Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech UL-14 "Virtus" Class Underlay

Status
Not open for further replies.
frederic-daoust-arach-space-suit.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a more immediately useful armor underlay.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
  • Affiliation: Jaeger Solutions
  • Market Status: Open Market
  • Model: UL-14 "Virtus" Class Underlay
  • Modularity:
    • Traditional Version: Mass Produced
    • Nanotech Version: Minor
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Emergency Trauma Suit / Underlay
  • Weight:
    • Mass Produced:
      • Very Light
    • Minor Produced:
      • Weightless
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very Low
    • Kinetic: Very Low
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
    • Other:
      • Force Powers (Alter): None
      • Force Powers (Mental): None
      • Ionized Energy: Very High
      • Radiation: Very High
      • Elemental: Very High
      • Chemical/Biological Agents: Very High
      • Extreme Pressure/Vaccum: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • One Small Step -
    • Built as both an armor underlay and a extreme environment protection asset - the "Virtus" is the quintessential answer to surviving a combat zone for civilians. From helping to stop agents like the Blackwing virus, to radiation or fires; the system is an excellent means to protect someone from most of what the world has to throw at it in the most natural of senses. Even going as far to protect in extravehicular operations, where it is often used by emergency repair technicians or even orbital mining operators.
  • Airbag -
    • While the normal system is built to protect from most natural dangers, the lesser produced version is based on nanotechnology - able to recreate the armor almost instantly regardless of body position. Able to be carried in a pocket or on a belt, the nanotechnology version of the "Virtus" can immediately deploy to provide minor medical attention, protect the wearer from various external threats, or even immediate stimuli to help regain consciousness after large concussive forces like an explosion.
WEAKNESSES
  • Non Combatant -
    • While the system is built for armor underlays and protection, it does not protect from offensive Force Powers or Weapons in any capacity. If someone shot the suit, it would not remain sealed - nor would it remain effective in protecting the person within. The only way to change this is external hardplates - which completely negates the nanotechnology variety of suit and with it all of its benefits.
  • Limited Assistance -
    • Despite its emergency medical systems, it has only minor ability to actually protect someone from harm. Should a wound be even slightly to great, they will have large mounts of 'stasis' drug imported into their system on command, or if unresponsive, to insure that their life is saved from critical conditions. This means that while someone might survive wit the suit on, it can only be for a limited time - in such a situation, they are passed out and at the mercy of an aggressor.
DESCRIPTION
After years of utilizing the UL-13 “Corporis” Skin Suit, Jaeger realized it was time for an upgrade. Since the Corporis had so rarely been used as an actual armor, they instead created something focused on being an underlay for other armor systems - or a mass produced protection suit for various miners, executives, or refugees. In doing so, the UL-14 serves as the next evolution for Jaeger’s own armor components.
Following traditional Jaeger ideas, the UL-14 covers a wide amount of bases. With complex components, the suit is able to provide excellent protection in every environment imaginable - from the hot lava rivers of Mustafar, to the all too sharp cold that permeates every facet of Hoth. The UL-14 spared no expense, even allowing itself to be hermetically sealed with its own inplace oxygen salt system - along with a high tech scrubber to filter out unnecessary particles when not sealed air tight.
A second, smaller run, was built for the discerning customer. Emergency activated nanodroids that encompass the user in a suit of equivalent effort - effectively creating an immediate trauma suit for those exposed to explosions, vaccumn, or even sudden and violent heat. This means that the ‘Virtus’ expands its customer base to anyone who cares for their skin - and while it can’t be used as a traditional armor in itself due to almost no actual protection from traditional small arms, it can be implemented into other various sorts of armors.
All together, this makes the ‘Virtus’ a substantial improvement over its previous model - something Jaeger has strived to do for years and finally succeeded. It only hopes its investment will pay off, be it by selling it to other companies, or even to spreading it far and wide in the corporate market - to help prevent corporate assassination or even pirate jettisons from killing yet another banker.

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - There are a few things that need to be addressed before this can be considered ready for approval.

The first is that your rating scheme for the mass-produced variant of this suit is over by one, and will need to be reduced accordingly. I would recommend splitting the weight into two categories to allow for this submission to retain the present ratings without any arbitrary decreases elsewhere. To visualize what I'm suggesting, it would look something like this.
  • Weight: Very Light / Weightless - Mass-Produced/ Nanotech Variants.
Naturally, this is just a suggestion - but if you wished to decrease its ratings elsewhere that's your prerogative.

... With complex components, the suit is able to provide excellent protection in every environment imaginable - from the hot lava rivers of Mustafar, to the all too sharp cold that permeates every facet of Hoth.

While we're on the subject of ratings, however, I wanted to ask you why Force Powers is listed twice? I understand that there's a difference in their application, but wouldn't something that protects the wearer from elemental hazards, offer the same resistance against someone who can generate/manipulate those elemental hazards at a whim?

Or does this protection suddenly fail when the Wearer encounters a Pyromancer/Shaper of Kro Var, etc?

Secondly, the Factory doesn't deal with absolutes.
...Built as both an armor underlay and a extreme environment protection asset - the "Virtus" is the quintessential answer to surviving a combat zone for civilians. From stopping agents like the Blackwing virus, to radiation or fires; the system is the perfect means to protect someone from all that the world has to throw at it in the most natural of senses. Even going as far to protect in extravehicular operations, where it is often used by emergency repair technicians or even orbital mining operators.

... While the normal system is built to protect from all natural dangers, the lesser produced version is based on nanotechnology - able to recreate the armor almost instantly regardless of body position.

I would ask that you soften the wording used within these quoted sections to allow for the possibility of failure.

LT-137 LT-137

Changed the weight per production.

As far as the rating, I imagine I meant more in the sense of Force Lightning and the like - making it unviable to face down users who use active, focused versions of destruction powers. Why I listed elemental and didnt' consider kro var, I'm unsure. Changed it to specify.

Softened the wording as well.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - I'll still need you to soften the wording on the One Small Step strength, as it still states it's capable of stopping incredibly infectious agents such as the Blackwing virus to radiation and fires.

...From stopping agents like the Blackwing virus, to radiation or fires; the system is the perfect means to protect someone from most of what the world has to throw at it in the most natural of senses.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - I'm sorry to say that your edit still implies absolutism, but as that's something that can go both ways - I'll allow it under the cautionary abuse and lose clause. My recommendation in the future would be to remove stop from your vocabulary entirely, in regards to submissions, and utilize more appropriate terminology that is akin to prevention and potential, etc. Just so that it's clear that it can work both ways, rather than it works one way with maybe the chance of it not working on the flipside.

One last thing, however. I know this is a sub that's been sitting for a while, since before the update and all - but I'll require the addition of the market status field below the affiliation. After that, we're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom