Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Red War: First Contact - Crash Course!

DWlPvEY.png

S T O R M

Jepei1u.png

Time: 1500 Hours
Equipment: Personal XIPHOS armor, BAW-89 Carbine Rifle, Tactical Recon Handgun (2), G-20 Glop Grenade (3), Thermal Detonator (2)
Objective: (1) establish control of hanger 2B (2) fight to the engine control room (3) Set sublight engine drives and hyperspeed drive to blow (4) Escape before the boom
Assignment: Omega Squad - CO
Tags: | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal | CT-8429 CT-8429 | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac |

Luna had fought almost everything under the galatic sun by this point in her military career. She had fought the monsters of the south, sith, jedi, clones, droids, imperials, republics..yet there was one type of enemy had seemingly slipped through those that had never met the end of her barrel. Cultists. Of course, one could certainly loop the jedi or sith into that idea, but these well and true cultists who believed they were healing..purifying the galaxy. Wonderfully odd, and absolutely horrible. And they had started to launch their attacks quickly and deadly.

The amount of different threats that emerged from seemingly out of the darkness of space had stretched them thin. So much so that a threat such as this one, where it was little more than a ship full of what they assumed to be the virus laden dead hurtling toward a planet, only allowed her to deploy herself and the rest of omega squad, totaling eleven commandos in total, alongside Alpha squad, which only added another twelve. Thankfully for her, there was seemingly some other suicidal karkers ready to throw themselves into the fire.

Standing in the middle of them, the rest of her squad to one side and the three others that had decided to join on the other, she went through the final briefing one final time before they imparted on their mission. “You all know what we’re walking into. Those cultists turned a ship full corpses into walking monstrosities. That virus is headed straight toward Kriselist, and we cannot let it reach the surface or blow apart in the atmosphere. Either would result in catastrophic damage to the planet’s ecosystem.” This was not something that could happen. Not at all. The people of the planet would not be subjected to such a horrible fate if they had anything to say about it.

“To get onto that ship, Mr. Atar will be piloting us to hanger 2B,” she paused, motioning to where the cathar stood off to the side, then continued. “We will establish minimal control of the hanger before pushing forward as quickly as possible to the engine control room, which should not be far from the hanger. There, Alpha squad will be in charge of setting the explosives charges while the rest of us keep them protected. We will then leave the same way we came in, but the escape pods on the second level of the ship are actually close to the hanger should we need to use them.”

Stepping back from the middle, Luna looked to all the faces in the crowd. They were facing something that was beyond practically any of their understanding. A virus that messed one’s mind up so horribly that none could truly comprehend it or bring them back from the edge of the cliff they were on. Perhaps they couldn’t be brought back. Maybe the most merciful thing they could do is banish their souls to wherever they would go after death.

Taking her helmet between her hands, a long breath slipped through her lips before it was flipped, brought over her head and secured. “If there are no questions,” brining the carbine off her shoulder, she made one motion to bring it securely under her shoulder, nodding toward Atar’s ship. “Let’s save a planet.”

Talohn's equipment: Mandalorian armor, TDW HARM squad configuration, Kusak heavy blaster, large EBFAK, The Mule, DP-23 Shotgun with flamethrower underbarrel.

Madlad's equipment: M-8 shotgun, M-10 wolverine, Vornskr revolver, blue lightsaber, Various other internal weapons listed on Madlad's sheet.

Ship: The crimson wolf

It would have been a few days before the mission itself. Talohn. Zlova would gave gotten a holomessage from the silly cathar. "I have an idea for the second date. Care to kill some zombies?" Along with the message came the attached info, and the meeting point for the mission itself. It was up to her if she wanted to show. Talohn sure hoped she did, though he also hoped he could get her to agree to actually wearing a hazmat suit.

Talohn, when Luna finishes her speech, steps out in front of the group. It's that moment at which his droid, Madlad, emerges from the crimson wolf, carrying a crate. "Before we go, Madlad and I come bearing gifts, that could be necessary for us getting out of this alive, so listen up." The cathar is deadly serious, more so than usual. Taking a deep breath, he speaks up once again. "We are dealing with a dead reviving fungus, that wants to do nothing but spread. There was something similar in the jungles of cathar, main difference being that it did not bring people back from the dead. However." He puts up a finger, a reassuring grin on his face. "A fungus is still a fungus. This fungus likely spreads through spores. Which means if you didn't plan to wear a hazmat suit or some sort of body sealing gear, you better change that plan or you, and possibly we, will be fucked three ways to the next system. So if you aren't wearing gear that completely covers your body, do so. There are biohazard suits in the crate." he taps the roof of the crate which Madlad had set down.

"Second off." Talohn states, putting up a second finger. "This is once again, a fungus. Which means it can likely be purged away with fire and heat. Which means large impact lasers and flamethrowers are your friend. Which is why today, I have brought these." He pulls open that crate. and lifts out what seems to be a DP-23 scattershot blaster. A weapon CT-8429 would likely be very familiar with. Basically a laser shotgun. With it comes with a flamethrower underbarrel. "This here is your friend. It will destroy any that close, and burn any that dare to even look in our direction. There's enough for everyone, and it can't hurt to grab one. Please do so."

"Third off." Talohn moves on, throwing up that third finger as he places the scattergun aside. He proceeds to pat Madlad on the shoulder. "This here is Madlad, he is also your friend. Metaphorically." The droid then speaks up, it's voice dark and foreboding. "If you hug me, I will make you eat your spine."
With a roll of his eyes, Talohn continues on. "Heat, lasers, Madlad can take them all. That doesn't mean shoot him as much as possible, try to avoid hitting him with the lasers, but he can handle the flamethrowers. Point is, he's got the muscle to charge the hordes head on. Hopefully they'll be surrounding him enough that we can burn them all to a crisp while Madlad here gets their attention.

The droid chimes in. "I will rip and tear until it is done."

Finally, Talohn finishes the brief of his own. "Alright, go ahead onto the ship if you don't have anymore questions. I left snacks on the kitchen table if anyone didn't eat today. Bacon and pepper poppers. Enjoy yourselves." He hoped Zlova was going to show up last minute or something. That would be just like her. He moves on to look at Leea, hurrying his way over to wherever she's standing in the crowd. He puts a hand on her shoulder. "You stick close to me in this, alright? I won't let a single thing touch you. You just focus on gunning things down with a scattergun. They're zombies, they can't shoot back. Just aim and fire, alright?"

Luna Terrik Luna Terrik Leea Pandac Leea Pandac Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal CT-8429 CT-8429 Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Last edited:
Equipment: Obsidian-type Strike Armor | Phase II w/ Ri Qorit Disabler | Knights Obsidian Warden Shield | Zlova Rue's Lightsabers
Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal | CT-8429 CT-8429 | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac

The Red Twi'lek stood to one side with her arms crossed. Knew what they were walking into? A hairless eyebrow arched over her golden eye at the statement. Talohn's communique had said 'zombies.' So, no, they didn't know what they were walking into unless she missed some Sith Alchemist's treatise on Laws Concerned The Raised Dead. Magick was magick was magick. There were bound to be rules, but Zlova wasn't going to place her trust in 'the best we know so far.'

Luna quickly added it was a 'virus' as well. Which was just lovely. Sith Warrior's favorite enemy -- a microscopic energy you couldn't stab with a lightsaber. Why even Talohn would, in short order, roll out the hazmat suits and crow about their importance. She hated hazmat suits. Hated EVA suits too. Plus radiation suits, chemical spill suits, and formal wear for people eager to lather their ego.

Her head dropped as the... brief entered the Madlad section. While agitating a Sith Lord was good for the murderous intent, it usually didn't end well when surrounded by friendlies. Fortunately, the show was far from pushing Zlova over the edge. Though Talohn's kitchen snacks seriously tested that premise.

A quiet, but heavy sigh escaped her lips before she stepped out into the open and moved toward the crowd. "Don't assume that," she remarked as the Twi'lek passed behind the Cathar trying to reassure Leea. Zombies don't shoot back? Just another assumption she wasn't making. Actually, she'd prefer they did shoot back. Hell, they could surround her in a semi-circle and threaten to overwhelm even her twin sabers and that'd be just swell. A little challenge would make this whole day worth it.

"And you," her golden eyes turned toward Madlad, "had better use something other than your hands for this." She wasn't in a foul mood; Zlova simply wanted to make sure the droid wouldn't slow her -- or them and by extension her -- down. If these creatures piled on top of Madlad forcing people to turn all their attention on saving him because the droid got a little murder happy... Well, she'd both toast his zeal, and then toast his chrome butt being just a memory.

She paused and twirled on the spot to look over at the Cathar male again. "Dauntless?" Really? The we-don't-need-The-Forcers? Granted it wasn't an option for them, but they were quite proud of their accomplishments without "magick" powers. The Force wasn't magick. Raising the dead was magick. There was a fine line somewhere Zlova wager many Academics had differing opinions on where it resided too.

Just like that time on Durace, lack of enemy intel and a populace of effectively unarmed combatants. Though probably a bit more Dandoran honestly, no civies on the front, actual zombies created by some form of microbiological weapon. And this is why I hate the blasted Force. Leea did not relax as Talohn's speech continued with the promise of powerful weapons and protective armour. Not for lack of appreciation, or indeed effort on the Cathar's part to maintain a positive attitude about the equipment. Rather, the Mirialan had enough combat experience in wars to know that gadgets and technology did not win a battle. The blood and sweat of grunts it what keeps a conflict going. This will be no different.

Despite this perhaps pessimistic outlook, Pandac had no intention of forgoing a hazmat suit. Wish I had some of that armour. Blast, even some of that stuff from the Felucia stint would have been helpful. Just keep em at a distance, like Dandoran. At least I've got better equipment this time 'round. Her last struggle with an undead enemy had been unexpected and far from pretty, Leea desired to avoid a repeat. Let's see, short-ranged weapons and less than preferable protection. Keep rank, maintain strong firing position, don't let the deads flank. Don't get encircled, crossfire important if we have to defend against charging. She mentally worked through some basic tactics and recommendations she might make, if asked.

The near-human almost was so preoccupied with her thoughts; she almost missed Madlad's addition. As it was, the droid's particularly unique and decidedly memorable voice garnered Leea's attention. "Huh, don't remember him ever being hugged. Wonder if I should ask him about it sometime," she muttered under her breath. Good to know he's willing to act as bait, but I hope he can live up to what Talohn's saying. Though she did not muse it, the Mirialan did not want to see the droid perish, at least not here on this mission.

As the briefing concluded, Leea soon found herself shuffled to the edge of where the now-dispersing crowd had been. About to get suited up, Leea was half-surprised when the Cathar appeared and spoke to her. Still getting used to this sort of attention. She had gone quite some time without parental care, not that it seemed all that important to her, but it made her somewhat uncertain how to respond when Talohn showed it. With a somewhat restrained grin on her face, Leea spoke what she thought was supposed to be, "Got it. Don't go taking any hits for me-" She cut herself off before she could continue into her old ways, jaded and sarcastic. Her mind continued silents, "Don't want to carry your bleeding backside to the ship if something happens." Instead, she took a moment and gave a bit of a quizzical look at the Twi'lek that passed. Misinterpreting the message, in particular, the Mirialan believed she was talking about Talohn's first assessment, rather than his last. Perhaps it was a vestige of her prior battle-wearied self beginning to take over as she prepared to enter into the fray of war once more.

"What was that about?" She was something of a new face to Leea, although that was hardly a surprise given most of the group she was working with were unknowns. Leea was still working hard to put names and faces together; a task made somewhat difficult when some of her compatriots wore helmets or masks much of the time.

As the scarlet humanoid returned, Leea quietly sighed to herself, already beginning to formulate an apology for yet another person whose name she had forgotten. She seemed quite intent on Talohn at the moment though, and Leea wasn't about to interrupt, although the Mirialan gave a nod in acknowledgement of the Twi'lek. Not entirely wanting to leave yet, but simultaneously not wanting to eavesdrop, Leea spoke quickly to Talohn, "Okay, I'll ready up. Don't want all the suits in my size to be snapped up before I get one."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Luna Terrik Luna Terrik Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal CT-8429 CT-8429 Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

Talohn spots Zlova as she walks behind him, and can't help but smile a little. He wasn't completely trusting of Zlova, but he trusted her more than these people who surrounded him, who he had never met, so her presence helped his nerves a bit. Though her words cause him to let out a sigh as he looks back to Leea. "She's...uh...she's right. The zombies might be able to shoot back. That would change things. Here, Take this, you'll need a ranged weapon just in case." He hands her an M-18 pit viper. He then playfully ruffles the mirialan's hair. "Don't worry, undead won't even manage to get a single inch past this beskar." When Zlova passes, causing her question, Talohn answers quickly, knowing he needed to talk to the ever charming sith as well. "That's Zlova, she's charming, isn't she?" Zlova would likely overhear, though that's where it gets funny. What Talohn says there wasn't sarcasm. His words were playful and teasing, sure, but he genuinely meant the statement about charm. With that done, he turns about to make his way over to Zlova.

Meanwhile, Madlad's gaze turns to Zlova as she addresses him. In response, Madlad simply holds up the blue lightsaber Talohn gave him for the mission. "I have this, a wrist flamethrower, and a few other weapons. I'm very excited to try this little thing out actually." The droid cackles. "it's probably a great dishonor to whatever jedi used to wield it, which makes it funny to me." Misery is hilarious in the eyes of Madlad, unless it's Talohn or Monari that are truly miserable. "Much as I hate to say it, I am glad you are here. I have never met any of these people, therefore, as twisted of a joke as it may be, I trust you more by default." the droid states with a discontent grunt before turning about to embark onto the ship.

As he turns to face her, the first question he gets is in regards to the dauntless. He sighs. "Yes, the dauntless. But I didn't call you here for them. I asked you here for me." He pauses, looking down as he awkwardly scratched his head. "Sorry if that was selfish of me. I just thought cutting down zombies together would be kinda fun? I mean, it's a rare opportunity to get. At least I've never gotten it before. Anyways, they may not need your force powers, Zlova." he reaches to place a hand on her shoulder, eyes meeting hers. "But that's where they and I differ. Never met any of these people before, I needed someone I can trust to fight by me. The Muo dom riru'a who I tore apart pirates with seemed like a natural choice. I've made some charges that you can ignite with your lightning." He hands her a small satchel. "If the horde gets too dense, use the force to throw one, then ignite. I wanted you to have fun as well, doesn't get more fun than explosions, right?" He winks. "Anyways, you watch my back and I watch yours, just like last time." He looks her up and down. "Also is it wrong of me to say that this armor is uh......" He looks up at her again. "You look laii." he states, too shy to use galactic standard, though still extremely honest as always.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Leea Pandac Leea Pandac (Sorry to the rest for posting again. I just didn't get to address Zlova's part in my idea initially and I wanted to amend that.)

Last edited:
CIS3.png

REUNION

A return to his roots.

It was something that suited him and something he’d not done in a considerable amount of time. Not sense his earlier days in the Confederacy. Back before his expeditious climb through its ranks and now civilian lifestyle which still saw him closely tied to the Confederate Arm Forces as a whole. When the Grand Marshal, Luna Terrik Luna Terrik , spoke, her words were not so much directed toward his objective, but even so, he knew it and it was worth it to him to know the plan for those that would be on board the derelict ship where the bulk of the mission would be taking place.

Instead, Alden’s objective in this was a return to the cockpit of a starfighter as he would take to the role of overwatch. The immediate safety of the shuttle and its passenger would be of paramount necessity here, as would permanently disabling the derelict vessel and the possibly ceasing of its seemingly unhindered advance toward Kriselist. Everyone had their role to play in this, and he was vastly knowledgeable of his.

He ran a hand along the green texture of the flight suit that adorned his figure, the helmet held in both hands before him. The old patch of Sabre Squadron was embroidered into his shoulder and the familiar craft stood parked directly next to the shuttle from which Talohn Atar Talohn Atar had emerged and proceeded to divvy out protective suits as well as weaponry, which they hopefully would not need.

There were a total of five T-77 “Talon” Stealth Interceptors in the hangar alongside the shuttle. And each carried the same mission objective. Protect the boarding party and disable the ship if at all possible. It seemed simple enough, but if all his years in service had taught him anything, Alden knew better than to trust such appearances. More often than not, this was not the case. And so he expected this not to be. If something could go wrong, it would; he just hoped he and his team, along with that of the boarding party were prepared enough to capitalize on their objectives and find success yet again.

For the Confederacy!

Alden turned his helmet in hand, the opening now facing skyward. Memories of a distant past rushed to him and he could help but offer a smile in return. This is where the fun began and he lived for it.
ADiver.png

B5Ak3kU.gif
Gear: XIPHOS Dauntless Phase-I Armor, satchel charge (x1), smoke grenades (x2), DEX (4 pack), frag grenade (x2), glop grenade (x2) first-aid kit, BAW-57 Heavy Blaster Pistol, TDW M-8 Shotgun.
Tags: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Zlova Rue Zlova Rue | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac | CT-8429 CT-8429

"Aw swell, a clingy fungus." Rook's words were spoken in a hushed tone as she turned away from the briefing. Shaking her head she acted busy checking her vambrace then the collar of her armor. To an outsider she was just another commando, albeit a bit too tall and exuding a feeling of otherness. To someone who may have known her she was in a mood, and something somewhere was begging for her to snap. Over the shoulder of her armor Rook cast a narrowed stare at a red Twi'lek in the room. She again turned her attention to her vambrace, tightening it until it gave a plastoid click. Having taken her helmet under her arm Rook stepped away from the Twi'lek's direction and strode toward Marshal Terrik, slowing her pace as she got near the woman. Rook judged the time to speak to be when the marshal didn't seem too preoccupied, seizing the moment she got a chance to lock eyes with the red-head.

"Marshal, if I may. There's a big concern I got headin' into this mission..." the white and orange helmet was now in her hands, a subconscious buffer between herself and any judgement Terrik might have barked in response. Gray eyes stayed on course with the marshal's, and the serious tone of her voice sounded alien compared to her normally affable character. "Now I know...I understand the Confederacy plays by a different book. It's got its types just like O.P.A. did but," she managed to not cast a glance toward the Sith in the room, "still there's some...ma'am ya can't just trust 'em. I'm not talkin' from readin' news but from...I just know." Her brow knit with an unaccustomed worry as she kept her gaze down to watch for the marshal's response.

yellow.png

Equipment: Obsidian-type Strike Armor | Phase II w/ Ri Qorit Disabler | Knights Obsidian Warden Shield | Zlova Rue's Lightsabers
Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal | CT-8429 CT-8429 | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac

The Twi'lek soft grunted at Talohn's compliment. She wasn't pissed at him, but a Dauntless mission hadn't exactly been what she'd expected when he called; and the thoughtfulness behind the snacks while Luna was trying to stoke a fire everyone... The Cather man found his stride in optimism despite his background too easily. It was endearing, but also stoked a bit of envy.

"By all means, use it then. If he lets you keep it, we can spar any time." It was relief to see she wouldn't need to worry about carrying Madlad. Get in close to the enemy, but pick them off at a distance first. Weed out the weak ones, and draw down their number. Well-made as the droid was, it wasn't impervious and Talohn would be beside himself if the insane ramblings of his creation ceased one day. "You can trust me not to cut you in half," she replied with equal amusement.

When the red woman and the Cathar came face to face, Zlova stood patiently in wait for his response. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as he explained himself. They resumed their normal size when he laid a hand on her shoulder, and soon slid down to the satchel of explosives. Not a word had been said before his tone drew her eyes back up to find him studying her figure.

"How could a woman like me pass up an opportunity to kill 'zombies' with such a handsome warrior like yourself? And explosives," she hefted the satchel, "such a thoughtful gift, Talohn." Her free hand reached up to caress the side of his face before her fingers slipped into his hair. "Long as it's for you, I'll always be there." Of course she'd come if the Dauntless actually wanted a Knight present -- one blood bath was as good as another -- but scraps were better when you had a partner. Someone that wasn't occupied so much with the duty of carrying out a mission as they were kicking ass.

Rook's approach to the Grand Marshall didn't garner Zlova's attention. The Twi'lek wasn't the type to stick her ear into every conversation. She was paranoid about betrayal, but she wasn't obsessed by it. Merely distrusting of almost every living sentient. Talohn was one of those -- along with
Solana Arasne -- that had shown her a good time and seemed less likely to stab her in the back. So far.

"I suppose you want me to hide my gorgeous skin inside one of thee hazmat suits you brought?" she asked Talohn. A small smile crept across her lips. She wasn't vain enough to be offended by the idea; just uncertain about the idea of anything constraining her movements. Some Force powers might wear at such a thing if it wasn't designed to weather combat as well as protect from strange substances.

DWlPvEY.png

S T O R M

Jepei1u.png

Time: 1500 Hours
Equipment: Personal XIPHOS armor, BAW-89 Carbine Rifle, Tactical Recon Handgun (2), G-20 Glop Grenade (3), Thermal Detonator (2), DP-23 (Holstered)
Objective: (1) establish control of hanger 2B (2) fight to the engine control room (3) Set sublight engine drives and hyperspeed drive to blow (4) Escape before the boom
Assignment: Omega Squad - CO
Tags: | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal | CT-8429 CT-8429 | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac |

To say that their guests were odd would be giving them a lot of credit that Luna thought they would be normal in the first place. In truth, she really didn’t understand sith nor their culture to this day. Despite having been around some sort of force order from the very beginning of her military career, there were still plenty of things that they did and believed that did not make much sense to her. She wasn’t a denier of the force in the very sense that she didn’t believe it existed, but perhaps it didn’t have as much power over them as the sith gave it credit for. Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t, but you wouldn’t find Luna sitting and dwelling over it.

It seemed as thought the company sith kept were just as odd, as the moment Luna was finished with the briefing, their pilot for the day stepped up to begin to give a speech of his own. In reality, she didn’t mind too much. Her men were wearing armor that thankfully did cover them head to toe, so risk of leaks was minimal, but it was a good reminder. His second point did hold a bit more water to it. Dauntless knew their vambraces all held a small amount of flamethrower oil within for a situation such as this one, but to have a bit more firepower on their side was never going to be something Luna turned down. And to show her support, she stepped forward, looking into the crate before pulling out one of the blasters and strapping it to her back. “Load up people. We’re leaving.”

Luna watched as the rest of the alpha’s and omega’s grabbed the blasters that were provided and started toward the ship. She stuck behind for a moment, turning to where the tall pilot stood among the crowd. It was one of the first times her and Akaran had come face to..helmet, though she knew he was responsible for saving their butts more than once. No words were exchanged, but a sharp salute toward him represented the respect she had for him, and the encouragement that she knew he’d do what was necessary on this endeavor.

She was about to make for the ship to run through the final checks with the rest of the squads when it was Rook who made her way over to the marshal, looking much the troubled one. And, honestly, Luna knew where she was coming from. She had read the woman's profile. It was no secret what the sith had once done to her, and she reached over to pat the woman's shoulder softly to assure her that her worry would not be pushed away. "I understand how you feel, even more than you know. We'll be fine, however. Stick close to your brothers and sisters, lean on them when you feel as though you might be weaker than the situation will allow. Do that, and we'll all get through this. Together." Maybe not the answer Rook wanted, and almost certainly not the one she expected, but Luna knew she'd pull the meaning out eventually.

Pulling her hand from the woman's shoulder armor with a nod, she started toward the chariot of the day, quickly stepping up the ramp and finding herself to the cargo hold where the rest of the Dauntless had gathered for the mission. Most seemed to be going over their final checks. Armor seals, weapons cleanliness, and equipment readiness, all normal. At least, until her eyes fell upon where Granny sat near the back, silently nibbling on one the poppers the cathar had so kindly offered. By time the one armed commando looked up to see the Grand Marshal staring at her, she was halfway through the second popper. “What?" She asked, tossing the rest in her mouth with a smirk. “They weren’t half bad.”

There was no doubt that her eyeroll could be felt by the entirety of both squads at Granny’s answer, even through the shield of her helmet. Luna began to sit near the side of the ship, chuckling lightly as she did so. “Oh nothing. Just thought I taught you all better than to take snacks from strange pilots. Bunch of children, you lot are sometimes.” There was a soft bout of laughter that followed from the nearby commandos, just as the ship began to liftoff and exit the hanger. It wouldn’t be long now, and soon they would be battling a threat many would never have guessed they’d face off. Just the life and normalcy of a Dauntless, it seemed.

Posting Order, starting from this post.

Luna – Talohn – Zlova – Leea – Rook – CT

Lets try and keep to this so we can make sure everyone knows their turn. I’ll make sure to keep us moving however, so feel free to tell me if we need to skip you in any particular round. Time to have some fun peeps!

Last edited:
Talohn seems pleased that the leader of these dauntless folk is happy with the guns, and he quickly gives Luna a thumbs up as she starts heading into the ship. The ship's inside is what you'd expect for it's model, though it looks more lived in near the center of the ship. They'd probably be staying in thee loading bay however, waiting to exit just as they arrive. For those who wanted to look around, they'd find the usual stuff for someone who lives on a ship. One of the larger rooms in the center of the ship has been converted to a living room with it's own kitchen, where the snacks would be waiting. There's a few couches, coffee tables, and a holoprojector that plays movies on the wall. The kitchen is even equipped with it's own mini garden. This cathar isn't living small, that's for certain. Most of the other doors are locked, he preferred no one snoop around or anything.

When everyone departs onto the ship, that leaves only Talohn and Zlova outside as they talk. He smiles warmly at her words. He's glad she wasn't horribly angry. When she runs a hand through his fur and hair, it's silky soft like usual. Then she asks him about the hazmat suit. "I can't force you to do anything, but it would certainly help my nerves if you did. If I had to face zombie Zlova....well..." He shakes his head, shuddering a bit. "Let's just say I much prefer the presence of living Zlova, ok?" He then gets to the teasing part, as he always does. "Cause she's sweet, kind hearted, and innocent." He grins. "Anyways, I know this isn't on your list of situations you like to be in." He leans in, giving Zlova a quick peck on the cheek before he puts on his helmet. Perfectly audible with the voice modulator, he finishes his words. "But you showed up, thanks. I'll make it up to you somehow, I promise."

With that done, Talohn departs onto the ship, making his way past all the other folks on board until he arrives at the ship's cockpit, where he sits down in the seat behind Leea. She was the pilot, but he handled the weapons system. Pulling up the cameras and screens that would be used to control it all on the holoprojector, he turns on all the weapons. He then activates the ship's intercom if Luna isn't already at the front of the ship. "Luna Terrik, to the principal's office, Luna Terrik. Needed for landing support." The tone isn't belittling or insulting, he's just a childish man making a joke. Once she arrives, Talohn looks back at her from his seat. "I'll need you to direct us to the right hangar, just in case there's more than one."

Now that he's got that done, he calls out to Leea. "You ready to fly?"

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Luna Terrik Luna Terrik Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal CT-8429 CT-8429 Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

Last edited:

Zlova beamed at Talohn's favoring of her being alive. That changed into a humored disbelief when he started in on the 'sweet, kind hearted, and innocent' bit. She might be sweet and kind to him, but the Cathar better not go around describing her like that to other people. It only set them up for disappointment. Especially when they saw her drop out of the sky and start lopping off limbs. Reputation triple threat.

A soft snort followed Talohn's thanks. "Of course I showed up. Now you start inviting me to political action committee meetings then I'm turning you into a six-legged freak and setting you lose on some backwater planet." A smile turned to her lips afterward. Zlova had just been letting off steam and using the Dauntless to do it. She hadn't even been with the Confederacy when the whole Dauntless invades the Knights thing happened, but that didn't mean the Twi'lek failed to get an earful about it. Seemed the no-Forcers and Force-types didn't get along. So much for the 'we love everyone' PR campaign of the Confederacy.

Not their fault, really. Only simple minded fools believed the PR campaign of any governments. They all lied. Every. One. People were complex and hyporcritical, conflict was inevitable, and the sooner the Jedi listened to the Sith the sooner everyone could come to accept reality.

After they'd boarded the ship with all their gear, Zlova looked around at all the bucket heads present. Gods she was drowning in playful insults, and they hadn't even said a word to her yet. Trying to be the stoic warrior and not draw their commander's attention? How cute. Oh, don't get a woman wrong, she totally understood having been a student of a Sith Lord once, but that didn't mean they were immune from being goaded about it.

"Nice gun," the red woman remarked with her golden eyes sliding over one of the commando's armament.

"Don't worry," Zlova turned and smiled at another group present, "if you turn into a flesh-eating zombie, I'll kill you. Least I can do for family." Her cheeks lifted with merriment. She hardly knew anyone in the Confederacy. At best she was the distant cousin with a reputation as a black sheep. A pariah even she hadn't made it public her being formerly and properly Sith. Some probably knew from the tattoos, but not many. Traditional Sith Tattoos weren't that common. Oh, you'd see a Sith with one or two. A full body covering of them (not that most of her body was visible currently) was rare these days. More's the pity. People really did forget where they came from, and there was more than academic knowledge lost in the process.

Hanger 2B, Engine Compartment, Disable Engines, Escape. Zlova noted which people had the explosives. Flippant. Arrogant. Haughty. Zlova could be those and more, but she wasn't stupid. Survival demanded being prepared for the worst case scenario. Sure, she could always run, save herself, and let the planet perish -- that was an option, but a bad one. Not because she cared for nameless, faceless masses, of course. It was a matter of pride. Some failures you rebounded from stronger than before. Others were just dishertening though -- "You couldn't take out the engines of a ship of shambling corpses?" What kind of pathetic warrior would you have to be to be out-shined by dead people? So, not happening. One way or the other the ship wasn't making it to the planet.

Taking the pistol from Talohn, Leea nodded in appreciation. When he introduced Zlova, the Mirialan attempted to keep a smile on her face as she responded hesitantly, "If you say so." Seems like she might be trouble, then again if he trusts her I guess there's no reason I shouldn't.

---

It took a few minutes to become accustom to the suit. By the time most of the various strangers and fellow undead hunters had begun filing into the ship, Leea had spent a few minutes in the cockpit stretching and testing her range of mobility. Surprise, surprise. Can't quite reach there, or there, or.... there. How about.... nope. "This is going to be so much fun." She mumbled to herself as she brought her borrowed rifle around and began moving through several movements she was accustomed to taking on the battlefield. "Eh, it'll be better than no protection. At least time I'll have a whole company behind me." Heh, yeah a company. A company would be nice, blast even a platoon would be great. Oh, well guess I can reach there. "Well, all I can do is trust in my skill and my allies. Nothing more right?" She clicked the weapon into a safety restraint, not wanting it to potentially rattle around the cabin if there is some sort of turbulence.

Alright, time for the flight check. Sitting into the pilot's seat, Leea began the pre-flight check. As Talohn came in she was finishing up and tapping the information into a datapad. "Hey, feeling lucky today?" she queried, a broad grin plastered across her face. She flipped a couple of switches, power rushing to the various systems in preparation for final departure.

"Guns are hot. Engines good, subsystems good, I think we've got a lovely bit of space for flight today. Just give the word." As her employer and friend requested Luna to the cockpit, Leea smirked before asking, "So, who's the principle this time?" She then settled into her seat and awaited for the go ahead.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Luna Terrik Luna Terrik Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal CT-8429 CT-8429 Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

Master Sergeant Tiria Reinhart strode down the length of the ship until she stopped just inside the cockpit. Her green eyes shifted from one pilot to the next for a moment. Voice had belonged to the male. Unnecessarily playful, but not worth wasting time chastising. Mission came first and right now they needed to lift off. "Take off." She pointed at a display, "Hanegr 2B. Plot a course to those coordinates and get us there as soon as possible."

A heartbeat passed before a brow brow arched over an eye. "Unless you're worried about being shot at." She could be... playful too. Usually came across different than how others expressed it. There'd always been 'drawbacks' to being a Hive Mind masquerading as just another sentient in the galaxy. It took effort to let the 'humanity' show despite having so many lifetimes to draw upon.

"Grand Marshal is preparing to lead the charge into the enemy stronghold. My name is Master Sergeant Reinhart. Pleasure to meet you both." Wasn't so hard to remember to be polite though. "Are you planning to accompany a squad into the ship?" And a little clarity as to what this pair would be doing once they were aboard would go a long way. Surprises were not pleasant on a battlefield.

Tag: Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac | Zlova Rue Zlova Rue | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal | CT-8429 CT-8429 | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom