Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Kill Them All and let God Sort them Out: AC Invasion of TSE held Ziost, Mirial, Ruuria

Field Hospital Stats
[[CODE BLACK]]
[[FACILITY LOCKDOWN]]

DoctorJulian Qar
ResidentHazel
Medical Staff??? UNKNOWN
Supplies??? Unknown
Universal Plasma ??? Unknown
Bacta Spray??? Unknown
Bacta Patches ??? Unknown
Wounded INC Staff Casualties

PQ4Ndka.gif

kYpTbUv.png

FIELD MEDICAL REPORT
Protected Document: █ █ █ B-10070 █ █ █

AzLXzUl.png

Obj I: Judgement Day
- - -

Field Hospital | Triage Ready
Medical Narrative

Ready to serve NIO + Allies: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Kolson Vrask | + Others

Bad Guys: Red Boys fucken showed up. Damn. D Darth Malus

i6mkBjX.jpg

✚ S U B M E N T A L _ T R I A N G L E ✚
[ + + + ]
Now the reaper and his men are marching your way
Straight to hell
“FFF-UCK!!”

Hazel yelped at the sound of crashing metal when the medical pod door was kicked open by someone, or something. The resident held her blaster at the ready, hands trembling as the other medics around her aimed down sights just the same.

The voice that came through was not known to her. His thick accent making it hard to decipher what he was saying until she stitched together words she could understand. The doc, his last name, and with it, came a request that forced her brows together. “Yo-Yorunarr...the doc isn’t here.” She called out, lowering her weapon and giving the other medics the signal to do the same. “He’s...I have no idea where the fuck he is. I heard the call, the idiot’s out there unarmed, we need to find him.”

Time.

This was exactly what he wanted.

In those moments as he stood there, waiting for the delivery of his fate at the hands of the sith lord, he remained neutral. His expression hollow, showing no signs of fear as he listened in to the pompous gladiator juggernaut speak to himself with such arrogance. He found him to be an easy target, didn’t he? Just as he had found the staff that poured their souls into the aid of those that entered the threshold of the hospital. A lesson he’d taught his resident years ago.

“A body is a body, no lines carved in the sand. We are not judge, nor jury. We are the hand that heal the wounded.”

Could he have felt emotions then, he would have scoffed, smiled as the sith underestimated him readying his blade for a final swing of execution. Julian held his breath, calculating the rotation of his wrist, the angle of his arm, the strength of his curled fingers. He stood there listening to the Sith pontificate, running sequences in his mind until viable options were presented to him within his internal machine, flashing the information into his HUD.

image0.png

[Diagnostic_Report://
Carotid Artery: death estimate - 15 seconds
Brachial Artery: death estimate - 90 seconds
Jugular Vein: death estimate - 120 seconds
Submental Entry: death estimate - 0 seconds, incapacitation
Damage analysis: frontal lobe injury [possible] memory compromised.
Density and mass of subject: Great - optimal force required.

Proceed, Dr. Qar. . .
[REPORT_END//]

The cyborg stood still, unmoved, taking note of the distance between his hand and his blade, just as his mechanical mind intended. If this man were smart, he would have swatted the knife from the doctor’s hands but it seems his overzealous behavior shrouded all thought. And as he spoke the doctor would have flicked his blade, 6cm towards his chest pretending to follow through on another drumming movement but he would pivot, tilting the angle towards his neck. Without even a nanosecond of hesitation, he drove the knife with full intent to make contact underneath the Sith’s chin.

The blade would not have gone all the way through, stopping short while its serrated edge snagged on the rough tissues in his throat, the sound of grinding meat mixing with the sound of destruction that blanketed the two men. With one final thrust upward, that same knife used to devour the souls of the maw broke through the soft palette under his tongue, slicing through the tissue with ease. Blood covered that metal onyx hand, splattering onto his face and earning him the prize of revenge over the lives of innocent doctors who become nothing more than a body count for the sith.

Though heavy, Julian would have swerved as quickly as his titanium frame would allow, senses tracking the movement of that demon's dual blade, and just as smoothly as the battalion surgeon cut, he drew back his right leg. With the violent power of 2000kg of raw, damaging, titanium-backed force only a half-human could produce. He kicked, just like the animal the sith was emulating, right into the center of his gut, propelling him backward into the pile of debris he had created.

“Get out of my fucken hospital!”

The doctor staggered backward. Spitting out the liquid that pooled in his mouth, it split in two as it touched the earth, that familiar crimson and vibrant teal. Unlike the bloody hand before him, he found no consolation in inflating himself over his actions. Instead, the unarmed doctor chose to run in the opposite direction buying himself time, and hopefully, some help would soon arrive.

█ █ █

Last edited:

Elle Mors

E

Her breath escaped her lips with every step that she took, with every shower of sparks that their sabers rained down to the icy floor beneath their feet, and her lungs heaved, drinking in that frigid air with sharp gasps before expelling it back out as a fine mist that clouded around her face before dissipating in the heat of their clashes. For as long as they wordlessly fought she could not find the grip she needed to lift herself to the next peak, to push him to anything more than a stalemate - and she knew she'd tire long before him at this rate. Like he fed on the dark side, she drew on her rejection of it to fuel her in their fight, had he no arrogance, no hubris, he might've taken advantage of that.

Her eyes narrowed, jaw clenched tightly shut as she heard his voice on his breath, and knew in that brief moment that dealing with this man would never be as simple as that. The sound of excitement in his voice, the pitch of it raising despite there being little change in the state of their duel, reminded her of their fight over Csilla, in the moment that she'd inadvertently allowed him the chance to drain his cursed sword of thousands of innocent souls when she mistook his change of behavior for something more than a sadist's lust for the pain, the torture, he had desired to inflict on the stars. Here, now, he had that same change, but rather than a sword being drawn through the force towards them, and instead of a massive weapon, or indeed the amphitheater they stood inside, collapsing down on them, it was the echo of a click through the empty space that surrounded them that struck her - struck her at the same time as she felt the panic that Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos did as electricity surged through her.

"That there is nothing you have that I cannot take away."

Those words, in and of themselves, echoed a past she'd turned away from, a man that had controlled her life for as long as her childhood had lasted, with a context that was eerily similar to the other. The greatest strengths a wielder of the dark side had were temptation and fear, loathing and doubt, jealousy and pride - to their credit these were powerful tools that were nearly insurmountable obstacles when placed properly in front of the right people - but the fatal flaw in any Sith's words were self-evident.

"The force shall free me."

It'd hardly been a whisper, her head down as she'd uttered them, but when she turned her gaze up towards the Sith Lord, her blade rising up to bat away his attempt to seize her moment of apparent vulnerability, her expression was set like stone and there was fire in her eyes. "That's the final line of your code, isn't it?" She asked, her voice rising with each successive word, words that echoed against the walls that surrounded them as the light that had shown in her eyes now steadily engulfed her. Likely he knew where this would be going, her strength increasing as the force welled up inside of her like a beacon, and she stepped towards him with another heavy blow from her lightsaber directed at him as her focus began to tighten around him like a noose.

"You can take everything from me, Sith." She said, leaning to the left to avoid a strike that would've severed her head from her shoulders without even appearing to notice. "You can tear apart everything in my life, ruin me, and you might even kill me - but you will never take away that girl's hope, or this galaxy's." She insisted as the darkness that surrounded them fled - erased by the light that now began to illuminate the relic to a time better forgotten. Another step towards him, a step that burned at the dark side - a step into unity. "There is no fate, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , only justice long-overdue for your cruelty; if you want to call it that, then by all means!"

"But do not blame the force for achieving balance - blame me."

Again she lashed out, her blade, though bright, was now dim beside the one that held it, and it was clear that his goading had the opposite effect he had intended; or at least opposite that she had assumed he'd intended, a fatal mistake in Dun Moche. "I had thought you could be reasoned with, I thought you could have had the chance I was given when I chose to change, but now I realize you don't want the supposed freedom you claim the force is stripping you of." Her words came as she leaned forwards, her blade blocking his with a shower of sparks. "The force led me here because I wanted to give you one last chance, not because I am just some pawn doing its bidding."

"The only one doing anyone's bidding here is you, slave to the will of corruption - of the dark side."

ezgif-2-e24b346fc89d.gif

OBJECTIVE ONE | JUDGEMENT DAY | ASHLA WILLS IT
A WATCHFUL PROTECTOR
ZO1.png

I, JEDI

I'll stand down.

Wild-eyed, breath short of air, Dagon watched in shock as she willingly stepped off the roof's railing. In some sick, underlying layer crafted by his father, the Jedi hoped she had come to her death releasing him of the existential dilemma he faced. Within it, he could only hear Haytham Kaze's wicked sneer, the dark tendrils of his presence seeking diligently to assume control of both mind and body as they had done with Dagon's twin brother Aeric turning him into an extension of the Sith Lord's will. A wicked way to preserve the Kaze legacy. Another cycle the raven-haired Jedi struggled to break.

Rushing to the edge of the roof, he noticed the staff levitating and passing by him indicating the lady was alive and well even before Dagon could glance over the roof to the ground below. Observing depart away, the Jedi weighted his options with Arthur providing the most rational input, "It looks like she's trying to lure you after her, Sir. A classical example of a trap being set up. I reckon suggesting you do not pursuit shall fall on deaf ears, as usual?"

"Yes." he muttered after a pause.

"Sometimes I do question my usefulness, Master Kaze."

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Arthur. You should've gotten used to me by now." Dagon smirked as he hurried after the lady using the rooftops as his chosen path of pursuit.

"Clearly, I cannot. Your safety is my first and foremost priority, Sir."

The Jedi chuckled at the remark as the wind rushed past him faster and faster the more he drew upon the Force to enhance his speed. Arthur's comments brought him a little reprieve from the tension building up inside, despite its effect being minimal knowing fully that wherever he was heading did not bode well for him.

ALLIES | Ashlan Crusade
ENEMIES | The Sith Empire |
N Nyxeris

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob

"Thankfully Eva. Everyone here living is my end goal. Preferably with all of us a lot more comfortable with our lot in life." Again, there was that note of genuine sincerity in his voice. No doubt an alien thing to the Troopers. For whatever reason, they would find it increasingly difficult to deny that for some bizarre reason. This demigod warrior with a sword of light had no desire to harm them.

Even after he made it perfectly clear that he could end them all as easy as breathing. He seemed almost cheerful at the prospect of not having to engage in violence.

"Now. There are a few issues however." He began, holding up a hand. "I let you go. You're very likely to get found out by the Crusaders. And I'll be honest. I don’t think they'll be as civil as I was." He said, shrugging slightly. "For the record, I'm not with them. I just came to observe and save any innocents caught in the crossfire.." He clarified, not outright saying he was with the Galactic Alliance. But it would not take much for the Troopers to put one and one together.

He stopped in his explanation, gaze turning towards Ishida as even through the Voidstone pumping through her system, he could feel something simply yearning to break free of her.

Rage. White hot and hateful. The more seasoned of the pair had met Sith with less anger pent up inside of them. His mouth opened slightly as if he was about to say something. Brow furrowing in concern as he tried to wonder just one thing.

What in the hell was Sardun teaching her to cause her to end up like this? These Crusaders were no doubt a poor influence as well. Zealots and lunatics who'd rather burn a world than save it simply because the latter took more work than they were willing to commit.

One small poisonous voice in his head whispering that once again, the older generation failed them. Teaching a corrupted philosophy of destroying one's enemies. To continue to perpetuate the cycle of violence with hate towards your enemy in your heart instead of compassion.

Idly, he wondered if Raaf was not the only high-profile traitor that ended up in the Jedi Order. He'd have to discuss this with others. But regardless of what happened here. Sardun would need to be confronted.

"Excuse me for a moment." He said, raising a hand to Eva and moving over to Ishida's side. One hand reaching otu to pull her silver hair back out of the way of her mouth. The other reaching to his belt and presenting a canteen. "Drink." He urged, before shifting his attention back to Eva.

Unintentionally leaving his lightsaber well within Ishida's reach.

"Now. Me letting you go will just mean you get caught, killed in the crossfire. Or just get shipped back to the next battlefield to fight for your rapidly dying Empire." He said, head tilting slightly to the side.

"So why don’t we take a third option. Because I've got a decent amount of influence back where I'm from." He mused, that same soft smile returning to his features.

"Tell me. How satisfied are all of you with your current Commanders? I don’t suppose any of you are interested in a change? Defectors get some rather generous deals. We're well aware of how terrible masters the Sith make."

A way out. That is what he was offering. A chance for them to step out of this ridiculous war and get away from it all. "If any of you have family. With all the Chaos going on, slipping a few people out of Sith space isn’t out of the option either." He continued, hoping to sweeten the deal somewhat. Again appealing to any sense of loyalty or common decency they had.

“I can even fix up your friend’s arm and leg right here and now free of charge if you need something else to help convince you of my good intentions.”

Even though Geiseric and the Cardinal parted ways, they were headed towards the same goal, the same destiny.

Bombed out ruins and mounds of rubble were all that they encountered on their advance. They were surrounded by the eerie atmosphere of a dead city. This is what the Bogan leaves in its wake, he thought.

"Strange, I was expecting more resistance," he spoke aloud to the crusaders around him. He approached one of the combat engineers attached to his unit, "send a probe droid ahead, I will not lead us blindly into an ambush." the engineer affirmed and released a hovering droid, small enough to hopefully go unnoticed.

When the buzz of the droid finally disappeared into the decaying duracrete jungle, all was quiet. Too quiet.

"Sir, we've found something. Civilians." a voice came out from his commlink.

"Leave them, did you not hear the Admiral's call?"

"I did Sir, but you may find exception here,"

With his interest piqued, Geiseric made his way to the rear of the guard, where two of his soldiers squatted around a pile of rubble. As he mounted the rubble, he saw beneath them huddled against a crumbling wall of a building: two pureblooded Sith, young adult males.

"I see. And they claim to be civilians?"

"I told you Jedi, we are citizens of the sovereign Sith Empire, not combatants!" one of them yelled before the crusader could answer Geiseric.

"You have a temper, Sith. I can sense it." Geiseric ignited his blue blade, and stepped down the pile of rubble until he stood directly over them, "and I sense that you fear the wrath of the Light. But fear not, Children of the Bogan, for in this blade I carry the mercy of Ashla, and to you I extend it."

The knight struck his blade down quickly across both Sith. He turned to look up at the other knight who had called him regarding the Sith.

"You made a good call, my friend. Should you find any more of these 'purebloods', you know what must be done."

The soldier nodded in return, and Geiseric ascended back onto the desolate streets. Soon they would extend the mercy of Ashla to the entire accursed Empire and it's wicked ways.

ZO1.png

Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

He'd not expected the empress to be taller than him.

Even clad in his war-gear, Cedric still had to turn his neck upward a bit to meet the woman's gaze. He peered at her curiously, his gaze darting past her every now and then to make certain that she'd not acted with deception in mind. He knew little of the Eternal Empire aside from their fraternal origins with his own people, and their current disposition toward the Sith Empire was yet unknown.

"I only seek the freedom of the Wyl Sector and the greater Tingel Arm Empress. I'd like to avoid the death that will come with it whenever possible." There was far too much blood that would be spilled already: no need to extend that further with needless slaughter. The Sith were dug in deep in their heartland, and it would take several million souls to dredge them out of their entrenchments. It was a price that needed to be paid, of course, the Sith could not be allowed to continue, but the reality of it was a heavy weight to bear indeed.

"The Ashlan people are willing to work with anyone that does not consort with the dark powers," he explained, his cloak cracking in the wind as the thunder of distant artillery broke the serenity of the snowfall. "Imperials, democracies, oligarchs, whatever you may be. Our war is not so much ideological conflict as it is one of the spirit. We fight to save the very soul of the galaxy."

His officers reported that the evacuations were underway. Ashla willing they would finish quickly, and the city, or rather what remained of it, would finally be theirs.

"On Denon, you spoke of working with the Sith to face a greater foe, the Maw," he turned his masked gaze to meet Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim 's. "You must understand that the Maw, the Bryn'adul, and the Sith are all tools of the same dark master. Consorting with any of them supports all of them. If you truly want to destroy your enemies and lead your people to salvation, they would be better served fighting alongside of us instead."

dSHdBBp.png

VII
GALIDRAANI FREE-STATE
BLUE-HEART BRIGADE

KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT

OBJECTIVE 1: JUDGEMENT DAY
ZIOST, 865 ABY

Commonwealth Forces
: Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood

Allies (NIO): Noel Strasza Noel Strasza Julian Qar Julian Qar Kolson Vrask

Allies (AC/GA/FO/SJC): Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Geiseric Geiseric Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh Pietro Demici Pietro Demici Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Mrurh'en'lase | Hel Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Enemies (TSE/CIS/EE): Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim N Nyxeris Laertia Io D Darth Malus SF-3335 SF-3335 The Battalion The Battalion Eva Betrik Eva Betrik Ulrich

Lord Erskine's Loadout(Wielded By Lance-Corporal Yorunarr)
Primary: Custom Blaster-Pistol (Right-hip Holster - left-or-right hand draw)
Secondary: Basket-Hilted Vibrosword Claymore (Left-hip Sheathe - right hand wielding)
Last Ditch/Second-Blade: Myles' Fairbairn Vibroknife (Right-hip Sheathe - right-or-left hand wielding)

Pocket-Weapons: Berach's Brass Knuckles (Both Trouser-Pockets - akimbo wielding)

Blue-Heart Brigade (Mechanized-Infantry)
220 Cataphract Tanks
32 AFVs
6 ACVs
1 Battalion of Riflemen
1 Company of Combat-Engineers
1 Company of Elite Combat-Medics

uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

The Hell of New Adasta: Part 10 -
AT THE CORRIDOR'S ENTRANCE

C8OvBu7.jpg

02:49:23 Elapsed

'Alright, lads! Listen UP! READY YOURSELVES FOR A KARKING RIOT!!! I'M OFF TO LEAD THE TANKS IN WHEN THE MOMENT ARISES!!! GOOD LUCK UP THERE!!!! AND GIVE THESE FREAKS A TASTE OF THE CASTLE BAST TREATMENT!!!'

Saluting each other fist-over-heart, Captains Proost and Brand would shake hands and whisper well-wishes to each other before the Archaisian walked off to link up with his trusty tank-crews, letting the words of encouragement settle deep within the loud defenders' stirred hearts before making his quiet, yet still-emotive farewells to the officers returning to the battlefront. Brand would be the last, and most heartfelt of all the,"Good luck, mate.", wishes exchanged, as the Rooster would bless his good friend with his free-hand and respond,'The only luck you'll ever need to call on, my friend.', with a specific sincerity Proost had never been acquainted with before. Always receiving the powerful blessings of a warrior in the crucible, the warmer, kinder sort was completely new to Proost, showing the Archaisian how far the holy Northern-Galidraani had progressed in his spiritual journey already; a strength of sorts that was becoming more noticeable with each and every battle they were deployed to fight together, a strength of sorts that was somehow lending some of it's own to that of the Cataphract commander.

'You 'eard 'im, lads! I know you did, you can tell jus' by looking into the eyes of every man I see 'olding the line! WE'RE LIVING REMINDERS THAT DINKY OL' TANKS MADE A DEMON FLINCH!!!! LIVING REMINDERS THAT A CHAPLAIN MOCKED THE DEVIL TO HIS FACE - AND LIVED TO TELL THE TALE!!!!'

The men knew this revelation meant there was no way the Sith would allow their collective defiance to stand, but it was obvious that none of the soldiers on the battlements cared, the Blue-Hearts were close to reaching the peak of their combat capabilities; and in such moments, it would be acutely-obvious that not even giant power-eating monsters could stand in the way of their approach to perfecting Barran's personal concept of mechanised-warfare. Each goal in the operation would be discussed beforehand, in the hopes that more about their enemies could be discovered and capitalised on, making the process an almost constant endeavour for the Stormchaser and all his smartest subordinates; however, this in no way took anything away from the glory of the experience, it usually worked towards the contrary as certain discoveries were made along the way. Enhancing it further was the constant thrill-chasing drive that spurred every Blue-Heart like a warhorse with axes to grind in abundance, making war, in essence, the ultimate game to almost every man serving in the 2nd Brigade.

'If you're staying, there's plenty honour in that! We'll return for you when the time comes, alright? Good! BUT IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT THROUGH TO THE BASTILLE, LISTEN UP!!! ECLIPSE COMPANY AND ZARK SAN TEKKA DRAW NEAR, AND I KNOW THEY'LL PUSH FORWARD WITH US!!!! OUR ALLIES NEED THE FREE-STATE TO MARCH ON THE INNER-CITY - THROUGH THE SAME CORRIDOR WE JUST DEMOLISHED FOR OURSELVES!!! GOD WANTS FIRE, GOD WANTS FURY!!!! AND THAT HE SHALL HAVE WHEN THE MOMENT COMES TO STRIKE!!!!'

It would not take long for the reinforcements to arrive, and with the firepower on hypothetical display (in anticipation of their arrival) Phillip couldn't help but wonder how difficult the fight would become for their highly-mobile opponents when the Galactic Alliance/Gallidraani contingent fully linked itself together strategically. With the presences of Zark San Tekka and Roland Thorne's infantry units, the mobility of the northward advance would increase exponentially, along with the weight of their overall fighting firepower, but the men defending the walls would still be up against extremely-quick, high-powered opposition until the much-needed backup arrived to bolster the compound's defences and push north from there. Everything seemingly hinged on the successes of the men holding the northern wall, and with the Emeici contingent already leaving their disfiguring marks on the compound's defences, (fully utilising a modern take on the ancient tactical-manoeuvres of light-cavalry origin) the addition of Io's Model 2s would add to the growing list of challenges for the infantry to overcome, intensifying the imperative need to survive in their attempt to tie down the compound's attackers.

'WE MUST HOLD THEM HERE!!! IF WE STAND FIRM IN THE FACE OF DEATH, HOLDING THE LINE LIKE NEVER BEFORE - THEN I PROMISE YOU OUR TANKS, OUR REINFORCEMENTS, AND OUR CONSQUENT SALLYING ATTEMPT WILL CARRY THE DAY FOR US FROM HERE!!!.... FOR OUR LOST COMRADES, WE HOLD!!! FOR GOD, WE PREVAIL!!!!'
5FAuOPz.png

The Hell of New Adasta: Part 11 - JULIAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Trg5HSI.jpg

'Wait, what? Did I just burst into the wrong- aaaaah, what an idiot, Yorunarr!', the Novanian began, trailing off to stop from chiding himself too roughly in front of company. The trackers had failed the officers who were looking for Julian and Darth Malus, and in that moment it all felt as if the real fight was eluding Yorunarr as he calmed himself in sight of quieter, less-martialized presences, something that both irritated and horrified the young Lance-Corporal at the same time, and with the same intensity. Looking back to Hazel, Yorunarr relented in the face of reason and continued, but more-slowly,'I miscalculated, my apologies, but I need to assist Julian in his fight with the Sith.... It's a Darth, I can feel it all over, but with some assistance, I know Julian is more than a match for this infiltrator. If there is anything you can give me that might - er - enhance his assistance quickly, I am more than willing to sign whatever form is needed to fight this freak beyond the best of my current ability.', already realizing that his thick accent would have been difficult for new ears to understand.

The young bodyguard would have further elaborated on his point, but a crashing impact could be heard nearby, causing both aspects of this new acquaintance to worry very quickly, with the quick-choice situation giving them little time to act and decide what would've worked best for them; more of SF-3335's rockets would fly overhead and strike deep within the compound, but keeping his cool, striking a match to light a cigarette with the steadiest of hands, the young Novanian would further put the medics at ease with a calming smile and a reassuring nod as he inhaled politely. Silently beckoning the others outside for a moment, the Novanian would elect to leave the wounded alone as he muttered,'I can follow the noise on my own, but first I should tell you who and what I really am.... I'm the son of a legendary root-shaman, the living progeny of psychedelic seers; and you will find no better lab-rat this side of the galaxy, I promise you. For I am Yan'Sharlim, the firstborn son of Mech'khalarnim Yorunarr - and your best hope of saving Julian until Noel arrives.'

'Get out of my fucken hospital!'

5FAuOPz.png

The Hell of New Adasta: Part 12 - WALKING NORTH

rbgo7E6.jpg

A singular Nuetralizer would take Erskine where he needed to go, allowing all the other Model 2s to get on with the fighting as the singular element broke from the advancing formation to lead him northward, though this walk to his parley with Darth Xiphos would prevent him from making any more coordination plays, as would the negotiations when he was expected to arrive. However, though it was obvious he couldn't endeavour to coordinate in his awkward diplomatic position, it wouldn't exactly stop others from communicating Barran's messages back to him, and certainly not those who were vectoring towards the medical compound to aid the Blue-Hearts' and Carlaci Corpsmen's efforts. The consequent mass-sally would most-likely occur as his parley was still in full-swing, with the defenders knowingly sticking to the duellist-doctrine as their unified attack advanced to split off and instinctually veer around the Lord-Commander's position.

<"Blue-Heart Alpha, this is Godfather. They say the strongest stars burn with hearts of kyber. No go on the southern rendezvous. We're foot mobile north of your position. We must place our trust in the Force.">
Well, do place at least some trust in your firepower array. We need ye gettin' stuck in after all.

Small comforts, and though Erskine was in quite the bind, this move was made by complete necessity, despite the glaring fact he wouldn't get the opportunity to meet Zark San Tekka in person as a result. Even as he was walking deeper into the viper's territory, away from the Saga, the map-holographic plinth and his periscope optics, the Brigadier-General was beginning to get a good estimation for where all the action's playing-pieces were; picturing his own top-down view of the siege on the medical compound, and with an accuracy that would later take him aback to a near-shocked extreme. Every last instinct within Lord Erskine was screaming at him to turn back, urging him to leave the,"Round 2", talk for another time, but the great question was beginning to hang in the air, and Barran wasn't one for allowing such things to stand, especially if the great question would ponder on whether Erskine really was so difficult to kill.

<<Eclipse One to Blue Heart Alpha. Message received, altering our path now. Appreciate the heads up about the gas, that certainly would have put a wrench in the gears. Eclipse Company will sweep around and approach from the South. We are currently on foot, but no worries, we'll be there before you can say "Lord Imperator". Will be in touch once we begin the counterattack. You and yours just keep the eyes of those Sithies on you, and off of us. Eclipse One out!>>

'Ah, a message fae the wife.', the Stormchaser lied without missing a beat, knowing it was easier to lie to individuals one didn't trust, and having no misgivings about deceiving the foes he loathed the most. The reply through datapad was unexpected, and so the Lord-Commander was left with no other choice but to lean into the surprise he was already expressing, especially due to the fact Erskine was caught peaking on the device when he brought it out from his right outer jacket-pocket. Sniggering with a snide look in his eye, the Stormchaser would challenge the Model 2's suspicion to hit his deception home, baulking,'Did ye, aaaaaaye? Ah'm totally plottin' yer death wae nuhin' but a glance at a message fae Archais an' that.... Aaaahahahahahaaaah! Nae borr, shenn! Nae borr at aw!', with little regard for his own safety. It didn't matter whether he was beaten bloody before the pre-fight negotiations, not to Barran, for as long as he could get himself face-to-face with Laertia, the Brigadier-General knew that fate would take the reigns from there.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
ZO1.png
Objective: Protect the civilians and hospitals
Equipment: 2x Striith vibrosword | The Soulsabers | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Writing with: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson
dRUm20K.png
[ O Fortuna ]

Ingrid, of course, noticed that the man was looking past the woman as if looking for an enemy. But the woman was alone, not bringing anyone with her. She stopped near the man, and after greeting, she took up a standard military position, a little straddle, her hands clasped behind her back. She positioned herself to be able to look at the city at the same time, but also to see Lord Grayson. The little knowledge was mutual, and the red-haired woman did not know much about Cedric Grayson, only the things she had read in the files, and, of course, that the later Eternal Empire had set out from his domain.

"Everyone has their reasons, Lord Grayson. And today we failed to avoid or deceive death. The Netherworld will be richer with many new souls today, again. With too much, lately." she said in her usual cold and military voice, without emotions.

As she spoke, she looked at the man, but then looked back to the blazing city. Ingrid listened on the comm. channel the news of the status of the Eternal Imperial armies, the progress of the withdrawal. Anyone who doesn’t come together with the dark side. The red-haired woman felt sorry for the answer for a moment. It seemed that the woman was still the only leader who didn’t care who was on which side, it wouldn’t matter in the endgame anyway.

"I am not interested in ideas, religious beliefs, or who is on which side of the Force, Lord Grayson. I care who is ready to act against the threat to the Galaxy. I do what is necessary. I don’t think we can do it any other way, Lord Grayson. In order to save the souls of the Galaxy, sacrifices must be made, it may be precisely to unite with your own enemies in the short term, for the greater good. We are allied with the Sith Empire to protect the galaxy. It is no secret that I believe they are the bastions of the eastern region. If the Sith Empire shatters, in the chaos that remains behind them, no one and nothing will be able to stop the Bryn’adûl's horde. The NIO and GA will have to deal with suppressing the uprisings, consolidating their own power. Either that or the protection of the planets. I am not seeking eternal peace, Lord Grayson, I know it is impossible. Temporary peace until the Maw and Bryn’adûl disappear. But at Denon, too, it became clear that only I wanted that, and others didn’t care. Their own pride is greater than the desire to protect the lives of their own people."

She looked at the man again, where Cedric's eyes were under his armour.

"Yes, I mentioned at Denon that I want an alliance where everyone comes together with everyone. But it’s hard to stay so neutral when the different sides are not talking to the other. That is why I have set up an initiative against Bryn’adûl, for the time being, regardless of the factions, you would be surprised how many within the various factions disagree with their leaders and are willing to work with others. I know most people think of us as enemies and Sith because we help the Sith Empire… but! But we would do this for any other faction, state. I care about human lives, those who can be saved. I'm not interested in political or religious wars because they have no significance in this situation." Ingrid said honestly, then looked at the city again. She didn't expect the man to understand her view, no one understood, but she sincerely hoped she was wrong about the man.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

ZO1.png

Task: Convince the empress
Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

The exile's arms folded behind his back as he observed the chaos. New Adasta was little more than a mass of slouching iron pillars and columns of smoke now, the tanks and infantry charging through her streets resembling insects at this distance. A report from the Essonian divisions confirmed that the Eternal Empire was moving its people through friendly lines, and that the path toward the eastern end of the city would be opened shortly. Satisfied, Cedric turned his attentions wholly to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim .

"This is no matter of we, Ingrid," he spoke plainly, "You can do away with my title for now. We speak as individuals here, not heads of state." There would be time for politics later. "The Sith chose this. Ziost has been an ancestral claim of the Essonian people, and now the Ashlans that have inherited their legacy. We told them exactly what would happen if they did not leave," he gestured toward the dying city. "This is the result. I won't hold myself responsible for their arrogance, and neither should you. We've saved what we can. There isn't much point lingering on what has been lost."

He would reach up then, drawing back his cowl and popping the seals on his helmet. If there was a sniper watching, which there very likely was, Cedric would make for an easy target, though he felt that he would sense the threat before it would end his life. His helmet came away with a quiet wheeze of air as its artificial atmosphere was vented, revealing a patrician face that might have been handsome once, were it not for the myriad bits of scar tissue and cybernetics that marred his visage now. He stared at Ingrid through eyes that resembled pinpricks of flint, his brow furrowed and his lips pressed into a thin line.

"We think along the same lines, but you are not operating with a full understanding of our situation. This isn't a religious conflict, nor a political one, or one based solely on realpolitik. This is a fight for our very existence." He pinned the helmet under his arm. "The only reason the Eternal Empire exists is because of Sith oppression. Your former emperor was one of my father's generals, or something along those lines. Your nation was born in the blood of Ession just as mine was. You might label us fanatics, fascists, militarists, fallen Jedi, whatever seems convenient, but the truth of the matter is that we are simply reclaiming what was stolen from us, and you should be too."

He would turn to face her then, his expression softening somewhat. "The Bryn'adul, the Sith, the Maw, and the other terrors of the galaxy are all connected Ingrid. They all come from the same source, serve the same master. Supporting the Sith only supports the Bogan, in turn feeding the cycle of death, and furthering along the coming apocalypse. You aren't preserving the east by supporting the empire - you're damning it. Every ritual they partake in, every ethnic cleansing, every travesty feeds the great enemy. You can keep a wound from bleeding profusely by leaving the knife in, but if you don't remove that knife and treat the wound, eventually you'll bleed out all the same."

The exile paused momentarily to consider his words. "All you're doing by supporting these animals is prolonging the chaos and making enemies of those you should be working alongside of. The Crusade and the New Imperial Order will civilize and redeem the east as soon as the Sith are ousted. The longer they remain, the longer this section of the galaxy suffers, and the more we are forced to press our forces into service against the Sith rather than the Maw or the Bryn'adul. If we allied with the Sith like you ask, they would build up their strength. By the time we dealt with the Bryn'adul and the Maw, the Sith would be an insurmountable threat, our nations would be doomed to another decade long war which they might very well not win, and the east would remain in service to the Bogan. Ideology aside, tactically speaking exterminating the Sith now while they are on the backfoot is the logical move."

Cedric's eyes narrowed. "Stand with us against the darkness, or leave the east all together. You're just getting more people killed by supporting the Sith now Ingrid." A plate-bound hand was outstretched toward the red-haired woman. "There is still time to change your course. End this war on the right side of history. Help us destroy the Sith, and then we can end the Bryn'adul and the Maw together."

Last edited:
The Battalion slashed and slashed, tearing apart Ashlan Crusaders on the Eastern front, Xiphos and her son's butchering their ranks close by.

The Battalion had rarely witnessed a warrior as fine as Xiphos. Rarely come across one so talented in The Lightsaber. If she had still been Elaine, she would have mourned the self destruction of a woman who had once wanted to be every bit The Jedi Starlin Rand Starlin Rand was becoming, only to disavow The Jedi when she found the price of remaining loyal was her own conscience.

The Battalion had been given pause at such passion, such all consuming willingness to sacrifice her happiness to do as she felt necessary. Elaine would have mourned the wasted potential, the thwarted hopes of her parents, the justice she had prevented others from seeking as she unhesitatingly pursued her crusade to prevent the major factions from destroying The Sith Empire, to try and fight them to a standstill so they would eventually be forced to throw all their efforts at the Bryn'adul instead, whether they wanted to Destroy the Sith Empire still or not.

The Battalion, however...

Her breath was caught in her throat as she watched the utter conviction in Laertia's movements. Every Chop, every slice and slash and stab was not an attack of malice, but rather, fervant belief that she was right about the Bryn'adul being the greater threat, and nothing could convince her otherwise. Like any Sith, or Jedi for that matter, Laertia dealt in absolutes.

The Jedi had wasted her talent, ignored her potential. But the Dark Side wouldn't. It would perfect her. Make her the absolute living weapon The Sith needed. The absolute scourge the servants of The Light deserved.

Two Omnicidal Threats, and still they wanted the Sith Empire dead and gone. It was crazy. But The Battalion (and Xiphos, though she wasn't comfortable enough to admit it) thrived on Crazy.

She came under Assault by four different Crusaders, clearly trained to work together. One bore a Vibrosword and Shield, another wielded a VibroSpear, one had a Vibro-Ax, and the last a VibroMace.

The Battalion made a show of pretending to look at her nails, brandishing her light crimson blade at them.

"You may begin." She said with an obnoxious yawn.

The Sword and Shield fighter gave a scream And leapt for her first, right as the Ax-User struck as well, But the Battalion, elegantly leapt over the cleaving ax swipe and traded strikes with the sword and shield user, but it was wasn't long before her heavy yet elegant and swift blows had him desperately blocking with the shield. The Spear and Mace fighter joined in to relieve him, The Battalion receiving her first cut across the ribs from the spear, which leaked white blood out of it. She snarled in pain...then smiled as she watched her blood burn through his spear tip (Though curiously, it seemed incapable of harming Organic tissue)

The Mace and Sword fighter renewed their vicious assault and The Battalion danced and twirled casually out of their strikes, counter-attacking as relentlessly as she was attacked, The Ax User leaned back for a mighty power blow.

The Battalion concentrated and floated upward out of their strikes, deflecting bolts other soldiers fired at her back at the one with the broken spear, before dive-bombing them with Force Flight, knowing Xiphos could see her using it, and reveling in the Light Sith's observation, knowing the cold flame of lust in the deadly killer was stoked further.

The Battalion's assault was unpredictable, seemingly slashing everywhere all at once at her attackers, ruthlessly shattering their defense in seconds in a hailstorm of slashes and stabs, cutting them apart in seconds.

She stared at the dismembered parts that had once been her people.

"With that kind of a resume, you are never getting hired." She remarked.

Still though... slaying her own people took her back aways...made her really reflect how far she had come from where she started.

It was strange, feeling so introspective, suddenly...

Elaine walked through the wide streets of the village with her students and the Jedi Rogg following close behind.

In spite of all the Kaissereich could do, people suffered. The Plague, and the warlord problem had been a whammy this society wouldn't be recovering from any time soon.

Morris lagged behind the others, using what Elaine noted to be an exceptional talent at Telekinesis to drag all the repulsorlift carts full of medical supplies behind them. Some areas lacked even the most basic access to healthcare. Villagers by the dozens began to flock the crowd of Light Adepts, blessing and thanking them, almost near worshipping them. Morris hid both physically and spiritually just how much seeing it made his stomach turn.

"Lady Tear has arrived!" A Villager called out.

Her students soon became swarmed with requests for healing. Elaine began to distribute healing stims vials, Bacta patches, and clean blankets out to the poor. Morris silently did the same, barely reacting when some recognized him, not looking at anyone.

Elaine organized things quickly with immediate healing issues. They would stay as long as they had to. Then they would go to the next village.

Elaine felt peace as she watched those she taught call upon the Goddess to heal infection and poison. Morris silently distributed Antidote Kits and donated Civilian Rations, only giving very short, vague answers about his life as a Jedi, but most especially his family.

Elaine noticed this, how he was the only one of the people who had come to help this village who never smiled.

Elaine walked over to him.

"Is it as you remember?"

Morris looked up with that Deer-in-Headlights stare of his at her. He never had that stare for anybody but her. She was starting to notice this.

"No." He answered.

"For the better? Or the worst?"

"There were a lot of Warlords before the Graysons. That's all I'll say on that." Morris answered.

"Then you know well the chaos that reigned over all the land. Only The Goddess saw us through that hardship. We'll pick up the pieces eventually. But The Ashlan Church can only do so much on its own. And there is always the danger of The Bogan to be concerned about."

"It's a constant worry in my line of work also." Morris admitted.

"Oh? I thought we were in the same line of work."

"Ultimately, yes."

She looked at him strangely.

"For a native just returned, you seem awfully non-plussed by all the changes. The progress."

"Always more progress to be had." Morris answered.

Elaine smiled. "Walk with me, Morris."

Morris was silent a moment, then he was by her side. They both began to walk to a nearby grove...

The Battalion ripped through yet another squad of Crusaders, her purple flames mixing with the dark blue of Xiphos, bringing freezing despair to the Soldiers fighting for the Light. She felt Xiphos deny the Bloodlust all around her and pitied her. As deadly as she was, she could be so much more deadly if she fed on it for strength.

Despite the focus of her self control, The Battalion couldn't help but admire Laertia Io's immense willpower and self control to deny the Darkness even in the face of all she had done, and everything she had wrought against the Jedi, Darth Xiphos (and The Battalion did refer to her as a Darth of sorts, out of sheer respect for her unwavering commitment and conviction.) still only did all these horrible things because she was convinced it was pure necessity. That's what no one understood. Xiphos didn't fight for greed or hatred (Despite feeling hatred toward the NIO in particular). She fought because she was convinced the Jedi had to be forced to stop fighting the Sith, no matter how many died in the process.

The Battalion didn't just like her, didn't just find Xiphos breathtaking...she genuinely, in a twisted way, wanted to save Xiphos. From herself.

It would be better for her. She wouldn't be trapped in her halfway state, suffering on all fronts even as she tried to keep her family together. She could have the resources she needed to crush her enemies... she just needed to stop using the Light entirely. No more clandestine aid from like minded benefactors. Full military support. But Xiphos seemed absolutely determined to take it as far as she could without the Dark Side.

How to reach such a person? The Battalion actually believed Xiphos when she said she didn't want to rule anybody. She clearly cared mainly about stopping The Bryn'adul, regardless of the cost to others.

The Battalion figured, like anything involving Xiphos, the best way to convince her was to couch it in the language of necessity. Keep reminding her of how much she had achieved just without The Dark Side...and how much more she could do with it's full backing...and how much she would come up short every time without it.

Still...she was magnificent to watch, this creature of self denial, as she carved through the ranks of the Ashlan's with grim determination.

The Battalion's defensive manuevering ended up putting her in close Proximity to Xiphos once more, and The Battalion basked in the icy presence in The Force that Xiphos exuded.

Xiphos found herself staring into the Battalion's lust filled gaze once more. This time it was Xiphos who took a step forward, unconsciously, striking down an Imperial Knight in the process.

"Tell me, Beautiful..." The Battalion hissed, slinking up to her as The Nuetralizers re adjusted their tank fire to wipe out scores of Crusader soldiers, even as a chunk of their offensive front was wiped out by return fire, still more of the mini crab droids sprang from the dirt, crawling to victims with deadly intent before exploding. One Century Tank charged, running over dozens of Crusaders though it was eventually shredded apart with heavy fire just as it destroyed a tank up close.

"What does Syd Celsius possess that I couldn't give you?"

"Shall I list it numerically, or alphabetically?" Xiphos replied coldly, even as she for some reason let the Witch get closer.

"Ah..." The Battalion grunted. "But how long would the list be? I would never have cut and run on you after Csilla like she did. She probably sensed who you joined your energy with... speaking of which...just how do you truly feel about The Amalgam?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Xiphos growled, heart pounding as The Battalion was merely a few inches apart.

"Well..." The Battalion trailed with an apologetic face. "Forgive me if this sounds tactless...but why hook up with a woman so similar to The Amalgam? They even have the same fighting style. Only their perspective differs. But they are very similar. Is that why you were attracted to Syd? Because she was the safe version of Amy?"

The Battalion knew she had struck Electrum when Xiphos clenched her fist, outrage at the direct accusation the Battalion made at Xiphos secretly being in love with The Amalgam and using Syd as a surrogate for that.

Xiphos's hand clamped down on The Battalion's throat, neck-lifting the grinning Witch.

"Tighter, please." The Battalion hissed through a partly cut off air pipe.

"How dare you!" Xiphos snarled, momentarily losing control of her emotions. "I should kill you! I SHOULD KILL YOU!!!"

"If it's not true...why are you so angry?" The Battalion choked out through a windpipe threatening to be crushed. "There must be something to what I said, if you're losing it like this."

The Battalion, even as she was choked, ironically showed the first amount of actual compassion she had given anyone in centuries, her hand reaching out to the featureless visored helm covering Xiphos's face, and stroking it gently.

"Poor girl. It's not hard to understand why. You were likely in love even before you knew the truth." The Battalion said, surprised she herself wasn't actually trying to hurt Xiphos emotionally, merely reason with, merely get through to her.

"Feelings in such close proximity, in such circumstances, can...mutate. You aren't the first to have a crush on a teacher. You won't be the last." The Battalion continued, curiously gentle in her speaking as she felt Xiphos's grip on her neck relax slightly. "Does Amy know?"

The Battalion was slammed brutally to the rotted ground of Ziost, Xiphos's Lightsaber held to her throat. The Battalion offered no resistance.

"No need to make excuses. Admit it: all of this is partly an excuse to be around her, spend time with her, desperately trying to remind yourself of bliss. Perhaps it is not me The Amalgam needs to seduce you."

"I hope you got a good dentist, because I'm about to make *a few cavities!" Xiphos shouted in pure rage.

"Why don't you want to be happy, Xiphos?" The Battalion asked. "We've always been there for you...so why? Why can't you recognize who your true friends are? Why can't you truly embrace those who want you? Because nearly everyone except your children have deserted you. They lack the will to win. We do not. You deserve better than the weaklings who proclaimed fealty and then deserted because the Jedi started playing victim when you resisted them for their stupidity and inability to let go of old grudges."

The Battalion felt the death grip lessen slightly more.

"If you side with us, you could always be around Amy. And with me in your arms..." The Battalion hissed lustfully, pulling the armored killing machine down to her as blaster fire rang out over all of them.

Xiphos felt rage and fear and lust, absolute lust, as she stared into The Battalion's eyes. Only the training of Themis allowed her to pull back.

"I will not turn to the Dark Side." Xiphos said quietly, snapping out of it. She pulled herself away from her, and The Battalion rose to her feat as though nothing had happened.

"And as for your little theory about me and Amy? Rediculous. I will destroy her once the threat of the Bryn'adul is over."

"And how long could that take? Years. She was the first person you reached out to in the Sith Empire. And in spite of everything that had happened previously she welcomed your alliance with open arms. Welcomed you in spite of your earlier rejection of her at Kar Shian. She gave you all you asked for. What is that, if not Love?" The Battalion asked sincerely.

Xiphos had no answer. She turned her back on The Battalion.

"Enough. The game is over, Witch."

"It's a game you like playing!" The Battalion called out before smiling and singling out another fast approaching squad of troops.

Meanwhile, A Model 1 ran up to Xiphos.

"Mom!"

Xiphos turned to the Model 1, refusing to be angry around her children.

"Yes, my son?" She asked calmly and politely, flinging her Lightsaber into the chest of an Imperial soldier about to kill a Model 2.

" DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran wants to parley. Again."

"The Motherfether actually showed..." Xiphos muttered. "He's persistent, I'll give him that."

"And consistent, most importantly." The Model 1 remarked. "Should we shoot him?"

"Nah. I've had a fethed up day so far. Why not douse the garbage fire my personal life is with a bottle of Cladhan?"

"That's the spirit, Mom! Positive attitude!"

"I can feel the smartassery coursing through your processors."

"I thought that chit was just Programming Updates..." Her son replied.

"Very well, then. I'll be off to meet Erskine. Might as well do to get a look at his head, see if I can feth with it further." Xiphos snorted. "I'll be within the remains of that old library we set up a command post in. Hammer his forces anyway, though."

Xiphos then teleported to the Battalion.

"Back for more?" The Witch grinned.

"Do your Witches have the ritual almost prepared?"

"Of course. Soon these Ashlan wretches shall face all the ghosts their aggression created this day. You want to watch?" The Battalion offered. "I have nice, cozy seats all picked out..."

"No." Xiphos replied

Xiphos went and teleported her way to the burned out library command post...she would be found meditating on a pyramid of burned books when Erskine arrived.

While she waited though, her son's did not rest. Squads of Model 2's took cover in the wreckage of the streets Pietro Demici Pietro Demici and his warriors charged through. They began firing on his men from afar with Sith Sniper Rifles, backed by dozens of Legionnaires firing mortars and rockets. The Forces Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh was embedded with began to come under fierce attacks from 25 strong columns of Model 2's firing smoke grenades, sending Tri-Droids in advance to soak up as much fire as possible before they moved in firing their laser cannons and Disruptors towards the infantry, decimating armored units with Anti-Materiel fire from afar

There was a variation to this slaughter with the blue Hearts. Model 2's could resist Vibro weapons but were not good Duelists save in terms of strength. Model 1's however, were excellent Duelists, engaging and slaying well trained Officers on the Blue Hearts side with Electrostaves, or Vibro double blades, though they too were cut down, however, the Mz-8's fired.

They were primitive by modern standards, but still powerful, and two Cataphracts exploded through the laser fire rainstorm and rocket fire, the Model 2's raining utter hell on the Blue Hearts with a ferocity that shocked both sides...

SF-3335 SF-3335

Last edited:
Objective I: Judgement Day
Gear: Armor | Lightsaber | Shoto
Tags: Felix Aquila Felix Aquila (sorry for the delay, I didn’t get a notification)

Starlin became aware of a group of presences approaching well in advance. He took cover, peering out from behind a vine-covered wall at the people entering the house. Civilians, from the looks of it. What the hell were they doing here? Shouldn’t they be evacuating?

Before he could emerge from cover, someone found him. An armored dude with orange eyes demanded to know who he was and what he was doing here.

I’m looking for the owner of this place,” Starlin replied, a cocky smirk spreading across his face. He sized the guy up and was unimpressed with what he saw. “Would you happen to be him?

ZO2.png

G H O S T
ZIOST | NEW ADASTA OUTSKIRTS | PRISON
LIGHTSABER | MODIFIED JSTP | LEATHER JACKET SANS EMBLEM

KICK THE DOOR
v1sFcPU.png

Two fingers up again, meant their luck was running out –– but this time, they were a little more advantageous on how long their fortune ran. If they were to be discovered, it was on their terms. Maynard saw to that by getting the jump on the approaching patrol, taking them by surprise.

The partner of the one being strangled whirled around surprisingly quickly. He was suddenly abreast of Loske, turned toward her, instinctively opened his mouth to speak and was silenced by the ex-Jedi’s spear-hand strike to the solar plexus. Only a muffled
Uuhhn emerged from his mouth and he staggered back, groping for his weapon and spurting out in bubbled shock. But she was on him, and she hit him again, a palm strike to the temple. She heard a crack as she grabbed the target, making his collapse as silent as possible.

4l9Kvjc.png
Then she glanced at Maynard, fatally twisting a blade into the guard’s chest. Sucking in her cheeks, and gave a short nod. Mostly to herself. Once upon a time, she might have said something; some level of reproach. But those days were over. That endless benevolence had been sapped by the monster she’d been. Now it was just understanding –– realizing these were just means to an end. And cutting ends before they became loose.

If his partner, her target, woke up to find his buddy dead, they’d sound the alarms much faster. If he were dead it’d be up to another patrol to be curious enough to investigate their disappearance. The amount of time that took was a safer bet than depending on the length of time the guard’s consciousness would evade them. It was just logical. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sucking a breath through her teeth, she made a gesture and the knuckle-plated vibroblade concealed in her armour snapped out to pierce the jugular. It was efficient, but bloody. Something in her gut shifted only a little, but it settled once she swallowed and took in a deep breath while the blade retracted and she felt the warm stickiness of the ichor on her exposed fingers. She smeared it on her thigh and went about rummaging.

When Maynard looked up to see what she was up to, she didn’t meet his gaze. Too busy patting down the corpse for what they were looking for –– ah. There it was.

“Hah.” She exhaled, triumphantly brandishing a thin card between her index and middle finger. Taking a few precious seconds to turn it over in her grip and confirm it was what they were looking for, she nodded and put it in the pocket of her jacket. Then, she stooped, pulled her victim as far up as she could, and then lodged her hands beneath his armpits.

“They’ve got to come with us, where none of us'll be seen.” She explained, and nodded behind her. The big sign DETENTION CONTROL ROOM was at the other end of the catwalk and her shoulders sunk. With an extra two hundred kilos of unconscious meat between them, they’d certainly be slower.

Making an irritated noise at the back of her throat, she stood up and released her grip on the man she was supposed to drag. Instead of slinging him over her shoulders, she motioned vaguely to levitate the fellow. The same invisible gurney slid beneath Maynard’s downed target and they followed in tow behind the two former Jedi Knights as they continued to their new focus.

Outside the centre, Loske paused for a moment, dropped the bodies parallel to the blaster door and stepped to the side –– gesturing for Maynard to do so in kind. One finger went up for the count of persons they’d be responsible for.

One person in there and no refresher. Grinning wickedly, she posed to strike but kept her concentration on the room. In an elaborate sort of influential mind trick, the would-be Kiffar thought of
waterfalls, water pouring, fountains flowing, faucets gushing –– and in response, a sense of urgency filled the room. Simple human needs that needed to be satisfied.

It was only a few seconds later that the Blast Door whooshed open and the person ran out; but tripped over the surprising positioning of the dead allies. Before they could fall, Loske zipped in cooly, kneeled and aid the fall with another puncture to the one’s neck from that same knuckler that still hadn’t had the blood of their co-worker wiped off.

She kept her grip on his upper body, and stood in a crouch to drag him back in the room. Once the other two and Maynard were inside, the doors sealed. The method to get in might have taken precious seconds that could have been saved, but it had been soundless and the access card didn’t go on any records and perhaps trigger any suspicions. Seemed like a fair trade.

They were now inside a long, narrow room. The forward wall was mostly monitors and projected holograms, the aft wall a series of compartments and gear. She paid attention to the monitors, an array of pencil-thin lines that intersected in into a clean, geometrically crisp and digitized replica of the prison. The three-dimensional multilevel outline of the prison was empty –– helpful to map out where they were and where they wanted to go, but that was about it.

“Let’s give this a try..” Loske murmured, and flashed the card from her pocket to the lighted control panel. The neutral white light turned green, Purple-II Security Clearance...GRANTED and the screens updated with a scrawling list of miscellaneous data. Multicoloured pinpricks of lights filled some of the little squares that had been designated as cells. A legend popped up about the same time as she engaged the overlay, associating inmates with risk level and designation. She didn’t send much time reading through the admin notes, instead she squinted at the section that had previously been coloured in but restricted on the map.

Touching the screen, she zoomed in and a layer of associated files filled the screen. She sucked in a breath through her teeth, shuddered, and grimaced. The newly accessible files were titled with relevance to Raaf’s workings, different denominations of Shursia and virus keywords flashing as she scrolled. They should have downloaded this information. But there wasn’t time. They had to kill Eldaah first or –– she glanced back up to the screen to see how Maynard was doing on the panel he’d fixated on. She paled.

Part of the colour coding denoted Galactic Alliance war prisoners. Which could have meant some...of those that had been left behind on Ziost’s second battle. They were the floor above the labs –– likely next in queue for experimentation.

Placing a hand on Maynard’s arm, she took a final look at the 3D rendering before focusing on him with a solemn expression that matched the implications of the schematics.

The decision making process was a mutually silent one.

As silent as the rest of their navigation through the prison’s corridors. They hadn’t taken too long to study the map, but it was fairly straightforward. And after a series of dips, dodges, climbing through a shaft lift etcetera, they were at the floor that gave entrance to the lab. At the other end of the catwalk lined with Galactic Alliance prisoners of war.

Eldaah and the soldiers left behind were only steps away.

ALLIES | THE ASHLAN CRUSADE | NIO | NJO | Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline
ENEMIES | TSE | Eldaah Aderyn Eldaah Aderyn

Field Hospital Stats
[[CODE BLACK]]
[[FACILITY LOCKDOWN]]

DoctorJulian Qar
ResidentHazel
Medical Staff??? UNKNOWN
Supplies??? Unknown
Universal Plasma ??? Unknown
Bacta Spray??? Unknown
Bacta Patches ??? Unknown
Wounded INC Staff Casualties

PQ4Ndka.gif

kYpTbUv.png

FIELD MEDICAL REPORT
Protected Document: █ █ █ B-10070 █ █ █

AzLXzUl.png

Obj I: Judgement Day
- - -

Field Hospital | Triage Ready
Medical Narrative

Ready to serve NIO + Allies: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Kolson Vrask | + Others

Bad Guys: Red Boys fucken showed up. Damn. D Darth Malus

UCYSXj6.jpg

I N _ S L E E P ☾
[ + + + ]

“You’ll love this one…” he whispered, lightly tapping the inlay of her illuminated shoulder. “It’s one of my favorite memories of you…” It was their first day off together in months, a well-deserved time for relaxation and calm. Something the two needed but often didn’t share together until now.

“Was from when we first started datin’. Remember you came back from one of your special mission…you stood there.” His hand left her shoulder to point at the closed window in the apartment. “That’s where you’d always stand, to smoke, to think, wind down and jus watch the snow fall outside the window.” He adjusted, hoping to catch the crimson glow of her eyes. They were always so expressive despite all that was taken from her, he could always see more than she’d ever say through them.

“One night you stood there like always, in one of my shirts. I was layin’ here pretendin' to read, but I just watched right along with you…you’d trace the window or tap the glass.” He smirked and dipped his forehead onto hers, “I remember you turned around so quick and said ‘Julian stop staring.” He chuckled, drawing the comforter to wrap around their bodies for warmth when they physically needed none. “You caught me.”

“I always catch you.” She whispered, tapping his nose playfully.

“Guilty… I just couldn’t keep my eyes off you...”

darlin' I'm afraid...

LuNOLCE.jpg

✚ S U P E R O R B I T A L _ P R O C E S S ✚
[ + + + ]

Not once did he ever think to find himself in this position. All he could think of was that memory, replaying itself in his mind...taunting him like a hound to its prize. If only he could run faster, he could reach that moment, open his eyes and this would all be over - but here he was, gunning past death.

He understood now, how spoiled he had been, being hidden away behind the lines, to be the hands to take the delivery of wounds, to mend them and throw them back. Only once had he stepped into the mouth of destruction and even then he was plucked from its teeth by the angels that followed him. But here, he’d hide away his people, throwing himself into the fire hoping to come out alive on the other end.

It would be stupid of him to think this body had rendered him immortal, but no. He was a patchwork man, sewn together with bits of machine that now served as conductors when their purpose was to keep him safe. What a wicked man Malus was, to pool his focus on ending the life of another whose sole purpose was to aid and to protect. This was the Sith he understood, this was the Sith he swore on every ounce of blood spilt he would overthrow.

While i'm standing in it, it's my fucken hospital.

When the man spoke with that childish excuse from an insult, Julian turned back to look at him. He felt the hair on his neck start to stand and that same sickening sensation rattle his stomach. He knew this feeling just as he knew himself. He would make a split-second decision within the throes of his self-induced zero sequence. The doctor pushed hard against the ground, propelling his body with what speed and force he had out of the way of those punishing arching torrents.

“AHH! Fffffuck!” The doctor yelled when those first waves of force lightning rake their claws down his back, bringing with them waves of agony and devastation on his systems. The HUD link flickered its final scrambled messages, his right diagnostics eye had shattered in its socket from the blast, rendering him blind in that eye. Julian quickly pushed his hand over the fresh wound, stomaching the pain that made his guts churn with sickness. He wanted to scream, to cry, to throw up but none of those things took priority over the devil on his back.

Julian rolled to sit up, pressing himself flat up against the wall, straining to catch his breath while blood poured from his mouth onto the ground in front of him. “I...d-dunno….t-t-hink..think…f*ck...f*ck...come on...t-think”

In those moments while he sat, knowing only himself now, in this light, not that soldier he once was before his rebirth. What would that man have done? Who was Julian Qar from all those years ago? Brave, ruthless, cunning - he surely was not the doctor who hid behind the lines, no he was more than that. He just needed time to think, but those blasts would leave him empty-handed. The clock continued ticking and his body was starting to churn away its last legs of backup power that would have caused him to panic but he steadied. There wasn’t time for anything else.

He looked to the sky, slowing his breathing while he wiped blood and sweat from his face and readied his final assault on the gladiator sith. The doctor pushed himself up to stand. Trailing a shaky hand down to his hip pack strumming the familiar sensation of needles on his onyx fingertips. It seemed the first blast had caused the mechanism to malfunctioned, leaving the four angels exposed to the outside world. The doc quickly pulled one syringe from within, prying the cap with his teeth. He would take one final breath as he pushed himself out of safety and towards the ruthless lord. Lightening continued to arch all around him, illuminating the sky and the soil, painting his metal with its vibrant red glow. And with one final tug, the doctor lunged right at Malus and tackled him to the ground, hoping this act of defiance had landed him the victory. Without hesitation, he would attempt to jam the needle into his neck, with hopes of getting that vibrant gold fluid into his system.

“No, it’s m-MINE!”

█ █ █

Last edited:

MOSHED-2021-6-5-21-54-4.jpg

Eclipse Actual

Engaging: Lilanna Kelamvor Lilanna Kelamvor

Loadout: Double-bladed lightsaber, blaster pistol, vibroknife

Allies: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran , Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Julian Qar Julian Qar , Noel Strasza Noel Strasza

Enemies: D Darth Malus , The Battalion The Battalion , TSE

N5cG5gd.png

ZO3.png

Glass Arrows

Blasterfire continued flying through the corridor as Amadeus continued to cut the enemy down one by one. With each step came greater focus, and with each kill, satisfaction. Whatever her reason for being present at this facility... whatever Sith trickery had caused her to defend this place... they would feel his wrath with every swing of his lightsaber. She wasn't there's to command anymore. She wasn't a slave to be thrown into the fight on their behalf...

The Sith would pay for this.

As Amadeus approached the blast doors, the Force signature was blaring through every fiber of his being, and he knew that she had to be on the other side. More troopers came from the opposite end of the hall, firing at him as he closed the gap to the doors. He had managed to deflect the bolts back to them at the last second. The blast doors opened just as their corpses fell to the floor... and his heart sank.

There she was, lightsaber in hand, staring at him with a look of deepening sorrow. Amadeus found himself at a loss for words, almost dropping his own blade in response to seeing her onboard the station. Instead, he held it at his side, never taking his eyes off of her. The ever-present roaring of the alarms seemed to fade away as his gaze fell upon her. He didn't understand... why? Why here, of all places?

He finally managed to get a few words out as he snapped back to the situation at hand.

"You can't be... you can't be defending them."

More troopers could be heard approaching from down the corridor. Not about to be interrupted, Amadeus stepped through the door, closing it behind him. His crimson blade slammed into the control panel, effectively keeping the blast doors closed for now. Doing his best to maintain his composure, he turned back to Lilanna, only to see her own blade igniting. His voice grew as heavy as his heart, wavering somewhere between anger, sadness, and confusion.

"You don't have to do this... any of this..."

He offered his free hand to her as the alarm continued to echo through the halls.

"I know you don't want this. You can't want this. Please... let me help you."

N5cG5gd.png

ZO1.png

Roland Thorne: Eclipse One

Objective: Relieve the besieged medical center

N5cG5gd.png

The trek around the gas was a long detour, but Eclipse Company managed to make the trip with great speed and relative ease. Having gone on countless long, grueling marches during their training, as well as having experienced countless missions that required quick feet, this was a regular day to them. As they approached the Southern borders of the medical center, Roland signaled for the men to hold position and fix bayonets. While the troops prepared, Roland opened a channel to Tycho Vosk.

<<You out there, Overwatch?>>

It didn't take long for Tycho to respond, his voice crackling through the comlink as he spoke.

<<Affirmative, Eclipse One. Got eyes on the facility. Things aren't lookin' great. At least one Sith confirmed to be in the wire. If you're gonna make a move, I suggest you do so now. We've got your six.>>

<<Glad you're on our side, Overwatch. Prepping to engage.>>

Roland put one more coded transmission through to the Blue Hearts before giving the signal to move.

<<Eclipse One here. Thanks for keeping the Sithies busy for us. Engaging hostiles now. Watch your targeting, because we're coming in fast and hitting 'em hard. Eclipse One out!>>

As he terminated the transmission, Roland turned to his men, his words hushed, but full of hardened resolve.

"This is it. You all know what to do. We move fast, and strike hard. The Sith will not give us a second chance, so it's now or never. Now move!"

With those words, they charged to the back of the Sith lines, rushing forward as if they came with the full fury of the NIO. A hail of fire rained down upon those assaulting the medical center as Eclipse Company approached. They were trained for many things, but above all, they existed for exactly this; killing the Sith at every opportunity. As they closed the gap, bayonets and vibroblades ate into the Sith troopers, carving a bloody swath through their lines. Roland was at the head of the charge, producing his own vibrosword and putting it to use.

"Keep pressing! We take back this position, or die trying!"

As they continued to press their advantage deeper into the medical center, Roland could see the large mass of D Darth Malus holding a tight grip on one of the medics. He quickly called out to the others, motioning toward the Sith as he pulled his blade from the torso of another trooper.

"Cloak up ahead! I repeat, I have eyes on a cloak!"

He quickly pulled his blaster pistol from its holster and fired a couple of shots near the Sith, attempting to get his attention.

"Get your fethin' hands off of our medic, you Sith bastard!"

It would be a minute before he would reach them, but if he could distract the Sith for just long enough, the medic might have a chance to free himself from the man's iron grip.

N5cG5gd.png

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
ZO1.png
Objective: Protect the civilians and hospitals
Equipment: 2x Striith vibrosword | The Soulsabers | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Writing with: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson
dRUm20K.png
[ O Fortuna ]

The woman acknowledged with a smile to herself, for a moment, that the man had taken the same position as the woman. Ingrid watched the flaming city wordlessly for a while, hoping she would never have to see her own home in such a way, so that Kalidan and the Eternal Empire would never be on fire. She also listened to reports that his units had received support from both sides, neutrality and were able to withdraw unscathed. She wishes everything would have been so easy. The red-haired woman raised an eyebrow and turned to the man when he called her by her first name.

"At most, I can only offer you Mr. Grayson. We don’t know each other well enough to call you by your first name. My upbringing doesn’t allow me to not be polite. If you still want me to call you Cedric, I'll be forced to play a role, and act like an intelligence agent, which is my original position. So I hope, you don't mind the Mr. Grayson, Mr. Grayson."

Ingrid grew up in a warrior society, among warriors and soldiers, where proper respect was expected. She even called her father "sir", many times, even when there were two. She also gave her husbands the title of Lord when she talked about them or was with them when others saw them. Leaving the rankings... There were only a few people who achieved this. She shook her head.

"Not all Sith are arrogant. Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Grayson, I don’t protect them, but I also know more among the Pillars who want to end the war, you may have been looking for the wrong people. I feel responsible for the resurgence of war. "Peace" came after Csilla and Serenno until Lord Arctus Silmar Arctus Silmar wanted to free me from captivity. No one has ever asked why the Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the regent, Lord Tubrok Ragal Tubrok Ragal , my husband, did not negotiate for my release, why the Eternal Empire did nothing to save me. I forbade them. This is how I tried to achieve peace, even at the cost of my own life. And instead, I managed to start a war bigger than ever."

And all because Silmar wanted to marry her for political reasons. Did she feel responsible? Yes, she did. But guilt? No, she suppressed these feelings. She took a deep breath and then continued in a cold voice but sincerely continued.

"I had already defeated the highest circle of the Sith Empire at the negotiating table, earning their respect, perhaps their trust as well. I offered Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar and Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra , to play the role of mediator and squeeze out the interim peace treaty, which is acceptable to all three sides. They didn't care. But I believe that even in this case, there could be a peaceful and non-fighting solution between your state and the Sith Empire, where the civilian population would not have to suffer either and the stability of the systems would remain. I do not recommend this as a ruler, but as an individual interested in the fate of the Galaxy."

She still did not want to save the Sith Empire, but the Eternal Empire, which required a stable eastern region, but she could not say it out loud. Ingrid looked at the man as she took off his helmet. She knew what the man once looked like, she saw pictures. She wasn't terrified, watching the man in complete neutrality. As a token of her respect, the woman eventually took off her cap as well, so the cold wind playfully got into the red curls.

"I just want to protect the Eternal Empire and regain its never-existing reputation. The entire galaxy considers us a traitor and to someone who committed genocide. Kuat, PL, Bakura, Orellon II, the CIS and the TSE want the head of my former Emperor for his sins and crimes, probably the First Order is the same. No one cares about the fact that Bryn’adûl attacked us from the north. They made their way to the other half of the galaxy. Unlike Darth Tacitus, I am not a conqueror, I am a believer in much more sophisticated methods and, unlike wars, I seek neutrality where it can be resolved. This is also one of the reasons we didn't launch an attack… only once, against Byss, maybe it was also a mistake."

Bogan, Ashlan, as far as the woman knew it was also the idea and view of the old Je’daii order, if all is true, on Tython, Bogan was the dark side moon, Ashlan the Light side moon. Of course, she understood why the man said what he said. He was very convincing and saw the truth in his words. But right now it was her own moral code that bound her hand and the fact that she didn’t want to tie another betrayal to the name of the Eternal Empire, last but not least, knew that many wanted to end the fighting, Miss Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn , Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano , Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco ; and they were all three were Pillar members.

"As a soldier, an individual, but also a leader, I cannot watch the followers of the Light and Dark side commit war crimes in a series, Mr. Grayson. I would remain neutral, in my heart, but my sense of duty and conscience will not allow me to not try to protect the civilian population. Yet what is the world where the Jedi Order commits the greatest war crimes? When they bombed the school and children? Or what entitles the NIO or GA to kill the living shield? No, I’m not saying for a moment that the Sith are better with human sacrifice. But would you be able to retreat and watch this without doing anything?"

She still spoke coldly without emotions.

"Even if you manage to defeat the Sith, you know that after an occupation, it can take years on a planet to get them to surrender completely. We don't have that much time, Mr. Grayson, we don't have years, maybe months or less."

She looked into the man's hand and then into the man's eyes, but she didn't stretch her own.

"There are too many betrayals associated with the name of the Eternal Empire. If our alliance with the Sith Empire ends, it will be through diplomacy. If I were to accept your offer now, neither you nor anyone else would ever trust us again. If someone betrays someone, they can do it with someone else at any time. I hope you understand why I can’t tie another betrayal to my people. In this I will not follow the path of my late Emperor, I consider honour to be more important."

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:

jHiLsO.png

Objective: Judgement Day I
Tag: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand
Equipment:

A non answer, another damn non sequitur in a string of non sequitors. Felix was sick to death of those that proposed to be the guardians of life and good to be the kind to lay deadly siege to a city as they roam door to door annihilating and setting fire to everything in their path like a devouring swarm, blinded by historical righteousness. Felix would harden, burdened by the atrocities he had witnessed across two worlds now, and not a Sith to blame among them. So his eyes would fixate on the figure beyond the hedges, as Felix would move to stand in the middle of the clear open between him and the building... the creature had already given Felix much information, was this another of the door knockers? Another breacher that sought to annihilate those who had ties to the Sith, no matter the frailty nor thinness of the thread. But that made things easy.

"I am. This house is mine, and those in it under the protection of House Aquila. There are plenty more on the way. Soon enough my reinforcements will be here, and this manor shall be ironclad. You can seek refuge here from the battle, if you wish, and you'll be safe from what comes. I would prefer to have your help in guarding it... but if need be, I'll protect this place from you."

Among those that were seeking refuge were many, even a few young Sith, little more than Acolytes and apprentices who had fled the battle in order to survive due to the death or absence of their masters. Too inexperienced to hide their signatures from a seasoned Jedi. Even Felix could feel the taint of the darkside huddling within the four walls of the manor as its doors would begin to be locked and barred from the inside, watchful eyes peeking out into the open garden as the two stood, chatting about the fate of this building and those in it.

"So, now that you've found me, what do you intend to do? I suspect you did not come here to find me to drink fine tea and speak of warmer summers. You came armoured, with a lightsaber and shoto to my home... I'm beginning to think you expected to find something, or someone to which you intended to use those..."

Felix lied, but he was a known factor, House Aquila weapons were found on battlefields across this side of the galaxy in the hands of Sith soldiers, used to repel disputes which raged across warzones. Reports of dead soldiers killed by a nameless faceless specter stemming from where these weapons had typically been found, each event a breadcrumb but leading to the ultimate realization of the growing relations between House Aquila and the Sith Empire.

The hand of the young lord rested casually upon the hilt of his blade until now with little intent to use it, but he would begin to draw upon his focus within the force, centering himself as a red flash would cut across his eyes. A vision of his weapon clashing with a long blue lightsaber blade as another whipped out at speed dripping with volcanic power and catching him upwards in his side. Penetrating his armour as it slid upwards under his ribs and thrusting through his heart... The flicker of red would pass his eyes as he would attempt to not falter under the light of his vision.

It would seem... fate had dictated he was to die here today. Felix would have to attempt to disappoint her again.

ZO1.png

Allies: TSE
Foes: AC | GA | NIO | Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Aaran and the pale-haired woman remained a study in utter contrasts, setting Eva's mind awhirl. These two were both Jedi? It was the kind of ideological diversity that would have been immediately stamped out among the SICA. Your response to the enemy couldn't vary from trooper to trooper, or you would lose the Sith-Imperial military's major advantage: disciplined unity. SICA militiamen, just like Sith-Imperial legionnaires, obeyed orders and killed enemies without question or hesitation. There was us and there was them, the comrades you trusted unconditionally and the foes you shared in hating. There was no room for mercy, which only prolonged the threat to the Empire's order.

But Eva had been drifting away from that unhesitating solidarity for a while now... and hating herself for it.

The first Jedi she'd ever encountered, back on Muunilist, had been exactly as the SICA morale officers had described: elite soldiers with powers beyond her comprehension, the tip of the spear of anarchy that was always seeking the Empire's well-ordered heart. The pale-haired woman and her ally, the man with the azure blade, had used their mystical abilities and their laser swords to hold the plaza against the Sith advance, and they'd killed whatever troopers they'd had to kill in order to do it. Eva's hatred had been an easy, comfortable response to the deaths of her friends at the Jedi's hand. It was exactly how she was supposed to feel about these enemy warriors.

When the young corporal had encountered her next Jedi, in the Temple-Library on Krayiss II, she'd expected much the same... and it had begun that way, with a brutal close-quarters fight between the soldiers of rival powers. But then that Jedi, that baffling young woman whose words still haunted Eva's dreams, had changed everything. The grenade had gone off, and Kerelenko had been blown apart, and the Jedi had shared in mourning him. She was sorry that Eva's friend was dead; she hadn't meant to kill him, and doing it had broken her heart. What kind of elite soldier was that, who grieved for an enemy grunt? You are not part of my war. Eva couldn't understand.

Viers Connory Viers Connory was a mystery she still couldn't puzzle out... but what if she wasn't the only Jedi like that? Was Aaran fighting a different war, too? A war beyond the one that Eva could see, the one she was fighting? He said he wasn't here with the Crusaders, just to observe and to help... but he was here with the pale-haired Jedi woman, walking beside her, and Eva didn't need their mystical Force to feel the homicidal rage still radiating off of her in waves. She was clearly here in support of the Crusaders and their war against the Sith Empire, so how could he not be? It wasn't adding up in her mind. Why did the Jedi stick together if they all disagreed on such fundamental issues?

The pale-haired woman vomited, and Eva found it satisfying to see her brought so low. Kafka and Irinov's revenge.

Aaran turned back to them, offering them a chance to... what, make a run for it? Leave the Empire behind? Eva couldn't understand why he would do that, use his apparent influence to build them new lives outside Sith-Imperial space. Was he going to make that offer to every Sith grunt squad he came across? Surely that wasn't possible, so what made them special? She felt Karalensky stiffening beside her, debating whether to drop the medkit and go for his pistol again. "So that's what this is about," the big man said, staring the Jedi down. "We're not dead because we could be useful. You're being kind because you want traitors you can probe for information."

"Easy, Karalensky,"
Eva whispered, conscious that they were still all on the saber's edge. He didn't listen.

"Terrible masters, huh?" the tall trooper forged ahead. "My sister was born on a backwater farm, and now she's a doctor on Dromund Kaas. She never paid a single credit for school. When my dad got cancer, he spent a year in treatment with top experts in the field. He never paid a single credit, either. I've heard all your propaganda about mystical evil powers, but I've never seen anything like that. What I've seen is an empire that takes care of people like me and my family." He stuck his chin out defiantly, though his bulky helmet somewhat muffled the effect of the gesture. "If you kill me, they'll still take care of them. I'm no traitor."

It hadn't been so long ago that Eva had felt the same way. She'd seen what the Sith Empire had done for Soullex, the economic prosperity and social opportunity it'd brought to the isolated planet where she and her squad had grown up. It was a big part of why she'd joined the SICA, just like her brother Quinn before her. But the temple on Krayiss II, the ancient Sith spirits that had lurked in that shadowy place and the pall they cast over the town outside... that had made her wonder if there wasn't something to the Jedi propaganda. She had to admit that maybe security, prosperity, and opportunity for her and her loved ones had been bought with evil magic and the blood of others.

But the rest of her squad hadn't seen all that; the others she'd served with on Krayiss were in sickbay or dead. And without that experience, they felt only the patriotism she knew well. She was sure that Karalensky would never, ever accept Aaran's offer... and even she wasn't sure what to make of it. Could the Jedi really get them and their families out? Would their families even consent to come? Would it really be better in the war-torn, chaotic galaxy outside the Sith Empire's stable, centrally-planned regime? There were no guarantees, and despite recent losses, Eva wasn't convinced that the Empire was 'rapidly dying'. Soullex, for one, was still a long way from the fighting.

So she made a decision she knew would cost her... but one that might save her squad when they refused to defect.

"Look," the young corporal said, breaking back into the conversation, "do you... do you know a 'Viers'?" It felt stupid as feth to say it now; the galaxy was huge, and there was no guarantee that all Jedi knew each other. She didn't even know the woman's last name. How many Vierses might there be out there? Probably a lot. "She was a Jedi, part of the attack on Krayiss II. When she was wounded, I carried her back to your lines. I could've killed her or captured her, but I didn't. I put her back so you could find her. So I'm asking you to let us go, just like I let her go." Karalensky was staring at her open-mouthed, aghast at what she was admitting to.

Eva would never be able to go back now, not without facing the Saaraishash again... but it was worth it to save her squad.

Last edited:

dSHdBBp.png

VIII
GALIDRAANI FREE-STATE
BLUE-HEART BRIGADE

KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT

OBJECTIVE 1: JUDGEMENT DAY
ZIOST, 865 ABY

Commonwealth Forces
: Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood

Allies (NIO): Noel Strasza Noel Strasza Julian Qar Julian Qar Kolson Vrask

Allies (AC/GA/FO/SJC): Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Geiseric Geiseric Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh Pietro Demici Pietro Demici Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Mrurh'en'lase | Hel Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Enemies (TSE/CIS/EE): Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim N Nyxeris Laertia Io D Darth Malus SF-3335 SF-3335 The Battalion The Battalion Eva Betrik Eva Betrik Ulrich

Lord Erskine's Loadout (Wielded By Lance-Corporal Yorunarr)
Primary: Custom Blaster-Pistol (Right-hip Holster - left-or-right hand draw)
Secondary: Basket-Hilted Vibrosword Claymore (Left-hip Sheathe - right hand wielding)
Last Ditch/Second-Blade: Myles' Fairbairn Vibroknife (Right-hip Sheathe - right-or-left hand wielding)

Pocket-Weapons: Berach's Brass Knuckles (Both Trouser-Pockets - akimbo wielding)

Blue-Heart Brigade (Mechanized-Infantry)
216 Cataphract Tanks (-4)
30 AFVs (-2)
6 ACVs

1 Battalion of Riflemen
1 Company of Combat-Engineers
1 Company of Elite Combat-Medics

uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

COMETS COLLIDE 1 - ERSKINE'S PET PEEVE

HYFBbg7.jpg

02:51:23 Elapsed

'DON'T - YOU - DARE!!!', the Stormchaser started, pausing his part in the meeting to address the matter that was irritating him so much. Seeing two short glasses filled almost to the brim with ice, as Lord Erskine saw it, would be a crime against the taste of Laertia's stolen whiskey-supply, knowing the Cladhan 824-cask deserved more respect than being drowned in diluting, freezing taste-inhibitors. As the assisting Nuetralizer stepped aside with difficulty in computing what was annoying the Blue-Heart so much, it wouldn't understand until Barran had grabbed both drinking glasses and emptied the ice from them, throwing one ice-cube in each glass before grabbing the bottle to do the honours; as he opened the bottle top, the Lord-Commander let the rare alcoholic tincture breathe a little to enhance the taste, then slowly poured the contents in as he continued,'Never sully a 40-year cask, Nuetralizer. Especially not when the 824-cask's already a year into the next decade of distilled maturation.... In fewer than nine years' time, not only will this cask be worth at least twenty times it's current market-value, but the 824 will taste even better as well.'

Lifting the glasses over with him to the small table and deck-chairs, the Stormchaser placed a glass on Darth Xiphos' side of the tablet, before placing the other at his side and sitting down to start proceedings; though the stims were wearing off, Barran had come far enough in his exertions that he cared little for the effect it was already having on the muscles around the wounds opened by his latest rival on Vjun, so his groans were let off without worry of unleashing pains even greater than those he was already battling with. After settling into the seat, Erskine then looked back to Laertia, who was smirking as the Lord-Commander lifted the 824 to his lips, then following suit as he gulped some of the chilled whiskey within. Placing the glass back on the rickety table, the Stormchaser cleared his throat to polite extents before calmly drawling,'Well played on Vjun, but we'll get to talk on the,"Round 2", soon enough, aw'right? I first want to discuss your current situation and the options you have available to you.', searching Laertia's gaze to be sure she was giving him her undivided attention

'You'll already know of what threats lie to the east and west of your defensive perimeter, so we'll skip that for the sake of the ticking clock.... As for those which lie on the other axis, knowing maybe not as much as you'd anticipated. However, our support appears to be at it's most lax in the west, and in that approach lies a corridor to escape to the Bastille. It's either that or risk complete envelopment in the next few hours of this fight.'

<<Eclipse One here. Thanks for keeping the Sithies busy for us. Engaging hostiles now. Watch your targeting, because we're coming in fast and hitting 'em hard. Eclipse One out!>>

'Oh, what's this? A datapad-message illustration of my point, perhaps? Oh, an' would ye know it, we have an illustration of my point from the Galidraani reinforcements! It really isn't looking good for you here, as the only options are your own,"Dealer's Choice", as to how you make use of the escape. You could head out to your dropships again, or risk total envelopment with your doomed friends at the Bastille.... Also, I'd warn your - er - sons about the AFVs behind the walls. Every last high-calibre machinegun will be letting loose on the unlucky ones who make it onto the battlements. An' they're good shots too, no joke.'

5FAuOPz.png

COMETS COLLIDE 2 - BLUDGEONING MARVELS WITH SLUGS

j58jqdA.jpg

The switch in the Nuetralizers' offensive line, with lesser models giving way to their array's juggernauts, all of whom were targeting the staffers and officers at the battlements; anything with a sword would be swiped at by larger, heavier weapons than the ones that were being used in attempted parries against them. Some would die on the spot, others would be knocked off the ramparts to injure themselves in the presence of their comrades, whilst the rest of the surviving Blue-Heart officers either jumped to safety or regrouped in formation; trying against all hope to stave off the overpowered assassin-droids owning their space on their ramparts, attacking the Commonwealth officers with clear, single-minded objectives to complete for their Darth. However, something else in that maelstrom of violence was of a singular mind in that moment, that something being a recently-ordained Chaplain of the Woads' military clergy.

'OOOOOIIIII, TOASTER-BOIZ!!! ARE YA LOOKIN' FOR OWT, OR DO YOU WANT PERMANENT SHUT-DOWNS FOR YOUR TROUBLES?!?!?!?!'

Captain Brand, for all his worldly wisdom and bravery, was unsure if diverting their attention so soon was such a good idea; but the Rooster wasn't about to ruin his devil-mocking reputation, vowing not to break and cower whilst his boots trod on Ziost's gravelly soil, and certainly not after all he'd seen as a crewman during the Free-State's previous visit to New Adasta. Seeing that the well-armoured foes were choosing their new primary target, Brand laughed like he'd seen the most-predictable choice ever in real-time, but before they could finish backing off from the other officers, the Captain roared,'ALL AFV'S, WEAPONS FREE!!! FIRE - FIRE - FIRE!!!!', with every strength his lungs could give him. Not that the extra effort mattered, as his cry would seem like a kitten's mewling in comparison to the collective automatic thudding that unleashed itself across the compound's northern wall; giving the previously-embattled officers all the breathing-space they needed to follow their subordinates off the wall itself, the pressure of so many slugs was creating quite the wall of impact for the advanced armour of their attackers, pushing some back over the wall, but driving others into corners as their arms tried to take the pressure off their chest and neck-pieces.

'HOLD THEM OFF WITH EVERYTHING, LADS!!!! THE TIME DRAWS NEAR, OUR MOMENT TO COUNTER IS NIGH UPON US!!! GOD IS WATCHING!!!!'
5FAuOPz.png

COMETS COLLIDE 3 - A RAISED EYEBROW

35YyATv.jpg

Watching the medics as they discussed the clearances for his temporary enhancement, Yorunarr looked on sceptically whilst the one who called herself,"Hazel", chatted away with her colleague, folding his arms as he overheard her asking the other woman if they had any of the permitted substances close to hand. He couldn't tell if she was worried or just concerned they didn't have any of the main cleared substance, let alone the equally-obscure substitutes, so all the young Novanian could do in that moment was wait while they pondered on the issue, sitting with his legs hanging off the side of the gurney whilst Julian fought and bled without him there to help. None of this experience was instilling confidence or relief in Yorunarr's mind, but he would regardless keep his urgency to himself, letting the Blue-Heart training take hold as the young Lance-Corporal planned his next steps in relative silence.
The other lady has apparently gone to find whatever I need, but will it be enough? I better start preparing anyway....

Objective I: Judgement Day
Gear: Armor | Lightsaber | Shoto
Tags: Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

The Aquila name meant nothing to Starlin, whose primary battle experience at this point was against the Bryn’adul and Dark Side cultists who wielded lightsabers exclusively. House Aquila didn’t get very far into his speech before Starlin interrupted him.

Yeah yeah, fancy pants, I noticed.” Snorting, he gestured vaguely in the direction of the civilians. “I’m not here to mess with civvies. I’m here for the Sith.

His gaze narrowed.

On the other hand, I can sense the Dark Side among them. Despite whatever bullchit you might have seen or heard, I’m not going to just massacre everyone I encounter. But the Dark Side has to be dealt with. You’ve got options here, Aquila. Either surrender willingly, or I knock you the feth out and do what I have to do.

Which might involve simply rolling for Persuasion with the acolytes. You never know.

VLqsrvb.png

Carnifex remained silent as Elle dug into him with a refutation of what he stood for and what he had said to her, a firm rebuke against the very nature of the Dark Side itself. Even the shadows that had lingered on the edge of the amphitheater seemed to shrink away, scuttling into the innumerable nooks and crannies that the Light could not reach. Carnifex did not shrink from the immaculate glow that exuded from Elle's form, he didn't even flinch as the light grew brighter and brighter with each spoken word.
He held his ground and watched silently; impassively. Occasionally he would lash out with his saber, eagerly dodged or swatted aside as he expected they would be. Otherwise, he would not press the fight further than he had already, observing the results of his goading and threats.
And when Elle had finished, when she had, at last, punctuated her monologue with a clear and decisive period, he finally decided to reply.
"Can't I?"
Few had truly peered beyond the Carnifex's stoic façade to the true being that lay beneath the flesh and bone, to see the Dark Lord for what he truly was. He wasn't just an avatar of the Dark Side, he didn't just embody the darkness; he was the darkness. Beneath the carefully cultivated image that he had shown to the rest of the galaxy was an endless void, an event horizon in the Force. Most of the time, he concealed his own true nature to manage and manipulate his own strength and power in the Dark Side; only his most trusted followers and allies ever saw the truth.
And now, he cracked open the blast shield for Elle Mors.
Where her Light had burned away the darkness moments before, the Dark that lurked behind the veil in the shape of Carnifex swept it away. Like a black hole, the benthic wellspring of Darkness consumed all Light within its vicinity and the shadows rushed back to fill the vacuum. It was not merely the absence of Light, it was the complete rejection of it entirely.
And when Carnifex next spoke, another voice lurked behind his every word. "You are ignorant of much, daughter of Renard. Your mind is closed, your eyes squeezed tightly shut. In time, you will come to know the dire truth. This struggle, and her life, is meaningless, I will show you. When you have grown tired of this posturing, come to Coruscant. That is where her grave is." He watched her in silence then, staring intensely at her with molten eyes corrupted with flecks of amber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom