Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion [GA] Eshan's Summer Solstice

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Outfit: Dress
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond
Katherine didn’t say much as Shan explained, rather she just nodded her head as she listened. It reminded her that Lily had talked about the subject when asked about the Echani. That a big part of their culture involved expressing themselves through fighting one another.

It wasn’t the first time she had witnessed them sparring, and was never any less intense than the last. There always seemed to be a natural flow to how they fought one another, and she recalled her Master giving it a name at one point. But she couldn’t remember the name at that moment.

As she watched the sparring, Katherine felt her head throb painfully. She tried to focus, only for her mind to suddenly grow hazy. For the briefest of moments an image flashed before her, a memory. Three young girls standing back-to-back, a brunette, a blonde and a redhead. And a group of soldiers closing in around them.

The Padawan let out a quiet groan, rubbing her temple. Suspecting Shan had caught it, Katherine glanced over and shook her head. “It’s nothing,” she said quietly.

What the hell was that?

For the time being, Katherine pushed it aside as she listened to Shan’s experiences under the Nobles’ tutelage. “I’m much the same, when I first arrived I knew practically nothing about the Force, until Master Kahlil started teaching me. It’s been slow going, but it’s steady progress. And Master Valery? Well…” Her mind drifted for a moment, reminded of the day she met her. Getting caught red handed trying to tear out her feathers. Yeah, it hadn’t been the best first impression. “I could barely move around in a fight without toppling over because of my wings, she helped me find my balance.

Katherine just barely caught that look in Shan’s eyes, when he had tried to shift the conversation back to the celebration. She knew there were numerous battles going on in the galaxy, but she couldn’t quite shake the feeling she had seen that same look staring back at her in a mirror.

You were at Caldera too, weren’t you?” She asked, her voice soft and just quiet enough to not be overheard.

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble <3

She had him now, there was no-

Valery blinked when she felt his weight underneath her shift all of a sudden. He wasn't able to peel her off, but even with all of her weight locked around him, Kahlil managed to stand. She could feel his hands shifting to her thighs, and knew it was trouble, but also that it was too late. Her eyes widened as he slammed her into the ground, but rather than release him and give up, Valery stubbornly persisted and tightened her legs around his neck. She was really testing him with it at this point, but Kahlil wasn't stopping either.

He slammed her against the ground again, this time causing her head to snap against the dirt. It hurt and her groan made that obvious, but she still wasn't letting go. Not until he slammed her down a third time — she had lost all of her strength at this point, and both her legs slipped away, leaving him standing without his wife around his neck.

Valery was on her back, her chest heaving and her eyes closed as she bit through the pain.

"Y-you w-win..." she said, the corners of her lips tugging up into a grin. Her body was bruised and beaten, her dress was ripped, but she loved every second of it.

"Can you help me up, babe?" she asked with a chuckle that sent a shiver of pain through her ribs. "O-ow."

Last edited:
Shan did catch the groan coming from Katherine, and frowned even as she said it was nothing. Whilst he wasn't going to pry, that didn't mean he was going to just leave it there, as he rummaged around in his pockets to pull out a container of water to hold out to her. "...Drink. Water always makes my head feel better." Whilst it possibly wasn't even a headache, he thought the kindness would help at least as he listened to Katherine talk about Kahlil and Valery.

"Oh. The pair of them have helped me with more than I could ever explain. Before I met Master Kahlil, I refused to use my lightsaber. The idea of using it as a weapon just seemed...disgusting to me. Using anything as a weapon felt wrong to me..." Whilst Shan was grateful that he was now willing to fight to save people...Part of him still wondered if it was right as the Mirialan absent-mindly started to fiddle with his hands, rubbing his thumbs over his fingers just to keep his hands busy whilst he thought about things. "But the pair of them also support my pacifist views, at least more than my parents back on Nar Shaddaa did..."

His mind went back to those days he'd come back home to his parents, beaten up and limping. It wasn't like he could blame them for not supporting him. In their eyes, they probably saw it as Shan willingly letting himself get attacked to protect others since...well, that's what it had been. He had always been more focused on treating other people than himself. But it was also part of what he liked about being a Jedi. He could defend himself and others now, without having to choose one or the other. Not to say there won't come a day that he will have to decide. He probably will eventually, and part of him was afraid of the fact that he didn't know what he'd choose.

And whilst he was trying to keep that fear at bay, the moment Katherine asked if Shan had been at Caldera as well, his eyes went wide whilst his breath seemed to get stuck in his throat. There were a few stray coughs before Shan managed to reply, clearing his throat slightly.
"Heh...What gave it away?" He gave a half hearted smile towards Katherine, even though it wasn't quite meeting his eyes. There was a part of him that already knew what gave it away, considering Katherine asking if he had been there "too". She had been there as well. He wondered what she had experienced on that planet, during that battle but he knew better than to ask her out in the open.

"I...Whilst I was there, someone tried to break my mind. They wanted me to suffer. Turned the refugee woman I was trying to save against me and I had to knock her out..." Shan stared down at his hands, which were still fiddling away with each other as he thought about the moment. He justified it at the moment, but now that he had more time to think about it, was what he had done the right choice? Could he have figured out something else to do? Either way, he shook his head, just looking back over towards Katherine. "It's why Master Valery's lessons came in so important. But you know what makes it amusing? I still feel sorry for the Sith who did it. She couldn't be that much older than you or me...And I'm a naïve person, but I like to think there's some good in her. It's just surrounded by so much pain, darkness and cold..."

The Padawan rummaged around in the pocket of his robes once more, pulling out one of the
charms he had bought. "It's...why I've bought this. To try and give one to her. They're meant to be warm if both people wearing them are alive right? So I hope it would help...give her some warmth to try and combat the cold. I know it's a stupid thought but well...I've never been a smart person." That was a lie. Shan was usually smart, when it came to educational things. When it came to healing people or treating them. But when it came to people? He just always liked to think of the best in them. "Heh...Sorry. I started rambling, didn't I?"

Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

"You look famished. Is there not enough at Denon? Perhaps we arrange a trade deal. To help."

At that exact moment, Balthus began to choke on a crab cake that had been drenched in a savory, decadent sauce. The Senator thumped his fist against his chest, straining into a ragged cough as he dislodged the stray morsel from his windpipe.

With a hand bedecked in all manner of expensive rings, he waved off the bodyguard who'd drifted in behind him to help.

"I appreciate your concern, ma'am, but Denon is doing just fine. I personally sample some of the more luxurious foodstuffs we import.”

Clearly, she was playing hard to get. Larr was playing hard to like.

"Your people farm as well? Forgive me, I thought the Echani were known for their combat ability. Historically, at least.”

He wouldn't mind procuring a few striking, snowy haired female bodyguards, though. Balthus entertained that thought with an almost lecherous grin while stroking his chin.

"Good to see that your recent troubles haven't affected the soil."

Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin

Last edited:
"And Denon is known for its tech. Are you expected to eat your hardware too?"

"Huh?"

Balthus blinked. The Queen's comparison, clever as it was, had sailed directly over his head. He wasn't the most cerebral fellow.

"Oh. Ohh." Grinning, he tapped at his temple. "I gotcha. This is that, uh, pregnancy brain right?"

He gestured towards the swell of her stomach. He couldn't exactly blame her for not making any sense, especially when her brain was obviously scrambled by the baby and the hormones and whatnot.

Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Objective: Enjoy the festivities
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

Untitled788_20230712011953.png
I was quite pleased that Vulpesen Vulpesen took my offered food,we could both risk the sugars together. "I've never been tought as a Jedi, so I would have no comparison, but I will meditate. I wonder what element a flightly shape shifter might find in her core?" I shrugged and laughed before noticing his disappointment in lack of wine right now. Glancing around there were plenty of options here.

"Hmm... shall we replace that? I have meditated on the matter and believe the solution would be found in that large black cauldron yonder" I glanced over his shoulder at an echani woman throwing all manner of spices and herbs into a large black heated vessel, then ladeling the darkened fluid into flagons for all to enjoy. I went over and took one to taste, the woman said something in her native language that I didnt understand and I smiled.

It tasted like witchcraft, so i picked up another and handed it to the professor. "I think your niece might approve of this" I handed the man a drink and took another taste. "To the wilders" I toasted him, perhaps I was overly familiar, but what did it really matter.​

"Do you want one?" she asked, tilting her head.

K1 looked down at the sparkler, metal dome cocking slightly to the side in curiosity. The 7 foot tall droid then knelt down to Loomi's height, gingerly taking the sparkler between two digits. "...Thank you." He bowed his head to her in thanks, though his confusion resurfaced when Braze came and lit it.

"What... What is this miniature flame thrower...?" He hummed curiously, ocular sensors flickering for a few moments before he leaned in close to examine it. He watched it until it went out, mechanics whirring in curiosity as he pondered it. Then something caught his eye. Aliris smiling at her own sparkler.

K1 felt relieved. After everything that had happened he just wanted her to be happy. Seems she was well on the way to that.

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Loomi Loomi Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Loomi Loomi K1[_ _] K1[_ _]
XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

alexboarder.png
Braze's eyes twinkled with excitement as he watched the others marvel at the sparklers in their hands. With a playful smile, he decided to take charge and demonstrate how they worked. He lit one of the sparklers, the dazzling light dancing in his eyes, and showed them how they could light others by touching the sparklers together, a lit one to a non lit one. He then handed each of them another set of sparklers, ensuring everyone had their own share of the enchanting spectacle.

"Now, watch closely; there's a trick you can do!" Braze exclaimed with a sense of wonder. With a swift wave of his hand, he moved the sparkler in graceful motions, creating shimmering trails of light in the air. "See? You can make shapes, like hearts, or even write your names if you're quick enough."

As they held their sparklers, Braze took a step back. With a mischievous grin, he pulled out his com device, ready to capture this magical moment. "Smile!" he called out, his voice filled with playful excitement. He aimed the device and pressed the button, freezing the scene in a photograph, forever preserving the moment shared under the glow of the sparklers.

"They are called sparklers and are not miniature flame throwers. They are like fireworks- They are symbols of celebration and happiness, a way to illuminate the darkness and create fleeting moments of joy. Some fireworks that fill the sky can look like amazing flowers made from fire- especially in the night sky. "
He explained.

Companion: pip
Tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Ryana sat there and listened to Minerva she knew that they where going to have a hard time getting along mando and Jedi with a raccoon. It sounded like a bad joke in honest but Minerva looked like she needed someone. "He definitely is generous almost uncharacteristically so" she said as pip stuck his tongue out at her.

She watched Minerva with pip it was sweet how he noticed she needed affection or at least he thought she did or he just wanted affection she wasn't completely sure he was a mischievous little fuzzball and too smart for his and ryanas own good most of the time.

"I know the mandalorians and the Jedi haven't always gotten along but if it means anything this Jedi is glad you chose to side with us we'll need all the help we can get against the sith" she said the young lethan twi'lek said sitting there. She wasn't sure how Minerva would take that or how much it would mean but she meant it.

She had heard about what happened to the wookies she was unable to help in any meaningful way "all those things your father taught you are amazing things to have even if their not shared among other mandalorians" she said she was new to the whole trying to help people thing. She was trying though "I heard about kashyyk I wish I could have helped but I would have been a hindrance I'm sorry you had to go through that" ryana said sitting there she used the force to radiate a sense of calm and ease around herself and Minerva.

Pip looked up at Minerva and began giving her kisses trying to cheer her up ryana waited to see how Minerva reacted before she stopped him or not.

"Eep!"

Loomi was caught off guard by the brief flash that occurred when the picture was taken. Ultimately her image would be rather unflattering, something that was between shock, confusion, and perhaps even a little stomach discomfort. This was to be expected of course. It was the first time a photo had ever been taken of the Godoan. She didn't fully understand what had just occurred.

"W-what happened?" Loomi asked, though she very quickly became embarrassed. "Golly, I-I don't think I smiled. I-I didn't ruin the thing, did I?"

She'd hate to have messed everything up when they were having so much fun.

"Try air," the wilder suggested. "Formless and free. Sounds perfect if you ask me. I personally found it quite useful in my own endeavors. Vong and other enemies can often resist the force, or simply not feel it. The wind however, can be far harder to ignore. A proper tornado or gale can throw even the toughest of opponents off their balance."

Gweneth's initiative in providing a replacement for Vulpesen's empty drink quickly solidified him as one of his favorite students, even if it had only been for a single class so far. Gratefully accepting the drink, he raised it to her toast. "And open minded jedi," he added before gulping down a fair portion of the brew. Dreidi's tastes were still unfamiliar to him, the pair being little more than strangers with a common blood. But he figured he could see what the changeling was getting at. It had a raw unfiltered taste that reminded him of quite a few local hooches he had sampled in his days marching for the republic.

"Don't let the jedi define you,"
he said after a moment of simple quiet enjoyment. "It was my mistake. Their hearts are in the right place, and its an easy place to make a name for yourself. But remember that there are hundreds of force traditions across the galaxy. Baran do. Matukai. Wilders. Learn what you can from all of them. Even the sith had lessons that I think were worth learning." His brows screwed together as he listened to his own last words. "But be careful with that one. There's a line between personal passion and selfishness, and some lesson's aren't worth the cost of tuition." It ocured to him then that his words might have seemed indelicate or unsavory to his newfound allies in the galactic alliance, thus he was quick to add to his warning. "But by all means, stay in the order. Your masters are wise. Wiser it seems than many of my own. If I had joined under the Alliance, maybe I'd have come back to the jedi."

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png
"You've never been much of a sunshine, yourself." He allowed for a brief smirk to creep across his mouth, grasping at his calloused palm.

Though that almost seemed a lie to say now. The daughter of the Sith Lord appeared to be someone else, someone she left behind and for the better. That remnant of the name Fossk was something else now, Corin figured, seeing now that Jem was near-on someone entirely new. If not for that same disgruntled expression that lined her face, if only something saved for himself.

"Just came to see some lights, then?"

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out an exhausted sigh. No, not an exhausted one. He tried to play that off but in reality he was trying to gulp back down the air he'd been denied by her chokehold. Then he laughed. He won, if barely. If he didn't have the freedom to keep moving, she certainly would've won the moment she caught him. He doubted he'd be able to fight her off like that again if she tried it. He got up though, reaching down to casually pluck Valery up in his arms with a very, very teasing smirk.

"My poor fragile princess, was I too rough?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

WmUQaeu.png

CZkMVgs.png[

Tag: Ryana mina Ryana mina

Minerva said nothing at first, feeling the ease that Ryana was sending. She only kept petting Pip's fur and accepted his kisses without protest. Truth be told, the warrior wasn't offended by Ryana's words. Rather she is reflecting on how life took her to this point. Subsequently when Pip stopped she remarked.

"I was there, visiting an old friend and his family. We were catching up when they came. The Wookiees have never wronged or betrayed us like so many Aruetii did, yet those zealots didn't hesitate to slaughter, warriors and innocents alike and burn homes and aid Transdosen raiders in their sick hunts."

With a momentary pause Minerva glanced back at Ryana with a somber expression.

"That day a choice was made. An immensely difficult one. I fought and killed those whom I once considered brethren to defend others. However, Kashyyyk was still sacked."

Deep in her soul Minerva knew there will be consequences for her actions but as a Mandalorian she accepted the challenges to come whatever they be. All the same it didn't lighten the loneliness entrenched in her heart. Will it never end? In spite of all that, Minerva then looked down at Pip with gratitude.

Desiring pity was not a Mandalorian value but company shared in joy and sorrow should be welcomed in her opinion as is now. Then her eyes widened as Pip sent a vision into her mind.

First there were twin human boys with matching short brown hairs and eyes no more than nine years old. They looked up in curiosity. Then next was a girl human as well of black curly hair with two red painted strands on each side. She seemed to be around seven years at least with a mischievous and confident glint. Another followed, a yellowish green skinned Mirialan girl with greenish hair around twelve or thirteen and had a thoughtful expression toward.

Then finally a Kenari male of raven hair, dark features and gray eyes and his posture was fierce, proud yet hinted at devotion. His age was hard to tell other than late teens. Soon the vision showed them all together staring back at her waiting. She had never seen them before yet they felt so familiar. Before Minerva could open her mouth to speak the vision vanished in the blink of an eye.

Shaking her head she was now back in reality and saw only Pip. Already those faces became blurred but not forgotten. Attention back to the Racyon she fought back tears of joy and muttered.

"Thank you Pip.”

Getting a hold of herself Minerva gave Pip back to Ryana.

"This has been interesting but I must take leave now. Enjoy yourselves Ryana and you too little one."

Stepping up she departed from the bench, walking on the pathway. Even though the grief and uncertainty was still strong her hope was rekindled. Somewhere out there even though it isn’t not set in stone was a future worth fighting and even dying for whatever it be.

Last edited:

GADividerWhite.png

Make shapes, huh? Aliris started flicking around the sparkler to draw random shapes with a faint smile. One that grew no less. It was such a simple thing, but one she couldn't help but just find so enthralling. There was no thinking involved, just pure, simple fun. Childish fun. That had her laugh, especially as she looked over to see Loomi freak out about the picture and Braze have to explain to poor K1 that it was, in fact, not a weapon.

It was all just.. Silly. Aliris ended up laughing, giggling like crazy as she shook her head.

"You all are just, silly!"

Loomi Loomi | K1[_ _] K1[_ _] | Braze Braze

"Thelma," Master Koschei said, his deep voice cutting through the background noise of the market. "You should give it a rest. Go and enjoy yourself."

Her head bowed over her work, Thelma didn't seem to hear him. Just like during her last visit to Eshan, she was offering her services as a seamstress to those attending the festival. "I don't enjoy being idle," she finally replied, her fingers darting as she pushed a needle through fabric. A small crowd had gathered to watch her skilled handiwork. Her hands were always moving these days; she was perpetually toiling away at some project or another.

Master Koschei was worried about her, she knew. But she didn't know what to do with herself when she wasn't sewing. Too many of her friends and loved ones had gone away. All that she had was her work.

Her datapad chirped. By now used to ignoring calls and messages, she didn't answer. It continued to make noise until her master finally picked it up just to make it stop. He studied the screen, his eyebrows rising. "Thelma."

Again she didn't seem to hear him.

"Thelma," he repeated.

"What is it, master?" she asked without looking up.

Master Koschei increased the volume and turned the screen around to face her. Hearing a familiar voice, Thelma finally began to lift her head, her eyes wide. Her lips parted in surprise, then as she listened to the message, her face lit up. "I'm already here, Silas," she said. Seizing the datapad in both hands, she kissed the screen. "I'll come to you right away!"

And just like that, she was on her feet and pushing through the crowds. Master Koschei smiled to himself, then began shooing away the would-be customers clustered around the booth. "Show's over. Come back later."

Over the cobblestones Thelma ran. Her feet splashed in puddles of summer rain from the night before, soaking her shoes and splattering her skirt, but she didn't mind. All she could think about Silas. Yet when she spotted him, she paused. His back was to her as he watched the Nobles dance and spar, so she had a moment or two to observe him before he saw her. He looked a little bit different. She supposed they both had changed, growing older, though it often felt to her as if time was standing still until his return. And now he was here, and she had waited so long for this moment, it was almost terrifying.

She approached him slowly at first, then closed the distance in a sudden swift burst of movement, throwing her arms around him.

bwDBmbV.png

He wandered around, and was handed a glass of champagne by a passing waiter. He didn't hate the taste, or like the taste even, but it felt appropriate to drink at an event such as this.

But, as a Jedi, he tried to avoid drinking himself into a stupor. It was rather unbecoming.

His eyes lingered over the architecture, the beauty. The pageantry of his people. Or at least- part of his people. A ghost was all that he had to imagine of his mother. No name, nothing but a meaningless tryst between her and the Wolf of Mandalore, Preliat Mantis Preliat Mantis . And left abandoned, never known to his father. Born into slavery, and born to nothing but hate until he came to the Jedi.

He took a seat on a nearby bench, a sadness washing over him.

Despite the blood that ran through his veins, these were not his people. Hell- even the Jedi were barely his people. Thal felt many things in his time alive, but moreover he felt the overbearing sense of un-belonging. He was not a Mandalorian like his father, he was not a Echani like his mother. He was a slave, forced to fight for the amusement of others. He was given an identity, and had yet to find his own. The Jedi felt right, at least.

He held his drink in both of his hands, leaning forward, watching the palace-goers dance, converse, and be merry. He took another swig of his drink. He did not belong to the Echani, that much was obvious. He moved like a predator, and thought like one. He wasn't graceful, he didn't dance. He didn't move in the gliding motion that they all did.

So why did he want to?

His brooding was interrupted by a voice, spoken to him. She was chewing on something. A question, words. He had to process them for a moment- despite being a fluent speaker now, Huttese and Bocce were his first languages- and thus anything spoken in Basic had to be processed for a moment, before he replied. He had an accent, as most did when speaking Basic when it wasn't their own tongue.

"N-No. I haven't. I'm not particularly hungry."

It was at the moment that he couldn't speak Thyrsian either. Thyrsian was not a language he had ever come across. His own language, supposedly. Or at least, part of it. His eyes cast downward from her, sitting, rather slumping on the bench. Despite the festivities, Thal could not feel more gloom if he tried. He did not, however, forget his manners.

"I am Thal, with the Jedi."

Last edited:

The palace was admittedly spectacular, especially now that it was decked out for a party. Kass had been to many a diplomatic meeting, but she wasn't often invited to balls. She found herself dazzled by the sight of people dancing, the full skirts of the women swirling across the floor. Or were they fighting? Some of the dances seemed to resemble martial arts rather than waltzes.

"Look, there's the queen," Oukranos remarked, pointing toward a woman surrounded by a retinue of bodyguards and courtiers. Not even Kass could tell the Echani apart physically, but this woman was wearing a tiara. On most worlds, that meant a person was royalty.

"Wow," Kass murmured, her pseudopods curling against Oukranos' side. "Well, she's talking to someone else right now, so I'm afraid we won't be able to plead our case about bracelets for people who don't have wrists."

"Pity. She looks like she could use a rescue from that slimeball." But Oukranos shrugged and wrapped an arm around her. "All right, my curiosity is satisfied. What about you?"

"I believe the food is free," she said. "While we're here, we might as well..."

"I like the way you think."

After paying a visit to the serving tables, Kass and Oukranos passed by a certain Kel Dor dressed in Jedi robes. "Oh—I've seen you around the Jedi Temple, haven't I?" Kass remarked, pausing to address Ko Vuto Ko Vuto . "I don't believe we've met before, though. I am Master Kassogtha Cthylla, the Head Librarian of the Jedi Order. And this is my husband, Master Oukranos."

Oukranos, who was in the middle of eating when he was thrust into the conversation, nodded vaguely.

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble <3

Valery was still catching her breath when she felt two arms slipping underneath her to effortlessly pick her up. She slowly opened one eye and looked straight into the very, very smug grin of her husband, who was enjoying himself a little too much. It made her groan again while she tried to hide her amusement, but his comment finally made a chuckle slip away from her.

"You..." She said while she held her side as laughing caused her more pain. "...got lucky." She opened her other eye and looked at him with a smug grin of her own this time. She had been so close to beating him in her dress, in possibly the most entertaining way as well, but it was never easy maintaining an advantage over him.

"Come here," Valery then added before she pulled herself up and pressed her lips against his for a longer, but gentle kiss. Exposing emotion was something she was pretty good, it seemed. "You owe me a good dinner for hurting me," she grinned, ignoring the fact she had tried to choke him out.

Valery then smiled and relaxed in his arms, "So, still feel like making a quick trip to the lake?" It's where a lot had happened for her, but heading back to their hotel didn't sound bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom