Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion The Ninn Kaggath | Rebellion of Ninn | WotS vs TSE

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
sKUkSNG.png
Objective II.: IN THE STORM OF DURASTEEL
Equipment: 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | The Soulsabers | Heilagr MK. I Assassin Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Writing with: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla | Romund Sro Romund Sro
dRUm20K.png

It is true that it also revealed much about the two men that she was just watching them; at first the Mandalorians seemed to be the better warrior, but the Sith was not far behind him either. They both seemed worthy opponents. What she was waiting for the melee to start had really happened, so she also intervened in the fight. Since her opponents seemed like good fighters, she didn’t even hope her attacks would be successful now.

The blade toward the Sith was stopped by one of the red blades; so the man fights with dual-wield. Just like Ingrid. The other blade that attacked the Mandalorian reached the armor and scratched it. But since this was more difficult to attack due to the position of the surface, so the blade only hurt the armor, but did not get lower, it no longer touched the skin. That's enough for the gun to cause pain because of the poison; and at that time it was not even mentioned what effects it had on getting into the bloodstream.

But now it was time for the Mandalorians to attack back. Since they were very close to each other, it was impossible to completely dodge the attack; however, all the woman was able to do was turn so that the attack did not hit her completely. So it only hit her side, but even that threw the woman and she fell / flew closer (actually pushed) towards the Sith. Luckily, her reflexes were good enough so she could still position her own sword to fit between the Sith and herself.

With this she tried to avoid her slamming and falling on the lightsaber. Used the Force (including telekinetics) to regain her balance and push herself a few steps away from the two men. Once she has managed to do this, she takes up a defensive position, holding both swords in front of her. The woman has not attacked again yet; just wondered how the image of the duel would transform with her appearance.

//OOC: I mentioned to Ryan that Ingrid’s hair and face are not visible because she is in an armor / helmet covering both her full body and head. ^^//
lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Sith_Warlords_New_Crest.png

Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla
Equipment: Lightweight/thin Titanium Armor | Two (red) Imperial Knight Lightsabers

Athiss_Hord_Banner.png

Romund, once he felt the newcomer retract her vibrating sword from his guard he stepped back some. Flicking the red saber out in front of him as well. Under his helmet his one unobstructed eye widely darted around behind his metal visor. Turning his head only a little incase there were any more foes stalking them. But he didn't sense any or see any others. But sight clearly wasn't on his side as he was sure that the new warrior appeared out of thin air.

Unsure of what this newcomer was also capable of he would continue more cautiously. Stepping back some he swore he witnessed the mando just force push the duel wielding women back at him. But he did not sense them being touched by the force. It must've been a gadget of some kind. For Romund today was just full of unpleasant surprises. As the armor clad women was knocked towards him he raised a lacking defense quickly but fortunately they moved themselves away from him a little on her own.

It would seem that for today Romund just couldn't catch a break. He angled his two identical sabers out some, one for each opponent. It seemed as thought the three of them sort of formed a triangle of hostility. An outer rim showdown of sorts. Trying to regain his composure he spoke. "I've been looking forwards to this..." He figured that since the women also went for the "Imperial Mando" as well that she must be of the Sith Empire.

Currently he didn't want to give the two of them any break time so he wanted to act fast and now. It was only fair after all, since he got into battle on this now war torn planet he didn't get any breaks, and these two seemed fresh. On one hand (almost literally) there was the mando on his right that shot at him after he lowered his defense some. He still needed to get back at him for that. But then again he felt more insulted by the other Sith's sneak attack. She was on his left.

Taking a deep breath he tried to tap into the Force, he was gonna make a little gamble with his next move. Silently with the force it used his mild potency in telekinesis to unbuckle and unstrap the metal vambrace on his right arm. Once it was loose he quickly extended his arm to the mando, using the force the best he could to launch the metal projectile at them. He didn't really aim it, or expected it to do much damage, but a metallic piece of armor coming at them like a fast pitched ball might throw them off.

After he launched his little surprise attack he turned his attention back to the Sith, using the force to augment a jump he leaped towards her, using his sabers to cover his defense as he landed. If all went according to plan he when he touched ground he took a crouched, low stance with his leg extend out some using it's positioning he would attempt to powerfully sleep her leg with his armed one and knock her down.

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
MOBILE SITH ACADEMY OF HIGHER LEARNING
DEEP SPACE
Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin | Closed​

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Thank you for joining me, Darth Daiara Darth Daiara . I'm happy we could handle this face to face."

The cavernous training room stank of smoke and cleaning chemicals. The place had a deep chill, an aura of the Dark Side. Aradia would have trained here more than once.

sqbCRzi.gif

Ashin walked up to the central platform, which was large enough for a duel all by itself. Around the platform, steam hissed up from vents fed by alchemical furnaces elsewhere. She wore the sword Jentaral at her hip - her usual daily carry, not an explicit threat or invitation to violence.

"You made the cut to stand among the knights and masters who study in this...non-denominational academy of the Dark Side. You've grown since we met at Lake Krul. And you understand, I'm sure, that my friendship with your first teacher earned you no special consideration. You are here because you deserve it.

"Sadly," she added without the slightest indication of sadness, "other than you, how many of the Zambrano dynasty's loyalists have dared to apply, let alone succeeded? The answer is three, as it happens, none of them currently studying here. At the moment you are the sole representative of the Sith Empire in this academy.

"I'm no ethicist, Aradia, but I do find value in one principle: if an action is contemptible, I generally don't do it. I would submit that the Sith Empire is not good enough for you. Its principles and practices don't deserve your loyalty. Can we discuss?"

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia stood at the edge of the room, not claiming the center of the platform with Ashin. She had no reason to mistrust the woman, even if the two empires did clash lightyears below their feet. The word friend wasn't easily given out by Kaalia, but when it was used, Aradia didn't easily forget it.

It was wise to know who might lend a hand in a world of deadly absolutes. Still, Aradia didn't approach the Sith Lord who had summoned her. The chill of the room reminded her of the secrets she held. She took in a deep breath and listened to the Ashin's address.

"I'm no ethicist, Aradia, but I do find value in one principle: if an action is contemptible, I generally don't do it. I would submit that the Sith Empire is not good enough for you. Its principles and practices don't deserve your loyalty. Can we discuss?"

Her rigid spine slowly released, her hands falling amicably at her side. "Usually it's the Jedi trying to convert me," she mused, no smile on her lips as she looked Ashin over.

A beat.

She tipped her chin and stepped onto the platform. "If I'm a loyalist though, the Empire is screwed." As Darth Pollix could contest... She grimaced and folded her arms around her front. "I'm just trying to keep the keep the Imperials back."

"It's the right thing to do."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE
Darth Daiara Darth Daiara

"Yes, I suppose it is," Ashin said. "I do have one more principle, you might say: punch up, not down. There's something deeply contemptible about the way the New Order and the Galactic Alliance have combined to crush the Sith Empire relentlessly. Not as contemptible as the Empire's many atrocities and cowardices and petty vanities, of course - but still. This war is no contest of equals. I appreciate an underdog. If not for the Empire's abject and irredeemable worthlessness I'd back it to the hilt."

She smiled thinly.

"I believe the Empire's leaders thought they were seizing the opportunity to punch down for once when they crossed us at Ninn. A planet where we, the Warlords, had just finished crushing our second consecutive New Order incursion. The Sith Empire is by no means the New Order's most committed and promising enemy.

"I won't say we're paragons of honor - but the Warlords have earned my loyalty and respect. I want that authenticity for the ones like you, the next generation doomed to die so the Zambrano cult can perpetrate its last few aimless, flailing genocides for sport."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Or--" Aradia countered, "The Empire was trying to shore up their territory to prevent the Imperials from cutting the it off at the neck."

She bit her own tongue and considered Ashin. Self-expression wasn't an easy trait for a once-was slave. The Academies certainly hadn't encouraged it either. It was one thing to open up and speak her mind, it was another to disagree with a superior.

Come to think of it, it was easier to duel a jedi than was it was to hold Ashin's gaze and elaborate further. But she did, speaking with slow intention as she explained her perspective.

"They will be back for Ziost. I haven't seen any sign of their resources showing strain, it's unnatural. They want that territory, and if they get it? The rest of the Empire falls dark. All of those worlds--

"Purged."

Her fingers tightened on her arms, her words flowing freer as passion entered her tone. "Ninn would stop that, wouldn't it? They could establish secure trade routes, move troops-- continue to fight back. Which you should want. Master, the more of us there are out there, the safer we are. They're not going to stop at the The Empire. Imagine, the full force of the Imperials and Jedi coming down on your little warlords-"

A short, pained laugh escaped her.

"There's no honor out there."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"What I should want, hmm? Understand, Aradia, there's no circumstance where I'd piss on the Sith Empire leadership if it was on fire. I hold contempt for the New Order as well, for their stupid waste and hypocrisy and most of all getting my wife killed, but the Sith Empire is who actually killed her. These are many of the same core people who served the One Sith - who turned a blind eye when their lords kidnapped and tortured Spencer. There was betrayal, both then and thirty years ago. It's all the same cadre, all the same faces, convincing the best and the brightest of each generation to waste themselves. Their best interests are not yours."

Ashin spread her hands in a disarming kind of way.

"But let's focus on what matters to you: defeating the New Imperial Order. Let's consider Ninn a microcosm of everything wrong with the Empire, and why I believe you'd find more success with us.

"The Empire
moved to take control of Ninn through economic talks - veiled pillaging to feed the war machine and the next great Zambrano palace.

"Meanwhile, our forces - the 'little Warlords,' as you put it -
defeated a major New Order incursion both groundside and in orbit. We beat them in two more engagements at Brosi just before that. I'll always remember taking and holding the Nihun Bridge as real Sith Lords drove back the Imperial Knights. In a couple of weeks, we've had more solid victories against the New Order than the Empire's past year. Why? Because the leaders you follow are clinging to their thrones for a little reprieve before they're average Sith again. And they will throw your life away for that reprieve."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Meanwhile, our forces - the 'little Warlords,' as you put it"-- Aradia grimaced, shifting her weight onto her back leg. She opted to fall silent, half absorbed with facts she hadn't known and half enticed, yes, with the news the Imperials were being beaten back.

"...I dont care about the Empire," she finally stated, her voice nearly hushed. She might not be a loyalist now, but she had been raised as one-- schooled as one. She did not find it so easy to out right disown the entity that had once made up her whole world. "I know it's flawed. I know it'd sooner step on my back to keep ahead.

"I understand how this works."

She looked around them, then stepped forward again, confiding, "They don't have my loyalty anymore. But I don't see how that changes anything. Tell me, you've seen empires fall before. What will those nations do once they've won?"

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

Ashin shook her head. "I don't know the future. I'm no prophet. I do have a good imagination. Here's what I picture."

Illusion wasn't her strong suit either. The rough galactic map that took form above them was a thing of static and sparks, controlled little webs of discharge like lightning flickering inside a thunderhead. The air grew heavy. It stank of ozone. The galaxy of lightning filled the gigantic chamber above their heads. The map took different configurations, territories marked in light and darkness and all the hues of lightning. The Warlords' territory was a sizzling red, for one.

"I imagine the New Order will overextend. Perhaps they'll clash with the Silver Jedi at Eshan or in the former Sith worlds. Perhaps those tensions will be the backdrop for wars against the Worm's faction on Korriban, or against the Warlords, or all of the above. You know far better than me that the New Order are uncompromising fascists just like most of their enemies. That forces them to push too long and too far, or risk crippling deflation once the war is ostensibly won. No matter how the next year or two shakes out, the New Order will struggle to justify its own existence. It'll lash out in hopes of rekindling old glories, but its long decline will already be in motion."

The map vanished, grounded out in the phrik walls.

"So I've joined the Warlords, not because I care about territory but because they're successfully chipping away at the New Order. The weaker and more fatigued our mutual enemies become, in any degree, the quicker their well-earned collapse."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

It all made sense. Aradia couldn't deny that Ashin had a rather thought out prediction on the path the imperials were bleeding themselves down. She didn't care for news or politics, she was naively convinced that wars could be fought off battle plans alone. It made Ashin's rendition sound that much more plausible to her inexperienced mind.

Perhaps it wasn't wise to trust the woman who would stand on the other side of the field, but she was sure that if Ashin meant her harm it would have already been committed. This was a recruitment after all.

Aradia crossed her arms, her posture relaxing as she let out a heavy breath.

"And what happens to those that don't join-- that don't believe-- that get left behind when the Empire fails. They will be left more vulnerable than ever. They will retreat here. Maybe with others. When they come knocking on these doors, what will you do?" She questioned, her voice growing hushed at the implication.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"Let's examine that future, then."

The last vestiges of the lightning map grounded out, leaving the air heavy and tense in the grand training room.

"I fully agree with you: the very loyal or stubborn will wait until the Empire's final moments to go elsewhere. If they show up at the Warlords' door and there's no personal vengeance necessary, I'm sure they can find a place and a power base with us. If they come here specifically, here to the Pomojema...well, my dear, that depends entirely on two things. Whether they can meet this academy's standards like you did, and whether they were complicit in my wife's torture and murder."

The temperature in the room dropped a dozen degrees or so. Ashin didn't notice.

"There is no place in this academy for a handful of serious old names. But the hundreds of talented Sith who will realize too late that being part of the Empire is worthless - them, I'll take with open arms."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A shudder rang over her spine, before a wash of the force warmed her against the sudden chill.

She had met the man that was now the emperor of her Empire. Once, at the very start of it all. She remembered the way his energy made her heart race. Heavy, dark, corrupted. He had flaunted his strength and worn it like armor. Standing before him had been a test of courage like no other for Aradia at the time.

Before the wars, before her death. Before the darkness that flowed through her like blood.

For a moment, just a sentence, she caught a wiff of that same something from Ashin. While so little of the conversation was about the woman's wife, Aradia's attention lingered on the words that had been spoken.

"...My master- .... Kaalia," she corrected, a slight grimace to her thin-pressed lips. "Once told me that I need to find my reason. That power just for power is ... destructive. That no one, not even you, could truly ascend and remain themselves without a purpose. ... I've started to see that now. In those above me. ... Those that have controlled it and those that are its slave."

Her thoughts flowed choppily. She looked up to Ashin and said them all the same, a sharpness to the gaze that tried to cut through the woman and dissect her where she stood.

"So what's yours?"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"Kaalia Pavanos was entirely right. I'd imagine she was teaching you the core truth of the Sith tradition - something many emperors have kept hidden from their cannon fodder. When the Sith Code speaks of victory and breaking chains, it's talking about overcoming absolutely everything that stands between you and what you want most.

"You're aware, of course, that until recently my overriding goal was to resurrect my wife. I paid terrible prices for that. I broke every chain that mattered-" She tapped her heart and her temple. "-in here, and all the external ones too. Finding your truest purpose goes hand in hand with the power of commitment.

"I built this place as a tool to further my quest in all sorts of ways, direct and indirect. Now that I've succeeded, it serves another purpose. This academy, like no other, demands commitment to yourself. It demands you find your why and cut away all the nonsense - the ambitions and actions you've been taught you should pursue, the expectations. This place can help you clarify your goal and equip your mind to achieve it. And now that I've achieved mine, this place is helping me clarify what comes next."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

It was strange to hear that Ashin didn't have a real answer. Aradia had often thought she felt so... lost because of her ranking. Maybe if she worked harder, achieved Knight for real, the hole in her chest would suddenly make sense. Her superiors always seemed to have their chit straight. She hadn't fathomed that a Sith Lord's life could be in just as much flux as her own.

That was better, she guessed, than learning of any number of undesirable plans.

"...I think you should care more about letting Ninn fall to the hands of the Empire than you've considered, then." Her words were careful, the girl aware of the chasm of steam on either side of her.

"See, I care about preservation, and I promise you-- losing front anywhere to them is bad for us all. I will help you, because your success is just as vital to me as the Empire's, but I am asking you to consider that just maybe ... your anger with the Empire leaves you vulnerable. Because unless you're confident in your Warlord's ability to outlast the united front of two nations-- You are resigning yourself to unpredictable loses.

"Hate them. Fine. But be smart about it-- use them. They're a source of power. You've manipulated Empires. I think we could figure something out."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Ashin nodded slowly, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"In the spirit of intellectual honesty I agree that my hatred of the Sith Empire is a cognitive bias. Well done. That said, let's reexamine some of the assumptions behind your argument.

"I don't believe the Warlords of the Sith can stand alone against the full united strength of the New Order and the Alliance. Three points.

"First, they've given their all to this war for a long few years. Overreach and fatigue aren't certainties, but they're certainly possibilities.

"Second, I am far, far more invested in hurting the New Order than in the Warlords' triumph.

"Third, Ninn isn't the only strategic choke point right now. Important, yes - important enough that I understand why the Empire challenged us - but look here."

The lightning map sprang to life again, a crackling galaxy. Hues and brightness shifted as the New Order struck into the Empire's heart, straight for the Lords of the Sith, the Sith Eternal - the Worm's followers.

"I have prophets on the payroll, good ones. This is a probable next step. At one blow, the Empire loses almost two thirds of its territory. Does that make the potential loss of Ziost and Tiss'sharl less crippling? No - but these worlds and Ninn wouldn't be so crucial if the Empire hadn't allowed the Worm Emperor's followers to squat on Korriban unchallenged.

"But let's say the future rests on Ninn. The Empire's staggering might is arrayed against the Warlords - or so we anticipated. If Ninn is so crucial-"

The guillotine snapped shut on the map. All the Empire's territory west of Ziost went dark.

"-then why am I hearing reports that the Empire's presence at Ninn has slackened off drastically? Where did all the Dark Lords go?"

The lightning map grounded out again. Ashin relaxed.

"Here's what I think happened. The Empire's leadership thought this would be easy. When it became clear that we could stand up to them, they lost interest. And that tells me one absolutely crucial thing.

"They don't much care about Ninn's strategic position, regardless of whether they should. What they cared about was punching down: a short victorious war to bolster morale. To put on a fresh coat of paint. So that when the same handful of powerful people move to their next imperial project in a year or five, they'll still have their followers. They don't care about the Empire; they don't care about hurting the New Order; they're just shoring up transferable power bases. Choosing not to follow through at Ninn is the writing on the wall. The war is all but over. And by the time you finally get off the sinking ship, the Empire's leaders will already be on comfortable yachts.

"Yes, I hate. But I don't hate blindly."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia's shoulders slowly dropped, disheartened by the picture painted out across the air.

She felt horribly lost in that moment. It had always been Kaalia she had gone to for direction, back when the woman had resembled something closer to Ashin than a holoflick mother. Aradia shouldn't be having to wade through this alone-- Darth Avacyn was meant to be by her side, instructing her.

Protecting her.

As much as she believed Ashin wouldn't harm her for her allegiances she wasn't stupid. When chit hit the fan, the Sith Lord would put herself first. Just like the Empire. It wasn't a slight, it just was. Kaalia had once spoken to her about the factors that should define her loyalty, but Aradia hadn't expected to need to juggle that topic on her own so soon.

The fires well below their feet flared, sending waves of billowing steam between them. Her nostrils flared, failing to cap her anger.

"One time." she told the woman, tearing her gaze off the force-fueled map. "One call, one infiltration-- one whatever your Warlords need to pull ahead of those imperial imps. We'll go from there." Aradia shifted warily, unsure if it was the right decision but committing to it anyway.

"On one condition."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Carefully, she said to herself. The commitment's made but this can still go sideways. Do nothing that could be misinterpreted as gloating. No wry humor, for one.

"I think I can guess. The price of you standing shoulder to shoulder with the Warlords is me fighting alongside the Empire. I sacrifice my pride for what I desire: another log on the pyre of a comprehensive revenge. And you, trapped on a sinking ship while the captain's yacht sails away - you, my dear, start building a much-needed raft. At least that's how our bargain looks from my end."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Unless I've guessed your price wrong?"

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Red cheeks and a sly grin answered for her, Ashin's guess bringing about a bout of embarrassment.

"Well that and... teach me how to do that map," she responded, breaking the moment with humor of her own.

"That isn't all I can offer, though." She hesitated, then continued, her smile melting away."The Imperials do not slow, but I- I think I found a way to weaken them. Permanently. It's just..." She rubbed at her face, text appearing under her eyelids in a disorienting haze. They whispered to her in foreign tones, tugging at her attention.

"Beyond me." She shook her head, hard, before refocusing back on the Sith Lord before her.

"I will give you what I've found. Help me execute it when I'm ready and I'll transcribe it all for you on paper. ...Or holopads. It's a raft. For both of us. ... I hope. "

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Picking up on humanity in general had never been Ashin's strong suit, but the shift in Aradia's demeanor set off a bell. It almost - almost - made her think possession.

"I think you'd better stop being cryptic about whatever ritual or vision or passenger is hiding in there. If it could bring pain to the New Order, let's hear it. There's nowhere better to actualize a little hell."

She permitted herself a flicker of sapient warmth. Aradia had earned it.

"As for the map, ask me again in a decade."

LoWzPxz.png

Aradia grimaced.

"I'm not trying to be coy, I just can't-" Her attention left Ashin again, her eyes slipping left and right as it followed a series of intangible concepts pressing forward. They were insistent, demanding to be recognized, but they came in a form that sat at the end of her tongue.

"Find words for it. It showed itself to me, and now it won't shut up until I listen. I'm trying."
She griped, snapping her hands back down. "But it's ancient. The more complicated symbols mean nothing to me-- pieces are missing."

She was driven into pacing as she tried.

"What I do know is it's some sort of spell. It's... dark. But affective. It stops healing. Whatever we do to their men on the field, they wouldn't be able to come back from it. It just needs something-- something I can't-"

The whispers grew harsh as they strove to be heard. Her fingers dug into her temples. Pain did little to clarify the concepts that drifted untranslated in her mind. It was maddening. She needed to complete this. Her distant gaze snapped back to Ashin, sharp.

"It's old. Maybe you'll know it."

The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

EQUIPMENT: Armor - X | Main-Hand Lightsaber - X | Off-Hand Lightsaber - X | Right Arm - X
OBJECTIVE 1: THE NINN KAGGATH
Primary RP Opponent: Telis Taharin
Secondary RP Opponent: Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
Overarching Opponents: TSE | Respective Allies
Overarching Allies: WotS | Respective Allies
NPC Allies: Sith Battle Chapter
Posting_Banner_v2.png
A minute chill of apprehension - impossible - and excitement filled his own blackthorn heart as the man standing before him removed the veil of feebleness and hobbling age. While the Devil knew that this character was most certainly something to fool the lessers into attempting an easy strike, he understood the ways of the Sith, perhaps better than anyone else. And while the Devil understood next to nothing of the Brotherhood - his knowledge extending only to those who led it - they had adopted the Dark Side just as much as any other group in the current era. And of course, at this moment, this man - this Solipsis, this Elder Evil, this creature who looked to have been born dead in a state of atrophy - was dangerous and clearly intending for a match to begin between himself and the Devil. It was humorous, in a way, that the Devil's unquenched thirst for combat would have to be sated for the time being with a man not even associated with the true enemy of this battle on Ninn.

And then the voice that came from Solpsis' throat only increased this humor that built in the blackthorn of the Devil. It was...almost as unimaginably ancient as the High Lord, coming from a place of burnt bedrocks and arcane fury. Each word, burning blunt needles piercing the threads of the Force to weave some inhumane, unholy tapestry of sin. Each punctuation, each pronunciation, a corrupted spider belched forth in the pits of a purple webbed cave intent on luring and devouring the unlucky subjects of a Hell King. Yes, to the narrative being written by the Devil, this was an antagonist worthy of several dozen chapters. A man that could shake the very foundations of the Galaxy if given the breadth to work.

It was unpropitious, then, that such a man would have the misfortune to encounter the Devil who, by his own and other accounts, was infinitely stronger than this Solipsis could ever hope to be. Yes, while the previously written could be achieved, it would only be so had he not sought out a challenge in a man who had cheated death to the point of becoming the Amortal God. A living nullifier of existence. The ignition of a crimson blade, once held within the man's walking stick, was the final piece of evidence to this fact.

But, before this inevitable combat was engaged, and before the walls of the hangar were sundered with sword and sorcery, the Devil listened with perfect clarity as the man issued the final words of his challenge,
"... I am Darth Solipsis, and I will show you the meaning of a true Sith Master. Come let us test your mettle and see if the stories hold merit."

The Devil laughed at the confidence, which he could sense was perfectly suited for a man who had stepped this far down the staircase into damnation. But he spoke no words himself. No sayings of ancient wisdom. Of dark heresies and beliefs. Nothing. He only gave the man a surprisingly respectful and curt nod, disengaging his off-hand weapon and clipping it to his belt. One blade against one blade. Master against master. The Devil adopted the opening stance of Soresu and - for but a moment - he could feel a true smile cross his face. No, not an invisible, fleshless smile of a face he no longer owned. But his actual skeletal visage reforming itself
into a grin that matched Solipsis' own. A grin that spoke all the words he did not say, beckoning this Elder Evil to take the first strike.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"'Stops healing'...well, it rings a very faint bell. Let's see what we can do. Come with me."

She took pride in the completeness of the Pomojema's resources. Among those resources were
Dreamscape headsets - open market, mass-produced. Within five minutes, she'd provided Aradia with one of them, as well as a qabbrat meditation chamber. As a student here, Aradia would have used the chambers before.

"Impose order on the flow of content if you can," Ashin said, examining the headset's video feed on a datapad. She stood near the door to give Aradia a good bit of space. "The meditation chamber will help with that. But it's more important to go along with whatever comes to you, wherever it takes you. All those ancient symbols you mentioned - let them come. You don't need to do anything other than experience what you've been experiencing. Me, I like to use these headsets to record visions and things I see by farsight, but they'll work perfectly well for your purposes. No need to fuss about how to get it all on paper or make a coherent picture of it. Just be."

LoWzPxz.png

sKUkSNG.png

WE HAVE A NAME
OUTER RIM | NINN | OBJ III
PRETTY WASTE

370d9lz.png

TLp0q3k.png

The pain that pulsed in her palm from the blade burgeoned into immeasurable grief and Shursia found delight in the reaction. It burned hot against her skin, the torture of paralyzation and inaction cutting into the part of the Jedi that felt responsible. She gloried in it, tightening her grip on the strange weapon –– until she felt it change. That pain turned into something pricklier, gritty against her flesh.

She glanced down at it, lifting the blade slightly so she might observe it. Curiously, it shared a mutual hue with the emotions felt by Aaran across from her. She pulled her second hand away from extending toward him ––the tendrils remained to attempt to wrap though, independent of her gesture–– and ran a finger down the blade. It drew blood easily, and her skin repaired itself just as quickly as it had separated. There was an undeniable link between the weapon and the Knight across from her.

Simultaneous with the shift in the Battlemaster’s emotions, her tendrils poked at an invisible barrier around the Jedi. Unable to wrap. Her chin stiffened in protest, disappointed with the active measures from the Force user, but quickly reconciled in the potential for more of a challenge. Generis had been emotional, but this would be… something more sensational to her prowess.

That swelling emotion in her grasp felt like faith, and something inside found it beautiful. Watching it in the distance like an unidentified star, sparkling against the night sky. It glimmered and glowed, and she stared too long. Rebuke riled within, and she screamed from the denial to see, her mind tightening and darkening around that star to dull it, consume and eclipse it.

They’d caught their mistake swiftly — and something vast and dangerous shifted in their heart.

"So tell me then."
"What do you consider to be more?"
"Do you plan on being more than Raaf's attack dog? More than someone skulking around battlefields like everyone else here?"
"All I see is that you are a step down from what you had before."
"But please, enlighten your old friend."

Her lips peeled back from her teeth, snarling at his suggestive tone. She stared at him, those white clouded eyes swirling in tessellated patterns that bore into the lines on his face. Like she was trying to understand what she felt about him now.

She knew him, of course, they knew him. Memories served associated with him to reinforce her will; focusing mostly on his abandonment. How he’d let her down by leaving her, and those she had loved to fight endlessly. Tirelessly. Alone. The reason they couldn’t leave.

62f756969e30edca6b6145f9e74233c7.png
"We can't leave behind everyone else who'd been at our side the whole way. We gotta finish this fight."

His leaving had been part of the reason she couldn’t. Their numbers had been too small, too intimate to abandon. Right? That’s what memory served, the selectivity of the narrative painting a gruesome reality where she’d been enslaved and captive to the wills of the machine. Where she was so.. powerless to be anything but a Pawn to The Alliance’s whims. Imprisoned to duty. Her chest tightened, anger knotting at the back of her throat.

His approach was more prideful than the reunion on Generis. Her head lowered to consider the parallels. Unfortunately, it was almost as binary as the Imperial had been. Reflecting on the past, what had been acquired and collected and built. Comparing now to then –– never now to the future. The past was dead, it had died when Loske had; that was the price of her resurrection. All that she’d been reliant on; All of those connections had been so meaningful, so solid, so anchoring –– so heavy that she couldn’t move freely. They weighed her down like burdens.

All the right parts have been meticulously broken, shattered, and strewn about so they couldn’t be collected again. It was the worst part about being so self-destructive. She was so intimate with the addictions that Raaf had exploited and told her to harness. They were so mutated and attached that she couldn’t kill them off. Couldn’t deny how real everything was now and the only thing that didn’t belong in this constructed reality was the Jedi.

“Having nothing is freeing. Connections,” a smile glinted its way across her face, black strings curling around her eyes. The blade was intimate with her rival, and she gripped at it to better understand it’s chemistry. The sting bit at her flesh as she felt through the build on a molecular level. She’d never used Art of the Small so aggressively before –– but the darkness suffusing through the planet was unignorably saturating and drove her to more malicious executions.

With the human body, she could turn its immune system in on itself. With a sword though, a weapon, the chemistry was different, but she could apply dark pressure to it,
miasmic suffusion through the build. Fear. The blade might not have fears, but she’d just seen it react in a similar way to its owner's apprehensions. How deep was their link?

Old friends made her powerless.” A cog in the machine. How much did she give him? An inch? No more than that. His words needed to die, all that doubt, all that remorse, needed to cease. She only wanted him to see and be in awe.

Shursia chuckled deep in her throat and when she lifted her eyes again, they were harder.

Motion helped, it gave a sense of progress. Progress in the direction she wanted, not this digging conversation. She leaped forward, keeping a focus on exploiting his fear with a physical reaction. Her bloodied hands clenched around the hilt of his own blade, intending to strike across his torso. At least enough to draw focus away so he might drop his force barrier.

ALLIES | TSE |
ENEMIES
| WOTS | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Closed

Last edited:

sKUkSNG.png

OBJECTIVE 1: THE NINN KAGGATH
Called Targets: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru [Open to Additional Opponents As well]
Allies In Vicinity: Sith Warlords

fHOIAXU.png

"It's my pleasure to serve the Empire."

Voyance's grin grew into a wide smile as she batted a thrust way and growled back, "Liar." She felt it. The unease, the desperation to fight, to win. Admirable in a Sith. That is exactly what being Sith was. To be Sith was to be in perpetual struggle. Struggle against your dark brothers and sisters. Against your masters. Against the Dark Side itself. The Knight switched modes and swung a monstrous strike that was fuelled by the Dark Side. Voyance had more she wanted to pull from the Knight. She crouched and lunged backwards. The Knight had considerable strength. Great power behind her attacks. It shattered the earth below, splintering it into debris and shrapnel they flew out in a plume of spraying dust. But Voyance had speed and the powers of her refined telekinesis. She leapt up and backflipped onto a piece of starfighter debris, the eye-ball cockpit of a New Imperial TIE. Landing softly she stood over the Knight and glared at her.

"Don't lie to me, Knight," Voyance said, "Your desperation to prove yourself blinds you, ashen one. So much so that you leap to bark by any command given you. A dumb blade made dull by the Master that wraps its claws around it."

Voyance pointed the tip of her mustafarian lava kyber crystal fuelled crimson saber at the Knight. It spat flecks of plasma and heat as the lava crystal rattled its energies through the rippling blade.

"Follow this path and you will only have a stunted growth," Voyance warned, "Groomed to be dog and nothing more. The true powers of the Sith and the Dark Side forever hoarded from your reach."

Voyance removed the blade and gestured to the Empire's hastily assembled assault on her Warlords, continuing, "After all it is these stunted fools who have come here to die...running from a greater foe that has already severely damaged their Empire."

"Vainglorious power will serve you little while you are chained to these bloated autocrats who profane the Way of Sith by dressing in its garbs,"
Voyance said. "Choose wisely, ashen one. Whatever they have promised. It is a lie. The same lie they used to lure and imprison me. Before I was set free."

sKUkSNG.png

OBJECTIVE 1: THE NINN KAGGATH​
Called Targets: Darth Voyance Darth Voyance
Allies In Vicinity: Sith Empire​

370d9lz.png

Oh, she was certainly lying. Alina let the turmoil bubble up. The frustration at the absentee Dark Lord and Empress. Watching Acolytes sacrificed as pawns. The Knight stood slowly from her strike. She could feel the ache in her bones. Even as strong of a body that she had now couldn't completely handle the strength she put behind her blows. And she wasn't holding back. Not against a Sith Lord. Not against this Sith Lord. Her red blade hovered on the ground as she listened.

The truth in what Voyance said filled her mind. There were many Acolytes that were trained to be nothing more than a dog of war. Tools. Weapons. Under any other Sith Lord Alina would have agreed. But Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf had done no such thing. Encouraged her hunger for knowledge, no matter what Sith organization she gained it from. Encouraged blurring the lines of allegiances to get the power she needed.

Annoyance, frustration, anger. They all leached from the Knight like a faucet. Neither hidden in the Force or on her face. Half of the truth was she truly did believe the Dark Seer. But the other half, the one that was guarded deep in her mind, already knew what she was going to do about this reality. Darth Voyance. The Warlords.

They were in the way.

Life was fading fast, all around them. The flow of Anima in the Force made it easy to feel. So many dying. So quickly. Soldiers killing soldiers because these Sith decided they were far more worthy to command the rest. Their choice fractured the Empire. Left only the young and foolish to fight in their stead. To die in their stead.

Disgust filled her mind as she reached out to the tortured flow. And for once, she tugged it. Sangnir used blood as the vessel to carry Anima to them. The part of the Force that gave life. It was the source of their inhuman power. The more Anima a Sangnir consumed, the stronger they could become. The more they could affect the world around them. Her transformation had let her finally touch upon the Force and truly feel it. Now was no different.

Fading lives were snuffed out. That was all she could manage to do at her level of strength. Take what was left of the men and women who were already going to die. She devoured them. Stole their power for her own. A temporary, fleeting thing. But as the Twi'lek spoke Alina used the pause to find a new strength.

"I was promised nothing."

Then she was gone. Not gone. Behind. The already impressive speed had been pushed to a new level as she bared down on the Sith Lord. It was something her body simply couldn't handle. Even just from that she could feel the bones in her legs starting to fracture. But they would heal. She always healed. The Lightspear carved through the air, it's wielder using the length of the weapon to put even more force behind the burning blade as she brought it down.

"And I will take everything."

ChVAW7n.png

5617631.png

Objective 3: ok i fight Devil
Tags: Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield
Allies: WoTS
Enemies: TSE

He abhorred physical combat, in his youth it was a necessity for survival. To learn the intricacies of lightsaber combat in the fires of adversity and temper one's own skill by meeting blade upon blade with another was commonplace then. It had molded him, shaped him into a powerful warrior yet he was no longer the vigorous youth he had been.

Solipsis had delved too far into the mysteries of the Force, into the bosom of the Dark Side itself over the decades passed. His strength was in the immaterial, his body withered away in equal exchange for the immense strength and command over the Force he now wielded. A small price to pay for power, the corrupting influence of Bogan gnawed away at him with each passing year and now he stood before it's champion.

How amusing.

To be defied by the embodiment of the Dark Side, the same aspect of the Force he had wielded and tamed as it's master. The Force worked in mysterious ways, aligning the paths of two titans of darkness, mortal and immortal on a collision course with destiny. The Dread Lord laughed, his haunting skeletal grin matching that of Solipsis's own in anticipation of the moment before them.

His foot slid across the rust and debris, a streak marked it's wake as he fell into a fighting stance of Form V: Djem So, blade at the ready. The moment built up, the air was thick and heavy, no a word was said as the two warriors eyed the other from across the hall. The Elder breathed in softly and exhaled, his eyes closing for but a moment as he felt the Force empower his weak frame, giving new life to his old bones.

The Dark Voice's eyes opened, he approached with a slow march, his senses reaching out like feelers as he pressed forward. Panels peeled from the very walls, the groaning sound of twisting metal filled the hall as debris flung toward the Devil with power and speed as the Elder neared.

His blade flashed, a flurry of crimson incoming as he spun and swung with ferocious intensity. He knew the intricacies of the 'ultimate defense' that was Soresu, he would keep up the assault and give him a chance to step outside his safety net where the countering efficiency of Form V would really come into play. If that didn't work, well, he had other techniques that just might.

Last edited:
Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob

sKUkSNG.png

Objective III: Shine Some Light.
Opposition: Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

"You're wrong." His voice was quiet, but there was steel behind his tone. He could still feel it, so deeply hidden it was almost impossible to perceive. But there was doubt in her. And that only caused the shard of faith in her hands to nearly sing in triumph as it found itself reassured with every word. "You're one of the strongest people I know Loske. With everything that happened, you just kept moving forward."

He would keep saying her name. She may have been convinced that the only way forward was to cut away her own past. But her old friend vehemently disagreed. There was strength in one's memories. Learning from past mistakes, growing past their flaws. Acknowledging when they messed up and vowing to do better next time. Forgiving oneself and others. Cooperating, joining, caring. All of those wonderful connections and experiences were what made life worth living.

So there was no way in hell he was going to let Raaf's poison take those connections away from Loske.

Her attempts to pour fear into the blade were as effective as if she had been in physical contact with Aaran himself. Dark miasma went to battle against the Jedi's inner light and fortitude. Fear warring with focus.And from there she would certainly notice that he was afraid. So deeply afraid of losing his friends. But not because he enjoyed the feeling they gave him.

He feared them being in pain. Not losing them. All of his friends, everyone he cared for. They could all vanish into smoke and never been seen again. But his feelings would still remain, the memories and bonds he forged, they would still have existed. What he feared instead was for Loske's pain. But that fear only empowered his drive. It broke his connection to the Force for a moment yes. But as the terror warred with determination. Faith only grew, he would not allow it to slip through his fingers. For he knew that his friend was not lost. It was deeper than the truth-seeking technique. Deeper than the Force.

Because if she was truly gone. Why did she not just kill him when she appeared? Why taunt or announce herself? She needed his validation to assure herself that the path she walked on was the right one. But all Aaran did was deny her. Refusing to give up on her. Urging her against this path.

And when she lunged forward, he stepped back, attempting to lean out of the way of the oncoming blade. But the onslaught of fear had dulled his reflexes. And while she did not carve his head from his shoulders. With one monstrous slash, the extension of his own soul sliced cleanly across his face. Right over his eyes.

Pain exploded through him. Something she could feel through the link of the blade. It wailed in protest as it was used against its other half. Blood pouring down the Battlemaster's face as his vision was stolen from him.

But he did not cry out. Simply stumbling back, his footing lost as he fell against a nearby rock. But something was wrong. While the physical pain was great, the emotional pain lacked the same purity. A curious disconnect between heart and body. Even as one hand reached to cover his damaged eyes. Blood leaking through the gaps of his fingers, the other was held out. Offered to her.

Because in the time it took him to stumble and fall over. He had already forgiven her. An impossible display in such a short period of time. No doubt something that in her current state, seemed impossible "Loske." He breathed out, voice strained as he tried to bite down the pain. "Its okay."

"Because I still see you."

It was a good thing that the link between Arete and Aaran was a two way street. Because in the brief moment when he stumbled, when Shursia was no doubt revelling in her attack and the damage dealt. His own memories lashed out. Attempting to show her something from his perspective. Of what exactly he thought of her. And how much she meant to him.

His Reason said:
He wasnt sure if Life Day was the best time to make his reappearance. But the old hag insisted. Telling him it was dramatically appropriate before kicking him into his ship and sending him back to Coruscant.

Ryv had seemed to be excited to see him. Which was certainly a relief. The Sword of the Jedi was probably among the most gregarious people he knew. So it certainly eased the tention in his gut at his acceptance. But when he saw the others, the feeling of dread only intensified. Would they resent him? Kick him out? Was he gone too long and the connections they shared had faded?

With one simply response, Loske wiped away all fear and worry with one gesture. Her embrace was a breath of fresh air. A dose of life saving medicine. She called it a miracle. No questions, No anger, no frustration. Just simply acceptance. If not for the crowd around him. He probably would have burst into tears that the first person who ever accepted him still did so. And seemingly always would.

"You're always reaching out to others." He rasped, now attempting to force himself to his feet. Struggling through the pain. "Now its my turn." He spoke. "Take my hand. Throwing away the past won’t make you stronger. You're trying to pick at the scab until it becomes infected and numb. Convincing yourself its healed."

"That's the wonderful thing about being alive Loske. We heal from our wounds and become stronger for it. But you don’t have to be alone to do so. But you have to let it heal."
Philia, the love of friendship. Many philosophers consider it to be the least biological, organic, instinctive, gregarious and necessary. The least natural of loves between sentients. It was something that needed to be worked towards. To strive towards, to invest in.

And Loske was the first person to invest such a thing in him. The first person to connect with him simply because she wanted to. So Shursia would know, on a deep fundamental level. Through the link of the blade and the distant memories buried inside her. He was not going to give up that easily.

Last edited:

Red-stained hands clasped a similarly stained spear, the thin staff of metal whistling as it was twirled. Eligor, suited in overlapping plates of duraplast, kept a confident stride as she came close to Jayda's side. It was no secret that the smaller acolyte was in a sour mood as usual, and perhaps it was the stress of fieldwork that was grinding on the smaller one's nerves.

Perhaps.

Eligor slid a thumb under her mask's chin to tilt it up, casting a yellow-eyed gaze on the odd battle ahead. "Correct, you don't need to be coddled," she replied to Jayda while catching a fresher breath of air, "So don't think of my being here like that. A mere colleague? Associate? Much more appropriate. We may even warm up to the term 'friend'--" she slipped the mask back over her face "No rush, of course."

As Jayda started toward the field Eligor kept her gaze locked on the brawls unfolding between Sith and fellow Sith, Jedi, Mandalorians-- Nether-persons? ...Interesting. Ninn had truly become a free-for-fall, its landscape becoming unrecognizable with the fresh heaps of Imperial and Warlord debris. But this was not just their playground anymore. It was to be the first steps of growth. Eligor's eyes trailed to the back of the acolyte who had left her. Formless. Malleable. Jayda was walking to only one of the crucibles intended for the young Valkyrie.

The hair on Eligor's neck bristled as a sharp whisper reached her ear. She dipped her head in unappreciated reverence for the distorted command. His will be done. Raising her free hand she balled her fist, crusted blood flaking from her fingers. Behind her, the littered bodies of troopers lurched then seized. Between the cracks of their armor red seeped. Blood pooled together then congealed, taking the texture of rubber as a hand pressed from beneath its surface. With a lifeless rasp the thing breached the gap of the Netherworld and reality, wearing the thickened blood as its new skin. Spines dripped with a caustic venom as it stretched into its form. Its face was featureless, its three arms ending in four claws each, and its numerous legs stamped the ground as it slithered close at Eligor's beckon.

"There is another here that we mustn't face ( Darth Maleva ). Their presence is... unmistakable. Keep them from us."

It left at the wave of her hand, and Eligor picked up the pace to try and meet back with her chosen ward.

There was a kind of tension between the rule of order and the passion necessary to be a Sith. Order meant control; a firm guiding hand for the strong to easily control the weak and guide those with potential to become strong. Passion could be zealous, wild; unrestricted passion led to unchained power.

Yet without control, was it worth it? Some Sith dove into corruption and depravity. Xeykard preferred to keep his wits about him. An empire needed control. The strongest needed to control all others.

The rage and passion were enough for the Sith Knight to gain his attention, yet Xeykard found himself fixed on the visceral pleasure the warrior felt. Unbound brutality and hatred. It flowed out in waves from the man. Though the Inquisitor found himself the focus of that zealous fury, he knew he was simply one of many. There was no duty or control. There was a whim, there was passion.

Xeykard swung his lightclub, blocking the sword with equal force before leaping back. His opponent's size was closer to his own than usual. Fluffing stabs and greater reach were less advantageous than usual. A Sith sword, too -- in a battle of wills, Xeykard might lose.

But he would not allow this one to escape. "You die here, filth," he snarled.

Instead of closing the distance he reached forward, attempting to pull his opponent closer, following up with a step forward and thrust. He switched styles afterwards; focusing on powerful blows, he hoped to make the duel a test of endurance.

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Thank you for joining me, Darth Daiara Darth Daiara . I'm happy we could handle this face to face."

The cavernous training room stank of smoke and cleaning chemicals. The place had a deep chill, an aura of the Dark Side. Aradia would have trained here more than once.

sqbCRzi.gif

Ashin walked up to the central platform, which was large enough for a duel all by itself. Around the platform, steam hissed up from vents fed by alchemical furnaces elsewhere. She wore the sword Jentaral at her hip - her usual daily carry, not an explicit threat or invitation to violence.

"You made the cut to stand among the knights and masters who study in this...non-denominational academy of the Dark Side. You've grown since we met at Lake Krul. And you understand, I'm sure, that my friendship with your first teacher earned you no special consideration. You are here because you deserve it.

"Sadly," she added without the slightest indication of sadness, "other than you, how many of the Zambrano dynasty's loyalists have dared to apply, let alone succeeded? The answer is three, as it happens, none of them currently studying here. At the moment you are the sole representative of the Sith Empire in this academy.

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia stood at the edge of the room, not claiming the center of the platform with Ashin. She had no reason to mistrust the woman, even if the two empires did clash lightyears below their feet. The word friend wasn't easily given out by Kaalia, but when it was used, Aradia didn't easily forget it.

It was wise to know who might lend a hand in a world of deadly absolutes. Still, Aradia didn't approach the Sith Lord who had summoned her. The chill of the room reminded her of the secrets she held. She took in a deep breath and listened to the Ashin's address.

Her rigid spine slowly released, her hands falling amicably at her side. "Usually it's the Jedi trying to convert me," she mused, no smile on her lips as she looked Ashin over.

A beat.

She tipped her chin and stepped onto the platform. "If I'm a loyalist though, the Empire is screwed." As Darth Pollix could contest... She grimaced and folded her arms around her front. "I'm just trying to keep the keep the Imperials back."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Yes, I suppose it is," Ashin said. "I do have one more principle, you might say: punch up, not down. There's something deeply contemptible about the way the New Order and the Galactic Alliance have combined to crush the Sith Empire relentlessly. Not as contemptible as the Empire's many atrocities and cowardices and petty vanities, of course - but still. This war is no contest of equals. I appreciate an underdog. If not for the Empire's abject and irredeemable worthlessness I'd back it to the hilt."

She smiled thinly.

"I believe the Empire's leaders thought they were seizing the opportunity to punch down for once when they crossed us at Ninn. A planet where we, the Warlords, had just finished crushing our second consecutive New Order incursion. The Sith Empire is by no means the New Order's most committed and promising enemy.

"I won't say we're paragons of honor - but the Warlords have earned my loyalty and respect. I want that authenticity for the ones like you, the next generation doomed to die so the Zambrano cult can perpetrate its last few aimless, flailing genocides for sport."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Or--" Aradia countered, "The Empire was trying to shore up their territory to prevent the Imperials from cutting the it off at the neck."

She bit her own tongue and considered Ashin. Self-expression wasn't an easy trait for a once-was slave. The Academies certainly hadn't encouraged it either. It was one thing to open up and speak her mind, it was another to disagree with a superior.

Come to think of it, it was easier to duel a jedi than was it was to hold Ashin's gaze and elaborate further. But she did, speaking with slow intention as she explained her perspective.

"They will be back for Ziost. I haven't seen any sign of their resources showing strain, it's unnatural. They want that territory, and if they get it? The rest of the Empire falls dark. All of those worlds--

"Purged."

Her fingers tightened on her arms, her words flowing freer as passion entered her tone. "Ninn would stop that, wouldn't it? They could establish secure trade routes, move troops-- continue to fight back. Which you should want. Master, the more of us there are out there, the safer we are. They're not going to stop at the The Empire. Imagine, the full force of the Imperials and Jedi coming down on your little warlords-"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"What I should want, hmm? Understand, Aradia, there's no circumstance where I'd piss on the Sith Empire leadership if it was on fire. I hold contempt for the New Order as well, for their stupid waste and hypocrisy and most of all getting my wife killed, but the Sith Empire is who actually killed her. These are many of the same core people who served the One Sith - who turned a blind eye when their lords kidnapped and tortured Spencer. There was betrayal, both then and thirty years ago. It's all the same cadre, all the same faces, convincing the best and the brightest of each generation to waste themselves. Their best interests are not yours."

"But let's focus on what matters to you: defeating the New Imperial Order. Let's consider Ninn a microcosm of everything wrong with the Empire, and why I believe you'd find more success with us.

"The Empire
moved to take control of Ninn through economic talks - veiled pillaging to feed the war machine and the next great Zambrano palace.

defeated a major New Order incursion both groundside and in orbit. We beat them in two more engagements at Brosi just before that. I'll always remember taking and holding the Nihun Bridge as real Sith Lords drove back the Imperial Knights. In a couple of weeks, we've had more solid victories against the New Order than the Empire's past year. Why? Because the leaders you follow are clinging to their thrones for a little reprieve before they're average Sith again. And they will throw your life away for that reprieve."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Meanwhile, our forces - the 'little Warlords,' as you put it"-- Aradia grimaced, shifting her weight onto her back leg. She opted to fall silent, half absorbed with facts she hadn't known and half enticed, yes, with the news the Imperials were being beaten back.

"...I dont care about the Empire," she finally stated, her voice nearly hushed. She might not be a loyalist now, but she had been raised as one-- schooled as one. She did not find it so easy to out right disown the entity that had once made up her whole world. "I know it's flawed. I know it'd sooner step on my back to keep ahead.

She looked around them, then stepped forward again, confiding, "They don't have my loyalty anymore. But I don't see how that changes anything. Tell me, you've seen empires fall before. What will those nations do once they've won?"

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

Ashin shook her head. "I don't know the future. I'm no prophet. I do have a good imagination. Here's what I picture."

Illusion wasn't her strong suit either. The rough galactic map that took form above them was a thing of static and sparks, controlled little webs of discharge like lightning flickering inside a thunderhead. The air grew heavy. It stank of ozone. The galaxy of lightning filled the gigantic chamber above their heads. The map took different configurations, territories marked in light and darkness and all the hues of lightning. The Warlords' territory was a sizzling red, for one.

"I imagine the New Order will overextend. Perhaps they'll clash with the Silver Jedi at Eshan or in the former Sith worlds. Perhaps those tensions will be the backdrop for wars against the Worm's faction on Korriban, or against the Warlords, or all of the above. You know far better than me that the New Order are uncompromising fascists just like most of their enemies. That forces them to push too long and too far, or risk crippling deflation once the war is ostensibly won. No matter how the next year or two shakes out, the New Order will struggle to justify its own existence. It'll lash out in hopes of rekindling old glories, but its long decline will already be in motion."

"So I've joined the Warlords, not because I care about territory but because they're successfully chipping away at the New Order. The weaker and more fatigued our mutual enemies become, in any degree, the quicker their well-earned collapse."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

It all made sense. Aradia couldn't deny that Ashin had a rather thought out prediction on the path the imperials were bleeding themselves down. She didn't care for news or politics, she was naively convinced that wars could be fought off battle plans alone. It made Ashin's rendition sound that much more plausible to her inexperienced mind.

Perhaps it wasn't wise to trust the woman who would stand on the other side of the field, but she was sure that if Ashin meant her harm it would have already been committed. This was a recruitment after all.

"And what happens to those that don't join-- that don't believe-- that get left behind when the Empire fails. They will be left more vulnerable than ever. They will retreat here. Maybe with others. When they come knocking on these doors, what will you do?" She questioned, her voice growing hushed at the implication.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

The last vestiges of the lightning map grounded out, leaving the air heavy and tense in the grand training room.

"I fully agree with you: the very loyal or stubborn will wait until the Empire's final moments to go elsewhere. If they show up at the Warlords' door and there's no personal vengeance necessary, I'm sure they can find a place and a power base with us. If they come here specifically, here to the Pomojema...well, my dear, that depends entirely on two things. Whether they can meet this academy's standards like you did, and whether they were complicit in my wife's torture and murder."

"There is no place in this academy for a handful of serious old names. But the hundreds of talented Sith who will realize too late that being part of the Empire is worthless - them, I'll take with open arms."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A shudder rang over her spine, before a wash of the force warmed her against the sudden chill.

She had met the man that was now the emperor of her Empire. Once, at the very start of it all. She remembered the way his energy made her heart race. Heavy, dark, corrupted. He had flaunted his strength and worn it like armor. Standing before him had been a test of courage like no other for Aradia at the time.

Before the wars, before her death. Before the darkness that flowed through her like blood.

For a moment, just a sentence, she caught a wiff of that same something from Ashin. While so little of the conversation was about the woman's wife, Aradia's attention lingered on the words that had been spoken.

"...My master- .... Kaalia," she corrected, a slight grimace to her thin-pressed lips. "Once told me that I need to find my reason. That power just for power is ... destructive. That no one, not even you, could truly ascend and remain themselves without a purpose. ... I've started to see that now. In those above me. ... Those that have controlled it and those that are its slave."

Her thoughts flowed choppily. She looked up to Ashin and said them all the same, a sharpness to the gaze that tried to cut through the woman and dissect her where she stood.

"So what's yours?"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"Kaalia Pavanos was entirely right. I'd imagine she was teaching you the core truth of the Sith tradition - something many emperors have kept hidden from their cannon fodder. When the Sith Code speaks of victory and breaking chains, it's talking about overcoming absolutely everything that stands between you and what you want most.

"You're aware, of course, that until recently my overriding goal was to resurrect my wife. I paid terrible prices for that. I broke every chain that mattered-" She tapped her heart and her temple. "-in here, and all the external ones too. Finding your truest purpose goes hand in hand with the power of commitment.

"I built this place as a tool to further my quest in all sorts of ways, direct and indirect. Now that I've succeeded, it serves another purpose. This academy, like no other, demands commitment to yourself. It demands you find your why and cut away all the nonsense - the ambitions and actions you've been taught you should pursue, the expectations. This place can help you clarify your goal and equip your mind to achieve it. And now that I've achieved mine, this place is helping me clarify what comes next."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

It was strange to hear that Ashin didn't have a real answer. Aradia had often thought she felt so... lost because of her ranking. Maybe if she worked harder, achieved Knight for real, the hole in her chest would suddenly make sense. Her superiors always seemed to have their chit straight. She hadn't fathomed that a Sith Lord's life could be in just as much flux as her own.

"...I think you should care more about letting Ninn fall to the hands of the Empire than you've considered, then." Her words were careful, the girl aware of the chasm of steam on either side of her.

"See, I care about preservation, and I promise you-- losing front anywhere to them is bad for us all. I will help you, because your success is just as vital to me as the Empire's, but I am asking you to consider that just maybe ... your anger with the Empire leaves you vulnerable. Because unless you're confident in your Warlord's ability to outlast the united front of two nations-- You are resigning yourself to unpredictable loses.

"Hate them. Fine. But be smart about it-- use them. They're a source of power. You've manipulated Empires. I think we could figure something out."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"In the spirit of intellectual honesty I agree that my hatred of the Sith Empire is a cognitive bias. Well done. That said, let's reexamine some of the assumptions behind your argument.

"I don't believe the Warlords of the Sith can stand alone against the full united strength of the New Order and the Alliance. Three points.

"First, they've given their all to this war for a long few years. Overreach and fatigue aren't certainties, but they're certainly possibilities.

"Second, I am far, far more invested in hurting the New Order than in the Warlords' triumph.

"Third, Ninn isn't the only strategic choke point right now. Important, yes - important enough that I understand why the Empire challenged us - but look here."

The lightning map sprang to life again, a crackling galaxy. Hues and brightness shifted as the New Order struck into the Empire's heart, straight for the Lords of the Sith, the Sith Eternal - the Worm's followers.

"I have prophets on the payroll, good ones. This is a probable next step. At one blow, the Empire loses almost two thirds of its territory. Does that make the potential loss of Ziost and Tiss'sharl less crippling? No - but these worlds and Ninn wouldn't be so crucial if the Empire hadn't allowed the Worm Emperor's followers to squat on Korriban unchallenged.

"But let's say the future rests on Ninn. The Empire's staggering might is arrayed against the Warlords - or so we anticipated. If Ninn is so crucial-"

The guillotine snapped shut on the map. All the Empire's territory west of Ziost went dark.

"-then why am I hearing reports that the Empire's presence at Ninn has slackened off drastically? Where did all the Dark Lords go?"

"Here's what I think happened. The Empire's leadership thought this would be easy. When it became clear that we could stand up to them, they lost interest. And that tells me one absolutely crucial thing.

"They don't much care about Ninn's strategic position, regardless of whether they should. What they cared about was punching down: a short victorious war to bolster morale. To put on a fresh coat of paint. So that when the same handful of powerful people move to their next imperial project in a year or five, they'll still have their followers. They don't care about the Empire; they don't care about hurting the New Order; they're just shoring up transferable power bases. Choosing not to follow through at Ninn is the writing on the wall. The war is all but over. And by the time you finally get off the sinking ship, the Empire's leaders will already be on comfortable yachts.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia's shoulders slowly dropped, disheartened by the picture painted out across the air.

She felt horribly lost in that moment. It had always been Kaalia she had gone to for direction, back when the woman had resembled something closer to Ashin than a holoflick mother. Aradia shouldn't be having to wade through this alone-- Darth Avacyn was meant to be by her side, instructing her.

Protecting her.

As much as she believed Ashin wouldn't harm her for her allegiances she wasn't stupid. When chit hit the fan, the Sith Lord would put herself first. Just like the Empire. It wasn't a slight, it just was. Kaalia had once spoken to her about the factors that should define her loyalty, but Aradia hadn't expected to need to juggle that topic on her own so soon.

The fires well below their feet flared, sending waves of billowing steam between them. Her nostrils flared, failing to cap her anger.

"One time." she told the woman, tearing her gaze off the force-fueled map. "One call, one infiltration-- one whatever your Warlords need to pull ahead of those imperial imps. We'll go from there." Aradia shifted warily, unsure if it was the right decision but committing to it anyway.

"On one condition."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Carefully, she said to herself. The commitment's made but this can still go sideways. Do nothing that could be misinterpreted as gloating. No wry humor, for one.

"I think I can guess. The price of you standing shoulder to shoulder with the Warlords is me fighting alongside the Empire. I sacrifice my pride for what I desire: another log on the pyre of a comprehensive revenge. And you, trapped on a sinking ship while the captain's yacht sails away - you, my dear, start building a much-needed raft. At least that's how our bargain looks from my end."

She raised an eyebrow.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Red cheeks and a sly grin answered for her, Ashin's guess bringing about a bout of embarrassment.

"Well that and... teach me how to do that map," she responded, breaking the moment with humor of her own.

"That isn't all I can offer, though." She hesitated, then continued, her smile melting away."The Imperials do not slow, but I- I think I found a way to weaken them. Permanently. It's just..." She rubbed at her face, text appearing under her eyelids in a disorienting haze. They whispered to her in foreign tones, tugging at her attention.

"Beyond me." She shook her head, hard, before refocusing back on the Sith Lord before her.

"I will give you what I've found. Help me execute it when I'm ready and I'll transcribe it all for you on paper. ...Or holopads. It's a raft. For both of us. ... I hope. "

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

Picking up on humanity in general had never been Ashin's strong suit, but the shift in Aradia's demeanor set off a bell. It almost - almost - made her think possession.

"I think you'd better stop being cryptic about whatever ritual or vision or passenger is hiding in there. If it could bring pain to the New Order, let's hear it. There's nowhere better to actualize a little hell."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia grimaced.

"I'm not trying to be coy, I just can't-" Her attention left Ashin again, her eyes slipping left and right as it followed a series of intangible concepts pressing forward. They were insistent, demanding to be recognized, but they came in a form that sat at the end of her tongue.

"Find words for it. It showed itself to me, and now it won't shut up until I listen. I'm trying." She griped, snapping her hands back down. "But it's ancient. The more complicated symbols mean nothing to me-- pieces are missing."

"What I do know is it's some sort of spell. It's... dark. But affective. It stops healing. Whatever we do to their men on the field, they wouldn't be able to come back from it. It just needs something-- something I can't-"

The whispers grew harsh as they strove to be heard. Her fingers dug into her temples. Pain did little to clarify the concepts that drifted untranslated in her mind. It was maddening. She needed to complete this. Her distant gaze snapped back to Ashin, sharp.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"'Stops healing'...well, it rings a very faint bell. Let's see what we can do. Come with me."

She took pride in the completeness of the Pomojema's resources. Among those resources were
Dreamscape headsets - open market, mass-produced. Within five minutes, she'd provided Aradia with one of them, as well as a qabbrat meditation chamber. As a student here, Aradia would have used the chambers before.

"Impose order on the flow of content if you can," Ashin said, examining the headset's video feed on a datapad. She stood near the door to give Aradia a good bit of space. "The meditation chamber will help with that. But it's more important to go along with whatever comes to you, wherever it takes you. All those ancient symbols you mentioned - let them come. You don't need to do anything other than experience what you've been experiencing. Me, I like to use these headsets to record visions and things I see by farsight, but they'll work perfectly well for your purposes. No need to fuss about how to get it all on paper or make a coherent picture of it. Just be."

LoWzPxz.png

Aradia settled into the chamber, weight lifting preemptively off her chest as Ashin handed her the headset. She studied it for a moment, then slipped it on, relieved to have a solution.

This would have taken her months to fuss out on her own. Several, maddening months. She let out a slow breath, urging her thoughts to drift to a drawl so the whispers coul--

"Master?" Her eyes jolted open, the soft blue boring into Ashin across the way.

Silence hit the air. Her lips pursed, framing the careful set of words.

"You still haven't agreed to my condition."

OBJECTIVE 3: BYOO
The Blue Crest

Tend To The Wounded...

uDAHm72.png

As the bodies began to get brought in, there was plenty to be done. Some might argue too much for a group so small as theirs. But they'd make do.​
Asha set herself up within the triage station, a simple enough tent with basic supplies, fold-up cots, and a small series of medical droids who hovered about here and there fussing over the injured with stoic bedside manner. It was not ideal, but many who came to them were unconscious so they would have little recollection of it. Besides, this wasn't a hospital. This was still an active battlefield...​
Thankfully any who were brought in with just minor scrapes were already sent to the first aid tents, their volunteers had already been informed of what to look for in an individual brought her way. If they could walk and were in no immediate threat, they went elsewhere. The rest... Well that was a far tougher job. To categorize and decide who got priority. She had to resist her more empathic tendencies, to think with a pragmatic mind.​
If Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor lingered nearby she would not be aware, all fell into a rhythm and anything not immediately requiring her attention was lost to the wayside.​
Soon enough though they had someone brought in who needed immediate care. Another medic took over her post, as she took to their side and - after making her quick assessment - began to draw upon the Force. Bacta could only do so much in moments like these, it was why she had called upon a handful of healers. At the very least they could get them to a stable position, then tend with the remainder with more traditional methods...​

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
B L U E_C R E S T

Vhon got to work and did her best not to pay attention to the flying bantha poo that occurred around her. The Keshiri appreciated the woman's bow of respect and had returned it certainly. The brunette began to place crates where they needed to go. It took a moment to locate a helmet that fit it felt a little funny to wear. However, if it was going to keep her from catching the case of the dead then she would definitely wear it. "Yeah I'll do what I can," she remarked still unsure of how to be of any more assistance. "Definitely noted," and she was sure her voice seemed to trail off from there. Vhon left Lief Lief and Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor to their own devices.

This side of hell wasn't any better, Vhon didn't want to chance transports and death but it seemed better than simply sitting put and moving crates all day. Vhon took to the transports, a stretcher-bearer felt better - more useful as far as she could tell. Still, crates didn't move on their own and there was certainly time for a lot of self-reflection as she started to move people on and off the stretchers. All she could think about was the damn freighter that seemed to limp from one end of the galaxy to the other.

She thought about how delicate life was on that freighter, how delicate it was here as she lifted people who could be lifted onto the stretchers and loaded them up. Vhon then thought about the waste of life that both the Sith Empire and the Warlords of the Sith seemed to have in common. More, space wizards who didn't give a flying kriff about who lived or who died, just so long as their lust for power and conquest was satisfied.

Molly Armstrong

M
The Force yanked him forwards, and the lizard stepped forth to meet in the middle. Kuric countered, pulling his own force aura back to himself. He narrowly dodged the creature's thrust with a step back, then called a ball of fire from the inferno around them. All these flames around them made it like a playground for Kuric. Every molecule of oxygen that burned away was his toy.

He hurled the ball of heat energy at Xeykard. These attacks would wear down any normal combatant in seconds, but not this one. Kuric knew this was going to be a test patience, waiting for opportune moments to strike the beast. The very notion enraged him.

"You will bow to me, or I will go through you with my blade!" Even with the passionate rage swelling in his voice could not fully obscure the superior tone with which he talked to all but his master and the Sith'ari.

It was his conviction that he was going to destroy all that stood in his way, even if this Imperial lapdog tore him limb from limb before that happened.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"Oh, I assure you my forgetfulness is a matter of age, not some little trickery. Those aren't my kind of games. Yes, I agree with your condition. I'll fight alongside the Sith Empire against the New Order - once. Remember that I owe both of them significant pain."

The qabbrat room was spherical, with the meditation platform in the centre at the bottom. Ashin sat on the steps with her back to the door. The room offered nowhere else to sit, and her bad knee was, as ever, bothering her. She rubbed at it with one hand but kept her focus on the datapad. The video feed was starting to come through - Aradia's thoughts, her visions, whatever lurked inside her skull.

"Focus, dear."

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

sqbCRzi.gif

LoWzPxz.png
[/COLOR]​

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

A beat.

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

She smiled thinly.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"Purged."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"The Empire

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

The Pomojema
Deep Space

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

"So what's yours?"

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Protecting her.

"On one condition."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

She raised an eyebrow.

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia grimaced.

"Find words for it. It showed itself to me, and now it won't shut up until I listen. I'm trying." She griped, snapping her hands back down. "But it's ancient. The more complicated symbols mean nothing to me-- pieces are missing."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

LoWzPxz.png

VGOKCXV.png

THE POMOJEMA
DEEP SPACE

Aradia settled into the chamber, weight lifting preemptively off her chest as Ashin handed her the headset. She studied it for a moment, then slipped it on, relieved to have a solution.

This would have taken her months to fuss out on her own. Several, maddening months. She let out a slow breath, urging her thoughts to drift to a drawl so the whispers coul--

"Master?" Her eyes jolted open, the soft blue boring into Ashin across the way.

Silence hit the air. Her lips pursed, framing the careful set of words.

"You still haven't agreed to my condition."

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

"Oh, I assure you my forgetfulness is a matter of age, not some little trickery. Those aren't my kind of games. Yes, I agree with your condition. I'll fight alongside the Sith Empire against the New Order - once. Remember that I owe both of them significant pain."

The qabbrat room was spherical, with the meditation platform in the centre at the bottom. Ashin sat on the steps with her back to the door. The room offered nowhere else to sit, and her bad knee was, as ever, bothering her. She rubbed at it with one hand but kept her focus on the datapad. The video feed was starting to come through - Aradia's thoughts, her visions, whatever lurked inside her skull.

"Focus, dear."

LoWzPxz.png

Ashin's words were more than enough reassurance. Aradia nodded once, the physical action used to mark the end of their chatter. Suddenly the thought of another invasion didn't seem so bleak. Vivid images of battle sparked across the screen with vibrant color, filled with emotion. Hope.

It was a hard emotion to clamp down, but she did. The images diminished, dissipating out into intentional darkness. Aradia let out a long breath and relaxed into the energies that made up the sphere.

The symbols flickered forward, jumbled and chaotic. She tried to straighten them out-- tried to pair each of them to images that expressed meaning she already knew. It only added to the noise, distracting from the true message trying to show itself to her. This made them speak louder. A subtle headache pinched in her temple, until Ashin's instructions bubbled back to her.

Just be.

She took in a final deep breath... and released.

The symbols came barreling forward. She treated them like an itch in a meditation session and let them exist. Soon, their fevered energies calmed. They drifted harmlessly across her eyelids, the text running through her from start to finish. Twice.

Goosebumps prickled across her skin as she felt them leave her, released into the force as they completed their task.

"...Please tell me you got that," she whispered, rubbing her arms as she pulled back to reality.

Last edited:

Darth Ananta

D

He presented himself just as she had thought that he would, as a soldier that spared words only in moments of heightened emotion, a man ruled by his confidence in a craft that seemed to be all that he knew. The approach to her layered response to his attack was logical, and to the casual observer it would have appeared that skill saved him where instinct deserved much more of the credit for his survival - but it was a series of choices in maneuver that were arrived at from a foundation of experience with more orthodox foes. Soldiers, warriors - the sorts of people that likely engaged with his allies further into the heart of the city.

Certainly not she.

To base one's approach to combat on discipline and practice, experience and training, alone was to severely limit the creativity - the improvisational control one carried - in a fight in favor of what worked. Until it didn't. A disciplined, seasoned, warrior would have perhaps knew how to react to the sensation of the force gripping them, perhaps managed a way to save themselves if panic hadn't gripped them; maybe. Far from someone who adhered to discipline, Irina could see the ripples in the force as his will was exerted upon her small frame, the shimmer of dark and light as the desire to maim, to kill, was focused on her in a world that was now almost wholly black and white, devoid of sound beyond that of their own making.

He spoke his piece, pronouncing to her the swell of confidence in what he likely assumed would put her on the backfoot in much the same manner he had likely assumed the rest of his attempts prior would have as well, and gave away the lack of imagination dwelling just behind that stoic look etched into his face. If he was a soldier, she was an animal, she'd sooner lose her limbs, one by one, than submit - backed into a corner or no. Like an animal the sensation of being pressed against, be it by the cold steel of a wall or the invisible pressure of telekinetic force, she lashed out.

A lightsaber was flung like a javelin from her hand, not by the physical might of its wielder but by the instinctual, primal, urge to cut herself loose of the potential fatal hold of her assailant with the force. It was elementary to those who understood the force that to grip another with it through telekinesis was a risky trick, a maneuver that could be shattered by the mere loss of direct focus - no matter the proficiency in which it was exerted upon another. A simple blaster bolt could deliver the sort of pain necessary to shatter that focus, and most seasoned masters of the force could simply exert an equal, and opposite, force to free themselves of any truly ambitious holds, such as the one Irina found herself in now.

In theory, anyhow.

In practice the desire to lash out, to hurt, and deliver a disproportionate response was overwhelming - as it overwhelmed her.

To avoid the saber he would need to act, be it by protecting himself or by maneuvering out of harm's way - both instances giving her the leverage necessary to free herself without significant exertion through the force, something which was perhaps not immediately necessary to the casual observer were one to try to place themselves in her shoes, but was more than vital to the game she played. And if he attempted to stay in harm's way in order to kill her?

Then perhaps there would be enjoyment for her in this, after all.

Kainan Kainan

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashin Cardé Varanin

LoWzPxz.png

THE POMOJEMA

With Darth Daiara Darth Daiara engrossed in her inner life, Ashin let her facade crack. Took off the mask, as it were, sitting there on the steps watching some girl burn out her life on hate. It spoke to regrets she'd rarely acknowledged.

Regrets, and also the clawing threat of despair. She'd fallen in with the Warlords, built this academy, organized the Aksifas, kept up appearances, reclaimed a flinty, formidable, properly Sith persona - all toward Spencer's resurrection. And now Spencer lived again. That left everything hollow.

Sacrifice it all for what you want most, she said to herself. So after all this, your life's mission accomplished with life still ahead - what do you want?

And why, after asking that for weeks, haven't you found the answer until now?

She looked away from the datapad feed and its blurring, warping Sith glyphs - a fascinating spell that failed to fascinate. She rested a hand on the cold dark steel of the doorframe, of this ship she'd made into perhaps the best dark side academy in operation. Scholars and teachers from the Sith, the Raskava, the Mecrosa, and half a dozen other traditions. High standards, high commitment. Real teaching with actual pedagogy. Skill. Will. Quality.

She put down the datapad - it was recording, and sending the footage to a backup drive - and focused on the girl. An interesting opponent and ally, to be sure...

...but above all, a student. Ashin's student. In a place that aimed to provide a far better education than Ashin had received half a century ago.

"It's secure," she said, getting up achily. "What you've found is a spell to make damage incurred by a willing Force-sensitive's death...slow to heal, and immune to Force healing. It's Krath. It's vicious. And you won't grasp it until you're a Master, but striving for it will help make you one."

LoWzPxz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom