Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Devastation of Nirauan | NIO | Populate of Ansion

Call me Chiss one more time....

D2zf6v0.png

DEVASTATION OF NIRAUAN
THE SECOND GREAT HYPERSPACE WAR: 870 ABY

Ave Rurik Fel Rurik Fel
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku 's Myrmidon, the 173rd Legion under Dante Corvus Dante Corvus

ILoW9ro.png

Objective I: Operation Peacemaker
Prologue- The Cost of All We Hold

N I V M Y R M I D O N
{Shuttle Bay Dorn, 20 minutes before Myrmidon Droppods launched.}
"Get those power cells over here!"
"Well how about a hand, yeah? I only got two myself."

"Where you headed, trooper?"
"Down to shield emitter control, Sir!"
"When you get there, tell Private Yertl to stop screwing around?"
"Yessir!"
"Good man."
<<"Attention all hands, shuttles are taxiing. Please clear the thoroughfare.">>
"Hey Kosh! What in the kriffing hells are you wearing?"

Many voices filled the bustling shuttle bay as Mav called out to his friend, who laughed when he heard him. Both troopers wore armor they'd never used before, and held their helmets under their arms. This was the second time the two of them would be deploying together with brand new armor: first as rookies into the burning of Dathomir, and now wearing the Mark IV, courtesy of the 173rd Legion, who they'd be supporting from dropships after their pods fell, moving in just before the deployment of Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt 's Red Riders.

Kosh lifted a sniper rifle with a flourish.
"Check it out, man!"
"Hey, an Angry Owl! I told you! 'Course you'd make sharpshooter, eyes like yours?"
"Yep." Kosh sighed shmarmily. "Your little plinker's gonna look pretty silly out there next to this piece of hardware."
"Yeah, uh, about that..."
and Mav hefted a concussion rifle so Kosh could get a better look.
"No way. There's no kriffing way that's a CF6."
"Isn't it sweet?"
"I'm telling you, man! This is tryouts! The new armor, the sweet gear? Prove ourselves down there, and we're the next generation of Myrmidons!"

Mav chuckled, as the pair began to make their way to their assigned dropship. "Pretty sure grunts like us don't get bumped up to Special Forces so quickly."
"Well, we should. That'd make up for that '10 day' assignment on Dathomir that turned into a month!"
"Hey, we got a pay bonus!"
"A lousy pay bonus."

The concussion rifle was heavier than Mav was used to, but he'd trained on concussion rifles in basic and knew the extra weight was worth it. "Y'know, would've been nice to have one of these CF6's when that Nydak charged."
Kosh was already laughing. "I thought we agreed never to discuss that?"
"Well, look on the bright side; after the way that thing thrashed you and broke my knife, what could possibly be worse?"

Objective I: Operation Peacemaker
Chapter 1- A Greater Sum than Any Guess
N I R A U A N
{The war-torn New Carrania, near the City Center.}
"C'mon pal, nnrgh, we gotta move."

Kosh was heavier in his Mark IV, but adrenaline made dragging him a cinch. His rifle slung over his shoulder, Mav stumbled backwards away from the crashed dropship as blasterfire and the roar of fighters overhead deafened him. He couldn't hear his own breathing, or the thump of his panicked steps. Couldn't hear Kosh's boots dragging across the dusty street, or Kosh's voice over the commlink. There was just a constant clamour in his ears. The roar.

Eventually Mav made it into a building. There were never any homes in warzones. No bistros, libraries, schools. They were all just buildings. Lowering Kosh by his armpits, Mav laid him down and sat on the ground under a window. You never saw "buildings" in a regular city. It was a warehouse, or a cyber center, or a droid dealership. Breathing heavy, Mav supposed war did that to soldiers, too. He wasn't a philosopher, and Kosh wasn't an artist. There were no brothers or sisters or craftsmen or racers or musicians out here. Only walking, talking weapons.

And bodies.

Mav's breathing calmed. His helmet's system began to adjust to the ambient noise level. He could hear his own breath. The footsteps outside. The rifle on his back scraping against the wall.

But he still couldn't hear Kosh's voice over comms.

Damnit. Not you, too.

A crowd of undead were beginning to form in the street outside, come to inspect the downed dropship. As they peered closer at the smoldering wreckage, what remained of the 22nd Airborne Group leapt from hiding and opened fire on the horde. Among them came Mav, his concussion rifle blowing torsos apart and sending the hungry thrall flying for yards. "Regroup on me! Sight their heads. Keep distance, don't engage in a melee. Leave the-"

His voice caught for a moment. There was a pause as they continued to fire, repositioning to form on Mav. "Leave the dead where they lie. We've got to regroup with the 173rd. Let's move, troopers!"

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways
your_name_0.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Reflection
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku

Auteme had spent time on Nirauan, but all her memories were of him.

The more she thought about it, the more insane it seemed. Sheer chance. In a hall in the Senate Building, meeting the most laid-back Warlord of the entire New Imperial Order, who was willing to take her to see the best of it. A man her opposite in so many ways, yet equally the one she fit most easily with.

They'd been forced apart before; the brief divide between the Alliance and the New Imperials that had weakened both. But that time, her thoughts fled often to the then-prince, knowing he was on the other side seeking the same goal, even if they didn't see each other often. She'd spent nights upon nights wondering what he was thinking, how he was feeling; every morning wishing that things would get better, and they could be reunited. She'd had doubts, second thoughts; every time she saw him, they were washed away.

The time they'd spent together, that then seemed only a moment, now felt like a lifetime she could not explain. Just to wake up next to him was enough. Not once had she slept poorly. Never did she feel stressed.

She'd woken up at five in the morning, and laid in bed until six, when the news started. She saw herself and Chancellor Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe on Jedha, and a long list of war reports that made her want to lay in bed longer. But it was the images of Nirauan that stopped her in her tracks. She'd had to call Kirie Kirie to clear her schedule -- she was in no condition to meet with anyone.

That was the problem, wasn't it? She couldn't mix him into her work; there was some barrier between her love and her life, and it was the same for him. That perfection, completeness, the absolute and incorruptible joy that they had together was something she couldn't bring everywhere, and that cut deep into her soul.

She hadn't allowed herself to stop, to wonder about him, to wish he were here -- he couldn't be. He had to be there. They called often, spoke; she smiled, laughed, was happy. Then she made an excuse, saying she needed to get back to work, or had a meeting soon, or in the morning and she needed to get to bed. And they said goodbye, and she spent an hour fighting the lump obstructing her throat, the load oppressing her heart, which couldn't be fixed by hearing him more.

Her day should've been quiet, restful; their apartment was instead filled with a cycle of crying, ravenous eating, and silent reading. She read poetry. The last time she'd opened a real book must've been months ago -- back when he was still here.

Men sometimes come and question me
How many years my age may be,
Seeing my temples silver now
And flecks of snow upon my brow

This is the answer that I give
"When I count up the life I live
Applying all my reason's power,
I make the total just one hour."

"And how", my questioner replies
In accents of amazed surprise
"Mak'st thou this sum, which seems to me
Beyond all credibility?"

"One day", I answer, "she I love
All other earthly things above
Lay in my arms, and like a thought
Her lips with mine I swiftly sought.

"And though the years before I die
Stretch out interminably, I
Shall only count my life in truth
As that brief hour of happy youth."

She felt her worries were selfish -- what if he changes? What if he needs me, or I him? What if he is lost? But she worried anyways that this was all there would be; brief touches that felt like the only true life, then the endless calls of duty and crisis that tore them apart.

With everything Lucien had told her, she knew how much Nirauan meant to him, and the New Imperials. It was right that he was there; now she wondered if it was right that she wasn't. It was important to him. That should have been enough to make her go with him, to fight, to protect, with everything she had. Yet even that wish felt selfish; how many times had she held him back? The guilt of Coruscant, of Ziost, of Korriban -- every wound he suffered alongside her was hers to bear, long after those wounds had healed.

But, she wasn't there. She sat, exhausted, weeping.

For a moment it reached to her. Across the galaxy she felt a small thread binding them. That was enough.

She fought the weight in her heart, the lump in her throat. Enough worrying.

The thread became taught, then widened into a tunnel. She poured herself through, finding every part of herself. There was worry and fear, pain and guilt; there was love, strength, and her. She found a well inside herself, impossibly deep, and poured it into him. Strength like only the Force could give went to him, but equally her reminders:

Stay safe. Come back.

I love you.

DeArvC9.png

She of the Stars
IMPERIAL KNIGHT
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya

N5cG5gd.png

MOSHED-2021-10-31-2-4-35.jpg

WALK FREE
The devastation relayed to her paled in comparison to witnessing it firsthand. The fleeting rarity of her grace across the battlefield had left her tempered, guarded, and steeled against the horror besetting her from each side, from the suffering that seeped into the edges of her fortitude and murmured its maddening cries of doubt. Fruitlessly, would it try to delve into her confidence, where it could hollow out her resolve and challenge her belief. Yet, as steady as the shore battered by the storm, the sephi would not relent, her heart mortared behind eternal walls of light; a bastion without equal measure. Without suffering, there was no euphoria, no delight, no joy. Without the Darkness, there was no Light. It was as the moon, merely two faces of a force beyond grasp, and much like the celestial bodies, it waxed and waned. This was merely one phase in the cycle, as endless as the turn of the galaxy itself, and few understood that as intimately as Thilde did.

She stood head and shoulders below her brothers, her pale countenance bearing no mark of war, her hands unsullied by the blood of conquest. Yet she did not stand beside them timidly, no lamb amongst lions, her might was measured in the sheer Presence her soul permeated the air with, a divine hymnal of the Light's eloquence. Its opulence radiated from her crystalline eyes, the moonlit pools twinkling with the ripples of energy humming beneath the armor she was bound by. The bloodshed flowing in the path before her was acknowledged, the woman resisting the struggle to cringe as she felt every cleave of each axe, she felt the warbling hiss of plasma through flesh and felt the life slip from the evil as it was condemned back to the reaches from whence it came. Her pale lashes fluttered to close momentarily, her breast swelled with the intake of breath, and hollowed in equal time measure, deepening her channel into the font of power nestled beneath her heart.

A cool wind caressed her features, brushing the platinum strands from her cheeks, as The Force moved with her. She could feel it too, perhaps more so, the Darkness coiling its insidious tendrils around their psyches. Yet where he initially expressed wariness toward it, Thilde acknowledged it with a shallow nod of her head. Radiant gems fixed upon him, the woman turning her head up to peer at his weathered face, and she offered him a tender smile. "And such is why I am here, Luc," she almost hummed, "hold fast, we will not falter now, nor will they." A gentle hand curled around his arm, giving his bicep a squeeze before she withdrew, and clasped her hands together before her chest. A quiet word within her native tongue was cast between her lips, a catalyst for her will, it carried the resonance of her faith. From her, the empyrean wind swept, ushering its valorous reach to those warring Angels, strengthening the measure of their resolve.

Though the Darkness was entrenched, it circled them, yet it could go no further than she would permit, ever the lantern in the night, Thilde's will sung upon the spurred winds, brushing the corruption aside where it could impede them no more. By his side, she ascended, her hands leveled by her waist, where radiant palms curled toward the sky, maintaining the channel she enacted.

"Stay close, Tilly." He continued, another glance shared between the two Knights. "Nothing good awaits you or I in this...in my fortress."

His words reached her, his suspicion shared. She knew he was right, yet she could not bear it to furrow her brow or scowl in the admission- she wasn't the sort to be dissuaded. "You're right," Thilde spoke, "thus we must pave the path for its return, whatever the cost, we will see it done together."

D2zf6v0.png

NEPHILIM
THE_IRON_MAIDEN
LORD EXECUTOR
N5cG5gd.png

eye_banner.png

// One week prior to the NIO's re-engagement...
// ALTITUDE 43762 ft

Riding high over devastated worlds had become something all too common in her itinerary, though it was by no hand's design but her own. They would not forsake Nirauan, they would not allow the soldiers and civilians left in the wake of The Maw's indiscriminate destruction to die, nor would they allow those who had sacrificed their lives in the effort to safeguard the planet to do so in vain. The Maw still ran rampant through the streets of New Carannia, spreading their pestilence recklessly, and the New Imperial Order would not allow them to do so unchecked. She would not allow chaos to take root and penetrate the core of the world, their diplomatic heart, not while she was still drawing breath. It happened beneath all of their noses on Carlac, it would not happen again. It was too risky, she had been told by intelligence officers, to deploy a strike force to the planet by traditional means, yet with contact mostly lost to those upon the ground, there was no way of knowing just how risky it was, or how much time they had left before those men and women left behind would be overrun and snuffed out of existence despite fighting for every breath they drew.

The rumblings of counterattack had been underway almost as soon as they had departed the planet in their forced retreat, with the knowledge that time was needed to lick their wounds and rally more soldiers to thrust back into the meatgrinder. Diplomats and Warlords always took too long to get anything done, their egos and bickering hindering their judgment and the progression toward achievement. Still a grunt at heart, Noel could not stand idly by while the whys and hows were debated across the table back and forth, not while her brothers and sisters struggled for air in the chokehold of The Brotherhood of the Maw. It was around the table she announced she would be deploying her personal task force, and she would re-establish communications, taking the bold step forward that no others seemed willing to. And not a soul had protested, knowing full well she was not to be dissuaded once her mind was set on a mission, personal or otherwise. If anything, Noel's blossoming tenure as Lord Executor had only reinforced the idea that she was no dreamer, no idealist, she did not thrive in theory and discussion- she lived in action alone. There was no in-between, no compromise. If anyone was going to get in there and get it done, it was her and those loyal soldiers mutually pledged to her ever-forward momentum.

Intelligence was a hot commodity, one they were unfortunately deprived of in the days after their withdrawal. Soldiers who had been in too deep to be extracted had been left behind in the scramble, a sin unforgivable at the core of her augmented soul, and one she would justly see righted before further wrong was done. So it had been then, she overruled the advisors who told her to stay out of it and summoned her Hellhounds to her side, those left after the original fight had eagerly gathered their kits and boarded the ship with her, their course set for Nirauan. She did not know then, just how dire the situation was on the world, nor did she know precisely how long she too would be stranded amongst those left behind, but it was of little consequence and concern in her mind. They would endure this. And they would be stronger for it.

Poised within the belly of the AV, the newly pledged Hellhounds watched her with stoic curiosity, many of them entirely unacquainted with her methods, while the veterans of the task force took the time they were afforded to doze off and enact their own pre-battle rituals, each of them understanding the severity of what it was they were to do. HALO jumps were no easy feat, especially into hot territory, but in this situation, it was reliably the only way to get their boots on the ground. Too dangerous to land the craft, and too hot to parachute down traditionally. They needed the added stealth of high altitude to cover their transport's approach, and the gamble of close ground chute deployment to ensure they were as accurate on their landing mark as possible.

<"We're approaching the drop zone, ninety seconds."> the cyborg's voice crackled over the interlinked commo, spurring the men gathered with her to animation, and she turned her head with her rise to her feet, beckoning them toward the sliding door with a hand. <"We're going in hot, scans show active AA in the area, clouds should cover us, but the last stretch is going to be risky. Focus up, keep an eye on your monitors.">

<"Now's a fethin' bad time to tell you I'm terrified of heights, ain't it?"> Bravo spoke up, the mirialan shrugging his armored shoulders with her harsh gaze leveled toward him, <"Just saying, I've done this before, but it never gets any easier."> His words brought Charlie some amusement it seemed, as the typically silent soldier almost wheezed over the link, his chest rattling with the gesture. <"If you piss your pants, know I'm going to make fun of you until the day I die,"> Delta reassured him, <"I always liked these jumps, gives lots of time to think.">

<"Check your lines and packs,"> Noel cut through the chatter dutifully, grasping at the locked handle of the door, <"I'd rather not have to scrape any of you off the towers after this chit is done with."> The weight of a hand pressed against the flank of her shoulder, Echo was ready. <"Awwwww, Strasza, you're gonna make me blush, getting all sentimental like that."> Were it not for the helmet clasped over her head, surely the man would have been melted by the almost spiteful glower she fixed him with. <"You sure you don't need a chute?"> he continued despite the heat he felt from her glare, <"You're gonna be dropping like a stone.">

<"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I was built for this bullshit."> she almost sounded exhausted, as though she had explained this a dozen times over already, <"Waiting for the green light and we're going. And... remember, don't bite your tongues."> As if the pilots had heard her, the yellow light overhead flicked to green, and as soon as she checked all her men were stacked safely, her wrist wrenched the handle of the door upward and she pulled it back, exposing them to the bitter winds. <"Echo, Delta, Bravo, Charlie, Foxtrot, I'll pull up the rear!"> she reminded them of their order, <"Go!">

One by one, the men plunged from the safety of the craft, throwing themselves from the gut-wrenching height into a free fall meant for crashing stars. When each of them had assumed the position and righted himself, Strasza dove after them, tucking her arms in tightly by her sides, giving chase. And there, she found some semblance of calm before the storm. Enough of these jumps had learned her to appreciate the quiet of falling, the calming muffle of the winds rushing by, and the residual weightlessness created, even as gravity did its best to rip them from the heavens and splatter them on the ground. Fueled by a rapid influx of information across her retinal HUD, she shifted her legs, angling her body to guide her descent to the right, where she overtook the falling angels with her and showed them where to go. Seconds dragged into minutes. Minutes into more. And it wasn't until the decimated city came into clearer view and the alert to deploy her landing system flashed across her sight that she reengaged from her meditative state.

Power cells twisted into sockets, the modified armor of her back, arms, and legs shifted aside, propelled by her body's synchronization with the mechanized plates, and she gave the silent command to deploy. The Celest Landing System integrated throughout her body deployed fully, firing off crackling charges of energy to slow her descent until she could control it precisely. Their landing zone was the top of the crumbling wall left around Fortress Imperium, the remains of a stalwart beacon of their resolve. The underground portions of the fortress would serve well as redoubts for communication and coordination, providing the New Imperials on the way with the invaluable information they needed, so long as she could get it up and running again. Beside and behind her, parachutes cracked open, the ground far more in focus now, and she glimpsed over her shoulder to confirm visual on five parachutes open. The gamble had paid off.

Now it was time to get to work.

The day had come, but not swiftly enough. While their reinforcements had the luxury of rest and full kits, the soldiers entrenched at what remained of Fort Imperium had no such privilege. The days had not been kind to them, the fates even less so, and as their numbers waned, the situation became increasingly dire. What little they had, they clung to desperately, struggling in an endless fight for their lives with every battering crash against the crumbling walls, with every bold charge through their defensive line, and every howling undead push into the breached underground tunnels of the fortress proper. They were tired, low on supplies, and all but running on fumes. Yet they fought regardless, the embodiment of willpower manifested, willing to hold out for as long as they could in the hope they would be saved. And when the Hellhounds, spear-headed by the Lord Executor herself arrived, the end was finally in sight.

Or so they had thought.

Swiftly, she had reestablished order and communications, repairing and projecting the antennas to carry information back across the BattleNet, giving insight where High Command had otherwise been blinded. Dropzones were marked and shared, the frequent routes of their enemies flagged, and an effort had been made to beat back the ravenous dead and dogs at their doorstep, providing them all with some breathing room that saw the first sleeping shifts established within days. Strasza was ruthlessly efficient in how she settled so effortlessly into her element, taking command of the banded survivors, and even ordering their doors opened to any survivors and Imperial citizens they could find in the leveled blocks around their bastion, as few as they were. Halketh's parting gift had left them all on the back foot, his final web cast over the mire raised the dead still intact enough to fight back into service, damning the survivors to a nightmarish end outnumbered and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of opposition.

Yet they had endured.

From the rooftop, the Iron Maiden watched through binoculars as the streaking plummet of dropships in the distance heralded in the arrival of the counterattack. Thunder rolled, the ships in orbit shuddering with the release of so many souls, and it was enough to earn cheers of relief from the men below who witnessed it. She too shared in this feeling, though she was far from the type to vocalize it. Rather, she set back into the cadence of her position, reclining her weight down into a kneel, and brought forth her tacpad. Digits rapidly flew across the cracked screen, brushing aside the dried blood and dust gathered from her week of fighting tooth and nail, dialing in her frequency. <"Iron Maiden to Corvus, you're six mikes out from Redoubt. We've swept the streets clean on eastern approach, but expect to encounter clusters of the dead on your way in, we can't kill and burn 'em fast enough. Scanners show a horde nearly six hundred strong is roaming on the southernmost reach of the district, so keep your approach quiet. We'll clean them out in due time, over.">

"Lord Executor!" a voice shouted from below, "The dead are rushing the tunnels again!"

"Son of a b!tch," the cyborg hissed, shoving the binoculars and tacpad she clutched into the chest of Echo beside her, "you're on overwatch, keep sharp. I'm going under." The scout nodded hastily, accepting both the offerings unceremoniously dumped in his charge. "You got it." Strasza arose sharply and turned to jog off, nimbly descending the busted wall to reach the ground, where she rallied the soldiers still fit to fight to join her below ground in confronting another wave of the hellish soldiers left to torment them all.

U16sLat.png

ICARUS
"SAWBONES"
TRAUMA TEAM // PAPA-JULIET | 5/5
// Julian Qar Julian Qar \\
Open to opposition.

Icon_Descent_Velocity_Modulator.webp

AzLXzUl.png

"Listen up! Once we get down there it's gonna be hell. I'm not gonna sit here and sugarcoat this for y'all. Most of y'all have been with me for years, some of y'all are new. I say the same chit every time, I reckon y'all are tired of hearin' my mouth, but our newbie Sawbones wanted a pep talk so here we go. Trauma team, I need you prepared, alert, and fightin' with all the courage you got in your fucken hearts. We got lives to save people!"

Wide-eyed and petrified, the specialist gulped and nodded his head eagerly, though the pep talk was much less peppy than he actually wanted to hear. He didn't feel any better. Not in the slightest. Courage? In their hearts? He was no coward, but he wasn't a soldier, either. The time to consider the follies of his past which had led him to this specific moment in time was dwindling, those seconds ticking by faster than he could tangibly grasp. Vlad teetered on the edge of blacking out entirely, something he was familiar with, though for entirely different reasons. Blood rushed to his head, wobbling his vision, and it didn't get any better as he was ever-so-gently nudged forward in the line to stand on the edge of the transport floor, where the slope of the ramp started. He was the second to jump, following the woman positioned in front of Julian's lead. Hands grasped desperately onto the bar overhead, mustering up some semblance of stability, as he struggled to keep himself from darting to the farthest corner from the door and cowering. Heights were still one of the few things that frightened him. Sweat trickled from the matted hair compressed by his helmet, cutting a path down to his stubbled jaw, and forcing him to shiver.

<"INCOMING! Drop now!"> the pilot verbally shoved the trauma team out the door, his voice rattling the entire craft with its bass as a blob of plasma struck the side of the transport, throwing everyone within off balance entirely. And unfortunately for the short line Vlad was standing in, their balance was thrown forward. "CHIT! CHIT! CHIT!" the specialist cried out, fumbling as the floor was lost to him and replaced by the maddening spiral of the ground beneath, his position compromised, and his body left to flail and spin out of his control, now plummeting toward the chaos below. He held his breath, panic choked him, and desperately tried to recall what it was he had done in training when this sort of situation occurred. The arch. The arch. Oh gods, what was supposed to arch? A grip on his pack's shoulder drew him from his dizzying plunge, and it took him a second to process that he wasn't spinning anymore. A twist of his helmeted head revealed Barnes just behind him, leveling him out. He couldn't see it, but he could certainly feel the smirk on the man's face.

He peered beyond the soldier, looking toward the smoldering craft rushing off course, and took note of the three other falling bodies dropping not so far away. At least, he soothed himself then, everyone had gotten out alive. Well, hopefully, everyone, the pilot's fate would remain a mystery. Vlad turned his focus forward, squinting against the light, as he tried to recall the drop zone lain out for him previously. Luckily for his often spotty memory, he didn't have to, as the retinal HUD implanted across his eyes outlined the zone in green, highlighting it against the ruin. Slowly he assumed the proper position, leveling his shoulders and relaxing his legs against the drag of gravity, and dislodged the breath from his throat. Heat rushed from his head down to his toes, fighting off the chill of the air as the temporary panic dissipated to provide him a brief respite. There would always be something to stress about later, of that he was sure, and though he tried to enjoy the paradoxical calm of the dive, the looming sense of dread couldn't be shaken off so easily.

The monitor strapped around his wrist chimed, the screen flashed, and at once, he yanked his ripcord to his chute and braced for the sudden wrench of his limp body against its drag. The bruises would form regardless of whether or not he was prepared, but he steeled his nerve regardless, remembering to keep his jaw loose and his tongue relaxed so as to avoid biting the wily thing off. Now falling at a much more gentle speed, his hands grasped the control paddles, and he set to the task of steering himself between the bludgeoned buildings and towers, lest he became another questionable stain splattered across one of their faces. <"You're welcome, kid."> Barnes just had to taunt him over their commo, jeering from his position ten yards away from where it was Vlad was gliding. <"You know something Barnes, have you ever considered a vow of silence? I heard women really like strong and mysterious types!"> He shot back, <"Maybe then you'd get a date and wouldn't be on my jock all the time!">

Silence followed.

Good, the sergeant was learning.

V didn't have any time to savor this little victory, won twice over now, as the ground approached. And with the ground, came the swarm of monsters all across it raising their weapons and firing in his direction. Right back into his throat leaped his heart, the chaotic cadence spurring up even higher with the streaks of inaccurate blaster fire screaming by. They were just taking potshots at him, they weren't even aiming well. He wanted to question why it was they were shooting at him, but if he'd learned anything in his time dwelling in the underground, it's that people didn't need motives to shoot each other. It was always 'us' versus 'them', the human nature as old as time, drawing lines and forming times to oppose one another. Gangs, armies, factions, sports, it didn't matter, it was all justifiably the same at the end of the day. However, what he did come to realize then is that he was about to be the first one with boots on the ground, under fire.

And he only had a pistol.

Last edited:

EB577-E4-B-D369-482-C-8-CA6-BBB6-CA722-D65.gif

DARK LORD OF THE SITH | VOICE OF THE MAW
Hand of Thrawn
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Thilde Yahl Thilde Yahl | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

You will have nothing. Your privilege is the dirt.

Total War. Nirauan is saturated in unending conflict as the Brotherhood’s month long occupation endured after their Pyrrhic victory. By the end of the invasion, the Brotherhood had succeeded in ravaging New Carannia and Nirauan as a whole.

But at what cost?

The losses were almost incalculable. Body after body thrown out as fodder to the New Imperial defense at Nirauan, for every Imperial dead they took two or more of the Mawite number, even a month after the invasion they still suffered for attempting to hold ground in the heartland of the enemy. After dire losses at Jedha on the Alliance front, it became prevalent that bolstering any attempts to maintain a presence on the hostile world of Nirauan would be delayed indefinitely.

The invasion had taken it’s toll on the invading force, despite the ground they now held the fight was far from over and no help was in sight. The warlords and their chief military advisors began drawing up plans to make a strategic withdrawal, or somehow weather the storm that was to come, frustration growing among leading commanders. To them all, it was a setback in the grand aim of the dark crusade, to the Dark Voice it was another chess move made, another successful display of power and most of all a chance to spread fear.

The galaxy would be made clean and it would do so by tearing itself apart first then fall under their cleansing flame. They would leave Nirauan and all Imperial worlds they touched a shattered graveyard unfit for even the lowest filth.

They would have nothing. Their privilege, the dirt beneath their feet and the countless dead buried under the weight of a thousand cries in perpetual terror. The galaxy would burn, and they would watch as it all came down.

GM1OQzU.png

Darkness.

The low hum of the chamber’s atmospheric replicators and isolation dampeners could be heard in the backdrop, but if not for this low pitched sound..

Nothing. Silence.

Empty.

A nearly tangible transparent mist of red miasma filled the the round chamber like a spring mist. Power crackled through the air unseen, raw and unbridled. A physical manifestation of hatred made an impression against the interior walls as pressure surmounted against their normally dominant and imposing stature. Small groans of strain whispered out into the empty void, the metal buckling under the weight of the daunting figure who sat in the eye of the silent storm, the apex of it all. Legs crossed, hand at his side, the Dark Lord meditated in a deep trance.

Eyes closed, locked away in the realm metaphysical. The Dark Lord of the Sith levitated roughly a foot from the chamber flooring, a palpable wave of simmering hate radiated off his very skin like a mist, saturating the area in his corrupting taint.

Eyes wide open.

The low hum of the chamber was replaced by the sudden hiss of the sliding doorway, a lone silhouette basked in the emergent light that flooded in, violating the oubliette of the Dark Voice.

Stained eyes fueled by fire and hate stared out into the light reflecting on him. The Dark Lord unfolded his legs and touched upon the floor, his face filled with dark grimace and sinister resolve as he slowly approached the
silent attendant.

“Bring them to me.”

799103E6-894A-4DF8-94C4-52093D1EC200.gif

Last edited:

D2zf6v0.png

DEVASTATION OF NIRAUAN
E M P E R O R
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
ORDER OF THE IMPERIAL KNIGHTS
Iron Skin | Lightsaber

Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya | Thilde Yahl Thilde Yahl
Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
N5cG5gd.png

iAcnVVK.jpg

CUT YOU DOWN

He had all but one promise to this Empire. That they would be safe under his reign. They would not live in fear of the dark, they would not tremble with the existential peril of the rising tide of chaos bursting over the bulward of order. He failed them. There was no fault to lay with anyone but him. He was the one leader. The one ruler above all.

He had failed, he would make right. Nirauan would be purged of the unclean, they would suffer the darkness no longer.

A silent recollection to the final warning he issued to the Maw and Sith forces still present on the Empire's vaunted seat of defiance.

"The chance to surrender has long passed. Those Sith and adherents of chaos still present on Nirauan will see it made their tomb. I have returned...and I bring reckoning. I bring the end. The Iron Sun will rise over Nirauan once more. To those continuing to fight the Empire, I present two options. Your fate...is within your hands. Your options are as follows- fight on...to the bitter end, or commit suicide at your soonest opportunity. My will shall be done...and there be nothing left of any of you." Rurik stated in orbital relay across the world's communication systems.

He embarked unto the burning hellscape that came after Nirauan, the once Empire of the Hand, trembled into the Maw. A sole iron grasp would pull it from the depths.

Upon the Hand of Thrawn, the ancient Hijarna stone fortress which served as the world's Bastion would be one of the final markers of liberation. The Iron Crusade was well under way in its assault, utilizing one of its specialities in siege attacks to penetrate the fortress by any means available alongside their brothers in the Angels of Defiance. Though they might have been separated into arbitrary units, they fought as brothers all the same.

The Myrmidons charged headlong into the bloody fray first alongside their compliment of Knights, a collective host fit for the man who led them. As brutal and reckless but nevertheless, effective. Just as Rurik's own collective of units under his command reflected him. Disciplined, quiet professionals who delivered lethality second to none.

The darkness lingered on the world like a sickening plague, an ever present scourge in the air and aura of the wounded world. It was all but impossible to avoid and seize quarter from. Rurik knew far better than to soak into its embrace. His discipline, his full control of mind and body would win him the day over the Darkness, the shameless release to emotion and impulse, to rage. By any logical front, he should be enraged, he should thrashing with crimson in his eyes. But he walked with the same, methodical, heavy footfalls as that he always did. He presented the same placid, metal visage to the world in terror that he did ever. He would enact the change he sought, not change himself by the whims and winds of fate so long as he could control it.

He started his march of death. His presence on the field of battle offered an aura all its own. Sith or Mawite Marauder, it didn't matter. A single heavy-handed swing or riposte of his argent blade and they were fallen to the ornate stone beneath, crimson ichor flowing through the timeworn cracks with every slain enemy.

That darkness that permeated in the first battle here, the aura of the truest demon, Solipsis lingered here in potency. He riled his mind in anticipation for an encounter with the Sith'ari. Flanked by two troopers of the 501st with the image of cobalt skulls painted on the right side of their helmets, he marched into the doomed sanctum of the Empire once more, at the head of the very same pack of disciplined killers that followed the late Imperator into battle. He took the same men who fought at Irveric's side to fight at his. Another vessel of retribution against these profane, depraved beasts which marauded their vaunted seat of defiance.

The demon lingered here again. Good. He had no avenue of escape. Rurik honed in on his thoughts, his mortal coil as a means to channel his power and will to fight in the hopes that here and now would be the moment within which he brought the end to the demon. Severing the head from the snake would lead the whole foundation of his marauder state to crumble.

As he treads into the vaunted ground once more, he encapsulated a single decisive aim in his mind.

He was going to cut him down.​

BYOO|NIRAUAN| Business
AIKO HAYATA, CEO OF HAYATA CORP
TAGS//: Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

8foFMuM.png

Carannia was an absolute mess; even when it was built up and rather devoid of the dead, she didn't like it. Old, archaic, she much preferred the familiar climes of Atrisia and Coruscant. Were it not for business matters regarding Imperial territory, neither her, her entourage, or a single Hayata representative would be found on this forsaken planet.

No, her matters regarded Cathar and several other former Sith holdings now precariously found in possession of Fels legions. But where uncertainty lay over these planets' future lay the lucrative pull of profit for her and her own ambitions. Fel wouldn't care what she and her fellow business partners plans for the Catharese were; they were a minor insignificant species of felines that had been staunchly pro Sith. Not a group the Imperial administration would be running to protect their rights anytime soon. Aiko had the budget for such a project, which would extend across multiple industrial zones across Cathar and would see tens of thousands of Catharese forced to produce clothing and armaments for Hayatas arms contracts with the Imperial armed forces. Such arrangements proved much cheaper than relying on legal workforces in the core, it cut the costs in the long run and let her business focus on better ventures.

She found her acquaintance waiting in the central lobby of the trade federation ship lobby bar, which had a clear view of the destruction below. It made for a quaint sight to drink cocktails to and plan business ventures, that was for sure.

D2zf6v0.png

DEVESTATION OF NIRAUAN
Y U N G _ S K A K O
DIRECTOR
TRADE FEDERATION

Aiko Hayata Aiko Hayata

The Galaxy was burning. The Maw's teeth dug into both the Empire and the Alliance in savage fury. As much as a galactic tragedy it might have been, to be dragged into another devastating conflict. Gat Tambor was, after all, a primary benefactor of the bloodshed. Fueling the war machine of the Empire, the resurgence of bloodshed was a welcome change to the Trade Federation's coffers, even at the cost of mortal souls.

As was the nature of Gat Tambor, he didn't care to 'visit' those who sought to meet with him, ignoring a solid majority of perhaps upwards of 90% of the requests to meet with him that ever required him to leave exactly where he was unless it was the matter of production or development of a product under the direct supervision of one of his many personal corporate holdings. He was after all, a man who cared more for things, technology, objects and innovative ideas far more than he did 'people', were he not the war profiteer magnate he was, he wouldn't last a day in the private sector and yet- here he was, dominating it.

The Pillar of Annihilation, the commissioned Tambor-pattern Lucrehulk-class Battle Cruiser loomed in the periphery of Nirauan's orbit with a paltry task force of Trade Defense Force vessels ferrying manpower and supplies to the surface with the main purpose of rebuilding New Carannia's many spaceports and distributing humanitarian aid. Good-natured for certain but, in truth, would pay dividends for the Trade Federation in the short and long term. Good publicity was always nice, as too was the favorable infrastructure they'd construct in place of what was damaged in New Carannia, allowing Nirauan to integrate seamlessly into the Trade Federation's Empire-wide trade network.

<"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRU- Miss Hayata, a pleasure as always. Apologies that you must come to this 'warzone' to speak with m- well, no I don't particularly care if I trouble anyone- regardless...you seemed to want to speak of some business matter concerning 'Hayata'. So long as things progress as they are here, I've all the time we need."> He said, sitting himself down on a sofa of the lobby as he pressed the tips of his fingers together in a sort of cartoon villain-like contemplation as he looked toward the Atrisian with characteristically wide eyes.

Call Sign: Nacheria Eight
Objective: I - Inflict Terror
Equipment: TIE Pilot Flight Suit │ Hekler'Kok FP-01
Allies: BotM ( Electra-12 Electra-12 )
Enemies: NIO ( DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran )
Direct Engagement: Kovacs Kovacs Delilah Jones Enzo Demici Enzo Demici
Theme: Perturbed

"Thinking the same thing." She received the data, a brow rising sharply at the three new pings. "Splendid. Copy that." She followed her sister forward, lining up and listening for the sign as she squinted a little to see the incoming craft. A small click of her tongue in annoyance at seeing what essentially was a copy of their own craft headed straight for them.

TIE fighters.

Seemed 12 wasn't the only one to appreciate the choice in craft with her reading materials. Silently wondering the capabilities of those pilots, she kept her eyes focused on the supplied readout, lining up everything manually for the time being as functions popped in and out unreliably. The call was made as she loosed her own torpedoes for the lead craft and yanked the control stick left. She rolled the whole craft in the same direction, a near perfect dance with her sister as the two TIE's seemed in concert as she focused on avoiding incoming fire.

She'd rather have a technical issue knock her out of the air than give these enemies the satisfaction of downing her.

U16sLat.png

O P E R A T I O N_C O M E T

FINAL DAWN
NIRAUAN , WILD SPACE

SHADOW HAND COMMAND - TASK FORCE VADER
Fleet Composition
Starfighter Composition

Nirauan , the Birthplace of the New Imperial Order. It was here where Iveric Talvar had issued the Declaration of Defiance , officially rebelling against the Sith Empire and forming the dissident New Imperial Order with the support of many former Sith-Imperial Officers who had revolted against the then Emperor Carnifex. It was here where Sularen had joined the New Imperial Order seeking new opportunities to re-establish himself and build a new Powerbase in order to return to the Core , joining the ranks of the New Imperial Armada with the hope that he could eventually rapidly rise through the ranks and secure enough power to push for the reclamation of his homeworld. However just like in the Grayson Imperium he was deceived and on the eve of the New Imperial Order's Attack on Bastion , shortly after the Battle of Prefsbelt IV , Sularen was dishonorably discharged from the New Imperial Armada ending his involvement in the Third Imperial Civil War and sending him packing to areas unknown with only a nomadic Fleet once known as the prestigious Wraith Squadron at his disposal.

Now , years after his discharge from the New Imperial Order , the Brotherhood of the Maw whom Sularen had affiliated himself with had now descended upon Nirauan launching a devastating attack with eventually evolved into a full-out seige of the Imperial Fortress World as even a Month after the initial attack , the Maw and New Imperials were still fighting for control over the Planet. Sularen had been absent from the initial battle focusing on building up the Final Dawn's Armada in preparation for Operation Deathstroke against the Alliance as well as partaking in separate Engagements such as Jedha , Kinoss and Ool. However news of a lethal New Imperial Counter-attack against the Maw's still fighting in New Carannia finally convinced the Grand Overseer to confront his former Brother-in-arms which he had once fought with during the Third Imperial Civil War , with the intent of denying them the retribution they sought from the New Imperials.

And thus Operation Comet was born , a large risky operation aimed at breaking the New Imperial Order's pincer encirclement and ensuring a quick withdrawal of all Mawite Forces at Nirauan , but first the much anticipated New Imperial Blockade over the New Imperial Fortress World had to be broken while Starfighter Superiority had to be achieved in both Space and the Atmosphere of Nirauan to secure the safe passage for a the many Transport Ships of the
Immortal which would quickly descend on the Planet to evacuate the remaining Mawites off-world before the New Imperials could complete their assault. However , unfortunately for Sularen given the limited amount of time he had to execute this operation , the Grand Overseer had brought only a few assets with him including the Immortal , a Supremacy-I Class Star Destroyer and two Smaller Escort Ships on the long-journey to Nirauan as in addition to the limited amount of time Sularen had to relieve the Mawites at Nirauan , the Grand Overseer had to take an extremely long detour around the portions of Chiss Space occupied by both the Galactic Alliance and New Imperial Orders at the edge of the known galaxy , to avoid detection from both the Alliance and New Imperials delaying him even further.

After assembling this Task Force at Copero , Sularen began his slow advance towards Nirauan avoiding both Alliance and New Imperial Territory by passing through Sposia , Noris and Schesa (The Former Capital of the Zweihander Union , Sularen's former Rivals) before heading straight for Nirauan while avoiding the World of Erakhis which Sularen suspected might alert the New Imperials of Task Force Vader's impending attack. Soon enough Sularen's Fleet would arrive at Esfandia where they would spend the next hour preparing themselves for the execution of Operation Comet. Soon enough , the Fleet would make their last jump into hyperspace headed straight for Nirauan in order to achieve Sularen's true objective : Denying the New Imperials from the Retribution they sought out here at Nirauan. To Embarrass the so-called Iron Sun a second time and to demonstrate that regardless of their determination to defeat the Maw , they'd still lose at the end for the Will of the Brotherhood was superior to those of their enemies.

Sitting in his Command Chair inside the Bridge of the Immortal , Sularen stared at the empty void infront of him , watching as the Immortal and it's Small Escort fleet emerged at the edge of the Nirauan System ready to engage the New Imperial Blockade orbiting the World. Soon they could engage the New Imperials and begin carrying Sularen's Operation. If everything went as planned , this could be perhaps the greatest Operation Sularen would have ever pulled off in his entire Military Career , that is until Operation Deathstroke would placed into motion. Nevertheless , the Grand Overseer was ready to prove that he was a force to be reckoned with and that he was a bigger threat then his Enemies would anticipate. Sularen was certain that the New Imperials would underestimate him due to how little they thought of him , and that was something he hoped to exploit.

ILoW9ro.png

G R U N G E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
TASK FORCE TRACHTA
IMPERIAL ARMY SPECIAL FORCES
1st GROUP | 'VANDAL' SQUAD

OP ATTACHED TO | 173rd STORMTROOPER LEGION
Mav Ryburn Mav Ryburn | Dante Corvus Dante Corvus

N5cG5gd.png

9Df1bI7.jpg

RUN AWAY FAST
NIRAUAN
NEW CARANNIA

Time to go loud again. Vandal Squad expended every fiber of its being to defend New Carannia. Grunge had every reason to perpetuate medical or trauma leave, to take the time in getting back into the arena as Vandal Squad was decommissioned for the second time in its history but with the strained New Imperial Special Operations Command, he doubted it'd be strung together as quickly as the first time it was laid waste to on Bastion.

But that was the oath of the Special Forces operator. Though they may be last, to never surrender, to pray that they can spit in the face of the enemy before taking them down with them. Another virtue of these operators, wasn't to stop the job when it got hard. It was to stop the job when it was done.

The work wasn't done on Nirauan.

Though he may be last, he would not surrender. The rest of the Vandals were cold-pressed into morgues, compiled into sealed bags of flesh, blood, bone and gore, on ventilators in med bays, marked missing or killed in action with a folded flag sent home. Kolson probably should've died all the same. But he didn't. Which only meant his duty wasn't done. As soon as word came back down to him that the Imperial counter-attack was forty eight hours off, Grunge submitted Vandal Squad to operational command, despite a working strength of 'one of ten', far below what Imperial standards dictated.

Request : Approved

He jumped into hell, lost nearly everyone he'd fought beside and led into the fire for years prior and he stepped into another gunship to do it all over again. That is what it took to be the best. That was what told someone exactly who they were deep down. It was never how high one could climb, it was how many times they could get back up when they fell to the bottom.

The Myrmidons piled into the gunship with him and a few moments later they were in the fire depths of hell again, the troop bay doors roared open with a slam of metal before they hit pay dirt with plasteel greaves on broken earth.

"Leave the dead where they lie. We've got to regroup with the 173rd. Let's move, troopers!"

He heard over the comms from the immediate block ahead of him in chaotic streets. With a squad of the very name sake of Ryburn's desperate plea at his flank, Kolson spoke up, his voiced strained by the artificial lung implant freshly fastened following his near death encounter not a few hundred feet from this very street.

<"You're not leaving anyone, trooper. This is the 173rd and we're holding this position...this is far as the bastards are going.">
Kolson said before offering a motion of his hand for the Myrmidons at his flank to set up position in the husk of the building nearest to his squad and at the opposite end of the street from Ryburn's own.

Posting up in a blown-out window he clamped the barrel of his DMR against the ceil before he peered down the scope and began to put bolts on target of the approaching Perished.

It'd only been weeks since he was at the end of his lifeline fighting with the last strokes of his soul. He missed every second of it.

sVcLMfm.gif

UNTERNEHMEN R A C H E
NIRAUAN ORBIT
NIV TREGESSAR

VENGANCE
Allies:
  • 1st Prefsbelt Naval Taskforce "The Grand Admiral's Own"
  • 2nd Prefsbelt Naval Taskforce "Legacy of Dosuun"
  • 3rd Prefsbelt Naval Taskforce "Malice Force"
  • 4th Prefsbent Naval Taskforce "Menace"
  • 7th Mygeetoan Patrol Group
  • 12th Bastion Reconnaissance Pack
Enemies: Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

ZtcXRU8.png

The alarm was something Carlyle anticipated. And something he had allowed, for at least now. "
Milord!" A cry from the portside crewpit, "Enemy vessels dispatched in sector seven!" A smirk appeared over Rausgeber's features. He knew this time would come. The arrival of his armada would be the impetus for a rescue attempt by the Maw, and now the time had come to execute it. With his interdictors well in hand, and fighter squadrons now swarming the void, it was time to make the retreat of the Maw a strategic impossibility and tactically infeasible. The Maw was to be punished for what they had done. Not just here. But across the Galaxy. And Carlyle was now banking on him to be the one to perform it.

"Turn us," Carlyle barked, "Move to engage, I want us facing the enemy from the front. They are going to stare down our guns." The Admiral Regent commanded. Now was the time to clinch the second angle of his trap, "Engage Protocol Black Urn. All frequencies." Communications break down. The power of the assembled navy would now work their magic to block communications. Rausgeber assumed that the Maw was alerted by their ground forces as to his arrival. And now this would be the moment they desperately called in either reinforcements, or a ride home. But with interdiction fields, and a shear numerical superiority, Rausgeber paid no mind to this. Should the Maw's forces escape in their entirety, it would be another blemish. Carlyle knew this. But he also knew the difficulty in containing such disparate forces. Ergo, in his nexus of calculations, he figured if he could inflict an 85% casualty rate, or higher. New Imperial forces would be avenged.

"Have fighters prepare interception runs on transports that try to take off, or come from those vessels." The Admiral Regent now stormed from his post on the bridge, to the communications and tactical table. "Unblock one frequency." Carlyle commanded, "I want myself looped. No ability for them to be able to report anything." Rausgeber snapped, before moving to his uniform. He brushed out the creases, ran a hand through his hair, and began to slicken it back. He had to look at his best. "Are we ready for broadcast?" A nod from one of the technicians confirmed it. One final command, "Get the artillery backline to fire. Quickly now. It doesn't need to hit. But aim for their largest vessel there."

"
Ah, hello!" Carlyle began, with a warm smile, glaring right into the camera module. "A fastidious welcome to Nirauan, although I am of course certain you and your compatriots are already quite familiar with the planet and its scenery." Rausgeber paused, "I'm going to assume, you are a second rate commander, who has no clue who I am. But my name is Carlyle. Carlyle Rausgeber. Admiral Regent of the New Imperial Navy. And my purpose here is simple. Avenge Nirauan's fall. And to kill you." Carlyle paused, and licked his lips, a ravenous predator ready to sink his teeth into his prey, "As of now, you may have realised that you are outnumbered. And while of course the numbers of forces are not necessarily an indicator of victory, I think I do hold a strategic advantage. Beyond yours, and any skill or misguided self-belief you have in attempting to circumvent my blockade today."

"You may now realise communications and liaising between your ground forces and yourselves are being made difficult. That is by my design." Rausgeber clarified. "In fact, I have also made retreat, an impossibility thanks to the squadron of interdiction craft amongst my command. So there now exists two possibilities for you, my dear adversary." Rausgeber informed his adversary, "You may now, either perish. Or you may surrender. In which, to be frank the consequences may be the same dependent on how merciful a military tribunal convened by the Sovereign Imperator Rurik Fel is willing to find you." Another grin. "Although, and this is fair, I believe, I think he would certainly take into account, a willingness to surrender the entirety of your flotilla and your personnel to us, now beyond some half-hearted request on mercy when you are defeated. So there may be some mitigation of a death sentence to mere manual labour."

"The fact of the matter is, my offer of unconditional surrender only stands for approximately three hundred seconds after I terminate my response." Carlyle callously informed those opposite. "In any case, you have fallen for my little trap here. And if you are going to struggle." That was when the first bombardment hit. Twelve hypervelocity shells primed, and aimed at the Immortal-Class Dreadnought were fired. "At least make it entertaining if you're going to fight to the end. My men need good target practice."

"Toodles."

FLAGSHIP
The NIV Tregessar [x]

BATTLECRUISERS

• 4x Reprisal-Class Star Destroyers [x]
  • 1x Defiance-Class Star Destroyer [x]
STAR DESTROYERS
  • 6x Praefect-Class Star Destroyer [x]
  • 5x New Imperial-I Class Star Destroyers [x]
  • 3x Tartarus-Class Interdictors [x]
  • 2x Tyranus-Class Star Destroyers [x]

CRUISERS

• 8x Curiassier-Class Cruisers [x]
  • 5x Stalwalt-Class Carriers [x]
  • 4x Valiant-Class Star Destroyers [x]

FRIGATES

• 5x Dragoon-Class Frigates [x]
  • 8x Mantero-Class Missile Frigates [x]
  • 9x Nebulon-A Class Escort Frigates [x]
  • 12x Tirallieur-Class Artillery Frigates [x]
  • 22x Escolta-Class Frigates [x]
CORVETTES
  • 25x Warrior-II Class Corvettes [x]
  • 20x Gurkha-Class Corvettes [x]
  • 18x Vandal-Class Corvettes [x]
  • 16x Cacadore-Class Corvettes [x]

FIGHTER COMP

• IDK
  • IDC

9m21Sbj.png

SECOND POST
THE_WOAD
313th Stormtrooper Legion,"Sabretooth Legion"

zChNTis.png

BARRAN'S COUNTERATTACK
OBJECTIVE 1 - OPERATION: PEACEMAKER

NIO: Dante Corvus Dante Corvus Noel Strasza Noel Strasza Kovacs Kovacs Delilah Jones Enzo Demici Enzo Demici
Willan Tal Willan Tal Julian Qar Julian Qar Vladimir Kovačić Vladimir Kovačić Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt Jesse McCoy Jesse McCoy

BOTM: Electra-12 Electra-12 Electra-13 Electra-13

ERSKINE'S LOADOUT
BASKET-HILTED VIBROSWORD CLAYMORE
FRAGARACH MODEL DISRUPTOR-PISTOL
KEEPSAKE FAIRBAIRN VIBROKNIFE

THE NEW HAND
bzoEp0r.png

bzoEp0r.png

THE STORMCHASER'S RETRIBUTION: BARRAN'S UNQUENCHABLE RAGE - PART 2
ucaicWt.jpg
ABOARD DROPSHIP 418, LEAVING THE NIV: TIGRESS,
OUTER ORBITAL-SPHERE, NIRAUAN (870 ABY)

'Sir, sir! Look over at Lef-ah, sorry. Lieutenant Rosk'Aiar.... He's gawn for it the-day, an' make nae mistake on the matter.'

The Lord-Captain wasn't wrong, as 1st-Lieutenant R'Nrr'Rosk'Aiar was owning his own space by the dropship's exit, practicing killing blows with his custom-made Gaffi stick as all the Sabretooths watched on in awe, though none were quite so enrapt as the only surviving senior-staffer of the previous battle for Nirauan. Rumour had it that Martin had brought the rag-tag battalion of unassigned troopers into the first generation of the 313th's roster, and in seeing a 1st-Lieutenant with all the right training and expertise to join IMPAF-Command with the intent of having him baptize this battalion under fire, the next rumour that occurred as a result was that Lieutenant Wyll personally asked Lord-General Barran for permission to assign the Tusken to the battalion in question - unavoidable, but all true in the end. The Stormchaser had grown accustomed to such dedication to practicing his tribe's fighting art, so Rosk'Aiar's frightening display of simulated deadly-force would be more of a slow burner for a man who saw the best of it just days before they left Bastion for the NIO's redeployment journey.

'He's phenomenal, and quite the interesting sparring-partner so far. Forces me to think a lot more than most do, and that's rare for someone completely new to my peoples' sword-fighting techniques. A keeper for sure, an' I've only got Wyll ti thank for that - as this one could be oor best poach yet. Just a gut-feeling at the moment, subject to change though.'

vGNw5zj.jpg

Showing somewhat more life and comfort than he was when they were still aboard the Tigress, Lieutenant Wyll would sit up and frame his response before joining the conversation between his superiors. As he stopped just behind the Woads, Martin nodded his greetings to both then explained,'Being perfectly honest, easiest poach since the recruitment-drive began. None of the others even came close to fitting the bill like he did, his signage and communication despite his disadvantages are quite a wonder to behold too.', keeping his input as brief as possible to allow for responses and/or further ponderings on the Grave Tusken in question. The response itself had contained all the information Erskine could've hoped for, having kept himself from inquiring purely on account of his foul moods, inebriation and the fact his war-planning in private was taking up most of his time, Lord-General Barran was grateful for every little shred of intel he could get, especially in such pinnacle moments of introspective strength-estimation.

'The more heavies we can bring into the fold, the more top-quality operators an' stalwarts we can make of them as we go.... The Three-Thirteenth will rise as Blue-Heart Brigade once did, but our Sabretooths - as well-trained as we hope they'll be in the next few years or so, all are expected to ascend much faster than those who fight on without me. This is the goal, an' I will not allow deviations from it under any circumstances.'

An extremely demanding mission-statement for the future, but one that all three officers agreed was the right course of action for Lord Erskine's new legion in particular, as all three knew how badly such a force was needed in the Imperium's previous battle, understanding that certain losses could've been limited to less-disastrous extents as a result of said hypothetical legionary addition to the Imperator's warfighting array. A thoughtful silence would then proceed to fall upon them, considering the past, present and future as they watched the Grave Tusken prepare in his own answer to unspoken silence, keeping signing hands busy with the simulated killing and decapitation of whatever awaited them as soon as Dropship 418 dropped it's exit ramp, swinging cruel intent at the air as the rest of IMPAF High-Command watched on in complete awe of his almost unnatural speed and ferocity. But something else hid beneath the savage exterior itself, something that Erskine couldn't put his finger on - but something more that Lieutenant Wyll seemingly wasn't willing to reveal yet.

<"All passengers, we're dropping below the stratosphere - landing in less than one minute. I repeat, landing in less than one minute. Check gear and form up at the exits, and good luck down there. Ferryman Four-Eighteen Out!">

zChNTis.png

THE STORMCHASER'S RETRIBUTION: BARRAN'S UNQUENCHABLE RAGE - PART 3
T8cRf2A.jpg
MYRMIDON QUARTER, NEW CARANNIA,
NIRAUAN (870 ABY)

'EVERYBODY OUT!!!! GO - GO - GO!!!! THAT MEANS YOUR LOT TOO!!!! WE NEED EVERY-ONE AND EVERY-THING OFF OUR FETHING SHIP AT THE DOUBLE!!!! GO - GO - GO!!!!

The dropship off-ramp staffers weren't messing around, as they had orders to return to the Tigress as soon as the last IMPAF-trooper was off-loaded with the last of their ordnance for the operation, and there would be no brooking argument on the matter; as further reserves were expected to be sent down en-masse, with Dropship 418 expected to be included among the next wave of tactical drops in the Myrmidon landing-zones, so Erskine's lot knew they'd have to bite down on their irritations if they wanted their next wave of troopers to arrive as swiftly as they had. Not that they had any time to retort or chastise their obnoxious off-ramp signallers, as the sheer mass of the ravenous dead awaiting them would waste no time in their attempt to close the gap between Fort Imperium and the southern boundaries of the Myrmidon District, and the only things that could create enough space to ensure their survival were already loaded and chambered in their LMGs and extra Rotary Cannons, and a rather unique Gaffi Stick poised with the intent to make use of the space created by the explosive wall of Imperial automatic fire at the first opportunity.

'Roskaiar's given the,"Fire at Will.", signal! OPEN UP WITH THE ROTARY-CANNONS!!!!'

BBBBRBRBRBRBRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!

As soon as the first Rotary Cannon let rip in a sustained trigger-spray of shoulder-destroying pressure, all the others near the front of the two exiting queues followed suit in varying degrees of willingness to conserve ammunition. Lord Erskine would take this cue to draw the Sleeper, knowing exactly what happened the last time he drew the claymore he wore on his belt at all times, knowing that visions of the symbol, though the Woad's rage and anguish at the time (as they would be for some time) were intensified by a power of which he never even knew was taking dominant hold of his mind already. But Barran somehow knew it was already too late to suppress it, feeling the tingling goosebumps rising from his spine to the very base of his skull as the sounds of automatic fire were tearing through seemingly-endless masses of flesh and bone, and to top it all of, the only remaining hand the Lord-General had was acting of it's own accord and seemingly reaching out for the sword's grip in an act of defiance.

No hallucination of the Fiore sigil this time.... Only ripples, like on Coruscant. Strange.

The mild wooden scrape couldn't be heard over the din of the LMGs and rotary cannons, but the intensified burst of pure sensory weight still enabled the Stormchaser to feel the Vibrosword harmlessly glide off the teakwood lining within the decorative charging-scabbard somehow. Lord Carwood immediately followed suit with his own claymore, and though it was a lesser blade of Durasteel, Lord Erskine had always considered it a thing of beauty unto itself, much like his appraisal of Lieutenant Wyll's Vibrosword Cavalry-Sabre after seeing the survivor unsheathing soon after. Barran was glad to have subordinates such as these in that moment, even as the Sabretooth-troopers spread apart as they exited the dropship, the fact everyone with him were just as eager as he was to fight, and without any reservations whatsoever, was enough to let the aging Stormchaser know his fate would be in good hands for the foreseeable future.

'AAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEEEE RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK!!!!!'

Like a shot, Barran found himself in the smoke-filled cloudy haze of New-Carannia's low-atmosphere, running out to close the central gap left for the melee-specialists specifically with wrathful abandon. Pushing northwards together, moving as one and mowing down everything in sight as they steadily began to make use of the steadily-standing architecture of the Myrmidon District's southern tenement blocks, the only auditory changes they could hear were the thruster-engines of their dropship making it's way back to the surface; though none minded, as they'd be dealing with war's deafening cacophony until none remained to challenge their weighty advance, and all were quite happy to make a fair amount of noise in the hoped it would keep the later reinforcements firmly in the deepest depths of their own minds. They had everything they needed to make contact with the Lord-Executor's contingent with ease, it was the hard graft that was needed to close the distance between themselves and the smouldering husk of Fort Imperium, hard graft and nerves of solid durasteel.

'RELOOOOAAAAADIIIIIIIIIING!!!! SECOND RANK FRONT!!!! ADVANCE!!!!'

All the rotary cannons had been working at the very edges of their overclocking thresholds, though at least fix were still holding their ground, emptying their first ammunition-belts as the lighter, farther-reaching LMGs stepped forth to keep the momentum in their northward blitz. Lord Erskine would be given space to assess the situation in the process, with the undead being easily-staggered by then, and the fact he was supposed to stick with the reloading units as they worked to get everything cooled and chambered again; it was here that he'd get to finally acquaint himself to the BattleNet, having only ever simplified his strategic approach as he went, it felt pertinent in that moment to adjust to the next generation - even if only a little bit in the grand scheme of the Imperium's many technological nuances in combat. It was here where his emotions would meet a flutter much similar to the rippling hallucinations in the smoky surroundings he'd been fighting in before and then, seeing a callsign he never thought he'd see again, one the Woad assumed had perished in the previous battle on Nirauan.

'Grunge? But- how? They don't recycle callsigns in Special-Forces, of course they wouldn't. They're nowhere near as expendable as I once was-'

<"Tal to Barran, I have my men in reserve; keep us aware of any further developments over.">

<"Reserve elements aren't viable this early in the fight, Milord. We have enough o' those on the way to settle in to the south of our formations already, so we need you starting in the same place as before, but sweeping out from Pellaeon this time. Lance One out!">

'Ready, Corporal Larres? Trooper Jasstum? Trooper Stone? Good, LET'S CHAMBER UP AND GET THESE DAMN ROTARIES SPINNIN', BOYS!!!!', the nearest, most-senior rotary-cannon gunner roared as soon as he saw that most had sling-strapped and shouldered their weapons in anticipation of the final order, checking on the last few in kindly initiative as he knew the last few to finish cooling and reloading would've been the last of the cluster to run their ammo-belts dry. Turning back to the Lord-General, the Staff-Sergeant leading the rotary cannon group would lower his tone to ask,'Ready, sir?', receiving a quick, though affirming nod from Lord Erskine in reply, and a maintained silence to let Staff-Sergeant Williams give his Sit-Rep with the limited time they had to hold their stationary formation. Then, pulling his own rotary cannon to his right shoulder with ease, Williams concluded,'Where we're at, I'm guessin' we're almost a half-mile out from Fort Imperium. Easy stroll to safety as soon as we link up with the others.', pulling a kneeling Lord Erskine to his feet as the other officers readied their minds to, once again, mass-slaughter anything undead that charged at them.

'ALRIGHT, ROTARY GUNNERS!!!! MOVE WITH INTENT TO BOLSTER FORMATION!!!! LETS MOVE!!!!'

And within minutes, the southern walls and gateways of Fort Imperium revealed themselves to the Sabretooth-troopers leading the way, and when the rotary-gunners of the same legion eventually caught up, word would soon reach the Lord-General's ears as a result. The Stormchaser's bones weren't even aching yet, but he knew that the real fight awaited as soon as the Redoubt itself had been cleared out. As soon as Erskine and Carwood had gotten within sight of the testament to the former's defeat, Barran's mood briefly darkened in silent vows of revenge on the Maw for all of it, though he again snapped out of it, growing quite proficient in the art of bringing himself out from his darkening thoughts by then, though this was something the Woad would still find as a reason to wish for the complete eradication of those who so convincingly laid waste to his seemingly-untouchable aura of warfighting infallibility.

'Get a good look at it, ladies and gentlemen.... Take it all in, like it were your city - your home. Like that hellish reminder of our defeat could somehow become a pilgrimage site for warriors and admirals alike someday! Only then will you realise how much it rips at my soul to see such a beauty in such a sorry state, and in that, you will find my reason to fight like an animal to see every last monster purged from every last room within - SO LET US CLEAR OUT THIS UGLY HUSK AN' MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL AGAIN!!!!!'

'MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!!'

As one, in a wide, though well-bolstered heavy-gunner formation, the Sabretooth-troopers would lead the way as their officers followed close behind and covered their sixes for the last stretch of urbanisation between themselves and Fort Imperium's southern gateways; fortunately for all involved, there would be little to no resistance for the last few hundred metres until a fresh mob of undead civilians overheard hostilities further into the fortress beyond, chasing the Sabretooths into the fort and forcing them to bar the way as best as they could before any of the undead could get to them. After that, the living would respond with bursts of concentrated fire from the ramparts above, some sturdy shoulders to hold the gates in place, and a last-minute placement of both portcullises to prevail after just five minutes of fighting overall. Then, with all the immediate threats assumed to be further inside, Rosk'Aiar would be smart in shoving the Sabretooth-troopers northward again, fully aware they'd be locked in with other threats that could've gotten in from other breaches elsewhere around the fortress boundaries.

'He's right, lads. Fan out an' pick yer arcs o' fire.'

Lord Erskine started looking on the BattleNet again, as soon as the last of the frontline rotary-cannon gunners found their own individual snaking corridors to advance down, checking the active comm-tags to be sure his friends were still alive. Lord-Commander Corvus, Lord-Executor Strasza, and the callsigned Vandal-Squad Commander he'd come to respect greatly, all were hoped to be alive by the time Lord-General Barran's northward advance had met it's timely end; however, they still needed to clear out and reclaim the command-centre in the northwest of the redoubt itself, and they needed to find Strasza before it was too late to keep the Iron Maiden's forces from being overrun by the sheer weight of undead numbers. This time, and though the amount of ground they'd need to cover from the Myrmidon Quarter and outwards from there was near-insurmountable to the untrained eye, the trained eye of the Stormchaser preferred assault doctrine, and wanted weighty opposition to cleave through for the most obvious reasons.

It was time to patch through to an old friend, an old friend he had not seen since the death of Rurik's great predecessor. An old friend who, like Lord Erskine, had ascended under fire every step of the way.

<"Barran to Iron Maiden! We've entered Fort Imperator's southern entrances! Clearing everything on our way to the command-centre! Throw everything you got left at the chompers - there's rotary-cannons operating that will change hands as soon as we link up. Just hold on, Lord-Executor! I want to congratulate you in person! Lance One out!">

'Rosk'Aiar, McGechin! You're advancing further in with me! Lets go!'

deu49sb-6495ec27-1033-4a8e-b45a-674f8bb46e34.jpg

R E N E G A D E
New Imperial Order
307th 'Red Riders' Stormtrooper Legion - Imperial Battlegroup 'Retribution'
Defense Of Moscow

Dante Corvus Dante Corvus DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Noel Strasza Noel Strasza Mav Ryburn Mav Ryburn Willan Tal Willan Tal

dety2vg-b46e0752-e6f2-4b5b-acf8-51bdc34db750.png

<<”Genesis-Actual do you read?”>>

Her tongue ran along the crack plaguing her mular, stewing as the silence cemented the sentiment of the Major. Sybila still felt it necessary to look to the radio’s officer wedged at the front of the transport, the poor trooper bore the heavy antenna pack-she could taste his hesitation before both hands raised- his thumbs were raised up confirming the signal. The small shuttle was uncomfortable in the dim cabin, the platoon lining every inch of free space as they launched from the Inceptus.

The squadron of drop ships descending through the smoke over the city, trailing behind the locale Legion. The woman clutched onto the brace strap overhead, gauntlet creaking ever so slightly-form swaying with the ship’s altering course. Aerial shots still harried the skies sporadically and the ship rippled under a fresh wave of heat, the disturbance prompting the woman to glance once over the security task. Standing shoulder to shoulder with Ban at the sealed ramp’s edge, their boots toed the yellow slash of caution painted on the grate-waiting for the RDAG crew to signal them. A symphony of clicks sounded as the platoon locked in their weapons around.

<”We’re forty seconds out-pilots are adjusting our landing to put us behind Archer. Two hundred n’ first’s pods did not hit the mark. They’re east of the Myrmidons, corpses are sparse here and they’re pushing in toward the Myrmidon District now, they’re four klicks out give or take”> Ban’s voice was steady, and the woman’s armor tilted-offering a miniscule nod. The zabrak’s arm tilted as a delayed map projected a clean grid like take of New-Carannia. It did not do the desperate state of the capitol justice. The thick of the fight was out of grasp and her servo ached, nerves be damned. It easier here, blind once more to the whole destruction to treat it like any other deployment, a cold demeanor setting in as her sight hardened.

<”What are theses hordes looking like-”>

Lyra Voi’Kryt had not survive the destruction of Harnaidan because of the very opposite.

<”Dozens to hundreds depending on the sector based on the scanners and what spotters are reporting in. Trying to establish contact with the Redoubt now. There are still reports of stray Mawite bands ravaging the city-”>

<”Who are we even contacting, who’s in command?”> Sybila questioned, she didn’t recognise the call-sign as it passed on the map. She could say with confidence that was the case for the majority of the Order, very few survived from the conception; men and legion alike fractured and reformed-

<”The Lord Executor? Iron-Maiden.”> Ban offered but neither had a name least of all a face to recount.

<”Didn’t know we still had one of those-leave it to Corvus or Barran”> Sybila balked, shaking her helm as the Zabrak shrugged.

<”Relay theses orders Archer to close the loop. We’re not accounted for in Corvus’ tactic, he is to take the two-o-three and cover as far as Barran’s flank. The hundred and ninety third will patrol, we’re going to secure this sector and establish a field base here on the flat top of this building off north-east boulevard eight blocks off of the Fortress-assert our advantage from the highground. Relay this to Corvus and establish contact with whatever Barran’s on the field today-”>

Sybila gauntlet traced the lines of the road through the cerulean light, speaking in a flurry-pausing only to inhale.

<”We have pockets of units pinging in now over the farther east side, Medicus will be moving out. They’ll need a transport pad established-”>

<”General we’re dropping you and the support off a block over-business park, all open space-the main street is covered in bodies. We’ll light the street up and give your men some cover to make your way in to base target before we have to recall.”> the Pilot’s voice flooded the comm line.

<”Copy that! Ban, Delay munitions, see if Archer can secure a closure drop point. Have Genesis-Actual secure an evac zone with the engineers corps, call down Burning Trio to run Medicus recovery off the streets in the meantime. Whatever they need,”> the woman directed. The HUD loaded as the radar began to populate over screen, their drop off closing in faster as the ETA ticked away at the far corner of the screen. The engines of the RDAG whining louder as the ship banked through the tower and building.

<<”All platoons be advised we may have pockets of civilians. They’ll be spooked, mark their locations and have them shelter in place until the area is fully secured. Conserve your shots, we don’t know how these corpses react. Monitor for Cloak activity and report directly to Vindicate-Actual.”>>

Sybila reached out to steady herself beside the Zabrak as men alike braced themselves, she still could hardly recognize the voice behind her words. She felt like a bloody imposter. Ban’s hand hit the map, switching the projection off. The durasteel frame of the ship vibrated as pressure alleviated, hovering down over the landing zone the ship’s hatch seal broke. The Zabrak brought his blaster to sights, slapping the stock for good measure as the green light flickered overhead. The transport crew motioned them out as the ledge hit the cement, dust was stirred in an ugly storm as they stormed off the RDAG to secure the open space. Sybila’s boot hit the pavement, breaking in to an easy run as her blood pressure slowly rose-turning and taking in their landing zone. A ripping dust cloud past over them as their ship pulled out, dousing them in debris of the fall out.

The public space and park place was ended by scorch marks and busted holes from artillery shots and what ever last stands had taken place-there were bodies and civilians left in the throes of the battlefield. Whatever vegetation had once grown here, the tree cover-was lost or splintered over the cement. The remaining ships in the squadron cycled in as the last of her personal guard offloaded with the support groups intermingling. Off the road side, surrounded by towering and wasted skyscraper one ship peeled through the tight space. An eruption of small ordinances popping off the top of the transport dancing through the air, shots peppered the upper street cleaning the way-the city block bathed once again in flames to cleanse away the infection.

Death hung in the air here, suffocating and marred by a deep enough pain that it grasped her sternum and caused her step to falter.

<”Ma'am, which line do you want to open first?”> the Comm’s Officer appeared at her side, Sybila’s closed fist rose as she hailed down Ban with a two finger salute-motioning him down the blasted throughway. Trooper’s boot fall echoed across the space as they pulled up the rear of the platoon, skulking along the sidewalks of the block past business and residential remains. Crack shots opened up at the front, mopping up the small aerial attack-plasma burning in the air.

<”Patch me to the Barran”> Sybila called out, one hand raising to unhook the saber off her cuirass. Rider’s heads swiveled as their weapons trailed along the remains of theses..undead. They had participated at one point under the Legion in bioweaponry attacks, but the dead resurrected and scoured an entire..planet? She could feel the heartbeat of the darkness.

<<Vindicate-Actual to Barran copy. The Riders are moving in from the east side, securing the district outside Myrmidon-proper. Expect my men within the half hour, we can have munition moved in and medical on your call.>>

Sybila traded the saber from hand to servo as the platoons swarmed the road, entrenching themselves behind overturned vehicles as the blaster fire grew thicker and they laid into the dead holding space in the city. Conserving shots, she should of considered that order more carefully. The Comms Officer leaned over offering updates as she checked the call sign, storm-something, her eyes passing over the corners of roof tops. Looking for any sign of movement, searching as she cast her third eye to the wind and a burst of adrenaline fueled her presence on the field, steadying her breath.

Blastplate scrapped as she took a knee, monitoring from the back and farther beyond the sights of the forward scout. The white hot icy knife of anger burned bright in the men on the task force until she latched on to it drinking it in, it loomed like pines on fire bursting as the heat climbed. She chewed waiting still, less she cast her lot in with the Mawites and be mistaken for one of them. Her digits slowly peeled back-reluctantly from the saber hilt-vision swarming. The city was alite with gun fire and resistance. The Riders were nigh reckless as the pushed-fire teams peeling off as doors were wretched open on abandoned places, no stone left unturned. They would not be caught off surprise as they took inch by inch of the city’s way moving toward the Fort. They weren't the heroes of the siege, moving quietly along the backline to fill the gap alas but all they needed to be was here-fighting. Those days otherwise had passed.

<<”Lord Barran, do tell me are you keeping a pet mutant like your greenhorne son? My men and sith-spawn don’t agree and I like to give them them full disclosure.”>>

Last edited:

ILoW9ro.png

NECROCIDE
THE_IRON_MAIDEN
LORD EXECUTOR
N5cG5gd.png

hellhounds.png

// DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Dante Corvus Dante Corvus \\
HELLHOUNDS | 6/6
// FORTRESS IMPERIUM, TUNNELS....

The cramped tunnels connecting The Hand of Thrawn to Fort Imperium had been constructed during a time of peace, knowing full well when the time for war came knocking quick access between the two invaluable assets would prove highly necessary. It went without saying then, that the fall of one monument would shortly lead to the collapse of the other, provided the tunnels were not adequately guarded or hidden from marauding forces. The fall of the fortress had led shortly to the claim of The Hand, and the tunnels between had become nothing but a lichyard teeming with scores of the hungry dead, who naturally sought dark and damp places to corral themselves in during the daylight hours. Their sheer numbers had nearly overwhelmed the surviving forces with each and every push made with the sole desire to feast motivating them onward. As easy as it was to write them off as senseless, mindless wretches, Strasza knew better from her time both fighting alongside them and against them. Both of their faces she had seen, the tactical hivemind linking their spurned consciousnesses together worked in their favor, with their collective pool of military tactic and verse combining to create a self-guiding war machine any warlord would be envious of.

Even without their master present, they could operate and coordinate amongst themselves, timing their advancing attempts to crush out and feast upon the last of the living in the crumbling Bastion to the night hours where they were less likely to be seen. Twice now, since the Lord Executor's arrival, had they successfully breached the meager defenses poised at the tunnels' mouths, the haphazard barricades and sleepy soldiers positioned there to ward them off. They were not so easily deterred by blaster shot and slug either unless one was to pop them in the skull to damage the brain or set fire to the entire horde, they simply pressed on with increasing savagery. They were guided by the singular motive their Dark Lord had bestowed them with before he departed the planet; kill them all. And they would not stop so long as they could still march.

The Lord Executor had spear-headed the counter efforts each time the dead advanced upon them, her distinctive lack of organic body made her the ideal weapon to counter their insatiable sense of the living. She was invisible to them, and without the ethereal Sight of the Dark Lord to fill in the gaps, she would remain hidden. At the mouth of the ruined tunnel, its opening marked by dried blood trails and bullet holes, she poised, staring into the darkness with eyes of steel. "How's the tunnel integrity?" she asked of the trooper standing beside her, glancing over with the question to assess his body language. He was shaken, exhausted, and traumatized, as was to be expected, yet he wasn't trembling in his boots as the last one to greet the horde with her had been; an improvement to be sure. "Holding at about twenty-eight percent, by our last assessment, ma'am." he answered, his voice betraying the steadiness he struggled to front with. She snorted heavily, rolling her head upon her neck, and leveled her attention forward with the distant echo of the growling mass growing louder. "Would make our lives a lot easier to collapse the tunnels entirely, don't you think?"

She knew why they couldn't, as they could expect Imperial Knight reinforcements to arrive via the serpentine passes in due time, and that part of the strategy was likely to be the only real salvation any of them had here. Draw enough attention to the fort and the enemies would come running gladly, and that was their plight, really; survive, but not loud enough to make it obvious they were there. Until proper reinforcement arrived, at least. "How much ammunition do we have left in reserve?" she spoke again as her metallic digits kneaded and curled into equally steeled palms by her sides. "Not nearly enough to last us through the night, and we don't have nearly enough men left fit to fight for that long, either." His response was grim, though she had made it something of a habit to tune out of the tones around her, and focused solely on the information they carried. Not enough to last through the night. That was really all she needed to hear. Her right arm lurched, the panels of armor and cybernetic both realigning to allow the blade tucked up the limb to snap to deployment. "And our fuel?"

The drag and shuffle of boots grew louder yet still.

"We divided it up for molotovs already, and we've got three cases of those left." Another grim answer.

"Crack one of them open, we're going to need it. This wave will be nasty." she commanded, taking a step into the darkness yawning before her, "The reinforcements landing in the city will have stirred them from their dreary states, stoking up their hunger again. We're going in first, you and your men will follow in exactly five seconds, is that understood?"

"Copy that." the trooper stepped backward, making way for Delta and Charlie to take positions at either side of the cyborg's flank, gazing into the darkness with equal determination. Delta raised his rifle, gazing down the night sight inquisitively. "We're hot, incendiary rounds are loaded, it's the last we've got. Better make 'em count." He informed her before reaching forth to tap her shoulder, the tell to their readiness. And onward without a sound, the Iron Maiden trekked into the deep dark, vanishing as the tunnel hungrily swallowed her frame.

Rasping, wet breaths echoed toward her, playing cadence to the erratic pound of charging boots making their way with renewed haste. She stood fast, her hands flexing eagerly before her, one sporting the humming blade housed within her limb, whilst the other rolled the canister of an incendiary grenade, her last, against her palm. <"Steady..."> she breathed over their comlink, <"do not fire the flare until I give the command."> The rising tension weighed upon her, though she paid it little mind, her senses cutting through the crushing vanta black to feed her information unknown to those knelt by her sides. Proximity sensors alerted, fueled by the sweeping scan of the half-functional droid socketed into her shoulder. Thirty meters and closing fast. She was unsure just how many they were confronting, unsure of what the outcome to this clash would be, and unsure of how long she would have to fight for. Her mind was exhausted, its cage running on about half its power, but unlike her counterparts, she had been born into the chaos. She had been rebuilt to dominate the odds.

A second passed.

And another.

Twenty meters.

Her right hand curled into a crushing fist, the left flicked the pin from the grenade.

<"Fire."> The order was given, Charlie torqued the trigger on his flare gun, launching a blinding red comet through the darkness, illuminating the walls in a wash of crimson that reflected in the dozens of eyes charging toward them. The flare bounced twice before rolling to a stop, smoldering against the damp, corpse-strewn floor stretching between the living and the dead. <"Engage!"> She followed her own order, grinding her jaw into cranking tension and charged, wrenching back her grasp to fling the grenade into the center of the surging stream of horrors. It ignited almost instantaneously, its bursting 'whoosh!' flooding the tunnel with more light as it baptized the undead caught with hellfire. The sharp stench of burning flesh smothered out the festering rot of bodies left behind, smoke swelled, and into the carnage, the Hellhounds lunged. Delta and Charlie hunkered down to knees, anchoring themselves steady, and opened fire on the front line, guided by the light they had brought to this nocturnal fight.

A violent sweep of her right arm tore through flesh and withered armor, splattering her stained armor in a fresh coat of ichor. Greedily, her left plunged through the chest of another, burrowing beneath the upheaved chestguard to grasp the desiccated innards of a Mandalorian soldier she did not know and tore them from their beds. She growled, loosening her purchase, and smashed a leg outward to buckle brittle bones, violently hurling the eviscerated soldier back into the roaring pyre its comrades had created. Lead streaked by her, the dead tunnel alive with raging light, shattering armor and blasting skulls apart before bodies shot erupted into flames outright, spreading the carnage faster. Despite the bloodshed, she was left free to act, her paradoxical state of limbo between being alive and simply powered providing her full discretion against the wrath of the undead, the soldiers simply shoved by her, or attempted to at least, as though she was one of them. And supported in full by the two members of her squad and the retinue of stormtroopers who rushed to form a line behind them, the defensive line hunkered down.

Unwilling to part with ammunition more than they had to, the soldiers rallied their courage and surged into the fray with melee weapons in hand, an array of vibroblades and improvised tools fashioned by ingenious desperation. It didn't matter how blunt or how sharp, anything was a weapon at that point, everything became an asset with anything was in short supply. Strasza ripped her blade from the skull of a Sith Imperial corpse and slammed her strength into another, crushing its brittle body against the wall of the tunnel. A punch from her free hand splattered its weakened skull apart, bursting the damaged helmet and brains into unrecognizable colors sent rushing up the curve to rain from above. She whirled, flinging the desiccated corpse into the line of oncoming hostiles, all the while the men with her churned up a bloody mist of their own, primal wrath overtaking the need for fear, as the flames only burned brighter.

On their back foot and on the edge of insanity spawned by paranoia and existential fear alone, the war-hardened men had become little more than a ruthless unit of hacking and slashing, warmongers who took the heads and blood of their foes as trophies, too exhausted to be reasoned with, and too enraged to be stopped. Catharsis was found in the ultraviolence, every satisfying crumble of skull beneath blade, every crackling pop of corpsely flesh burnt to crisp, every primal growl, it was all release, a relief of pressure that threatened to kill them all by its weight alone. Between the howling cheers from the damned and the war cries of her men, Strasza's rhapsody of carnage was disturbed by a voice distant, but familiar all the same.

<"Barran to Iron Maiden! We've entered Fort Imperium's southern entrances! Clearing everything on our way to the command-centre! Throw everything you got left at the chompers - there's rotary-cannons operating that will change hands as soon as we link up. Just hold on, Lord-Executor! I want to congratulate you in person! Lance One out!">

More bone shattered beneath her fist, organs spilled onto her feet with a slash of her blade- blood hissing in steaming hiss from its edge. "Good news boys, the calvary is here!" she bellowed over the crescendo of violence, "Keep at it!" She would patch herself back rapidly, her integrated commo synchronizing with a command issued by thought alone, and it was her projected voice that returned to the Lord General, in full accompaniment of the grunts, warcries, and squelching bloodletting in support: <"It's about godsdamn time, Lance One. We're eyeballs deep in corpses under the fort at the moment, I'll be with you shortly, Iron Maiden out.">

BYOO|NIRAUAN|Business
AIKO HAYATA, CEO OF HAYATA CORP
TAGS//: Gat Tambor Gat Tambor
8foFMuM.png

"Ever the man of manners, Mr Tambor." she smiled back at the Skakoan kingpin in an almost pained manner as Gat made the same irritating gas noise, which went through the Atrisian and triggered her OCDness like no tomorrow. The Atrisian signalled with a finger for her assistant to get her a drink from the bar, leaving her to deal with the more critical matters.

"I found another business venture that would benefit all the members of our esteemed collective, most importantly myself, of course, but I cannot leave my business friends wanting, so I summoned you here."

"I have plans for a wide-ranging industrial zone project on Cathar, taking advantage of the worker base there and our Imperial friend's general lack of regard for Catharese rights, and as you know," she gestured to the window looking out towards the fiery furnace of New Carannia, "rebuild this planet and look at expanding our collective trade here as well."

Her personal assistant passed her her cocktail before Aiko gently shooed them away; she pulled out a gold engraved straw from an ornate box in her purse and took a dainty sip of her drink before continuing.

"I'm sure you'd not want to miss out on such opportunities, correct?"

Augustus Tassar

A

ILoW9ro.png

Augustus Tassar
Imperator of the Rim Guard Legions, First Spear of High Vandemar, Founder of the Tyrian Brigades

✠ Objective: I. Operation Peacemaker, Find Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund , Retake New Carannia

✠ Location: Nirauan System, Approaching Orbit Nirauan

✠ Gear: Praetorian Sarissa, Battleblade, Tactical Armor 'Discidator'

✠ Assets:

Naval Forces
Ground Forces
Omnia Vincit (Battleship Bucephelus-class) [ 100 | 100 | 100 ]
~ Full Complement​
Vandemarian Shield Legions 'Rim Guard Legions'
Legio VII 'Praetoria Imperialis' [ 100 | 100 ]
Legio XIII 'Ad Victoriam' [ 100 | 100 ]
Legio XVI 'Raptor Rex' [ 100 | 100 ]

Armored Cohort [ 100 | 100 ] (Excidium-class Tanks)

Wardroid Maniple [ 100 | 100 ] (Dreadnought-class)​

✠ Tag(s): Dante Corvus Dante Corvus , DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran , Willan Tal Willan Tal , Noel Strasza Noel Strasza

Court-1.jpg

Part I: Ad Bellum
Vandemar | High Vandemar | Grand Strategium
Two hours after the initial Maw Invasion . . . .

The call for support reached Vandemar not even an hour after the Maw had touched down on Nirauan and only another hour later the available Supreme and High Command of Vandemar had gathered in High Vandemar, assembling in the Grand Strategium. Rows and rows of tacticians, strategists and logisticians were working on computer stations in rows forming many circles around the central, main hub, a large holo table at the bottom of an amphitheatre with several stations for various displays. This location was acoustically isolated from the rest of the hub and only the highest staff workers and commanders could enter.

As everything in High Vandemar, the Grand Strategium was a brutal crossover of functionality and aesthetics. White marble floors and pillars, golden decorations and marquetry decorated the countless working stations, framing screens as well as desks but not leaving an inch unused or bloating everything with art. The combination was brutal, but it was how Vandemarians worked and lived. Pragmatic and valuing the prettiness of life.

The Castellan had called for the emergency meeting and aside from the High Imperator, the entire Supreme Command was present. The Castellan stood brooding at the side, his aide intercepting all staff members appearing to disturb him. The Lord Praetor in his crimson armor looked as indifferent as always, only a single, deep fold on his forehead and the Artifex Forgelord was only present as a holo flickering. Several members of the High Command, some of the Legions Imperators and Auxillary Marshals as well as member of the Vindicators were present as well but leaving the central platform to the Supreme Command.

With the exception of the leader of the Agema, the First Spear. Formally not a member of the Supreme Command, he was still the adjutant and lieutenant of the High Imperator, even holding his office in his absence and therefore more than entitled to be where he was.

"Our focus must be equally split between securing our lord as well as supporting the New Imperial efforts, otherwise we will loose diplomatic standing." The Castellan offered a very calm and rational statement.

"We must find and exfiltrate the High Imperator first and foremost! The boost in morale to our troops is elementary, we cannot fight in the war without our leader!" The voice of Augustus was a lot more emotional than of his peers.

"Imperator Tassar, we understand your connection, but the last orders of the High Imperator were clear. 'Send reinforcements, join any imperial support column and protect Nirauan.' There is no room for interpretation." Quoted perfectly, the Lord Praetor has his hands resting on the large mace of his office, the mighty head standing on the ground.

"I agree with the sentiment of my two fellow councillors. The orders are clear, the balance is reasonable. We must assemble our forces and send them to Nirauan. Who will take command is the question to be decided." As usual the Forgelords pragmatism was exemplary for all Vandemarians.

Augustus Tassar was furious inside. It was one of the very rare occasions where he could not understand the utter, absolute devotion to the commands given and gets agitated by the absence of clear thinking. Ironically, Tassar was the one being more irrational here, but he did not know it . . . .

N5cG5gd.png

Black_Templar_Battle_Barge.jpg

Nirauan System | Approaching Nirauan
Half an hour after the start of Operation Peacemaker . . . .

One gets used to the background noise of the buzzing and beeping on the bridge of a warship, it is like the sound of impulses running through the nerve system of a body and arriving in the brain to be evaluated and put into context by the individual cells. The brain cells being the bridge crew in this metaphor. The crews of the Battlefleet Vandemar had yet to show their worth in the face of the galaxy during silent dance of space battle. And they would.

Imperator Tassar was standing on the bridge of the mighty battleship Omnia Vincit, the latest addition to the fleet available to the Legion with enough destructive potential to annihilate the obstacles in the way of the legions and with enough carrying potential to send its payload into a successful battle. With his rank of Imperator, Tassar also held the rank of High Admiral in the Battlefleet and was responsible for space and naval warfare all the same. Yet he knew when to cease acting on his possible authority and leaving free reign to the ones more capable and more specialised. Hence why the First Spear stood slightly behind and next to the command throne of the High Captain and was observing the venerable navy commander doing her magic.

Augustus was still annoyed by the behaviour of the Supreme Command. It was wrong. The High Imperator should have priority, especially now after so much time has passed without new orders. To the Agema, this was a rescue mission of their beloved leader and Tassar would make sure of it. But he got orders, the Castellan commanded the Rim Guard Legions to prepare and jump to Nirauan when ready. At least they had decided that Tassar's force would go.

Now he was here and witnessing the full might of the New Imperial military as well as they chaotic hordes of the Maw. It was cataclysmic and the reports from the surface and the city of New Carannia were even worse. Destruction was reigning. But the imperials had started their counter-offensive already and the famed Myrmidons were descending upon the city when the Vandemarian battleship slowly positioned itself geo-synchron close to the city as well.

"Lord General DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran , this is Imperator Tassar. Assault landing inbound, target zone spaceport. Speartip as relief force towards Fort Imperium, Executor Noel Strasza Noel Strasza intended. Requesting information on the last position of High Imperator Aurelian, over."

As the countdown started, Tassar headed towards the hangars. He knew he would be in time to catch his Stormeagle. They would wait for him. His Legions were the best, together his three Legions had more battle honours than any other task force. Individually only the Legio I was ahead, but he would catch up to them. They were masterpieces of the Vandemarian schools of warfare.

"Lord Dante Corvus Dante Corvus , we are right behind your Legion. Securing starport and heading to Fort Imperium in full force. Mechanised and armored reserves locally available for your support. Over."

Augustus entered the gunship as planned, the ramp closing behind him and the ship darting off a few seconds later, many dozens followed, accompanied by a strong fighter screen. They were heading directly for the starport . . . .

vandemarsigil1.png

MOSHED-2021-11-6-14-9-46.gif

RETRIBUTION
SKY GUARDIAN: EMERGENCE vol. I
Issue #2 w/ Delilah Jones Enzo Demici Enzo Demici Electra-12 Electra-12 Electra-13 Electra-13

ACES HIGH
X5Yx2PB.png
Dagger-5, Bravo Flight Lead
181st Imperial Fighter Wing, Imperial Battlegroup
Retribution
:: I seem to have missed the briefing where Dagger-6 dropped her standards, Bravo Leader. :: He spoke up calmly with a parsec-long grin behind his helmet.

Grilling the uppity, born-in-purple son of a gun was on the top of his agenda but that task had been delegated to Del whose interception was swifter than Bravo catching up on the Mawites.
<I must have missed the briefing where you are even remotely classified as a standard, Dagger-7.> she jabbed right back. <I'll make you a deal, Kovacs. You win today's score, you get your dinner. I win, then you buy Demici two rounds of drinks.>

:: Not my words, pal. :: Jon shrugs, a chiteating smirk plastered on his face. :: Better light up the candles then, Six. We'll be back before half the wax's gone. ::

And he would've been right if these Sith lunatics were only half as suicidal as they usually were depicted as. Bandit he was on ( Electra-12 Electra-12 ) managed a U-turn only the most maneuverable of fighters could pull to turn head-on at the pursuing Bravo Flight. Thumbs snapped to the triggers but instincts kicked in at the loud blare of missiles dispatched his way from the bandit and Jon yanked hard to the opposite direction the enemy fighter swerved. Countermeasures were swiftly deployed in his wake.
<You prefer a holy intervention off the bat, Kovacs, or do you want to introduce us first?> she asked Jon as she kept her sights on what would be the technologically dead bubble that was Electra-13 Electra-13 's Fighter.

:: Think you got your answer! :: he barked back as he deaccelerated, steering the ship into a tighter curve back up in an attempt to get a lead on the hostile TIE fighter. The lead indicator flashed and he fired a salvo from his heavy laser cannons at the point where the enemy's trajectory was anticipated to cross. :: If ya 3-9, I want 'em baited at lower alts, give 'em some flak from ours down below! ::​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom