Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SD-9s "Khan" Sith Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

2TWtID5t_o.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To reward the Lords of the Sith with a mobile base of operations, as per the Emperor's charity.
  • Image Source: Here. │ Edits Done By Me
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: B1-TM3DC-2A
  • Primary Source: SD-10s "Monger"
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sith Star Destroyer │ Ship of the Line
  • Length: 2,000 meters
  • Width: 650 meters
  • Height: 633 meters
  • Armament: Extreme
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar Space: Average: 11
    • [2] Shielded Hanger Openings w/ Impervium Quick-Deploy Blast Doors
      • Quadanium Revetment Storage Casing w/ Automated Storage Optimization Protocols
    • [4] Heavy Tractor Beams w/ Cargo Loading-Unloading Functionality
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • General Loadout:
      • Starfighters: 8 squadrons
      • Support Craft: 3 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low - 60 DPF
  • Speed Rating: Low - 65 MGLT
    • Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 800 km/h
      • Lowest Rated Orbit: N/A - Cannot Land
  • Hyperdrive: HS-10 "Hermes" Class Hyperdrive w/ Reinforced Backup
  • Hyperdrive Class:
    • Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
    • Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 5.5
  • Engine System: IE-10 "Event Horizon" Class Ion Engine
    • Primary Unit(s): [3] Main Engines w/ 5 Degree Vector Plates
    • Secondary Unit(s): [4] Supplementary Engines
    • Accessory Unit(s): [4] High-Powered Adjustment Engines
  • Power Plants:
  • Ground Compliment:
    • Military Personnel (Security & Operational Compliment):
      • 17,254 Sith Legionaries
    • Vehicle Compliment:
      • Various Options
  • Crew Requirements:
    • Optimal:
      • Officer(s): 5,332
      • Crew: 79,372
    • Skeleton:
      • Officer(s): 710
      • Crew: 10,582
  • Escape Craft:
    • [400] Large Lifeboats
      • Fifty Person Capacity
    • [800] Medium Lifeboats
      • Twenty Five Person Capacity
    • [6,000] Planetary Escape Pods
      • Fitted to Officer Quarters
  • Cargo Capacity: 52,000 Metric Tonnes
  • Consumables: 5 Years
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • High Tech Command Center
  • Dedicated Special Forces Wing
  • Highly Specialized Comfort Measures
    • Custom Captain's Quarters
  • Axial Proton Beam Cannon
  • Extreme Offensive Capabilities
  • Atmospheric Capabilities
STRENGTHS
  • Protonic -
    • Built as the Ship-Of-The-Line of the Lords of the Sith, the 'Khan' carries with it a massive axial proton beam cannon similar to that of the Final Order's own Star Destroyers. This allows for a fleet of these to project massive amounts of firepower from a great distance - even able to synchronize firing pattern to greatly damage enemy combatants. Add on its exceptional armanent besides that, and the SD-9s is a terrifying display of modern Sith engineering.
WEAKNESSES
  • Baby Don't Got Back -
    • Just as the SD-10s, the 'Khan' has a severe weakness in the rear of the ship. Exposed, unarmored engines make it a veritable target for any would be heavy fighter or corvette. Crippling its ability to move, adjust its cannon, or otherwise function can lead to the general failure of the ship and its combat effectiveness - as anyone in fleet combat knows, a ship that's dead in the water will soon be dead forever.
DESCRIPTION

Following the creation of the SD-10s, Jaeger Solutions was tasked with a series of ships that the Lords of the Sith required to wage their war against the other vying sith factions. Referencing the designs of those like Darth Sidious's Final Order, or even the One Sith's Immortals - a new creation was put into operation with reasonable research and development cost - but major overhead from the lack of full purchases.​
The SD-9's is a simple ship in most of its aspects, being unremarkable for most facets of Star Destroyers - however, when one looks at its armament, they may yet see that it is not so simply a ship that can be tossed aside as most others. With massive forward facing guns for long range engagements, the 'Khan' is able to put pressure on enemy fleets from a very far distance. This, coupled with its heavy armament of closer weapons, makes it a contender for some of the most dangerous ships in the Galaxy; leave alone its broadside cannons. Heavy disruptors shooting nigh untamable tibanna shots into enemy vessels at close range make them just as dangerous in close range engagements - even if it comes with their own dangers.​
Having a weak rear makes the 'Khan' susceptible to tactics that look to disable its movement. Already slow and cumbersome, the unarmored aft section is a simple and straight forward target for anyone who wants to disable the ships - often being the first thing to go on the vessels. This makes for close range engagements less than suitable, and makes the broadside more of a last ditch resort than a first attack effort.​
Overall, the 'Khan' serves its purpose as the ship of the line for the Lords of the Sith; with its production in full swing, it is given to each and every risen Knight and Lord across their Empire - quickly filling with the various Legions and efforts of it conquerors. Soon, the 'Khan' will be as feared as its namesake - an unmistakable weapon tied closely with the Sith war machine.​

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Solid submission, as usual, but some issues do need to be addressed.
  • Please link the Shadowskin hull paint under materials - and be aware that the "semi-stealth" capabilities of a Minor production vessel, doubly so one of such size, would by necessity be highly limited. I would recommend expanding on this somewhere, perhaps in Special Features.
  • You may want to link the Proton Beam Cannon, since it's rarer than, say, Turbolasers. Less requirement, more quality of life.
  • The Solid Fuel/Ration Converter's link is outdated, please update with the one I provided.
  • Your Nanobots, while lovely, are Limited production and these vessels are Minor. I assume this was an oversight, but please remove them, as per the Factory Rules: "A submission cannot have a higher production rating than the submission used in its creation."
(Modularity was a solid inclusion to the template, if I may say so myself. I might do the same, in future submissions.)

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , everything here looks pretty solid.

I see where linked the request to use MCS technology, but I don't see a response back from the MCS owner saying that it's okay to use their stuff in that thread. I see that you mention discussions in the holonet though - did you guys roleplay it out or work out the deal somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom