Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion [GA] Eshan's Summer Solstice

Tides of Change

WmUQaeu.png

CZkMVgs.png

"I suppose that's true, in a way. Though I must say, time doesn't always heal old wounds."

He looked off to the lake, watching the light of the rising moon shimmer on its surface. Dancing carelessly into the night. His answer was obtuse, but in truth, he didn't really have an elaboration that would help. In his experience, it was different from person to person. All he knew for sure was that time alone was not a perfect remedy.

His late love and fallen friend could attest to that.

"I met her when I was a Knight," Elias said aloud. "Probably around your age. She was a spacer. Always moving, always working. Chasing Credits, only to spend them on ship parts or cheap liquor. She was simple... millions of others doing the same thing she did, every day, all over the galaxy, but..."

He sighed. He could see her face, remember her laugh. All the little idiosyncrasies that made her who she was.

"...she was different," he finished.

"Her name was Mara."

Elias looked to Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el with eyes filled with both fondness and sadness. He nodded to the second lantern beside him. Might as well unload now, before he sends them on their way. He only wish he had a third, for Calix.

"This one is for Tarus. A fine Jedi Master, and an excellent friend. A brother,"
Elias corrected. "He was bested in combat on Tython, although I have suspicions things were not that simple. I believe he allowed himself to die, to save his Padawan. It was a noble sacrifice, but one that I've spent the last few years resenting instead of appreciating."

It wasn't fair to Tarus, and it wasn't fair to young Cailen Corso Cailen Corso . Thus, the lantern. Elias was here tonight to let go of lost love and years of anger towards a friend who only tried to do the right thing for his Padawan.

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Outfit: Dress
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond
The Padawan raised an eyebrow at Shan talking about his past, of refusing to use his lightsaber as a weapon. It reminded Katherine of something she had read in the Archives, of a time where war wasn’t a continuous thing that threw chaos across the galaxy. Where a lightsaber was nothing more than a deterrent, only over raised in defence of others.

Gradually, Katherine’s focus shifted away from the two Nobles’ fighting, and instead watched Shan’s expression as he talked.

She could hear the pain in his voice, as he spoke about his experiences on Elom. Of the Sith that put him through such pain and torment, and yet there was a desire to try and help her. And despite the uncertainty in his voice, Katherine could tell there was a degree of confidence and determination within the Mirialian.

I don’t think it’s necessarily stupid, and I mean…everyone rambles? Personally, I feel that’s a sign you’ve got your heart in the right place, it’s just an…uncertain thing.” Katherine paused as she thought on her words, whether she wanted to continue her train of thought. But Shan had shown courage in speaking up, so why couldn’t she?

I believe you have a chance, Shan. Because I guess in a way, I’m proof of it.” She glanced over, her eyes settling on Kahlil, not really paying attention to what he and Valery were doing, but was thinking of the conversations she had with her Master. “I’m a Sithspawn, at least it was intended to be…” Katherine looked back at Shan, to gauge his reaction. “And try as I might, I still can’t shake the feeling, the dread, that I’m just a powder keg that’s waiting to blow up. To prove people like the SIA, that they were right all along.

An eyebrow raised when Katherine said she was proof that Shan had a chance in his goals, as he turned to look at her whilst she spoke. And when she said she was a Sithspawn...Shan had a small little flinch, though as soon as he noticed Katherine was watching him for his reaction, he realised he had to clarify things for her. "I-It's...not you. I promise. Just had a bad experience with a Sithspawn. But I'm having a good experience with you. So it's plenty different." And he meant it. Whilst he flinched when Katherine said what she was, he had just went back to how he had been previously. In fact, he was...a little bit more joyful in his voice. He wasn't going to judge her for her past. As much as he might have hesitated in the past to think of Sithspawn being able to be..."good", Katherine was already a sign to him that there could be good ones.

Though that didn't stay for long as he thought about her comment about being a powder keg. He stared off in the direction of the Nobles, not really watching them but just needing somewhere to look whilst he thought.
"...We're all powder kegs Katherine. Not just you. Some of us have longer fuses than others, whilst some have shorter fuses." Shan kept his eyes ahead of him, not being able to bring himself to look at Katherine whilst he spoke. "I used to think I could never explode. But...during that battle on Elom...I nearly killed her. I had her disarmed. My saber was pointed directly at her. It could have been so easy."

Finally Shan was able to bring himself to look at Katherine, giving her a half hearted smile that didn't quite meet his eyes. "...But I realised it wasn't what I wanted. I wasn't fighting to kill anyone. I was fighting to protect. To protect the refugees. To protect myself. To protect her." He raised a hand and gently put it on Katherine's shoulder, as his smile grew more. "It's...much easier said than done, but just think about what you want to do. And know that you have my support. You aren't a monster Katherine. You're...a person. Same as me, same as Master Kahlil."

Was he just rambling? Maybe. But Katherine was his fellow padawan, so Shan was going to do anything he could to try and help calm the dread she felt. "We just...need to find out what sets off our fuse. And how we can put the fuse out ourself. Sometimes we can trust our friends to put it out...but we need to be able to do it as well. It's part of why I believe so firmly in trying to protect people, instead of fighting off the threats. If I'm alone with a threat, I'm likely to give into my fear, or my anger...but if I'm with people I'm trying to protect? They help to settle me." By the Force, he was talking way too much. He ran a hand through his hair, letting out a small chuckle. "...Here I am, talking about all of this, when you wanted to get some charms. Sorry about that."

Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Kahlil_Div2.png

"And here I thought I'd get you to blush."

Kahlil chuckled just a little before he nodded. Smiled softer. Her parents, right. She'd long had gotten used to not having them as part of her life, only to find that message for her mother to let her know just how much she mattered. How much Valery had always still been a part of them. So, with her still in his arms, he carried her to the lake. He wasn't about to let his princess walk after such a savage beating.

"But, that sounds like a wonderful idea."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris's laughter only got worse as K1 seemed to be worried about it. Did he have to take that so seriously? Probably, given part of his programing was defending her. Or maybe that was just him being concerned? She wasn't too sure, but honestly, it was really funny. Thrown into the fits of a seemingly unending giggle, she eventually calmed down enough to speak between the laughter. "I'm- I'm fine! Promise. I- Heh. Okay. .. I'm good. I'm calm, I'm good."

A deep breath, and she looked towards Loomi and nodded.

"Okay. Yeah. Food! I am feeling kinda hungry."

K1[_ _] K1[_ _] | Braze Braze | Loomi Loomi

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble <3

Valery was, in fact, blushing and being called out for it only deepened the shade of red on her cheeks. Still, she shot him a loving smile and held onto him as they walked towards the lake. It wasn't too far away, and being with him as they walked through the decorated town only made the journey a lot more fun. But as they get closer, Kahlil would likely be able to tell that her heart was starting to beat faster.

This is where she made the wish, and where she'd now send a final message to someone she had never really known, but understood so well now.

"Alright, here it is," Valery said, not at the pier or any special location, but a place within the grass close to the trees. This was the exact location where she made that wish all those years ago, so now she wanted to release the lantern here. "Do you want to release a lantern as well?" Valery asked with a careful tone.

Braze noticed Aliris's uncontrollable laughter and saw that she was in good spirits. He decided to join in on the fun and make the most of the moment. Walking over to Loomi and the noodle stall vendor, he flashed a friendly smile.

"Hey there! How much are your noodles?" Braze asked, his voice filled with genuine curiosity. He wanted to treat his friends and himself to a delicious meal, something to satisfy their hunger and enjoy the moment.

The noodle vendor, eagerly replied with the price, showcasing the mouthwatering variety of noodles available. Braze made a quick currency exchange, ensuring he had enough to purchase a bowl of noodles for each of them.

With a smirk Braze intentionally skipped ordering noodles for K1. After all, the droid's 'taste preferences' were quite different from theirs, and Braze doubted K1 would have any interest in noodles. It was all in good fun, and he didn't want to waste any food.

"Alright, three bowls of noodles, please!" Braze requested, pointing to the desired options on the menu. He eagerly awaited the moment when they would be handed their steaming bowls of noodles.

He handed each of the girls their bowls and went to pick a place for them to settle down in the grass. He took off his odd over shawl and opened it up laying it out in the grass before settling down on it. He patted the shawl and looked at the girls as if inviting them over.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't have a lantern for someone."

He set Valery down finally by the lakes edge, gently wrapping his arm around her waist just to support her still. She didn't need it, but it was fun to tease her about it anyway. And, well, he wanted to support her. Especially here and now. This place had a lot of memories and emotions for her, and there was another emotion she was going to add to it all. Another memory. He rested his chin atop her head, smiling as he watched her light her lantern.

"But I'll help you release yours."

WmUQaeu.png

Eshan
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Open

As the lanterns were prepared, Alicio began to speak on their symbolism. Eventually both Lia and August were focused on the voice of their father, even if they couldn't genuinely understand the nuance behind it. Their excitement became calmer, more fixated than hyperactive, "We're always here for you. Nothing can get in the way of that," Amani kissed the top of her son's head.

August watched his sister then let go of her lantern. And then he too let it slip away. Their pair of lights sailed off, joining the lights of their parents, and spiritually connecting three generations of family among the constellations. Amani watched as they parted, wistful but content. For what they had lost, they had since gained so much. And now they could give their own children what they themselves had missed out on. It was a promise forged in fire now, after all.

They would always find their way home again.

And just like that, August eventually settled back into his jubilant rhythm, bouncing up and down in his sling for something new to take his attention. Amani chuckled, "Someone's enjoying himself down there," She brought her hands in, and lightly tickled him.

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png

After being set down, Valery groaned and leaned back to use his body for support. His arms were then quick to wrap around her waist, both to offer additional support and to tease her by making her feel like she was still a broken woman. She didn't mind the latter, and just smiled as his chin settled atop her head. He knew what this place meant to her, and understood how she felt about her parents as well after the visions they had seen together, and now that message.

They had loved her, and missed her every day she was out there with the Jedi.

"Thank you," she said softly to her husband before she lighted up her lantern and held it in front of her for a long moment. Even though it was just her husband with her, the one person in the Galaxy she trusted with everything, she still felt nervous about showing this side of herself. It wasn't something she felt she could do very often - she had to be strong for others instead.

"This is for you, mom and dad. I...wish I had gone back to see you both when I still could, but I know how much you two cared about me now. I've seen your message and been to our old home. I just... should have known earlier." She looked at her lantern with a sad smile and felt tears welling up in her eyes. "But I'm doing alright, and I have a family to be proud of now as well. I love them as much as you two loved me and I won't make the same mistakes with them. I promise." Her smile brightened and gently, she raised the lantern before releasing it over the lake.

"Thank you for all you've done for me. I love you both." She turned her eyes up to watch the lantern drift away, and brought her hands up to squeeze her husband's arm for some emotional support.

"Thank you for coming with me, love."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil listened in silence. Watched the moment, really. It wasn't his place to say anything, not for this. He held no love for his own parents, so he didn't understand too much on what Valery was feeling. Only what they shared through their bond. He smiled as he watched the lantern fly off, gave Valery a little squeeze around her waist. "I always will, you know. We're not going to be separated as much as physically possible. Though now we have these cute bracelets to help us feel even more together, mm?"

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png

Valery looked up into his eyes when he squeezed her wait, and smirked at his first comment before a more loving smile took over. "That makes me happy. I don't think I can handle being separated from you again." Perhaps that was her greatest weakness, but she had already gone through that pain twice, and technically a third time with her own capture, even though it was just a few days.

It was just too soul crushing to be away from her family against her will.

"I'm glad we have our bond, but these bracelets are very cute," she chuckled and slowly snaked her way around to stand face-to-face and just as close. Valery then raised herself on her tip toes and pressed a gentle kiss against his lips.

"Where to next?" She asked, but with a grin of mischief on her face
. "I'm also not walking anymore."

Kahlil_Div2.png

He leaned down, gently returning the kiss. Then unceremoniously just lifted her up into his arms again with a light chuckle. "I've no intention of making you walk again, don't worry." At all, if it was actually possible. Alas they had far too much to do for that to be a reality. Instead he just carried her along, his grin growing as he cast her a wink.

"Oh we're calling it a night for now. My fragile princess needs herself a massage and a rest."

His scrunched together, coming as one.

"Private sector," the Jedi muttered in response, a brief breath left to follow suit. "That isn't vague or even slightly foreboding at all, isn't it?"

The attitude came back to bite him. With glancing eyes set about, Corin was left unaware of the closing door. Turning back in time to meet a face full of it. The startled noise that came from him was unbecoming, only to let out a dull and forced hint of sarcastic laughter upon realisation.

"Very funny, Jem."

"But, uh, no. Only my own thing, whatever that tends to be these days." He breathed a sigh, "You, though? You being of any use in that private sector?"

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png

Valery laughed playfully and couldn't stop smiling when their kiss broke only for her to get lifted back up into his arms. At this point, she could easily walk back with him, but this was a lot more fun and he was definitely enjoying himself as well. So she just embraced the moment and looked up into his grin with her own.

The wink that followed said it all.

"A massage, hm? Alright, let's get back to our hotel, then." She grinned from ear to ear and held onto him as they made their way back.

Once more, Eshan would create important memories for her.

Vulpesen was far too focused on not colliding with the myriad of lanterns that drifted around them to notice the expression on Gweneth’s face. Distinctly aware of what they meant, he figured that it would be a poor showing of diplomacy to start knocking them out of the sky. Thus, her words came as a puzzling surprise which stopped him dead in the air.

His body leaned back and his wings beat in place while he used a bit of the force to sustain their altitude. For a moment, he stared down at her, bright golden eyes quizzically staring down at the girl in his arms. Then he let out a barking laugh, drifting down slightly as his focus wavered. “I’m sure you’re a lovely lass,” he finally said, rising once more as he gained a grip on his senses, “but you’re also young enough to be my granddaughter.” He drifted between a pair of lights and gently released Gweneth from his arms, using the force to float her about a foot in front of him. “Though I admit, I’ve aged very well.” A wry grin touched his lips at the small boast. Though such a feat wasn’t difficult when one’s species extended their age into millennia.

Vulpesen had heard tales of Zorrens, and had even met a few that had come to believe that age was truly just a number. They’d enjoy their dalliances with the shorter lived species, using their ageless wiles to bewitch and beguile. He was not yet at that point. Maybe he might have been if he hadn’t grown up human, but Vulpesen had been entering adulthood before he learned of his true heritage.

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

"Very funny, Jem."

She seemed to think so. She grinned as took a seat at the bar, gesturing over the waiter for... "Two pop?" They were old enough to drink now but the old order came out too easily. Jem wondered for a moment if he'd want something different, but she skipped over the thought.

She didn't like it.

"They seem to think so," she answered. "I got my own reasons to be there. You'd think they care about that but, as long as the job gets done." She shrugged noncommittally. In a way it was just as rough as the streets of Denon. All the agents and under the table politics-- you trusted no one and got only what you came for.

She didn't blame him for not sticking that closely to the order. She didn't get their habit of making friends.

"Have you... heard from..."

Him.

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

WmUQaeu.png

CZkMVgs.png[

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys

Minerva stepped calmly to the water's edge. Held in her left arm close to the chest were two lanterns. After that brief talk she had, the warrior decided to get these. Staring at her shadowy reflection in the water Minerva paused. Like many a Mandalorian she believed that those who lived and died by their code passed on to become part of Manda or the collective soul of their people in translation.

In her heart she believed it true for her adopted father. He would be disappointed if she used a lantern for him. She couldn't help but remember what Jorel once said to her as a child.

Fight with all your soul, live by honor and die being true to yourself. That is all I hope for you Ner Ad.

Indeed none of the lanterns were for him as it would've been his wish. Rather it was for others. Picking one she glanced at it somberly. Garvan and Lena Fhirdiad.

The birth parents she never knew.

For the longest time Minerva had found their existence to be quite conflicting in all honesty. As if it threatened her relationship with her adopted father and being a Mandalorian despite the latter's repeated insistence that it doesn't. Yet as he pointed out they gave life to her and loved her first even before she was born and wanted to raise their family together. Tragically they didn't get the chance but she survived and now tries to honor them in her own way.

The second lamp was for all those soldiers in the Alliance who had fought and died beside her over these past few years. Rhon, Suvit, Vir and Sergeant Sarid were among those names. She and them didn't always get along or understand one another; yet they accepted her as a comrade and she learned to do the same. She is indebted to these brave souls.

Sighing heavily as the light within the lamps continued to burn she knelt and placed them in the water. The lanterns started to float away.

"Ni su'cuyi, a ma waev cuyir kyrayc. Ni partayli an, gar darasuum." She chanted in Mando'a unashamedly.

Closing both eyes and she bowed her head in sombered tribute toward the water. Subsequently she got up and was walking away when she noticed the couple and their children.

Minerva raised an eyebrow in question before…

"Jedi Amani." She exclaimed before noticing the son in the Mirialian's arms again. Next glancing at the man beside Amani she quickly recognized Alicio of House Organa holding a little girl.

"Senator Organa." Minerva said in respectful greeting. Now that she saw him up close instead of the holonet boardcasts he seemed a lot more personable.

At the sight of the family she couldn't help smiling. Such a precious sight. Sure they only met once during work on Batuu but Minerva was still glad to see the Jedi and her children had a safe delivery.

As for Amani would recognize the Mandalorian's voice and her scarred face. Just in case the Jedi healer still had a hard time remembering Minerva cleared her throat and said.

"Been some time since that relief effort on Batuu.”

Last edited:

bwDBmbV.png

18jat7G.png
lily-div.png

Attire: Dress
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

"Oh well, we should change that! Perhaps Coruscant will have something more traditional for a Kel-Dor so that you can impress everyone with a fancy, yet traditional, appearance at the next gala?" Lily suggested, she had taken some other female Jedi shopping before and was happy to give Ko the same opportunity. "Turn some heads and get some attention from a pretty lady... Or guy! Or non-binary! Which is ever your preference lays." Lily was embarrassed she did the very heteronormative thing of just assuming Ko was straight with no evidence, something her aunt would not be impressed by.

Looking down at her dress, Lily smirked and spun it around a bit, "oh this? Yeah, my mother hoped to make me look attractive to potential suitors but I am just pleased it was a dress I approved of and not something hideously outdated." Lily giggled a little, "luckily, I have been able to avoid dealing with suitors by just claiming to be here to represent the Jedi and strengthen the Eshan and NJO bonds." It was a lie, something Lily was normally known for but it allowed her to escape much more awkward conversations she did not wish to have.

"It is nice, mother can be overbearing but being here is pleasant and staved the homesickness I was feeling. What have you thought about Eshan during your visit?" Lily asked, curious to hear her friend's take on her home world and to see if he believed her on what she had previously described.

Another Jedi joined the conversation and greeted Ko, Lily smiled politely, taking a step back. Allowing Ko to talk more with the Jedi Master.

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Objective: Enjoy the festivities
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

Untitled788_20230712011953.png
I'd regretted the words the moment they left my mouth, and now they were out there, I couldn't take them back. He made a joke of it of course, but I was so embarrassed now. "Well I guess you can just drop me now..." I laughed, part wishing the ground could swallow me up.

But for now I had other things to dwell upon. The beauty of these sky lanterns was wonderful and as I floated on the force I allowed my fingers to graze one as it drifted uoward to take the spirit contained within it up to the clouds. This one had words on it, written in a language I didn't understand beyond the name of the writer, Ckara. It made me think of home, and I was sad, I needed to soar right now. I glanced toward the ground, we were high and unilluminated, practically invisible. "Shut your eyes, then when I say, release me yeah?"

If he did as I asked I would quickly pull my dress over my head and hand it to him before turning my back to him again. "OK, now..." as the force whipped away from me I dropped several metres like a stone, I didn't turn to see if he had opened his eyes but all he would see was me falling in my underwear, then my body shifting into the form of a red feathered shriek hawk. My wings opened to catch me and I gained altitude until I was soaring with the balloons and gliding in and put of them at my leisure. It felt wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom