Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The New Contract | Eternal Empire & Mandalorians

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
rJ9xGeo.png
Objective: Create a new Mandalorian community in the Empire
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui | Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Gunnr Zambrano Gunnr Zambrano | Aditya Fitz Kierke Aditya Fitz Kierke | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Open to Mandalorians
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mandalorians ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

It seemed like a very exciting and interesting task and I was really surprised when the Empress of the Eternal Empire asked me and Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan to try to create a Mandalorian group, community within the Contractors' Guild if possible. Based on the information, a lot of Mandalorians were present at Panatha, so the idea came from that. We were given a substantially free hand, which was quite interesting, especially since the Clan Tal's Alor and I were quite different. But that's why it was exciting. They were mainly a medical clan, I represented the Cadera and I led the Bounty Hunter's Guild.

In each case, we sent out invitations to have the meeting on the planet 244Core. They had a good relationship with the Mandalorians here, thanks to the former activities of the Clan Tal here. The locals rented us a larger building while we were here. I was really hoping that as many people as possible would come and we could start building something new. That’s why I’ve been here days before and watched the preparations. Unfortunately, I didn’t have too much acquaintance among the Mandalorians yet because I was not so long ago adopted by the Clan Cadera; so I was hoping to get to know others here as well.

There was a huge park, a wooded area around the building, so we were in a good enough place. What did I expect? It would have been nice to find companions with whom to fight, side by side, maybe someday get a new home, or get the old one back. We will see what the future will bring. I was optimistic; and what I have already learned in Mandalorian culture is that we do not know gender, and no matter how bad the circumstances lie before us, no matter how difficult it may be, we will always win and we always return.

Well, I was hoping not only I thought so. Last but not least, there were quite a few things in this part of the Galaxy that we could fight with. I was confident and for the time being patiently waiting for those interested to arrive…

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

iHCo2Sx.png

Objective: Take A Look See
Gear: MM Beskar'gam / Trauma and Blackout / Rapture / XX (Dagger) / Fire Breath / B.U.G. / INT-66 / MX-111 / M3-X
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera

I sat in the cockpit of the rented ship, a minor annoyance that was two-fold financially as currently mine was sitting back home waiting for my motivation to creep back into existence and fix it, while I twirled the invitation in my mind. It had been numerous moons since I was in the presence of other Mandalorians, outside those that I did odd jobs for back on Braslin, that I almost felt like an outsider among my own people. I knew nothing of Clan Mortui since the dissolvement of the Mandalorian Union. I could be the last of Clan Mortui, which was a sickening feeling since we were known as the juggernauts of the Mandalorian Union. So, haunted by this feeling of isolation that I've done nothing to rectify in the past, why was I here now? Really?

Sighing heavily as I began shutting down the ship's major functions, leaving only those with security protocols active, conflicted on my only two options, I peered out the tinted viewport wondering how many others where sitting in the position I found myself in. Would others come? Would they ignore the invitation? Or would they, like myself, actually make the trip only to grow cold feet in the eleventh-hour? Sighing again, it wouldn't hurt to at least show up at the meeting to hear whatever proposal that undoubtedly would overshadow the gathering of old friends, allies, companions, and old lovers.

Passing through the threshold of the cockpit, I snatched up my rifle slinging it over my back, and headed toward the exit of the ship; psyching myself up to a potential commitment. The building, at the center of a small wooded area, next to a park seemed a friendly enough place for a greet and meet. That disturbed me slightly. I've used such a tactic myself in the past, erect a calm and peaceful setting to lure my potential query into an illusionary sense of security only to spring the trap on them and ruin their day.

With a shrug and a laugh I marched toward the building. Whatever was in that building, well, no warrior wants to live forever.

SHIP:Personal Ship
WEAPONS: Heklerkok FP-01, Uproar Pistol x1, Firedrake x1, Voxyn Charric Rifle x1, Lodestone Devices x4 - Rolling Order, Lookout Probe Droid x2 - Rolling Order, Terminus Shiv's x2, Journeyman Knives x4 - Rolling Order
ARMOR/CLOTHING: Tinfoil Hat Band, MAA-001 HjCGg Bodyglove
EXTRA: ECM-598 Medical Backpack
TAGS: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | << comm. channel >>​

He had parked his vessel accordingly, signing the proper docking papers and even taking a moment to thank the dockworkers before heading back inside. He waited a while, debating on taking any of his weapons. Ultimately he decided to leave the rifles behind, taking both pistols before ensuring the knives were properly secured in the sheathed pockets before picking up the back pack and starting to wander over to the place that the invitation had stated.

A frown was hidden behind the helmet, doubling back in annoyance before checking systems. He stood on the loading ramp for a while, swirling whiskey in a canteen and listening to it slosh before nodding to himself. Upending the container and pulling the helmet up, he guzzled the contents before he locked the ship down. Tossing the canteen inside the ramp as it slowly closed behind him.

The liquid fire in his stomach would make him regret it as he walked, blinking his eyes wildly as it slowly warmed him. The temperature regulator cooling his limbs as his temperature seemed to spike briefly.

He wasn't the most pleasant mando at a party without being a little drunk. And strangers always rubbed him wrong.

It was a slow trek, the drink taking effect finally as he stopped a few times to admire the place. He was not yet swaying like a tree in the breeze, but a basic medical scan would show he was well beyond the flying limit. More than once he lingered over a flower, gloved hands holding it still for him to take a mental picture to admire later.

Eventually he would find the place, after holding a tree once or twice to steady himself as he walked. The medical backpack slowly becoming a heavier and heavier focal point of gravity as he walked.

Last edited:
Objective: Investigate
Equipment: NeoCrusader Armor; Mando'ade Phase-Blade; DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull

No meeting of the Vode would be complete without a representative of Clan Garon, a storied Clan boasting Warriors such as Strider Garon Strider Garon and his brother, Garrus Garon Garrus Garon . When word had passed between members of Clan Garon the duty to attend had been passed to the Dark Horse, Andras who was dispatched to the world of 244Core with some expedience.

A Freighter had arrived early in the day, setting down planet side. Shortly thereafter a ramp had decsended and a solitary figure had emerged, leaving the ship behind in the care of the Droids that helped to maintain and pilot it. He'd stand alone, outside of the ship for a time, letting himself adjust to the gravity of the world before trekking onwards. Coordinates had been supplied with the invitation for Mandalorians to attend and that is where he was destined for now.

When came closer to the wooded area the HUD integrated into his Buy'ce activated routinely, scanning the area for signs of life during his approach. There were other life signs, as expected and though Andras was at ease he didn't take these people as friends or comrades. There had been more than one Mandalorian Saga written involving bloodshed between the clans after all indicating it was best to take every encounter slowly.

As he moved towards the building beyond he surveyed the area, his armor was of the Neo Crusader design, upgraded for the modern era. He came with a Heavy Blaster Pistol holstered over his right hip, as well as other assorted items...

Objective: Observe and decide
Ship: The Strill
Equipment:

Cyberlegs
Dragon-beskargam
2 BSB (Blackmoor Sonic Blaster) at sides.
PS-1 Particle Shotgun (lower back)
Beskad along his back.

The half Arkanian walked fairly slowly, watching as he went. Even were his armor not heavy, he was not in a rush. He wasn't familiar with the Eternal Empire, but he understood that they were forming more room for the Mandalorians. Whether or not he planned to actually work with them he hadn't yet decided. He was never much one for bounty hunting, it was profitable, but frustrating. He always preferred the more blunt work of a mercenary force. Hence his preference of using a RT-97C_heavy_blaster_rifle or heavy Chaingun. He'd left those on his ship for now. But he was still definitely not unarmed, it didn't matter if it was friend or foe, going without a weapon was not something he would have been happy with.

The forest was an interesting choice, as he walked to the meeting place he wandered all the ways it could go wrong. A forest fire? A hidden trap? Hollowed trees for hidden enemies? He had his thermal imaging activated on the 360º HUD system. Naturally being snuck up on was not acceptable. He noticed Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull leaning against a tree. He took note of that, and as he finally came to the location made note of everyone he could see so far. One example being Andras Garon Andras Garon and his older styled armor. Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui had a more traditional armor, however that of Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera less so. "Su cuy'gar." (greeting) He said simply walking to lean against a wall, "I'll reserve my decision on this till later. But so long as there's fighting to be done, things should be looking good." He was less cold about things than he might be with non mandalorians. He wasn't completely cold with them, or all of them, but he was definitely inherently warmer in tone usually with mando's than not.

Discover the meaning of this... endeavor.
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera | Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui | Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull | Andras Garon Andras Garon | Kovhorn Kovhorn
Links: In sig

adenn_fin.png

Another call to unite, another meeting to attend. To some extent, it annoyed Adenn. Once, the Mando'ade had been united, now they were divided and spread across a dozen different groups. They should be better than that, standing strong and united against a galaxy that hated them. But he knew that was a pipe dream, ever since the fall of the UCM, they had been on the decline. Even before then, with the ME, when Adenn had joined it was in its final years. All because of disunity and the lack of a common goal.

Perhaps this little meeting would be different, but Adenn doubted it to some extent. Not only that, he disliked the idea of being under any government other than a Mandalorian one. It's why he had refused to join the SJC and their covenant, or any other group. Thus, Adenn came to this meeting with few expectations, and knowing he came because Taozi had asked. They knew each other well after all, and Adenn was experienced enough in such things that he may be able to help. Though Adenn did hope she had also called those just as, or even more, qualified to this meeting. Perhaps it would become a meeting of old hands as well.

Regardless of the reasons or the future, Adenn was present. Standing towards the center of the meeting area, Adenn stood with arms crossed and head tilted down, obviously thinking. Or perhaps he was doing something within his helmet, few would be able to tell. Others arrived or had already been there, though Adenn gave them little attention, instead engrossing himself in work. However, an arrival and familiar voice shook him free. Snapping his gaze towards the person, Adenn was pleasantly surprised to see a brother here.

Kovhorn entered the area and leaned against a wall, speaking his mind plainly and clearly. Laughing with joy, Adenn's arms dropped as he turned towards the man. Striding towards him with an easy gate, Adenn called out to the man, arm extended out for a warriors greeting, his voice echoing out in Mando'a with joviality.
"<Su cuy'gar, ner'vod! Kovhorn my friend, it's been too long. I'm glad to see you alive and well.>" Clapping the mans shoulder, Adenns smile only grew as he turned his gaze back to the gathering. "<I'm glad your warrior spirit hasn't left you just yet, hopefully it's served you well since we last spoke. Speaking of, how have you fared?>"

Last edited:
Tags:

Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera , Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui , Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Andras Garon Andras Garon , Kovhorn Kovhorn

Times had changed and with it so had Mandalorians across the known Galaxy and this motely crew seemed to served as an microcosm of it. Tristan himself had arrived quite early but only was presently entering the talks after making his way though the dense woodland, crunching and cracking his way though the underbrush of the forest before finally reaching the meeting site. A large dose of deja vu set in for Tristan as for the last time he was present with a bunch of Mandalorians they were throwing the dead upon funerary pyres. The leader of Wren, or atleast what remained of it after years of dissolution and disorganizations liked to think of himself as a type of historian, as a rational mind whose choice of weapon was the scholars mind over the brutes strength. He took a moment to take in the various arrivals. They were all strangers to him, not a single one recognizable from the bunch but he seemed to arrive just in time to catch the sentence of one of the arrivals. In typical Wren fashion he decided to voice is disagreement directly, pulling no punches as crouched down to rest his upper arms on his knees before responding to his fellow Mandalorians words. If he could prevent it he'd rather the Mandalorians not worsen their political situation by thinking simplicity about this.

" Su cuy'gar indeed, but upon what ground shall fighting assist us now unless being scattered to the wind such as we are now isn't enough. Regrouping, resettling and overall reorganizing is what needs to be done not outright war for the sake of it. Nor shall sticking to old marital concepts aid us if we don't have the means to actually win any fights we launch"

Last edited:
Silhana Lolaes'ra
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
rJ9xGeo.png
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui | Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull | Andras Garon Andras Garon | Kovhorn Kovhorn | Tristan Wren Tristan Wren | Open to Mandalorians
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mandalorians ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Well, yes, I think I was very strange here so far, because I didn’t have a traditional beskar’gam yet, I haven’t held it there with rehearsals yet to get one. This was the unpleasant disadvantage of being able to join such a culture only as an adult. That’s why I was hoping Taozi would arrive soon, too. As I looked through the arrivals I recognized the coats of arms, though not necessarily the persons, only one, Adenn Kyramud!

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! My childish enthusiasm broke out of me, I should go there and ask for an autograph! But when I decided to go there, another man stepped closer to him and started talking. Maybe I was better off not putting myself in an awkward situation. I have to say this community was very different from the bounty hunters when I first went there. The Cadera clan is another question, were my acquaintances there, but here? I felt this was completely deep water.

<"Khm, welcome everyone! sorry, I’m a little touched among such big names who have come here today. I'm Silhana Lolaes from the Clan Cadera, a verd'ika. The other organizer of the event, Taozi Fuyuan, Alor of the Clan Tal, will have to arrive soon as well. In the meantime, I will summarize why we are here. The Eternal Empire wants to make an alliance with their Mandalorians and create a community for us, while respecting our laws and culture. It is up to us what we want, what conditions we say to them. They are ready to give us a larger territory, which is just ours, they do not interfere in governance, laws, anything. The Eternal Empire is a militaristic state… and essentially offers mutual cooperation. We can help them as soldiers, bounty hunters, mercenaries, as we think. In return, they provide us with support, be it military, humanitarian, etc..">

I fell silent here for a few moments, I was never a particularly good advocate and even my voice was too girlish, unconvincing… Alor Tal, where are you?!

<"It would be best if we could re-form a community and we would not have to live in exile in the Galaxy. Alor Tal and I thought there might be hope to form something new, to form a new alliance or community. Now we have the opportunity to gather what we want and write them down… so I would be happy if you could help and support us in this."> I finished the speaking.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Another place, another call, another rally, another attempt at organizing the clans into a single organization. A frown was on her face as her speeder flew through the air, she shouldn't be heading to this, it always ended the same....they fell apart....and it always costed thousands of lives and friends she knew. However she had heard it was connected to the eternal empire and knew this was a good chance to get some info on them as well as pay them back for helping her sister clan of tal...even if star knew taozi was certainly doing things on the down low

Her speeder slowly came to a slow stop, taking a breath she let it out seeing the gathering not to far away. Looking at a mirror she made sure her symbols were still visible, bearing the mark of clan cadera and clan solus, popping open the hatch the nearly seven and a half foot tall twilek stepped out and slowly towards the gathering of vod. She spotted Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud and smiled seeing her buir, good to see he was here meant it had to be good

Looking towards the link twilek her arms crossed as she lowered he force signature so she wouldn't draw any attention. Her head tilted side to side before eyes went wide hearing this one was of clan cadera! She wanted to ask questions immediately but stayed back since she for the moment was merely observing

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Kovhorn Kovhorn Tristan Wren Tristan Wren Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

Others arrived. Andras noted them beneath the cover of his Buy'ce as the HUD lit with differentiating pings. By the time the gathering appeared to be fleshing out with various Vod accounting for different Clans taking their position in the area he was keen to note how few of them itneracted with one another. They shared a culture but old rivalries always existed and aside from that there seemed to was a general caution and distrust, especially amongst the different Mandalorian factions that was often observed.

As Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera began to speak Andras allowed his attention to shift towards her. Lifting his arms he'd set his hands onto either side of his helm before detaching it, lowering it in his grasp to stow it in the crevice of his left armpit momentarily. When his features were revealed Andras seemed more at ease, he turned his head to see how the others took the words of the Verd'ika while he listened.

Interesting, that amounts to what he thought of the proposition she summarized however the Dark Horse wasn't so easily convinced. Once she'd said her piece he would wait, allotting for a breath then remark...

"Why do the Vode need the Eternal Empire? An Empire that is on the other side of the galaxy from Mandalore itself. It seems a better idea that if we are to reclaim our place in the galaxy that we retake our home for ourselves rather than accept the charity of others. No space they give, after all will ever be our space."

...Andras knew there were several Mandalorian Convents in the Galaxy, the Clans had been spread far and wide in the more recent history....

"I can already support the Eternal Empire or anyone else of my choosing as a Soldier, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter, whatever I choose. Our people will always be displaced until they return home."

...he paused, aware that his opinion was somewhat of a hardliner perception but it would take more than someone asking for his support for him to give it, especially when it came to such an important matter. He'd need convincing.

1VXVHKL.png

WEAPONS: Heklerkok FP-01, Uproar Pistol x1, Firedrake x1, Voxyn Charric Rifle x1, Lodestone Devices x4 - Rolling Order, Lookout Probe Droid x2 - Rolling Order, Terminus Shiv's x2, Journeyman Knives x4 - Rolling Order
TAGS: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui

His footsteps into the gathering had been slow and plodding, watching behind the helmet as others spoke. He found himself a seat, shrugging off the pack. He didn't spare a thought to those gathered about shooting one another. It was a meeting of the armored warriors. Someone was going to shoot. It. Never. Failed. The natural flow of interest fell back to the table between mandalorians as always with talk of their home planet. That little forsaken section of space that always felt the anger of someone for some reason.

It wasn't that the place was cursed in his opinion. No one wanted to see mandalorian's gather was all.

It had been put under the heel of this group, the heel of that group, so on and so forth. And been the recipient of so much destructive attentions that he was truly surprised the planet hadn't shifted it's own gravity to blip out of existance. The soil likely bled as much of their blood as one of their warriors with how many times they had attempted to retake that plot of space.

And been bombarded or chased off it just as many times.

<"We intend to dance the dance on that topic again? How many have claimed it only to fall to the wayside? A group holds it, a group leaves it or gets pushed off it. It was ceded to another group before by those jedi. Did it make it less of our home and mere charity? That they took pity on those souls? And look what happened to it."> Sikkol laid his opinion out on the topic, merely annoyed that this was the first thing to be brought up. He was glad he'd slammed the canteen already.

He got comfortable, leaning against the backpack and arms crossed to keep himself upright. It was already shaping up to be a meeting he left early, but he began recording the whole thing through his visor to review later nonetheless.

<"It's little more than a trophy for the prideful. The soil is salted with the blood of mandalorian warriors and enemy alike. It isn't cursed. Every group has to sense to kick us off it before we gather in force. Either that or another set of us get itchy fingers and fights the first for it. And the cycle repeats."> He continued, keeping his arms folded and watching.

Tags-
Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui

Tristan stood silent absorbing the views and opinions espoused by his peer. He removed his helmet placing it on the edge of the meeting table before taking a seat himself rather than stay crouched. He leaned back in his chair before taking his turn to speak and his first words would be at the older looking brother among the bunch

"Home?, i don't mean to be to philosophical but Home is a feeling, subjective to the whims of belonging or ties." Andras Garon Andras Garon

shifting in seat he brush his long matted hair behind his shoulder as he continued partly echoing the words of Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull

"This...narrowed minded focus on Mandalore is what's killing us, grasping at the past is whats killing us. How much blood,welath and time you think we spent fighting over that rock when we could of been building empires in other parts of the galaxy? The way i see it, this the time to make something new, for the animal that doesn't change its ways or adapt to the current circumstances of its environment will parish. The days of Mandalorians holding the galaxy by its throat is no more as is the circumstances that lead to that triumph being possible and to think it is is folly. from a purely political perspective i estimate the Enteral Empire looks upon us as easy allies, something to be thrown into the front lines and granted scarps for it."

he scratched the hairs of his barely growing goatee as he continued

"but This can be used...The Eternal empire will only support us enough to keep us afloat and serviceable to their needs. They will never allow us to reach higher, never allowed to reach former glory for obvious reasons. my take is we join up with them if only to carve out a NEW mandalore somewhere in the galaxy, reorganize the clans, laws and governance for ourselves and when we are strong enough we break those ties"

Throwing his hands out dramatically as if he had thrown something for the rest of them to catch before crossing them awaiting likely a heated rebuttal to this crazy view of his.[/USER]

Last edited:
Kovhorn smiled as Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud spoke up and moved forwards, he shoved himself off the wall reaching the arm out to clasp his shoulder as well, "Well enough, not dead yet. And neither are you it seems." his tone was certainly more familiar with the battle-master. This one he at least had known, and could trust. "Less legitimate battles than there should have been for me, but it is what it is. And you?" he admitted.

Tristan Wren Tristan Wren would make his comment about battles and words, "Yeah, that's not for me. Let the accountants and the organizers do that. You don't call the soldier to figure out what fuel costs. You want to do that, then do it." He was a bit less friendly in that tone, figured if someone wanted something like that done then they should do it themselves and not call others in whose job wasn't in the area. He didn't have anything against someone trying to organize things, but Kovhorn wasn't in that group, he was a fighter not a leader.

Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera would take attention away from him, introducing herself and explaining the situation. He listened, genuinely, but he wasn't sure yet what he thought of it. He didn't seem to need to speak up just yet though, others were plenty ready to take that route. Andras Garon Andras Garon was the first, he wanted them to head 'home' to Mandalore. Kovhorn felt the sentiment, and having Mandalore returned to its former glory would be great. However, it would be better that the people were cooperative in his mind than just on one planet. Of course, he'd also spent plenty of time off Mandalore, he could view it as a symbol and a sign of power, but it wasn't his home necessarily. Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull actually voiced some of Nox's own thoughts. Next came Tristan Wren Tristan Wren , again. Surprisingly, in spite of his dislike of the mans previous comments, he actually had some agreements here as well. Pushing too hard on Mandalore while others push to keep you out could be far more costly than anything they might gain if they did capture it again, for however short a time that might be. World were captured and lost, that was just a matter of history.

Nox decided he might speak, but he wasn't sure how much it would matter. The decision making wasn't preferable but if he did plan to be involved, he might as well voice things himself. He spoke clearly as he was able,
"Getting Mandalore backing won't make much difference. It would be nice, but as mentioned, it probably wouldn't last. This seems to me like a simple matter of payment for services, a contract. But with one that has advantages. Though, I doubt preemptively intending to break ties to an ally is a very good idea. And that kind of thinking would probably be exactly the reason something like the Eternal Empire would want to keep a group from growing. What was said was an offer in return for alliance, there was no mention of them having the authority to restrict us."

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui

"Home," I spat, feeling a growing disposition with the word as I turned my attention toward Tristan Wren Tristan Wren , "What an awkward word to use for a people displaced among the four corners of the galaxy. I'm still haunted by visions of sifting through rubble and debris in the aftermath of Mandalore's razing...finding remains of our people crushed underneath. I believe finding a home is not the issue....or the narrowed view of Mandalore itself. Unity....now that's a pleasant word wouldn't you agree, vod?"

"I still recall finding my parent's home destroyed upon returning to Mandalore, followed by the burning of their remains. This would always be a guilt that eats at me, for when I left Mandalore to join one foolish crusade after another, my family and I had parted on soiled terms. Everyday I visited their graves to beg their forgiveness, and everyday I'm answered with cold, silence."

"Tell me little one,"
my focus now switching to the young Twi'lek girl, "Why would this Eternal Empire be different than any other Jedi or Jedi sponsored puppet government that have tried numerous times to cage us? Or of the Sith? They're gone...for now...but they'll be back and when they come, they'll try trickery to ensnare our people...and some fools would go willingly as painful as that seems."

"I may not be rich. I may not have all the luxuries of an easy life. I barely scrape by financially doing good honest work. But I'll tell you what I do have...freedom!"

I needed to be convinced. If I was going to uproot everything I worked for to reestablish myself across the galaxy for some empire-style government, I wanted assurances.

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera ; Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui ; Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull ; Tristan Wren Tristan Wren ; Kovhorn Kovhorn ; Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud ; Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

There was a lot to consider. Andras had spoken his mind and heard several counterpoints and opinions offered the most valid of which in his opinion were offered by Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui and Kovhorn Kovhorn . Listening to them caused the Mandalorian to nod his head once. He'd shift the hold he maintained on his helm too, lowering the buy'ce until he could clip it to a utility belt and let it hang over his left hip hereby freeing his left arm of it. The Dark Horse had seen a lot, he been a member of the previous Mandalorian Empires the same as the others of Clan Garon and while he would always hold Mandalore, the home world in his heart it was a bit easier for him to concede the point than it might have been other hardliners.

Looking between those in attendance there seemed a lull in the conversation and debate, others had chosen to remain silent. Andras would wait, allowing for everyone to have the opportunity to speak but after a time he was ready to offer more of his insight. Before speaking the Dark Horse looked between those gathered though, his gaze lingering on several such as Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera who was, at this point the current spokesperson for those in favor of aligning with the Eternal Empire. He also looked back between several of the others, especially the veteran Mandalorians. Perhaps he was bias but he seemed less receptive to both Tristan Wren Tristan Wren and Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull for the most part. In fact he would look over at Sikkol and state, plainly...

"With Vod like you it's no wonder Mandalore was lost, batnor."

...he'd seen the man supporting himself on a tree when he arrived, noted his mannerisms. Andras had seen enough to make a basic diagnosis. It was done though and lifting his right arm he accessed the datapad integrated into his armor. Entering a code with his left hand he'd activate a small holoprojector which expanded out from the datapad to create a basic layout of the galactic map as well as an overlay on which the territory of several factions was depicted. Once this was done he'd have stated....

"I will concede that retaking Mandalore at this point is both a daunting and nigh impossible task however that doesn't mean we need the Eternal Empire to grant us territory. If you'll look you'll notice much of the Outer Rim is unclaimed and open for expansion. It would not be out of the question to claim several systems there, giving our people a place to rally to and redevelop themselves. If the Eternal Empire is our friend as they claim and seeks to ally with us there is no reason an alliance cannot be established on such a premise."

...of course Andras did not expect everyone present to agree with him and there was also another elephant in the room that needed acknowledgement...

"As a people regardless of whether we stake a claim on our own territory or accept territory given to us by a foreign entity we will always be 'displaced to the four corners of the galaxy' as noted until we have a leader again, a Mand'alor."

Silhana Lolaes'ra
rJ9xGeo.png
Tags: Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui | Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull | Andras Garon Andras Garon | Kovhorn Kovhorn | Tristan Wren Tristan Wren | Open to Mandalorians
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mandalorians ]

I was hoping more and more that Taozi would show up here; as far as I knew she had been a Mandalorian all her life, I had only recently become one. She knows the culture much better than I do. I was still just learning. But while she wasn't here, I had to thrive alone. And I hope I don’t start a war between the clans because I said something wrong. That would be uncomfortable wouldn't it?

<"What is it like to exist as a clan in the Eternal Empire? Taozi Fuyuan Tal knows this, she could best tell about it when she arrives… She lives here and helps the Empire for more than a decade by now. I’ve only been here recently and as the headmistress of House Orchid and the Bounty Hunters' Guild."> I explained.

What should I say so that I don't offend everyone?

<"Because they can constantly give a task and a job because we stay in training, we don’t have to go to different states, to people, to fight. We don't need to beg others to give us any job. We would get appreciation instead of contempt and pity. A chance to train the new generation of warriors due to the stable background. I know how hard it is because I am just learning the customs and I am learning to fit into Mandalorian society."> I continued.

I glanced at the other man who spoke and talked about the circles. Maybe it wasn't so strict for me, or I don’t even know what to say… I just saw that the current system isn't the best.

<"Wouldn't it be time to break old, bad circles and forge new ones, better ones?"> I asked.

I looked gratefully at the young man who supported me, while I also took off my helmet and smiled at him.

<"There is no need to be afraid of this, the Empress also comes from a warrior culture, she values warriors and respects them. She will not send us to death because she can do it and only expect from us what we offer in a combat and war situation. I don’t know who knows how much about the local army, but the Ultranauts are one of the toughest and most trained armies in the Galaxy. But that's why their numbers are lower. Good warriors are valued here. They don’t want to use us as cannon fodders."> I explained again.

After that, I turned to the arkanian man.

<"This is a point where we decide we are likely to accept what we are proposing to them. You know what suits you or us best. Unfortunately, I do not have enough experience in this, which is why I said that it would be best to lay common bases together."> I smiled.

I turned to the other man, a little one; It was expected.

<"The reputation of the Eternal Empress is famous almost everywhere for never breaking what she promises and persevering to the end, supporting her allies and going into the fire for them. Straight warrior and soldier. In this she is different from the leaders of the other states, she understands and knows us."> I shrugged, if that’s not convincing, I don’t know what it would be.

I hope I managed to answer everyone correctly. Taozi, where are you?

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

1VXVHKL.png

His opinion did little more than gain him an accusation of failure. Bitterness for a loss that the Mandalorians attempting to hold their home had garnered. For something he'd barely been old enough to claim armor for, hold a blaster proper against.

But he had.

And had paid for it after the sith had taken their proud, ancestral home. It was little more than a place of ill will and painful memories for him. He'd never set foot on it again. Reasons he kept to himself as he turned his visor to the other.

<"And [/I]Vod[/I] like you got us whipped or shot in the mines."> He replied quietly, pushing off the wall. There was no anger or malice in the words or those that followed. Just numb recognition before nodding to the map.

<"I wish you luck in finding a place to call your own."> Was all he stated before stepping away from the gathering and putting distance between himself and the meeting.

He would wait for Taozi to show, not confident in forced calm. That he wouldn't start a fight as he found a tree to sit behind and wait. The recording stopped, his hands twining in his lap as his mind went to a far off place in the meantime.

The term "fashionably late" being said in her mother's voice crossed Taozi's mind as she arrived on the planet. It brought a smile to her face, as she left the ship, Feng and Xiao in tow behind her. Walking through the city, people recognized the three by the Clan Tal insignia on their beskar'gam, and waved politely at them. Had they more time, Taozi would have insisted on checking up on people they rescued from the disaster before, but for now she had to focus on the task at hand...

Get Mandalorians to agree on something.

The mere thought of it made her groan in frustration as she clipped her buy'ce to her hip, opposite of the Trayc'kad on her other.

<"Why are we agreeing to this again, cousin?">

<"Because... It'll give me a chance to recruit more... Able bodied persons to our little group, if you understand what I mean, Feng.">

<"You're quite confident in yourself.">

<"I'm an Alor, I have to be. Now, let's see how big of a mess has already formed. Hopefully nobody has thrown a punch yet.">

<"Knowing who's been invited? It'd be a miracle.">

All three women sighed as they rounded the corner to the meeting place, just in time to catch the tail end of Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera 's words. Walking up to stand beside the smaller woman, Taozi inwardly was amused at how much pink was at this meeting. Nodding in greeting to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae and Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud , Taozi turned her attention to Silhana.

<"Saying the Eternal Empress 'understands and knows' us as a culture is a bit of an overstatement... But I will agree that she does keep to her word.">

Looking over those gathered, Taozi's harsh gaze lingered on every single vod as she took in the atmosphere. It was tense, but from what she could tell, no one had thrown any punches or insulted anyone's mother, which was a good sign. When her gaze fell on Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull her gaze softened slightly, and she gave him a nod of greeting. She remembered when Clan Cull arrived on Tanaab, seeking a new home after the fall of Mandalore, and the subjugation of the former Sith Empire.

She had welcomed them home with open arms.

She didn't recognize anyone else personally, so now it was time to introduce herself.

<"Su cuy'gar, ner vode. I am Taozi Fuyuan Tal, Alor of Clan Tal, it's a pleasure to see faces old and new here. As I'm sure my pink Twi'Lek friend here has already informed you, I've been working with the Eternal Empire for... Many years. Even before the current Empress was on the throne. Before the Empire became a major power in the galaxy, even.">

Looking everyone over to gauge their reactions, Taozi paused a moment before continuing.

<"Silhana and I were asked personally by the Empress to discuss the proposal that has brought you all here with you personally. While I have my... Opinions, about the Empire, I do believe the Empress has good intentions. Knowing most of you, I know good intentions on her part are not enough to convince you, and I doubt our other pink friend here knows enough about our culture to talk to you all... Effectively.">

<"Now, why don't all of you calm your animosity, before I make you calm down. I'll not have anyone shot, stabbed, maimed, or otherwise injured at this meeting. I've seen enough of my vode get melted on Concord Dawn, I don't need nor do I want to witness anymore violence against us with my own two eyes, got it?">

Though Taozi smiled as she spoke, there was a hint of annoyance in her tone, and behind her, her cousins tensed at the mention of Concord Dawn.

Chuckling at Kovhorn's words, Adenn nods his head. Smiling beneath his helmet, Adenn's gaze shifts back to Kovhorn.
"It'll take more than some Sith to kill me." Laughing, Adenn shakes his head. "We've had a few true battles, but otherwise have remained around Tracyn. Occassionally we strike out to help our allies, but the Brotherhood have maintained most of our attention thus far. In regards to the EE though, Taozi has asked for my help a few times, or asked me to attend something or other. Such as this meeting."

As Tristan speaks, Adenn says nothing yet, though does quietly snort to what Kovhorn says. He does agree with the man, if partially. One should stick to their strong suites, and most Mandalorians only thrive in battle. It was a sad but accurate assesment, one most likely destined to never change. Taking a deep breath, Adenn closed his eyes to concentrate, even as more people spoke. It was more of the same, accusations thrown, declarations made, and the same plans laid out. Uniting under another or taking Mandalore back.

Taking another calming breath, Adenn's eyes open with a bitter calm. Others have spoken, from Tristan to Sikkol, many have laid their thoughts bare. Some beliefs Adenn shares, others he despises, but more than all of that, Adenn is bitter. This infighting, this repetitiveness, it grates on his nerves, his eyes shift from Sikkol to Andras with bitterness hidden by his helmet. Stepping forward, Adenn lets that bitterness out, even as he crosses his arms behind him. His bitterness is shown with hollow laughter, bitterness and annoyance echoed in every damning chuckle. Arms crossed behind himself, Adenn speaks.

"Manda'yaim, Manda'alors, useless. Factions claiming to aide us, oh how often I've heard that. From the Sith to the Jedi, all the way to our old foe the CIS. What's worse, every idea thus far mentioned has been one spoken of before. Has been an idea followed through, only to either only partially succeed, or fail entirely." Gaze pointedly shifting to the Garon, Adenn continued. "We had everything. Manda'yaim, a Mand'alor, and the room and will to expand. Not all fell in line with it, so many claimed they were false. You say we need those things again, yet I never saw you during those times when they existed." Shifting his gaze to Silhana he continued. "We once had an ally to call friend, brothers in arms who stood by us. Foes that feared us, only to hate us. Allies who turned upon us just as quickly."

Frowning beneath his helmet, Adenn shakes his head and pointedly looks at Andras once more.
"The Mando'ade will never be truly united, ever again. Not with Manda'yaim claimed, nor with a Mand'alor. There are too many disparate groups, too many altered alliances and allegiances." Shifting his gaze towards Silhana, Adenn sighs once more. "Truthfully verd'ika, I see few differences of being under this Empire compared to any other, regardless of what names they claim."

Letting out a breath, Adenn falls silent, mind going to the past temporarily. He had seen and done much, fought many battles and claimed victory and defeat across a thousand wars. For all the hardships he had survived, Adenn saw few others as trustworthy or equal, only those who had survived similar. Those who hadn't been in certain battles couldn't understand, at least to Adenn they couldn't. There was a disconnect of trust there, one that denied most from ever being trustworthy. None could understand the battles or the mentality, unless they had been there.

His musings ended as a further three beings entered the area, Taozi and two vode. Nodding to her, Adenn remained impassive under her glare. Though he couldn't help but snort at her opening line. Adenn thought the same, none but those within could understand, none but those who had been there would ever understand. She was one of those who understood fully, one who he respected immensely, one he called aliit. Thus, he listened as she spoke, speaking more on the same things the verd'ika had spoken of.

Smiling at her words, Adenn was all too ready to quip back, until she mentioned Concord Dawn. The smile fell off his lips, even as his arms moved to hang limply by his side. Bowing his head, Adenn took another breath. He hadn't been on Concord Dawn, having instead fought on Manda'yaim, protecting the planet and fighting for his vode. Their fighting had been brutal, harrowing even, and all too deadly. But it was nothing compared to the horrors unleashed upon Concord Dawn, horrors Adenn didn't understand because he hadn't been there. Taking a breath, Adenn held it long and slow, preventing himself from being lost in memories of battle and pain, of loss untold. Now was not the time for such old memories, except to remind others of the costs already paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom