremely sharp and stinging pain in his right side. Clearly, this day was not going very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

“Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.”
Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi, Knight Warden

Lightsaber / Winter Ring of the Snow Moon
WxWe797.png

Objective: Investigate The Source
Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim / Niransh Binzra

dRUm20K.png

Only a few steps behind me, the soldiers walked in a defensive pattern, with the two scientists in the center. The two were engaged in a conversation, purposely using scientific terms to prevent us from learning what we were really doing down here. I can tell the soldiers were annoyed by the scientists, and in truth, so was I. Without us to protect and support these blokes, they would have probably taken a wrong turn by now, ending up in something's belly; or walking around in circles until they collapsed of hunger, thirst, and exhaustion. They didn't respect our purpose for being here, and the soldiers didn't respect them period. I felt at some point I needed to have a discussion with the Overseer, Director Mihaly, about the manners of those employed by her.

Suddenly, and without warning, a tremble in the Force manifested. It lasted no longer than a breath, but I felt it none-the-less. I raised my arm, my hand balled into a fist, signaling the troops to halt. Almost at once, came the protests from the scientists. I whipped my head around, my eyes staring them into silence. I gave the order to stand down, and I moved further along alone. Crouching down, I stretched out into the Force, feeling nothing. This was odd, since the reason we were down here, or so we were told, was to search for an energy well. My first thought was this: was it possible this energy source could, dare I even think it, mask itself in the Force? I could do it. It was a technique some Force users adopted, for several reasons, and not every reason was for good causes. This disturbed me minorly if this was the case. Another thought: what if it wasn't an energy source at all, but some undiscovered entity; or worse yet, a collective of undiscovered entities? Was there an unknown danger lurking in the deep?

I jogged back the team. First, I gave strict instructions to everyone, especially the scientists, to remain here for now; then I chose two soldiers to accompany me deeper into the tunnel to investigate before the entire team moved forward. An uneasy feeling was creeping into my stomach, and I didn't like it.

WxWe797.png

"I think you already know that I never call anyone by their first name, at least not in public circumstances, Colonel!"

Beltran nodded, he had indeed figured that it was unlikely that Ingrid would speak so informally to him-but he had wanted to give her the option. There was a part of him that felt odd still being called Colonel now that he was, technically, a civilian. Perhaps it was some kind of residual guilt that he had, leaving the Rangers after all these years-knowing that there were still more battles for them to fight. Still, it was a title he had earned during his time as a soldier and truth was, he didn't like the prospect of being called Mr. Rarr any better than Ingrid did.

"Fair enough," He said as he followed her. "Colonel will do for the time being." He hadn't ruled out the possibility of obtaining a title of some kind within the Empire, but he wanted to understand the system of government and how all the working parts fit together before he delved into it.

As they moved away from the base camp, Beltran fell silent. He wasn't naturally much of a talker and he also wanted to be able to hear, in case some unknown entity tried to lay a trap for them.

"I also have no problem answering your questions as we move towards the unknown place," Ingrid's words broke the silence.

"Very well," Beltran said slowly, taking a moment to formulate his thoughts. "I've come to agree with your overall intent. Without the Force, the level of destruction wrought by the opposing forces of the galaxy would be greatly mitigated. That being said, the Jedi teach that the Force comes from life itself. If it were to be killed, as you put it, then what effect would that have on the living beings in the galaxy? Can life exist without the Force?"

This question was the crux of his hesitation to follow Ingrid. If life could exist without the Force, then only those who were sensitive to it would be effected. Even if that effect was death, even if millions across the galaxy suffered that effect, Beltran could understand the need for it-if it meant saving so many more. But if life itself was what created the Force, and if conversely to kill the Force would be to kill all life...well Beltran wasn't about to jump aboard that ship.

He knew from his experiences with Ingrid in the past that the woman had a deep understanding of the Force. Deeper, he suspected, than many of the Jedi or even the Sith he'd known. If anyone would have an answer to that question, or at least know of a way of finding out, it would be her.

With his question asked, he settled back into his characteristic silence. How, or if, Ingrid answered his question would be the deciding factor on whether he agreed to join her on her quest.

"The source of the anomaly seems to have found us and invited us to herself. It was a female voice. We're soldiers, Colonel. Let's get ready that this is a trap. Let's go ahead and follow the "energy", the centre will be the one who we're looking for."

Ingrid's words brought Beltran back to the present. He nodded his agreement and opened himself to the Force, using it to sharpen his senses as well as his extrasensory awareness. He could feel the strange energy pulsing somewhere deep in the caverns. It was almost like a beacon. Or, as he thought on it, perhaps it was a beacon. Something sent intentionally to bring someone sensitive to the Force here.

"I'm ready," He told the red-haired woman as they moved closer to the source.

Last edited:

THRIVE
pDrQqwv.png
ZITUwBW.png

Equipment: Powered Wheelchair, Enviroweave Blanket, Haywire I Armor over Viper Mk. I Skinsuit, Dark Purple pair of Wrist Dazzlers, 7 Whimsy Knives
Companions: 1 Wolf Boi
Objective: Thrive

Iridescent green eyes stared out of the viewport, hand kept busy by the robotic companion that sat beside her. The soft whir of gears and electronics at work nearing a comforting level as the droid kept itself listening to everything inside and outside the room.

The past few years a struggle all there own at trying everything to quicken the process of awakening the revitalized nerve connections in her back and legs.

She hadn't traveled with her mother for this. Hadn't wanted to be a burden on the team going down to explore and root out the new and exciting things while she was still bound to the mobile chair. A bitter taste in her mouth at the admission as her other hand fiddled along the blade she always had about her.

A sort of security blanket as she watched the surface for a while longer.

The cold metal shifted beneath her hand, eventually drawing her gaze as the droid stood before her and nuzzled into her lap. An oddity drawing her attention as the feeling of weight settled on her. A feeling she could acknowledge in her legs.

The static feeling slowly filtering into her hips as her chin dropped to the droid in surprise and baited breath.

"Stand up." Fel spoke sharply. Wolf shaped eyes watched her in questioning silence before eventually complying to her wish and standing before her.

The knife was sheathed, both hands extending to pull the droid a bit closer to her. Hands shaking with hope and desperation as she steadied them on either side of its head.

"Don't move." Instructions with a sharp tone daring the droid to deviate as she pulled and dared to hope. A tightness in her hips as muscles she thought forgotten strained beneath effort. The signals from her brain causing further strain as she sorted through what she was feeling.

The droid gave a sharp and worried grumble of a noise that she replied to with a sharp hiss of dismissal.

She had to try. To capture the feeling and let it grow rather than err on caution. Her hands tried to find purchase in some joint or exposed plate as her grip began to slip against her weight. The chair complaining at the awkward motion without being locked in.

Batva Narrator

B
XKGxaSs.png

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Arturo Braga Arturo Braga Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Ladybug Ladybug
Location: Batvadan Village Located Close to Lift Being Used by EE Forces; Batva

For years, Shraken's tribe has lived in the subterranean river valley fishing along the river and farming fungi on its banks. They were one of the more agrarian tribes of the Batvadans living outside of Lachbroch. Shraken hardly knew of what this Lachbroch was. She had only heard rumors passed between the tribes that lived even deeper in the caverns than his when wanderers from those tribes came in and were not killed by his kin and neighbors.

While out foraging, Shraken's large pointed ears heard noises coming from far off in the distance. The sounds were strange clanging sounds, and other noises that sounded like they came from something's voice. However, he could not understand what he assumed were voices. Two voices sounded louder than others and kept happening after each other. Shraken quickly gathered up what remaining Aurspriit he could into the large basket made from a hollowed out Akhiliikh chitin segment and quickly sprinted to his village of primtive hovels along the river banks.

Shraken had heard stories of others from above coming below. These new sounds might be them, or more of them. Though Shraken wanted to stay alive, and so he ran as fast as his spindly legs and hunched over physique could carry him despite his kind's blindness. Upon making it to the village, he only ran into a large rock once in his hurried retreat back home.

WxWe797.png

Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi

With the source of the force radiation sensed by those sensative to the force inviting Ingrid to her, and being felt by Ro-Tahn and others on the planet, it suddenly lessens as soon as it pulsates. The beacon somewhat felt by Ingrid and Beltran begins to dim, in a way. Though this sensation in the force is still present, and certainly comes from something very powerful.

Out of those that feel it though, it is only down below where it is felt more. As it dissipates, it merely becomes background noise for Ro-Tahn rather than a direct blast of energy. Almost like a fog in the force. It is clear that he is getting closer, though the direction is not as notable. Meanwhile, for Ingrid and Beltran, the beacon feeling is there, though more obscure and dimmed. There is a general field below the airless surface of the planet where the beginnings of the Eternal Empire's colony is being constructed.

OOC Note: The lessening of the feeling is not a deliberate effort by Niransh, but rather a result of her going to sleep after her using her magic enhanced force powers to communicate to Ingrid after straining her abilities by reading general thoughts from the other forces on the planet. It is still there due to her spending centuries enhancing her ability to control the minds of the other Batvadans. The beacon is less of her, and more of Lachbroch itself with her thralls milling about with constant labor that they were ordered telepathically by their witch queen overlord. For those underground, especially force senstivies, there is a feeling of being watched in the back of their minds as they have become closer to Niransh's presence.

Q2XcJmP.png

Tags: Steve the Ultranaught Stirric Vetch Stirric Vetch

Reports of a recon team of contracted workers, as well as the Overseer of Scientific Development having her own escapade, were going into the depths of the subterranean world were coming in. Construction, for the most part, was going smoothly. In protective suits, archeologists were digging in the blackened sand-like soil outisde the construction zone in an effort to descern the anomolous ridge patterns that exist around the compound. There were also rumors of another building far off from the construction zone that a few archeologists have been waiting around what parts of the comound that have been constructed already in hopes of getting clearance to venture into the wilderness of the surface, as dangerous as such a mission would be. The buzz of activity of that structure coming from how it is possibly the only intact structure above the surface of the planet.

However, an incident as one of the security towers has caused some alarm as a crash landing took place in the outer edge of the construction zone. Luckily none of the existing structures of the base camp of an EE colony were damaged, however progess on additional structures has been slowed substantially as a result. Miraculously, only worker droids were damaged aside from the structures, and not any living people present were injured or killed in the crash.

However, midday approaches this region of Batva. Well, as close as day can get on the dark world. The lack of atmosphere makes for a paradoxical sky. As stary as night, yet the eerie white light from the white dwarf star that Batva orbits comes down brighter than earlier. The temperatures soar with midday, yet the protective suits given to the guards, workers, archeologists, or anyone in the outdoor portions of the construction zone made the rise in heat bareable, and far less deadly than without them. The shadows on the ridges shrink as the sun chases them away, while the horizon of the dead surface remains silent and eerily calm outside the construction zone.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
WxWe797.png
Objective: Investigate the event | Find the Source
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Writing With: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi | Niransh Binzra | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Just Inside my Head ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

"Thank you!" she replied with a smile.

It was easier for her, too, to really call the man a colonel. After all, Beltran may no longer have been a soldier, but no one could take away the merits he gained at that time. And Ingrid admitted what he had done earlier. However, she respected the man so much that she was not offered a military position in the Eternal Empire or wanted to persuade him to join. The woman respected free will and was fond of being able to make one their own decisions. She trusted that if the man had such ambitions, he would mention them in the future.

Ingrid smiled at the question for a moment, then frowned and nodded seriously. The best question, but fortunately the answer to that, is what sets them apart from the Dark Side and most importantly the Sith. Luckily, she didn’t have to lie about it on this issue because the completely honest answer was the best. It also showed that she was different, with a different mindset than those she was fighting against.

"I was expecting this question, and I know it is of the greatest concern. The former emperor believes it does no harm to life. After all, we can see Force nullification technologies or species. These do not kill those on whom these are used." she explained. "However, I have my doubts and concerns, yes. That’s also one of the reasons we haven’t really made big steps yet. I won’t let anyone do anything until I get scientific evidence that we won’t kill half the galaxy with it. It is not my intention to carry out a genocide or to sacrifice peoples or ethnic groups. Force nullification just blocks something and doesn’t destroy it, so I have concerns. I’m sure the Netherworld will be destroyed if we do that. But that would also prevent demons or Sith from returning. But life itself? I hope we get an answer to that soon. I can promise, if the plan cannot be carried out without sacrifices, I will not do it. Otherwise, we would not be better than what we are fighting against. And most factions and nations fall into this very mistake and become the same as their enemies. I don't want to do the same mistake."

In the end, she turned to the man and looked into his eyes. Although her body language did not reveal much about her intentions, her eyes were tell-tale. She did not lie, did not try to deceive or mislead the man. The red-haired woman told the truth.

Ingrid also felt the pulsation weaken, she didn't know the reason, maybe because they had been invited and it was no longer necessary for others to come. However, she had an unpleasant feeling about it. It was not the Force, but rather her instincts, her experiences, after all she spent more than three hundred years as an assassin, agent, spy, and soldier, so these whispered to her these feelings. That's why she paid even more attention to her surroundings as they progressed. The Empress didn't say anything now, if they had to talk, she did it telepathically.

Since she already felt where to go, she did not lose sight of the signal. It was moving at a fairly fast pace, but not so much that it was impossible to react if something was happening in their environment. Ingrid wanted to get to where the source came from as soon as possible. With the quick movement, she also wanted to prevent a possible raid if the person who invited them might have thought something like that would kill them before they arrived.

~ We're approaching. ~ she said in a telepathic way.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

5Mmjpfm8eYk_3LJ5qRBCCFcQv6ywVbzL_Y7sOdkSVNQ3dnazkL9vFRbPyfaJ34Q36LA8WfAEgBB9btamqMEq7FsRB6jiS-JxrNQIMFFv_zzjFFBtBkBe_tty3TmX07ZY8oPGCuBm
Objective: I - Into the Depths
Tags: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ladybug Ladybug Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Batva Narrator

The swoop ace listened intently to the mercenary’s briefing, taking the offered datapad in the process and poring it over with a focused glint in her cyan eyes. Always prepared, she had studied much of the material a few nights before, gaining a better understanding of what Batva was, along with the world’s mysterious natives. Going underground was indeed a new prospect for the diminutive Twi’lek, but at the very least, she took immense comfort in the fact that she was working with her girlfriend. With both of their divergent career paths, such opportunities were rare.

Fortunately, this time, the stars had aligned in their favor.

Handing the datapad back to the mercenary, Eleena nodded to the other scout, before settling her feet into the holds and accelerating deeper into the cavern.

Flying down the trail at a good pace, though not nearly at full throttle, Eleena took in the colorful, bioluminescent plant life around her, knowing that Trinity would undoubtedly have much to study and marvel over in this new world. After seeing a glowing, alabaster plant of some undiscovered variety, she was reminded of the rose her girlfriend had engineered and designed, specifically for her. It had been presented to her after the Harvest Festival, to which Eleena had almost cried upon seeing it, along with the HoloNet page it had on the galactic plant database.

The Blushed Eleena Rose.

At the thought, Eleena blushed under her helmet in turn, a smile crossing her lips as she continued down along the trail. However, even at this speed, Eleena’s eyes were sharp and she immediately picked up a whip of movement in the corner of her eye, to which the Twi’lek slammed the brakes, bringing her bike to a sudden halt. Was that one of the enlarged insect creatures she had read about before arriving? Eleena thought that it was, but it just as easily could have been something else, perhaps a creature more innocent.

“Did you see that, Sallow? I’m gonna report that in.” Then, pressing a button on her OmniLink, the swoop ace switched her channel back to the group. “Reporting possible…large insect sightings along the trail leading to the river. Advising caution, they look fast.” Eleena said. “Warrant Officer Salwa, out.” She finished with a deep breath, still scanning her surroundings as she did.

“Right. Let’s keep moving, Sallow. The river isn’t far.”

Then, their engines giving a humming whine, the two scouts set off once more, venturing ever deeper into the uncharted depths.

Overseer for Imperial Scientific Development

XKGxaSs.png

Riding: Phantom
Accompanied by: Plushee Companion Droid
Wearing: Guarderma Bio-suit
Ship: Luminary class light explorer exchanging crew space for biolabs
Adobe-Post-20210822-1242520-38650126531551476.png

Tags:
Arturo Braga Arturo Braga
Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera
Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa
Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a
Ladybug Ladybug

Standing right in front of Arturo Braga Arturo Braga as he announced what and honour it was to be escorting them, and covered only by her transparent shield visor, if her could read her smile, it was a smile that said 'you sarcastic fether'. She liked him already, she wasn't one for all this pettiness.

"Thank you director, we are ready to proceed, your scouting information matches our own preliminary work but the extra detail is invaluable and I certainly wouldn't want to have the wrong creatures catch me with my pants down either" she gave a little wink to the gathered soldiers.

She watched the Director speak to Eleena and she sped off into the caves with her wingmate. Trinity put her hand to her ear and switched to Eleena's channel. Lowering her voice so the other soldiers would nothear "You look good my little queen, stay safe out there will you. I would hate to see you lost down here." she was glad for these moments that they could snatch together.

So time to move put then, the data from the scouts was filling the map up quickly, the cave system dropped quite quickly downward once they left the meeting point, the first obstacle was a small drop, no more than eight feet vertically onto a lower level that continued on. She wished she was on a repulsor now herself as the ground was rugged and uneven, hard work for the scientist. She watched the soldiers take it in their stride and pushed herself to match, her plans to complete basic training would go easier if she took cues from these more experienced types. An eerie light filled the air as they descended, clusters of glowing plants clung to the surfaces and Trinity began to take samples. The scientist she had scorned earlier looked on with derision, apparently picking mushrooms was beneath them.

'Hmm, this one seems edible, unusual for a lumiscent variety.' She thought to herself, extremely high sugar content, tartaric acid content, oh wow. "any of you lot like sour candy and want a taste? I assure you it's safe to eat, but it might turn your mouth inside out." she picked several slightly blue glowing mushroom bodied and held them out in her hand to the soldiers "who is in?" by Trinity's calculations, anyone bold enough would find the small head of mushroom melt in their mouth, but taste like the sourest sour candy they ever tried.

Her apparently rival now, looked on again and rolled his eyes. "oh come on, foraging for mushrooms is a practice from millions of cultures, live a little."

Still going, despite everything.
XKGxaSs.png

Objective: Exploration
Tags: Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Ladybug Ladybug
Kit: The Wolfhound, KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Mark. I

Arturo kept close to Sil as the group navigated their way through the winding, nauseatingly complex network of tunnels. With a squad of contractors before and behind, their was little to be worried about. He worried anyway, of course. For the scouts. For the ever-playful Doctor Harris. Mostly, though, he worried for Sil.

It was never good when she got to reminiscing of her time as a slave. Usually it meant trouble. For him, and for anyone or anything that reminded the twi'lek of her painful history. Arturo stepped closer to her as if by instinct; offering a shoulder to lean on, so to speak. "Don't go apologizing to me, Sil. There's no need for it," the contractor said gently, his voice cool but far from cold. "If you want to go back, I understand. If you want to come with, well, I understand that, too." Smiling, he stepped away. "No-one here's forcing you to do anything, Sil. Least of all me. I hope you know that."

Coming to a drop in the tunnel, Arturo took the opportunity to take a look around. With the rear guard pulling security and the scientists clambering down at a snail's pace, he had ample time to study the tunnels they found themselves in. And boy was he surprised by what he saw. "Ever seen anything like this before?" Brasidas, one of the contractors under his command, asked. Arturo nodded. "Once or twice. Never on this scale, though."

No. No, he had never seen a cave so well lit by bioluminescent mushrooms before. Chit, even the stone itself seemed to glow. Or at least the stalactite protruding from the ceiling did. Shaking his head in wonder, Arturo began to make his way down, stopping only to help Sil -not that she needed it- and a few of the more elderly scientists down the steep incline.

Couldn't have the bastards falling to their deaths now, could he?

“Reporting possible…large insect sightings along the trail leading to the river. Advising caution, they look fast.” Eleena said. “Warrant Officer Salwa, out.”

"You heard the woman. Eyes and ears open, people!"

"any of you lot like sour candy and want a taste? I assure you it's safe to eat, but it might turn your mouth inside out."

Stepping over to Doctor Harris, Arturo did his best not to interfere as the young prodigy fawned over what looked a lot like a cluster of mushrooms. Shiny blue mushrooms. His eyes widening slightly in puzzlement, Arturo took a step back as Trinity turned to address his men, edibles in hand. "Live a little," she challenged. Arturo saw a few of his men -and one of his women- begin to rise at her words. A look from him put that idea to rest, though.

No, someone else had to do it. Someone who wasn't an associate.

"How about it, T? ( Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a ) Doc here's looking to run a little experiment. Not gonna let her down, are you?"

5Mmjpfm8eYk_3LJ5qRBCCFcQv6ywVbzL_Y7sOdkSVNQ3dnazkL9vFRbPyfaJ34Q36LA8WfAEgBB9btamqMEq7FsRB6jiS-JxrNQIMFFv_zzjFFBtBkBe_tty3TmX07ZY8oPGCuBm

Objective One: Learn why it's a bad idea to eat weird shizzle
Equipment: Rifle, Sword, Magnetic Thermal Detonators, Thermite Explosives, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Carbine
Tags: S Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera | Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Trinity Harris Trinity Harris | Ladybug Ladybug | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

Tovald never was a picky eater, sure there are foods he will not eat even if someone paid him 5 million Credits to do so but, he promised himself that he would be more adventurous in what he tries. Although, being wary kept him alive for longer than most in his profession. Hence why he takes a moment to eye the mushrooms held by Trinity, should he just try it because it is different, or decline?

They glow a bit as if tempting the Ubese to take a bite, he took his eyes off them, nor willing to give in to the curiosity that has begun to chant in his head in a quietly provocative little voice, it says ''Eat Me.'' In repeating calls. The itch was there to just grab one and eat it. They say the more you don't think about something, the more you think about it.

He turned back to the scientists, all the while side-eying the mushrooms, the want of trying them began to wear his resolve down, he knows better than to eat weird shizzle that he doesn't know what it is. He had to spend all day in bed with anti-acid tablets. His mum was not pleased with him.

Soon he decided to sample them just to stop that ''eat me'' chant in his head because it always wins out in the end, he took a bite and his mind came to a screeching halt as the sourness hit him, that was stupid, he was stupid. Gods that taste is sour, no not just sour, an overpoweringly nasty sort of sour.

He spat it out and held the mushroom at an arm's length, clearly regretting what he did, 100%. His eyes were running, and he wanted that taste to go away, his cheeks burned with the embarrassment of it all, what would the others think?

<"UGH!"> He hissed, with venomous disgust as he chucked it away.

Last edited:
Current Objective: Rendezvous with surface research team.
Equipment:
KC -95 Blaster Pistol
2x Flash bang Grenade
1x Smoke Grenade
Current time: 16 hours before planet - logged sundown.
Flagship: Adjudicator class Star Destroyer.

All told, it hadn't taken too long for Stirric and his escort to reach the designated base camp. It had taken even less time for the foul winds to die down to a far more tolerable level to which Stirric had initially assumed was due, in part, to the sheltering structures imposed around the base's grounds. Ultimately, however, he didn't care so much as to how the effect had lessened- he only cared that it had.

Shortly after his arrival, Targryn had strode purposely towards a mixed cluster of men and women alike. They were not dressed in the traditional military uniform but instead wore a clash of protective overalls and enviro suits. The Ultranaught commander made a formal gesture with one hand- the favoured prompt for haste- and Stirric made to follow.

"Admiral Stirric Vetch, sir" Targryn said as he came to attention once more. It wasn't so much a greeting this time but more an introduction. The gathered group hesitated for a few tense seconds before collectively falling in with the commander's salute to various levels of execution.

'definitely not Military, then' Stirric concluded. That was good. It wasn't all that often he got to express a more civilian approach. After all, they were the experts here.

"Whats with the wind?" Stirric asked the cluster. He hadn't meant for his question to sound as blunt as it was and he felt a sharp prang of guilt as the researchers exchanged worried looks. It was a short while before a young sounding voice spoke up.

"Our apologies, Admiral" the woman's voice was low. It reminded Stirric of a child who had been caught misbehaving and that now feared for the impending consequences.
The researcher continued. " Batva's atmosphere is...well... it isn't really...here."

she paused a moment, collecting her thoughts.
" That is, until we began our occupation. See, all the ships we have had coming and going with such frequency, and with no atmosphere to absorb momentum organically, there was nowhere for it all to go so pressure... amassed. We had to activate perimeter dispensers to keep the gales drifting away from our camp here. We're terribly sorry Admiral. We meant to call it in, we just-"

Stirric waved a single hand in a low gesture and the woman seemed to visibly relax at that.
"That's quite alright" Stirric hesitated then before adding.
"Now, is there anything else I need to know?"

Summary Of Actions: (OOC)
. Stirric reached the heart of the base camp and spoke to the researchers about the irregular atmosphere 'blip'

WxWe797.png

"I was expecting this question..."

Beltran listened as Ingrid spoke. So the idea of killing the Force had just been a euphemism, the general idea was some way to block the Force. That was an idea that he was far more comfortable with. There were many species in the galaxy that had the ability to nullify one's connection to the Force and other than being disorienting for those who relied on the Force, it caused no lasting damage or injury.

As she mentioned about it destroying the Netherworld, Beltran shrugged a little. He had heard of the mystical other-realm in passing, but he really didn't understand what it was. So long as its destruction didn't hurt the living, he had no reason to worry about its loss.

It was when she spoke about not wanting to make the same mistake that the Sith and Jedi often did, following their ideologies to a point where they became the very thing they hated, that Beltran began to watch Ingrid closely. She met his eyes and he read her body language in that way that only a Lorrdian can do. Between feeling her presence in the Force, and seeing these physiological responses-all pointing to the fact she was being honest, he felt sure that she wasn't lying or attempting to manipulate him.

"If that is the case," He began after a moment, trying to choose his words carefully. "Then I will pledge myself to aid you in this task. To this end, I would even be willing to become your apprentice. But I do so with a warning. The Dark Side is a very seductive thing, as are human egos. I will be watching you carefully, every step of the way. If it becomes apparent that this goal is actually dangerous to the galaxy, I will ask you to stop. If you refuse, I will stop you by any means necessary."

He paused for a breath, allowing those words to sink in. "To be clear, if that means that I if have to kill you-I will kill you. If that means that I have to burn your Empire to the ground, I will burn it. I ask you to think on that a moment, and if you can agree to this arrangement-you will have my loyalty and my life."

It was a similar deal to the one he had made with Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis when he had apprenticed under the Sith. In that case, he had promised that he would kill the Sith. The Sith Master hand in return promised him that he would lure Beltran to the Dark Side. So far, neither had yet prevailed on their promises. But with the Bryn'adul vanquished and his retirement from the Rangers, Beltran now had a larger amount of free time.

As they spoke, Beltran felt the beacon of the Force start to weaken. It was still there, and obviously created by something powerful but it was fading. Moving behind Ingrid, he kept pace with the woman as they rapidly grew closer. They needed to make haste lest the beacon be lost completely.

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
XKGxaSs.png
Objective I: Into the Dephts
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour | Mandalorian vambrace || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Trinity Harris Trinity Harris | Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a | Ladybug Ladybug | Open
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

As I felt Arturo move closer, I turned back in his direction. His body-language and words, his emphasis, clearly showed why he was doing it. I was infinitely grateful for it at this moment. I wanted to get closer to him, cuddle up, without a helmet, but we were working now. We were professionals, so I couldn't do it. Though it would have been very good, it would have been better than the hot chocolate or coffee mentioned earlier.

<<Thank you, Arturo! Really!>> I said kindly, no one but him heard my voice and words.

I just nodded at the words after that. I would have fled to the surface in my heart, but I couldn’t do that. I had a job to do here. It didn't really matter how I was. I finally shook my head, he couldn’t see my face now anyway; he could not see the struggle, the disappointment. No, I wasn't disappointed in him, it was I disappointed myself and the situation. I was grateful to him and glad he was here... with me. There are only situations that still, after many years, cause nightmares and I have a hard time dealing with.

<<I stay, this is my job. I can't go home.>> I replied. It would be detrimental to my reputation and subsequent work.

After that, as he walked past me, I followed and got to the others. Just like they were eating some mushrooms. I sighed and I was happy that my audio options were off in my helmet, so no one could hear that. And my currently only audio channel was only open to Arturo. The mysterious and grumpy Mandalorian. Yes, that was me today.

<<They would really be redeemed if I shot them… faster and less painful than eating some toxic thing.>> I told him my opinion.

Since the scouts had already moved forward, I didn’t want to climb any mushrooms, so I looked at the suffering Tovald and then at the scientist, and finally decided to look around here, to make sure no one was here, not to surprise us. Although my biochip’s sensors didn’t really indicate anything. A few moments or minutes later, however, a larger group approached. Fast, something small. Maybe animals.

"In the direction of nine o'clock, at least two dozen something is approaching. Fast, in a group." I said this to everyone this time, and I understood the nine hours according to our direction of travel.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
WxWe797.png
Objective: Investigate the event | Find the Source
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Writing With: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi | Niransh Binzra | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Just Inside my Head ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

"No, the Dark Side is not tempting." she said honestly.

It was never for her; she couldn't find it tempting. Especially because she experienced for a few minutes what it’s like to be a Sith. A lot of time had passed for her, but it still lived there in her memory when she accidentally stole Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter 's rage, her anger. When she was just learning what it was like to be a Force User. The woman's Sith side almost tore Ingrid apart. Tacitus didn't help her, instead humiliated her, slapped her, and threatened to kill her the next time she behaved like that. Last but not least, the woman was even tortured for half a day wake of this events. Ingrid never longed for power, it never tempted her. Not even when they were offered it to her.

"Do so, colonel. But in the three hundred and fifty years of my existence, there have been no problems. I have complete control over my emotions. I'm still not interested in power, ruling, or these. I just want to serve my people and care about their well-being, before my own. By the way, I also asked Lord Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson to kill me if I ever became a Sith. The Sith has already ruined my life, they have changed me, they have taken away my humanity. I never want to be like them." she spoke not with anger but emotionlessly and quite openly so that Beltran knew what to expect.

She smiled sadly for a moment.

"If we manage to achieve what we are planning, it will probably cause my own death, thanks to the Sith. But even so, I didn’t give up on the plan to free the Galaxy from the influence of the Force. I… and those who belong to this Order believe that the Force toying with everyone, it "moves" the Force users as a puppet and uses them to further ignite the eternal struggle between the Sith and the Jedi. This is why we want to rid the Galaxy from the Force. Everyone has the right to free will." she explained. "My life doesn't matter if billions can be saved. And yes, I respect you so much that if you ask me to stop something, I'll do it." she promised.

There was nothing to think about what Beltran said. Essentially, she asked Grayson for the same thing, just not telling the man about the possibility of Force Destruction. For understandable reasons.

"I don't have to think about it, not only will I accept your offer, but I want you to swear that you will do it, Colonel, if it happens." she asked the man. "Last but not least, if that ever happened, the Wardens of the Shroud, the order would also try to kill me because it goes against our views."

Probably not many would have said that, but Ingrid was never an ordinary person.

"But the reverse is also true, if you become a Sith, I will kill you if you can’t keep our goals. If you only become a member of the Dark Side but don’t want power, you don’t want to be like a Sith, I don’t care. But I do not tolerate Sith traits, ideas, views. If you accept this, I will accept you as my disciple." she said her position as well.

After her words, she held out her hand to seal the promises and oaths with a handshake. The ones Ingrid never breaks. Last but not least, she wasn’t a Sith, she wasn’t like Carnifex or Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis . She was always different. If Beltran accepted this, she squeezed his hand and then moved on toward the signal before it completely disappeared.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Tags: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ladybug Ladybug Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Batva Narrator

The pair of bikes sang soft, yet reverberating melodies as they flew down the trail, making good time as they continued to scout the area leading up to the river valley. While the main group was occupied with tasting mushrooms, if the comm chatter was any indication, Eleena took advantage of the extra time to be more thorough in her scouting, slowing down every few moments to listen and perhaps, avoid alerting any of the locals to their presence.

Nevertheless, the two scouts reached the river valley in less than two hours.

“This is it…” Eleena said to her partner as she scoped out the area. “The settlement shouldn’t be far away now.” The Twi’lek added. “Hopefully we haven’t set off any alarms. We’ll move slow from here, as we approach the village’s perimeter, but try to stick to the trail. They may have traps off-trail, but there’s a good chance they won’t catch our bikes, but…we can never be too cautious.” She continued. “I’ll approach from the south and you can go north.”

After her partner nodded his understanding, the two scouts separated, with Eleena adjusting her heading to approach the village from the south, going slowly as she did. And yet, try as she might to elucidate her surroundings, the Twi’lek felt as if the entire area had suddenly fallen silent, a knot forming in her stomachs as the village itself came into view.

“We’ve reached the village.” Eleena transmitted back to the main group, before giving a deep breath.

“It’s…quiet.”

Batva Narrator

B
Tags: Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Arturo Braga Arturo Braga Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Ladybug Ladybug

The valley fell silent as the bikes approached their destination of the village. It was a small cluster of hovels centered around a couple vents poking up out of the ground with steam pouring from them and going up to the cave ceiling that was as black as a night sky speckled with glowing lichens like an imitation of stars. The trail went through it to pass as roadways. The trail has the look of a game trail for the the natives with insect tracks marring the soil. The fungal forests cling to the outer edges of the river valley portion of this atrium giving off a blue aura to the horizon. With the village more in view, the ramshackle nature of it becomes more visible. It was nine primitively constructed hovels made from fungal fibers and the chitin of insects and a few stalks of the giant mushrooms that surround the valley. However, two of the buildings looked smaller than the others, and were just stacked rocks for the walls and canvaslike fiber roofs.

The valley was dead quiet. Before, there was the ambience of people from the party talking amongst themselves, maybe far off clicking of the and native insectoid wildlife. However, the scouts now hear silence outside of the main contingent of the expedition. All there was to hear was the queit humming of the bikes that seemed to be incredibly loud in contrast to the crushing near silence, the distant hissing of steam from the ancient vents poking from the ground, and the sound of running water as the river rushed through the valley of the atrium.

Meanwhile, in the main contingent, the lifeforms approaching appeared much like what was known of Akhiliikh (giant species of insectoid creatures common to Batva possibly doubed a different name by the imperial explorers but known as such to the Batvadans) to look like from the data collected so far. Though nearly invisible to the naked eye with their black chitin bodies, their clicking was echoeing off the walls and getting louder with their approach. The wild breed of them heard noises that sounded like a potential meal. As they were expecting the usual hunting party of Batvadans to hopefully fall prey to their ambush, the sounds and smell started to be more different from the outsiders compared to their usual prey of Batvadans, or smaller species of insectoid creatures. Yet, the large insect creatures continued on with their intent on getting a meal hungry for what these new smells and sounds could be. As they got closer to the expedition's lights, their blue eyes glow reflecting the light, and their ravenous clicking now louder than before. Their large mandibles snapping at potential victims.

Hearing the strange sounds get closer to his village, Shraken warned the chieftain of what was coming. His tribe was not much the warrior type, and barely hunted. They took their stock of Akhiliikh, and used hatches built into the floors of their hovels where they hid in an ancient ruin their tribe burried before settling in the area. The ruin was an ancient storehouse for the miners of old to stash the gems and ores dug up long ago. However now, it's the hidden refuge the tribe had for marauders or any other threat. The steam pipes had their origins in here, but then dissapeared into the walls where they would snake deeper into the world. Mutterings in their scratchy, primitive, devovled language were circulating about these newcomers. All the while, Shraken waited patiently for things to quiet down, for the chieftain to deem it safe to return to the surface. In truth, the tribe could stay down there for generations. However, he worried if these outsiders would find the hatches, and find them. They could be smarter than the marauder tribes afterall.

First and foremost, Eleena was a soldier. Her weapon? A fast, powerful jet swoop that was arguably just as dangerous to her as it was to the unfortunate souls who found themselves at the wrong end of its guns. In that element, the Twi’lek was an ace, a veteran of battlefields from the Tingel Arm to the Unknown Regions. After all, in quite the literal sense, she had been created towards that purpose, even though the Agents of Chaos, the faction that had made her, were no longer major power in the galaxy. Nevertheless, Eleena had found her way back to the life she was made for in joining the Ultranaut Thunder Corps, her skills as a swoop jockey too valuable to be left unhoned.

And yet, while she was behind the relative, familiar comfort of the vanes of a speeder bike, Eleena felt distinctly unfamiliar in this context. Her skills as a ace jet swoop pilot were of little use to her here, in this strange, alien village full of creatures that had never once been exposed to the greater galaxy, until now. Unwittingly, the Twi’lek had taken on the role of an explorer, a far different task from the aerial dogfights she was used to.

“This is…” Eleena hesitated as she inched ever closer to the village, taking in the cluster of hovels perhaps constructed from the hide of some unknown creature, along with the giant, glowing mushrooms that surrounded the entire area. She knew that had her girlfriend been in her place, she would have been berserk with scientific wonder, frantically taking samples and eating plants like they were a meal cooked by a Besalisk chef. However, Eleena found herself stricken with awe, yet laced with a strong dose of caution owing to battlefield-honed instincts and ingrained conditioning.

“No closer than 30 meters.” Eleena said to her partner, as she stopped just short of that mark. “Scanning for lifeform signatures and…” The warrant officer’s words trailed off, before her eyes suddenly went wide as the readings began to return. “There! The signatures are faint…there’s a lot of material interference, but…almost all of them are together.” She paused, her features narrowed in thought.

“I…think they’re hiding…from us.”

Current Objective: head to archaeological site.
Equipment:
KC -95 Blaster Pistol
2x Flash bang Grenade
1x Smoke Grenade
1x Enviro suit
Current time: 13 hours before planet- logged sundown.
Flagship: Adjudicator class Star Destroyer- Ember Cresent.

In the hours that had passed since the admiral's conversation with part of the research team, Stirric had appointed Targryn to oversee transfer of supplies to upkeep the construction project.
In the meantime, however, Stirric himself had decided to head towards the ruins. He had initially debated the whole idea as, after all, he'd rather not risk the hazardous environment if it could be at all avoided. It hadn't been until his personal comm lit up with a report from officer Hallier at the ruins site that his mind was up.
"Hi sir!" Her voice chirped in the audio log. "Things are going awesome by the site and we've found stuff we think may prove useful." There was a slight pause in her transmission before "It hasn't been entirely without some kinks but that's alright, right? Anyway, see you shortly for the full report".

To their credit, the researchers had provided Stirric with a spare enviro suit for the outbound expedition where, at first, Stirric had been prepared to send someone- anyone- else to rendezvous with Hallier if only simply to avoid the absurdity of 'slipping on' the suit.
The whole experience had left him feeling ridiculous as a pair of camp workers had to aid with the admiral's helmet piece. The alien hiss- snip as it sealed about his neck made Stirric shudder slightly.

Using his blaster was simply out of the question and so Stirric had spent a few painful moments re-assembling his escort. It was not painful in the physical sense but rather the trauma of the whole ordeal. Thankfully, the soldiers had been able to see through Stirric's visor and recognise their Admiral. Stirric had been glad of that- he'd sooner be damned to the abyss then have to detach sections of the enviro suit to each individual just to sedate their skepticism.

For all its faults, however, the enviro suit did possess a visor readout similar to that of a spacecraft. So, when a single red dot decorated his hud, Stirric and his armed escort immediately looked skyward- the soldiers with a level of straight incline Stirric couldn't quite manage in with his enviro suit.

"Dammned to be young" he chided to himself silenyly.

Before too long, Stirric could make out the rough shape of a scouting vessel as it broke through the horizon and had its course altered by the still- dying exhaust winds. Stirric's comms lit up then as he looked away from the scene. He scrolled through panicked reports until he stopped at the one he needed.

"Admiral," Ultranaught commander Targryn's voice came through the comm. There was a calm in his voice not quite repeated by the workers and researchers around the camp. Stirric found himself feeling slightly apologetic for that. This wasn't a battlefield, what reason should they have to fear a ship crashing down on them.
"Where is it headed, Targryn?"
"Towards the westward external guard post. Do we call for evacuation Admiral?"
"No time." Stirric responded, his voice low.
"Prep the men for rescue, meet me by the vehicle bay and pray to the we're not too late".

Stirric ended the call and began and awkward shuffle to the vehicle bay as he flipped his comm to an open channel.

"This is Admiral Stirric Vetch of the Flagship Ember Cresent reporting from Batca Base Camp. A scouting vessel has broken horizon and is heading towards the western guard outpost. Impact is imminent. I am dispatching myself and a small detachment to begin excavation! Please stand by!"

Summary of actions:

Stirric's path to the city ruins is interrupted by a scout ship crashing to the surface elsewhere.

Steve the Ultranaught

S
Q2XcJmP.png

Objective: Re-enter the Base Camp

Something was definitely broken. Given the general feeling of his right side, that much was obvious to Steve. He tried to move his right foot in a circular motion. While it was hardly easy, it moved in a circle. This greatly relieving to Steve, as it meant that his spine had not been broken.

Steve attempted to push himself upwards with his left arm. Thanks to the bulky armor he was wearing, it did not work. The armor was almost certainly the only reason he was not dead as a rock at the moment, but it was still difficult to wear at times. He then tried to grab on to a piece of debris which seemed solidly in place and pull himself to his feet. He managed to pull himself up that time, but as soon as he tried to stand normally, he felt pain in his right ankle, forcing him to lean against a large chunk of debris.

Steve looked down at his commlink, which he had accidentally stepped on. Clearly useless now.
“Well, that makes things harder.” Steve muttered to himself. “The others will probably assume I’m either dead, or too injured to be worth coming out here to rescue. And they are probably busy with the scouting ship that crashed, anyways, which is a more important matter than me. Which means I need to head to the main entrance of the base.” Steve reasoned out loud. The entrance to the base was around three and a half kilometers East from where Steve was.

As Steve hobbled a few meters in the direction of the entry gate, he noticed an odd looking lump of debris. When the lump made a pained moaning noise, he quickly realized that it was Allen.
“Steve? Is that you?” he muttered half consciously. “I think my ankle is broken.” he continued. Steve looked down at Allen. His ankle was definitely broken very nastily.

Steve considered his options. He could leave Allen here, and come back to get him with a rescue group, but that seemed awfully risky. And after what had happened on Danuta, he really did not want to abandon another Ultranaught again. He only other option seemed to be to find a way to take Allen with him somehow. Steve grabbed a piece of railing which was about one and three fifths of a meter long with his left hand.
“If I help you up, do you think you can you use this thing to support yourself?” Steve asked. “It seems like I have to.” Allen responded with a tone of annoyance. After Steve helped him up, Allen took the piece of railing and began walking. Little did either of them know that they were being watched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom