Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Homecoming || [ Attn: Mandalorian Union ]

MANDALORE

Isley hated the implications.

Only a few years ago, he had received a call in the dead of night. The woman who had raised him...taught him to walk and whooped his ass when he got out of line...was in danger. At that time, the Sith were marching on Mandalore and Mama needed to get out. Enough said. In short order, the good son pulled her from the jaws of death and set her up nice on Leritor. It wasn't the mountainous home that she was used to. It wasn't the home that Isley had grown up in. But Tia had more than earned a retirement with a view of the beach. She had more than earned being comfortable for the rest of her life.

But, as things settled on Mandalore, Tia decided that comfortable wasn't what she wanted. Leritor was stunning, but it wasn't home. And if she was going to close her eyes evermore, it was going to be in her bed, in her house, on her homeworld. Isley hated the thought of Mama passing on - but it was simply a fact of life. And who was he to tell her no? Thus, the good son packed her belongings and brought her aboard his vessel. He hadn't been back to Mandalore himself since the days of Ra Vizsla running the show. But that would change today.

Of course, Tia insisted that a pitstop be made along the way. The request was simple and earnest: "I want to see my grandbabies." Enough said. They stayed for a spell, and ended up bringing more than a handful of House Verd along for the final trip. Now full to the brim with family and her belongings, Tia sat pretty in the hold of the vessel. Joy written all over her aging features. There wasn't a better way to write the final chapter of one's life - to be surrounded by family, finally headed home.

As the Cagalaar descended from hyperspace, its pace slowed to a respectable crawl. Since their last time coming, a new regime had claimed Mandalore. And it would not do to simply show up and to flop one's beskad on the table. Thus, whilst the Droid doing the piloting requested clearance to land, Isley rose from the co-pilot's seat. There would be some time to kill before they got her home, so he strode into the hold and settled before her feet.

She beamed, and continued to tell the story which had captivated her grandchildren.

"So there I handed Ginnie her cocoa and she piled it high with whipped cream. Took a sip and had the biggest, messiest cream mustache I've ever seen. And what did this boy Isley do? He asked - swear to God - can I get a lick? And she said sure!"

"That boy damn near licked her face clean off."

Shalita Verd Shalita Verd , Talohn Atar Talohn Atar , Aselia Verd Aselia Verd , Haastal Haran Haastal Haran , Redd Redd , Darth Miseria, Damsy Callat Damsy Callat || @Mandalorian Union​

Times had been busy for the veteran mandalorian, between her duties as battle master and her fledging group of force using mandos forning the beskar brotherhood, she was tasked with also dealing with incoming visitors to the planet. Such a task was important as trade needed to be reestablished so the planet could have a steady source of recourse, stardust was the best for this years of playing diplomat before she grew bored of it came in handy in these times, so it was not unusual when she got a call that a prominent visitor was requesting permission to land on the planet. However this was not just any usual guest but the VICELORD of the CIS, a voice crackled over her comm and spoke with urgency as stardust narrowed her eyes and nodded to herself

allow them to land, BUT do NOT let anyone disembark do you hear me? If they ask tell them its security protocol, I will be on my way

Vicelord metus himself coming to visit and unannounced, this grew great worry in stars mind, why was the vicelord visiting on such short noticed? Had something within the cis happened? Regardless she sent a message to the mand'alore and recieved a message back briskly. She called for a hover craft of some sorts and immediately departed for the landing areas at top speed

Why he was here she would find out, she hoped it was nothing severe or bad
Darth Metus Darth Metus

Talohn Atar, the new kid on the block. Metus, being the head of house Verd, would likely have heard of his joining. If he had the curiosity or time to look for Talohn's footprint on the galaxy itself, it's not a massive one, but what there is to see hopefully doesn't cause any red flags. Left the planet of Cathar at a young age, ran with a mercenary crew for a while before striking out on his own, built a droid by the name of Madlad that multiple witnesses say is sentient, and even more horrifying, a complete psychopath. Lots of mercenary contracts, most of them oriented towards wiping out a group of enemies or breaking into vaults and hacking security systems. Apparently he's an accomplished slicer and vault cracker. Ever since having joined house Verd, he's on a few suspect lists for the reclamation of beskar from a few different factions. Not enough evidence however, as no surveillance caught anything. He's got a few bans. Ban from Corellia for his one night stand with a noble's daughter, banned from Naboo for stealing gungan shield tech to study, and a bounty on his head on Nar Shadaa for blowing the brains off of a slavery ring leader. He's not the cleanest person ever, but he's never hurt anyone who didn't have it coming.

It was while they had time to kill, waiting for access to the planet, that Talohn's ship, The Crimson Wolf, exited hyperspace. It's quite the beauty for a lone cathar merc. Around the same size as the sith lord's ship. Talohn, sitting up front in the cockpit currently, uses his holocom to ask permission to board. If allowed, the Crimson wolf would move into position, linking itself to the ship's boarding airlock and extending the bridge. Once the bridge is extended, those who had come to see would spot Talohn exiting his ship. He's not wearing his armor, instead opting for a simple white button up shirt with black leather pants, brown leather boots, and an armorweave longcoat that went down to his knees. He didn't wear the armor unless combat was expected. It gets too horribly hot in there when one has fur. He's carryong a large box of some sort with him, from which a pleasant aroma can be caught. Pleasant and spicy, whatever it is. Beside him is the droid, Madlad. It's single eye scans everything in sight as it follows along behind, also carrying a box. The final member of the little crew is Monari, Talohn's little founding. One hand holding lightly to the cathar's coat, she carefully paced along beside him. This looked like an empire vessel, Monari had bad memories of those.

Talohn, after getting formalities out of the way, is hopefully led down to the hull where the rest are, stepping in just in time to hear the story Grandma was telling. He waves, respectfully silent for now while he and his droids set down the crates. Monari herself runs up to Tia, eyes aflame with curiosity as she looks up at the aged mandalorian woman. "Hello!" She chirps. The droid emits a sigh with it's vocals, and Talohn chuckles nervously. "Monari, please be more polite, she was telling a story." Monari, pouting slightly, simply shrugs, though she goes silent nonethless. Talohn's orange eyes turn to Tia, and he gives a bow of his head. He's not a master of mando formalities, so he's just being as respectful as he knows. "Sorry about that."

Darth Metus Darth Metus Aselia Verd Aselia Verd Haastal Haran Haastal Haran Redd Redd Darth Miseria Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Shalita Verd Shalita Verd Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

will you sink down to me?
ce34538ad43666db74b9f8650674fd65.gif

D I S T R A C T I O N
Wearing: - x -​

Damsy threw back her head and laughed, notes a hint of siren song. The terrestrial lure was perhaps still there but had lost all of its aqueous, predatory bite.
After regaining herself, she looked over at the audience's newest addition, her father himself. From where she too sat on the cool hull, she rose her eyebrows and shook her head at him. A slight smile and crinkled eyes betrayed true playfulness. She thought to say something, but didn't even open her mouth. Now was time for happy togetherness, building to the warm farewell of a grandmother's homecoming, not the bitter rehashing of lifetimes past. Though, this precise time, Damsy meant nothing of the sort, but realized just how inciting her words might well have been without proper context - something that not just Tia didn't have, but neither most there.
Indeed, that historic stretch ran the length between Damsy and Isley alone. They might be able to describe the landscape to others, draw them a crude map, but none would ever be able to traverse nor experience it quite as either did.
So her words would stay on her tongue until another time. She did think them to herself through, of Naroh Se and life replicant droids. For as supple as the Kaminoan had made the imposter father, nothing now compared to skin steeped in stories and draped over bone - least of all, a plastic-upholstered durasteel frame heated with a core that whirred instead of beating.
Monari's rush through the crowd jolted daydream from Damsy's mind. Shock wore away quickly and softness returns. She remembered the girl...and, upon gazing up and around, so too a particular cathar and his droid. The sithspawn patted the floor beside her invitingly. "Fancy a sit?"
BcjYxQ.png

Last edited:
Kreslin had been in the middle of a training session when he received the message Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae had sent to him. Or, more accurately, his armor received the message. It was placed on a stand at the edge of the training circle Kreslin was in, occupied by himself and several Supercommandos. He had made it a custom to take part in these training sessions with his warriors at least once a day, something to take his mind off the endless drudgery of government work that was being placed before him.

He was grappling with the Supercommando across from him when the small, flashing icon on the side of his armor drew his attention. He was distracted for just the briefest of moments, allowing for a punch to slide through his defense and strike him across the chin. The blow jarred him for a moment, and he snapped his head back around to face his opponent. The warrior was following up his initial success with a second blow, and Kreslin stepped inside the swing. He trapped the warriors right arm beneath his left arm, twisting it sharply before delivering a headbutt to the other mans face. He let go of their arm in the same instant, and sent them sprawling to the ground with a follow up punch to the gut.

Turning away as the rest of the warriors continued to spar, Kreslin gripped the left arm of his armor, opening and listening to the brief message sent from his Battlemaster. He listened to it twice just to make sure he had gotten it correct, before sending a brief response back to her. He had not been expecting a visit today, especially not from the bleeding Vicelord of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Granted, from what he understood the visit was not a diplomatic one, it did little to change the matter.

Beginning to don his armor, Kreslin turned to one of the droids standing at the entrance to the sparring hall. "Send word to the Red Hand Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud and Black Hand Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt that I wish to see them in my quarters immediately. And send a detachment of Supercommandos to assist the Green Hand during the landing."

Darth Metus Darth Metus Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Adenn was in the Bastion of Steel when he received several messages, all from different people, but all saying the same thing. Metus and others of the CIS were coming to Mandalore. That simple statement stopped him short, pausing all activity he had just been partaking in. Turning on his heel upon seeing the summons from Kreslin, anger took hold at the same time that cold, hard, joy did.
"Beskad Elite, with me! Mobilize the Warriors, Commandos, and get me my vode. If he wants to come here, I'll be sure to give him a proper greeting."

Striding through the halls, various Supercommandos scattered before his angered advance, even as the Beskad Elite formed up by his side. Eventually one of the commanders appeared and gave him a sitrep, informing him that Kreslin had already ordered a detachment of Supercommandos to assist Star. On top of that detachment, Adenn added an extra order of ten Beskad Warriors to accompany them. They'd be an excellent heavy support option until they could mobilize heavier weapons.

Nodding, the commander disappeared with those orders, running to assist his vode in this new task. At the same time, Adenn finally arrived at the Mand'alors office, striding in with purpose. All but two of the Beskad Elite took position outside in the corridor, the other two strode in and planted themselves on either side of the door. With some annoyance, Adenn realized he was there before Kreslin or Kragr arrived. Pulling out a datapad, Adenn began to pull up information on who was closest to deploy, what forces they had, and various heavy equipment was ready to be used.

Time flew by and before Adenn knew it, the Mand'alor arrived. Eyes shooting up from the datapad, Adenn began to speak immediately, informing Kreslin of everything.

"My vode are deploying already; a detachment of Commandos alongside a squad of Beskad Warriors are headed to support Star in intercepting Metus once he lands. Furthermore, quick response forces are powering up tanks and some of the lighter walkers to deploy. They haven't yet, as it'd be too obvious, but once he lands they'll be moving. Then we can hit him hard and fast." Motioning to a green light that just appeared on his pad, Adenn continued. "Speaking of, that would be the fastest shuttle we have ready to take us there. Much as I'd love to shoot him out of the sky, that's not the death he deserves. And Star has cleared him to land, though the detachment and support will arrive there before he does, in time to greet him."

With his helmet off, it was clear to see that Adenn's eyes were hard as stone, but there was a dark joy that an enemy was presenting itself to him. It was also clear that Adenn wanted nothing more than to be there the second Metus arrived, to give him a proper greeting.
"If we move quickly Mand'alor, we should arrive only a short while after he arrives. And then I can finally put a bolt between his eyes." The last sentence was a quiet mutter to himself, one that showed how truly deep some scars went.

Tags:
Darth Metus Darth Metus | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind | Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Links:
Beskad Elite
Beskad Warriors

MANDALORE

Laughter filled the hold.

As Tia recounted her story, the Cagalaar was joined by the Crimson Hand. Force cylinders connected, admitting the newest of House Verd, Talohn Atar Talohn Atar , and his Foundling, to join those seated about the matriarch's feet. The smiling faces were more than she could ask for. It was all that mattered - family. When the little one raced to the front, Tia beamed and waved back with just as much vigor. "Well hello sugar! What's your name?" she asked. Damsy Callat Damsy Callat was kind enough to then offer the little one a seat beside her.

For Isley, the fact that his daughter had agreed to come meant the world to him. They had their differences. Their tough spots. Hell, he was far from the greatest parent in the Galaxy. But, he tried. In his mind, the fact that she came...he assumed that meant she understood. He wasn't forgiven, not by a long shot. But understood.

"I ever tell y'all about the time Isley got booted out of preschool?"

"Ma, please!" came his protest, alive with several chuckles.

The temperature in the room was that the story should be told, so he relented by raising his hands. His smile did not waver for an instant. Not as she began the embarrassing story. Not when the vibration in his pocket drew his attention. Producing his micro-datapad, a missive from home was awaiting him. Specifically, the group channel shared between the Vicelord and his Exarchs.

[ Master, is this trip wise? ]

[ It's dumb as hell if you ask me. ]

[ What if they try something? ]

He chuckled and typed out a simple response before stowing the device back whence it came.

[ Relaaaax, they're not Australis. I'm sure they're reasonable. ]

If he was wrong? Well, they didn't call Srina the Dread Queen for nothing.

"Now, Isley was a fresh little man. I don't know where he got it - and given how many grandbabies I have he never lost it. But back when he was teeny tiny, he got caught smooching some girlie behind the bushes. Had to be, what, five years old? Well her papa wasn't having it and they booted my boy clean out that daycare. You know how hard it was to find a spot for him after that?"

"I can't help it ma, I'm a slut by design."

For daring to use the word slut, he earned a well earned bop on the head. More laughter. As for the Cagalaar itself? The Droid pilot complied with the direction given below. A slow descent occured - and whilst steering it chirped to everyone:

"Please remain inside the ship until cleared to disembark. Thank you."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar , Aselia Verd Aselia Verd , Darth Miseria, Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol , Damsy Callat Damsy Callat , Redd Redd , Shalita Verd Shalita Verd , Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind , Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

Shal-Top.jpg
CLAN VERD

Equipment: Redwolf Armour | Taozin Amulet | Nether Scythes | Obsidian Lightsaber | Generic Throwing Daggers
Tags:
Darth Metus Darth Metus | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind | Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

Shalita was against the whole idea and in fact, when her brother had approached her about it, the assassin had specified that it was an unnecessary risk. One that no assassin would take unless it made logical sense. This one was based upon family and sometimes, even Shalita struggled to uphold the Mandalorian way of living. Except, she was fast finding out that her own roots that she had laid upon Dosuun, was beginning to have an effect. One that instead of placing distance between her and others, she was more likely to attend such frivolous and potentially dangerous excursions. This was a risk, but although she would have normally not bothered with it, the pale woman had decided to accompany them instead. It was better that she protect them now, rather than find out later, that things had taken a turn for the worst and she hadn’t been there to stop it.

Still her mind was not in the room where the woman’s form was casually leaned back against a darkened wall, with her arms crossed over her chest. No, her mind was with a lover that no one knew of and she found that her thoughts always strayed to the blonde haired beauty whenever she had too much time on her hands. Like now. Icy blue eyes watched those that boarded the ship from her darkened corner and listened to the tales that Tia spoke of. Tales that Shalita knew nothing about, for she had only met the man when he had been a full grown adult and she too had been adopted by Petra. Such things had sounded insane to her back then, but quite often she was finding that family meant doing crazy things. Quite like what they were doing now as many members, including her brother’s daughter, sat at the old woman’s feet as she recalled stories.

The whole scene was far too relaxed for her liking and in her opinion left them open to an attack. They were flying to Mandalore, right into the open jaws of the Mandalorian Union. Foolish as the thought was, the cold woman could appreciate the sentiment at least from a distance. For her relationship with the good doctor hadn’t changed her that much. A little bit, but not a lot. For the assassin and the good doctor had something very much in common. Both had put aside their feelings and pursued a life dedicated to their work. If it hadn’t been for Shalita’s ill timed amnesia, the two might never have found and learned to develop such intimate feelings for each other. The variables had been endless and almost impossible that they would have crossed paths. It was such a slim chance that even she might have said that fate had a hand in it. However, assassin’s didn’t believe in fate and they also didn’t believe in coincidences.

At that precise moment, she heard the droid’s voice and Shalita slowly moved to stand straight from her leaning position against the wall. Icy blue eyes shifted towards Isley for a moment and she shook her head. ’Something is not right,’ She said through a telepathic link to her brother so then not to cause alarm to the rest of the room. With slow deliberate movements, her gaze shifted to view the others for a moment as the assassin drew upon and channeled the force. Such a thing was quite effortless as her form seemed to almost shimmer and then fade from eye sight into the darkness that the light couldn’t chase away. The pale woman had cloaked herself in shadows; to hide her form from sight so then should an attack occur, the woman could strike from the shadows that she had so tirelessly worked upon ever since she had started down her current path. Mastery of the shadows had come at a steep price and it had been a price that she was more than happy to pay at the time.​
YushaBot.png

gavin-bird-ram-bg-Head-Only400.png

LIFE
Gear: Beskar'gam

Mandalore.

What was this world supposed to mean to a Mandalorian who had never touched its soil? He'd never played in the fields or crafted his Beskar'gam on the planet's surface. Returning to this world was nothing more than sentimental bullchit as far as Haastal was concerned. But they were not here for Haastal or even for Isley. They were here because it was time to be here, they were here for Tia. The woman was something of an enigma to Haastal. He'd never had a mother worth mentioning, yet she was as close as his life had allowed. It was a shame it was only a few spare years that he'd enjoyed her presence.

He was not with the others. He had remained in the cargo hold, inspecting and polishing his Beskar'gam while the sudden traces of laughter fell from the main hold. His rag polished over his blaster pistol as his mind lingered to another time, not so long ago.

Haastal had just recently been named a Mandalorian and in short order Isley had insisted they visit his mother before returning home. Haas thought that was a ridiculous request, but he knew Mandalorians were all about family so it was to be expected. When Isley and Haastal arrived, Isley greeted his mother and introduced Haastal Verd II, the man who was to replace Tia's lost son, Haastal Verd I. The older woman had been cooking that morning, the kitchen filling with spice and the smell of beef. It had brought a watering to the man's mouth and he approached a large, delicious pot in the center of her kitchen. His hand went to the spoon beside the pot and no sooner than he picked it up-

Crack!

A wooden spoon had broken against the back of his head.

He still had the scar.

The woman had stunned him. Causing him to turn and find a snickering Isley with a small, demanding woman before him. He was confused more than he was angry, but the woman quickly made the corrections. Wait for the right time, wash his hands, and say his words properly. Then, he would be entitled to as much as he could stomach.

Haastal remembered the day vividly, bringing his hand back up to the scar he earned from the woman that day. In the cargo hold, he chuckled at the thought before shaking his head. "Crazy old woman." He muttered, something close to sadness coming from his tone. She was leaving soon.

He'd miss her.

He tossed the rag against a nearby crate before exhaling. In a quick flash of rage he swung his armored boot, slamming it into the side of the crate with a mad fury. He exhaled, quickly regaining himself before tucking his blaster pistol into his holster. He left the cargo hold and the dent he'd left in one of the plasteel crates. There was another matter entirely on Haastal's mind. Something he'd needed to discuss with Isley, but the opportunity hadn't presented itself before now. He walked up the stairs from the cargo hold and saw the form of his brother, watching as the older woman told her stories. Haastal slapped the man on the shoulder before leaning against the door frame.

Haastal cleared his throat before looking to the man. "Lotta trouble goin' to Mandalore like this." He said softly to where only his brother could hear him. "They start shit we may have to blast our way out." Isley already knew this. Haastal's gaze came to his brother before he crossed his arms over his chest. "So uh- I got a question about somethin'."

"What happens when Mandalorians have kids?" He asked, with his usual dose of bluntness. "Redd's knocked up and uh...she's freakin' out about it." He wondered if Isley may have suspected it. Morning sickness had gripped Redd Redd almost the entire ship, leaving her in their room for quite a while, of course anyone could pass it off as a stomach bug. He held his fingers up, two of them to show just how many children were growing in his mate's belly. "We're gonna need some help." He admitted.

House-Verd.png

Seemes star was not heading alone, as the hover platform began to reach her location a detachment of supercommandos AND beskad elite had reached her. The commandos she had expected but it seemed her ba'buir had been informed of the arrival of Darth Metus Darth Metus , sighing she hoped Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind could keep her father in law in line while this all transpired, however she knew his pain as well and shared some hate but at the same time she wished to move past the hate and anger to hopefully forge a new tie. Sighing to herself she spoke

I want everyone's weapons in check, do NOT raise your blaster unless they fire first, if I see a blaster raised without command or firing back I swear to feth I will ensure your on maintenance duty for a whole month and I'll find the worst stuff that needs cleaning

She was stern in her threat, boarding the hover platform and nodded for them to begin off towards the landing area which had been cleared of ships by this point, star hoped that violence wouldn't break out. The vicelord was coming for a reason that prompted a very small party...something that already was on stars radar...closing her eyes she let her senses extend out and could feel a few other force users, she quickly retracted her senses and let a breath out when the platform began to slow. Grabbing her comm she spoke directly to the droid piloting the landing ship

proceed to landing area A4-2, have the crew prepare for a boarding party for standard security checks before departure from the ship

She was recieving reports of mobilization from adenn forces, she fidgeted and glanced to the beskad elite before turning back to the landing area and now waited for them to land and open up for her group to enter

"Try now" told Kragr as he adjusted some of the systems in his Titan armour. A smile spread when the Titan-powered up almost completely silently as Kreslin's message come through. "Power down," said the gingered Mandalorian, which instantly made the Titan armour to power down and lock itself again. Listening to Mand'alor's message, he turned to his crew who had helped him with his Titan.

"The big Mand'alor calls, I gotta go" commented Kragr and walked over to a table and picked up his helmet and headed for the already lowered ramp of his VT-Gundark Class Heavy Freighter. Standing at the top of the ramp, Kragr looked at his helmet with darkness over his eyes, remembering back to his destroyed home and parents who were hanged by The Betrayer's men. Shaking the stain of death and fire from his thought, Kragr placed his helmet back on his head and stepped into the role of the Black Hand again blasting towards Mand'alor's location by jetpack.

It didn't take long and not long after, he would enter the halls of Mand'alor, passing many vods saluting the recently promoted Black Hand of the Mand'alor. Kragr would quickly see Supercommandos of the Red Hand, which told Kragr that this was more serious than he initially expected. Passing the Supercommandos, the Black hand entered his Mand'alor's quarters, seeing Adenn alright standing there.

It didn't take long for Mand'alor to join them and Adenn to drown Kreslin in information and plan of attack. Kragr, however, was much quieter as he stood to the side, crossed arms and waited for Kreslin to speak. Kragr didn't know much of the Vicelord of the CIS, other than reputation. Unless Kreslin straight out ordered Kragr to blow the Vicelord to pieces or the Vicelord attacked Mandalore, Kragr wasn't up in arms, yet

After Adenn finished his speech, Kragr looked to Kreslin, "Orders Mand'alor?" Asked Kragr.

Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

MANDALORE
When Shuklaar thought he'd return to the sector, it didn't believe for a moment that it would be to the scarred, damned world that their way of life was spawned on. Manda'yaim. It should've given him joy to come here, but it didn't. It harkened of a dark times past, where shabuire who ruled over the Mandalore system made a lot of stupid shabla decisions that caused the absolute osik'la mess that was the sector's recent history. The only system that held any real significance for him was a short jump away, and really, home didn't quite feel like home right now.
Today wasn't about him, however. He was, technically, here to help Darth Metus Darth Metus . Shuklaar had two reasons for being part of the trip to Mandalore; one, clan Kyrdol was a part of House Verd, and two, he'd be a complete and utter di'kute of Mythosaur-like proportions if he let the Vicelord of the Confederacy go alone to Mandalore given what had transpired the last time. His sources on the matter hadn't skipped out any of the details, and for that reason, he was taking no chances. Ideally, the Mandalorian Union, the latest collection of poor shabuire to shed their tal for the planet, would let them go about their task without getting in their way or causing much if any trouble at all. It paid to be prepared, however, so he'd brought just about every weapon at his disposal with him.
Any doubts he had left about the overzealousness of the Mandalorian Union were quickly and surely assuaged when he'd heard their landing instructions. Though he had to give Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali credit for how well put together this ship was, it was no warship. They weren't going to be fighting the whole lot of shabuire if they decided to open fire. They'd be running, or more accurately, shooting their way out. He'd been tempted to use the ship's long range comms to raise Nyles, or Ruus or Ran. Ret'lini, of course. Not that it mattered, they were all too far to respond if it all went to haran in any case. For better or for worse, they were on their own.
There was no point to being contracted to the CIS if he couldn't get personally involved when the situation called for it. He'd hardly be able to tell others to risk their lives for the Confederacy if he wasn't willing to step up and help watch their alor's back if he couldn't do it himself. The reason, too, was something he could most certainly get behind. The Vicelord's buir wanted to live her last years on the planet, now that some degree of normalcy had returned to it. He'd probably ask the same of whichever poor di'kute had the displeasure of dealing with him in those days. To say the least, he certainly empathized.
Glancing around the bay, Shuk didn't quite feel like he didn't belong, but he knew he wasn't exactly the first choice for anyone present to strike up a conversation with. With that floating around his head, he just waited. Waited for whatever came next. Whether that was idle threats, posturing, a firefight or Manda shabla forbid and actual reasonable discussion, remained to be seen.

When Kreslin finally reached his quarters, he armor had been fully donned. The red armorweave cloak over his right side shifted as the cold air constantly flowing through the chambers caught it. Unlike the rest of the Hall of Honor, or the entire Bastion of Steel for that matter, Kreslin's quarters were kept close to freezing temperature. For those from Recluse like Clan Westwind, the freezing air was far more comfortable than the humid air that came from the forest surrounding the Bastion.

Nodding to first Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud and then Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt Kreslin moved across the chamber. He came first to stand in front of his Red Hand, the highest ranking military commander in the Union beside the Mand'alor. He stood unmoving as Adenn laid out the details of their preparations and precaution for the coming meeting. The only movement that came from Kreslin was the slightest tilting of his head to the side, as he caught just the feintest idea of the suppressed feelings the warrior before him was feeling. "You have done well, my Red Hand. Your rapid reaction and preparation for the defense of Manda'yaim is to be commended."

Kreslin took a step closer to Adenn then, coming within inches of the war leader, lowering his own voice. "They are not to be harmed, Adenn. Until they have shown their true colors, they are to be considered civilians. I have not forgotten what the Confederacy has done to our people, but I will not give them an excuse to use against us." Kreslin let his words hang in the air for a moment before nodding to the warrior, turning away and walking across the room towards his Black Hand, his bodyguard and personal champion.

"We shall take the shuttle to this meeting, as you say Adenn. However, once we arrive, you will not step out of the shuttle. You will go to meet with the rapid response force you have prepared and await further orders. If this should escalate in the direction you desire, I would prefer my best general as close to our forces to take direct command while I am indisposed." The subtle hint that Kreslin would not risk a confrontation between Adenn and Metus was likely not lost on any in the room, though Kreslin did not wait or give a chance for response before continuing.

"Kragr, my Black Hand, you shall personally accompany me to the meeting. If things should escalate quickly, your armor will provide us an edge we need to hold the line. Otherwise, you are there to keep the peace between our forces. No one is to attack without my order to do so. Do what you must. Now, let us depart." Kreslin reached up and beat his armored fist against Kragr's armored bulk, an afterthought more than anything else as he led the small party towards the shuttle that had been called for them. Just as they were about to board the craft, a thought crossed his mind. Opening a direct line to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae in the field, he relayed her specific instruction he could trust her to know how to handle.

Darth Metus Darth Metus Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Haastal Haran Haastal Haran Shalita Verd Shalita Verd Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

YwqjUnZ.png

MANDALORE
Equipment: Beskar’gam | Obsidian Lightsaber
Tags: Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol | Haastal Haran Haastal Haran | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud | Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind | Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Redd was indeed experiencing morning sickness, but as the pregnancy moved on; the sickness had started to settle. It was more or less nerves that she felt, especially when surrounded by those she didn’t know. The wolf was protective of its young and as such, every fibre of her being was on constant high alert when surrounded by others that she didn’t know. So she hid, in the room that Haastal and herself shared. The wolf was also partly homesick, for she missed her parents and not for the first time, wished that her mother was here. Which made this particular trip all the more harder, for they were transporting someone that was dear to Haastal; someone who she figured was a bit like a mother figure to him. Which meant Redd didn’t want to even get close enough to her to develop a bond of some kind, for the red wolf always felt as if she was always losing people.

She felt as if she was surrounded by death. That if someone were to get close to her, then they would be unlucky and experience death. It made her feel uneasy and not in the slightest human. For each day that passed, she felt the wolf extremely close to the skin and she knew that she would need to go for a run soon. A hunt, to satisfy the bloodlust that burned within and simply enjoy the call of the wild. At least for a few hours. Maybe she might get Haastal to come along and they can do a tag team. Bring down one or two beasts so then they can enjoy them later?

In any case, the droid’s voice came through and the woman frowned. Was that normal procedure? The woman questioned and proceeded to don her Beskar’gam. Surprisingly, even though she was beginning to show, the armour accommodated the slight bump. Although, she also didn’t expect anyone to notice because it wasn’t at all a great big difference. Only those in the know might be able to tell and even then it might be a little difficult and for that, she was somewhat greatful. The last thing that she wanted people to do, was treat her as if she couldn’t defend herself. That would potentially annoy the wolf far more than actually being pregnant. As frustrating as that was in and of itself. Redd wasn’t a delicate flower, she was a feral wolf.

With that thought in mind, the wolf left the room and traversed into the room where everyone had gathered. Upon seeing Haastal with the Vicelord, the woman hesitated for a moment and shifted from her right foot to her left. With all the people that seemed gathered in that one room, the uneasy feeling was quick to return and her golden eyes shifted to see a single man standing on his own in the bay; a man that she recognised from a previous mission. So, after a moment of hesitation, she soon found herself crossing over to the man known as Shuklaar and stood beside him feeling rather awkward. ”Hi,” Redd said as she shifted her grip upon her buy’ce from her left hand to the right. Sometimes, she felt like a pretender, but more often than not, it was just because she was used to being alone. Working with others just didn’t come naturally to her, much like socialising.

”So, do most Mandalorians come here to die?” She asked as she shifted her buy’ce from her right to left hand again as she felt the wolf within yearn to shift and shake free of all of the social nonsense. For now, however much she felt like she was on the outside, she would try. At least, she would for her mate, Haastal.​

fire.png

Eliz shouldn't be here. Shouldn't even know what was going on. He'd been doing his usual not stalking of the Mand'alor to better learn what it meant to hold that title when he heard it. Confederacy. That's what the buzz was all about? All the more reason for him to go see those of house Verd. He didn't know them, but he heard of them. He and his sister were born under the bombs of the CIS invasion. His mother was lost to those wars. But not to these Mandalorians.

If his mother had been slain by Mandalorians, he would consider it honorable. Being slaughtered by the Sith's betrayal was not.

So he stuck to the shadows, using his simple cloaking device to stay out of sight. He wanted to see the people who christened his birth with fire and war.

Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Facing his Mand'alor, Kragr silently listened to Kreslin explain things and would return the gesture with his own armoured fist. Following Kreslin, Kragr would comm back to his ship, "start-up the ship and keep close to my position. I want the Titan powered and primed" ordered Kragr, before closing the comm again. Walking through the halls, the cold was, funnily enough, one of Kragr's favourite things being in the Mand'alor's home.

As they entered the shuttle, Kragr would check his weapons and systems and overall acting as if this was any other mission. He was not about to get sloppy now. Sitting down in one of the seats in the shuttle, Kragr removed his helmet, revealing the wild mane of fiery orange hair and beard. Holding his helmet between his hands, the Black Hand fell quiet as the shuttle made its way to its destination.

Sometimes Kragr could still hear his father's voice when looking at the expressionless facade of his helmet. "Remember son, do not be sad for how they died but remember them for how they lived", that was one of his father's lessons, which Kragr repeated in his head multiple times "partaylir ad, vaabir dar cuyir trikar'la par pehea val ru'ash'amur a partaylir them par pehea val oyacyir". It was a lesson he learned from a very young age, which now seemed to haunt him, ever since the destruction of his clan and the loss of his parents.

Kragr sat in his own thoughts for the whole flight to their dropdown zone and the moment the shuttle would touchdown, Kragr was back again to reality when his helmet on, ready to follow his Mand'alor to the ends of the universe if that was his will.

Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Last edited:
To Adenn, the cold of the Mand'alors room was as much a wakeup call as the warmth would be to Kreslin. He never let it physically bother him, but he was more used to the warmth than he was the cold. Afterall, his planet constantly spewed warmth into its atmosphere. Now though, now he had bigger thoughts on his mind than a bit of cold. Cold that didn't bother him unless he let it.

Upon receiving a reply from Kreslin, Adenn simply nodded his head. It was his duty after all, and he would always do it well. However, when Kreslin stepped closer and continued, Adenn didn't blink at the sudden, close proximity. His eyes merely hardened at what was said. In most cases, this was sensible, but with such old enemies, Adenn always wanted to be safe. But that burning desire, the fire of war itself, was tempered with the knowledge that such thinking had damned countless to death. All for vague excuses, paltry half baked ones. And it was further tempered by the direct order of the Mand'alor. Bringing a closed fist above his heart, a salute and a promise, Adenn responded with all honesty after the moment of silence passed.
"By my word, we won't strike first, but we will be watching for the first sign of treachery." Dropping his hand, Adenn's voice was laced with anger as his eyes flashed with bitter memories. "Clan Mortui knows well what excuses they make to justify themselves, and they will find none today, or ever again from us. From me."

Then Kreslin moved and gave Adenn news he was less than happy with. Eyes narrowing with quiet anger at that, Adenn was given no chance to retort before Kreslin was speaking to Kragr. Removing his helmet from his belt, Adenn slid it wordlessly onto his helmet, hiding his visage behind its T-visor. Adenn didn't want a war, but he didn't forget nor forgive easily, and was all the more ready for war as a result. Given no room yet to broach his disagreement, Adenn simply opened a communication line with the Beskad Warriors and Supercommandos with Stardust.

They gave him information he already suspected, ones that left a bitter taste he was all too familiar with. Confirming the orders as also coming from the Mand'alor, the Mandalorians there did what Star commanded of them. The Supercommandos and Beskad Warriors were already following Star's orders, but the Beskad Warriors took orders from Adenn far better. And that was nothing compared to the Beskad Elite who only took orders from Adenn, no other could command them. Said Beskad Elite were in the shuttle with Kreslin, Kragr, and Adenn, traveling as another layer of security for Kreslin indirectly, and Adenn directly.

Turning to them, Adenn gave them a few, succinct orders.
"First out, standard VIP formation, we don't start anything. Weapons and shields down, but be ready to move should it be needed." Their orders were taken well, at least to those who didn't know them well. And only Adenn and they knew each other well enough to know they all felt the same disquiet, but they would all follow orders. That said, they would be well suited for the role. Each of them was a small giant, easily towering over most thanks to their large armor. And they could take a punishment based on armor alone, but their shields further helped that.

Turning to Kreslin, Adenn made a last ditch plea, hoping the Mand'alor would see some sense.
"Mand'alor, I ask that you reconsider and allow me to remain there. Our forces have good leaders, otherwise they wouldn't be in command. I don't desire another battle with these... visitors, but I would be far more useful if I were there to react directly should things take a turn for the worse." Gazing directly at Kreslin then, Adenn made one final, wholeheartedly truthful statement. "On my word, my honor, and whatever else you require, I shall not start any conflict or confrontation this day. I simply ask, Mand'alor Kreslin Westwind, that I be allowed to be there, to watch and only intervene should it be required or you ask it."

Tags:
Darth Metus Darth Metus | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Kreslin Westwind Kreslin Westwind | Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Redd Redd | Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol | Haastal Haran Haastal Haran

Links:
Beskad Elite
Beskad Warriors
Shields

Last edited:
Something is wrong. That's what runs through the cathar's mind as he hears the announcement for them to wait in the ship. He always felt when something wasn't right, ever so slightly. His upper eyebrow twitches without fail, and he can feel a pit in his stomach. He's glad he brought the mule shotgun with him, and the lightsaber, both hidden in his coat. But he would likely head to get his armor should things get anymore dicey. For now, he needed to make sure people were smiling all around. The cathar makes his way over to Metus, and if able to gain the house leader's attention, he'll speak up. As he speaks, he scratches the side of his head, a nervous tic. "I believe this'll be the first time we've met. Damsy recruited me. Though...." He looks a tad more serious now. "Not everything is shipshape. I can feel it, introductions will have to wait. I'm gonna focus on keeping my kid unafraid and uh....putting smiles on faces. But if anything else goes wrong, I'm ready to get the vulnerable folks out of here in a flash." He bows his head slightly. "Pleasure to meet ya boss." With that, he heads back to the place where people are mainly gathered at the party. Perhaps Metus would sense it, Talohn's presence in the force. Untrained, but it's there.

While Talohn steps aside to speak with Metus, Monari continues her conversation with grandma Tia. "Name's Monari. I'll move now." She then turns about, scurrying over to sit down beside Damsy just as she had invited, content now to listen to the story. Madlad is his usual self, leaning on the wall silently, not really speaking unless spoken to.

It's then that Talohn returns from speaking with Metus, hurries his way over to stand by the two boxes he and Madlad had brought in. Looking about the room, he raises a brow. "So uh, anyone hungry? I brought food, made it myself, it's a curry recipe from my clan back on Cathar." He grins, pressing a button to open the box, and allowing that pleasant aroma to fully drift out into the room. It smiles like a mixture of sweet and spicy. The first box has two platters, one filled with rice and the other full of the orange colored curry. He taps a button to open that second box, and takes out a bowl. Using two separate ladles, he scoops some curry into one half of the bowl, and rice into the other half. He then holds up the bowl. "You get first bowl if you want any." He smiles, addressing Tia. It was only respectful that she got some first. "Oh, wait." He takes a spoon out of the bowl box and puts it in the bowl of curry. "There we go. So...anyone hungry?"

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Darth Metus Darth Metus Redd Redd Haastal Haran Haastal Haran Shalita Verd Shalita Verd

Last edited:

Zephyr Krayt

Z

The news had travelled quickly and the Mandalorians were as quick to mobilise. They didn't yet know the nature of the visit from the disgraced clan so they needed to implore caution, though they may be able to retain some civility if neither side was too hasty to attack. While Darth Metus was a traitor to a cause that had cost Mandalore many lives, Zephyr held his loyalty and obedience to his people in higher regard than any personal grievances.

Zephyr had been training nearby when when he was summoned; such training that was sorely needed by the Mandalorian whose melee abilities were lacking. While he had proven his worth through his sniper skills, hand-to-hand combat was needed to supplement his training as he didn't always have the luxury of being far from the action. However, now there was a far more important matter at hand so the group were quick to abandon previous engagements.

Once the group reached Star, they awaited orders and were met with a threat if they were to attack prematurely. The situation was a delicate one so a few nodded their heads understandingly before acting on their orders and heading in the direction they were given where they waited for the ship: armed and alert but not hostile... yet.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Darth Metus Darth Metus

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

MANDALORE
Shuklaar was so absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn't notice Redd Redd till she spoke. He was vaguely aware that she'd only recently adopted the Mandalorian way of life, and it showed to someone like him. That, however, wasn't to say that she was doing anything wrong as far as Mandalorian culture went, as general a statement as that was. These days it felt like there was always some shabuir you'd end up pissing off no matter what you did. That was one of the reasons that he avoided most of the members of the Confederacy's Karjr if he could help it.
" Su'cuy," he said in response, inclining his head in greeting. She followed her greeting up with a question, which prompted a moment of thought before he was able to answer it. It occurred to him that there were multiple ways that question could be taken. It seemed that in the recent past Mandalorians had indeed returned to Manda'yaim to die. That had been the question he'd asked himself when the Sith came. Was he prepared to die for Manda'yaim? To bear the weight of their mistakes for the vain hope that they'd be able to turn the tide of that battle. For what? For the very same shabuire who'd have killed him and his for not following the word of that shabuir of a pretender, Cadera? Or the chaavla demagolka chaakar that came after?
No. He firmly believed he'd made the right decision. The path to where they were now was paved with the dead, but they died believing in a stable future for those they left behind. For a future for the clans of Breshig, for a home free from the threat of siege of its neighbors. Men and women who should've been their vode, but the zeal of their extremist beliefs driving them to not only turn away from the wisdom of the SuperCommmando codex, but also from basic decency to their fellow Mando'ade. Most importantly, their vode had died believing in a home free from the predations of that chaakar Carnifex and his ilk. Now that they had that home, Mandalore meant almost nothing to him.
Armed with that conviction bought by the momentary plunge into the haze of memories that made up the start of their ba'slan shev'la, Shuklaar began to answer her question. "Most Mandalorians don't get to choose where they die." Manda'yaim had called many of her ade home to die, to shed their tal for the planet. Whether the planet was worth the lives shed, or the suffering endured for, was another question entirely. "In times past, I'm sure many came to see Manda'yaim with their own eyes before they passed to the Manda. Now? Now, it's not quite so simple, I imagine." He sighed, frowning in thought in the privacy of his buy'ce. "It's about as good a time as any to see Manda'yaim, best time you could ask for, really. Of all the shabuire that came and went in recent times, it seems these have their head on right. I just hope they don't prove me wrong."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom