Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Remebrance and Healing | AC dominion of Mirial

mK3vF7O.png

Objective: Prove one's worth

5m5qOKV.png

The temple grounds were filled with the curious, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Nagai that had recently come to test his mettle. An outsider completing the rites of Mirial was largely unheard of, an honor only bestowed onto a select few. Yet, this stranger from the Crusade had set his sights on proving himself to these people. The first step had been to face one of their own masters in a duel, and so far, Vaxis had held his own.

The Miralan's lightsaber swung at what seemed to be a constant rate, keeping Vaxis on his toes at every moment through the duel. His opponent was quick on her feat, and her technique was nearly flawless. Had it not been for his many years of training and experience, Vaxis would have likely lost within the first moments of the fight. Each strike was met with a block or parry, but each time Vaxis attempted his own counterattack, it was met with the same.

There has to be an opening...

The onslaught of attacks continued, and Vaxis struggled to keep up. That is until, after a long and difficult duel, Vaxis finally found it; the single flaw in his opponent's technique. As the Mirialan blocked his attack, there would be a brief moment where their gaze telegraphed their move. When the riposte came, Vaxis ducked under the swing, sweeping the leg of his opponent and sending them to the ground. He quickly seized the opportunity, jumping on top of the Mirialan and holding his vibroblade to her throat. A moment passed, and Vaxis stood, offering his hand to her as he sheathed his blade.

"You truly are a master. I am honored to have had the opportunity to test my skills against you."

She took his hand, as as she rose, applause could be heard throughout the temple halls.

"You have done well, Vaxis. This is only the first test, though, and trust me when I say that they only get more difficult."

Vaxis didn't know what trials awaited him, but no matter the challenge, he was determined to see this through.

5m5qOKV.png

oyFvixG.png

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

5m5qOKV.png

Pietro could sense the stress in her voice, and the weight on her heart. In truth, it had been a rough few months for all. Pietro made sure to soften his tone as he spoke.

"I'm sorry. I would never mean to imply that your conviction has faltered. If anything, the struggle you feel in this moment is completely natural. We have taken it upon ourselves to heal the galaxy... the sheer scope of that is astronomical, in every sense of the word."

As she asked to speak in confidence, Pietro responded with a nod of approval. For all of the faith that Pietro had in their fellow crusaders, there were only a few that he completely trusted, and the Grand Admiral was certainly among those that had earned it.

"I completely agree that Panatha was... unfortunate. And I do agree that we may have jumped the gun. There were more factors at play than we had originally anticipated..."

He grew quiet for a moment, reflecting on the failed mission on Panatha.

"If I may now say something to you in full confidence..."

He would wait for her acknowledgement before continuing.

"It seems to me that the Eternal Empire's forces should have backed us on Panatha. If they are truly our ally, then things should have ended swiftly and with minimal bloodshed. I must say, that though I maintain the air of a diplomat when working with them, I simply do not trust them."

Pietro leaned back in his chair, letting out a deep sigh. His concerns about the Empire had been weighing on his mind for some time, and getting them off of his chest felt like the weight had finally been lifted.

"I believe that Lady Ingrid has good intentions, but I am wary of the motives of those around her. They are a useful ally, but eventually, I believe that there will be matters that will need to be addressed. For now, I tend to hold my tongue when speaking of such things, but since we are speaking in confidence, I can at least not have to carry the burden alone."

His gaze fell back to her just in time to see the tear running down her cheek. Pietro did his best to offer another reassuring smile, though it was clear that the issue was far from finished.

"War is certainly never easy. The same goes for diplomacy."

A slight chuckle produced itself.

"In some ways, one could argue that war is the easier of the two. And yes, command is indeed a lonely place to be. To have power is to carry the weight of millions of lives upon your back, and pray that you don't buckle. But nevertheless, when one hears the call, they often find that they have no other choice. Ashla knows, I certainly didn't."

Those last words slightly trailed off as Pietro reflected on his time in service to Ashla. From an aristocrat on Serenno, to being a simple monk, to rising to a prominent position in a galactic power... it had certainly been quite the journey. Perhaps this was Ashla's plan for him from the beginning, all of those years ago. Whether or not this was the case, it was no less strange for the cardinal to think about.

5m5qOKV.png

2TrEg59.png

N8T0mS3.png

OBJECTIVE 1
The Hospital
m5gOdyN.png

PART 2

[ Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust ]​

Aridius's figure visually lessened in tension upon the Grand-Marshal bringing to light that there will be no battle here. He got lucky, one may suppose- to be wounded close enough to Ashla-territory to be transported here at the right place at the right time. It wasn't always that grunts such as he were offered such opportunities. Especially when entrusted to be alone, his compatriots having to return to the fighting and quickly. { He's right, you're safe now. } He would rise to shake the hand of the Grand-Marshal with a firm grip, his eyes briefly widening as he realized he stood before a 'Grand-Marshal'. Whatever that meant, the Stormtrooper still quickly stood at attention as a show of respect more then anything. He then took a seat; this must have been hilarious more than anything.

Relaxing
, "Sir! Aridius, Heavy-Assault Trooper." Key-word heavy. The most casualty producing position a Stormtrooper could have, totting around a heavy-blaster cannon that can make things into crimson mist, speaking of that, "People call me Crimson too.." He was still slightly uptight, but even through the conversation Heinrich could tell that the Imperial was slowly decompressing all that excess discipline, all the Imperial mannerisms that didn't matter here. "Imperator Tavlar has been missed, but we fight on under the Iron-Imperator." He remembered the endless briefings about future campaigns, the most recent being the dominions of former Sith-Empire space.

The most odd thing about the Stormtrooper was the aura through the force that he omitted. If the Heir to the Eternal Empire's aura was that of a most depressing broken color, Aridius' was faint but present all the same. He was force-sensitive and didn't fully know it yet. Inquisitors and others that processed Aridius most likely kept it secret to both him and the Stormtrooper Corps, as to watch his progress. Heinrich might be speaking with a future Imperial-Knight, only time may tell.

Perhaps, not knowing was for the best.

"Is.. she okay?" Aridius peered across the parkway, seeing both Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana and Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir discussing. He may not have had a honed-in skill of what may be inside, but the Stormtrooper was still able to tell that something was up with Eina. Looking back to Heinrich who sat down upon the bench.

wN127CT.png

oyFvixG.png

THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #2 w/
Valery Noble Valery Noble
kwzlsmL.png
"Could be worse." he replied dryly, trying to find a note of optimism in his tone after what had happened on Coruscant. Subtly scanning the area around them, Dag noticed curious eyes were beginning to settle on the duo. Not surprising. They stood out too much. Jedi were hardly made to fit in these social groups. No dress and no suit could help, Arthur had said and had made him watch diligently holo-tutorials on how to behave among such events all the hyperspace way to here.

"Take my arm." the raven-haired Jedi said, offering his arm for her to hold. Neither needed unwanted attention, especially that of Baron Irani. Should she take it, he would lead them in an aimless wander across the chattering crowd of dignitaries. "Yula told me you were one of the Jedi who pulled her out of the rubble on Coruscant... thanks." he nodded, paying his gratitude with a low voice out of eavesdropper's gossipy ears, while maintaining a shining smile as counterfeit as the money mobs printed on Denon.

"I've actually been meaning to reach out to you after... what happened, but I never seem to have the time. We-- the galaxy needs every able bodied Jedi to stand against Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis ." his eyes narrowed away from the crowd and down to her, "Especially experienced ones.." 4,000 years was it?

"All the history books I've read keep mentioning cycles. The Jedi, the Sith-- you've lived through times not so different, right?... I think it's time to break that cycle once and for all, Val. --Valery, sorry." he really had a bad habit of shortening people's names to his liking, most likely because he much favored his own short name - Dag - with each most people addressed him with.​

header1.png

Objective 3
mK3vF7O.png
Tag: Shai Maji Shai Maji

What a turn up for the books thought Cass as she shared a drink with her would be assassin, it was a relief to see there was still some with the decency to talk to their, prey? Is that they right word?

"Before we get to anything else, tell me this. Are you Sith?"

"You mean like that red piece of work on Lyran?" She replied, then shrugged her shoulders playfully, "would love to make your day and say yes, but got to dissapoint you today i'm afraid," she was very curious now "why? Is that what people think?" She wasn't sure whether to be flattered that people thought she was that dangerous, or saddened that people weren't paying attention to the real her.

"I suppose it doesn't matter really" she laughed. She truly was bit Sith, by upbringing she was practically and Ashlan, she hated the Sith as much as anyone, but the whole force shall set me free mindset, spoke to her on a personal level.

"I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to be coming after someone like you. I'll try to not aim for the face." She snickered before finishing her drink. "So what are ya doing on Mirial? Coalition setting up business or something?"

Was the woman flirting with her? This was her kind of girl it appears, even if Shistavanen were not her usual taste.
"Thanks girl, I'd appreciate that" and she grinned, "will give you the same care. Not really sure what I am doing on Mirial honestly" she sighed "chasing chasing ghosts, clutching at straws perhaps?"

She finished her drink and looked up, gesturing to the door at the back of the bar "so my friend, how do you feel of I quickly pop out back and powder my nose then we go enjoy the races?" She with a completely brazen grin on her face. "I have a few credits on the 330 and I'd like to collect"
header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

Last edited:
Shai's brow furrowed at the woman's vague answer. She didn't like vague answers, she wanted a yes or a no... but at the end of the day, if she captured the woman, she would have more than enough time to figure that answer out. She could take her time and enjoy the little calm before the storm with the pirate. "Yeah like her, but it's cool. I'm just prodding, don't mind me." She gave a maniacal smirk as she studied the woman.

She snickered at the woman's answer, waving her remark off. "Oh don't worry about my mug. I'm the one with a Beskar bucket between the two of us. Just watch the eyes, I'd prefer not to lose them again." She winked at the woman before her gaze travelled to the backdoor of the bar. With a light shake of her head she looked back to the woman with a look of amusement. She was starting to think that a fight would be a waste of the evening with this girl. "Oh come on, Cass. You know how this game works. Can't let you slip outta my sight so easily. Tell you what, you come along peacefully so I can get my creds, and I'll go get your money after I lock you up. I'll put you in the nice quarters as well." She grinned at the woman with a smug look on her face. It was a laughable agreement at best, but it was something she had to put on the table.

She waved over the bartender and ordered another two shots without taking her eyes off the woman. "This one's on me." She winked as she set a few credits on the table for the drink. "Aside from me trying to stun your ass and you trying to lob my head off, how would you suggest we go about this?" She was struggling to hold her laugh in, a rather visible struggle. The tension was thick between them. She was ready to fire, and she knew her target was ready to ignite. It wouldn't do much against the Beskar, but her head was wide open... and she had no idea what the girl's outfit was made of. She didn't look like the type to walk around without some form of protection. "Cheers." She quipped as she held her drink out for a toast before gulping it down.

Cass Gemini Cass Gemini

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Eina L’lerim-Vandiir, the First
Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic mascot and representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary; Liaison of the Fjölkyngi Smiðr Guild
G2voujI.png
Objective I.: Building thee Facility
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (weapons) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tags:: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana (interaction) | Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust
5dt1Tto.png
[ Never Meant To Belong ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Friend. Geiseric Geiseric said that too and yet he left, leaving her. Why? Eina knew the concept of friendship, it was the same in both worlds. And friends stand by each other until the end. They do not leave the other. Not even Runar did that, though he was the one she would have expected this. Is she going to go? Eina was still here, no matter how much it hurt. Tears began to sting her eyes and she felt hot tears run down her face.

She was still unable to speak, she didn't know what to say, how to say it. Did she have any right steps in her life? Eina didn't know the answer to that either. She was completely lost; lost all of her confidence under the ball. She was also afraid to share her feelings; maybe it was better because it would probably have been very overwhelming. Especially if she sends everything at once. And at the moment, she was unable to select among them.

The Valkyrja looked up at the offer. She would have been happy to have a place where there are fewer of them. She reached up to her face to wipe away the tears and froze for a moment as she remembered how Gei had wiped away her tears as they looked into each other's eyes. She felt and remembered his soft touch, the warmth of his hand. Why? She wanted to ask the man to explain, but it hurt too much. She was almost paralyzed by pain and fear; she had no courage to message him.

"Are there fewer people there?" she asked, still afraid. And if the woman says yes, she nods to go and follows Isla.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

g7yuHlN.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Dress: Link!
Remembrance and Healing
Seeing him extend an arm for her to hold was met with a slight tilt of her head at first - she wasn't quite expecting that from the man she had met as a Padawan back on Spintir. But she quickly smirked and took the arm, so they could walk around without getting disturbed by people. They were still attracting some looks, but far less than before.
Their conversation drew her attention far more as well.
"Yula told me you were one of the Jedi who pulled her out of the rubble on Coruscant... thanks." he nodded, paying his gratitude with a low voice out of eavesdropper's gossipy ears, while maintaining a shining smile as counterfeit as the money mobs printed on Denon.
Valery blinked at this, unaware of the relationship between Dagon and Yula, but she returned the smile and nodded, "I'm glad I was able to be there to help. Even if it was rather late." she said. Valery had not been there during the initial assault and felt somewhat bad for not having been able to save more. But she was happy many did come out alive.
The brunette then looked around through the crowd, noting some of the people that were staring at them, and listened to the rest of his words. Her orange gaze shifted back and with her free hand, she tucked some long strands of hair behind her ear. "In this setting, just Val is fine if you prefer to call me that."
she smirked.
"But you're right, History does tend to repeat itself. The attack against Coruscant and voices I've heard calling for the Jedi to separate more from the politics of the Alliance.. it almost feels like yesterday that this happened to the Old Republic. But not all of history repeats itself and cycles can be broken, as long as hope for change remains in those willing to stand up for what they believe in."
the woman paused and slowed down in her steps a little, as she found herself in contemplation.
"I have recently returned from my time away, and now I wish to help out any way I can. I joined the Silver Jedi to help them in their efforts but above that, I'm just a Jedi. We're all in this together, and so I believe that aiding the New Jedi Order now might be just as crucial, if not more, considering all that happened."
She looked up at him and smiled, "If you can point me in the right direction, I will be there to help."
mPIyuXd.png

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective 1
G2voujI.png
Tag Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

"Are there fewer people there?"

"There will be, its one of the reasons I like it myself, it is a bit more private, I will arrange us a table quickly"

She leaned into her communicator device, she had been there enough times in the last couple of weeks that she only needed her name to get herself a private river view balcony. Once confirmed she led Eina on to the cafe.

It was a relatively small coffee house surrounded by a rose garden on one side and backing on to a small garden that dropped into the river, it was far removed from the bustle of the city street and, immediately after entering you could believe you were out in the countryside or in another time.

"Afternoon Admiral, your usual table is ready for you, said one of the waiters."

"Thank you, can we have two coffee brought up whenever you are ready"

The waitress disappeared to the kitchen and Isla led her friend up a small metal spiral staircase.

"I know you don't need to drink, Eina, but it's there if you want to try it"

the spiral staircase opened up onto a small balcony with a metal fence, it overlooked the garden where other guests sat drinking, but their view was dominated by the tops of the ornamental bushes and and the wide, slow flowing river in front of them. It was private and secluded here and other than indistinct chatter from other tables, there were very few distractions. Isla came here to relax herself when the demands of the mission got too much, it was a shame it was a bit too early for the sunset as it was lovely from this spot.

After a few moments, two coffees and small uneccesary biscuits were placed in front of the women. Isla sipped hers and spoke to Eina.

"So my friend, you clearly aren't right, what is going on? I promise I only want to help you"

Objective 2
oyFvixG.png
Tag: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici

Isla smiled, irritatedly wiping away her errant tear. "Thank you for your reassuring words, I hope myself to live through this and be able to retire in a galaxy free of the Bogan, but the destruction of the Pillar really brought home just how uncertain that might be, it is good to know I have the strength of the likes of you."

She laughed at his comment about war being easier, it was certainly her experience too. Being able to to simply open fire and outraged the Zambrano's from orbit would have been wonderfully simple, but having to mess around waging war without waging war gave her a headache.

"Let's make a deal, next time we go into battle, you give me a target I can just obliterate without worrying about the repercussions"

Now it seemed it was Pietro's turn to share a confidence in her, she too had some concerns about the alliance with the Eternal Empire. The Empress was a strong and useful ally, but she seemed to have many allies that would be at odds with the Ashlans, in some cases to the point of being Bogan.

"I am glad I am not the only one who has misgivings there, our alliance seems to primarily be based off of a personal arrangement between their leader and ours, I would like to see something more formal."

She paused briefly, "I have my agents and you certainly have yours, but there is talk that the Eternal Empire may be directly going to war with the Sith, specifically the factions involved at Panatha. This is good for us, it will strengthen our own war, but will also allow us an insight into the true intentions of the Empire." She poured herself another drink "but we shall see."

The announcer called the next race and Isla stood up, she had a few credits on this one herself. "Don't mind me, I am still listening, the owner of number 3 is an old family friend and I promised to back it for them." Laughed as the Farthier bolted out the gate, her bet didn't make the best start but seemed solid enough, she was assured that it had had stamina over the whole race, but now she felt her friend might have been blowing a bit of smoke.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

oyFvixG.png

THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #2 w/
Valery Noble Valery Noble
kwzlsmL.png
"I think we were all late." he remarked sourly, the fake smile offered to those of curious eyes from the crowd disappeared into a thin, somber line for a moment before it returned shining brighter than before. Gotta keep appearances up.

"Val just rolls off the tongue easier. Like Dag." the raven-haired Knight snorted a puff of air from his nose, humored.

She slowed her pace and he followed suit, taking a glass of champagne from a nearby server and feigning a sip. Not really a man who indulged in alcohol but he was yet to know a suit and tie who didn't spend a fortune on fancy-looking, diamond-wrapped bottles of inebriation.

After what had happened on Coruscant, the absolute catastrophe, Dag found himself struggling to rekindle the hope that used to shine bright within but Valery's words... they carried an optimism he would be a fool not to indulge into. The Jedi had to persevere. Who knew better than the eons-old Jedi holding his arm.

"We're all in this together, Val." he nodded, reaffirming what she said, "There's a looootta directions I can point you at. Coruscant needs a hand in standing back on its feet, the frontier worlds with the Maw are most likely going to be their next targets. The Alliance, the Empire, they're all just obstacles in Solipsis' way, and the Maw is just his tool. His true target are the Jedi. Always have been."

"We need to-- I need to stop him. I've fought the Sith before but... Solipsis... his powers are on a different level entirely."

mK3vF7O.png

Far out into the cold desert, away from the cities where the planet Mirial made its final step towards official protection by the Ashlan Crusade, there stood a monastery. It was a single tower of dull sandstone rising from the wastes at the end of a small highway. Geiseric knew full well he could be back playing politics with the other masters, but it seemed a forgone conclusion the Mirialans would submit to the Crusade’s expansion. After all they had been a part of the Essonian Dominion only two decades before. Their mutual cooperation would be integral to defeating the Sith, and it didn’t stop at the construction of some fancy hospital.

Geiseric dismounted his speederbike, and before he could reach for the door a still-faced nun opened the door and bowed to him. He returned the gesture.

“Please, this way Sir Geiseric. My name is Mother Sunnana. It is a pleasure to be of assistance to the Jedi in their time of need.” the old woman’s voice was emotionless and calm. Geiseric strode towards the door to follow her, catching a glimpse of the many black tattoos that nearly covered her entire forehead. The traditional marks of Mirialan achievement were contrasted by her lime skin and her pure white religious habits as if to display them to onlookers.

“Your tattoos symbolize a great status, do they not? Are you the head of this monastery?” he inquired as they walked though the dimly lit sandstone halls of the ancient building,

“No, that is Mother Deriss. She is in vigil at the moment, and will not be joining us. I did not expect you to have any knowledge of our people. Have you been to Mirial before?”

“I have not, but I spent most of my youth reading, learning the galaxy through the Jedi archives. Unfortunately I do not read anymore.”

“In these times the sword is mightier than the pen. That is why you are here.”

“And where exactly is here? I was surprised to learn Mirial of all places held a Jedi reliquary. You are not Jedi?”

“We are not. This place was built by the Jedi, and we are simple inhabitants. There are few relics here, but a wealth of knowledge how to find them. The least we can do is honour the purpose of our home, even if it is not our direct purpose.”

It occured to Geiseric his quest would not be as easy as he’d expected. But few things were. He had come seeking an artifact strong enough with the Light Side of the Force to heal Cedric Grayson From the weakened state he’d been in since achieving a living oneness with the Force on Korriban. He’d expected to find that here when he’d learned of the reliquary on Mirial, but his quest was only just beginning.

The two carried on in silence for a bit longer before the nun stopped him in front of a heavy vault door. The woman‘s fingers worked quickly away at a keypad, then feeding a code cylinder into a socket just the right of it. With a loud thud and low groan, the huge door began to slowly open. The room behind it was pitch black, the dim light from the hall reaching in only enough to reveal a few feet of bare stone floor. She gestured him in, though she made no indication she would be guiding or following him.

“What you need is contained in a holocron, kept just beyond here.”

Geiseric bowed once more, then stepped into the darkness beyond. The door began to close behind him, sealing him completely in the darkness.

g7yuHlN.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Dress: Link!
Valery tried her best to maintain a good and positive outwards appearance, but thinking back about the Sithspawn in the streets of Coruscant made this quite hard. Despite this, she smiled and reached for a glass of red wine. Her fingers curled around the overly fancy glass in a way that suggested she wasn't new to drinking wine - it just hardly hit her.
She took a sip while her free arm was still taking his, and kept her attention focused on him.
Hearing about all the potential places for her to help, and what trouble was ahead of them.. it was tough. But in times where the Jedi were struck hard, it was important for them to stand together as strong as possible.
"I think it's time for me to finally return to the front. I've been traveling to gather more information about the various threats, I've been face-to-face with a few Sith and now I've seen the heart of the Old Republic burn," she said, her voice almost void of emotion - there was only an underlying determination for her to do something about the problems she listed.
"When I got out of stasis, I intentionally kept myself away from confrontation. Hell, my ship was built to avoid any threats from finding me during my travels. But those days, I must leave behind me." she said, her tone a lot more feisty. "I'm going to join the New Jedi Order in the conflict against the Maw, wherever it will take me. Let's be an obstacle this Darth Solipsis will not overcome, hm?"
she smirked a little but Dagon detailing more about this particular Dark-sider caused her head to tilt slightly, "Why do you believe that you must be the one to stop him?" she asked, wondering if there was some history between the Jedi and Sith that she was unaware of.
"It's like you said, we're in this together. You don't have to face him alone."
mPIyuXd.png

mK3vF7O.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective: Meditation... of a sort.
Tags: Open!

In another part of the desert was a man who appeared often as cold as the plain he stood alone on. The exposure, he felt, was good for his psyche, his body, his faith, insomuch as it was. Selecting a spot that was hardly any different from the next in this barren expanse, Vyrien knelt, settling his rear on his heels and hands, palms up on his thighs as a moderate cold and dry wind picked up across the expanse. Though it was a different type of cold from the frigid tundra of Arkania where he started life, it was nonetheless useful to come out here and ruminate on his thoughts, and seek clarity away from the press and bustle of bodies and presence of others.

He had been wrestling with the encroaching belief that he was frustratingly deaf to Ashla herself, or that, perhaps, she was blind to him. It was a cavernous feeling, a pit that held at the bottom of it what he refused to accept, a memory of an event misattributed to another that bloomed the reality he refused to allow. A gift that he tried in vain, and continued on that same path, to reject. And for what? He didn't need it! His own strength and mind were all the power he needed. And beneath it all, fear.

A fear of losing control that he couldn't recognize, coming from an old, painful memory buried deeper, almost entirely forgotten.

Vyrien sucked in a thin, hissing breath between his teeth, the rushing air biting his bare arms and face, and making havoc of the ashen strands atop his head, bordered by shorter, previously shaved, sides and back. After some twenty minutes of this nonsense, the ghost of a man rose with a frustrated grunt, and stormed over to the speeder that brought him here for water and warm layers, taking a seat sideways in the saddle and propping himself up with an arm bent on the handlebars, sipping.

"Well that was pointless, wasn't it?"

Words derisive and aimed at the self. He drew a covered arm across his mouth to dry his lips, capped the canteen, and peered out over the barren desert, frowning thinly.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

header1.png

Objective 3
mK3vF7O.png
Tag: Shai Maji Shai Maji

"Well doesn't that sound like a wonderful afternoon, we go back to that suite, you collect my winnings then we have tea and cake as we watch the sunset, they'll talk about us you know?"

She finished her drink and stood up, this was only going one way and she knew it, but she had the impression from her visitor that she wasn't about to trash a nice bar over it. She wondered to herself how many force users this one had fought? She had had a couple if run ins with mandalorians, enough to make sure she never went out prepared to defend herself. She stretched her back slightly, feeling the resistance of her skin suit.

She disliked fighting Mandos, beskar was a pain in the ass, but at least it did slow them down, slightly, increasing her edge in that respect. At least they mostly fought respectfully, not that she would ever stoop to pirate trickery herself obviously, she grinned as she thought this.

Gesturing with her thumb to the door "so my friend? How do you feel we go for that walk about now, feeling the need to stretch my legs a bit."

She made a move toward the door, not showing signs of flight, yet.

header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

mK3vF7O.png

Tags: Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
Equipment: In bio | Standard loadout

The grin on Shai's lips grew with each word she spoke. After another shot she turned to face the woman with her pistol still trained on her. "Between you and me, I'd much rather be doin' something else than drink tea and eat cake." She teased as she rose from her seat alongside the woman. Despite the teasing and casual conversation, they both knew this was going to end in one way. Either she beat the crap out of Shai, or vice versa. Neither of them were going to back down from this.

It was rather unfortunate, how this was playing out. If she weren't on the job, things would likely play out a lot differently between them. But she needed the credits for this job... no, that was a lie. She needed the confidence that came from completing this job. To prove to herself that she still had what it took to take down anyone, whether it be a hardened warrior or a twisted Sith scum. Beating this girl, charming as she was, was what she needed at this point. She wouldn't admit it to the girl until after the fact, of course. She needed to earn this win, by any means necessary.

"Let's go around back. No need to put these people in unnecessary danger. Unless you'd like some innocent bystanders in the way for drama with the planetary police force." She suggested. Whichever direction they went with, Shai was right by Cass with her pistol ready to lob a stun bolt into her. The gravity of the situation was weighing on her. With each step she took, the realization sank in that she was going to be in her first major fight after everything that went down on Coruscant. "The name's Shai, by the way." She spoke up calmly as she slid her helmet on. "Just in case you wanna have a drink sometime after this. Hopefully we don't mess each other up too much." She joked. A bad joked in this inappropriate circumstance.

Time for pleasantries was over. The moment they reached the door, Shai's right vambrace came to life with a blast of her repulsor towards Cass' back at point blank range. Her goal was to disorient the girl and get an edge, but she wouldn't end the fight with a shot so soon. She needed this fight, despite knowing that the likes of Cass would likely not hesitate to pull some dirty tricks. If her blast was successful, her second pistol would leave her holster, also set to stun, while her boots started to elevate her just above the ground. "Come on sis, let the fun begin!"

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Eina L’lerim-Vandiir, the First
Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic mascot and representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary; Liaison of the Fjölkyngi Smiðr Guild
G2voujI.png
Objective I.: Building thee Facility
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (weapons) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tags:: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana (interaction) | Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust
5dt1Tto.png
[ Never Meant To Belong ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Eina followed Isla wordlessly and reluctantly as the woman set off. As they arrived at the cafe, Valkyrja stopped as they reached a place lined with gardens and roses. The whole venue reminded me of the ball. She saw again in front of her that Geiseric was turning and walked away. She heard him call her Lady L'lerim and then disappear into the maze of plants. Eina hasn't seen him since…

She shuddered at the waiter's words, then continued to follow the man and Isla. It was harder to move here because there was less space, and the woman’s wings took up a lot of space, even as she pulled them together. They finally arrived, she had to sit down a little carefully because of her wings. Do not sit on them or beat anything. She didn’t look around to see where they were, how beautiful the place could be. Eina just hugged herself with her arms, which was the most obvious sign of defence.

She shook her head at coffee and cake, she never ate or drank anything, she didn’t need it, and she didn't like to eat something just for pleasure. There were many Valkyrja between the Battle Born and the Low Born, who kept this tradition from their former life, but the woman has always been Valkyrja. And it didn't matter to her whether Isla was a man or a woman, gender didn't matter in Eina's eyes. She looked up in pain, wounded, and confused.

"Are you going to leave too? If someone says I haven’t done anything wrong… why do they go away and treat me like I did do something wrong? I do not understand…" her voice was now most like a lost little girl, not a determined warlord, warrior.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Gorthalon’s equipment:
Other than his clothes and credits, no equipment.
mK3vF7O.png

The quiet days, as he came to call them, were among the most surreal of everyday experiences he had since he started a new life as a soldier of the Galactic Alliance.

The first half of his life spent in a tribe on a forgotten planet, and the second, as a slave and arena fighter of a gambling ring. In the first life, he was a vagabond; religiously voyaging around the globe to avoid the terrors lurking in the jungles. In the second, he himself was the lurking terror; the undefeated champion of the Cephoid Pits. Every single day, he was either fighting or surviving. But not now. Not since he became the member of a highly advanced galactic community, the limbs of which have touched even the farthest and most magnificent of stars, the most mysterious of moons.

With quiet days came times of self-reflection, of learning, and taking the time to just settle down and seize the moment, or maybe even the day.

One such day was today, on Mirial, where he had been sent by his training officers to mend wounds that bandages and oils cannot, and to simply, rest.
“In order to remain a member of the Pathfinders, you have to be your best self, recruit.” They said, back on Balmorra. “But to do that, you first have to heal yourself – both in body and spirit.” And so he packed all of his things into a duffel bag, put it on his back and caught the first of many shuttles to reach Mirial.

Undoubtedly, there must be politics behind his admittance to the Sacred Pillar Memorial Hospital, far outside Alliance space; but he was just a Second Lieutenant with a million ranks towering over him, and these questions were way above his pay grade. He was grateful that he could spend some time recuperating and trying to catch up on current events and the overall state of the galaxy, while under the care of those select few who had some idea about Yuzzem physiology.

Today, he physically felt almost better than ever, and up for a little stroll, to exercise his muscles and explore a bit. Even though he acquainted himself with this world as much as he could through the holonet, he felt it was necessary to breathe in its air, to gaze upon its horizon. To witness the world as the locals do.

Renting out the cheapest speeder that could carry his huge frame, he sped out through the gate at the city limits and raced off, leaving clouds of sand in his wake.

While riding effortlessly through the desert, contemplating Mirialan society, and trying to see the land as they do, his keen eyes have picked up on a figure in the distance. Might be a local – he thought - better ask if they know anything interesting to see in the area.

The closer he got to the person sitting on his bike, the more obvious it seemed that this person was not Mirialan, yet it did not matter all that much to him, maybe this person also knows about the planet. After slowing down, he put the speeder in hover mode, and stood up. Due to his size, his movements dislocated the center of the vehicle’s gravity, but it adjusted to the best of its ability.
– Excuse me. My name is Gorthalon, and I am a patient at the nearby Hospital. – Said the beast in his strangely deep, raspy voice. The engine’s noise bothered him, and he turned it off. The sand swirling around the hovering speeder stayed still for a second, then got blown away by the heavy winds. – Sorry to intrude upon your solitude. – He calmly gestured with his hands. - I was trying to learn more about Mirial and decided to explore its landscape. Are you familiar with this planet?

Last edited:

oyFvixG.png

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

5m5qOKV.png

"The only true certainty outside of Ashla's Light is that of death. The only question is when it will come to claim us. Beyond that, the future is always truly a mystery."

Another chuckle escaped at the mention of his strength.

"I appreciate that there are those that are inspired by my actions. I would hesitate to call it strength, but if it serves to motivate others, then I am happy to call it such."

There was always a piece of Pietro that felt like others built him up to be something larger than life, larger than himself. Sometimes, he would find himself amazed that his words had moved as many as they had through the years. Nevertheless, he was a loyal servant of Ashla, and would continue on the path that had been presented to him. So long as he could serve, Pietro cared not of how others saw him.

"Be careful what you wish for, Grand Admiral. The next time I give such an order, it might not be one that you want to obey."

His tone wasn't one of superiority, but rather realism. Pietro was well aware that the Crusade had already pushed boundaries in the eyes of those on the greater galactic stage. The methods of the Crusade weren't always met with support, and at times, had been heavily criticized. The cardinal had often thought about the potential outcomes of their campaign, and who it could lead to them clashing with. In many cases, such scenarios would lead to more controversy.

"Yes... thought I understand Lord Grayson's actions, I must say I have my reservations. For now, I see the Empire as a useful tool, though I still question the motives of many within their regime. In the end, it is one less immediate threat, and in a galaxy where the Maw is causing destruction on such a grand scale, I find that the less we have to look over our shoulder, the better."

He leaned in as she spoke of the war. Though they were out of earshot, Pietro had a tendency to err on the side of caution.

"I too have heard word of this potential conflict. Though the confirmation of these claims is yet to be seen in full, I loo forward to seeing how it pans out. Perhaps we can use that conflict to our advantage."

As Isla placed the bet, Pietro pulled his rosary from the folds of his own robe, staring down at it as Isla saw to her bet. Pondering the situation of the Empire, Pietro found himself wondering how all of this would end. Perhaps the Empire would end up being a useful friend after all. Perhaps it was his own rhetoric getting to him after all of these years. Yet, he couldn't shake that strange, uneasy feeling he felt about those under the command of the empress.

"The truth is, Isla, that I don't trust many outside of our own ranks. Ashla does teach us to be accepting of others, but I often find the Bogan's corruption in the strangest of places. But perhaps I am just being paranoid."

In truth, he didn't believe that last part, but Pietro was willing to question his motives if it led him to further insight.

5m5qOKV.png

G2voujI.png

Tags: Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich let out a chuckle as the soldier stood at attention, causing him to grab his side as the burning pain of his broken ribs shot through his body once again.

"At ease, trooper. I appreciate the gesture, but despite my lofty position, I am merely a soldier that is lucky enough to have the trust of those under my command."

He was underplaying his duties a bit, but Heinrich never truly saw himself as a leader. At least, not in the same way as someone like his fellow high-ranking crusaders. He would forever be that same young man that only sought to defend his people, eager to serve Ession and Ashla until his final breath. He had adapted to his new duties well, but there would always be that part of him that called back to those early days, when he was the one following orders, rather than giving them.

"Heavy-Assault trooper, you say? I can see why people call you Crimson, then."

He produced a slight smile as he acknowledged the man's position within the NIO. Heinrich had not had the pleasure of seeing the Heavy-Assault troopers in action, but he knew that they were certainly a force to be reckoned with. Yet, there was something that Heinrich sensed within the man; the faint, distant glow of the Force seemed to call from the deepest recesses of the trooper. A curiosity, to be sure, as Heinrich was aware of how tedious maneuvering within the NIO could be as a Force sensitive individual. Unsure of the situation, he would hold back mentioning for now, but would continue to monitor the faint Force signal as they continued to speak.

"Yes, Imperator Fel seems to be quite keen on pushing the NIO forward to greater glory. I have not had the pleasure of meeting him, but I am sure that our paths will cross someday."

There were unspoken questions left in the wake of Tavlar's death, especially surrounding the ascension of Rurik Fel. Having a Force user would certainly signal changes within the NIO, though what form those changes would take was still fairly uncertain.

Heinrich pushed the thoughts of galactic politics from his mind for a moment, his gaze falling upon Eina as Aridius spoke.

"Truthfully, I don't have an answer. Lady Eina is a rather... unique individual, and her mental and physical state can be difficult to gauge. You see, her home isn't Realspace. She has come here from the Nether itself, and I imagine that such a journey comes with unforeseen risks."

He was concerned for her, though he would leave the Grand Admiral to the task of checking in on their comrade. Heinrich wasn't generally the best at handling such situations, and in Eina's case, he was worried that he may ended up doing more hurt than good. Nevertheless, he offered a silent prayer to Ashla for her, hoping that such a silent action would be assistance enough.

5m5qOKV.png

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objective 1
G2voujI.png
Tag Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

Isla didn't immediately drink from her own drink, trying to mirror her scared companion's behaviour to make her comfortable. In truth she wasn't all thay good at this kind of thing, she had very few actual friends and confidantes so she was rarely faced with a task of comforting one.

The woman looked so weak and vulnerable? But why?

"Are you going to leave too? If someone says I haven’t done anything wrong… why do they go away and treat me like I did do something wrong? I do not understand…"

"What do you mean by leave? I am not going anywhere, the crusade is my home? Or do you mean leave your side? You are my friend Eina and after what we dealt with on Reelin I feel a trust for you. I dont want to go anywhere?"

She watched, it was hard to gauge a reaction with Eina in such a defensive posture.

"Has someone abandoned you? Is this what is causing you pain?" She wracked her brain, who could she be talking about? Her mother perhaps? She didn't really understand why Eina was here and not by her Mother's side, as much as she thanked Ashla for the fact. Maybe there was something in that?

"I can't make you talk, and I wouldn't want to make you feel pressured that you had too, but it can really help to share, maybe I can provide a different insight or some answers?" She paused again and took some of her coffee to wet her lips, "I don't want to sound like a jedi, as I disagree with emotional detachment, but your strong emotions could be making it harder for you to see things clearly" Isla was now wondering about the truth in their teachings, getting emotional was, in her mind, a healthy outlet, but it did sometimes make you lose track of the bigger picture.

Isla reached over and tried to put her hand on Eina's upper arm in a comforting way. "Tell me whatever you want to, or we can sit here as long as you want and just enjoy the peace together?"

She saw a waiter approaching up the stairs behind them but she shooed him away with a withering stare, now was not the time for suprise interruptions.
Objective 2
oyFvixG.png
Tag: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici

"Your strength is matched only by your humility my friend" she replied to him, honestly believing it "you are good for the crusade, you lead the church without personal desire for power."

She laughed at Demicis's comment about careful wishing, how true he was, so many of their actions had been very close to the wire. Panatha for example, they were the invaders there, justified or not, the galaxy would see them as foreign aggressors.

"I will certainly bear that in mind, I dont wish for violence at all, just if it's a case of violently destroying a sith stronghold and having to negotiate at the end of a gun with allies, I would choose the former."

She thought for a moment about Panatha again, "something one of the Imperials said, a mandalorian by the name Taozi, she warned me about becoming the thing we hate, now obviously I know she was just trying to rattle me, but it is something that I have thought about. I am interested to know how you reconcile the need between following the light and aggressively hunting the darkness?"

Isla sat back down after watching her bet come in late on the running order, how funny, well, she wouldn't be retiring on that win then.

"Do you ever just think of settling down and retiring? No, of course you dont" and she smiled respectfully "I am totally committed to the cause here but I sometimes wonder about my own legacy," and she gently held her lower abdomen, indicating where she would carry a child "maybe i need to take a leaf out of the Empress book and go find a suitable union somewhere?"

"I don't think you are paranoid, just cautious, I hope you always feel you can count me in your trusted circle"

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom