Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The New Contract | Eternal Empire & Mandalorians

Tristan scoffed at the last comment, he was building up a slight dislike in the tone of the older Mandolorian, regardless he awaited his words to finihs before responding in kind.

"Call me a reformer but wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to change things, beyond tradition why not run things on a senatorial basis? We could have a Senate or council of clan leaders or elected representatives instead of being subjected to the whims of a single ruler. Don't misunderstand me Vod, i got nothing but respect for those who ruled before but i believe the clan heads, or what remains of them can rule fairer and better. interactions with the Eternal Empire might be smoother as well with decisions being made similar to how they are now...as a group of equals but solidified into one voice once consensus is reached'

He knew this wasn't the time or plicae to be pushing for large scale governmental changes but then again, what time would be better? If this really would be the start of something new and different why should not all possibilities be put upon the table. Tradition was sacred, he understood that but when tradition is in the way of what's pragmatic and effective it should be discarded. leaning back in his seat with crossed arms in a relaxed demeaner he continued..

"Pride...its a deadly thing. While i agree The Eternal Empire likely wont be giving us worlds to hold out of the kindness of their hearts its still something to consider, once more i don't think anyone here is ignorant to the political fact that if were were to join them in an alliance of sorts it wouldn't be as equals. We would be the junior partners but once more given time to amass resources we can turn the table on em right under their noses. They would never see it coming...but if we do as you have suggested and go
annexing unclaimed worlds we would more likely than not ruffle the feathers of a few of the bigger players in Galactic politics, and gaining their ire is something we can afford righto, when we are strong again sure but not now "

Last edited:
Objective: Listen to the proposal
Equipment: NeoCrusader Armor; Mando'ade Phase-Blade; DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera ; Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui ; Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull ; Tristan Wren Tristan Wren ; Kovhorn Kovhorn ; Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud ; Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae ; Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

At this point the Dark Horse had said his piece, making it known that he was a hardliner and would rather have seen Mandalorians for Mandalore than the Eternal Empire though he wasn't void of reason and would listen to what the others had to say. When the Alor of Clan Tal finally appeared Andras turned his head to regard her, despite not knowing her there was some respect reserved for the woman as others obviously looked upon her highly...

"Su cuy'gar, ner Vode."

...he'd reply to her greeting with one of his own and prepared to continuing listening to the conversation as to their future when something Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud said caught his attention. Andras looked back at him, inspecting Adenn with a brief smirk before stating...

"It is fine, I do not remember you from when we had unity either ner Vode."

...it was a simple fact, the men were from different times and Andras was from an older time than many of those assembled here today. There could be no denying on his part that he and many others of his Clan had been distant, even absent from the events that were likely much fresher in the mind of Adenn however he knew nothing of the days of the United Mandalorian Clans as Andras remembered them. Perhaps one day the two of them could share their experiences and build on them but today was likely not that day.

When Tristan Wren Tristan Wren spoke of using the Eternal Empire to amass strength and resources before turning the tables on them he could not disagree, it was not a horrible idea.

In any case Andras was not adverse to a fight, not against others of the Vode nor their enemies however he understood now was also not the time nor the place. He'd turn his head, surveying the gathering one more time. At least the scenery wasn't bad, the Dark Horse had always had an affection for the opposite sex and pink skinned Twi'lek women were something to look at even dressed in their armor....

Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan caught her eye with a nod, stardust head bowed low in respect as she wat hed her pass yet remained quiet and observing. It irritated her to no degree to observe what she had seen happen again and again and again, closing her eyes she let herself calm down as she listened to each person speak before letting a irritated sigh out and rolled her shoulders before she started through the crowd and for the front as she spoke

Are we going through this again? Once again arguing about how the mandalorian people shall unite once again?

Coming to the front she looked to taozi then Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud as she gave a respectful nod and then turned to face the crowd before them, by the force it felt so odd to be at the forefront of a crowd reminded her of past times. Taking a breath she sighed and spoke

I've been under many mand'alores, one who sought to cure what they could not control and forced me and the clan I was with off our homeworld, Yet even then I still swore to fight as a mandalorian. I served under Ra Vizsla when he called us to fight to save the galaxy alongside many others when planets of others were at stake...I was on the planet where he died. I've served under yasha cadera mand'alore the infernal and even then while i served as her battlemaster our own people conspired to remove us even kill their own vod just to strike at us!

She paced back and forth, reliving those days inside her head, all while she spoke to the crowd of younger vod. Stopping again at the center she got a sad look

manda'yaim is no longer habitable, our enemies have raped her, mined her resources, poisoned her waters, destroyed the very life many have tried to restore, and unleashed horrors on the northern hemisphere. To continue to fight for it is but to just repeat everything generations before you have done, what I've done. Yes we cant just go and annex a planet, yes maybe a mand'alore would indeed help us but who here can say they've everyone in mind? Or would you just instill your own opinion on the people

Letting her words hang in the air stardust looked down to collect her words again as she took another breath and then looked over her vod

while I do not trust this empire fully, the empress is true to her word I've seen, as the wren ( Tristan Wren Tristan Wren ) suggested we can use this to collect ourselves once more...but we must not bite the hand that feeds at the first opportunity...but unlike the sith we will not set there and be the dogs of a empire helpless to the master. So my vod

She motioned her hands before her hoping her words rang true

until a new mand'alore is chosen I say we accept this offer, as well we should search for uninhabited planets where we can store stuff and set up outposts...after all cant have all our pieces in one place

Kovhorn smiled and grunted at Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud 's response. There was little to say about his survival, didn't really surprise him. "Glad to know you already have experience with them. Should help things, whichever the result is." it was fortunate there was someone he could trust here. Though it didn't make an absolute certainty of agreement, it still helped. And brought just a bit of comfort after so long.

Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui had a lot to say. A lot of emotion in his words. It didn't make it right, but it didn't steal from his point either. Admittedly, some of the opposition to this deal Kovhorn didn't quite understand. What exactly were they opposing? More theorizing on the empires plan to cage or ensnare them. There seemed easier solutions than that, and ones less costly. If leadership in the Eternal Empire had a grudge against the Mandalorians perhaps he could accept the reasoning, but right now it seemed like stabbing in the darkness to him.

Next Andras Garon Andras Garon brought forth a map, after an insult to Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull , which he understood, whether or not he agreed. However it seemed that he just wanted to lay claim elsewhere. In other words, work for it themselves. While an acceptable plan, Kovhorn believed he should have instead brought that idea up sooner. Instead of trying to just hijack a pre-existing proposition. To him it was just a little lazy, and that was not a great start for a campaign. Sikkol spoke back, albiet short, and walked out. There was little more to it than that.

And here the twi'lek spoke again. Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera answered some of the issues well all things considered, to him at least. But, he was already somewhat on board. So long as there were no new restricting factors. He did have one final question as she ended, "Perhaps she is trustworthy. But I doubt she'll be eternal. I'm mostly in this here. But have you considered the consequences of her death?" it wasn't a threat. Nor was it a deciding factor. But it was important.

Sure enough, Adenn had his own piece to say. On the matter of a mand'alor, Nox agreed. True unity of all the clans seemed implausible, even if it worked, he doubted it would last. A great rallying point, but not the final piece. Much like mandalore itself, it was only one of a far greater problem.

Then came in Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan . Seemed she did indeed have experience with this empire. For some time, a useful factor in decision making. But, he didn't know her. Nor did he know most here. He'd listen and decide as things changed. Perhaps he was a bit more accepting of the words of the twi'lek than anticipated from Taozi's opinion of her potential in this discussion. Maybe he was just tired of wandering around from job to job. A plausible problem he realized.

And then she said something that he didn't like.
"Now, why don't all of you calm your animosity, before I make you calm down.
He was fine with warnings, he was fine with trying to keep things under control. He was not fine with that. Perhaps it wasn't addressed at him, perhaps not. Thus far he'd been pretty tame about things. But he disliked it regardless. He became keenly aware of his own mind and feelings. With a statement like that, it was either the force or a species trait. Zeltron were known for that ability and another, but he might be covered in that regard by the armor. What was not covered was the matter of the force, he'd had to deal with mental assault once before and he was not very appreciative of it, he'd resisted, but such resistance he knew was far more difficult for those not force sensitive and trained in the force. Whether or not Taozi was making a legitimate threat or not, he didn't like it. A signal was silently sent to his ship to release a mandalarms-companion, he only had five, he had to use them carefully. It would be a bit before it arrived, but it wouldn't be entering it. He wanted it to be opposite him outside the wall. The field should be wide enough it'd cover him, who else he wasn't quite sure.

He wasn't planning on a fight, but he also had no intention of getting influenced against his will either. He watched everyone else very carefully as well, just in case things were going just a bit off. Otherwise, he was still silent.

Tristan Wren Tristan Wren spoke again, much to the displeasure of Kovhorn. He seemed intent on a method of his own that Kovhorn couldn't agree with. He spoke plainly, "I don't make deals just to break them when it's convenient for me, I don't think find that very honorable." his voice was less emphatic most of the the others but it still carried distaste in it in his statement.

Another twi'lek, this time Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae spoke. She seemed familiar but he couldn't quite place it. She reiterated the matter of repetition, bringing up her own past with mand'alors. And her opinion of it and Mandalore as well. She had a little more tact than him when it came to the matter of what to do after they'd risen.

He waited a moment longer, speaking again, "Presently, my opinion is that there is certainly convenience in this. Though, I'm not entirely sure what the Empire is gaining from it. Just more aid? Couldn't that have been accomplished merely by an alliance rather than making deals with planets? I do consider it an important question."

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui Kovhorn Kovhorn Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Andras Garon Andras Garon Tristan Wren Tristan Wren

Mig sighed as he finally walked in, R10, O8, and V1 in tow. Another meeting, another shouting match in the making. He walked in and... yep. He shook his head. It already started and Taozi was trying to keep control. He recognized a few people there, but he wasn’t sure about others. Heck, he wasn’t sure about working with the Empire so closely. This possibly would make what he had been doing this whole time to them more apparent. Either way, he stepped in. He’d managed to hear a couple of point that just made him sigh.

“Tate (Concordian form of Vode), you want us to be united, I do too. It’s just.... Let’s face it when I hear stories about vode yelling at each other for simply not speaking Mando’a it honestly starts to seem as likely as Hutts flying.” He then looked at some of the others who talked about needing a Mand’alor. He shook his head before speaking again. He may’ve been annoyed, but he could still keep calm.

“And for you that want a Mand’alor, or to retake Mandalore.... If you want a Mand’alor, you better find one who doesn’t want the job, cause I’d question anyone who wants that job. Even then, someone every tate would agree with? And Mandalore.... Its as dead as the broken moon at this point.” Mig would lean on a wall, sighing a bit as he waiting for any backlash or something from what he said. Heck, maybe someone would even jump on his Concord Dawn draw, but he said his piece about retaking Mandalore, and having a Mand’alor.

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
rJ9xGeo.png
Objective: Create a new Mandalorian community in the Empire
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui | Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull | Andras Garon Andras Garon | Kovhorn Kovhorn | Tristan Wren Tristan Wren | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Open to Mandalorians
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mandalorians ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

As I watched the others, I saw that someone had already stepped back. I was a little sorry, I actually arrived with high hopes, but I started to see that the malicious saying really had a basis. But fortunately, Taozi finally arrived. Just in time before another World War starts in this place. I was confident that because of his rank, name, and influence, he would have a much greater impact on those present than I did. As for me, I tried, next time it will go better if there will be next time.

<"Thank you for coming, I think just in time."> I whispered to Taozi.

Why is one of my ideals, my favourite hero, Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud saying that? Why should I quarrel with him? How am I going to ask him for an autograph after that? That's my luck.

<"Look at recent events sir, the Empress and the Eternal Empire persevered with their allies until military support was dissolved together with the Sith; together, they did not betray them. The whole galaxy was against them, but she did not betray them to protect the Galaxy from the Bryn'adûl."> I explained kindly. (OOC: it was included in the article, so it's not meta gaming that I know my own character's thoughts, it's public information) <"What can we lose if we give them a chance? In the worst case, we walk away ... in every other case we just win.">

I may have been too young in culture and optimistic, perhaps because of my life, the former slave who I was, was able to become who I am right now. I like to be optimistic and give others a chance. The young Wren was definitely a sympathetic man. I sent another kind smile in his direction, glad there was someone to help, even with his eccentric thoughts.

<"Recently, the remnants of the collapsing Zweihander Union and the remaining members of the Agents of Chaos have also been found their home here, they are equivalent. So I trust that we would be the same."> I added after Wren's words.

During and after I watched the others, I couldn’t help but notice that Andras Garon Andras Garon was watching me. When I caught his gaze, I nodded to him with a smile. Then I glanced at my clan mate as Solus started talking. Although I didn’t know her personally, of course I’ve heard of her. I was relieved when she also supported the plan. I finally turned to Kovhorn Kovhorn with a smile.

<"No one lives forever, but well, she’s the deadliest and best assassin in the Unknown Region. Seriously, if that were the viewpoint we wouldn’t follow any Alor because they might die too…"> I told my thought and shook my head at the man’s last question. <"Honestly, I don't know that, I don't know the Empress so much…">

After the newcomer's words… I did not think of a new ruling election… oh gosh, this discussion will slowly get worse than a political summit…

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Last edited:
Watching and listening as her vode bickered amongst themselves, Taozi was reminded of just how broken the Mandalorians were as a whole. How long had it been since they held true power in the galaxy? Part of her wanted to go back to those days. Before Concord Dawn and Mandalore. Before Tanaab. Kiros. Azure. It all fell apart so quickly, and no one could agree on how to build themselves back up from the ashes. Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud seemed to share the sentiment, if his bowed head and silence was any indication.

She quirked an eyebrow upwards at Tristan Wren Tristan Wren when he suggested overthrowing the Empire with their own supplies, and decided to keep him in mind for the Rebellion. Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae and Kovhorn Kovhorn of course being more rational, and unknowing of the horrors the Empress was capable of, both told him off for wanting to bite the hand the fed. Oh if only they knew... Taozi could feel her cousins' eyes on the back of her head, and the touch of anxiety running through them. Did they expect her to blow her cover after this long?

Though, the gaze Andras Garon Andras Garon was giving the young Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera was less than wholesome. It irritated Taozi, and she glared harshly at him before placing a hand protectively on the younger woman's shoulder. Now was not the time to be ogling anyone.

With the arrival of Mig Gred Mig Gred however, Taozi gave him a slight smile as her glare softened. She was wondering when he would show up, considering they lived practically next door to one another now.

<"Well. It's become clear to me that there are many mixed feelings about this offer, so perhaps my opinion and experience ought to be shared... As some of you know, Clan Tal was very... Small, compared to most. We never grew much past a few hundred members, so most of the crew of the Clan fleet was supplemented with droids.

<"However, since working with the Eternal Empire, we've grown both in numbers, and in wealth. I've been able to build both a university, and a kilometers wide park on Tanaab with only funds from jobs I've taken from the Empire. Now, the Empire is by no means a perfect government. I've witnessed atrocities done by the former Emperor with my own eyes...

<"But the new Empress at least seems different from her predecessor.">

Even if that difference was the Empress hid her skeletons in a closet.

<"Though, I suppose that was just my long-winded way of saying that taking this offer and having our own place in the Empire like the Zweihander Union's sovereign space in the Empire wouldn't be such a bad thing. It's certainly worth considering, since I for one do not believe we as a people are united enough to even consider taking Mandalore back for ourselves... Much less repair all the damage that's been done to it.

<"At this point, Mandalore is a rock floating through the void of space. An important rock, but a rock that will not give us anything in return for many, many years if we go to her.">

Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull

adenn_fin.png

"Aye, it should n'ervod, it should. At least I'll know some of the lies from the truth."
Chuckling again, Adenn watches the crowd. He may have worked with the Eternal Empire before, but that only meant he had a somewhat closer look at them. Of the times he'd worked with those in the Empire, two times had been at the behest of Taozi, and one specifically against them. The third and final time, where his clan and he had aided Panatha, was more to protect the world than the Empire. After all, he couldn't simply let his wife's world suffer an invasion, at least not without some retaliation. And oh how they had retaliated, something that still brought a smile to Adenn's face.

That smile slid off his face at Andras' words. Bristling internally, Adenn took another calming breath. Allowing the cold and logical side of his mind to take over, Adenn took the man's words to heart. They had never interacted because they hadn't been in the same time. That doesn't lessen the bite at his pride, nor the feelings of lost vode, but it ensures he won't lash out while he shouldn't. Instead, he calmly responds to the man.
"Perhaps we shall meet under new unity then. And not have to fight and lose as much as in recent times."

Taking another breath, Adenn lets the subject drop, at least on his end. Instead, his gaze shifts to Kovhorn once Taozi has said her part. He sees the slightest unease in him. It wasn't much, just a tiny bit of straightening, but Adenn knew his vode. He doesn't like the implication of mind games, something Adenn fully understands. Half turning to him, Adenn takes a half step back to him and quietly addresses him.
"Breathe ner'vod, you're good. Got a void stone." Chuckling, Adenn taps a pouch on his waist. "And Taozi won't mess with one of my clan that easily, she knows I don't like it either."

Turning forward, Adenn remains close to Kovhorn. The void stone should suffice to help with any mind games, at least at a relatively close range. Thankfully enough, Taozi's half threat is the only true one thus far. Certainly an improvement over the last meeting Adenn had attended. He then sees Mig arrive, chuckling upon seeing him. This truly is a reunion, better than the one at Panatha, that's for sure. He also happens to agree with both Star and Mig. Mandalore is all but lost, it's also useless now, just a symbol, and a bigger endeavor than most anyone can tackle. However, he is surprised by Star's approval of joining the Empire. It makes him think on this offer more clearly.

As he thinks, Tristan and Silhana speak. One of ideas he half approves of, that of perhaps turning against the Empire when the chance arises. The other speaks of at least trying this deal, something Adenn only nods to for now. Taozi speaks once more, reiterating the same thing. Sighing, Adenn's eyes close as he thinks. Eventually his head tilts back up and he looks towards them once more. Glancing from Star, to Taozi, and finally landing on Silhana, he speaks.

"I can see when people have settled on following an idea through, I can also see when there is logic in what people say. While I don't full approve of accepting outside help, I also recognize it may be needed from time to time, and for more unlucky clans. Truthfully, I still see little difference between this Empire and any other." Shaking his head, Adenn chuckles. "However, I can recognize that there is truth in what you've said, so I will accept your word."

Gaze drifting to Tristan and Kovhorn, he continues.
"I agree with both of you. Should this be accepted, we shouldn't bind ourselves fully, and always maintain an out. I will not accept utter reliance upon others ever again. That ended poorly with the Sith, it will end poorly with others. However, simply turning without reason is honorless, and we shouldn't do that either."

Eyes back to the front, Adenn's eyes land on Silhana and Taozi.
"By all means, accept this offer, but maintain the option for freedom. If this Empress truly cares, we won't be squandered. If she is indifferent or simply uses us, we simply leave." Crossing his arms, Adenn chuckles darkly. "I will respect others wishes and hinder none. However, as for my clan and I, we shall not join the Empire. Not fully, nor officially. Our home system suffices, and I simply don't trust most outsiders now. Should the Empire prove themselves, this may change, and perhaps we shall join. Regardless of that future, we won't abandon our vode now and shall support those that do join. This should be evident enough from the events of Riflor and Panatha."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom