Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ajunta-class StarFortress

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdUXeyz.jpg

wCTzNFa.png

axldTFS.png

I40wnfD.png

37y3ZsY.png

BWbHGrs.png

8Bs48wF.png

• Field Disruptor Bypasses Shields
  • Extreme Armament
  • Very High Defenses
yYDpyZW.png

• Activating Field Disruptor Disables Fighter Shields
  • Low Speed
  • Very Low Maneuverability
vyI8KM4.png

Named after the first Dark Lord of the Sith, Ajunta Pall, the Ajunta-class StarFortress was the ultimate expression of destructive potential confined in the shape of a starfighter. Nearly large enough to be considered a corvette, the StarFortress was a mobile weapon platform and strategic bomber used to attack heavily defended military installations or indiscriminately bomb civilian targets such as cities and other urban centers.
The Ajunta's weapon systems were extensive; six medium paired repeating laser cannons mounted near the cockpit and aft sections, four heavy laser cannon turrets mounted on the ventral and dorsal hull, eight PDS-63 anti-missile emplacements, two anti-starfighter cluster missile launchers, and two modular bomb bays which could be outfitted to drop a wide range of munitions. The most dangerous of these munitions were pathogenic warheads loaded with IH-COC-8, more commonly known as Deathmist.
A pilot and a co-pilot were required to operate the StarFortress, although they could be substituted with specialized drone brains if needed. At total operational efficiency, both the pilot and the co-pilot directed the Ajunta while a team of four gunners and two bombardiers manipulated the StarFortress' weapon systems. A combination of droid brains supplemented the crew, increasing systems efficiency. A powerful hyperdrive allowed the Ajunta to maneuver through hyperspace and perform calculated microjumps that were incredibly accurate. A backup hyperdrive allowed the Ajunta to continue to use hyperspace even when the primary hyperdrive was disabled or destroyed.
The Ajunta was equipped with an energy shield that protected the craft from conventional energy, solar ionization energy, ionic energy, and physical particulates. The energy shield was simultaneously polarized to allow the Ajunta's weapon systems to bypass through the interior of the shield while keeping anything from bypassing the exterior of the shield.
Perhaps the most important aspect of the Ajunta was its Field Disruptor system. This system, when activated, allowed the Ajunta to physically bypass deflector shields of capital ships and planets to attack them directly. However, when the Field Disruptor system was activated it deactivated the Ajunta's shielding, rendering the craft vulnerable to enemy fire until deactivated. The Field Disruptor system also could not bypass non-conventional shieldings like molecular shields and xythan force shields.

1/19/2020
  • Fixed Formatting
  • Changed Materials
  • Changed Squadron Count
  • Changed Speed
  • Added MGLT
  • Added Maximum Atmospheric Speed
  • Added Engine Units
  • Added Primary Power Plant
  • Added Secondary Power Plant
  • Added Passengers
  • Added Crew Complement (Optimal)
  • Added Crew Complement (Skeletal)
  • Added Escape Craft
  • Added Cargo Capacity
  • Added Consumables
  • Changed Standard Features
  • Changed Advanced Systems
11/2/2020
  • Changed Manufacturer
  • Changed Materials
  • Removed MGLT
  • Removed Maximum Atmospheric Speed
  • Removed Engine Units
  • Removed Primary Power Plant
  • Removed Secondary Power Plant
  • Removed Passengers
  • Removed Crew Complement (Optimal)
  • Removed Crew Complement (Skeletal)
  • Removed Escape Craft
  • Removed Cargo Capacity
  • Removed Consumables
  • Added Hyperdrive
  • Removed No Hyperdrive Weakness
2/17/2021
  • Changed Intent
  • Changed Permissions
  • Changed Primary Source
  • Changed Manufacturer
  • Changed Affiliation
  • Added Market Status
  • Changed Production
  • Changed Material
  • Changed Classification
  • Edited Armaments
  • Edited Defenses
  • Changed Squadron Count
  • Edited Hyperdrive
  • Removed Hyperdrive Rating
  • Changed Advanced Systems
  • Changed Strengths
  • Changed Weaknesses
  • Rewrote Description
5/31/2023
  • Edited Intent
  • Changed Affiliation
  • Changed Production
  • Added Minimum Crew Complement
  • Added Optimal Crew Complement
  • Edited Armament
  • Edited Defenses
  • Edited Squadron Count
  • Edited Speed
  • Added Exoatmospheric Realspace Speed
  • Added Atmospheric Speed
  • Added Hyperdrive Rating
  • Added Secondary Hyperdrive Rating
  • Edited Standard Features
  • Edited Advanced Systems
  • Edited Description

Last edited:
Darth Carnifex said:
Armament: Extreme [6] Medium Paired Repeating Laser Cannons [4] Heavy Dual Laser Cannon Turrets [4] Missile Launchers Anti-Starfighter Cluster Missiles Long Range Proton Torpedoes Short Range Gravity Warheads [2] Modular Bomb Bays Advanced Proton Bombs Advanced Spread Proton Bombs Electro-Proton Bombs Blazer Bombs Flame Carpet Warheads Broadcap Bombs Force Breaking Cluster Bombs Pathogenic Bombs
While this has an extreme armament rating and is nearly the size of the corvette, this is really a lot of weapons here. Just in terms of guns alone, we're talking about the equivalent of 40 laser cannons. This does not include what I imagine is very considerable amount of ordinance. If you'll cut the gun count to around a third of what it is currently. Alternatively, you could reduce ordinance.

Darth Carnifex said:
Defenses: Very High Triple-layer Deflector Shields Reinforced Hull Electronic Countermeasures
What kind of Electronic countermeasures are we seeing here (sensor jamming, comm jamming, sensor decoys, slicing, etc)?

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex - As this was a simple modification, and the ratings are balanced - the only thing that is going to grind the re-approval process to a halt is the Standard Features section. Plagiarism isn't tolerated in the Factory, and I knew I recognized that verbiage and layout from somewhere. For posterity's sake - I will be linking my Standard Features list from the Defender II submission made by a subaccount of mine. Yes, this submission's list is slightly whittled down in comparison to mine, due in part to the absence of some terms and labels, but because of the order in which they're listed and how similar these two lists are - it's far too close to lean any other way.

Therefore, in order for this submission to be approved, I will require you to rewrite the Standard Features section so that it's not a marginally altered copy/paste iteration of my submission.

Please @mention me when the edits have been made.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

I'd ask how you intend to fit twelve massive bombers in a single squadron... but I don't really care. Hangar Space's an abstraction anyway. Nice work overall, though for future reference I'd probably include the question in your Permission screenshots, not just the answer.​

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom