Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion [GA] Eshan's Summer Solstice

skin, bone, and arrogance
18jat7G.png

MjgzGMK.png

Natasi waved away the apology. "Nonsense, Senator, flattery is an essential tool of our trade. You employ it very well."

Senator Sodun's analysis of the situation was thoughtful and considered. A man concerned with the affairs of his constituents. Some Senators took an inward view, hyperfocused on their planet's interests to the exclusion of the responsibility to the larger Galactic Alliance and the galaxy at large. She didn't believe Sodun was among that number; he seemed to strike an appropriate balance, to her limited understanding.

The Supreme Leader couldn't quite ascertain whether she -- or rather, the Renascent Republic -- was being mocked by his description of it as mighty. A small system, composed mainly of refugees from the collapsed First Order, did not seem to fit the description, but there was certainly potential there. Frowning thoughtfully, she shrugged her delicate shoulders and swirled her champagne in its glass. "It doesn't, directly," Natasi said quietly, her dark eyes narrowing slightly. "Whether Eshan joins or doesn't join will not impact the Renascent Republic very much in the grand scheme of things. But in a broader sense, as good galactic citizens, we take a view as to harmonious relationships with galactic neighbors."

She paused a moment, sipped the champagne, let the bubbles jig festively on her tongue briefly. "The more the Galactic Alliance demonstrates its ability to facilitate difficult reconciliations -- for instance, between the Echani and their formerly-repressed colonies -- the broader its base of moral authority and political capital. The more it can represent itself as a successful good-faith actor. So to the extent that it benefits the Renascent Republic to be part of a stable galactic power with the authority and strength to facilitate good outcomes, I take an active interest."

Her eyes trailed over to the Echani Queen and her distinguished colleague from Denon and she gave a subtle jerk of her chin over there to Set. Set. . "How do you suppose that's going?" Natasi asked quietly, ever the diplomat. "I was hesitant to approach Her Majesty -- being only a very junior senator -- but do you think we ought to offer them a lifeline?"

bwDBmbV.png
18jat7G.png

"Oh. Ohh." Grinning, he tapped at his temple. "I gotcha. This is that, uh, pregnancy brain right?"

He gestured towards the swell of her stomach. He couldn't exactly blame her for not making any sense, especially when her brain was obviously scrambled by the baby and the hormones and whatnot.

Noelle blinked hard, then began to look around for someone to relieve her. Her maid was no where in sight, nor was her daughter.

"I assure you, we are perfectly capable of both farming and fighting." If this was what she was expected to deal with from the alliance, perhaps she was better off facing the Mandalorians alone. At least the fight itself would be enjoyable, this was starting to make her temple throb.

She tried to subtly turn away from him, hoping that the flow of the crowd would cut him off and make further conversations too awkward to maintain. She certainly gave him nothing else to respond to. Instead she reached for pastry and made herself too busy chewing it to speak.

Balthus Larr Balthus Larr

bHga00H.png

Objective: Reunite with Thelma
Tags: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
Attire: Silas's formal suit

div1.png

Seeing his former master get defeated was like the icing on the cake for him. There was no doubt they both had a deep bond, but their competitive nature and teases were well documented. It was only another thing for the young knight to joke about for their next chat. After all, Silas had to take whatever he could with Valery considering she wasn't known for mistakes or losses.

Silas was still smiling up until the two of them kissed, a sight that he found cringe for the right reasons. As he looked away to scrunch his face, a pair of arms wrapped around his body to surprise "H-hey! Thelma?!" the knight said shouted with glee, no longer worried of the chance of being rejected. Silas slowly turned around and wrapped his arms around her back to lift her up a few inches off the ground "You don't know how much I've missed you..."

Leaning his face forwards, he gently locked lips with the girl in his arms for a long kiss of affection. Just like before, nothing mattered but her right now.

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Objective: Enjoy the festivities
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

Untitled788_20230712011953.png

A proper tornado or gale can throw even the toughest of opponents off their balance."

"Now that I do understand, I attended another training session where I was given this. I tried flying up the mountain to meet up with the other learners and, yeah, didn't think I was going to make that one, the winds were awful." I gestured at the echo stone on a pendant around my neck, an item that looked more like bone and moss than a crystal by now due to its connection to me.

He mentioned the open minded jedi and the various sources of knowledge around the galaxy. I would be wary of learning from the Sith, even I, a bare novice in the force had heard the horrible stories of the depths the Sith were drawn to with the dark side. Perhaps one day when I was stronger I could study it, but that was something for long in the future.

But by all means, stay in the order.

I let out a little slightly embarrassed laugh. "Here's the thing. I'm not actually in the order. I'm mostly just hanging around and attending a few lessons Dreidi thought I might appreciate.

I figure at some point one of two things will happen, either they will realise I'm not a Jedi, or I will realise I am one?"
I shrugged dismissively. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to be, and every corner I turned was another option regarding the myriad of different force cultures.

Iooked up at the palace where people were releasing the lanterns and smiled at them, "Look they're doing it!". I had a sudden and mischievous urge, but quickly realised it was not going to be possible. "I should have worn my special armour. Id love to just fly up there and get closer to the lanterns. But this.." I pulled on the fabric covering my chest "..is an actual dress, so if I skinshift I'm ripping it in half and leaving it behind." I laughed to myself at it and took more of my drink imagining the scene I might cause. This might be the last drink tonight.​

XoSTVuJ.png
bHga00H.png

"You've never been much of a sunshine, yourself." He allowed for a brief smirk to creep across his mouth, grasping at his calloused palm.

Jem smirked back, a small bit of joy reaching her eyes.

What. She hadn't missed that.

A couple was forced to split and squeeze by them to get onto the walking path they blocked. Jem jolted out of the way, brought back to the surroundings and the crowd that lingered around them.

"Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would have said you called me here. The force is crazy here tonight, can you feel it?" She shifted uncomfortably, then looked back to him, her brows furrowed as she took in the rough nature of him. A concern cut through her chest as she realized something.

Maybe he couldn't. He didn't exactly feel straight and narrow to her. She cut him off before she could get an answer she didn't want to hear.

"We could uh..." Another person brushed by them to exit the path. "Go get a drink?"

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd
pnghut_telescopic-sight-clip-art-vector-graphics-image-sniper-rifle-adjustment.png

alexboarder.png

Throughout the vibrant and bustling streets of Eshan, Alex found himself immersed in a playful game of hide and seek. His mentor, Cedwyn, had ventured out into the crowd, his Force signature a beacon for Alex to follow. It was a test of skill, agility, and the ability to blend seamlessly into the crowd, a far cry from the intense and purposeful hunts of their previous encounter.

As he weaved through the throngs of people, Alex adopted an air of nonchalance, careful to suppress his own Force presence while keeping a watchful eye on Cedwyn. The streets were alive with activity, adorned with stalls selling an array of charms and trinkets. It was a sight to behold, the atmosphere brimming with the excitement of the Summer Solstice.

As he continued to track Cedwyn's elusive presence, Alex couldn't help but notice the similarities between the Echani men in the crowd with his Mentor's appearance. Their features mirrored Cedwyn's in subtle ways, a shared heritage that Alex hadn't truly comprehended until now. It was a realization that sparked a sense of curiosity.

The stalls that lined the streets beckoned Alex with their vibrant displays and intriguing wares. He briefly entertained the idea of purchasing a charm for Cedwyn, a small token to show his appreciation and solidify their bond. But he quickly dismissed the thought, realizing that there were other, more meaningful ways to convey his gratitude.

A smile tugged at Alex's lips as he politely greeted the people he encountered along the way, effortlessly blending into the colorful crowd. The game of hide and seek became a dance of observation and anticipation. Each movement and shift in the crowd offered hints and clues to Cedwyn's whereabouts, teasing Alex with the thrill of the chase.

The stalls became his checkpoints, each one a potential hiding spot for him. The game of hide and seek in the streets of Eshan was more than just a playful exercise. It represented a deeper lesson for Alex—an exploration of his own abilities, his connection to the Force, and his capacity for adaptability. The challenges he faced were not presently threats to his life, but opportunities for growth and self-discovery.

As the game continued, Alex felt a surge of excitement course through his veins. He relished the chase, the ebb and flow of the crowd, and the thrill of catching glimpses of Cedwyn's elusive figure. With every step he took, Alex drew closer to Cedwyn, the anticipation building within him. The streets of Eshan became a playground of possibilities for the redheaded youth.

Of course, Alex failed to mention his little 'game' with Cedwyn. He chose to keep his intentions secret and whenever Cedwyn glanced his way he ducked or stepped behind an object to break the line of sight.

Amani scoffed and knocked Alicio's shoulder lightly, though a smirk still touched her lips, "Don't even joke~" He, obviously, roused his daughter much more gently, and soon she too was enraptured by the setting, "Hellooo…" Amani waved at her daughter.

Alicio began to prep his lantern, brining over Amani's as well. August naturally became quite invested in the paper contraption as soon as it was within reach. His interest only spiked when the light within was ignited, "Hang on, buddy," Amani chuckled. She held it up and whispered, "Niah and Galar Serys. Mom and Dad. Rest easy," Before letting it go.

Both lanterns sailed off into the evening sky, their flickering candlelight joining the vista of distant stars. August wiggled eagerly, kicking his legs in approval of the beautiful sight. He whined for more, "Alright. Ready for yours?" Amani reached down to retrieve the next two, handing one to Alicio while she lit the first.

Vulpesen's eyes narrowed at the stone and he reached out in the force to sense the energy around it. "Quite the trinket. I've a friend who collects and makes such items." Gweneth's next admission brought a smile to the Wilder's face and he took another sip from his flagon before responding. "Then keep your options open. Maybe some day the jedi will call to you. Maybe some day you'll find something else. For now, its best to learn what you can from who you can. There's nothing wrong with knowledge for knowledge sake."

The notice of the latern drew his attention and for a moment, Vulpesen simply stared up at the lights, smiling as his tail swished behind him. Like stars brought to earth, only to be sent back to the sky. It was a lovely sight and what they represented only added to their gorgeous viewing. Gweneth's idea however, quickly brought him back to ground and a smirk grew widely over the Zorren's fanged features. "Then aren't you lucky you decided to hang around a master wilder. In truth, the elements aren't quite my specialty. I prefer to follow the way of the shifter. Hold this"

Vulpesen removed his coat and tossed it to Gwen before lifting his container to chug down the contents. It served two purposes. One, to provide his body with every bit of energy he could get. Two, to numb the pain of what he was planning next. Focusing inward, he moved muscle and bone until a sudden tearing sound broke the air as protrusions of bone and muscle ripped from his back. Letting out a hiss of pain, the wilder simply pushed through. He felt weakness come over him as bone and muscle density lessoned, every part of his body shifting its mass to his back to the growing web of bone and membrane. Finally, he covered it with a rippling of black feathers. The process took barely over a couple of seconds, but the effort was obvious by the sweat on his brow. "Yeah, if you own a jetpack, never leave it at home." Standing back up form having hunched in pain, Vulpesen stretched and tested the wings. "That should work. Now don't squirm too much. It'd be a shame to drop you."

Calling on the force, he took Gewneth into a gentle hold. While the winds might have been more appropriate given their conversation, he figured the jedi arts of telekinesis would avoid any embarrassing updrafts that could affect her dress. "Now hold on." With a beat of his wings, Vulpesen took to the air, bringing Gweneth up with him as he headed towards the lanterns.

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I owe you dinner?"

Kahlil chuckled and shook his head as he continued to just carry her in his arms. Right now he didn't much care one way or another if she walked or not. He leaned down for the kiss, not wanting her to end up leaning too far less it hurt her more. And, well, helped him continue to tease her fully. "Well, I guess we should just go back to the hotel huh? I don't think you're going to be up for anything too strenuous after that loss, will you? The lake will just be too much."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

"You all are just, silly!"

K1 blinked, forgetting the sparkler as he turned to Aliris, tone full of concern. "Are you alright, Aliris? You're shaking!" The droid had never seen her laugh before, not this hard anyway. The seven foot hunk of metal just knelt next to his small humanoid friend, fretting over her as she giggled uncontrollably.

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Loomi Loomi Braze Braze

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble <3

"Well, more than just dinner, but it's a good start." She flashed him a grin and seemed to relax, as he carried her and leaned in for the kiss. But his teasing was far from over, so she blushed again when her eyes opened after the kiss. Sparring, races, or games all sparked competition between them, so rubbing in that she lost and being called a little princess made her almost want to jump him a second time.

But she actually had another idea.

"We'll leave that for the hotel room," Valery began with an eyebrow waggle. "But I'd really like to go to the lake, so we can release a lantern. I'd like to do it for my mother and father. Could you take me there?" she asked, her tone a lot more gentle as she opened up a more vulnerable side of herself. After finding that old message from her mom hidden within the ship, she wanted to send a message of her own.

What better place than the lake where she had also asked for her husband to return to her? Few other places in the Galaxy had such a strong and meaningful connection to her. Valery then leaned into his embrace, choosing to just stay where she was, rather than walk herself. On a night like this, nobody looked up strange because of it, and she felt comforted by him joining her for all of this.

post.png

Eshan.png
ESHAN
Royal Palace

Lila bowed her head to the brooding man as she returned the introductions. "Lila Doneet, senator of Thyferra. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Though she had spoken Galactic Basic for many years, she also had the hint of an accent buried under one she tried to maintain. Every now and then, it became more prominent, especially when she was angry. Though, that was not a common occurrence.

She sat herself beside Thal Mantis Thal Mantis as she swept her long dress out of the way, not liking to see someone in low spirits, particularly not at a party. "Are you not enjoying the festivities?" she asked, though in a soft tone, not intending to pry. Lila knew that formal gatherings were not everyone's preference but she got a sense that there was more to the sadness she felt from the Jedi. Whilst her nature urged her to provide a shoulder to those who needed it, she had to remind herself often that it was not her business.

She looked out into the crowd once again, noting the discomfort of the queen in the presence of a fellow senator. Lila worried that it was a sign that the new representative of Denon was dissuading her majesty from joining the Alliance with his talk. It was, after all, the reason that the ball was happening in the first place. She thought about maybe interceding and relieving the queen of the man. Though, it would be rude to end a conversation so abruptly when she had only just engaged it with Thal. For now, her attention remained on him, with the occasional glance towards the pair. Lila was sure that others may have also picked up on the situation and would handle it better than her. The employment of politics was something she was not as accustomed to as her colleagues who had held their positions for longer and circumstances as delicate as this required a tender yet meticulous approach.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png
"Probably something to do with the festival, maybe." He said, giving a non-committal answer that fell in line with his sparing glance to the drifting lights that only flew higher and higher with each passing moment. Was Dagon's there, somewhere, caught in between them all, to set itself among the stars? Yes, though Corin had surely lost track of it amidst all the others.

He turned back to see the shape of her brow. When had Corin ever set himself on the straight and narrow.

With a touch of hesitance, Corin agreed. "Sure, works for me."

Though Corin lacked the slightest of clues where to get one on Eshan.

"You okay, though?" He asked as the two went about for a drink, somewhere. "You seem a little... I don't know, you know?"

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

Senator of Cortella

bwDBmbV.png

There was almost no limit to how far Raigryn would travel. If there was free food and drink, a diplomatic shuttle and a chance to spend some time away from his current wife, Raigryn would have accepted an invitation to the coldest corner of Hoth.

It seemed that other members of the senate gas the same views. That, or they actually took their jobs seriously.

Raigryn had been sent to the senate from his quiet world to keep him from causing any more disruption back at home. He treated the position with all the respect he felt it deserved.

Came to an abrupt halt as he moved through the crowd towards someone with tall fluted glasses of something bubbly.

It took him a moment to realise what had caught his attention.

Pregnancy brain?

And Raigryn thought that he was prone to the odd public gaff.

Jem laughed. “-Not angry? Yeah. Weird, isn’t it?”

Even before Dagon she had been so easily riled. She could still feel his tired, accepting sigh brush through her memories. He had been so patient with her. Even when she felt she had the world to prove.

“I destroyed it. My father’s throne.” She glanced at Corin and wondered if he would recall what that meant for her. It had been the source of her fathers power. It had also been the tool her father had used to corrupt her.

She grimaced at the reminder and gestured for a side street for them to try. It must have been close to midnight but it hardly felt like dusk.

“I work for the alliance’s private sector now. Doesn’t leave much room for brooding, I guess. They keep us busy.”

She found the warm glow of a tavern door and held it open for him.

“You doing anything with your knighthood?” She sassed, as she let him walk through. Grown, or otherwise, there remained a 50/50 percent change she’d tried to close it on his ass as he walked through.

Odd number= wack
even number=holds door

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

wb1.png
TAGS:
Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Loomi Loomi K1[_ _] K1[_ _]
XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

alexboarder.png
Braze smirked. " Nah they look fiiiiiiiiine~" He moved to show them what they looked like and paged through several images. He smirked hearing Aliris bubble up with giggles and seemed to just enjoy that she was acting her age for once, It must have felt liberating. He glanced to K1 who seemed to be concerned and took a tentative step back from the large tin-man fellow giving him some space. Braze took a few more pictures this time of K1 and Ali before taking another of Loomi waiting for just the perfect moment to catch her smiling too.

"I wonder what kind of treats we can find. Perhaps we can find something a little less spicy you guys can pallet. " Braze suggested.

WmUQaeu.png

The sight of her mother got Liana's attention. The little girl rocked back and forth rapidly in her papoose, before growing still again, watching the glowing lanterns as they took their place among the stars.

Alicio had barely heard Amani's words, and gave her a somber smile in support, taking the lantern as it was handed to him, and sitting down by the lake with Lia in his lap, helping her sit up, and unwrapping her from her confinement. Immediately, she made a grab for the lantern, though Alicio had the foresight to guide her hands to the rim, protecting the paper.

"You never got to know your grandparents," Alicio started, his voice loud enough for Amani and August to hear. He knew the little ones couldn't understand, but he spoke regardless. "Those lanterns were for them. They would have been overjoyed to have known you two."

Liana turned her head up to look at him, her storm-grey eyes an enigma. There were thoughts stewing behind those eyes, Alicio could tell. "These lanterns are for us. It's a promise, that... we'll never truly be lost. That wherever we are, no matter how far, we'll find our way home again." Alicio could have sworn he saw Lia consider this, looking back at the lit lantern in her pudgy hands.

After a moment of consideration, she let go, too.

Last edited:

" Nah they look fiiiiiiiiine~"

Loomi sighed, hanging her head a little. If Braze said they were fine than it had to be so, right? She trusted him. The Godoan would give him a warm smile, and Braze would feel a warm sensation of gratitude wash over him.

She was taken off guard by Aliris laughing. They were... silly? Loomi smiled. She was happy at least. That was good.

"Are you alright, Aliris? You're shaking!"

"It's okay," Loomi assured, reaching up and patting the tall droid on the shoulder. "She's just laughing. That's a happy thing."

Braze mentioned food, and almost immediately Loomi's stomach began to grumble. She was very hungry. The scent of a nearby stall was already beginning to pull her away from the group. It seemed to be cups of noodles, or at least from what she could tell. Her sight at that distance was always a little fuzzy because of her bad eye.

"That smells good," she decided.

"You're back! You're back!" she exclaimed giddily, jumping up and down like she was about to take flight. Silas promptly lifted her up off her feet and held her tight.

"You don't know how much I've missed you..."

She could've said the same thing to him. All those dreary days and lonely nights... Despite all her excitement, Thelma fell perfectly still when he kissed her. She melted against him, wishing that the moment would last forever. Ah, but there was so much ahead! They had a lifetime of this yet to come.

At least, she hoped so. "You are going to stay with me now, aren't you Silas?" she asked, pressing her cheek to his. "For a little while, at least?" She couldn't tell him what to do, of course, but she was afraid this would turn out to be a brief visit before he went off on his own again.

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Objective: Enjoy the festivities
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

Untitled788_20230712011953.png
The man handed me his coat and started to shift in front of me, of course I knew that some species did it differently, but that looked painful. Two young women in the crowd also caught sight of it and watched as a form that could have been taken from a horror-holo unravelled from the Master's back. I smirked as their faces turned from curiosity to fear and just mouthed to them he's fine. They did not look convinced.

I'm not sure why it caught me by suprise still as he swept me off my feet telekinetically and placed his hands gently around me but it did. I instinctively put my arms around his neck as we took off flew. I was so used to flight myself I wasn't bothered with the height but my heart was racing. "If you drop me, Im telling, everyone" I joked as we continued up towards the lanterns.

The view was stunning and the stream of glowing lanterns slowing rising from the palace put a smile on my face. I found my own head resting on his collarbone, not through some romantic imperative but because it was comfortable.

Romantic? Chit... chit chit chit! This time it was my turn for the widened eyes and the feeling of horror to cross my mind. I had pictured myself in situations like this before, but not with a teacher and not with... chit... I looked up at his face, trying to get a sense of whether I was right. Then turned away before he could catch me. "Master Torrevaso, this isn't one of those "extra credit" deals is it?" I hid the nerves that tried to foil my attempts of hiding a genuine question within a joke. Had I been older, the natural skill with glamour that my species possessed would have been useful, but I was still a teenager and the man holding me was significantly more powerful with the force. ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom