Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion No Stone Unturned | EE Dominon of Batva

Mikilanna Mihaly (Darth Kauhu) - Overseer of Science Development, Director of The Royal Institute of Science

XKGxaSs.png

Equipment: Dark Blessings of Kuolema (Twin Lightsabers), Feravvax XVI (Cybernetic Eyes), PITA CV1 (Cybernetic / Bionic Tail), Omni VI (Bionic Arm), Varjokävely (Battle Outfit)
Ship: Aries XIII
Tags: Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a / Arturo Braga Arturo Braga / Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa

arWRVPQ.png

The trio of scientists stood before the ancient structure, locked in a state of disbelief. The building was indeed old but not technically a ruin since it was still intact and looking fresh as the day it was constructed. The building wasn't massive in terms of height, but it was wide, possessing an awkward sized girth. Director Mihaly ordered the soldiers to remain outside, holding a perimeter whilst she led Doctor Hansen and Jenson inside. There was something inside, a drumming or humming she couldn't shake. Once inside, the drumming grew louder, and yet deep inside herself it was calling out to her; at least she thought it was a calling.

Without question, both doctors followed the Director as she led them through the maze-like corridors; where they eventually entered a dimly lit antechamber that was radiating a coldness the other two scientists found disturbing; until they saw the object resting on a table, then every sense became transfixed on it. Each one stared at the potential artifact, but only Director Mihaly could feel the dark side pouring off it. What it was, she didn't know; but it held a mystery and a magical prowess. The curiosity of Doctors Hansen and Jenson overrode their common sense, prompting them both to touch the artifact simultaneously. What happened next nobody from the trio could have predicted.

Upon it being touched, the artifact brightened with a crimson glow that lasted only a few seconds, then it when dark as the moment they first saw it. It was Doctor Hansen that reacted first, rather it was Doctor Jensen's conscience that reacted first, by screaming hysterically. Doctor Jenson, whose body was now occupied by the mind of Doctor Hansen, looked at his female hand; his eyes growing wide. Nervousness and fear seeping into them both, they frantically touched the artifact again; this time nothing happened. The transfer was permanent. Director Mihaly smiled hauntingly.

Drawing on the dark side, she snatched the two by their throats via invisible hands, slamming them against the wall and cutting off their air supply whilst slowly crushing their tracheas. She closed her eyes, feeling the enjoyment of their death pass through into the Force. Reaching into the satchel attached around the waist of Doctor Jenson's lifeless corpse, Mikilanna pulled out a brown cloth; carefully wrapping it around the artifact.

"D
octor Hansen and Jenson will no longer be accompanying us," Director Mihaly announced as she exited the ancient structure. And like the deceased doctors before, the contingency of soldiers followed the Sith Lord without question.

9lenMLk.png

WxWe797.png

"No, the Dark Side is not tempting..."

Beltran listened silently as Ingrid spoke. He trusted her as much as he trusted anyone. Which was to say that he was never above verifying what he was told. What Ingrid said might well be true. The Lorrdian was at least sure that she believed it. But things change, circumstances become desperate and people do things they never thought they'd do.

Still, he knew it was possible.

Beltran considered himself an example. He had always lived close to the Darkness. He knew it intimately. He had harnessed the energy of hate and rage, but he had never fallen to it. He had never done so for his own gain, or at least solely his own gain. He had never harmed an innocent, and indeed, he had made a career of putting himself between the innocent that those who would harm them. He had even studied under one of the most powerful Sith alive, and had not fallen.

If he could do it, then others could do it. To believe otherwise would be the height of arrogance, and Beltran had never been an arrogant man.

"But the reverse is also true, if you become a Sith, I will kill you if you can't keep our goals. If you only become a member of the Dark Side but don't want power, you don't want to be like a Sith, I don't care. But I do not tolerate Sith traits, ideas, views. If you accept this, I will accept you as my disciple."

Disciple was an interesting choice of words. In his native Lorrdian, it implied a level of worship on the part of the follower. Beltran would honor Ingrid, he would support her and learn from her as best he could, but he had never worshipped anything in his life and wasn't about to start now. Still, just because it had that connotation in his language didn't mean it meant the same in Ingrid's.

"I accept your terms," He said after a moment of silence. "I will support you in your cause, stand with you against your enemies and learn what you have to teach. If I ever fall to the Darkness, I would want you to kill him before I could harm any innocents." He took Ingrid's hand in the manner it was offered and shook it firmly.

Regardless of what else happened today: A bond had been formed.

Last edited:
Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
WxWe797.png
Objective: Investigate the event | Find the Source
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Writing With: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi | Niransh Binzra | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Just Inside my Head ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Ingrid was interested in the dark side in only one way. All right, two ways. One is how to destroy it along with the other side. The other reason is to be able to feed on it. Thanks to the Sith, she was a semi-Force Entity. She had to eat Dark Side energy and negative emotions, thoughts, or just life force. But nothing more. Despite her appearance and determination, Ingrid was a modest woman. Of course, she was a bit arrogant and egoist, especially when her assassin abilities came to the fore, but she never longed for power.

The red-haired woman did not want to rule because she knew she could serve her people in countless other ways. For her, ruling was to put all her will, talent and herself at the service of her people. Ingrid does not rule over them, but helps them to develop, to prosper, to protect them. In addition to keeping the law, which of course had a highly dictatorial role. But she was not the former ruler. She loved the shadows where no one was in front of others' curious eyes.

The woman had no idea that disciple meant such a thing in his language. If she had known, she would probably have chosen a different word. It was equivalent to "apprentice" for her, only more respectful. The woman never expected any worship from anyone, only mutual respect, but this happened with Beltran long ago. Already on Voss, at the first meeting.

The "contract" was finally settled, and Ingrid accepted the terms, too, so in the end they sealed it all off with a handshake. At the time they first met she never thought this would happen. The red-haired woman smiled sincerely after the handshake, a joyful smile. For a moment, it was as if a completely different woman was standing in front of Beltran; it was Ingrid's other self that very few could see behind her ice and iron mask.

"For starters, look for a good language teacher who will teach you High Nelvaanian." she said cheerfully then she continued in her usual voice. "But let's go before we lose the signal entirely."

With that, she didn't wait any longer, but started following the trail.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Objective 3: Base Camp
Current Objective: Investigate crash site and recover survivors.
Equipment:
KC -95 Blaster Pistol
2x Flash bang Grenade
1x Smoke Grenade
1x Enviro suit
Current time: 13 hours before planet- logged sundown.
Flagship: Adjudicator class Star Destroyer- Ember Cresent.
Allies: Steve the Ultranaught

It was clear, even from the rapidly closing distance inside the vehicle transport, that the impact had been far worse than at first anticipated.

"By the abyss, our guys were in there Damnit." A soldier had gasped beside the Admiral. Stirric kept a steady gaze on the rubble before them and wondered as to what could cause a single scouting ship to break formation and crash as it had. The obvious conclusion struck the Admiral as sabotage or perhaps, albeit less likely, a potential malfunction. However, Stirric had a certain feeling this incident was far more complicated than at first glance.

Out of habit, the Admiral reached for the edges of his chin to puzzle further- only to forget that he was still wearing the enviro suit. With a conscious effort, he relenquished the motion and instead keyed to the transport's comink.
"Ember Cresent, this is Admiral Vetch. Come in, Ember Cresent".

The response was almost immediate
"Admiral, Sir. We hear you. How may we be of assistance?" The responding voice was that of a young male. Stirric found he couldn't quite place the man's name- though he was glad to hear it.

"Has there been any outgoing communications? Particularly any scouting vessels?"
"Not that I can see, admiral". The officer replied, stretching out the first word as he searched. "No messages besides you and Hallier. Is there anything else we- I- we can help with?"
"Not at present, thank you".

Before too long, the transport began to pull up beside the rubble. Before it could reach a complete stop, however, Targryn leapt from his position atop the transport, performing a recovering roll as he landed.
"Come on! Lets get our lads outta there!"

Overseer for Imperial Scientific Development

XKGxaSs.png

Riding: Phantom
Accompanied by: Plushee Companion Droid
Wearing: Guarderma Bio-suit
Ship: Luminary class light explorer exchanging crew space for biolabs
Adobe-Post-20210822-1242520-38650126531551476.png

Tags:
Arturo Braga Arturo Braga
Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera
Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa
Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a
Ladybug Ladybug

Laughing at the brave souls that tried the sour mushrooms, Trinity packed up her scanners and mover on. The data from Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa and her scouting party was promising and they now had a good route to get to the river. "onward and upwards! Or downwards I guess?" her plushee companion now projected a detailed map of the cave system with each of their locations marked. It looked like about 3km down to the river settlement. There was warning indicators along the route, the first was of a small chasm they would had to traverse, the next was where the scouts had detected the life signs, potentially the insectoids, she sincerely hoped not but they needed to be aware.

As they progressed they eventually came to chasm, she couldn't see the bottom, and gap looked just over 4 metres, she looked at the soldiers while unclipping the rappelling line from her field kit. There was a small ledge that started about halfway across and continued to the otherside, it may be 2 inches wide but it gave them something to work with "What do you think? Quick shimmy across?" she was fairly capable herself, but the older scientists might need more help.

She fired her grapple, and clipped the wire to her waist before reaching out for the first hand hold, the wall was rough and there were loose rocks, but it was an easy climb, she never even needed the support of her line. To reach the other side.

Steve the Ultranaught

S
Q2XcJmP.png

Objective: Re-enter The Base Camp
Allies:
Stirric Vetch Stirric Vetch

Steve and Allen had been walking for around three hours, but progress had been slow at best. They had only advanced a little more than three kilometers, but the massive entry gates to the Base Camp were finally within sight. Seeing their objective motivated the two Ultranaughts to pick up their pace slightly. It also made The Shadow decide it was time to move in for the kill.

The Shadow had been tracking the two Ultranaughts for their entire journey, always staying just outside their field of vision. Unfortunately, shooting them from a distance was not an option, as he had wasted all of his sniper slugs shooting down the Scout Ship, which in hindsight, was not the best decision he had ever made. That did not matter now though, what mattered was silencing these two survivors.
“Time to hunt.” he quietly growled, as he unsheathed his twin blades.

Of course, Steve and Allen were aware of none of this. As they continued walking, Steve asked Allen a question.
“So, what do you think happened to that Scout Ship that caused it to crash like that?” Allen considered the question for a second, and then said that he had absolutely no idea. Steve agreed with him. Just then, he felt an extremely sharp pain in his side.

Meanwhile in a nearby guard tower, Dennis was quite frankly, slacking off. He reading a book titled: Sand: Nuisance Or Necessity? The book was not especially good, so he decided to have a look down at the landscape outside the Base Camp. He saw something odd looking down below. To get a better view of it, he took out his macrobinoculars. After a bit of looking around, he saw an extremely tall and thin to the point of looking skeletal bipedal thing jabbing a blade into Steve. Dennis quickly grabbed his commlink, and called the Commander.
“Sir! This is Private UC-4160 reporting from guard tower C-751. There appears to be two Ultranaughts outside the Perimeter Wall. They appearing to be under attack from some sort of creature. What should I do?”

Last edited by a moderator:
WxWe797.png

"For starters, look for a good language teacher who will teach you High Nelvaanian."

Beltran nodded. Finding a teacher wouldn't be difficult, Beltran suspected. There had to be universities on Kalidan where he could find a tutor. Language was something he, as a Lorrdian, knew well. His people had natural inclination towards understanding communication. He doubted it would take more than a few months before he was at least conversational in the preferred language of the Eternal Empire's elites.

"But let's go before we lose the signal entirely."

Even as they had been speaking, Beltran had noticed that the signal was growing dimmer and dimmer in his senses. They had dallied too much here, even though the nature of their conversation had been of the highest importance. Returning his mind to the task at hand, Beltran would follow Ingrid deeper through the tunnels.

Before long, it began to feel as if they were getting closer. The signal itself wasn't really getting any stronger, but it was becoming clearer.

"I've not felt anything like this before," He told Ingrid truthfully. What they approached was truly alien to him. He extended his awareness toward it, trying to glean a sense of intent from whatever it was, but came away with nothing. His hand rested on the sheath where he kept his lightsaber as they drew nearer, prepared to react instantly if the source of the signal turned out to be hostile.

Last edited:
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
WxWe797.png
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Writing With: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi | Niransh Binzra | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Just Inside my Head ]

Ingrid felt similar many times; it is true that the woman has met many kinds of Force users in her lifetime. She was absolutely sure it was something special here, not a traditional Force user. This feeling may have been reminiscent of Dathomiran's witches, but it was different. Dark Planet had a similar feeling, but Force Users there could also be more categorised as witches. The red-haired woman found it really interesting, but also completely logical. The place was isolated enough to develop its own Force user methods. Maybe the druidism, shamanism that she could have associated with places like that.

"Am I right, Colonel, have you not really heard from either the Jedi or the Sith of the various pathways that Force users can learn? And do you only know the path of the Sith or the Jedi but not the many different other adepts?" she asked.

She had met beings, entities that joined, connected to a world, and were stronger there. It was easier for Ingrid to use the Force in the Netherworld, as well as for her daughter, Eina. Maybe this creature was like that? They will get an answer to this when they arrive. She saw Beltran's movement, to which she responded with just a barely perceptible nod.

~ Try to be as less conspicuous as possible. ~ she warned him through a telepathic message.

In the meantime, they will probably arrive at the border of the village or settlement where their future host is located.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:

Niransh Binzra

N
WxWe797.png

Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi

Niransh suddenly was woken up by a massive headache. One of the beings killed others of its kind and the sensation sent waves of anguish into her psyche. As she woke though, it lessenedm yet she was awake and aware once more. She felt a few of those beings of power come closer to her. The leader figure was closest with her companion. In fact, her guests were at the entrance to Lachbroch itself. It certainly was much faster than she expected outsiders to travel.

She opened the door of her bed capsule, and went to her elixer still in its large pot with the fumes permeating upward. She inhaled once more, though not as strongly, to just communicate with the newcomer.

"You draw near.....Enter the seat of my realm.....I shall have....delegates present to lead you......The others will not attack......They shall not defy me so..."
Niransh then exited her trance-like state. The distance was less, and her pain afterwards was far less than last time. She then walked over to a chair made by her thralls out of rocks and fungal fibers. A throne for their queen, yet she hardly sat in it. She then sensed their arrival coming closer through the thralls on the wall and at the gates. She entered two of her thralls' minds and directed them to the gate where the outsiders would be coming through.

Upon reaching the two outsiders, the thralls stood there in a near-vegitative state as Niransh used them like conduits for communication.

"I bring you your guides....Follow them to me....."
They then turn around without waiting for an answer from the outsiders, and shuffle like in a sleep walk up the road. Beyond the primitive walls outside Lachbroch, hovels of chitin, fungal fibers and staulks, as well stacked rocks. A few larger structures seem to be taller than the others. Larger houses of stone bricks roughly masoned by her thralls for the chieftains, and their families, loyal to Niransh with retinues of the witch queen's thralls to maintain the buildings for their master's favored ones. Primitive carvings that look like attempts at making faces and bodies with statues being carved from the cave walls, any pillars stretching down from the atrium's ceiling, or boulders dragged to their location by tireless servants of the witch queen.

The other tribes merely stand aside as they watch the outsiders following the thralls. They did not like the new smells that were passing through, but they knew that intervening would bring upon the wrath of the witch queen who holds almost a deity-like status in their cultures. The layout of Lachbroch is chaotic, and the newcomers nearly get lost with no main boulevards or proper organized planning. Rather, it was navigating the primitive settlements of the different tribes that called Lachbroch home. Yet, outside of what generally was making up the city, no matter where in the city's limits, one thing was visible. A massive structure almost as big as a Hutt's palace loomed above the city, and the city seemed to orbit around it. Ancient pipes of air hiss with pressure as they snake in various directions from the structure, and the presence in the force feels stronger when getting closer to it. Yet, the presence can also be felt everywhere in the city of Lachbroch with the thralls being everywhere Niransh needs them. All the while, Niransh sat patiently on her makeshift throne leaning heavily on her staff and relying on the sensations of the guiding thralls for when her guests will come.

Still going, despite everything.
XKGxaSs.png

Objective: Protect the scientists, don't die
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Trinity Harris Trinity Harris
Kit: The Wolfhound, KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Mark. I

His shoulders racked by laughter, Arturo turned away, leaving the ubese to suffer alone. Around him, the cave sang to the sound of the other contractors laughing. "Damn, man, you okay?" A pale-skinned zabrak asked, thumping Tovald on the back. "It's not like not she didn't warn you." Another said, shaking her head. Gesturing for them to stow the chatter, the Director waved his people forward. The scientists in their party looked positively horrified by Trinity's and Tovald's behavior, Arturo noted. A few whispered quietly amongst themselves, expressing their distaste, no doubt.

Silhanna shared her opinion again. Arturo hushed her with a wave and a look before toggling to the squad-wide channel.

"Arturo to Vanguard, lead on." His message received, the contractors at the front of the pack did as ordered. They still had quite a bit of ground to cover before they reached the underground river, Arturo knew. Three or four kilometers by his best guestimate. By speeder, it would've taken all of a few minutes. On foot, however, it was triple that. Quadruple, even. But that was okay; they could all use the exercise.

"Sir, got a bit of a problem up here." The contractor on point reported, her voice laced with static.
"What kind of problem, Van?"
"Nothing to get excited over. Just a chasm that needs crossing."

Right, Arturo thought, just a chasm. Keeping his irritation hidden, he said, "Received, Van. Proceed at your own discretion. Out." Continuing on, it wasn't long before Arturo got to see the chasm for himself. The vanguard, comprised of three contractors, waited there with Doctor Trinity, though, the latter looked keen to move on. Where to, exactly, Arturo wasn't sure. Squatting at the edge, the contractor peered into the depths below. The chasm -nothing to get excited over- was deep and dark and wide. Too deep, truth be told. Too wide.

"I see you decided to wait." Arturo said, his voice echoing as he took in the sights and sounds of the underworld. "Still think it needs crossing?"

The contractor who had reported the situation shrugged. "Maybe. Don't see us doing that with all the kit we're humping, though." Arturo watched as the woman's gaze shifted. He was surprised to see her eyes widen behind her visor. "Hey, Doc!" She shouted, alarm in her voice. Twisting, Arturo saw why. "Doctor Harris! What the feth do you think you're doing?!" Arturo shouted to the field scientist as she clambered along a ledge far too thin to traverse safely.

Jumping to his feet, it was then that the scouts decided to report their findings. Arturo cursed their timing.

"Copy that, Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa . Fall back from the village but maintain a visual. We're not here to spook the locals, but so long as they stay put, we won't have a problem, over." That wasn't technically true. He already had a problem in form of one Doctor Harris, the mad bit- "I knew she would do this, let her hare-brained schemes land her in a heap of trouble. Honestly, the gall of that woman drives me mad!" Turning, Arturo recognized the doctor from earlier. Old, wrinkled and wrathful, spittle flew from his lips as he cursed Trinity and her brave stupidity.

Arturo wanted to curse her, too. He had to be the voice of reason, alas. Sometimes it sucked, being in charge.

Stepping to the ledge, Arturo gestured for the Doctor to come back, reaching out to haul her back. His fingers swiped air. Damn was she nimble! "Look, doc, I know you eggheads love getting yourself killed in the name of science, but now really isn't the time." He growled. Before he could get a reply, Silhanna's warning snatched his gaze away, away towards the tunnel that branched away from the chasm, perpendicular to the one they'd approached from.

Arturo saw forms there. Big, hunkering forms that looked strangely like overgrown insects. He cursed. "Chit! Van, Brasidas, Culper! Defensive line! Lesh! Get those scientists back for Empire's sake!" Thumbing his rifle's safety down, Arturo span back to Trinity, caught her gaze. "If you wanna die, do it in your own time. For now, get back here. We've got company."

Last edited:
Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
XKGxaSs.png
Objective I: Into the Dephts
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour | Mandalorian vambrace || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Trinity Harris Trinity Harris | Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a | Ladybug Ladybug | Open
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

The situation I think could not be worse. The scientist and my bounty hunter set out to eat mushrooms. I think it really would be time for me to go home. I would need a long, good hot bath. Meanwhile, the signs were getting closer, and now I also had pictures of what the source of that was. Moments later, Arutro confirmed it all. Bugs! Huge, nearly invisible beetles. I hate beetles and arthropods. Especially at this size!

True, I think I would hate anything and anyone today. But these can be included in the standard package. Meanwhile, as I saw farther away, the scientist almost crashes or climbs down somewhere. I do not know. Meanwhile, I looked grimly and angrily at Arturo when I saw the hand gesture. I couldn’t see his face because of the helmet, just as he wasn’t my expression either. I think I even snarled.

<< Do you want to bet how long they will survive? >> I asked Arturo on the private communication channel. I was already forced to grin at this question and there was laughter in my voice as well.

However, I couldn’t answer that it was a joyful laugh or I couldn’t do anything else and I laughed in agony. In the meantime, there was not a minute's rest, because the beetles or insects also arrived. Only blurry spots could be seen with the naked eye, they were almost invisible, they blended into the environment. I had to switch to the sensors on my armour to be able to track them.

<< Everyone go back to the defensive formation! >> I have already said this on the common communication channel.

As far as I could see and the sensors sensed, it was two creatures that attacked me. I immediately opened fire on them. I managed to shoot the first one as it fell to the ground and the dust stirred up in place. The other attacked. I managed to avoid its attack with a quick gesture and I was already getting ready to shoot when the sensors indicated something behind my back. I tried to dodge it, but I didn't have a chance to do it here anymore. I could feel something hitting me hard from behind.

<< FETH! >> I cried out in surprise as I fell to the ground surrounded by the two largely invisible insects…

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

5Mmjpfm8eYk_3LJ5qRBCCFcQv6ywVbzL_Y7sOdkSVNQ3dnazkL9vFRbPyfaJ34Q36LA8WfAEgBB9btamqMEq7FsRB6jiS-JxrNQIMFFv_zzjFFBtBkBe_tty3TmX07ZY8oPGCuBm

Objective One: Learn why it's a bad idea to eat weird shizzle
Equipment: Rifle, Sword, Magnetic Thermal Detonators, Thermite Explosives, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Carbine
Tags: S Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera | Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Trinity Harris Trinity Harris | Ladybug Ladybug | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

After the shock and disgust, Tovald recovered his composure, he gave the others a thumbs up. He scooted away from the scientists, he didn't want to know what they were talking about, he knew some of it was about him. He had learned years ago to not let others opinions of him get under his skin. So instead he had kept a watch in the periphery for hostiles. He had a feeling of being watched, it was the prickly sensation that many instinctively has when they were aware of being stared at. If he had hair, it would stand up a little.

He stared down at the ledge, keeping his feet away from the drop. He wasn't afraid of heights. He would look down at canyons on Uba IV, hunting for whatever came along. But now he was on a different planet and instead of potential food he was looking at, well flora and mushrooms.

Scientists are going to science, and they are not going to let anything stop them, not a ledge or his poor impulse control. Nothing, he had to carefully pick a Scientist away from the ledge before they fall over it. He's here for extra protection and, that is what he was going to do.

Then there was that prickly feeling he usually gets when he instinctively knows something that he does not like is nearby, he unhooked his disruptor and flicked off the safety. This expedition is about to go surprisingly sideways and he didn't need the force to tell him that.

But he felt something touch his helmet, a big leg tapping in a rhythm. He took a deep breath and moved away before it hit him, but he didn't see the other one take a swipe and knock him over. Now it's getting creepy.

He's not liking it at all.

WxWe797.png

"Am I right, Colonel, have you not really heard from either the Jedi or [Sith] of the various pathways that Force users can learn? And do you only know the path of the Sith or the Jedi but not the many different other adepts?"

He searched his memory concerning all of their previous meetings and interactions. He had spoken of many things to Ingrid, but he was reasonably sure he'd never spoken of that. He slowed his movement, allowing the distance between himself and Ingrid to grow. If Ingrid was monitoring his presence in the Force, she would undoubtedly have noticed he sudden change from wary open-mindedness to suspicion.

"I have met Force users from other disciplines," Beltran said slowly, answering her question. He remembered a mission he'd completed with Palm-Imer Palm-Imer several years ago. She had been part of a differing group of Force users based in the area of the galaxy known as Wild Space. "But only in passing. Not enough to learn much of their abilities or philosophies."

As they neared the deep settlement, they came upon a path the looked very much like a road. A pair of lumbering humanoids shuffled up toward them, causing Beltran to tighten his grip on his lightsaber. They seemed to be in some kind of trance like state. Before he could speak to them, he felt a wave of the alien presence in the Force and thought he heard the sound of a voice in his mind.

"You draw near.....Enter the seat of my realm.....I shall have....delegates present to lead you......The others will not attack......They shall not defy me so..."

Beltran would defer to Ingrid, allowing her to lead if she chose to follow the thralls to the source. He would scan the assembled beings as he walked, looking for any sign of aggression or attack. He could tell from their body language, that they took exception to the presence of the newcomers but none made so much as a move toward them.

"Whatever controls them," Beltran said to Ingrid. "It is powerful."

Last edited:
5Mmjpfm8eYk_3LJ5qRBCCFcQv6ywVbzL_Y7sOdkSVNQ3dnazkL9vFRbPyfaJ34Q36LA8WfAEgBB9btamqMEq7FsRB6jiS-JxrNQIMFFv_zzjFFBtBkBe_tty3TmX07ZY8oPGCuBm
Objective: I - Into the Depths
Tags: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga Trinity Harris Trinity Harris Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Ladybug Ladybug Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a Batva Narrator

Whatever was going on with the main group, it didn’t sound good.

Nevertheless, Eleena drowned out the noise, focusing instead on her surroundings so something similar didn’t befall her or Sallow. Riding a bike without weapons in the nose meant that she would have to rely on her pistol for defense, which Eleena felt was terribly underpowered, given the fact that she was more used to the more powerful cannons and energy torpedo launchers that were mounted on her Loralora. She had scratched her share of fighters and emplacements due to those weapons. Fortunately, it was unlikely that she’d run into those here.

However, even as she drowned out the frantic comm chatter, Eleena found her mind wandering back to Trinity. She hoped that the xenobotanist wasn’t going too berserk with scientific frenzy, especially if there were horror movie-grade insects crawling about. With a deep breath, Eleena re-opened the private channel with her girlfriend, hoping that she would receive the message before she made a bad decision.

“Hey Trinity ummm…just be patient, please. Batva and its…mushrooms will always be here. There’s nothing here that is worth dying for, okay? Please be careful. I love you.” She said, feeling awkward talking to her girlfriend in such a matronly, guiding manner. Nevertheless, being the soldier of the two, Eleena realized that in this context, she might know better than her girlfriend, especially if it came to potentially man-eating insects.

Giving a low sigh, Eleena continued to hold station outside the village, positioning her bike in a place where she could easily see her surroundings.

Overseer for Imperial Scientific Development

XKGxaSs.png

Riding: Phantom
Accompanied by: Plushee Companion Droid
Wearing: Guarderma Bio-suit
Ship: Luminary class light explorer exchanging crew space for biolabs
Adobe-Post-20210822-1242520-38650126531551476.png

Tags:
Arturo Braga Arturo Braga
Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera
Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa
Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a
Ladybug Ladybug

Karking Hell! Thought Trinity as gunfire erupted from behind her and two insectoids were dispatched. This was not a good time to have a chasm between them and her. Looking at her scanner there was further movement coming from ahead of her. She looked at the chasm, she could jump that right? 4m? She could jump that with space to spare in university. She was about to unclip her line for the jump when her private comm crackled to life.

“Hey Trinity ummm…just be patient, please. Batva and its…mushrooms will always be here. There’s nothing here that is worth dying for, okay? Please be careful. I love you.”

How do she know? That woman knew her so well, she stopped and thought, she was being reckless, that old scientist was under her skin and she was acting out of sheer frustration. "Hey, yeah, I'll be careful OK," she blushed at Eleena's worry and her expression of love "just...just, promise you'll never let me turn into one of those desk scientists, scared to get out into the field and wondering where my youth went." she smiled sweetly thinking about her girlfriend. "and you are wrong, there is one thing worth dying for down here my little queen, love you too!" she blew a kiss into the comm before heading back, carefully along her line towards the group. It had been seconds, she ran to the other scientists while the soldiers fought. She pulled out her small blaster pistol, she had shared a few gun-range dates and was better than she used to be, but she felt she would add little to the soldiers efforts. This just made her and the other soldiers feel safer. "Well shoot them then!" one of the other scientists said point put of their cover. "I'll only shoot if they come for us, I don't want to risk drawing their attention away from the people that are being paid to fight them for us." check her out using caution, why lure them over unnecessarily?

The data she had gathered already was useful, the genetic sequencing of the sour mushroom had come back and showed it was not a novel species which was disappointing, but still am extremely unusual find. She was very eager to progress further down the path and see what Eleena had found down by the river.

WxWe797.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Just Inside my Head ]

Ingrid didn't know if the man had learned from the Sith, and she didn't know about Solipsis either. This was such a common question, as during the war the Sith often tried to persuade the enemy to join them. That's why she said the question the way she did. She simply was pretty sure there were some who were trying to convince the colonel. The Empress nodded at the man's words when he said he didn't know them specifically.

"All right, we'll mention that soon when I start teaching you, Colonel." she promised.

There have been countless well-known schools, but maybe it will start with the famous ones who also have a place in the Maw. And of course, with the introduction of the Warden. But now was not the time to do so; for they arrived at the place. The red-haired woman heard the telepathic message again and the two thralls accompanied them. Ingrid clasped her hands behind her back and walked in a walking style similar to that of a senior military officer. They were already here, everyone saw them, and then she had to play the role that she was.

As they progressed, of course, she surveyed the area, her attention not waning for a single moment; Ingrid expected an attack every second. She felt the power of the person who was here. It was strong, but so was Ingrid; she was not worried. Only the red-haired woman hid her own power. She hid the reality from everyone, every time. Fortunately, she rarely encountered an opponent when she had to show her true strength. Carnifex and Prazutis were like that on Panatha. Or in the Netherworld against some entities or demons.

"Really strong, indeed. But I've been fighting stronger ones. Stay alert, if anyone tries to control you, let me know right away. I'll protect you, colonel!" she said softly.

In that case, she would have protected the man and would have been ready to kill anyone here who attacks them. But as always, the red-haired woman hoped this would not happen. Meanwhile, they arrived at the place where the Witch Queen was waiting. When they got there, she stopped in a small spread with a stiff back, and her hands clapped behind her back.

"Welcome! I'm Ingrid L'lerim of the Eternal Empire." she said. "We arrived to investigate the anomaly and radiation on the planet, which can also be felt in the Force."

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Niransh Binzra

N
WxWe797.png

Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi Ro-Tahn Mashayekhi

Niransh sat there on the rudimentary throne waiting for her potential guests. She has been waiting for centuries for when the fabled outsiders would come down from above. She felt her thralls get closer, as well as a wave of curiosity and restrained aggression from those under her rule from the tribes. She felt them peaking around the corners on the streets, through the entrances to their huts and hovels, and wherever they stood to stay out of the way. It was good they respected her thralls. She was certainly well pleased with them.

As she felt her thralls get ever more close, she then felt the two guests as her focus returned to them. They were at her door. It was nothing more than an ancient maintenence hatch, and the very one she used all those lost years ago to sneak in here to begin her work. Through her power, she commanded her thralls to open the door, and right as they were told they did exactly what she willed them to do. The two guests entered her sanctum. The main chamber was a large open space with pipes and vents hissing all around. It was a ring-like room where the beating heart of the machine was housed. The pistons of the air pump clanged in a rythm as they continued their function hundreds of thousands of years after their makers were annhiliated. As the others entered completely, Niransh ordered her thralls to close the door, and the door clanged shut behind the visitors.

Her seat was in front of the pump and the door. It was slightly off centered due to it being constructed by mindless thralls of the blind species. She sat leaning forward on her staff. Her white hair was tied back behind her crown with it in many knots due to her not grooming herself for the centuries she has lived. Her crown was black, and covered her eyes, forehead, and the sides of her face and head while leaving room for her large pointed ears to poke out. It had many gems pressed into the chitin materal making it look almost like she had many eyes to those who could see. They were smoothed, and round to then feel like many eyes for if she ever thought to let one of her kind in her sanctum. her robes were made of fibers from fungi and insect, as well as braces on her shins, wrists, and one of her shoulders made from pieces of chitin that kept everything fastened on her.

The more powerful one was in front of her, and Niransh could feel the authority of this one.

"Welcome! I'm Ingrid L'lerim of the Eternal Empire. We arrived to investigate the anomaly and radiation on the planet, which can also be felt in the Force."
Niransh did not speak immediately to make sure she understood what this one said. She had only learned the language recently, and seemd to communicate well. However, this was the first time she was spoken to in this new tongue. Eventually, after about a few seconds, she spoke in her raspy voice.
"No. You are welcome... I am the one who rules this world....and has ruled it for centuries... I am Niransh Binzra... I knew you outsiders would come to this world....I saw it many years ago..."
She paused again to catch her breath. This was the first time she has spoken in countless years. Her voice was raspy and quiet, a showing of her age. However, it held authority despite the possible weekness of her old throat producing sound after centuries of her being silent. Her words were also choppy in pronunceation, and she seemed to spit out the words as a result of the gutteral and consonent-heavy nature of her native tongue.
"I do not know what this Force is....However, it seems I am with it from what I have seen from your thoughts....I did peer beyond the roof of the world not too long ago with my....magics...Is that what you mean by 'the Force?'....."
She now waited for this one to speak again. In the meantime, she was curious about the other. That one did not speak, and was standing behind the one that spoke. Niransh felt power from this one too. A warrior. She knew letting them into her sanctum was a very risky move. She knew they could easily kill her with her fragile and whithered body. As she sat waiting, her posture remained the same. Her weight was on her staff as she leaned forward. She did not face them like typical eye-contact, and just faced her head straight-forward from where she sat.

WxWe797.png

"All right, we'll mention that soon when I start teaching you, Colonel."

Beltran nodded. His abilities, though powerful enough, were really a kind of mish-mash of various philosophies and styles and he recognized that a more structured approach to his learning might be warranted. Ingrid knew the Force well, and he also knew her to be a powerful and cunning warrior. The Lorrdian was quickly coming to find himself looking forward to learning what she had to teach him.

Stay alert, if anyone tries to control you, let me know right away. I'll protect you, colonel!"

Beltran nodded again. He had some idea what the kind of control Ingrid spoke of implied. He remembered the mind games that Darth Solispsis had played with him on Pillio, and he also remembered besting the Sith at them once. He remembered their hunting trip to Dxun as well, where Beltran had learned to control a predator with his own mind.

He knew how to put up barriers to protect himself in the Force, and did so now, though he did not feel any attempts to control his mind as yet. He followed Ingrid into the being's makeshift throne room. He took his place slightly behind and to the right of Ingrid as she spoke to the alien creature that sat atop the throne.

"Welcome! I'm Ingrid L'lerim of the Eternal Empire. We arrived to investigate the anomaly and radiation on the planet, which can also be felt in the Force."

Beltran, for his part, did not offer his name or even a greeting other than to incline his head respectfully to the being. This was, as they said, Ingrid's show.

"No. You are welcome... I am the one who rules this world....and has ruled it for centuries... I am Niransh Binzra... I knew you outsiders would come to this world....I saw it many years ago..."

The Alien responded. Beltran knew that the Force could offer up prophetic visions from time to time. Years ago on Crispor, he had come to find the body of one of his ancestors, a Jedi Temple Guard named Salian, who had fled Palpatine's Empire. Through the Force, his ancestor had been granted a vision of Beltran in the future and had chosen that place to die because he knew that Beltran would one day find him and have need of the kyber crystals he'd used to build his lightsaber.

"I do not know what this Force is....However, it seems I am with it from what I have seen from your thoughts....I did peer beyond the roof of the world not too long ago with my....magics...Is that what you mean by 'the Force?'....."

As the being asked its question, Beltran could see it was studying him. Through their body language, he could sense a wariness to the being. Not quite fear, but knowledge that the newcomers could be dangerous to them if they chose to attack. He allowed his own body language to relax a little, and his hand came away from the hilt of his lightsaber.

If the being had no ill intention toward them, then he had no desire to harm them. He'd seen more than his share of senseless slaughter in his life, and he had no desire to inflict more. War, he knew, would return to his life in time. But for now, as long as he was able, he would choose peace.

Last edited:
WxWe797.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Just Inside my Head ]

As they entered the room and the door closed behind them, Ingrid's muscles tensed. Nothing of that was visible, no one in the Force could feel it, but it happened. For now, the situation looked like they had been trapped. And she definitely didn’t like situations like that. Although she showed no sign of it. It would have been a weakness and the opponent would have won at that moment. And that was unacceptable to the Empress.

She looked around in the hall barely noticeably, assessing how many thralls or other creatures were here. Finally, Ingrid turned her full attention to the Queen. The creature looked very old; she may have been older than Ingrid, though that didn’t happen to the woman many times. Zachariel was different; he could be said to be young with his more than a thousand years because of his species. But this woman may have been ancient in her own race.

The local woman did not know what the Force was. Yes; it may have been a definite ancient and superstitious society. Such are those who do not know and call it something else. Magic. This was the most common one Ingrid encountered during her long life and studies. She could see and feel the old woman's reaction, and through the Force she could feel Beltran trying to change his soldierlike behaviour as well. But Ingrid was different.

She was a predator fed on life-force, negative energies and thoughts, who was part of the Netherworld and a semi-Force Entity; she was able to hide this from most living things, but not from the very strong, the too strong. Probably the woman also saw these; as well as the fact that Ingrid herself was deadly and life-threatening, though she didn’t want to hurt anyone now. However, she knows the woman did not know what the Force was; and it is always an infinitely high potential source of danger.

"The Force is what you use to control your people, with which you can speak to them with your mind in a spiritual language, or this is how you called us, or with how you had seen our coming." she replied. "Yes, I mean what you call "magics". Do you know what causes this strong radiation? I'm interested in this, because there is no Nexus or Vergence on the planet." she only told the last sentence to Beltran because she knew the colonel would understand.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Niransh Binzra

N
WxWe797.png

Niransh sat there and listened. That's all she could do, really. She did not know if these ones had other senses from wherever they come from. Wherever this Eternal Empire was. They were certainly different though. They were taller, and they spoke smoothly. Almost too smoothly for Niransh's comfort after living among the rough and gutteral language of her people. She could feel there was more to the one who was speaking. The sensation of concealing was felt, though what was being hidden was the question. She did not ask, nor did she change her posture in this realization. She knew these beings would be more physically powerful. She knew letting them into her sanctum where it was only her that lived in it, and only her setting foot inside it and living until this point. It was only Niransh and the outsiders. The first guests she has had in her sanctum, and the only ones that she has brought into her sanctum and would allow to leave.

"The Force is what you use to control your people, with which you can speak to them with your mind in a spiritual language, or this is how you called us, or with how you had seen our coming." she replied. "Yes, I mean what you call "magics". Do you know what causes this strong radiation? I'm interested in this, because there is no Nexus or Vergence on the planet."
Niransh certainly was paying attention with what this other one said. A few words she did not understand, but may in the future, were thrown out. However, Niransh found it fascinating that this magic she has wielded for centuries is not as rare as she thought. These beings from the other worlds knew of it well, who knows how common it is.
"So my magics and this Force are the same thing......interesting..."
She paused again to see if maybe she could guess what the words meant. She could not.
"What would a Nexus.....or Vergence be?....You outsiders seem to know more than what you tell me....."
She then stopped, and waited. She did not like the unknown. For years, she has gotten rid of the unknown for her in her world, yet these outsiders introduce new knowledge. She must know. She will not have the unknown destroy what she has spent centuries making by exploiting her ignorance.

OOC Note: The raidiation is felt very strong in this room. The tendrils of Niransh controlling her people stretch out from her like a web of cords. The raidation pulses throughout the sanctum stronger than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom