Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Ploy of the Necromancer (Civil War on Cademimu V) (Open to All)

Vladislav Von Kresvelgard

V
Ploy of the Necromancer
Civil War on Cademimu V

The World of Cademimu V, the fifth planet within the Cademimu System. It was a ecumpenpolis which meant that the entire planet was one giant city. Located in the Outer Rim Territories and functioning as a major trade world on the Celanon Spur Hyperlane. It served as a major industrial power within the region that was also known for its strong military traditions. In the Ancient Republic it was referred to as the War Chest of the Outer Rim, due to its importance to the war effort at the time against the Sith Empire. Known to the galaxy as an alternative to the Galactic Center of Coruscant, it has attracted both friendly and unfriendly populations to it. Everything was going right for the system, until it wasn't and something terrible has happened. The consequences are known but why exactly would a person come to this place.

Galactic Rumors!

Rumors have spread across the galaxy from planet to planet that a civil war has erupted all across the world, splitting the populace into two camps the Liberators who are fighting against the Loyalist who support the current dictatorship of the Governor-General, Edgar Buckley. A Colonel within the Cademimu Security Forces who took power through a coup against the government and as taken control of the impressive arsenal of missile batteries and its ordinance stockpiles which protect it from outside invaders. With his loyal security forces and mercenaries allies, he outnumbers the poor liberators ten to one. But that is only the beginning of the problem, for If the Liberators and the Loyalist carry on fighting against each other, the total collapse of the planet is ahead which would only bring about economic ruination for the system as a whole and cause a depression within the region. If the Governor-General has his way then a new galactic power is at hand, which will upset the balance of power within the region due to them discovering a stockpile of zann consortium weaponry.

Locations, Locations!
The Government Sector
The Government Sector used to be the home of the Cademimu V Assembly. Until it was taken over by the Security Forces loyal to the Governor-General, now fortified and turned into a fortress within its own right with automatic defenses and AA Batteries around the perimeter walls. It is defended by legions of Scrapper-Class Battle Droids, which are produced from underneath the fortress itself. While the droids aren't effective in single combat with anyone they are a ruthless force that is able to overwhelm an enemy through shear numbers. The Governor-General is located within the heart of the fortress itself, defended by the undead forces of Darth Mordheim.

The Control & Operation Center:
The Control & Operations Center is the main hub that controls all of the Missile and Ordinance Batteries on the planet. Protected by strong deflector shields and its own automatic defenses, it is safe from orbital bombardment. It is the most heavily defended area currently underneath the control of the Loyalist and breaking through those defenses will take some time. Time that is critical for giving supplies to the outnumbered liberators and relief supplies to the trapped citizens.

The Liberator's Base in the Under Levels:
The Liberator's Base is currently within the Under Levels of the City. Normally protected by the criminal gangs that reside within the area, it is currently under siege by forces loyal to the Governor-General. If the Liberator's Base was to fall then the entire rebellion against the governor-general will collapse and allow him to make the planet into an independent power. And by extension allow darth mordheim to have a fortress world to cause terror within the region.

The City:
The Massive City is exactly like the Galactic Center of Coruscant. Filled to the brim with skyscrapers and other buildings of importance. Fighting between the Liberators and the Loyalist have spilled out into the various streets. So either explore the city and help the liberators or loyalist retake sector after sector of the city until they control the city self. However there are many monsters that also reside within the city that haven't been stamped out yet. So best be on guard or else your doom will follow.

Objectives for Story!
Objective One:
Civil War is Erupting Across the Planet. As the Forces of the Governor-General and the Cademimu Liberators engage with each other all over the city. For the forces that arrive within the system to assist the planet or for there own objectives. Stopping this rogue head of government is key to returning the system to economic stability and a chance to gain favor with the new government. However this isn't as easy as it seems, for the governor-general is within his impressive fortress in the well defended government sector of the planet. Breaking through the governor's armies will be dangerous but stopping him from proclaiming the planet an independent power is paramount. Darth Mordheim is secretly here, a Sith Necromancer with his own plan for a massive ritual. However this is unknown at this time.

Objective Two:
The World's Impressive System of Ordinance and Missile Batteries cover the world of Cademimu V. Underneath the control of the Cademimu Security Forces and Mercenary Units, they serve as a powerful deterrent to direct invasion by a large fleet and operate as a sign of authority for the Governor-General to enforce his claim of galactic independence. With thousands of citizens trapped in the midst of the civil war, directing relief supplies to them as become a problem due to the missile batteries tearing into any ship that approaches. Taking them out is a top priority before any ships can land on the surface and emergency services can be provided.

Objective Three:
Deep within the City is the Liberator's Main Base of Operations. Directing the entire operation of the liberators across the multiple fronts of the civil war. Through a mole the governor-general has discovered this base within the city and has sent a small army to crush this rebellion against his authority once and for all. Under siege by the Loyalist Forces, outnumbered and outgunned by the better equipped and better trained forces. They are in a desperate situation, and require immediate aid otherwise the civil war will shift into the loyalist's favor and the governor-general will have his way of bringing about a fascist government within the region. Breaking the siege is one of the top priorities of the operation, and must be accomplished before all is lost.

Come and Join the Quest!
OOC: Welcome to the Civil War Thread!. The thread is intended to establish my character of Darth Mordheim as a major villain within the galaxy that is more well known. The Thread is open to everyone so feel free to come and explore the city while the civil war is underway, fight against the liberators or against the loyalist forces. Mordheim will be revealed at some point, so feel free to start without me and post to your heart's content.

Tags from Thread!
Elysium Empire:
Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Regel Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Others:
Ares Atrius Ares Atrius Jin X Jin X

Last edited by a moderator:
LIBERATORS' BASE
UNDER SIEGE
LOWER LEVELS OF THE CADEMIMU CITY-WORLD

Fighting in the nooks and crannies of an ecumenopolis. Salvaging and piecing together the gear that a massively outnumbered resistance movement needs. Repairs on the fly while klick-tall scrapers shiver around me. Done it before, can do it again. That's what I told myself when I showed up with my toolbox.

It never used to feel like this. Maybe that's about who I've got beside me — or don't, I mean.

Seydon of Arda Seydon of Arda never came back from that Varanin expedition at the hind end of the underworld. Jaxton's dead too, him or whatever he became by the end. Dingo Darr's way too old to drag in. The four of us tore the guts out of a fascist Jedi dictatorship in a situation just like this, oh, gotta be fifteen or twenty years back.

Can't get past the comms jamming no matter what I try, and the Loyalists keep slapping down our transceiver sites. No idea whether Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire and Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser got my message. I doubt it.

No Force to speak of, no cash, no ships, like back in the Rebel Alliance days when the best we could manage was evaccing half a step ahead of the Fringe.

And even then, it never used to feel like this.

The feth I get myself into.

Last edited:
The Collector of Robbed Trinkets

Richard Ramirez by SKYND
kjQvp4i.png
Character Voice: X

Objective: 3 (Crush the Liberators)

Gear: Lightsaber, Lightwhip, Pistol, Sniper Rifle
Tags:

War, either waged openly or through rebellion or through civil unrest, was profitable in many ways. There was always a winner in these events, and if one sided with the victor, future personal favors and monetary gains could be had. The problem with aligning with one side or the other during a Civil War was tricky, due in part of the political games being employed by both participating parties. Mercenaries thrived on situations like the one playing out on the planet of Cademimu V, cause their loyalty was prepaid for in advance; the outcome meant nothing to these hired hands. In Civil Wars, outside the drawing of mercs, came heroes flocking from all corners of the known galaxy. Some came to offer true aid to the underdog, others came to make a name for themselves, and some came for the simple fascination of being a part of a changing regime. Besides heroes, villains would cast themselves into the fray. They came mainly for dark, nefarious reasons of their own design. Mostly, like the Mercs they wanted credits or favors; but others wanted something more.

Outside the fortress, chaos continued to brew. Both sides were doing their best to snuff out the other side, turning streets, neighborhoods, and districts in war zones; littering the areas with the dead, burning machines of war, and unadulterated destruction. The inside of the fortress was not spared from it's own brand of chaos, as Generals and other Officers scrambled frantically to stay ahead of the chess game outside, avoiding being checkmated. Jin X, leaning against a wall, watched all the turmoil around her. Several battle-hardened and heavily armored mercs had agreed to assist the Loyalists, and promptly stormed out the building to earn their agreed upon pay. She snickered at this, thinking these fools were selling themselves short. Credits made the galaxy go round and round, but they did no good in death. No, she wanted something more than credits for her services.

"You there," a young Officer brandishing the face of worry and concern said as he strode over to Jin X, "Captain Forythes will see you now. Hurry on now, the Captain is busy and doesn't have time to waste." Jin X found it slightly humorous at the young man's attempts to sound hard and authoritative, sensing the tendrils of fear spreading out deep inside his very existence. If this man was to be sent out into the fray, his sanity would crack and most likely he would dine on a self-inflicted blaster shot. Only in the confines of this fortress did he truly feel secure and safe; possessing the courage to act the role of hard ass. Detaching herself from the wall, she blew a kiss at the Officer whilst she strode past him, flashing him a smile afterwards from a mouth filled with knife-like serrated teeth. That elevated his fear levels.

"You mercenaries are relentless," Captain Forythes, a robust man with rosy cheeks and a poor skin condition that bordered on some kind of plague like condition, said from behind his desk, his eyes locked on the reports on the mahogany top. "You dare to rob us of credits, and yet, produce little to no results," he added before looking up. What stood before him was not an image he expected, and his face betrayed his thoughts. "Disappointed," Jin X said displaying a mocking bow. "First and foremost, Captain, I am not a mercenary. Secondly, I do not require your credits to be of service to your Governor-General's cause. I come to offer my skills against your enemy, and as payment, we'll discuss details later."

V

Ploy of the Necromancer
Civil War on Cademimu V

TAGS:
OBJECTIVE: Objective One

LOCATION: The Government Sector. Inside the Governor-General's Fortress
RELEVANT LINKS: Darth Mordheim
SPECIAL ITEMS: Shield Talisman | Cloak of Hate | Sith Spellbook | Sith Regenerator

The flickering glow of the holographic table would shine into his long white beard, as yellow eyes would stare down at the projection of the city before him. His plan was flawless in the fact that no matter who would eventually win the conflict the ritual would be completed regardless. Undead Armies upon Armies would secure the planet for himself and allow him to establish a powerbase to cause terror within the region. Although he was careful as to not appear to overconfident, the galaxy was full of heros that might attempt to disrupt his plans and he no doubt was aware that the civil war would reach the major galactic powers within the region. This planet was far too valuable for him to simply abandon outright, else his entire manipulation of the government would be for not. He had to make sure that whatever forces that came to assist the liberators were destroyed.

"My plan is going exactly as I expected. However there are many unknown factors that could disrupt my plans. Monitoring the battle from the city's surveillance system should allow me to direct the battle in my favor. Unfortunately it is unknown if jedi will be present on the battlefield, which might present a challenge for the governor-general's forces within the region." Mordheim spoke to himself, as the command station was busy with officers running around the room trying to combat the liberators at every turn. The battle was taking longer than expected and some feared within the room that they would lose and be executed. Mordheim had to laugh inside of his head for just a minute, he didn't intend to let his pawns lose or at least not without a considerable fight. Looking around the room, he took notice of the defenses within the room and that they were sufficient enough to hold of any invaders for a short period of time. More than enough for him to sneak away with the governor-general and his staff deeper into the fortress depths.

He had not chosen this planet simply because of its resources or missile batteries, although that certainly helped him in multiple ways. But the sheer number of people on the planet that could be raised from the dead to serve him and him alone. Mordheim had risked much by manipulating the governor-general into starting the civil war with the liberators, he had implanted within his mind that this was his plan all along and that mordheim was simply his pawn for executing it. Having had enough of peering at the holographic table in front of himself, he moved away from it and walked up the stairs towards the governor-general of the world. That was currently overlooking military operations to keep his hold on the city itself. Mordheim brushed his beard for a minute, before coughing to gain the governor-general's attention and allowed him to address him before he carried on.

[POV: Edgar Buckley, Governor-General of Cademimu V]

Adjusting his battle armor with his black shoulder cape, he overlooked the various holographic images around the room. Directing his forces was paramount to securing victory over the world and declaring it an independent state, seperate from the galactic powers within the region. "How dare the liberators challenge my rightful claim to this world, I am a military veteran that have defended this planet for years." Buckley spoke within his own head, slamming his fist down into the consol which promptly broke. The Populace had loved him for years and elected him rightfully the governor-general of this world, so what if his policies were considered authoritarian or that he issued curfews. They had no right to rebel against the rightful government of the system.

Turning his head when he heard the steps of mordheim walk up the steps to where he was currently was. He had to admit to himself that although the sith lord was old, he had excellent strategic planning and had provided him significant funding. When he was approached at first by the sith lord, he had considered executing them on the spot, until the dark lord pledged his loyalty to his government and would boost there forces with the undead. He turned around fully now, to face him speaking in a stern military voice. "Lord Mordheim, We have secured the battlefield like you anticipated. With our mole in the Liberators we have uncovered there base and are close to destroying them. However we can't be so sure that others from outside the system haven't gotten past our defenses. Soon I will declare myself the emperor of this system, and rule for all eternity with you by my side" He said clearly overconfident in his ability but he had some level of intelligence when it comes to battlefield planning, waiting for a response and gesturing him to observe the various monitors. While his various general staff would speak with the officers within the command room, telling them to redirect supplies and troops to back up these forces or to assault this location. Everything would soon fall exactly into place.

It was going to be a miracle if she didn't kill him. Coren Starchaser was a fan and consistent user of Silk Products as well as his own company, so finding routes was never a problem, and getting communications? Well, less than ideal, compared to navigation, but he could still do it. He really wasn't sure what he was getting into, but if Jorus was involved? Well, he wasn't sure what his old friend was getting into. The thing he did know?

The man was getting involved without the Force. Not that it should be a be-all-end-all. But it helped.

The message was coming from Cademimu? Fine, he could make that work. Delivery run was done, he didn't have Valora Starchaser aboard, would just make sure to send Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel a message.

And one out to Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill .

Where could he land his boat when he arrived?

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

4 cruisers | 9 corvettes | 152 Fighters/bombers | 20 support craft | 20 cargo transports

Breakdown:

2 Makashi Class Light Cruisers
  • HMS Shii-Cho (Flag)
    • 1x X-class Elysium Starfighter Squadron (X) 163rd Squadron
    • 1x Ferrum-Class Bomber Squadron (X) Bantha Boy Squadron
    • 1x Imperial LAAT-2 Squadron (X)
    • Module slots have high powered sensors and comm arrays for breaking through jamming
      • (X) booster included
  • HMS Ataru
    • 1x X-class Elysium Starfighter Squadron (X)
    • 1x Ferrum-Class Bomber Squadron (X)
    • Module slots have been fitted with Battledroidracks, entire ship is capable of carrying 8000 battle droids at a time.

2 Rectifier Class Heavy Cruisers
  • HMS Verdict
    • 1x Saberdroid Starfighter Squadron (X)
  • HMS Judgment

6 Val Khaar-class Corvettes
  • HMS Black Mamba
    • 1x ST-Class Multirole Starfighter squadron (X)
  • HMS Python
  • HMS Constrictor
  • HMS Cobra
  • HMS Rattler
  • HMS Asp

3 KH-ICC Corvettes
  • HMS Viper
  • HMS Garter
  • HMS Adder

20 Rancor Class Heavy Transports
  • All carrying supplies and reinforcements for the liberators

Objective 1 | escort supply/reinforcement convoy to the liberators once the missile batteries are down.

Objective 2 | provide fire support for ground forces that are fighting the loyalists once the missile batteries are down

The tunnel of light outside the viewport roared past the light cruiser as the HMS Shii-Cho propelled forward through hyperspace. The flashing lights outside were illuminating the bridge almost entirely as the sole light source as the rest of artificial lights throughout the ship were dimmed for General Quarters readiness.

Vice Admiral Burtch, newly promoted, stood beside his flag captain, Captain Treyfa as they watched out the forward viewport together in silence. He, Treyfa, and several other senior officers had already discussed this mission to exhaustion during the trip until now, and there was little else to be said at this point. They were as ready as they could be. All they could do now was stand and wait.

Burtch had ordered his little fleet of cruisers and corvettes to be at General Quarters just a couple parsecs away from their destination. The situation on Cademinu was highly volatile and contested, so as they drew closer, the risk of stumbling into an active interdiction field was increasing with every light year. Not that there was any indication that they'd run into one, but Burtch was not keen on getting caught unprepared. He was a professional, first and foremost, and he would not let a small miscalculation on his part spell the end of the lives he was responsible for.

He glanced at his second in command, Captain Treyfa, and she quickly glanced back at him and nodded sharply in acknowledgement. Burtch personally hated the little Pantoran female. She seemed to be smarter than him and liked to show it, but she was damn good at her job and was fiercely loyal. But after being away from the HMS Shii-Cho for nearly a year on a desk assignment, Burtch had to admit that a small part of him was happy to even see her again. This ship meant… something… to him, and she was just as part of it as the guns on its hull. Here, he was home, and she embodied a small piece of that home. He chose to accept that as something he wouldn't ever change, even if he could.

She then spoke up, "the three KH-ICC corvettes reported that are ready to deploy the moment we drop out of hyperspace, Admiral."

Burtch returned his gaze to the viewport, "yes, I heard the same reports you did, Captain. Are you just trying to make conversation?" He asked flatly. He kept his tone low enough so that the others on the bridge couldn't hear.

Treyfa returned her own gaze to the viewport, and then answered in an equally quiet tone, "I guess I'm a little worried, sir. This mission puts us at a huge risk. We'll be exposed one way or another for an indeterminable amount of time until the missile batteries can be shut down. Everything rests in the hands of Var-Sulis Var-Sulis and his team."

Burtch nodded. He turned his gaze back towards her and recaptured her gaze in return. He bored his eyes into hers and spoke with quiet dignity, "we are officers of the Elysium Empire, Captain. Our naval traditions are proud and our training is of the highest standard. We will handle anything that comes our way and we will do so in only the way that the Elysium Empire can do. And we are prepared for lies ahead.."

"Yes sir" Treyfa replied sharply and turned back to the viewport. She said nothing else.

Burtch couldn't blame her for her apprehension. His little fleet could potentially be exposed for a substantial amount of time if Var-Sulis Var-Sulis took too long to bring down the missile batteries. He also had the option of 'running the gauntlet' of planetary missile batteries, but that tactic had ugly repercussions. His ships were well suited for screening a barrage of missiles for a substantial period of time, but 'substantial' did not mean 'unlimited'. They needed to be able to provide sustainable fire support for the liberators if they were to make any difference, and any supply runs were guaranteed to be a costly one-way trip with what they had available. Running the gauntlet was a last resort, plain and simple. And sitting parked outside of the missile batteries' extreme firing range, like they were about to do, invited other risks…

So that's where the KH-ICC corvettes came in…

Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Regel Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss Ares Atrius Ares Atrius Jin X Jin X Darth Mordheim

Last edited:
Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Location: Cademimu System | Cademimu V | Under Levels | Liberator's Base
Objective 3: Provide Medical Aid to the Liberators
Equipment: Bacta (limited) | Pulmonary Resuscitation Kit | Intensive Care Pod (broken) | Gravstretchers (90% in use) | Delta Wave Inducer (faulty) | Bioscanner | Synthskin (limited)
Nearby: Darth Mordheim | Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill | Jin X Jin X | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

- - - - -

Luther was up to his elbows in blood.

The patient, a 24-year-old liberator woman, had lost 2 litres of blood - just over a third of their total capacity. The majority had been lost in an attack, and the rest had stained Luther's hands red as he desperately tried to suture up dozens upon dozens of cuts. He'd already burned through a lot of blood-bags, but the end was in sight. The overhead lights illuminated his makeshift surgery, giving him just enough light to put in the final microsuture and spray the cuts with bacta spray.

Dr Luther Lewis stepped back from the patient and let out a deep sigh, the exhaustion showing on his face. He gazed around the medical room, piled up with stretchers and beds, with barely enough room to move in between. They'd been working around the clock lately; with supplies running low and medics lost in attacks, they were near the breaking point.

This latest wave of patients had in fact almost tipped them over the edge. A team that had been sent into the Government Sector had been ambushed by something the Sergeant had called 'Buzz Droids' – small droids armed with saws and drills. The swarm decimated 80% of the platoon and left the remainder near death. The woman on the table in front of him was the last to need treatment.

Luther gladly handed over to the other Doctor, who was free after finally getting the Delta Wave Inducer working. He scrubbed out as best he could, in the less-than-suitable working conditions, and started doing a stocktake of their supplies

Getting the device functional again sent relief flooding through his body. With the scarcity of anaesthetic, that inducer was one of the only methods of rendering a patient unconscious. The rest of his equipment and supplies were dire unfortunately. They'd had an intensive care pod that had failed one week in - Luther ended up cannibalising the machine to get access to it's bioscanner plus its reserves of synthskin and bacta. Most of their stretchers had been converted into sickbay beds and their resuscitation kit was constantly being passed from patient to patient.

The headache that had slowly been building all day hit its peak, radiating down from his temples, and pulsing behind his eyes. He felt a weariness that penetrated deep into his body, down to his bones. He dropped the clipboard and stumbled out of the storeroom.

He pushed his way out of the medical wing, desperate to breathe air that didn't smell of death and detergent. The rest of the base didn't look much better than his surgery. The liberators were under the strain of a vicious siege; there wasn't one person who didn't outwardly show the effects. He saw many people who likely needed medical attention, but he didn't stop them as they walked past. He didn't have room for them, and many didn't want to go into the medical wing – opting instead to die on their feet.

He didn't want to go back in, he was burned out. "5 more minutes" Luther said to himself, taking a deep breath. "Just 5 more minutes…"

Second King of The Elysium Empire

Objective: Repel the Loyalists attack on the Liberator Base, then counter attack once AA Missiles are down.
Inventory:
Troops:
  • 30x Stormtroopers (Elite)
  • 150 Liberator Infantry (Well armed Militia)
    • Alpha: 25
    • Bravo: 25
    • Charlie: 25
    • Delta: 25
    • Foxtrot: 50
  • 2 Liberator Snipers and their spotters (4 men total)
  • 1 Liberator Engineer Squadron of 10 men.
  • Once AA Missiles are down, Burtch will provide air support and reinforcements.
Tags: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Luther Lewis Luther Lewis Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Darth Mordheim

Rex was already on the planet, in the Liberator base under the surface, along with a small detachment of Stormtroopers...not the "bucketheads" of The First Galactic Empire, but the new, elite Stormtroopers of The Elysium Empire. The small force consisted of thirty men. However Rex was not alone; The Liberators had a significant force ready to battle, with over 300 men. The Elysium Empire had been funneling funds and arms to the liberators for quite some time now, and the time to strike had come. However Loyalist forces struck first. Rex arrived a day before the siege started, and has been in the base since then. However, Vice Admiral Burtch has recently arrived with reinforcements, though only some have been able to infiltrate the planet.

Intelligence reports have shown that the loyalists are planning their final assault on the liberator base, and Rex has assumed command of all remaining forces. If he can hold out for one more day, the Liberators can assault the loyalist HQ with Elysium reinforcements and fire support, and help disrupt the New Imperial Order's hold on the region.

While under siege, the Liberators were able to set up decent defenses around the base. A few static repeating rifles, a gas mine field on to the North, and a sniper nest hanging from the tunnel roof. But it wasn't enough, not to Rex. The consequences of failure would be drastic. He didn't like relying on so little....

Last edited:

Saram Kote

Strill Securities Al'verde

y43pnZR.jpg

OBJECTIVE TWO
Friendly Units:
Ally Tag(s): Liberators | Open
Enemy Tag(s): Cademimu Security Forces | Open
Ruus had an aruetiise saying that he liked to use to describe situations like this, "When it rained, it shabla poured." Apparently the fall of the Confederacy hadn't been enough for the galaxy, but now some dini'la di'kute had taken over Cademimu V, and the planet's massive stockpile of missiles. These missiles were positively ancient, but still deadly, and were perfectly set to make these di'kute a force to be reckoned with, which given what they were seeing in former Confederacy space and in the Rim, was the last thing the galaxy needed. Despite appearances, all out chaos and a lack of relative balance between the galactic powers was in actuality really bad for business.
Cademimu was in Silver Jetii space, with the contract with the Confederacy now expired, they had no reason to be here. Except that wasn't entirely accurate. With the New Imperial Order finally consolidating its holdings, Breshig had for the second time in her lifetime been evacuated. It was a purely military withdrawal this time, not like the ba'slan shev'la during the Sith invasion. Only problem was, according to fleet, the withdrawal was passing through this area. Not that their drives were so short ranged that they'd need to drop out anywhere near here, but no one was putting it past the shabuire in charge to start interdicting traffic coming through.
The alor'd offered a nice sum of credits to the squad that was willing to go in and start knocking out those missiles. With as much as they'd been up to before and since the fall of the Confederacy, Davaab had probably earned the right to stay off this job, but causing headaches for shabuire like this'd become a hobby at this point, and none of them had any intention of giving that up now. Given the planet's location, the company hadn't put together an assault force to take it, the credits from the Confederacy contract weren't going to last forever and they didn't need to spend the effort and credits it would take when it was almost guaranteed that someone else would do just that.
Killing the shabuire in charge was much more of a tall order than it appeared, initial reconnaissance that they'd conducted proved that he was dug in and that on their own, there was going to be little point trying to get in. The missile control and operations center'd been a tempting target, especially given that it wasn't hard to find. The only problem was that it too was locked down tighter than a Hutt's pantry. So they'd come up with a new plan; hit the batteries themselves. Once a few were down, that ought to relieve the pressure on the Liberators, the locals taking the fight to the shabuire in charge. Hit enough of the batteries, and eventually things would change around the command center. Time, however, was not exactly on their side.
That necessitated two fireteams. The plan was relatively simple; neutralize the warheads, sabotage the missiles and guidance computer and get the haran out of there. Ideally before more of them showed up. Worse came to worst, they'd disappear back into the shadows they'd come from, Ori'akar personal cloaking devices and the passive stealth systems of their armor keeping them safe from detection, electronic or something more esoteric.
"Davaab rayshe'a to Davaab resol, we're in position. On your go," chimed in her second in command's voice over the comms. Thanks to the linked Manda modules of their armor, Saram could see that the situation on Ran's end was the same as theirs. Sentries, anti-personnel emplacements, the usual that could be expected at an installation such as this. Perched up where they were, they could systematically annihilated the sentries and the guns guarding their approach vector before the rest of the garrison responded, but that was just a waste of time. They were going to have to slip in and get this done nice and quiet.
"'Lek, 5. Engage at will," she replied, glancing back at the others and re-opening their fireteam freq. "You vode ready to have some fun?" After all their planning and deliberation, it was finally time to kick some shebs and get paid for doing it.
"And get paid for doing it," said Rusana, echoing her thoughts on the matter precisely. Jaing let out a dark chuckle in response, one that she could feel his anticipation through without him having to voice the same. A quick glance at their status indicators on her HUD told her what she already knew from having served alongside them for so long; they were ready.
Without another exchanged word, the three other Mandalorians with her leapt into air on wings of invisible fire as their rocket-repulsor packs gently slowed their fall down to the outpost, their cloaking systems struggling, but managing to keep up. The four of them landed with all the fanfare of a feather hitting the floor. Before any of the sentries had a chance to wonder if they saw dust being ever so slightly displaced or not, they were on the move again.
As they approached the entrance, their anti-security blades came to life, jamming short-ranged communications and shutting down the cameras at the entrance. This would not go without notice, but then they didn't need long. One of the sentries winced as static filled his comms headset, and as the man reached up to wrench it off, she put an AP round from her LRH-5A Verpine Shatter Pistol right through the man's skull. It took a moment, but the door's magnetic seals yielded under constant assault from the four anti-security blades, allowing them to step past the dead sentries into the installation itself. Now the fun really started.

V

Ploy of the Necromancer
Civil War on Cademimu V

DIRECT TAGS: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Saram Kote Saram Kote
TAGS NEARBY: Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Jin X Jin X Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Luther Lewis Luther Lewis
OBJECTIVE:
Objective One

LOCATION: The Government Sector. The Governor-General's Fortress
SPECIAL ITEMS: Shield Talisman | Cloak of Hate | Sith Spellbook | Sith Regenerator

[POV: The Control & Operations Center]
[Tag: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch ]
The Communication Officer took notice of energy signatures approaching the system. Alerting the Deck Officer for instructions. "Sir, COMSCAN has detected a small fleet of vessels approaching the system. Shall we engage the primary batteries once they are in range." The Communication Officer said with a slight alertness in his voice, defending the planet was there primary job and failure wasn't exactly an option. "Once the fleet is in range of our primary and secondary missile batteries, begin to fire all we have currently loaded at there leading vessel and target any of there supply ships. Alert the ordinance crews to begin loading new missiles once the volly has been fired." The Deck Officer said, pressing the button on his console to issue a high alert. Red lights would blair around the center, as the forces within the control center would be issued a delta red status, meaning the highest alert for a possible breach. "Yes, Sir. Attention all battery operators, begin primary and secondary battery activation and bring them around to begin firing at the leading vessel once it is in range." The Communication Officer said, on the monitor system. Before going back to monitoring the various communications of the center, and receiving orders from the General Staff at the Loyalist HQ. All across the city, the primary and secondary batteries would roar into existence, beginning to open up there spiral heads. Once the enemy fleet got into range, they would begin to bombarded them into submission with various types of missiles ranging from nuclear to ion missiles and everything in between. The War Chest of the Outer Rim wouldn't be so easy to conquer.

[Pov: The Liberator's Base Siege]
[Tag: Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Luther Lewis Luther Lewis ]
General Beauregard had been sent to assault the liberator's main base and eradicate this rebellion for the governor-general. Having around 1800 men in total from the Cademimu V First Army Corps, comprised of mostly fodder but effective scrapper-series battle droids backed up by the more powerful variant of the Droideka, the Mark II. His second line was comprised of the planetary security forces, which were better trained than the militia that the liberators could come up with. "Attention all Units, begin to lay siege to the liberator's base. All Scrapper-Series Battle Droids advance forward to your assigned objective zones." He said, over the encrypted channel to the mass receivers of the scrapper-series battle droids. He currently was behind the line, directing operations from a run down casino which was fortified to prevent the liberators from knocking him out of the fight. As they marched into the lower levels, having received some form of intelligence from the government mole within the liberators, he had sent a sizeable force to the north to clear that area of suspected liberators. He merged his army corps into two seperate forces comprised of tanks and the planetary security forces. Sending a considerable army of 700 men to the east to flank around, and sending another force of 200 men to the west to enter into the old service tunnels which connected the various parts of the city. Planning to flush them out by flooding the sewer lines, which would spill into the liberator's base. General Beauregard was confident that he would win this siege with minimal loses.

[POV: The First Regional Missile Battery]
[TAG: Saram Kote Saram Kote ]
Static filled the monitors of the communication deck of the First Regional Missile Battery. "Sir, communications are down. We can't contact any forces nearby our location or send a warning to the Control and Operations Center." The Communication Officer said within the sealed room on the 4rd floor of the battery itself. "Deploy the garrison in the 2nd and 3rd floor, send a force of armored trandoshans to secure the first floor and attempt to reroute our communications to a secure server that isn't connected to the battery station itself." The Commanding Officer said, wearing his own battle armor that was protective enough for him to survive multiple shots. The Station was issued a high alert, as the various technicians and engineers attempt to reroute communications to another location. Scrapper-Series Battle Droids and Droideka Mark II's would be deployed in large numbers on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the missile battery. Although the scrapper-series wasn't going to be a problem for hardened and experienced, warriors they were more bulky than standard b1 battle droids of the old confederacy and could survive multiple shots before going down, along with having various models that were skilled with various tasks. The Droideka Mark II were a weapon of their own self, and had more weaponry than a standard droideka, making them a deadly force to be reckoned with.

A Squad of Armored Trandoshans would go down to the 1st floor of the battery which had been compromised no doubt by the liberators. Wearing a mix of scrap armor and wielding heavy blaster carbines, along with several thermal detonators. They would be scanning the various hallways until they arrived at the second entrance door, waiting behind it with the lights off. To ambush anyone attempting to break past the second entrance door that was a little farther away than the first one that was broken into at this moment in time. Although the trandoshans didn't know who the enemy was, they were counting on their tough scales and brute strength to finish the intruders off.

[POV: Darth Mordheim]

"Your forces are still fighting all over the city, at this moment in time. There is no guarantee that your forces will be able to break past the liberator's defensive line that they have no doubt established and with communications relaying from the control center. A small fleet has arrived to no doubt assist the liberators in defeating the rightful government of the system." Darth Mordheim spoke, observing the various displays around the room. Relying on the governor's forces to successfully assault various locations and hold them before the liberators could regroup and strike back would be a gamble. But if the situation turned sour, he could always raise some of the undead to fight in place of organic soldiers. Freeing up the governor's men to secure the control and operations center, or better yet defend the government sector from a counterattack should the liberators somehow survive the engagement with the Cademimu V First Army Corps. If everything went to plan this entire planet would be directly underneath his control right underneath the nose of the Silver Jedi. Although he was a bit surprised, that they had not arrived yet with a sizeable force to eliminate this governor. He wasn't stupid enough to completely underestimate the silver jedi, clearly they were going to arrive at some point once the rumors of a civil war went far enough in the galaxy. But for now all he could do was wait for the governor-general's response to his previous statements and give some indication of what his overall battle plan was to secure the planet.

Direct Tag: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Saram Kote Saram Kote
Allies: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun / open
Enemies: ?? / open

"Burtch...Bur..." I stopped mid-sentence as I scoped out the terrain and spotted the several Missle battery systems opening fire on the approaching vessels in the distance above and afar. The sounds of the alarms coming from within the base were a musical jingle to my ears. A battle that had already started. And they forgot me?...Tsk...tsk...Using my thermal binoculars again I would use it to scan and see nothing, however..Slight traces of footprinted vibration signatures were faintly spotted...one..no three..individuals possibly making their way into the base from the Eastside. Merc's? Private force? Time would tell. It looks as if someone beat me to the prime cut. No matter...My mission was important..And they just made it easier for me. Dusting off some debris from my metallic battle armor, I put the one eye scanner over my left pupil scanning for threats as I looked over my shoulder at my Elysium Emperial Single Ion cell Jetpack. All equipment is stored properly, as long as I don't get shot from behind..But from the looks of it..This is a frontal assault endeavor.

Opening the comms link I quickly patched through on an encrypted channel where Burtch and I were connected to. "Burtch....something's moving in. Not our guys though..I'm playing clean-up behind. Give me T-Minus Ten..You'll know when it's party time...Alpha Command Out." I transmitted as a small leap down the hillside and a propelled jump into the air with my jetpack activated it was time to get to work...Cautiously..And providing enough distance between me and the three I saw enter moments beforehand. Holding My custom E-11 and have activated absorption shield inhibitor..This should be easy..Or so I'm led to believe. Taking focused breaths I use tactical pacing and head inside carefully seeking cover behind the nearest visible object looking at what is taking place

Last edited:
The Collector of Robbed Trinkets

Character Voice: X

Objective: 3 (Crush the Liberators)

Gear: Lightsaber, Lightwhip, Pistol, Sniper Rifle
Tags: Darth Mordheim

A special assignment was given to Jin X, one she accepted without pause. Her mission was simple, sneak into the Liberator's base and assassinate the heads of the resistance. By nature, she wasn't an assassin, but she was the right person for the job; and her payment agreed upon was more than satisfying compensation. However, getting to the base and sneaking in was no easy task. There was, after all, a war raging across the landscape. Getting through the warzones would be the first major hurdle, and there was no way around it except fighting through it and utilizing cunning along the route.

With the fortress a few blocks behind her, she dipped inside a war-ravaged building, all the windows had been blown out with the majority of the building's structure heavily damaged and scarred with blaster fire. Quickly she ran up the stairs, leaping across spaces in the stairway left in the wake of fighting by the two opposing forces, spilling out onto a floor that probably once housed several offices. At random, she chose one of the abandoned offices, crouching down by the window. Stealing a quick glance, Jin X spied a small squad of three Liberator sympathizers patrolling the streets below. With efficiency bordering on the supernatural, she unslung her sniper rifle drawing down on the trio. Closing her eyes, Jin X reached out drawing the Force to her whilst placing her trigger finger on the weapon's firing mechanism. The dark side answered the Fiend's request, then in three quick sessions she squeezed the trigger: killing the patrol in a murderous breath. Each death rewarded her with both praise and satisfaction within the Force.

After replacing the sniper rifle back to its resting place, Jin X leapt over the side of the building's makeshift opening, guided by the Force, landing with a perfect stick. As quickly as possible, unsure how many Liberator patrols were out hunting the Loyalists in this part of the district, she rummaged through the dead men's pockets, looking for anything of worth. Outside of eating the dead, Jin X found scavenging corpses produced its own rewards in the forms of credits, trinkets to be pawned, and other items of worth to black market gurus. Before leaving, she took a few pieces of flesh to eat along the way, to sustain the growing hunger threatening to intervene against completing her mission.

e currently was behind the line, directing operations from a run down casino which was fortified to prevent the liberators from knocking him out of the fight. As they marched into the lower levels, having received some form of intelligence from the government mole within the liberators, he had sent a sizeable force to the north to clear that area of suspected liberators. He merged his army corps into two seperate forces comprised of tanks and the planetary security forces. Sending a considerable army of 700 men to the east to flank around, and sending another force of 200 men to the west to enter into the old service tunnels which connected the various parts of the city. Planning to flush them out by flooding the sewer lines, which would spill into the liberator's base. General Beauregard was confident that he would win this siege with minimal loses.

A special assignment was given to Jin X, one she accepted without pause. Her mission was simple, sneak into the Liberator's base and assassinate the heads of the resistance. By nature, she wasn't an assassin, but she was the right person for the job; and her payment agreed upon was more than satisfying compensation. However, getting to the base and sneaking in was no easy task. There was, after all, a war raging across the landscape.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser would get no response to his request for landing directions. Between jamming and mechanical failures and a thousand demands on his time, Jorus didn't even get the message.

The siege was in full swing. Dug-in Liberator fighters would hold off Loyalist troops as long as possible. The tanks got special attention, both because they represented a disproportionate chunk of the attackers' firepower...

...and because the depths of a three-dimensional city offered unique opportunities. Tanks were heavy, difficult to maneuver in close quarters. Passages and bridges could be rigged to collapse, clog, or just plain explode. The more of that firepower the tanks brought to bear on their complications, the more layers of the city might collapse on them.

Which brings us to Jorus, squeezing between evacuated levels and access shafts with a backpack full of improvised explosives. He was fairly sure the enemy had passed this position, making him behind enemy lines. A bad time to be armed with nothing more nimble than a cutting torch.

He eased through a hatch and into an abandoned street that had recently seen battle. Just down the way, a woman appeared to be looting three corpses, a Liberator patrol.

Jin X Jin X

Regel

R
Objective 1: Civil war. Attempting to infiltrate the army of 700 on east flank who will attack the Liberators. Attempting to locate key targets, and assassinate.

The Chiss had already taken on an alteration. A human one, and his polyweave had been made to replicate that of the outfits used by the 700 men, or at least of the same style should they be loosely managed. However, his presence was not yet revealed. He had his stealth generator active and was carefully making his own way around to their own flank. He might have been only one man, but his methods were not as simple as sneaking in and shooting things up. Instead he had brought Smoke grenades and a number of thermal detonators. His true intention was to locate any leaders, 700 was a lot of men to simply let run around. They'd be disorganized without some hierarchy system. Even if there were dozens, simply hitting a couple would cause enough chaos to delay or confuse their communicating systems.

Since he was aiming to use thermal detonators, and not simply stab them in the back, being stealthed was far less of an issue. And so his changed appearance and clothing was more as a backup, and could be changed as he went if necessary. Instead, he'd simply flick a switch with a timer, release it somewhere discreet, and sneak away before it went off. It was that simple, if he could find them.

If they weren't so obvious, there were alternatives, he'd simply release them into groups to add some chaos, perhaps spread rumors of traitors and create a little distrust.

Eventually, his objective would change. He wanted to go after the main leader. Assassinate him, and the battle would be over. But it wouldn't mean much if the liberators were dead before that even happened. So he was preforming this 'side mission' of sorts before he even tried to find out if he could get to them.

Tags: Darth Mordheim Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Summary: Fighting for Liberators. Attempting to slip detonators near key small leaders or closely gathered groups of the army of 700 meant to flank the liberators stronghold. Most relevant to Darth Mordheim I think.

EQUIPMENT:
Stealth field generator
Gambit disrupter pistol
Polyweave
Viper series multi role blaster rifle
Smoke grenades
Thermal Detonators

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Objective Three
Aid in the defense of the Liberators’ stronghold

Interaction: Open

4 cruisers | 9 corvettes | 152 Fighters/bombers | 20 support craft

Breakdown:

2 Makashi Class Light Cruisers
  • HMS Shii-Cho (Flag)
    • 1x X-class Elysium Starfighter Squadron (X) 163rd Squadron
    • 1x Ferrum-Class Bomber Squadron (X) Bantha Boy Squadron
    • Module slots have high powered sensors and comm arrays for breaking through jamming
      • (X) booster included
  • HMS Ataru
    • 1x X-class Elysium Starfighter Squadron (X)
    • 1x Ferrum-Class Bomber Squadron (X)
    • Module slots have been fitted with Battledroidracks, entire ship is capable of carrying 8000 battle droids at a time.

2 Rectifier Class Heavy Cruisers
  • HMS Verdict
  • HMS Judgment

6 Val Khaar-class Corvettes
  • HMS Black Mamba
  • HMS Python
  • HMS Constrictor
  • HMS Cobra
  • HMS Rattler
  • HMS Asp

3 KH-ICC Corvettes
  • HMS Viper
  • HMS Garter
  • HMS Adder

20 Rancor Class Heavy Transports
  • All carrying supplies and reinforcements for the liberators

Objective 1 | escort supply/reinforcement convoy to the liberators once the missile batteries are down.

Objective 2 | provide fire support for ground forces that are fighting the loyalists

The tunnel of strobing white-blue lights began to resolve into streaks; the streaks then began to resolve into slowing stars. The stars came to a slow, gradual stop before the planet began to slowly expand in the forward viewport. The swelling of the massive orb then stopped when it only took up half of the view out of the forward viewport.

Burtch was pleased by the accuracy of his navigators. He had instructed them to drop out of hyperspace well outside of the planet's gravity well and well outside of the projected extreme range of Cademinu's missile batteries. The main holo display in the middle of the bridge space showed the rest of the fleet slapped into existence sporadically around the HMS Shii-Cho in a relatively tight formation.

The designated bridge-talker, Lieutenant Commander Silverstrike, listened to his headset before making his report to Burtch and Treyfa, "Sir, ma'am. All ships are accounted for and report no issues. The three KH-ICC corvettes are already firing up their gravity well projectors, as previously ordered and are assembling at the middle of the formation with the Rancor Transports. Saber droid fighter escorts are launching from the heavy cruisers, as well as the three inderdictor corvettes, and all stations are still reporting full readiness."

"Very good, Commander Silverstrike. Have all our ships hunker down in this position for now and wait for word from the surface. We won't run the gauntlet unless we are forced to. And start getting scans on the planetside situation so we can get an idea what we're dealing with right now." Burtch replied to his bridge talker. Silverstrike then began relaying his orders quickly and efficiently, as he always did.

Burtch was pleased at how efficiently the fleet had followed his orders to the letter so far. Among many things that could've gone wrong, the one thing Burtch had worried about the most was how quickly his KH-ICC corvettes would get their interdictor fields up. His earlier orders had been to fire up the gravity well generators as soon as the exit from hyperspace would allow them, and the crews of those ships had clearly done their best. To Burtch, it appeared as though the captains and their crews had striven to pull out all the stops to get those systems as primed and ready as possible in advance. He intended to remark on their performance in his reports later.

He watched the main holo display shift to a depiction of the gravity wells that were forming. A massive sphere representing the interdictor field formed around the little fleet and expanded to an extreme range beyond the extreme firing range of any modern naval weaponry. The gravity field continued to expand until it intersected with the outer gravity well of the planet, closing the corridor between the fleet and Cademinu. It expanded still after that, until it stopped at the farthest reaches of their active scanning capacity.

In truth, a single KH-ICC corvette could not generate a field that big, but the three of them working together were powerful enough to triple the range. The result; anyone who chose to ambush Burtch's tiny fleet would have to start from the edge of the gravity well and "run the gauntlet" to get within effective engagement range. Burtch had predicted (with Treyfa's help) that the planetary missile batteries would prevent them from being able to hide inside the safety of Cademinu's gravity well. Sitting just outside the gravity well, waiting for the call to action, left them far too exposed to getting "tackled" by surprise by a larger force. So he had "borrowed" some interdictors from the Striking Serpent Battlegroup.

"Sir, I have reports from the sensory division," Silverstrike announced.

Burtch nodded, "go ahead, commander"

"Comms are being jammed on the ground and we have no way to request tactical data from our friends with the Liberators. We have enhanced communications systems on this ship but we can't hear them unless they have a way to transmit through the jamming themselves. We can talk to them, but they can't talk to us unless they establish some kind of high power transmitter." Silverstrike's face flushed with apologetic embarrassment as he realized he was making observations in the middle of a report. He centered himself and pressed on, "however, sensors are not being jammed and scans show several Loyalist battle tanks moving in on the Liberators' stronghold."

Burtch's heart sank. Tanks were rarely ever used in anything other than a full frontal assault. So it has already begun…

He looked at Captain Treyfa and her own expression was as grim as his own. They had hoped this wasn't the case, but they were fairly well prepared for every scenario, including this one. But it will be costly though…

He turned to his Sergeant At Arms, "Load all the LAAT-2s in the fleet with Marines. Prepare for a high risk aerial incursion. And since the Loyalists are deploying tanks, we better arm one-in-twenty of them with Lynx Rocket Launchers. Inform me when the ships are fully loaded and by then the fleet will have preparations ready to help you get to the ground."

TLDR:

• Elysium Fleet dropped out of hyperspace out of Cademinu's gravity well and outside of the missiles range.
  • KH-ICC corvettes deploy gravity well to keep potential ambushers at a distance and to keep opponents from cutting off the Elysium Fleet's route to the planet.
  • Fleet sensors determine that the liberators are under attack.
  • Preparations begin to send supplemental marines to the planet's surface using LAAT-2s, but are not deploying just yet.
  • Main reinforcements will still remain with the fleet after the supplemental reinforcements of marines are sent.

Direct tags
Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Regel Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss Darth Mordheim Saram Kote Saram Kote

Other tags
Ares Atrius Ares Atrius Jin X Jin X Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Luther Lewis Luther Lewis Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

(OOC: hard to determine who is direct and who is not here, since it’s not quite clear yet. Mostly guesswork on my part. I’m open to anyone.)

Last edited:

V

Ploy of the Necromancer
Civil War on Cademimu V
NPC Posts

DIRECT TAGS: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Regel
TAGS NEARBY: Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Jin X Jin X Saram Kote Saram Kote Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Luther Lewis Luther Lewis Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Ares Atrius Ares Atrius
Var-Sulis Var-Sulis

[POV: The Eastern Flank Army]
[The Liberator's Base Siege]
[Tag Regel]
Colonel Oberon was in charge of the eastern offensive, split from the main army of General Beauregard. His main objective was to flank around the liberators base with some 700 men and attack from different vectors. Knowing that any military command needed various under commanders to ensure morale and advance them forward. He had seven commissars split into the 700 men, with a single commissar assigned to only 100 men at a time. Allowing the colonel to respond quickly to situations as the battle unfolded. The Governor-General had designed an effective communication system, if one unit was hit on the battlefield. They would triangulate that position from the ground, dealing with whatever the liberators had to bring at them. On the off chance that there was a lone individual, the 100 men assigned to the commissar had some training within the officer corps of the Security Forces. Allowing them to take command until a more experienced officer had arrived to replace the fallen one. Colonel Oberon had to agree that this tactic was paramount to securing victory, although he had chosen to remain behind inside of an old service tunnel that was on the eastern side of the battlefield, allowing him to monitor communications between himself and the General Headquarters of General Beauregard. Explosions rocked the city for a minute, as the various commissars had reported to him. Oberon had looked as to where the explosions took place using the camera system around the city, readjusting his forces to avoid areas on the planet which would compromise the main offensive line of the army. He was careful not to send them under bridges or into small alleyways, as that would only be a chokepoint for the liberators to wipe them out. He mainly focused on sending them into more defendable areas, such has public parks and large market squares. Taking the longer route to get to the Liberator's Base but more safe for his men overall.

[POV: The Control & Operations Center]
[Tag Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch ]
The Deck Officer overlooked the tactical readout of the situation. The enemy fleet was holding their position just outside of there firing range. However the primary and secondary batteries had already fired and those missiles became trapped within the planet's surrounding gravity. Indirectly giving them a new barrier of armed explosives to make any entry into the planet atmosphere much more difficult. "Communications Officer, send a message to High Command that the fleet is beyond our firing range. Beyond that block all scanning transmissions along with transmissions to the surface." The Deck Officer said, as the communication officer nodded and sent a wired communication to the Government Sector to the Loyalist HQ. Just a moment later they would receive a wired communication back to the center, stating "Operations Center, In the event that the enemy fleet is holding their position you have my authority to ready the robot rampships for immediate deployment to the orbit." and that this order came directly from the Governor-General himself. The Deck Officer nodded and pressed a button on his console in front of himself. "Attention all hangers, begin to deploy the robot rampships for immediate deployment to act as a suicide fleet." he stated to the various hangers on the planet, to which they gave their affirmative and opened up the hangers around the city. If the enemy was going to hold their position beyond there firing range. Then they would draw them closer through brute force if necessary.

Beyond this transmissions, the Control and Operations Center had activated sensor jamming using various transponders around the city to achieve a total blackout of any tactical data that the enemy fleet might obtain. Along with reinforcing the transmissions jamming transponders to better be able to handle the strain of operation. Knowing that these transponders would be vulnerable, a sizeable force had been assigned to operate and maintain the transponders operational status. Taking out these transponders would better allow an enemy force to know what is happening on the ground.

Once the Robot Ramships made there climb into the atmosphere of the planet and smashing through some of the missiles that created a physical barrier. They would boost full power towards the enemy fleet. Since Robotic Rampships were considered to be obsolete and not used anymore, they had the element of surprise because they were packed with explosives to destroyed a vessel once they impacted. But to any outside observer, they would only appear to be frigates as they fired their turbolasers and laser cannons towards the enemy fleet once they got into range. Although they were caught within the interdiction field of the enemy fleet for just a minute, the robot brain operating the vessel activated the null quantum field generators. Allowing them to bypass the power of interdiction due to having both fully powered engines and the generators, as they rushed forward with immense speed to ram into the enemy fleet and possibly take them out of the fight completely. There immense head would be able to smash through shields and thick hulls with ease. Time would only tell if the enemy fleet could respond to them in time to save themselves or would they be smashed into smithereens.

Objective: 3

Tunnels and traps.

The Siege of Commenor was her first real-battle experience with such a thing. Her Mandalorian mentors Kaine Australis and Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud had trained her in it, building upon her skills that she had gained through pranking her brother Caedyn Arenais and others. It was there during the siege of her homeworld that she had brought those skills and training to battle. For the most part it had worked and she had managed to elude capture.

Those skills were applied again while she was the face of the Eclipse Rebellion; working against the efforts of the Eternal Empire to oppress people that didn't want their rule.

Defiance was in her blood. As was stubborness. She was a goofball, yet serious when the time called for it. She was quick to throw a punch when the situation called for it, yet she knew restraint as well.

Donning her Rebel Ops Armour (in sig), helmet and satchel full of traps and supplies, Lori and her bodyguard Arla (in sig) had followed Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun into the tunnels that led to the Liberators base. But she didn't remain at his side for long. She didn't even need to go deep inside. Instead she broke from him and his troopers so that she could get to work. Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch might have hinted that she shouldn't put herself at such risk. But with multiple men, including Var-Sulis Var-Sulis planetside and some of the Elysium fleet in orbit; the feeling of risk didn't seem so high.

Or perhaps she was just being cocky.

Lori set to work on the traps, using tripwires, small explosives, bits of tar and puches of feathers. She had learned to work fast and efficient through the years. Arla kept watch as she worked.

The muffled sounds of explosions above them let them know that battles ensued in the streets. It gave Lori a stark reminder of what they were up against. The Liberation must be a success. It had to be. Hope against tyranny needed to remain in order for the Galaxy to not continue to plummet into darkness. This was one important battle for just that purpose.

Besides her satchel, Lori was armed with daggers in her boots, Kaine's bugspray on her right hip and a heavy pistol on her left. Arla was armed with her own heavy pistol, DL-44 blaster, as well as a few thermal detonators in case a retreat needed to be made.

Hopefully it would work and the Liberators won't be overwhelmed.

Darth Mordheim

Objective Three

Equipment:

• Officers Blaster
  • Concealed Knife
  • Army Uniform
  • Comm

The halls of the liberators base flickered with light, electrical cables hung from the ceiling of the battered fortress. In the distance explosions rang, the earth trembled.

Sanji bent over a cluster of scanners, radios, and holo maps. His small force was holding the fortress with the ferocity of lions. Sanji wished to be with them, but he was not allowed by both Elysium Officers and by his duty to command. Perhaps he could sneak out soon and eliminate some of the incoming enemy force with his troops. He sat with another junior Officer behind him, who patiently awaited orders, only silence and the occasional sound of battle in the distance filled the chamber.

This was an opportunity, and Sanji saw this. It was a good time to prove himself and the entire Elysium military to the galaxy. This was also a chance to get some action that Sanji so desperately craved. His entire unit wanted to see something happen and now could be their big moment, but Sanji was stuck on the ground without his unit and instead a small band of ragtag soldiers and a handful of Elysium troops, not his ideal position, but it was something. As for the objective, defending the Liberation armies base was another thing that made Sanji uncomfortable, he was a offensive officer meant to hit hard and fast, but this was sitting and waiting. The liberation army itself Sanji didn't think much of, it was another mission, the reason the men were fighting here didn't matter to him, as long as they did fight.

A flash of light brought Sanji's anxious attention to a scanner, the Elysium Navel force had arrived under the command of Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch , and with good timing. Sanji took this as an opportunity to leave the makeshift command center and maybe even see action before the day was up. He quickly left a junior Officer behind to keep to the comms and to keep Sanji informed. With that he left the command center and hurried to the sounds of battle, weaving through the facility. He activated his Comm and spoke,
This is Commander Hoss to Elysium and Liberator Forces, requesting my needed position.

Sanji drew his Blaster and went looking for a fight.

Second King of The Elysium Empire

Objective: Repel the Loyalists attack on the Liberator Base, then counter attack once AA Missiles are down.
Inventory:
Troops:
  • 30x Stormtroopers (Elite)
  • 150 Liberator Infantry (Well armed Militia)
    • Alpha: 25
    • Bravo: 25
    • Charlie: 25
    • Delta: 25
    • Foxtrot: 50
  • 2 Liberator Snipers and their spotters (4 men total)
  • 1 Liberator Engineer Squadron of 10 men.
  • Once AA Missiles are down, Burtch will provide air support and reinforcements.
Tags: Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Luther Lewis Luther Lewis Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Darth Mordheim

"Sir! Sensors show that a few gas mines have gone off to The North. Should we send a scout to check it out?"

The first challenge of the day had been presented. It was a simple one, with an easy answer, but regardless, this was the first order Rex would give in a true battle. Sure, there were orders of where to station the defenses, how many men to allocate to the flanks, and whatnot, but now the battle was beginning. His heart rate spiked a little and he smirked.

"Yes, four men from Alpha Squad. Tell them to take no chances, and tell us what they see."
"Yes Sir!"

To be in command was invigorating, certainly, but it was also terrifying and incredibly stressful. He knew the consequences of his orders could win or lose a battle, and he was well aware that the death of his forces would give him eternal guilt. He knew this from speaking with his father, and several veterans around The Empire. But he was yet to experience it, and it scared him.

His thoughts were interrupted by the same man, one of The Liberators' commanding officers,
"Valhoun, you have a message from a Commander Hoss....he's one of yours. He wants to know where you need him."

Rex nodded, then raised his own commlink to his mouth, "Commander Hoss, you are to remain stationary until Var-Sulis Var-Sulis can get those AA batteries down and Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch can drop off the tanks...understood?"

Rex then turned around, looking back at the liberator command center. Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss was supposed to be there, if he wasn't, then where in the blazes was he? Rex shook his head, then returned his focus to the upcoming battle. His wife Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun was here too...she had experience in underground sieges, and she would no doubt be just as valueable here, in battle, as she was back home where she provided MandalArms, and political connections. But she was too important to lose, and this also worried Rex. Beyond that, the girl is his best friend...

"Commander...urgent report from that scout you sent out. The enemy is upon us....at least 1500 troops, mostly outdated droids attacking from The North. I'm sure you're aware that gas mines are of no use against droids. What should we do?"

1500!? Rex felt his heart skip a beat. They were severely outnumbered. However his history lessons had taught him that one human was worth ten droids, as evident in The Clone War, where The Clone Army of The Republic often beat unimaginable odds against the unintelligent droid armies of The Confederacy.

"Call the scouts back. Disable the mine fields, if there is a second wave in this assault, we can reactivate the mines to hit any living beings. For now I want Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie Squads to take up defensive positions facing North. The governor has revealed his hand, and we will now play ours..."

Rex felt this was the right call. He was sending seventy-five men to take up fortified positions, leaving him with seventy-five on the flanks in case of any surprises. It was the best he could do, without tanks, and without air support, and being so heavily outnumbered, he would need to rely on the skill and spirit of his forces.

Some mines exploded
Sent scouts to investigate
Told Sanji to hold his position
Disabled minefield, called scouts back
Sent 75 men to take up positions in the north

V

Ploy of the Necromancer
Civil War on Cademimu V
More NPC Posting

DIRECT TAGS: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss
TAGS NEARBY: Ares Atrius Ares Atrius Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Luther Lewis Luther Lewis Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Saram Kote Saram Kote Jin X Jin X Regel
OBJECTIVE:
Various Objectives [NPC Posting]

[POV:Western Flank Army]
[Tag Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ]
200 men had been sent from the main army under the control of General Beauregard to break into the old service tunnels that connected the various parts of the city together. There objective was to overload the sewer control system, which would blood the tunnels with sewer water and better allow the main army to push forward as the liberators would be distracted with the raising water. Lieutenant Marson had been incharge of this small force, walking through the tunnels he was careful not to be drawn into an ambush as this was liberator territory, no telling what kind of traps that they had set up in the mean time to repel their main invasion force. He turned a corner and saw that a liberator ( Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ) was setting up a few traps around the base from the corner of his eye, protected by a single women or so he believed at this time. He peaked around the corner, his head not extended very much. Calling out to them, "We have you surrounded, lay down your weapons and come quietly." Marson said, telling his men around the corner to move into position and get ready to advance. He was reloading his own weapon, making sure it was charged for a full confrontation. He didn't need to ponder inside of his head that this person would resist them, but he wasn't about to lose his own life down within the sewer lines.

[POV: Scrapper-Series Battle Droids]
[Tag Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss ]
A small force of Scrapper-Series Battle Droids had broken through a wall of the liberator's base. Having flanked around a majority of the liberator's patrol units. As they marched down the hallways with peak efficiently, unlike the old confederacy droids. They had some sense of cover and tactics that made them much more efficient on the battlefield than would otherwise suggest. They armed their blasters once they saw that Sanji Hoss Sanji Hoss was coming directly at them with a blaster in his hand. "Halt right there, surrender or die." The commanding droid unit said, before opening fire with his weapon down the hallway. The rest of the droid units followed the commanding droid, opening fire as well as the volly of red blaster bolts would fly towards the man. Commander Hoss would probably realize that these droid's armor was more bulky than normal for a mass produced droid variant, allowing them to tank more shots from energy weaponry. Although they were still vulnerable to emp and ion weaponry due to being droids.

[POV: The Northern Flank Army]
[Tag Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun ]
General Beauregard would be within his command center, watching the battle unfold on the Northern Flank. The enemies gas mines were avoided by having non-organic troops being sent. He was thankful that the government had a mole within the liberator's base at this time. Knowing that scrapper-series battle droids weren't going to be that effective in a normal battlefield, he had sent forward only 1,000 of them from the 1,500 he had sent towards that flank. He had the remaining 500 split into 100 droids each, having them go in opposite directions to confuse the enemy and allow him to flank the liberators with another flank. As the 1,000 scrapper-series battle droids advanced through the now disabled minefield, they would begin to fire all that they had at the liberator forces defending. Using rockets and grenades, and a heavy amount of fire power in an attempt to overwhelm them with sheer numbers. The 5 squads of 100 battle droids would begin to assault from various points taking positions within apartments to fire down upon the liberators. Whoever was in charge clearly had immense knowledge of tactics and would be hard to beat when it comes to military knowledge.

The Government Mole within the liberators would be working on communications, displaying absolute loyalty to the cause of fighting tyranny. He spotted the Overall Commander of the Liberators Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun giving orders. Withdrawing a blaster pistol from his jacket, he would quietly aim it around his shoulder towards the commander's head. Knowing that his elite stormtroopers might intercept the blast and kill him before he had the chance to kill the commander. But he had a backup plan having rigged explosives around his body that would trigger upon his death. "Glory to the Government!" He shouted at Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun , as he squeezed the trigger taking the
faithful shot at the commander as the red blaster bolt traveled through the air and either waited for death and the resulting explosion, or killing the commander and making a quick escape among the chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom