Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion The Ninn Kaggath | Rebellion of Ninn | WotS vs TSE

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
MOBILE SITH ACADEMY OF HIGHER LEARNING
DEEP SPACE
Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin | Closed​

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Thank you for joining me, Darth Daiara Darth Daiara . I'm happy we could handle this face to face."

The cavernous training room stank of smoke and cleaning chemicals. The place had a deep chill, an aura of the Dark Side. Aradia would have trained here more than once.

sqbCRzi.gif

Ashin walked up to the central platform, which was large enough for a duel all by itself. Around the platform, steam hissed up from vents fed by alchemical furnaces elsewhere. She wore the sword Jentaral at her hip - her usual daily carry, not an explicit threat or invitation to violence.

"You made the cut to stand among the knights and masters who study in this...non-denominational academy of the Dark Side. You've grown since we met at Lake Krul. And you understand, I'm sure, that my friendship with your first teacher earned you no special consideration. You are here because you deserve it.

"Sadly," she added without the slightest indication of sadness, "other than you, how many of the Zambrano dynasty's loyalists have dared to apply, let alone succeeded? The answer is three, as it happens, none of them currently studying here. At the moment you are the sole representative of the Sith Empire in this academy.

"I'm no ethicist, Aradia, but I do find value in one principle: if an action is contemptible, I generally don't do it. I would submit that the Sith Empire is not good enough for you. Its principles and practices don't deserve your loyalty. Can we discuss?"

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia stood at the edge of the room, not claiming the center of the platform with Ashin. She had no reason to mistrust the woman, even if the two empires did clash lightyears below their feet. The word friend wasn't easily given out by Kaalia, but when it was used, Aradia didn't easily forget it.

It was wise to know who might lend a hand in a world of deadly absolutes. Still, Aradia didn't approach the Sith Lord who had summoned her. The chill of the room reminded her of the secrets she held. She took in a deep breath and listened to the Ashin's address.

"I'm no ethicist, Aradia, but I do find value in one principle: if an action is contemptible, I generally don't do it. I would submit that the Sith Empire is not good enough for you. Its principles and practices don't deserve your loyalty. Can we discuss?"

Her rigid spine slowly released, her hands falling amicably at her side. "Usually it's the Jedi trying to convert me," she mused, no smile on her lips as she looked Ashin over.

A beat.

She tipped her chin and stepped onto the platform. "If I'm a loyalist though, the Empire is screwed." As Darth Pollix could contest... She grimaced and folded her arms around her front. "I'm just trying to keep the keep the Imperials back."

"It's the right thing to do."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE
Darth Daiara Darth Daiara

"Yes, I suppose it is," Ashin said. "I do have one more principle, you might say: punch up, not down. There's something deeply contemptible about the way the New Order and the Galactic Alliance have combined to crush the Sith Empire relentlessly. Not as contemptible as the Empire's many atrocities and cowardices and petty vanities, of course - but still. This war is no contest of equals. I appreciate an underdog. If not for the Empire's abject and irredeemable worthlessness I'd back it to the hilt."

She smiled thinly.

"I believe the Empire's leaders thought they were seizing the opportunity to punch down for once when they crossed us at Ninn. A planet where we, the Warlords, had just finished crushing our second consecutive New Order incursion. The Sith Empire is by no means the New Order's most committed and promising enemy.

"I won't say we're paragons of honor - but the Warlords have earned my loyalty and respect. I want that authenticity for the ones like you, the next generation doomed to die so the Zambrano cult can perpetrate its last few aimless, flailing genocides for sport."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Or--" Aradia countered, "The Empire was trying to shore up their territory to prevent the Imperials from cutting the it off at the neck."

She bit her own tongue and considered Ashin. Self-expression wasn't an easy trait for a once-was slave. The Academies certainly hadn't encouraged it either. It was one thing to open up and speak her mind, it was another to disagree with a superior.

Come to think of it, it was easier to duel a jedi than was it was to hold Ashin's gaze and elaborate further. But she did, speaking with slow intention as she explained her perspective.

"They will be back for Ziost. I haven't seen any sign of their resources showing strain, it's unnatural. They want that territory, and if they get it? The rest of the Empire falls dark. All of those worlds--

"Purged."

Her fingers tightened on her arms, her words flowing freer as passion entered her tone. "Ninn would stop that, wouldn't it? They could establish secure trade routes, move troops-- continue to fight back. Which you should want. Master, the more of us there are out there, the safer we are. They're not going to stop at the The Empire. Imagine, the full force of the Imperials and Jedi coming down on your little warlords-"

A short, pained laugh escaped her.

"There's no honor out there."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"What I should want, hmm? Understand, Aradia, there's no circumstance where I'd piss on the Sith Empire leadership if it was on fire. I hold contempt for the New Order as well, for their stupid waste and hypocrisy and most of all getting my wife killed, but the Sith Empire is who actually killed her. These are many of the same core people who served the One Sith - who turned a blind eye when their lords kidnapped and tortured Spencer. There was betrayal, both then and thirty years ago. It's all the same cadre, all the same faces, convincing the best and the brightest of each generation to waste themselves. Their best interests are not yours."

Ashin spread her hands in a disarming kind of way.

"But let's focus on what matters to you: defeating the New Imperial Order. Let's consider Ninn a microcosm of everything wrong with the Empire, and why I believe you'd find more success with us.

"The Empire
moved to take control of Ninn through economic talks - veiled pillaging to feed the war machine and the next great Zambrano palace.

"Meanwhile, our forces - the 'little Warlords,' as you put it -
defeated a major New Order incursion both groundside and in orbit. We beat them in two more engagements at Brosi just before that. I'll always remember taking and holding the Nihun Bridge as real Sith Lords drove back the Imperial Knights. In a couple of weeks, we've had more solid victories against the New Order than the Empire's past year. Why? Because the leaders you follow are clinging to their thrones for a little reprieve before they're average Sith again. And they will throw your life away for that reprieve."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Meanwhile, our forces - the 'little Warlords,' as you put it"-- Aradia grimaced, shifting her weight onto her back leg. She opted to fall silent, half absorbed with facts she hadn't known and half enticed, yes, with the news the Imperials were being beaten back.

"...I dont care about the Empire," she finally stated, her voice nearly hushed. She might not be a loyalist now, but she had been raised as one-- schooled as one. She did not find it so easy to out right disown the entity that had once made up her whole world. "I know it's flawed. I know it'd sooner step on my back to keep ahead.

"I understand how this works."

She looked around them, then stepped forward again, confiding, "They don't have my loyalty anymore. But I don't see how that changes anything. Tell me, you've seen empires fall before. What will those nations do once they've won?"

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

Ashin shook her head. "I don't know the future. I'm no prophet. I do have a good imagination. Here's what I picture."

Illusion wasn't her strong suit either. The rough galactic map that took form above them was a thing of static and sparks, controlled little webs of discharge like lightning flickering inside a thunderhead. The air grew heavy. It stank of ozone. The galaxy of lightning filled the gigantic chamber above their heads. The map took different configurations, territories marked in light and darkness and all the hues of lightning. The Warlords' territory was a sizzling red, for one.

"I imagine the New Order will overextend. Perhaps they'll clash with the Silver Jedi at Eshan or in the former Sith worlds. Perhaps those tensions will be the backdrop for wars against the Worm's faction on Korriban, or against the Warlords, or all of the above. You know far better than me that the New Order are uncompromising fascists just like most of their enemies. That forces them to push too long and too far, or risk crippling deflation once the war is ostensibly won. No matter how the next year or two shakes out, the New Order will struggle to justify its own existence. It'll lash out in hopes of rekindling old glories, but its long decline will already be in motion."

The map vanished, grounded out in the phrik walls.

"So I've joined the Warlords, not because I care about territory but because they're successfully chipping away at the New Order. The weaker and more fatigued our mutual enemies become, in any degree, the quicker their well-earned collapse."

LoWzPxz.png

It all made sense. Aradia couldn't deny that Ashin had a rather thought out prediction on the path the imperials were bleeding themselves down. She didn't care for news or politics, she was naively convinced that wars could be fought off battle plans alone. It made Ashin's rendition sound that much more plausible to her inexperienced mind.

Perhaps it wasn't wise to trust the woman who would stand on the other side of the field, but she was sure that if Ashin meant her harm it would have already been committed. This was a recruitment after all.

Aradia crossed her arms, her posture relaxing as she let out a heavy breath.

"And what happens to those that don't join-- that don't believe-- that get left behind when the Empire fails. They will be left more vulnerable than ever. They will retreat here. Maybe with others. When they come knocking on these doors, what will you do?" She questioned, her voice growing hushed at the implication.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"Let's examine that future, then."

The last vestiges of the lightning map grounded out, leaving the air heavy and tense in the grand training room.

"I fully agree with you: the very loyal or stubborn will wait until the Empire's final moments to go elsewhere. If they show up at the Warlords' door and there's no personal vengeance necessary, I'm sure they can find a place and a power base with us. If they come here specifically, here to the Pomojema...well, my dear, that depends entirely on two things. Whether they can meet this academy's standards like you did, and whether they were complicit in my wife's torture and murder."

The temperature in the room dropped a dozen degrees or so. Ashin didn't notice.

"There is no place in this academy for a handful of serious old names. But the hundreds of talented Sith who will realize too late that being part of the Empire is worthless - them, I'll take with open arms."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Thank you for joining me, Darth Daiara Darth Daiara . I'm happy we could handle this face to face."

The cavernous training room stank of smoke and cleaning chemicals. The place had a deep chill, an aura of the Dark Side. Aradia would have trained here more than once.

sqbCRzi.gif

Ashin walked up to the central platform, which was large enough for a duel all by itself. Around the platform, steam hissed up from vents fed by alchemical furnaces elsewhere. She wore the sword Jentaral at her hip - her usual daily carry, not an explicit threat or invitation to violence.

"You made the cut to stand among the knights and masters who study in this...non-denominational academy of the Dark Side. You've grown since we met at Lake Krul. And you understand, I'm sure, that my friendship with your first teacher earned you no special consideration. You are here because you deserve it.

"Sadly," she added without the slightest indication of sadness, "other than you, how many of the Zambrano dynasty's loyalists have dared to apply, let alone succeeded? The answer is three, as it happens, none of them currently studying here. At the moment you are the sole representative of the Sith Empire in this academy.

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia stood at the edge of the room, not claiming the center of the platform with Ashin. She had no reason to mistrust the woman, even if the two empires did clash lightyears below their feet. The word friend wasn't easily given out by Kaalia, but when it was used, Aradia didn't easily forget it.

It was wise to know who might lend a hand in a world of deadly absolutes. Still, Aradia didn't approach the Sith Lord who had summoned her. The chill of the room reminded her of the secrets she held. She took in a deep breath and listened to the Ashin's address.

Her rigid spine slowly released, her hands falling amicably at her side. "Usually it's the Jedi trying to convert me," she mused, no smile on her lips as she looked Ashin over.

A beat.

She tipped her chin and stepped onto the platform. "If I'm a loyalist though, the Empire is screwed." As Darth Pollix could contest... She grimaced and folded her arms around her front. "I'm just trying to keep the keep the Imperials back."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Yes, I suppose it is," Ashin said. "I do have one more principle, you might say: punch up, not down. There's something deeply contemptible about the way the New Order and the Galactic Alliance have combined to crush the Sith Empire relentlessly. Not as contemptible as the Empire's many atrocities and cowardices and petty vanities, of course - but still. This war is no contest of equals. I appreciate an underdog. If not for the Empire's abject and irredeemable worthlessness I'd back it to the hilt."

She smiled thinly.

"I believe the Empire's leaders thought they were seizing the opportunity to punch down for once when they crossed us at Ninn. A planet where we, the Warlords, had just finished crushing our second consecutive New Order incursion. The Sith Empire is by no means the New Order's most committed and promising enemy.

"I won't say we're paragons of honor - but the Warlords have earned my loyalty and respect. I want that authenticity for the ones like you, the next generation doomed to die so the Zambrano cult can perpetrate its last few aimless, flailing genocides for sport."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Or--" Aradia countered, "The Empire was trying to shore up their territory to prevent the Imperials from cutting the it off at the neck."

She bit her own tongue and considered Ashin. Self-expression wasn't an easy trait for a once-was slave. The Academies certainly hadn't encouraged it either. It was one thing to open up and speak her mind, it was another to disagree with a superior.

Come to think of it, it was easier to duel a jedi than was it was to hold Ashin's gaze and elaborate further. But she did, speaking with slow intention as she explained her perspective.

"They will be back for Ziost. I haven't seen any sign of their resources showing strain, it's unnatural. They want that territory, and if they get it? The rest of the Empire falls dark. All of those worlds--

"Purged."

Her fingers tightened on her arms, her words flowing freer as passion entered her tone. "Ninn would stop that, wouldn't it? They could establish secure trade routes, move troops-- continue to fight back. Which you should want. Master, the more of us there are out there, the safer we are. They're not going to stop at the The Empire. Imagine, the full force of the Imperials and Jedi coming down on your little warlords-"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"What I should want, hmm? Understand, Aradia, there's no circumstance where I'd piss on the Sith Empire leadership if it was on fire. I hold contempt for the New Order as well, for their stupid waste and hypocrisy and most of all getting my wife killed, but the Sith Empire is who actually killed her. These are many of the same core people who served the One Sith - who turned a blind eye when their lords kidnapped and tortured Spencer. There was betrayal, both then and thirty years ago. It's all the same cadre, all the same faces, convincing the best and the brightest of each generation to waste themselves. Their best interests are not yours."

"But let's focus on what matters to you: defeating the New Imperial Order. Let's consider Ninn a microcosm of everything wrong with the Empire, and why I believe you'd find more success with us.

"The Empire
moved to take control of Ninn through economic talks - veiled pillaging to feed the war machine and the next great Zambrano palace.

defeated a major New Order incursion both groundside and in orbit. We beat them in two more engagements at Brosi just before that. I'll always remember taking and holding the Nihun Bridge as real Sith Lords drove back the Imperial Knights. In a couple of weeks, we've had more solid victories against the New Order than the Empire's past year. Why? Because the leaders you follow are clinging to their thrones for a little reprieve before they're average Sith again. And they will throw your life away for that reprieve."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Meanwhile, our forces - the 'little Warlords,' as you put it"-- Aradia grimaced, shifting her weight onto her back leg. She opted to fall silent, half absorbed with facts she hadn't known and half enticed, yes, with the news the Imperials were being beaten back.

"...I dont care about the Empire," she finally stated, her voice nearly hushed. She might not be a loyalist now, but she had been raised as one-- schooled as one. She did not find it so easy to out right disown the entity that had once made up her whole world. "I know it's flawed. I know it'd sooner step on my back to keep ahead.

She looked around them, then stepped forward again, confiding, "They don't have my loyalty anymore. But I don't see how that changes anything. Tell me, you've seen empires fall before. What will those nations do once they've won?"

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

Ashin shook her head. "I don't know the future. I'm no prophet. I do have a good imagination. Here's what I picture."

Illusion wasn't her strong suit either. The rough galactic map that took form above them was a thing of static and sparks, controlled little webs of discharge like lightning flickering inside a thunderhead. The air grew heavy. It stank of ozone. The galaxy of lightning filled the gigantic chamber above their heads. The map took different configurations, territories marked in light and darkness and all the hues of lightning. The Warlords' territory was a sizzling red, for one.

"I imagine the New Order will overextend. Perhaps they'll clash with the Silver Jedi at Eshan or in the former Sith worlds. Perhaps those tensions will be the backdrop for wars against the Worm's faction on Korriban, or against the Warlords, or all of the above. You know far better than me that the New Order are uncompromising fascists just like most of their enemies. That forces them to push too long and too far, or risk crippling deflation once the war is ostensibly won. No matter how the next year or two shakes out, the New Order will struggle to justify its own existence. It'll lash out in hopes of rekindling old glories, but its long decline will already be in motion."

"So I've joined the Warlords, not because I care about territory but because they're successfully chipping away at the New Order. The weaker and more fatigued our mutual enemies become, in any degree, the quicker their well-earned collapse."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

It all made sense. Aradia couldn't deny that Ashin had a rather thought out prediction on the path the imperials were bleeding themselves down. She didn't care for news or politics, she was naively convinced that wars could be fought off battle plans alone. It made Ashin's rendition sound that much more plausible to her inexperienced mind.

Perhaps it wasn't wise to trust the woman who would stand on the other side of the field, but she was sure that if Ashin meant her harm it would have already been committed. This was a recruitment after all.

"And what happens to those that don't join-- that don't believe-- that get left behind when the Empire fails. They will be left more vulnerable than ever. They will retreat here. Maybe with others. When they come knocking on these doors, what will you do?" She questioned, her voice growing hushed at the implication.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

The last vestiges of the lightning map grounded out, leaving the air heavy and tense in the grand training room.

"I fully agree with you: the very loyal or stubborn will wait until the Empire's final moments to go elsewhere. If they show up at the Warlords' door and there's no personal vengeance necessary, I'm sure they can find a place and a power base with us. If they come here specifically, here to the Pomojema...well, my dear, that depends entirely on two things. Whether they can meet this academy's standards like you did, and whether they were complicit in my wife's torture and murder."

"There is no place in this academy for a handful of serious old names. But the hundreds of talented Sith who will realize too late that being part of the Empire is worthless - them, I'll take with open arms."

LoWzPxz.png

A shudder rang over her spine, before a wash of the force warmed her against the sudden chill.

She had met the man that was now the emperor of her Empire. Once, at the very start of it all. She remembered the way his energy made her heart race. Heavy, dark, corrupted. He had flaunted his strength and worn it like armor. Standing before him had been a test of courage like no other for Aradia at the time.

Before the wars, before her death. Before the darkness that flowed through her like blood.

For a moment, just a sentence, she caught a wiff of that same something from Ashin. While so little of the conversation was about the woman's wife, Aradia's attention lingered on the words that had been spoken.

"...My master- .... Kaalia,"
she corrected, a slight grimace to her thin-pressed lips. "Once told me that I need to find my reason. That power just for power is ... destructive. That no one, not even you, could truly ascend and remain themselves without a purpose. ... I've started to see that now. In those above me. ... Those that have controlled it and those that are its slave."

Her thoughts flowed choppily. She looked up to Ashin and said them all the same, a sharpness to the gaze that tried to cut through the woman and dissect her where she stood.

"So what's yours?"

Last edited:

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

" Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos was entirely right. I'd imagine she was teaching you the core truth of the Sith tradition - something many emperors have kept hidden from their cannon fodder. When the Sith Code speaks of victory and breaking chains, it's talking about overcoming absolutely everything that stands between you and what you want most.

"You're aware, of course, that until recently my overriding goal was to resurrect my wife. I paid terrible prices for that. I broke every chain that mattered-" She tapped her heart and her temple. "-in here, and all the external ones too. Finding your truest purpose goes hand in hand with the power of commitment.

"I built this place as a tool to further my quest in all sorts of ways, direct and indirect. Now that I've succeeded, it serves another purpose. This academy, like no other, demands commitment to yourself. It demands you find your why and cut away all the nonsense - the ambitions and actions you've been taught you should pursue, the expectations. This place can help you clarify your goal and equip your mind to achieve it. And now that I've achieved mine, this place is helping me clarify what comes next."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

sqbCRzi.gif

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A beat.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

She smiled thinly.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Purged."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"The Empire

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A shudder rang over her spine, before a wash of the force warmed her against the sudden chill.

She had met the man that was now the emperor of her Empire. Once, at the very start of it all. She remembered the way his energy made her heart race. Heavy, dark, corrupted. He had flaunted his strength and worn it like armor. Standing before him had been a test of courage like no other for Aradia at the time.

Before the wars, before her death. Before the darkness that flowed through her like blood.

For a moment, just a sentence, she caught a wiff of that same something from Ashin. While so little of the conversation was about the woman's wife, Aradia's attention lingered on the words that had been spoken.

"...My master- .... Kaalia," she corrected, a slight grimace to her thin-pressed lips. "Once told me that I need to find my reason. That power just for power is ... destructive. That no one, not even you, could truly ascend and remain themselves without a purpose. ... I've started to see that now. In those above me. ... Those that have controlled it and those that are its slave."

Her thoughts flowed choppily. She looked up to Ashin and said them all the same, a sharpness to the gaze that tried to cut through the woman and dissect her where she stood.

"So what's yours?"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

" Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos was entirely right. I'd imagine she was teaching you the core truth of the Sith tradition - something many emperors have kept hidden from their cannon fodder. When the Sith Code speaks of victory and breaking chains, it's talking about overcoming absolutely everything that stands between you and what you want most.

"You're aware, of course, that until recently my overriding goal was to resurrect my wife. I paid terrible prices for that. I broke every chain that mattered-" She tapped her heart and her temple. "-in here, and all the external ones too. Finding your truest purpose goes hand in hand with the power of commitment.

"I built this place as a tool to further my quest in all sorts of ways, direct and indirect. Now that I've succeeded, it serves another purpose. This academy, like no other, demands commitment to yourself. It demands you find your why and cut away all the nonsense - the ambitions and actions you've been taught you should pursue, the expectations. This place can help you clarify your goal and equip your mind to achieve it. And now that I've achieved mine, this place is helping me clarify what comes next."

LoWzPxz.png

It was strange to hear that Ashin didn't have a real answer. Aradia had often thought she felt so... lost because of her ranking. Maybe if she worked harder, achieved Knight for real, the hole in her chest would suddenly make sense. Her superiors always seemed to have their chit straight. She hadn't fathomed that a Sith Lord's life could be in just as much flux as her own.

That was better, she guessed, than learning of any number of undesirable plans.

"...I think you should care more about letting Ninn fall to the hands of the Empire than you've considered, then." Her words were careful, the girl aware of the chasm of steam on either side of her.

"See, I care about preservation, and I promise you-- losing front anywhere to them is bad for us all. I will help you, because your success is just as vital to me as the Empire's, but I am asking you to consider that just maybe ... your anger with the Empire leaves you vulnerable. Because unless you're confident in your Warlord's ability to outlast the united front of two nations-- You are resigning yourself to unpredictable loses.

"Hate them. Fine. But be smart about it-- use them. They're a source of power. You've manipulated Empires. I think we could figure something out."

Last edited:

sKUkSNG.png

Victory through Annihilation
[ Theme ]
WECMmgL.png

| Location | Ninn​
| Purpose | War​
Sith Imperial Legionnaires marched and took to the battlefield as they engaged the Warlord's forces, soldier against soldier, Sith against Sith in a bloody skirmish of differing ideals and beliefs. Bellum's current host marched with the rank and file as they established themselves into a spearhead formation to push the entrenched and embattled positions held by the Warlords of the Sith, blaster fire racing back and forth as the Sith Legionnaires advanced unflinching. Bellum simply walked through the storm of hellfire and dust through his host, who had now been turned into a mindless puppet, much like a battle droid, simply observing through their eyes and collecting information for future use; even lowly pawns held some use, giving light to where the Sith Empire had been mobilizing their troops.​
As Sith Imperial forces began to advance and encircle Warlord positions an officer near Bellum would shout out, " Slaughter these damned heretics! For the Sith Emp- " A blaster bolt would cut the officer's orders short as a smouldering hole was blasted through the man's skull, causing them to drop to their knees like a sack of bricks before collapsing forward. Sith Imperial troopers would pause as they turned to see the fallen officer, and above them Bellum's host holding up the blaster that promptly ended their life, their voice speaking in a monotonous tone, " I've heard enough of this long-winded nonsense... " One of the troopers raised their hand up to their helmet as they threw it off and shouted, " Kaiten! What the kark are you doing? "​
A Legionnaire raised their blaster, promptly firing a blaster bolt at Bellum's host as a field execution. The blaster bolt would strike their helmet as it glanced off, shattering and revealing the face beneath. Rather than seeing a young woman in her prime, the sight that the soldiers saw in that moment sent shivers down their spines; a husk of a once-living being having been drained in its entirety, having been turned into a hollow shell as empty words echoed out, " There is no heresy amongst the Sith... Only those strong and worthy enough to claim its power and bend those to serve beneath its heel in complete domination. " The host would drop their blaster rifle as they raised their arms up, Legionnaires looking at one another in uneasiness, unsure what to do. " There is only my will and death, "​
With that the host would swiftly swipe at the air as they were promptly perforated by a torrent of blaster bolts. Before the body even had a chance to hit the ground, a multitude of rifts tore open from the fabric of space around the Legionnaires. Several had armored hands extend from them as they were choked from behind, having vibroknives sunk into their necks between their helmets and chest plates. Dozens of armored figures came flying out of the rifts made with jetpacks, shoulder bashing Legionnaires to the ground, pinning them down with armored boots before firing controlled bursts into their chests to promptly execute them as more and more soldiers began to emerge, armors stained in dried blood - the 13th Umbral Legion had arrived.​
The seasoned commandos began converging around the fallen host after having dispatched the present Legionnaires. The area above the body began to twist and distort as if a swirl of shadows was entangling in itself before taking shape. the figure of Bellum appearing before the Umbral Legion as they had been tied to him with pacts sworn in oath and blood. Even in death they remained strongly connected to their lord and commander. Bellum gave them a simple command,​
" Kill them. Remind them of their weaknesses and failures. "​

m6wyrLV.png

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Ashin nodded slowly, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"In the spirit of intellectual honesty I agree that my hatred of the Sith Empire is a cognitive bias. Well done. That said, let's reexamine some of the assumptions behind your argument.

"I don't believe the Warlords of the Sith can stand alone against the full united strength of the New Order and the Alliance. Three points.

"First, they've given their all to this war for a long few years. Overreach and fatigue aren't certainties, but they're certainly possibilities.

"Second, I am far, far more invested in hurting the New Order than in the Warlords' triumph.

"Third, Ninn isn't the only strategic choke point right now. Important, yes - important enough that I understand why the Empire challenged us - but look here."

The lightning map sprang to life again, a crackling galaxy. Hues and brightness shifted as the New Order struck into the Empire's heart, straight for the Lords of the Sith, the Sith Eternal - the Worm's followers.

"I have prophets on the payroll, good ones. This is a probable next step. At one blow, the Empire loses almost two thirds of its territory. Does that make the potential loss of Ziost and Tiss'sharl less crippling? No - but these worlds and Ninn wouldn't be so crucial if the Empire hadn't allowed the Worm Emperor's followers to squat on Korriban unchallenged.

"But let's say the future rests on Ninn. The Empire's staggering might is arrayed against the Warlords - or so we anticipated. If Ninn is so crucial-"

The guillotine snapped shut on the map. All the Empire's territory west of Ziost went dark.

"-then why am I hearing reports that the Empire's presence at Ninn has slackened off drastically? Where did all the Dark Lords go?"

The lightning map grounded out again. Ashin relaxed.

"Here's what I think happened. The Empire's leadership thought this would be easy. When it became clear that we could stand up to them, they lost interest. And that tells me one absolutely crucial thing.

"They don't much care about Ninn's strategic position, regardless of whether they should. What they cared about was punching down: a short victorious war to bolster morale. To put on a fresh coat of paint. So that when the same handful of powerful people move to their next imperial project in a year or five, they'll still have their followers. They don't care about the Empire; they don't care about hurting the New Order; they're just shoring up transferable power bases. Choosing not to follow through at Ninn is the writing on the wall. The war is all but over. And by the time you finally get off the sinking ship, the Empire's leaders will already be on comfortable yachts.

"Yes, I hate. But I don't hate blindly."

LoWzPxz.png

Last edited:
The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

EQUIPMENT: Armor - X | Main-Hand Lightsaber - X | Off-Hand Lightsaber - X | Right Arm - X
OBJECTIVE 1: THE NINN KAGGATH
Primary RP Opponent: Telis Taharin
Secondary RP Opponent: Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
Overarching Opponents: TSE | Respective Allies
Overarching Allies: WotS | Respective Allies
NPC Allies: Sith Battle Chapter
Posting_Banner_v2.png
The twin crimson blades carved through the semi-armored flesh of the false Sith who lunged at the Devil with buzzing arc aimed for his chest, adding to the three others who had attempted similar attacks. One more tried a different approach, using the Force to bound into the air and attempt to leap and rotate over her assailant for a descending vertical slice. It was a quick maneuver, but an equally quick counter-clockwise turn on his heels mixed with a powerful deflection with the Devil's off-hand saw the Sith's attack fail. The impact of the deflection knocked her own crimson saber off-kilter to the left and the shockwaves that remained topped her balance as her feet touched the ground.

Slipping forward from this worsened poise, the Sith let out a yelp of surprise as she lunged a hand forward to brace her fall. She managed this, only to have the Devil's fuming main-handed saber pierce her back and through her heart. Yet another to fall in service to a false idea that took more than it gave. Of course, this is what the Dark Side was wont to do, but this was a fall in service to something that was not himself. A fall to something in service to an idea that was lesser than Kascalion Giedfield's. And so, the woman died, and those around her died when they left those shuttles initially unassailed, as ordered by Kascalion to his Lord Chapter Commander, Grodvid. And they died gruesome deaths at the hands of the Devil and his own Warlords who fought still in this Rynn’s Hollow, and the former would have enjoyed dealing out more immediately after the woman's blood ran cold in her body.

However, the combat between the Devil and the Empire's false idols who attempted this bout between the Dark Side and itself seemed to come to a screeching halt. Frozen eyes shot forth from the fray beyond the hangar of the spaceport, down many winding halls of rust and age before...locking onto someone in the distance, approaching with an old man's pace yet reeking of such evil that made even Kascalion calm his own heart to admire. Their visage was drenched in this Dark Sided sin like tar and called to the High Lord. The Man answered with an invisible, fleshless grin and marched forward from the hangar into that series of winding hallways, intent on finding this beacon of darkness and either destroy them or make them submit.

Imagine his surprise when he came upon Darth Solipsis of the Brotherhood of the Maw. An old, bone-cracking, shamblingly feeble man, yet one who undeniably held the Dark Side in his hands at such debased, mighty quantities. Such dominance really. And it was the Devil's impression that on this day, the Brotherhood and the Warlords would have stayed out of each other's business and chosen to not even go near each other. Any attempt to peer into the blackthorn heart of the man only revealed the malice already there, as well as the fact that Solipsis had been drawn here, but the mechanism behind this operation was, of course, hidden. So why had the man come here directly into the battlefield where the High Lords of the Warlords had made their hill? A question the Devil sought to ask and receive an answer to.

The voice that snapped from his throat between his fleshless jaws was as gruff and torn as usual, with the necessary hints of curiosity for the situation along with a lacing of mistrust. The knowledge that the Dark Siders of the Galaxy were always shifting in their wants and that one such as Solipsis was certainly not to be trusted. So he asked, with all of that in context: "Solipsis, have you come to bend the knee, or are you here of a more personal desire? Perhaps to aid in my slaughter of these foolish younglings who think themselves Gods like me."

ChVAW7n.png

20201224_222559.png

Objective 3: ok i fight Devil
Tags: Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield
Allies: WoTS

Decrepit fingers ran along the edges of his headdress, brushing against the cold steel lightly until feeling along the defining divits on each side that resembled buttons. Pressing down on the buttons, the headpiece released the masked veil that hid away the Dark Voice's intimate features and slowly removed the entirety of the crown that he bore with the title of 'Voice of the Maw'. With casual disregard the Sith Master tossed it aside and revealed himself for what he truly was, abandoning the facade, abandoning the mere role he played as mouthpiece of the Brotherhood's deities. There was no point in hiding it, the Devil was in the details and Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield had already called him out by his Sith name, his true identity.

The masked veil settled against the dust and rusted debris that lined the winding hall, at each end a bastion of darkness stood in opposition of the other. The air was cold and unforgiving, an aura of dread piercing the senses of any who could touch upon such a dark feeling that massed between the two signatures like a wicked miasma radiating forth. The Elder listened as the Dread Lord questioned him with fleshless jaws and curiosity on the mind, he stood against the stoic backdrop coldly in study against the imposing form of the Dark Sovereign and answered in kind, "Kascalion Giedfield." Both hands slid to grasp hold of his walking stick as his fiery gaze locked with the emotionless haunting features of the Devil himself. "I've come on my own accord with two Children of the Maw to bring death to the false Sith for their continued heresy. You called, I've come."

A slight chuckle escaped his lips, he briefly shifted his gaze to his walking aid as he squeezed down on it and looked back in defiance, "Bend a knee? Hardly appropriate for one such as I, I am the mouthpiece of the Maw and the rising fire of the West, but first and foremost.." A snap pierced the sound barrier between the two Sith Lords as the walking stick crackled and crumbled within his grasp. The center shattered away, fragments falling to the ground as a single hidden objects slid into view from the remnants into the grasp of the Dark Voice. It fell within his palm as his fingers wrapped delicately around it's dimensions. A crimson blade ignited from the Yorik coral hilt of the Sith Lightsaber, his mouth forming a wicked grin spreading from ear to ear.

".. I am Darth Solipsis, and I will show you the meaning of a true Sith Master. Come let us test your mettle and see if the stories hold merit."

Objective: 2
Allies: Apkari
Enemies: UX-0626 UX-0626

While trying to assess the situation, figuring out a plan of sorts. The trooper told him one simple objective. To survive. At first, the simple-minded Gungan thought that would be nothing more than an easy task to accomplish. Even as the trooper directed him closer inside. It had seemed to be an eerie quiet at first. Until he heard the door being breached. It had seemed the enemy forces had tracked them down. The only words that came out of Gungan's mouth even as his hands were shaking. "Okidae Mesa can survive... Yousa can count on that." He said trying his best to hide the fear that started to swell inside him.

He jumped with the grenades started to fly, yelling out.
"Big Boomers!!! Oh No!!!" He said as he tried to get away from the first before Apkari tossed it right back in the direction that it was thrown in. The next that came flying hit the back of the armory, the loud noise caused a ringing sound within Zinn Zinn's ears. As if they felt like they were being popped. He stumbled for a bit disoriented. "Oh nos... Mesa's head thoughts all wobbly wobbly oh..." He said as he kept slapping at his ears from the sonic explosion. Trying to regain some balance and his own hearing.

When the troops started to flood into the tiny hold they were trapped in. Apkari yelled out that Zinn Zinn needed to help repel them, and so he said.
"Yousa got it, big boss solider..." He said trying to hide his doubt and his fear, and when the firing started to go down. He tried to narrowly avoid it. Moving in what seemed like a dance. A strange and funny clown dance to say the least. To the enemy it seemed like he was a ridiculous fool. Maybe that was the idea.

"Mesa not running away, not running away!" He said to himself to try and get rid of his fear. That was until a blaster bolt hit his ear. He screamed loudly. "Owww.... Kark!!! Yousa shots my bombad ear!!! Yousa fuckings dead!!" And like with that saying on every encounter he had, he looked at them with determination in his eyes. Getting in front of his allies, his vibroblade raised up. First, he moved with deadly speed, striking at several enemy troopers. The one afraid Gungan, now consumed by burning rage as he decapitated one, and with an insane roar, he pushed several of them out of the opening with a powerful force push! "Cmon wesa can do this!!!" He said to Apkari and the rest of the men trying to lead them into the open rather than be trapped within the armory and to face whoever was directing the attack.

sKUkSNG.png

WE HAVE A NAME
OUTER RIM | NINN | OBJ III
SAVE YOURSELF

370d9lz.png
The Jedi adjusted everything about him once he leaped from her touch. Aggression diffused into something more cooperative and disarming, and a flicker of joy licked through her psyche. The mastery of her utilization was clear in the reactions everyone gave her. The host had been known and loved, enough to put a pause on their actions and plead instead of fight. At this rate, all Shursia had to do was wander back to Coruscant and claw her way through the Jedi temple to eliminate them. To eliminate the Jedi threat to The Empire. This sentiment was reinforced by the gentle thrums of the weapon in her grip.

Emotions pulsed in her palm, transmitting through the black webbing of the parasite to the host. The connections took a few seconds for the signal to propagate from her hand to her eyes, into their visual neocortex that observed the gentleness of Aaran’s approach. The pain that pulled at his face, that coloured his emotions on her visual spectrum, matched the saturation from the hilt of his weapon. She tightened her grip on the sword, absorbing all it had to feed her. There was strength to be found in another’s hurt; knowing she was responsible for that inner tumult.

"Loske...."
"Oh Loske. What happened to you?"
"Talk to me Loske."

The name was like a dagger, twisting against her muscles and sinew each time she heard it. Loske. Loske. Loske. It irritated her to be seen like that, only a thing of the past. A remnant of memory that couldn’t be respected –– why was her metamorphosis so incomprehensible? Why could nobody see her for the potential she had now?

It made her furious.

Seize the anger, and you will know power.

She wanted to lash out, but that pain would be temporary. A physical strike would leave a scar, but she wanted to hurt him more. To give him enough conversation to wound the Peacekeeper deeper than his tissues. That was power.

“She’s dead.” Shursia spoke quickly, the words like steel. Loske had been sacrificed on Generis to keep them alive. Only residuals of her unique powers remained in this mental reality she’d constructed for herself, the world architected by Arcanix.

Her hands stretched out, strings of ink rolling from her arms and around the ground and the space between her fingertips and his. Let him get a touch of what consumed her, the darkness she was constantly cloaked in. To appreciate the radicalness of the chemistry. A boastful move.

She stepped forward, a sinister grin curling at their lips. “A sacrifice necessary to become so much more.

You can’t see it?”
ALLIES | TSE |
ENEMIES
| WOTS | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Closed

JVL7KRs.png
Objective: In the Storm of Durasteel
Allies: TSE
Enemies: WotS (Apkari Zinn Zinn Bink'sa Zinn Zinn Bink'sa )

They were downed almost to a man.

The first two triads entered the armory with violent action, moving quickly in their collective attempt to take advantage of the chaos wrought by the sonic imploders. Even so, the initial breachers paid for every step in blood, allowing those behind them to enter the armory with marginally less opposition. However, the unanticipated arrival of a somewhat clumsy, yet nevertheless powerful Sith, presented a dangerous obstacle. Unfortunately, the Blackblades were too committed to call off the assault now. Too many good men and women had paid a heavy price to establish the initial opening for the rest to punch through. Now, their only option was to engage the enemy in brutal, close quarters combat.

UX-0626 was part of the fourth triad to enter the armory. As such, in realizing the threat presented by the Sith, she was prepared to engage him directly. As she entered the room with her vibroblade in hand, the strand-cast immediately focused her attention on the Sith, her energy shield flaring to life as she did. However, the Gungan’s manifestation of Force caught her almost directly in the chest. While the kinetic energy was largely diffused by her armor’s defenses, thereby protecting her internal organs from damage, she was thrown off her feet and sent towards the front corner of the room as more blaster fire continued to assail the entrance. Fortunately one of the nearby defensive barricades afforded her temporary cover.

Nevertheless, the strand-cast answered the Sith’s attack immediately. Taking aim at the Gungan’s upper chest, she fired off a pair of blasts from her wrist-mounted sonic stunner at the maximum setting, from six meters away, intent upon not only stunning him in order to allow more of her comrades to breach the room, but also shattering his bones and disrupting his internal organs to hopefully lethal effect. Then, 626 picked herself up from the ground, keeping her body behind the barricade for the time being as more red-armored strand-casts attempted to enter the room in the wake of her attack against the Sith.

Last edited:
Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob

sKUkSNG.png

Objective III: Shine Some Light.
Opposition: Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

The pain she could feel from Arete underwent a curious transmutation upon her admission that Loske was dead. For a moment, it intensified, burning in his chest until he thought his heart would burst, before something about the Jedi's stance shifted. For Shursia was in a unique mental state. Living in her own fantasy reality. An illusion constructed by the Lady of Secrets to twist the previously noble Jedi into a monster. It was so effective because Loske's own mental state had been destabilised, she had been exposed to careful scenarios to best set her into the path that Darth Arcanix has constructed.

But the issue with that illusion. The issues with a carefully crafted lie. Was that like every deception, it could not stand up to the truth.

And when Shursia spoke. Aaran could detect the sour note of deception in her tone. So quiet, so faint. It was nearly true. But it was still there. And it told him one thing. She was lying to herself. Granted, it was such a good lie that she believed it. But some hints, some remnants of his old friend were still there. Perhaps buried too deep for him to reach right now. But that did not matter right now.

He was going to get Quill a fruti basket. Tensions may have been tense with the Hermit right now. But the old master's invitation to study under the Order of Shasa had allowed Aaran to study their truth sensing technique. And for that, he owed the old man favor.

Through the blade. Shursia could feel it. The pain was replaced, swapped out with a cool focus. Under that icy layer was hope. A quiet, fragile thing that was swifly being tempered by determination into something much more powerful.

Faith.

Faith that his friend was still in there somewhere. Maybe he could not get her out right now. But he could lay the path for someone else to drag Loske out of the miasma that clung to her. All he had to do was make some chinks in the amour. Sow the seeds of doubt in this illusion that had been crafted around her. The tragic idea that had her believing that she was not always capable of being amazing. To cure the poison that Raaf had poured into her ears. Making her believe that she was not already something unique in the eyes of those who loved her.

With his resolve steeled instead of shattered. His eyes narrowed. But he did not pull his hand back. The tendrils that reached out were instead met with small probes of the Force. He was not allowing it to touch his bare skin. But he was inspecting it, testing it. Learning from it. Curious just how deep the bond between parasite and host went.

"So tell me then." He finally spoke, tone no longer pleading, but instead challenging. Questioning. Curious. "What do you consider to be more?" He asked, brow quirking, forcing her to confront her own delusions. Explain her reasoning and thought processes. If she was so eager to boast, then he would let her. "Do you plan on being more than Raaf's attack dog? More than someone skulking around battlefields like everyone else here?" He was calling out her uniqueness. Servant and fighter. How was this more than what she was before?

"All I see is that you are a step down from what you had before."

"But please, enlighten your old friend."

Last edited:

YwIbGvT.png

hcheOI7.png

ordo_sigil.png

S H O W S T O P P E R
NINN
RIFLE | VAMBRACES | LIGHTSABER | JETPACK
TO ENGAGE: Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze
ALLIES: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla
ZVina6u.png
"Insolent fool. I am the fallen brother. I am the living will of our people. The Hellhound of Mandalore, Khamul of Clan Kryze. How dare you insult my heritage!"

His words were seething with hate as he spoke.

"You will pay for your slanderous words!"

Jair froze in place as his word made him sweat.

What did he mean? He thought to himself. There was no way that HE, the pawn for the Sith, could be one of their own. How? The Sith had to be lying to him. He struggled to wrap his head around the thought but he dropped it quickly. Regaining his composure, he gripped his hilt with contempt and stood firm.

"Liar. A Mandalorian would not dare join the likes of the Sith." Jair said spitefully. He grit his teeth as he placed his foot backward, ready for another attack. His previous attack had held them both in a stalemate, frozen in a lightsaber clash. He needed to keep on the offensive and avoid staying still so he could continue to have the advantage.

The Sith troopers that lined up behind the Sith warrior were stuck in place. Their weapons were drawn. They stood with conviction, ready to fire at the Sith warrior's command. As a Jedi, he had been taught the Soresu lightsaber form which allowed for the defensive against blaster bolts. But he had not attempted any of the lightsaber forms in such a while. His further attacks would have to be planned if he wished to stay vigilant.

Before he was able to launch, the Sith warrior flung himself towards him with his crimson lightsaber flinging around wildly. Jair held his lightsaber in a defensive manner, but the blows were becoming too strong for him to handle. With every clash of the lightsaber, he struggled to keep his guard. Soon, his guard was lost. His lightsaber was flung to the side, and he received a giant scar across his beskar chest plate. Jair stumbled backward, and with a roll, he regained his balance. He quickly scrambled to his lightsaber and steadied himself once more. He felt the heat of the blade, but no damage was made to his person. He steadied his breathing, and with a rush, he came in with his own attack. An overhead slash, to possibly make the oppressor lose ground and real an opening.

He would prove triumphant in this battle, for his fallen brothers.

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

sqbCRzi.gif

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A beat.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

She smiled thinly.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Purged."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"The Empire

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"...My master- .... Kaalia," she corrected, a slight grimace to her thin-pressed lips. "Once told me that I need to find my reason. That power just for power is ... destructive. That no one, not even you, could truly ascend and remain themselves without a purpose. ... I've started to see that now. In those above me. ... Those that have controlled it and those that are its slave."

"So what's yours?"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

It was strange to hear that Ashin didn't have a real answer. Aradia had often thought she felt so... lost because of her ranking. Maybe if she worked harder, achieved Knight for real, the hole in her chest would suddenly make sense. Her superiors always seemed to have their chit straight. She hadn't fathomed that a Sith Lord's life could be in just as much flux as her own.

"...I think you should care more about letting Ninn fall to the hands of the Empire than you've considered, then." Her words were careful, the girl aware of the chasm of steam on either side of her.

"See, I care about preservation, and I promise you-- losing front anywhere to them is bad for us all. I will help you, because your success is just as vital to me as the Empire's, but I am asking you to consider that just maybe ... your anger with the Empire leaves you vulnerable. Because unless you're confident in your Warlord's ability to outlast the united front of two nations-- You are resigning yourself to unpredictable loses.

"Hate them. Fine. But be smart about it-- use them. They're a source of power. You've manipulated Empires. I think we could figure something out."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"In the spirit of intellectual honesty I agree that my hatred of the Sith Empire is a cognitive bias. Well done. That said, let's reexamine some of the assumptions behind your argument.

"I don't believe the Warlords of the Sith can stand alone against the full united strength of the New Order and the Alliance. Three points.

"First, they've given their all to this war for a long few years. Overreach and fatigue aren't certainties, but they're certainly possibilities.

"Second, I am far, far more invested in hurting the New Order than in the Warlords' triumph.

"Third, Ninn isn't the only strategic choke point right now. Important, yes - important enough that I understand why the Empire challenged us - but look here."

The lightning map sprang to life again, a crackling galaxy. Hues and brightness shifted as the New Order struck into the Empire's heart, straight for the Lords of the Sith, the Sith Eternal - the Worm's followers.

"I have prophets on the payroll, good ones. This is a probable next step. At one blow, the Empire loses almost two thirds of its territory. Does that make the potential loss of Ziost and Tiss'sharl less crippling? No - but these worlds and Ninn wouldn't be so crucial if the Empire hadn't allowed the Worm Emperor's followers to squat on Korriban unchallenged.

"But let's say the future rests on Ninn. The Empire's staggering might is arrayed against the Warlords - or so we anticipated. If Ninn is so crucial-"

The guillotine snapped shut on the map. All the Empire's territory west of Ziost went dark.

"-then why am I hearing reports that the Empire's presence at Ninn has slackened off drastically? Where did all the Dark Lords go?"

"Here's what I think happened. The Empire's leadership thought this would be easy. When it became clear that we could stand up to them, they lost interest. And that tells me one absolutely crucial thing.

"They don't much care about Ninn's strategic position, regardless of whether they should. What they cared about was punching down: a short victorious war to bolster morale. To put on a fresh coat of paint. So that when the same handful of powerful people move to their next imperial project in a year or five, they'll still have their followers. They don't care about the Empire; they don't care about hurting the New Order; they're just shoring up transferable power bases. Choosing not to follow through at Ninn is the writing on the wall. The war is all but over. And by the time you finally get off the sinking ship, the Empire's leaders will already be on comfortable yachts.

LoWzPxz.png

Aradia's shoulders slowly dropped, disheartened by the picture painted out across the air.

She felt horribly lost in that moment. It had always been Kaalia she had gone to for direction, back when the woman had resembled something closer to Ashin than a holoflick mother. Aradia shouldn't be having to wade through this alone-- Darth Avacyn was meant to be by her side, instructing her.

Protecting her.

As much as she believed Ashin wouldn't harm her for her allegiances she wasn't stupid. When chit hit the fan, the Sith Lord would put herself first. Just like the Empire. It wasn't a slight, it just was. Kaalia had once spoken to her about the factors that should define her loyalty, but Aradia hadn't expected to need to juggle that topic on her own so soon.

Her nostrils flared, failing to cap her anger. The fires well below their feet grew hotter. Waves of steam billowed up between them.

"One time." she told the woman, tearing her gaze off the force-fueled map. "One call, one infiltration-- one whatever your Warlords need to pull ahead of those imperial imps. We'll go from there." Aradia shifted warily, unsure if it was the right decision but committing to it anyway.

"On one condition."

Last edited:

YwIbGvT.png

hcheOI7.png
// Outer Rim Territories // Corporate Sector // Ninn System //
Engaging the Sith; Surviving the Assassin.
Objective: Sow the Seeds of Discord; Slaughter Sith; Claim Vengeance.
Equipment: See Signature Link.

v2LZzed.png
It was always entertaining to see a Jedi’s reaction to the Mandalorian’s particle weaponry. By traditional standards, those very same bolts issued from his pistols should’ve been reflected back, striking Rynn if the man didn’t move. In the past, there were times that even the most battle-hardened soldiers were struck down by their own weapons. Either because they believed that there was no chance in hell that an enemy sorcerer could reflect their firepower or that they could dodge any reflected bolts. Sadly, such an eventuality was commonplace throughout the ages. But, because the number of enemy sorcerers was so few and far between - blasters still proved to be the most effective weapon on the battlefield.

That was, until now, of course. With more of a focus on protecting oneself with energy shielding, armoured plating, and exotic items - conventional blasters couldn’t cut it anymore. Thus, something had to be made to counteract the rampant technological advances in various protective measures. Enter particle beam weaponry. It was still plasmatic-based like conventional blasters, but the intermix ratio between power and Tibanna gas was unbalanced. More power was drawn from an energy source and amplified by the injection of Tibanna, making an unstable bolt that would essentially burst once the magnetic sheathe encountered resistance.

This meant that the particle bolt virtually burst on contact. Either bathing a sabre-wielding Jedi in superheated plasma or denying the various advancements in energy shielding technology the ability to absorb the energy or reflect it back - in the case of Xythan shielding. Which, in turn, resulted in a surprising faceful for anyone caught on the wrong end of those energy weapons. Sadly, despite the advancements - any hardened armour plating was more than enough to safeguard the person beneath, which is precisely what happened with the Sith Duelist arrayed before him. The unleashed plasma caressed the Sith’s armoured frame, leaving its surface marred with carbon-scoring.

What happened afterwards, well, that was to be expected. The Sith Duelist sidestepped the Mandalorian’s latest barrage - only to spring forward and close the gap. The combination of the heavy armour plating, with what was undoubtedly Force-enriched musculature, sent the figure forward at blistering speeds. There was little time to react, lest the Rally Master wished to count himself among the ever-growing tally of corpses carpeting the surface of Ninn. Thus, in the blink of an eye, the suit’s autonomous functions came to life to assist the young Vizsla in this dire moment of life and death.

A synthetic weave of artificial muscles blended together with a mass of electro-reactive fibres sprung to life. They augmented the Mandalorian’s muscles - giving him the power he needed to react accordingly. There were only a few options forward for the Rally Master to take, especially when his assailant sought to close the gap. Either Rynn could dodge to the side and still be within striking distance of the Sith Duelist, but - he would avoid the skewering blow in its entirety. While that was a good choice, the warrior needed to maintain his distance. The armour he wore was reinforced with micronized beskar, but it wouldn’t be enough to keep him safe in a long-term engagement.

So, his only option forward was to lean backwards and jump. Rynn couldn’t be sure if his opponent’s forward momentum would carry the Duelist onwards, essentially delaying his death momentarily. But, it was then that the most unexpected thing occurred. From the peripherals of his visor’s vision, a blade manifested from thin air - swinging upwards. The blow would’ve been a decapitating strike through the combination of momentum and direction of the sword. Yet, because of the nature revolving around the Force, the Sith Duelist sensed the danger approaching and halted his momentum. There would be no skewering blow this day.

Instead, the crimson sabre rose upwards to defend the Duelist from the decapitating blow. As the sabre clashed against the vibrosword, a feminine figure clad from head-to-toe in strange fabrics manifested out of thin air. An act that baffled the sensors of the artificial intelligence embedded within the armour’s systems and the Mandalorian beneath. But, as the initial shock faded away, Rynn found himself unable to identify who they were - their features were masqued in shadow. While the Rally Master wasn’t attuned to the midichlorians in his bloodstream, as others on the surface of Ninn were, it really wasn’t difficult to discern who someone was when they only sought to shroud their presence in the Force. Provided they revealed their face, that was.

As they refused to pull back the veil, the masqued assassin's identity remained a secret. But, Rynn didn’t really care who the manifesting figure was. They were nothing more than an enemy who stood in his way, and their name would be long-forgotten after their corpse grew cold. But, such as things were, that didn’t make this woman any less dangerous. After her decapitating blow was parried, the would-be assassin elected to strike the Mandalorian as his feet once again kissed the ground. With the man regaining his footing - there was no way that he could dodge the coming blow, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t mitigate it.

The blow that came for his inner thigh was more of a riposte than the sweeping decapitating strike meant for the Sith Duelist. With the way he landed, the tip of the vibrosword was intent on cleaving its way through his armour - and the supple flesh beneath. It would’ve buried itself in an artery and forced the Mandalorian to endure a painfully slow and agonizing death as he bled out within his armoured shell. But, Rynn didn’t wish to die this day. Instead, the Mandalorian slid his right foot backwards and pivoted his left leg - just enough to bring a crimson cuissard* around to intercept the potentially lethal blow.

The blade’s envenomed tip managed to bury itself in the reinforced armour plating but wasn’t able to breach through to the padding and the naked flesh beneath. The force of the blow caused his footing to buckle, but it wasn’t enough to throw him off balance. The kinetic impact between the unstoppable force and the immovable object was enough to give the Rally Master strength needed to drive his right first, pistol and all, forward. Because of the reach bequeathed by the outstretched sword, the blow wouldn’t connect - but that wasn’t the intent. As his fist cannoned forward, Rynn twisted his wrist - presenting an active repulsor burst projector to his would-be killer’s torso.

:: Eat this, :: the Mandalorian snarled.

With a thought, the Warrior unleashed a sudden wave of artificial gravity - seeking to throw the woman off balance and back towards the Sith Duelist, who stood a few metres behind her. Rynn saw very few options for this woman, save riding the wave and recovering midair as she made her descent. But, as with her sudden appearance, who but the Force itself knew what would happen next.

~-~*~-~
*Cuissard = Thigh armour.

Last edited:

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Carefully, she said to herself. The commitment's made but this can still go sideways. Do nothing that could be misinterpreted as gloating. No wry humor, for one.

"I think I can guess. The price of you standing shoulder to shoulder with the Warlords is me fighting alongside the Empire. I sacrifice my pride for what I desire: another log on the pyre of a comprehensive revenge. And you, trapped on a sinking ship while the captain's yacht sails away - you, my dear, start building a much-needed raft. At least that's how our bargain looks from my end."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Unless I've guessed your price wrong?"

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

sqbCRzi.gif

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A beat.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

She smiled thinly.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Purged."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"The Empire

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"So what's yours?"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia's shoulders slowly dropped, disheartened by the picture painted out across the air.

She felt horribly lost in that moment. It had always been Kaalia she had gone to for direction, back when the woman had resembled something closer to Ashin than a holoflick mother. Aradia shouldn't be having to wade through this alone-- Darth Avacyn was meant to be by her side, instructing her.

Protecting her.

As much as she believed Ashin wouldn't harm her for her allegiances she wasn't stupid. When chit hit the fan, the Sith Lord would put herself first. Just like the Empire. It wasn't a slight, it just was. Kaalia had once spoken to her about the factors that should define her loyalty, but Aradia hadn't expected to need to juggle that topic on her own so soon.

The fires well below their feet flared, sending waves of billowing steam between them. Her nostrils flared, failing to cap her anger.

"One time." she told the woman, tearing her gaze off the force-fueled map. "One call, one infiltration-- one whatever your Warlords need to pull ahead of those imperial imps. We'll go from there." Aradia shifted warily, unsure if it was the right decision but committing to it anyway.

"On one condition."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Carefully, she said to herself. The commitment's made but this can still go sideways. Do nothing that could be misinterpreted as gloating. No wry humor, for one.

"I think I can guess. The price of you standing shoulder to shoulder with the Warlords is me fighting alongside the Empire. I sacrifice my pride for what I desire: another log on the pyre of a comprehensive revenge. And you, trapped on a sinking ship while the captain's yacht sails away - you, my dear, start building a much-needed raft. At least that's how our bargain looks from my end."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Unless I've guessed your price wrong?"

LoWzPxz.png

Red cheeks and a sly grin answered for her, Ashin's guess bringing about a bout of embarrassment.

"Well that and... teach me how to do that map," she responded, breaking the moment with humor of her own.

"That isn't all I can offer, though." She hesitated, then continued, her smile melting away."The Imperials do not slow, but I- I think I found a way to weaken them. Permanently. It's just..." She rubbed at her face, text appearing under her eyelids in a disorienting haze. They whispered to her in foreign tones, tugging at her attention.

"Beyond me." She shook her head, hard, before refocusing back on the Sith Lord before her.

"I will give you what I've found. Help me execute it when I'm ready and I'll transcribe it all for you on paper. ...Or holopads. It's a raft. For both of us. ... I hope. "

Last edited:

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Picking up on humanity in general had never been Ashin's strong suit, but the shift in Aradia's demeanor set off a bell. It almost - almost - made her think possession.

"I think you'd better stop being cryptic about whatever ritual or vision or passenger is hiding in there. If it could bring pain to the New Order, let's hear it. There's nowhere better to actualize a little hell."

She permitted herself a flicker of sapient warmth. Aradia had earned it.

"As for the map, ask me again in a decade."

LoWzPxz.png

sKUkSNG.png

Objective 2

Engaging: Jair Ordo Jair Ordo

Posting_Banner.png

The Mandalorian was taken aback by Khamul's words, accusing him of being a liar. Khamul couldn't blame him. The Mandalorians had no love for the Sith, and had found themselves at odds with them on many occasions. It was probably difficult for this stranger to wrap his head around Khamul's path. It mattered not. Khamul desired power, and he would not be denied.

"Oh, but I am a Mandalorian, and I seek to bring our people back to their former glory. We have strayed too far from our glorious history, and I aim to remedy that. Is it so wrong to want to return our people to a better life? Besides, you talk about the Sith, when you clearly have poisoned yourself with the teachings of the Jedi."

Their lightsabers clashed numerous times, until Khamul finally managed to break Jair's guard. As the lightsaber fell to his side, Khamul cut across his chest, plasma searing into the beskar of his enemy. It didn't manage to fully penetrate the armor, but it left enough of an impression to remind his enemy who he was dealing with. Khamul watched as the stranger grabbed the lightsaber, waiting for his next move. As the Mandalorian brought the lightsaber down, Khamul dashed to the side, moving out of the path of the blade.

Upon dodging the strike, Khamul noticed another Mandalorian flying in to support the stranger, taking shots at Khamul while descending via jetpack. Khamul parried the blaster bolts, sending the last one into the jetpack of the descending Mandalorian, causing it to explode. Bits of beskar and body littered the ground around them as he scoffed.

Filthy insect...

His attention went back to his primary opponent as he spoke.

"You do possess some skill. Unrefined, but there is potential."

He assumed his efforts to reason with the Mandalorian would bear no fruit, but he couldn't help but to make the attempt. He knew that he wasn't the only one of his people that could wield the Force, but he hadn't encountered any in his travels. There was a part of him that wanted to bring this individual into the fold. If Khamul could garner his support, then there would be a modicum of hope for his people. Khamul would need their support eventually, and he had to start somewhere.

"I could show you a path to greater strength. Together, we could return our people to our old power. We could make the Mandalorians feared across to the galaxy. We could crush the Imperials and bring honor back to our home. All you have to do is say yes."

He took another swing at the stranger, aiming for his leg. He would see victory in this fight, either by kill or conversion. In the end, either was acceptable.

Posting_Banner.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom