Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Va-Va-Veradune, GA Gains Another Boon | GA Dominion of Veradune Hex

"Jedi don't show off. Though, don't hold back in showing them what you can do if you're asked. I hear some of them can turn into animals after all."
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna raised an eyebrow. "You don't call what happened on Cathar showing off? You were taunting that Mando the whole fight." She let out a snort, before looking back to the group. "Well, if we are going around sharing our abilities, I've always been a bit of an elementalist..."

She held out a hand, wind swirling and...singing. The wind whistled with the sound of birds, Jonyna letting the wind spool out and fall back to it's natural state.

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Vulpesen Vulpesen Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

SWRP_Headers.jpg

FLOWING FORWARDS - PEERING BACKWARDS
WILDER GROVE VERADUNE
Vulpesen Vulpesen Loomi Loomi Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Cailen Corso Cailen Corso
Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

VVVDHjr.png

Entering the grove, Tobias Perris could feel the stark difference between this place and the last new world he had set foot on: Selvaris had been choked with death and suffering and weighed him down - Silas Westgard Silas Westgard had helped him get through the experience and he looked up to the Knight - but Veradune teemed with verdant life, a much more peaceful-feeling environment. And this wasn’t a mission; many of the Jedi present were here to establish a rapport with the Wilders. To learn from them and for them to learn in kind.

Toby had linked up with Cora as soon as he’d spotted her, and now he’d recognized another familiar face when he looked around at the Jedi present - the girl with the antennae, standing near another guy he didn't recognise - Cailen Corso Cailen Corso . He knew he’d seen Loomi at the charity concert where he’d gotten to see Sithspit and met Lily Decoria Lily Decoria and Ceri Fraissi Ceri Fraissi , but never got an introduction to the Godoan at the time, whereas he’d met Cora recently while visiting his Echani friend in the Healing Halls after her return from Rodia.

“Over there, Cora!” Toby pointed out the girl, and he let his feet carry him over to the Godoan, raising his arm in greeting and to get her attention when he was closer, “I saw you at the Sithspit concert on Ord Providence, yeah?” The Corellian teen sported a grin, coming to a stop by Loomi. “I’m Toby," then he looked at Cailen, tipping his chin up at the other guy, "hey, are you a padawan too?"

SWRP_Headers.jpg

GAPostBreaker.png

“This place is beautiful!” Cailen said, breathing in deeply and holding the air inside for a moment. It was certainly much better than the stale air aboard that worm-infested ship, and he thought Loomi Loomi would agree.

He turned to his winged friend and smiled. Cailen was looking forward to visiting the Wilders in particular, but any opportunity to study a new Force tradition alongside its practitioners was a rewarding experience. Besides, he’d get to spend the day with his friend. And likely others, he thought, as the rest of the Jedi arrived up ahead.

He recognized a few faces, at least; Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari was at the pools on Dagobah for Master Tiland’s lesson; Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was always recognizable given the boy’s Master was his wife; And of course, the tightness in his chest gave away Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania before he fully saw her.

They were accompanied by even more Jedi, ones Cailen didn’t know but was eager to meet.
“I’m Toby," then he looked at Cailen, tipping his chin up at the other guy, "hey, are you a padawan too?"

“Yeah! I’m Cailen,” he said with a smile. The boy clapped his hands together and rubbed them eagerly.

“I wonder what the Wilders have to teach us. I’m sure they have some interesting techniques!”

Juno Volante

J

OBJECTIVE FOUR - METIS DISCOVERY
SWRP_Headers.jpg

Juno repeated her introduction to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond when he entered, and as the guests helped themselves to refreshments, she busied herself gathering some of the equipment that would be necessary to descend the mine and into the temple complex.

"A few safety measures to discuss before we go down," she told the assemblage to get their attention once all had been prepared. "Because the complex is subterranean, our normal communications channels will be spotty at best. The Historical Preservation Division has installed specialized repeaters into the dig site and the mine to allow radio communication. There are only four channels available; channel one is for emergencies, so please use it only if you require assistance. The way these headsets work, you will always be listening in on channel one, so if there is an emergency, you'll hear it, in addition to being able to speak and listen on whatever other channel you choose. You can use the other three channels however you like."

She picked up the radio headpieces and took them around, offering one to each person in attendance. There were plenty. "Not that these headsets are equipped with a locator beacon, so if you get lost or disconnected from your party, first responders will be able to locate you. As a reminder, this began as a mining operation before the temple complex was discovered; every effort has been taken to ensure the safety and stability of the area, but as I'm sure you're all aware, things happen. Please be alert, be careful, and remember to use your emergency channel if you need help."

She returned to the front of the room and activated a holomap of the dig site. "Now, to get your bearings. This is the mine shaft. We'll descend the elevator -- here." Juno pointed to each area of interest as she went through the tour. "The temple complex is here -- starting with what we've been calling the main cavern. There are several structures here which we have tentatively mapped, however, the corridors and tunnels from these areas extend and we haven't fully explored them. Of interest, perhaps, is the tunnel here -- near what appears to be a kind of workshop in the main cavern? -- which leads to a cave with evidence of rudimentary mining. The gemtstones within that cave, our scientists theorize, might be of interest to the Jedi for the purposes of constructing lightsabers. You are free to explore and collect samples if you wish, of course."

Dr. Volante paused to put her own headset on, then spread her hands broadly. "Any questions? Or are you ready to go down?"

SWRP_Headers.jpg

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Flying: T-85 X-Wing
Tag: Reima Vitalis Reima Vitalis , Teravin Arosin Teravin Arosin , Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett , Vashja Io Vashja Io , Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris , Valery Noble Valery Noble
Bri_Prof.png

Amidst the vibrant chatter of pilots, Briana Sal-Soren diligently performed her routine checks, deftly positioning her X-Wing among the other ships that'd lined up along the perimeter for the imminent contest. A manicured brow arched in response to the various challenges being thrown around, followed by a good-natured grin that was punctuated by a soft laugh as she felt that competitive Corellian fire within her being stoked.

Leaning into the taut crashwebbing that secured her to her seat, but keeping an ever vigilant eye on her viewport, Briana tapped into the shared channel. <I think you'd be surprised what a couple Jedi can do when they come out to 'play',> she quipped, the roar of engines building to an intoxicating crescendo, feeling the anticipation thrumming through the air like charged particles ready to ignite. <Just don't let your bruised egos smart too much when we leave you all choking on our exhaust fumes. Consider it a small exercise in humility.> Ever since childhood, Briana relished any chance to seize new opportunities that allowed her to push herself beyond her limits— but soaring through star-studded skies has always felt as natural to her as breathing—it was a sensation akin to unbridled bliss. Clenching and unclenching her gloved fist a few times, she let her hand come to fall loosely against the yolk. Hopefully, these pilots gave as good as their trash talk suggested.

She could use a good challenge.

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

"I-It is very pretty," Loomi noted with a nod, sort of lost in the atmosphere herself.

It was very green, more than she had ever seen growing up. There seemed to be more and more green in the galaxy the more she traveled. It was captivating when compared to the concrete hell that she had been forced to endure in her childhood. It wasn't long before some speaking broke her focus.

"O-oh, yeah," Loomi nodded to the arrival of Toby. "I was there. I'm Loomi."

Loomi would turn to the other padawan, whom she knew very well at this point. The Godoan would give a warm, though admittedly rather sheepish smile to Corazona, her antennae curling back. Cora had her own troubles, but she respected the way the older girl carried herself with maturity. She had a lot of admiration for that, even in spite of the self-destructive tendencies that came with it. Loomi was such a scatter-brained mess she wondered if she could ever reach any level of maturity.

“I wonder what the Wilders have to teach us. I’m sure they have some interesting techniques!”

"I-I don't know how good I'll be at anything," she admitted with a frown. "I'm not really a warrior..."

Toby Perris Toby Perris Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Loomi Loomi Vulpesen Vulpesen

Cora paced after Toby, steps unhurried as the boy pushed ahead towards a familiar faces. A few familiar faces, actually. A fond smile found its way onto her lips as she watched him interact with Loomi and Cailen, thoroughly enjoying the spirited energy that bubbled to the surface. She'd had a zeal like that, once – before Horace and the debacle on her homeworld.

"Loomi," She greeted the girl with warm eyes and a kindly tilt of her head. A bit of mischief sparkled in her blue gaze as she slid her attention between Toby and the Godoan. They'd met at a concert? How interesting. "It's good to see you well. And Cai…"

Their last meeting hadn't been entirely congenial; she'd told him of her impending arraigned marriage as they enjoyed tea overlooking the greenery of the Dagobah temple. He'd done his best to push through dejection and give her a pleasant stay, and Cora appreciated his kindness. Extending an arm, she placed a hand on her fellow Padawan's shoulder and squeezed, her expression creasing in gentle delight. "It is good to see you as well. And in much better circumstances."

A strong voice rang through the grove, almost ethereally aided by the Force. Cora canted her head towards its source as she listened to the brief introduction of their instructor. Though she had not meant Vulpesen personally, he'd saved her younger sister from the dark creatures that plagued a Ukatian forest. She made a mental note to thank him properly.

"Well," She sighed and brought her focus back to the anxious girl. "I suppose the important thing is that we all give ourselves a fair shot, yes? Even if any of us don't take to Wilder techniques, it is still good to be aware of them."

Cora glanced above their little group, taking in the ancient trees with their broad mossy trunks and the plant life that snaked around them.

"Provided that it does not mess up my hair."

Equipment: Lightsaber
Outfit: Jedi Attire
Companion/culprit: pip
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Ryana walked up pip had been behaving since they arrived he walked next to her as she approached the forested area she was meant to be at she hadn't seen vulpesen since he offered wilder training at coruscants temple she doubted he would remember her though. She had come a decent way with the fire he taught her that day but she was still trying to learn other abilities which was going slowly.

The young lethan noticed a crowd had already formed she was nervous that she wouldn't have as much to offer as the others did as she didn't know much but she was here to learn anything she could if that was an option. She hadn't seen this much nature ever in her life she was used to coruscant and nar shadda where buildings where common as far as they eye could see so this was a welcome change as she approached she walked up to her fellow Jedi and bowed "hopefully I'm not interrupting at all" she asked standing there pip sat down and stuck his tongue out the young racyon looked at all the Jedi around.

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers
"Any questions? Or are you ready to go down?"

New_GA1.png

"I think so..." Nir noted, taking an earpiece and tentatively tried to fit it on his very large cathar ears. It was a little awkward, the speaker barely fitting with all his fur pushing it out. He clearly would have to fiddle with it as they went down. "Any idea what kind of crystals are down there? Color, type..."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Rayia Si Rayia Si Juno Volante

SWRP_Headers.jpg

THE GOLDEN RUN

Tag: Reima Vitalis Reima Vitalis , Teravin Arosin Teravin Arosin , Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett , Vashja Io Vashja Io , Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris , Valery Noble Valery Noble
Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

Acaadi's personal Twintail

Another starfighter eased it's way into the loose collection of vessels preparing for the race. The older frame was little to look at from the outside, but the ship was a labour of love. Acaadi had been tuning to snubfighter for nearly five years.

A ship would have to come within close visual range to see all the custom components. Nobody would want to start so close to another vessel to start the race and risk an early collision.

He kept his comm tuned to the open frequency that was being used to talk about the race. The quiet mirialan listened in, but did not reply. He didn't even leave a wake through the Force of his presence.

As soon as they entered the asteroid field he would put the bare minimum power to his forward deflectors and trust the Force.

Acaadi smiled to himself and let his sensors reach into the treacherous path ahead. There was plenty of room for a small fighter between the astroids, but there were dense pockets to either avoid completely or risk cutting through.

Objective: Observe the spirits of the past
Juno Volante Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Nir Si Nir Si

Rayia gave the familiar Cathar a sympathetic look as they attempted to place the earpiece within their large, feline ears. A problem she would share, considering that she had never managed to control her beastial side enough to transform her ears into human ones. 'An all too familiar problem,' Rayia thought as she remembered forcefully pressing the plastoid seal of a breath mask to her face with her hand during a hull breach aboard one of the transport vessels she had ridden. Clearly the suppliers hadn't expected crew with larger ears. More to the immediate point however, Rayia scooped up a secondary headpiece and slid it into her pocket. After all, it was like Juno had said. Things happen, and such flimsy plastoid pieces had to be fragile.

Rayia appreciated the explanation of how the headpieces were supposed to work. Technology was sparse on Weik, and reserved for vital necessities. Rayia was unfamiliar with these earpieces. 'I don't believe any of the miners in Vossport used them either. Maybe I should... take them after we're done," Rayia thought as she remembered her time as a Trade's Guild apprentice. 'Imagine being able to find each other underground,' she thought. Then Rayia skirted back as a holo-display popped into view. Her fur rippled with surprise, and she nearly hissed. Suppressing it with a bite of her lip, Rayia studied the map carefully. Sharp feline eyes condensed to mere slits as she traced the crisp, clean lines of the mine-shaft displayed.

She noted Juno's portrayal of the workshop where the crystals were said to possibly be, as well as the other connective passageways. The Cathar posed a question regarding whether any information had been collected on those crystals, and Rayia waited to hear the answer before posing her own question. Tapping into her instinctive understanding of territory as a Felacatian, especially as one who heralded from a nomadic tribe, Rayia asked, "Are there any creatures or plantlife that make their home in the maw of the earth that we should respect? Or any rituals we should observe if we encounter any of the former inhabitant's spirits?"

Shan shrugged his shoulders in response to Nir's question. The Mirialan knew next to nothing about the moon, so he wouldn't have any clue about the crystals. He wasn't sure if Juno would know much about the actual effects of the lightsaber crystals, since she didn't seem to be a Jedi...but who knows, perhaps he'd be wrong and she'd actually know more than he'd expect. Either way, the Mirialan was eager to explore the unknown. Seeing what he could find or discover down there with his fellow Jedi? Why, he couldn't imagine anything that would be better than that! Well, there were possibly a few things but that wasn't important at this precise point of time. What was important was seeing where the Force was going to take them, and what they would find down there as the Mirialan broke out into a bright grin.

The Padawan fiddled around with the headset, trying to make sure it was going to work properly. He wasn't a huge fan of technology too much but he understood some of the basics, twisting it around to make sure he knew how it would work. The first channel was going to be for Emergencies. That made sense to him. Keeping it open to everyone, in case there was a possible creature they didn't recognise, or if there was a cave in. Of course, the Force could possibly help with finding each other, but it was much more reliable to have some kind of beacon like the headsets had in them. He frowned at the location of where the workshop was, thinking to himself about getting a spare crystal or two. He did have a lightsaber he wanted to fix, and wanted to make a spare one as well...Hm...

Either way, Shan shook his head turning his attention over towards Rayia's question. Hm...Spirits. Shan hadn't actually had to deal with anything like spirits before. Now should he be worried about that? No. No. It was more than likely the animals that might be living on this moon that he should be worried of. Wait. No. He shouldn't worry. Just relax and have faith in himself.

Juno Volante Rayia Si Rayia Si Nir Si Nir Si

Juno Volante

J

OBJECTIVE FOUR - METIS DISCOVERY

As Juno led the part across the archaeological encampment toward the mine entrance, she answered their questions in turn.

"I'm afraid I'm only a humble archaeologist, Master Jedi," she told Nir Si Nir Si . "I'm not familiar with the physical qualities that the scientists discovered that made them think they might be useful components for lightsabers, but I can request that the report be forwarded to you if you'll leave me with your address. They were originally thought to be gemstones, as the moon has many rich veins of emeralds, sapphires -- et cetera -- but these particular items in this vein raised a flag and were sent for further analysis."

She paused at a large scaffolded framework with a large winch and tensile steel cables supporting an elevator shaft. "The ones I saw were varying shades of blue and green, though I've heard tell of purple and red as well."

When all individuals were aboard the elevator, she activated it with the simple lever mechanism and turned to Rayia Si Rayia Si as the elevator began to drop into the mine shaft. For a mine shaft, it was fairly clean and well-lit, with pale golden light filtering down from broad light panels, and amber emergency lighting all along the shaft's corners. "We discovered no life forms, no, Master Jedi, although we have not excavated the site fully enough to determine whether there are remains buried within. That's what made this find so exciting; there is no history of sentient settlement in the Adytum system at all, except for one crashed probe that dated to over seven hundred years after this ruin."

She paused, looking decidedly skeptical. "As for spirits -- well. That's not really my realm of expertise. Use your best judgment, I suppose." Juno spread her hands. "Perhaps you fine Jedi scholars can shed some light on the mystery of this place's origins. Ah -- " The elevator began to slow. "-- one more thing before we arrive. There is safety equipment in the antechamber -- rope, rappelling gear, whatnot -- as well as archaeological equipment for digging, brushing, et cetera. Help yourselves if you need anything, and if there's something you need that isn't here, let me know and I can see about acquiring it for you."

The elevator dropped to a halt in the antechamber; through the broad doorway could be seen glimpses of the ruin standing out from the massive cavern in which it sat.

Objective: Meet and Greet
Tags: Loomi Loomi Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Toby Perris Toby Perris

His speech given, Vulpesen stepped away from the tree, his tail flicking away any remaining nerves as he descended towards the crowd below. Among the jedi, where were a few familiar faces, though he left them to their devices. Rather, he aimed his sauntering walk towards a pair of younger jedi who he hadn't yet had the pleasure of conversing with. "Its always nice to see the younger generation broadening their horizons," he offered as he stepped to the circle of gathered padawans. "Gives me faith that your order won't go straying so easily into dogmatic thinking."

There were of course, eyes he could feel, lingering on his back as he spoke to the jedi. As a wilder, he was equal among all the other sects, the Vitae holding no additional sway despite its leader position in the planetary government. But that position had allowed him to make the decision that led to this situation, and when proposing it to the council, he had made it clear that he was not asking for permission, but simply giving notice. For centuries the Wilders had peaceful, even friendly relations with the jedi. But that was long ago and only time would tell if those kind memories held true. "If nothing else, my next class won't have me as the sole teacher on Coruscant."

All around them, the wilders had begun to split up from their personal groups and meetings, mingling with the jedi to talk and learn of them. Some of the younger ones had already begun, such as in the case of Gweneth's rapt audience, though perhaps such a thing was easier when they were speaking to an Arch Wilder's Apprentice rather than a whole new order. Still, Wilders of all ranks and ages were quick to seek out the jedi they had heard so much about. Many had even lived during a time when the orders were connected and now looked to see how much had changed since their last meeting.

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

FLOWING FORWARDS - PEERING BACKWARDS
WILDER GROVE VERADUNE
Vulpesen Vulpesen Loomi Loomi Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Cailen Corso Cailen Corso
VVVDHjr.png

Two new names to remember, but that was never a problem for Toby. He was good at remembering things, and he was keen to make more friends, though it felt like there were way more girls in his padawan cohort, because he just. kept. meeting. them… which was unusual when he thought about all of his classes in school over the years, but it was one of those unimportant, curious things; a ‘why’ that didn’t need an answer. Regardless, he felt less like he stuck out when he did meet another male padawan.

Toby looked toward the Wilder giving the speech when his words rose over the din of the separate conversations dotting the grove, interested in how the man raised his voice without raising his voice. When it was over he looked back to his small group.

Toby nodded, equally as curious, but he waited until Loomi and Cora were done speaking - Cora was right: they could all learn something, whether they learned to wield anything or not, but her comment about not messing up her hair made him think of how Elsabetta Perris had been when he was a kid, and that briefly gave him a humoured grin.

He let his gaze follow Cora’s up to the canopy for a moment - the trees were different here. “Yeah, could be cool - maybe they do some things differently.” There was always some small excitement when he got to learn more of what he could do with the Force, but he wasn’t at all as bubbly about it as he had been when he was first an initiate as a kid. He’d learned to temper himself a little.

Then when the speech-giving Wilder approached them, Toby's eyes widened a little, and he listened to the Zorren speak. Toby then gave the man a bow in respect, “We’re glad to be here!” He insisted. “I’m Toby Perris.”

SWRP_Headers.jpg

Objective: Meet with Jedi
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Katherine Holt Katherine Holt
Equipment: Gwen's attire, Echo stone, carved luck charm, quarterstaff, slingshot

00_001.doric.png

My master spoke to a small group of Jedi visitors, so I felt I should do the same, there was so many around, so I thought I might make my introductions to a man it was hard not to recognise, I had never spoken to him during my brief visits to the NJO temple, but you would have to have your head in the ground to not recognise key members of their council.

Wait, they can turn into animals?

"He's right, many of us can." I said as I bowed respectfully to Jedi Master Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . "I am not yet trained in the way of the shaper myself but I'm Chaldean so its less of a priority for me. I'm currently trying to learn.. that" I gestured towards the younger jedi as Jonyna Si Jonyna Si spun the air around on his hand and allowed it to fade. I focused and tried to maintain the small vortex and pull it to myself, one of my key learning goals was the way of air, but i was new, and the vortex quickly vanished as the more experienced elemental removed his focus from the effect.

"Welcome to Veradune, and to our grove here, please make yourselves at home, the Wilders are very welcoming." unless you got on the wrong side of them, I had heard stories that the wrath of some of older widers could be swift and strong when roused, but perhaps that was just storys to keep us wildlings honest.

if they're watching anyways

Auteme was still for a moment, studying Fortan, before she returned the smile in full. She bowed right back, a lithe reply compared to the old wood that threatened to crack before her at even the thought of deference. She'd never been one to submit to decorum. But, she wouldn't reject it entirely.

"That's very thoughtful of you. I appreciate it." She glanced behind her, and made a few quick signals to her aide. "I trust your judgement; I'm happy to see the city through your eyes. Oh, and- time is no object. There's no rush."

She looked at Natasi, then at herself. "Should I change? If we're walking in plain clothes."

SWRP_Headers.jpg

Aegis - Golden Run
div-orange.png
Outfit: Flightsuit
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: Reima Vitalis Reima Vitalis Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett Vashja Io Vashja Io Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Open

<Challenge accepted, Vitalis,> Valery said with a grin from ear to ear, as they paired up near the start of the race 'track'. Others were quick to join and chime in as well, and she could tell there was quite a competitive atmosphere forming already. Exactly how she loved it — this was going to fuel her need for adrenaline far more than trying to set a record on her own. That said, she was glad to have at least one other Jedi joining her.

It was none other than her former Padawan, Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren , either.

<What do you say, Bri? Like old times?>

She then rolled her shoulders, cracked her knuckles and glanced over her shoulder at Reima one more time. <Any bet to make this more interesting? Bragging rights are fun and all, but I'm sure we can do better.> She closed her comm to listen to the response of Revenant squadron, before lining up to get started.

The first part looked straight enough, with just a few asteroids as obstacles, but she knew there was far more danger beyond it. That's what made it so treacherous.

But she had the Force to guide her.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"People who act in emotion are the easiest to predict. Taunting your foe and getting them frustrated is a form of combat you should learn, Jonyna. Against Sith it's quite effective." Kahlil chuckled a little, flashing a grin.

"And, well, it's fun."

He'd of gone on about it if not for the place they were. They were here, after all, to learn from the Wilders, not listen to him prattle on about Dun Moch. Katherine's wonderment that seemed to form over the idea they could turn into animals was very much mirrored by his own, if inwardly. Self transformation, the ability to change and sculpt flesh in a way that wasn't permanent and could allow the user to freely swap between forms was..

Well, for his own attempts at curing Sithspawn, this ability was one he must learn.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, er.." Well, she hadn't introduced herself. He shrugged casually. "We certainly all have our own tricks with it. When I was a boy learning how to manipulate the wind was the first step for me to end up as a Jedi. I'm sure someone far more skilled in it as Jonyna here could certainly give a pointer or two."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

skin, bone, and arrogance

MjgzGMK.png

Natasi cocked her heat to one side, looking the woman up and down. The dress was lovely, but would likely draw much attention, and could prove to be less than comfortable. Natasi, for her part, had chosen a simple black suit in a more contemporary style than was typical. It was a cool day, cool enough that wearing a black suit didn't overheat her. The thought brought a rhyme to mind; though the Galidraani are effete, they're quite impervious to heat. "You may be more comfortable in something a little less... formal," Natasi said diplomatically. "If you need a moment to change, I can confer with my security team to prepare the route. Of course, your people are welcome to consult as well. I'm quite sure you're safe here, but I'd like you -- and them -- to be comfortable."

The plan was to drive the short distance to the city; the rest of the agenda would be easily walkable from there.

When it had been settled, Natasi led the way, settling into the back of the speeder. "The Commons is meeting for its weekly interrogation of the Prime Minister. I thought you might enjoy seeing that, acknowledging the stresses of your position, it could be worse." She glanced over with a wry look, then went on to explain: "It's not as cutthroat as it is in other parliaments, I'm sure. But each week the Prime Minister stands before the House of Commons and answers questions from the members. What she and my Government are doing, how they are doing it, and what the members would rather they do instead are all regular subjects of discussion." A brief pause as theWe are lucky, I suppose, to be united in common cause these days. The biggest issue of the day is our role in the refugee situation; I suspect the debate will be over how many individuals the Prime Minister wishes to invite to settle here on Aegis, and the type and extent of security vetting of possible refugees."

Natasi gazed out the window, dark eyes taking in the purple-green grasslands surrounding the city. "I rather regret not having a more formal diplomatic function. A state dinner is really what ought to be done for someone of your stature. Perhaps another time, when there are less pressing matters. But -- perhaps you would you join me for afternoon tea after Parliament."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom