Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Crooks of a Feather... - Darkwire Dominion of Wann Tsir

OBJECTIVE: 2
"Feirfek, one of our boarding parties went unconscious from a Null Burst. We need more bodies! I'm going in, any of you are free to follow. Those who stay, keep those weapons disabling their systems, and once we're aboard, bugger out of here until you're signaled back! Understood?" Cassus shouted to Cato Fett and Saija Kwann.

Staggering slightly, I try to grab a section of wall while enemy fire begins pounding the ship. While the bridge crew answers back with weapons of their own, Cassus gives the signal to disembark and I follow him along with the Mandalorian. We head to the boarding craft and I take up a spot inside next to one of the viewports. I strap in and find something to hold onto, it was going to be a very fast and bumpy ride...

Last edited:
"There's a lot of ways to explain it," Zlova replied to Talohn's description of speeding up his perception or knowing how to evade injury, "that one is good enough. If everything is made of The Force then there's bound to be a 'rhythm' or a pattern or what some might call a Will." A smile spread across her lips for a moment. "You could spend time understanding where Force abilities come from to understand it better, but I think you have enough on your plate as it is."

Not that it meant the man shouldn't ask questions. He was understandably interested in the Madlad situation. "Droids are no different than Organics, Talohn." Common misconception since most described it as affecting 'living things' with only lifting rocks meant for the inanimate. "There is malevolent power that would posses a rock if that rock had the ability to move or interact with the world. The thing that sets Droids and other inanimate objects apart is their lack of a brain or spirit that Force Adepts can alter or read. They lack a presence, but not an existence. Someone such as myself wouldn't see them coming as easily as a person with malicious intent, but if you pay close enough attention to your surroundings droids aren't invisible."

The Twi'lek looked up at Talohn with a smile on her lips. Yes, she was pretty. That's how she lured her prey into the web so easily. Surely someone so pretty -- even if they were a Sith -- couldn't be that strong. "Thank you, Talohn. It's because of handsome men like yourself I have nothing to scowl about."

"I am its favorite person,"
she corrected after a moment. "A street thief would occupy a nanosecond of its time. I, however, have taken up at least a full second. There must be at least a hundred different ways it plans to kill me drawn up by now." Zlova smiled with that declaration. To be ignored was perhaps the worst insult you could bestow on a warrior -- 'not worth my time.' The Lethan was worth Madlad's time both because she was a capable warrior, but also because of just how close she was to both the organics it cared for in some capacity.

A chuckle then followed matters concerning Madlad as a template. "It won't be 'some politicians.' Just one ambitious, power-hungry, or cunning Sith Lord. Such droids might be used for the Empire, but they would always answer to one Lord -- and that Lord would dangle it before the rest in exchange for influence and control over their peers. Perhaps even in a bid to join the Dark Council." The red woman looked up and around at the Cathar's face. "Be careful, Talohn. Not all Sith Lords think lightning and torture are the best ways to extract information. Some of them are like me. Pretty, patient, and... Well, The Force is with you, Talohn Atar, because to the Empire I'm already dead." Zlova reached up to trace his lower lip with the tip of her finger. "You're the only one I need to impress any more."

"Oh?"
Talohn was going to keep an eye out for holocrons was he? "I would like that."

With the softest of sighs the Lethan accepted the breadstick. Her eyes widened a bit and her lekku shifted at the surprise poking of her nose. Talohn was certainly one of the more engaging people she'd ever been this close to before. "The stranger the better. No point going through life anticipating everything." Curiosities were enjoyable. Right up to the one that killed you.

Slowly Zlova leaned in to take a bit of the cinnamon breadstick. Its soft crunch was delightful, and the flavor was... unique. Zlova could tell already her companion now had a dangerous sweet tooth, and she would need to be careful she didn't turn into one of those plump Twi'lek. Not that it should be difficult considering her excessively active lifestyle, but Talohn would probably feed her sweets one day to the next out of... did he adore her? He really knew how to unsettle a woman that'd been betrayed before didn't he.

"It's... delightful." The smile returned for a moment. "You're going to make it impossible for me to introduce you to exotic foods I know about. They won't live up to how invigorating yours are." Certainly not the bitter ones. Perhaps spicy? There were spicy dishes she could use. Never see a Cathar with its tongue on fire before. Might be amusing, and the other two would likely agree.

Tag: Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Sutaz continues following along behind her new younger companion. "Yes, those friends, though I don't think this is the time or place to discuss that. We can find a discreet place, maybe some sort of diner? Get ourselves some lunch and talk about it then. How's that sound?" She questions, speeding up her pace so that she's walking beside Daiya. She giggles at how Daiya is nervous, waving a hand dismissively. "You don't have to worry about a list, I've just....My preference is to always have a plan. But not everyone works that way. I envy people who can plan on the fly without coming up with anything beforehand.

She follows Daiya, unaware of where they're going at the moment, though a slight frown graces her features, her head of tentacle hair rustling a bit as she realizes they're at the wharfs and docking zones. She had more shopping to do, why were they here? Didn't Daiya have more shopping to do? They were on a limited timeframe. Her eyes gaze around, looking for some reason they'd be here. Due to her gaze wandering, she's looking away when he hears Daiya's noises of dismay. Sisterly instinct activating, she instantly turns about to look upon the possible threat, and her lips curl into a snarl. She did not want to see that nor did she need to.

As Daiya covers her eyes, Sutaz's hand does the same, putting a hand over the girl's eyes as she stands in front of her, black eyes somehow burning with annoyance and disgust. Another tell of her emotion is the way the tentacles that are her hair start squirming, emitting agitated mechanical noises. It's then that they would all be witness to the fact that the entire back of Sutaz's head, every tentacle included...It's all mechanical. Cybernetics. "You're where Daiya has to offload some stuff, right? You understand your state of attire in front of a minor, right? Please....for the love of the galaxy, FIX IT." She hisses. "You better at least have some pants on when we come back or there will be hell to pay." Sutaz had already rented a ship of her own, and she would be happy to share with Daiya should this Ithorian prove to be a problem.

With that sorted, she quickly turns Daiya around to face away from the Ithorian if she hasn't already. "Ok, so uh. Here is the plan. How about we go to get some food....and come back when things are more sorted. Alright? I know a good burger place." She smiles, trying to make the situation easier.

Daiya Daiya

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Mild exhibitionism in front of hardened spacers was one thing. Being interrupted by a kid and her...babysitter?...was something else. Jerec turned bright green, cussed the air blue, and scrambled back into his paisley swimming trunks.

"Yes," he said, aiming for dignity. "This is the place. Uh, offload right in there."

He gestured at the Infinity's Free's cavernous hold, which was beginning to stack up with such cargoes as could be acquired on Wann Tsir.

"I'm Jerec Asyr, yeah," he added belatedly. "Would it help if-"

No, it wouldn't. He kept his mouth shut and gestured again, vaguely, at the cargo hold.

"Just, uh, do your thing. My ship leaves for Denon as soon as a couple more shoppers show up. She's got a point-five hyperdrive, blistering quick, and then folks are standing by to sell sell sell."

Daiya Daiya Shot Sutaz Shot Sutaz

OBJECTIVE 1
Tags: Shot Sutaz Shot Sutaz Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

slQCnMc.png

The teen couldn't help but let out a giggle as the blustering —and green?— Ithorian bumbled around the awkward moment, and suddenly it didn't seem so tense anymore. She pulled the Nautolan's hand away from her eyes, a little irritated by the woman's sudden presumption about her innocence. Daiya wasn't a youngling, she didn't need protection. It's not like a naked Ithorian was the worst she might ever expect to see on a pirate world, after all.

Still, it's not like anything really wrong had happened. So the girl simply shrugged and waved off the woman's offer of lunch. "The plan is to shop as fast as we can, Shot." She didn't reserve much in the way of sarcasm in her tone, feeling a return of the bravado that Phillippe-Naros had rubbed off on her ealier. "Ever hear of 'fortune falls from the sky?' Well, the Corpos keep a pretty tight grip up there, so we gotta take advantage when we can."

Daiya left the Nautolan to retrieve her shopping bags, and then beckoned to the courier to finish their business. The delivery of Tanuki Droids had her already brimming with excitement, she was eager to see the kinds of havoc the rodent automatons could wreak. "Well, you could make it up to me..." Daiya told the very-much-Jerec-Asyr Ithorian with a sly grin, leaning on the embarrassment from earlier to exact a favor. "Find someone to sell these to who will lose them on the streets. Someone irresponsible, like maybe a kid of some Corpo, with more vouchers than sense yaknow?"

That was all there was too it, and then Daiya was back to work on loading up her haul onto the fast ship. She didn't notice if Shot managed to unload her own goods, there was surely space for all the extra droids the Nautolan had purchased too. The girl wasn't too sure what to think of the woman so far, her first impressions had been disrupted enough that she couldn't really get a good read on her purple-skinned companion for the day. If she really wanted to meet others in Darkwire, Shot was going to have to impress Daiya first. And that meant not treating her like a little girl.

Daiya pulled the woman aside once she had secured all the rest of her purchases on the freighter. Minus one, anyway, a pair of sunglasses that had caught her eye. Now she pulled them off her face, slipping them over her ears to rest on top of her head for a moment. "Listen, if you want to meet my friends, you're going to have to learn something about us. We can all take care of ourselves, like, I've been doing it for half my life now."

It was hard to tell how old Shot was. Her Nautolan skin was tight and smooth, not loose like an older Human's, but Daiya had never been around aging aquatic types. Did they even wrinkle? Did their tentacles go grey? For all she knew, Shot could be fifteen or fifty. The teen had no way of knowing if half of her own life, that was seven years or so, was even a blip on the woman's radar. "That's a must," the girl went on, not really caring if it had the right impact or not. "'cause none of us can afford not to. Maybe where you come from, you get someone to protect you and take care of you, but this isn't the Core Worlds and I'm not wealthy. You can't baby anyone out here like that, that's how they wind up getting hurt or killed."

The girl took a deep breath, and blew it out. "Okay, now how about the arms dealers next?"

Talohn nods in agreement. There were many ways to describe the force, it wasn't easy to identify it with just one thing. "I'll find time to learn someday, but my life is full as it is. Y'know? My meditation and study time would be taken up by Monari. I'll look into the force more when she's able to be more independent." He chuckles. "For now, slugthrowers will do just fine."

He tilts his head in curiosity once again. "Madlad shows no signs of possession....Not that I've noticed. I would have sensed it. I did notice though, last time he had a lightsaber he uh...." He took in a breath. "Madlad used form seven.... Which was...odd. Not the force part of it, but I recognized the sword style from some holovids I watched. I did a big study of the universe's sword fighting styles after I left Cathar. Wanted to build upon my warrior training." The cathar can swordfight? He defaults to a blaster. Perhaps she should ask for a friendly spar sometime, if sith know what that is. He turns to face her as she goes into how sith get information, and he can't help but smile a bit as she puts a finger to his lips. "I'm the only one you need to impress? Careful, one might think you're employing flattery, Zlova Rue." He teases, hand resting on her cheek as she brushes his lower lip.

"Luckily, flattery gets you holocrons in this case." He winks. He'd totally kiss her right now, but he doesn't know what she wants her public image to be...and it would be slightly rude to do that without her consent in public.

He waits eagerly for her to try the churro, a happy grin on his face, He likes seeing Zlova enjoy things. Adore was certainly a strong word, but he did enjoy the time he spends with her. She was adventurous, unpredictable, so full of life despite being a bringer of death. When she brings up exotic foods, he decides to give her a push in the right direction. "I myself really enjoy any form of curry that doesn't have vegetables."

With their business at the cart concluded, he offers her his arm. "I know a place around here. You might like it. Might have stuff that's up your alley." When she takes her arm, he leads her along down the street, towards a shop that...seems to be a pawn shop of some sort. Judging by the sign.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Last edited:

Clang. Clang.

Echo tapped on the chassis of a deactivated droid outside of a shop. Did the owner turn them off? Seemed awfully rude. Maybe they hadn't recharged their power source. Neglectful. These were the fears a humble droid like itself had to contend with. Since the Creator was gone, the miniature tank-like courier had to keep credits flowing and a stable power tap in reach; otherwise it could end up like that with no one to save it. Did this one in front of the shop need saving?

Slowly the six-legged droid slid into view of the shop's interior and the other droids lined up within. Seemed most of them had power. Owner couldn't be completely neglectful then. Probably couldn't sell the droids if they weren't turned on to demonstrate their quality.

Curious, one of Echo's domes lined up with a holo-recorder watching the interior of the store. A quick slice of the system -- vendor default password, really? -- and Echo could check the recorded footage for signs of droid abuse! Hey, wait a second...

While its chassis idly drifted outside, a dedicated process was launched to investigate some unusual communication traffic in the area. Every now and then there'd be something sent across. Surprisingly good encryption too. Not any rando worried their affair would be uncovered -- Echo already decrypted two of those communications already. Not military either; they had a way about their comm chatter. Echo captured a stream of data for examination over time to see if it could be decrypted. Nothing wrong with finding a puzzle to keep the processors in shape!

Primary focus on the shop again, Echo's forward dome rolled about to focus on the Owner or its Clerk. Apparently a droid of Echo's unique construction loitering around outside hadn't gone unnoticed. Well, only one thing to do then. One of Echo's arms lifted up and swung side to side in a wave, of course.

Tag: Open

When Daiya says they have to keep shopping, Sutaz shrugs. "I'll sate my hunger later...then." The Nautolan then moves on to begin loading the shopping bags while Daiya talks to the nude ithorian. Sutaz does the best she can not to look. The one time she sees someone nude on a beach and it's not eye candy. That part was upsetting in of itself. The droids had indeed been delivered, though they were being saved for the other ship Sutaz hired, where there was plenty of room. Thus, they'd been sent elsewhere.

After loading all the goods, she turns about to begin leading the way to her next location, and Daiya suddenly pulls her side. It seems a talk was in order. The nautolan's black eyes meet Daiya's gaze as the sunglasses are pulled up, and she purses her llips in concern as the girl gives her a runthrough on how things were. After Daiya finishes...she stutters a few times, trying to formulate words.

"I uh...I..." She looks down. "I'm sorry. I didn't meant to...I should have considered..." She takes a deep breath. "It was my first instinct. I should....I should tell you the truth." Even if it would likely ruin her chances of meeting Daiya's friends. "I was.....have you ever heard of the disaffected youth program? I was one of it's subjects....I was picked up by them at 14...4 years ago to be exact. I jumped at the chance, since I was an orphan on the streets before that." It's hard to read the emotion within eyes that don't have pupils, but she looks sad, so sad.

"There were other kids there with me...Younger than me, and while the corpos used us to do their work, they sure as hell weren't there for us. We had to be there for eachother, we were all we had in an unforgiving world without parents or caretakers. Only cold corporate bedrooms and no pay. Point is...I...acted out of instinct back there because while your friends could fend for themselves, my people back when I were with them needed to fend for eachother."

She then holds up a finger. "I'd like you to know I left the program about a year and a half back....Well, I was more of kicked out." She trembles a bit, remembering that day. "They sent me out on a mission. It went bad. Really....bad." She rolls up her sleeve, revealing lines across her arm, machinery plates. Her tentacle hair starts moving, the tendrils also covered in lines, meaning there's mechanical plates under the artificial skin, just like Sutaz's arm. "My legs...arms...the back half of my head? None of it real. I'm more machine than fish, But I'm not here for a sob story, don't misunderstand me there." She crosses her arms, her purple skin brow furrowing as if to signify a burning rage. "Those monsters abandoned me, left me to die because I was too expensive to repair. My friends on the street bought these cybernetics so I could live life again, depriving themselves of the credits they needed to eat. My goal? To pay those people back for what they did for me tenfold, and to pay the corpus back for what they did to me twenty fold."

She then nods in agreement, having swallowed down all those emotions. "Yes...weapon shop it is." She gestures for Daiya to lead the way.

Daiya Daiya

Last edited:
To say the cyborg needed help in social situations was a bit of an understatement. She was the kind of person that didn't have any issues smacking around a teen girl that got mouthy with her. However, in this situation, she felt that wasn't going to be a problem.

With a stack of credits, she had been sent to market and what a it market it was. Her natural eye looked around and her cybernetic one did too but not in quite the same way. Her vision moved in and out as she looked at the prices, the number of credits she had, and what she might actually want.

Bryn was not one for fashion or really feeling like she needed anything. Letting out a sigh, she walked into a fabric shop and ran into another person on his way out. Growling her breath, a fist clenched for a moment before she turned to watch him walk away.

"Where do you think you're going? Aren't you going to say sorry or something?"

Huffing slightly, she moved to follow him if he even reacted to her statements.

Anakin Stormrunner Anakin Stormrunner

There's more than one way to be enslaved
Even in the crowded streets, it was easy to tell someone was following him. The desert twisted in his bones, as it often did when he picked up a bounty hunter or a slaver intent on dragging him back to the highest bidder. With a mental nudge, Ebra slid beneath his shirt and Anakin slipped forward into the crowd, pushing through the mass before he pulled the desert around him. He wrapped it around his person and projected thoughts of normal. In a place like this, hemmed in on all sides by people, projecting nothingness would no little more than raise his tail's suspicion. Especially now, when many of those that came after him seemed to have some idea of his ability to disappear. Instead he projected a face so average that you would forget the moment you looked away. "I am nothing but another body in a crowd. Faceless, meaningless, unimportant." His desert told those around him. He slowed his charge through the crowd and let the current shove him around, pushing him left and right and forwards before preforming a one eighty turn and doubling back around.

It was trick he had learned on coruscant, hiding from slavers and hunters with a broken radio and a trashed ship. It was a nightmare, but one that served him well in the moment.

Spice blue eyes darted over the crowd, their movements hidden by the lack of pupil and iris. His desert had calmed but it still hummed with a tension that was not quite adrenaline. He couldn't know that his tail was working alone, and in a crowded place like this it would be too easy for one of them to jostle his arm or his shoulder and slip a drug into his veins. He'd drop right there, and none would bat an eye on a planet like this. A clawed hand gripped the small ring on his sneakitheif. One tug and out would come his garrote, ready to defend himself from any attacks.

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu
When I talk about his "desert", that's what Anakin thinks of the force as.

As the boy continued to move away from her, the cyborg almost picked up on his alarm. However, she wasn't that adept at reading people. Unless it was fear, pain, and terror. She didn't get that from him. Then he appeared to try and disappear. Her cybernetic eye followed him and her organic one noticed the change.

The woman was an assassin and was trained to follow people when they were trying to escape her. Was this chance really worth it though? This was no longer her profession and Bryn was torn with indecision. Did this apparent boy need to be punished for running into her and not saying sorry? Deciding it probably was not, she stopped chasing him.

Letting out a sigh, she saluted the air and hoped he would see it. Keeping her cybernetic eye on him, her other one looked around at the goods nearby. Staying out in the open now, her body was as relaxed as she allowed it. Muttering under her breath about people being rude, there was still a cloud of irritation surrounding her.

Shop keepers were polite and readily took her credits as she purchased little baubles and bits. Nothing too special though and she didn't think she would actually keep any of it.

Anakin Stormrunner Anakin Stormrunner

"I am," the Twi'lek purred in response to the accusation of flattery.

Zlova slowly nibbled on the churro, her golden gaze held on the Cathar as he spoke of curry without vegetables. Any form was it? Meant she would need to take him to some of the more select venues. Places that weren't afraid of their customers keeling over dead from a single bite. Well it wasn't that bad. At least she'd never keeled over from a bowl anyway.

"Really?" Arm in arm, the red woman smiled over at Talohn as he led the way.

Evidently the way led to a pawn shop. Not exactly a ritzy or glamorous location, but it was somewhere the Lethan would go. She was that rare Sith not ashamed to be seen in otherwise 'humble' establishments. Sub-cultures were fine in her book. No need to look down on people unless they threw their self at your feet and begged to be stepped on -- which admittedly happened more often than you'd think. Just because they worked in a pawn shop, however, was no reason to sneer. Besides, they might have something good. Especially if they had a selection off-the-books.

"And you know of this place because you bought a very large gun here once?" Zlova added in jest. "Something tells me I won't find a lost treasure of a forgotten empire here, but that doesn't mean they won't have something I might like. Especially if there's a job coming up." Confederacy? Oh, sure, they provided equipment. Not always the equipment you wanted, however. Why pay for an expensive version when the more common variety suited? Because sometimes you got what you paid for. There were reasons Sith Lords often shopped at specialty stores.

Zlova leaned over to place a finger on Talohn's chest. "Is there a job coming up?"

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Cassus climbed into the vessel, followed by Saija Kwann Saija Kwann and a few other Shadowrunners or Mercs. A few vessels had already launched, capitalizing on the opening the Samhain's Derelict created. Once they were settled, it would only be moments before the thrusters would engage. Luckily, Darkwire had gone through the trouble of acquiring Corporate-grade ships that would be able to transport them and protect them from the brunt of weaponry. For a little while anyway. Black market connections were a godsend aboard the Derelict.

"Who can slice doors? It'll be a lot easier getting to the bridge than trying to get through the old fashioned way." The Bounty Hunter questioned as he armed his specially modified Disruptor Rifle. "Ammunition for this is damn expensive to waste on doors."

The engines blasted them out of the Derelicts hangar, and they drifted through the vacuum towards the technical monster of Death Monger. A few of the ships had already managed to cling to the surface of the ship, like barnacles with parasites inside. The shields surrounding them were beginning to act up, like they were about to restore themselves any minute. It was going to be a short opening.

"Hold tight, this is going to get rough." The pilot shouted over the intercom. A few of the personnel strapped themselves in, cussing out the pilot under their breathes as they did, and Cassus followed suite but didn't curse. After a shattering experience throwing his body around in the seat, it appeared the ship had made an impact against the surface of the Battlecruiser. Either that, or the front of the ship just got shot with enemy munitions and the pilot was dead. It became pretty clear in a moment. "We're on the hull, get the frek out!"

Plasma drills ignited, and det-charges were placed, and in a record time of 42 seconds the hull was breached and sealed against vacuum. Inside, sirens were going off and the emergency lights were on, with various alarm signals flashing. A few personnel were found unconscious on the ground, either knocked out by Null bursts or got hit by the det-charge shockwave. Darkwire Shadowrunners, and contracted mercenaries poured in through the tiny opening. At this point, they had a mission to complete, otherwise getting back to Samhain's Derelict was going to be very difficult. Extraction was unlikely, they were here to win, die, or surrender trying.

Cassus wasn't going to surrender anything.

Gemma Hentz Gemma Hentz Zamas Nall Zamas Nall

"Yes, really. If I find one, I'll see what I can do to get ahold of it. No reason not to." He says, a warm smile on his face. If it costed a shit ton of money? Likely not. That money was needed to feed his child, and Zlova WAS quite the charmer, but not charming enough to make him forget about Monari. No one had that level of charm. However, that wouldn't stop him from doing a heist or two!

He leads her into the pawn shop. It looks like every building on the pirate planet. Made from scrap and leftover parts. Which looks terrible, but there comes a certain extent that it becomes impressive. This place? Shelves lined with goods, the shelves themselves being made from old starfighter wings. The automatic door is the sliding door of an old republic transport ship. The floor is made from tie fighter wings, and the surrounding walls and ceiling are made from various other ship parts. The goods vary a lot. Weapons, clothes, old droids, droid parts. There's a wall of swords to the left side.

Talohn allows her to take in the sight as he turns to her. "Actually, it was a kyber crystal that I found here. Funny place for that, right? Anyways. I found something up your alley while I was here." Then she leans in, pressing a finger to his chest. He leans in as she does, pressing his forehead to hers, eyes gazing directly into those yellow eyes. "I'm working on a bit of something. Though if you join me, it's more of an adventure instead of a job. Jobs are boring, adventures are not." He's close enough to kiss her, but in this case he remains the tease and doesn't do so as he turns about to begin towards the counter.

There's a gamorrean manning the counter, who looks up as the cathar approaches. "You still got it? The armor?" Talohn asks. In response, the piglike being pulls something from under the counter, placing it on the tabletop. it's hard to tell what it would look like on a person, but before them sits nothing but a bunch of leather straps booked together by chains. Talohn sighs, pinching his brow. He prays Zlova doesn't comment on that. Or even worse, decide to actually go for it. "No, no. The other one." The piglike being grunts with irritation, wandering off to the back. There's the sound of rolling wheels as an armor rack is pushed into view, revealing a set of light armor with a helmet. There are a few attachments for different alien species hanging on the rack, one of which is light armor plating that slips over twi'lek lekku. Talohn looks back at Zlova, seeing her opinion.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

"Status report!" shouted Zamas to the bridge crew, after the shock of a big hit was over. Space combat was not a speciality of the Sephi, so he did not know what had just hit them, only that it was powerful. "Seems to be some sort of Alpha Strike, sir. It disabled our shields, but we're already working on getting them up."

"Continue the assault, get that ship away from us." This new ship Darkwire suddenly had acquired changed everything. It was bigger, and seemed to be stronger, than Zamas had anticipated for this attack. Still, he was sure the Death Monger could defeat it, but it would take significantly more time than was planned. This would not please the Bursar.

"Uh, Sir, ma'am, we have a problem. Uh, bigger problem, that is." The bridge-worker stammered. "Out with it! What is this bigger problem?" sneered Zamas at him. He was beginning to lose patience. "Well, uh, scans of the hull, uh, suggests that the assailants are, um, trying to board us. It seems they are, somehow, um, trying to breach the hull." For a moment, Zamas stood there considering, while the worker was almost shaking. Then, the Sephi quickly turned around. "Good work, back to your station, and alert the soldiers. I'll go deal with this." And in a few quick strides, he was out the door to the bridge.

"Theta squad, join me in corridor Y-7. Expect heavy opposition, aim to kill." Zamas spoke through his comm-link, then put it away. On board their own ship, Darkwire would have been hard to get to. But here, on Xopsaloff's ship, they would be an easy target. And this also gave room for capturing some of them. For such an important mission as this, it was likely a leader, or one with great influence leading the attack. Capturing him or her could perhaps help pleasing the Bursar's mood. And help gloss over Zamas failiure.

Zamas rounded the corner, and saw agents from Darkwire coming through a hole in the hull. More than the Sephi had expected, but nonetheless defeatable. Theta squad was on their way, and would arrive soon, but Zamas took his chance before they arrived. He pulled his hood over his head, and ignited both his lightsaber shotos.
"It was foolish of you to come here, cyber-scum. This ship will be your grave!" He shouted, as he advanced towards them.

Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin | Gemma Hentz Gemma Hentz | Saija Kwann Saija Kwann | Cato Fett Cato Fett

The Twi'lek's eyes roamed the interior of the shop. Interesting decor. She was far from an interior decorator, but there was just something peculiar about the design choices. A private joke as she noted how much of it was made from ship parts. Even the shelves. Someone had an obsession. Better than a lifeless box full of trinkets.

"Crystal?" A smile graced her lips. It was surprising how many crystals ended up on the market as little more than trinkets. Ironic considering if the merchant knew their real value they would be set for life. It really did pay to know the quality of what you were selling.

"Now I'm curious," Zlova replied when Talohn admitted having found something that would be of interest. A quiet chuckle rumbled within as they gazed into one anothers' eyes. "I do love a good adventure. And I can't think of someone I would rather have one with." It might be shocking for him to learn Zlova was being absolutely truthful.

Of course, she didn't have many friends. Which only spoke of Talohn's patience and endurance having put up with Zlova for so long. And it was also likely a cry for help considering dating a former Sith Lord couldn't possibly be something a sound mind would think of doing.

It was the second time Zlova had seen the look in the Cathar's eye as well. One where he thought of closing the gap between them. She knew the look. After all, she inspired it in a great many in order to slip under their guard. But she wouldn't press it. Not yet. It wasn't the right time, or the right place.

Not a word fell from her lips, though the Twi'lek did purr at the sight of the straps and chains. She turned in toward the Cathar as the pigman wandered off; she reached up with her free hand to trace his jawline and gently urge him to look in her direction. It was far more fun to gaze into the man's eyes and gently press up against him as they waited. What else she should do? Stare blankly at the knick-knacks present? Talohn's fur along was far more engaging.

Zlova pivoted away as her golden eyes shifted toward the door through which the pigman emerged. A moment not meant to last that was made all the more valuable for it. Now back to the matter of finding the right... armor.

A soft hum followed as she stepped forward to examine the form-fitting, leather outfit that was made to appear stitched together yet still had the precision and design of a high-quality tailor. Even the helmet bore the hallmarks of being of sound engineering and not some slap-dashed 'better than nothing' variety you so often found. The intakes on either side in the hollows of the cheek were a nice touch. The way it sloped down at an angle mimicking eyes of a predatory creature were a nice touch. It could hide every inch of her body, which was sad, but it made up for it in no hiding a single curve.

Actually such a thing might be useful if she visited somewhere less Sith tolerant, and had a desire to maintain a lower profile than usual. To say nothing of the material itself feeling flexible and yet durable in combat. Zlova pinched either side of a seam and gave it a sharp tug. No tearing. Always a good sign.

Slowly she turned to look back at the Cathar with a smile on her lips. "Care for me to try it on?" Zlova reached around as if to begin disrobing right there.

OBJECTIVE 1
Tags: Shot Sutaz Shot Sutaz

slQCnMc.png

The woman's willingness to change gave Daiya some confidence, though the delivery of the Nautolan story with her was less than convincing. She had not expected Shot to be so young, probably only a few years older than her. The traumatized childhood was one that plenty of Shadowrunners shared, it was why seeing other vulnerable groups get exploited by the Corpos resonated so much with them. Though Darkwire wasn't just made up of the downtrodden, they were made up of fighters, and rebels, and survivors. Clearly Shot was a survivor, the girl surmised, she just needed to learn that others were capable of it, too.

"We've all got a sob story, Shot," the teen remarked in a chipper tone as they wandered off from the beach, combing their way back through another section of the wharves and venturing towards the marketplace again. There wasn't much in the way of organization, but it was simple enough to follow the tell-tale signs, and sounds, of weapons being hawked and tested out in a nearby range. "'Thing you got to remember is that we're all trying to get past it and sometimes it means you gotta take a few hits. Uhh, maybe more in your case. But the scars are just reminders not to feth it up next time."

"You got heart, Shot, that's good. It's what separates us from the Corpos." Daiya's voice was encouraging, and she gave the young woman a smile. "Now come on, I hear the pew-pew of weapons and it's got me all excited."

The girl grew more excited the closer they drew to the weapons dealers and their shops. She could see the arrays of glittering guns, some of which had lost their metallic shine but not their luster in her eyes. Daiya picked up a few weapons to try out herself, even if she was just going to give them over for sale the young shadowrunner wanted the chance to play with them first.

Daiya found herself playing with a Kusak heavy blaster most of all. It was long, a little heavy for her, but every shot she took blew the paper target away in such a satisfying way that she couldn't help but giggle each time. Turning to the dealer she was with, the girl nodded to him, "I'll take a whole crate of those, and—"

A new sound interrupted her, and Daiya paused to stare in wonder at a new weapon being test-fired. The pistol made a little more noise than she was used to, but it unloaded a fast clip of projectiles traveling at such a dizzying speed that she nearly suffered whiplash trying to follow them. It's purple-tipped barrel and sleek design would look completely at home in the lower corners of Denon, and the girl felt a growing desire to try one out for herself. "What is THAT?"

"Oh that?" Their weapons dealer sounded a bit dismissive about the whole thing, but it didn't diminish Daiya's giddiness one bit. "I heard Waric had acquired one of those, it's an F-1 Rail Pistol, one of those new Nakaioma shindigs. I heard he's only got one, probably gonna auction it off or something."

"Awww," the girl moaned in disappointment. Her heart sank a bit, but she tried to memorize the brand and model. The stunning look of it was already burned into her brain, and was nearly reflected on her eyes as she turned to Shot, bursting with joy. "Wouldn't it be a-mazing to have one of those? I gotta get one someday!"

Talohn nods in confirmation. "Yea, a crystal. Always wanted to study one of those things and see what makes them tick." As he did with everything. The cathar was a learner, always happy to see new ideas and make new discoveries. He and his adoptive child seemed to share that spark. Sure he could sell it, but with the life Talohn lived? That was nowhere near enough to set him up for life.

The cathar grins slightly when she states her curiosity. "Nothin's confirmed yet. I'll get back to you when I have more, and when it's confirmed. I'd hate to see disappointment in those stunning eyes of yours." It was true, he'd hate to hype her up for a job only for it to be folly. Of course, her next statement catches him off guard. He chuckles a little. His lips open and shut a few times as he tries to word out some witty or charming response...until he just gives up, that grin turning to a slight smile. "Thanks, Zlova. I quite enjoy our time together as well." Talohn's a fast thinker, rarely caught of guard. Zlova the type catches him off guard at times, and he enjoys that.

In terms of people, Talohn actually found her easy to deal with. She respected that he has the psychotic edge to slay his enemies, yet wasn't annoyed by his usual happy and light hearted nature. Most of the gritty mercenaries found his positive disposition terribly annoying, perhaps out of envy? He didn't know. Either way, he didn't annoy Zlova, and she didn't annoy him. That was a part of what relationships were built on, being able to equally deal with eachother's bad points

While they're at the counter, Talohn feels his cheeks burn as Zlova purrs at the first item shown off. Would he have minded seeing her in that? Definitely not. But they were here for armor! Functional armor in specific. While the piglike fellow wanders off, Talohn feels a hand trace his jawline. His gaze drifts to her, and hw returns her gaze, a warm and wholesome smile on his face. One didn't see smiles like this in the sith empire. Well, unless it was from a sith torturing someone. But that kinda ruined the wholesome aspect. His arm goes around her waist as she presses up to him. He would talk, but some moments don't need words. Hell, some can be soiled by them.

The enjoyable moment ends when the Gamorrean arrives with the actual armor Talohn wanted to see, both he and Zlova now focused on the display. He idly stands by as she looks it over, observing the quality, testing the material. "I quite like the helmet, it's well made. The material seems to have some blaster resistance to it as well. Well made armorweave of some sort. I could put some upgrades on it for you, make it stellar."

He feels his heart skip a beat when she asks if he cared to see her try it on. He shuts his eyes, taking a moment to compose himself. Once he's recovered from the initial surprise, he speaks. "Zlova. You know I'm down to see that anytime of any day. Like, a supernova couldn't stop me from enjoying that...but." He chuckles nervously. "Let's save that for when we're back on the ship." The gamorrean behind the counter emits a grunt of disappointment, causing the cather to arch a brow. "Your opinion does not have any weight in this situation."

He then places the needed currency on the counter to purchase the armor. After counting the credits, the gamorrean squeals at him. The cathar's eye twitches a little. "No, I only want the armor." A snort in response. "You did not say it came with it free before. Since when did..." Another snort. "Ok, now you're just trying to spite me."

The gamorrean squeals in amusement, causing Talohn to take in a deep breath. "What do you mean I can't buy it without the- Ugh....fine. I just want to get out of here." Zlova would finally see the point of Talohn's distress. It seems, just to give the cathar, who is a practical armor nut, a hard time...the gamorrean has included the leather straps from earlier in the purchase. Talohn picks up the bundle of straps, shaking them a little as he hisses at the shopkeeper. "You know this won't get any use, right?"

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Zlova's lips were parted slightly as she observed Talohn's reactions. She swayed slightly from side to side with a slow, heated exhale. The Gamorrean seemed disappointed for the both of them, but Zlova didn't intend to push it. A humorous jest -- unless he accepted in which case just a humorous situation. Best case if she was encouraged to change right there in the store? Someone else would come in, everyone would freeze, and then they'd awkwardly try to pretend nothing happened. And the Twi'lek would sleep like a baby that night despite such a scandalous scene.

The golden rings of her eyes bounced between the two men. Little disagreement on the purchase was it? A "serious" matter considering how adamant Talohn seemed not to accept a sudden addition to the order. Not that she agreed. Who could turn down genuinely free goods? There was always a use for them even if that use was knocking someone out cold at thirty paces.

As she stepped in closer, Zlova reached out to gently stroke-pat the Gamorrean's cheek before her other hand touched upon the wrist of the hand holding the sudden addition. Once she leaned in, the red woman whispered softly in the Cathar's ear, "I think it would look delightful on you." A smile blossomed on her lips as she drew back. Her eyes were aglow with amusement.

Had Talohn expected her to claim them for herself? And perhaps she would, but that wouldn't be half as entertaining as saying they were for him.

"Well, Gentleman, unless we've had second thoughts about changing out in the open, I think it's time to depart." Before a Mandalorian blew a gasket and used one of the shelves to cut a pigman in half. A Sith Lord always had to know how far to push someone. Well, unless they genuinely didn't care if the other party became a criminal or died. Zlova would rather the Cathar remain free and at her side.

Sutaz chuckles a bit. "I can certainly say I've taken plenty of hits." She states holding up an arm. One of the panels lifts, and a bit of steam sprays out before the vent closes once again. Relieving pressure it seems. "I've also learned the lack of heart in corporations first hand." She grits her teeth. "I'll burn them all down." Then she mentions the pew pew of weapons, and Sutaz nods, lips forming into a smile. Looking at guns always got her happy. Thus, she moved to follow the girl. She had some serious plans for the guns. Some for herself, and most for profit. Just like the droids.

Sutaz's eyes scan about. Her brain had a few improvements put into it when the back of her head had to be rebuilt. One was a tech scanner that connected straight to her eyes. It connected to the various nets of the universe to draw info on what she's looking at. When not in use, it turned off, going completely inert so as to prevent hacking. It's something she worked on herself to improve her info gain as an intel based operative. It's visible in Sutaz's eyes, Daiya might notice. Lines of codes and various words scrolling across her eyes as she looks at the various guns surrounding them both. She pauses as Daiya takes a Kusak off of the shelf and test fires it a few times. The words begin running across her eyes as she stares at the weapon for a moment. "You have good taste. That's a Kusak heavy blaster. It has an overcharge feature to increase damage output." She then looks at the shopkeeper out of the corner of her eye, not that one can tell due to their eternally black gaze. "I'll take a crate as well." She grins.

It's then that their attention is drawn by the railshot. While Daiya looks excited as can be....Sutaz looks unimpressed. After the man tells her companion about the Nakaioma weapon, she proceeds to ask Sutaz about having one of those weapons. The nautolan shakes her head. "Nakaioma's a megacorp. They specialize in so much more than guns. It means that weapon's likely made...cheaply. Not meant to last." She winks to Daiya. "I can show you the good shit. Starting with this." She gestures for the girl to follow as she makes her way over to a rack. Off of it, she pulls what seems to be an arm bracer. She puts it on her arm and presses a button on the side. It instantly folds out into a blaster she can easily grip on to, which she then proceeds to rapid fire down the firing range. It's not the most impactful weapon, but it fires nice and fast. "The Veshet Repeater. Not the most damaging weapon. But it's discreet and easily hidden. Perfect for....you and your friends." She presses the button, and the gun folds back into place. Once it's inert, she hands it to Daiya, and then makes a note on her datapad.

She then moves on to the next rack, eyes sparkling. "Oh! Now this is a good piece." She takes a G-34 bowblaster off of it's display, looking over the craftsmanship. "It's only one shot before you gotta reload, but it's silent. Good for stealth ops. I'd fire it, but I think we both already know what arrows are." She then types a bit on her datapad once again before putting the crossbow back on the rack. Looking up from the pad, her eyes widen as she spots something across the room. "Oh! Oh! Now that's something too!"

She stops at the wall on the other side of the room, standing before quite the intimidating looking weapon. She runs her fingers along the barrel. "This here? It's an Endgame elite disruptor rifle. If you want no evidence to remain of who you shot, then this is for you. It's loud, but it literally wipes things from existence. Disruptors were illegal at some point y'know. Before the plague wiped away the old galaxy." She shakes the disruptor off of it's rack, and hurries it over to the firing range. Aiming down the scope, she fires it once. the target down range disappears from existence just as Sutaz said it would when the projectile makes impact. A disgruntled staff member puts out a new target soon after. Sutaz hefts the large sniper back to it's spot on the rack, and makes another notation in her datapad. She gestures to a large pistol on display under the disruptor. "There's also the Gambit elite disruptor. It's like the rifle...but small, shorter range."

The next thing of interest she spots causes her to giggle like a maniac. She points at the weapon display over by the counter. A Rowdy rancor gatling. "I couldn't lift that even if I tried, But I think I'm picking some of those up for the droids that I bought....and for later projects." She takes out her datapad, adding a few more notes. She's making a purchase list perhaps?

The Nautolan's gaze darts about as she ponderously bites her lower lip. "What else...what else am I...Oh! That's definitely something I've been wondering about." Making her way to the display, she pulls a PV-16 off of the shelf, feeling the grip in her hands. "This is an unusual number, uses plasma I believe? Hot plasma orbs. Ammunition for it isn't common, but it's highly resistant to EMPs. Could likely use a projectile to burn through most surfaces. I'd use it to breach a vault." Another notation is made on the datapad after the weapon is placed back on it's display.

For a bit, she wanders about, making a few more additions to her list that she didn't feel were worth mentioning. The trailblazer vibromachete, terminus shivs, deluxe hunting rifle, the E-17 Carbine, and the CR-1. Though she does make a passing comment on the last one with a slight smile. "Always loved the aesthetic of these." With that, she moves on. Finally, she pauses on a large display rack at the back of the shop, and she giggles with glee. "Tricks of the trade, now we're talking." If Daiya wasn't following her, she gestures the girl to make her way over. "This here? This is the real good shit. You've got the firedrake, the gatecrasher, vornskr revolvers, gravitas launchers....Oh! Also this." She takes an arg off of the shelf and hands it to Daiya. "You have to try firing this. It's non lethal. It fires goop that hardens on people. It's both gross and awesome at the same time! Freebirds industries and tricks of the trade are my go to for weapons. Though you can only order directly from freebirds, they don't got stuff in shops." She shakes her head. "They're where I got my baby." She states, drawing the pistol on her right thigh from it's holster. An Atin General purpose heavy pistol from the looks of it. It's well polished and cared for. Seems she quite likes the gun. "The Atin, it can adapt to take any kind of common place round up to 14mm, it can also adapt to take lasers, plasma, verpine. You name it!" She then hugs it to herself as if it were her child. "This baby is fine art. If you ever want anything from freebirds, I'll hook ya up with a contact. I might commission my own pistol someday...something specially made...one of a kind." She giggles. It's then that one more thing catches her eye. She hurries away without a word.

When Sutaz returns to Daiya at the firing range, she's got something new slung over her shoulder, and she looks more excited about it than any other weapon in the store. "LOOK AT THIS THING." It seems she pulled the ax guitar off of the shelf and has already bought it immediately without hesitation. Cckling like and idiot, she strums the strings a few times.

Daiya Daiya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom