Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech RG-Mark IIIb 'Dreadnought' Wardroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandate of Justice

M
2xxMwEF.png

Strategic-Command-Walker.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Macharian Industries Corporation
  • Affiliation: Rim-Guard Order
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: RG-Mark IIIb 'Dreadnought' Wardroid
  • Modularity: Yes. Weapon configurations.
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Titanium, Matrix Armour, Electronical Parts
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Fourth Degree
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy (65 tons)
  • Height: Very Large (10 meters)
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: One right arm mount: Gatling Cannon, Turbolaser, Inferno Cannon, Plasma Cannon. Plus shoulder mount: Hellfire Missile Launcher. Left arm mount: Heavy repeating blaster. Chin mount: Laser Cannon
  • Misc. Equipment: Sensors (DER, EPR, AS, LFI), Night/Heat/Infrared vision, Ray & particle shields.
  • Resistances (Optional):
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Explosives: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
    • Sonic: None
    • EMP/ION: Average
    • Elemental: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Deflector Shields
  • Modular Weapon Arms
  • Strong Sensors
STRENGTHS
  • Versatile weaponry.
  • Resilient.
WEAKNESSES
  • Vulnerable to EMP and Ion weaponry.
  • Droid brain can be outsmarted.
DESCRIPTION
The Wardroid Mark IIIb of Macharian Industries was developed to fill a gap in the heavy fire support branch of the droid forces of the Rim-Guard Order. Its purpose was to deliver heavy artillery support on a mobile basis, being capable of keeping pace with mechanised troops.

They are protected by own shields, carry serious firepower and act as the pinnacle of armoured warfare in the ranks of the Socii. Due to their Titanium frame and Matrix armor plating, they are very resilient to most forms of damage, but share the same vulnerability to EMP and Ion weapons as all droids do.

ajEW8iL.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Order

While reading through this submission I found that there was something about it that kept drawing my attention back to the mechs of the 40k universe, so I went searching and found the Knight Castellan.

Reading through the wiki page on the Castellan the similarities between the two jumped out at me.

1) Image

While I understand that you have drawn on the Imperial Knights as an inspiration for this submission, using them both as the inspiration and as the image source is far too much taken from one source.
As a note for the future, while you did link games workshop as the creators of the idea, when linking to art it is preferable to link to a page that actually contains the art which you are using. Games workshop might have commissioned it, and might indeed have it on one of the pages of their website, however, it is not on the page which you linked. A link to our guide on images and crediting them can be found here.

2) Size

Height: Very Large (10 meters)

While from the wiki link you provided the RG-Mark IIIb 'Dreadnought' Wardroid stands at "These ancient battlesuits stand thirty to forty Terran feet (9 to 12 metres) tall" (Imperial Knights | 40K Wiki). This size particularly stands out when we compare the submission to other war droids found in the star wars universe. Some of the largest, the SD-10 and the X-1 Viper stand at approximately 4 meters and 6 meters respectively. Far short of the sizes you're describing.

3) Armament

This is the section that particularly stands out.
I will be using the weapons linked on the Knight Castellan page.
The Armament of the Knight Castellan and the RG-Mark IIIb 'Dreadnought' Wardroid are remarkably similar. For the comparison,
Knight Castellan
RG-Mark IIIb 'Dreadnought' Wardroid
Comparison
Plasma DecimatorPlasma CannonBoth are exceeding powerful Plasma Weapons.
Volcano LanceBoth are naval grade laser cannons.
2 Shieldbreaker Missiles
Hellfire Missile Launcher
or Ironstorm Grenade Launcher
Missile Launchers
2 Twin-linked MeltagunsPowerful Flamethrowers
2 Siegebreaker Cannons
Two twin-linked heavy blasters
Two heavy twin-linked/double-barreled cannons.

As you can see from the side by side the weapons load out of the submissions is almost identical.

The Rules

As you can see from the notes above the submission here is almost identical to the Knight Castellan aside from the fact that it is a droid rather than a manned mech.

Chaos' rule particularly disallows content with such similarities from being submitted to the factory and the codex. In particular, the roleplay rules state:

2. Cross-Over Role-play is not allowed.

and the factory rules state that:

• Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked.

It is my opinion that the submission as it stands is in breach of both of these rules. So, if you would like I can move this submission to the pre-factory for you so you can re-write it in a way that would satisfy the points above, which would effectively mean re-writing the entire submission. Or I can archive the submission for you and you can submit another war droid which is more in line with the rule of Chaos.
If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask.

Mandate of Justice

M
1) The submission will now be based on the Strategic Command Walker of the Eternal Alliance.

2) Would it be satisfactory if I change the size to Extreme? Because there are AT-STs with near 9 meters and AT-AT with more than 20 meters, so walking machines of that size seem not an issue to me, this one is just droid controlled or rather, it is a droid. Could work both ways though.

3) Some weapon inspiration and modularity is the only thing now taken from the Imperial Knights from Warhammer 40.000. The twin-linked weapons would be removed and replaced by a light laser cannon.
  • The missiles are part of the model, therefore not part of an imperial knight and while the Knight only has two missiles, this is a launcher with multiple missiles, see the submission for it.
  • Turbolasers are part of Star Wars and it is not unusual to find turbolasers on ground vehicles.
  • The Flamethrower and Plasma weapon are the only ones that remain which show a relation to the original inspiration. Even though a flamethrower is a typical weapon of the Star Wars universe and a big version of it seems not too unlikely to be developed.
Otherwise there are weapon pictures in approved factory tech, which were the most fitting for its purpose and mostly not related to any imperial knight.

The decrease of similarities seems plenty to cause no violation of any rules from my point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom