Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Crooks of a Feather... - Darkwire Dominion of Wann Tsir

Sudden droid.

No, no. Stealthily leaning droid in the doorway. Stealthily leaning on three legs miniature tank with one dome visible peering into the interior of the shop.

No one suspected the mini-tank!

Unless you had a delivery notification and a scheduled drop off time. Oh, and if you requested signature delivery. Then you totally suspected your courier.

The super secret transmissions and turned Echo's attention in the direction of the weapon shop. Not because anyone inside was sending signals, of course. No, no, it was the creeper following them whose transmissions Echo had picked apart. Evidently the one they were following was connected to the transmissions. Something about being troublemakers. Echo didn't pretend to understand organic politics, they just got in the way of successful deliveries.

Slowly Echo rolled into the shop with its legs tucked in as tightly as possible to avoid bumping anything. Its front lifted to extend a hearty welcome to the sentient at the counter. "Hi! I'm Echo. Sole Owner and Courier of Echo's Delivery Service! Couldn't help but overhear the two female sentients placed quite a large order. With all the excitement in the marketplace, and the amount of credits involved, perhaps you could use a trustworthy Courier to get those goods to their destination? You can always count on Echo's Delivery Service to get the merch where it needs to go. Check up my creds on the 'net."

Perhaps out of curiosity they'd begun to do just that. Echo leaned forward and to the side a bit as if it could peek at the holo terminal. "Make sure to check out the Denon Metro Blaze video staring yours truly! That wasn't even all of the armed forces they threw at me. Can't stop a timely delivery!"

A strange acoustic sound then came from inside the firing range. Not that those in the shop could hear it with all the sound suppression stuff, but the store had a feed to watch range customers. Naturally that meant Echo had a feed. Best to observe the people Echo might be delivering to. Sometimes they got double-crossy, and it was best to prepare for that circumstance. Not that it mattered, really. Echo delivered the goods. Not Echo's fault they then tried killing the Courier. Echo's job had been completed and a fair wage was in order.

Echo stood patiently while the employee contemplated the services and associated fees available. Echo liked to think it was quite competitive especially with the delivery guarantee. Who else promised to plow through walls and stand toe-to-toe with a military force to get your package through? Blockades, please!

Tag: Daiya Daiya | Shot Sutaz Shot Sutaz

OBJECTIVE: 2
Tags: Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Cato Fett Cato Fett , Zamas Nall Zamas Nall , whoever else is here

@Cassus Akovin "Who can slice doors? It'll be a lot easier getting to the bridge than trying to get through the old fashioned way." The Bounty Hunter questioned as he armed his specially modified Disruptor Rifle. "Ammunition for this is damn expensive to waste on doors."

... Darkwire Shadowrunners, and contracted mercenaries poured in through the tiny opening. At this point, they had a mission to complete, otherwise getting back to Samhain's Derelict was going to be very difficult. Extraction was unlikely, they were here to win, die, or surrender trying.

"Leave that to me." Meanwhile, some other members of the boarding party were preparing to breach the enemy ship and begin the raid in earnest.

When the charges go off and a way across is secured, we rush in headlong. I'm with the secondary team; our job was to get to a terminal and start doing what I do best. Others split off to start taking key parts of the ship by physical force while I'm attacking the vessel's computer systems.

I click open my hackbox and take out a length of connector cabling and an ion spike. I jam the spike into the interface socket, sending sparks flying and causing a brief arc. Then I quickly jack in and execute a special recipe program just for operations like this one.

The ship was on lockdown, but thanks to my interference, random sections of the ship began to lose containment as key hatches and blast doors were disengaged remotely. In other parts of the ship assorted barriers from pressure seals to locked turbolift cars cut off teams of enemy soldiers trying to repel boarders. Even though this was their ship, we were in control of the terrain, which gave the strike team a massive advantage.

Gemma grabbed hold of the nearest console to steady herself as the ship rocked. The executive was most at home behind a desk – not here on the bridge of a starship. But her employer was not a pauper, he had one of the best ships around. So she had once been told.

Her wary glance shifted when one of the crewmen alerted them to more... trouble.

A brow arched skeptically. It was foolhardy to attack Xopsaloff's ship, to be sure, but perhaps... she could call it brave? Gemma hadn't quite settled on the word, but Zamas was now en route to intercept their attackers. She watched as the door closed behind him, and then turned her own attention to the console in front of her. There were small 'pings' lighting up on the map, where someone was likely slicing into the system.

Her manicured fingers hit the keys.

Instead of making the job more difficult for their attackers, Gemma quickly disabled the alerts. Instead, the bridge crew would continue to focus their efforts on backing up Zamas and securing Xopsaloff himself. And as for the boarding party...

They might not have known... but there was someone on their side.

Zamas Nall Zamas Nall , Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Cato Fett Cato Fett , Saija Kwann Saija Kwann

"It was foolish of you to come here, cyber-scum. This ship will be your grave!"

"Your breathing is foolish!" Cassus roared, a face full of anger hidden by his mask, as he lifted up his "customized" Disruptor and fired the tight ring of material-disrupting stun bolt. He stepped off the ground and hovered backwards via Repulsor Pack. He held the rifle in one hand as he reached for a blade of his own.

"Get back," He yelled to his Shadowrunner comrades behind him, "I've got this one handled!"

At that moment, a silver-yellow thread of energy erupted from its hilt ready to parry a strike.

Zamas Nall Zamas Nall Saija Kwann Saija Kwann Gemma Hentz Gemma Hentz

That's the funny thing. Talohn knew Zlova wasn't joking. She was a powerful and destructive sith. Nudity wasn't something she had to be afraid of. It wouldn't change the result in regards to what would happen to those who opposed her. The only difference is a more pleasant sight before becoming one with the force. After a few more back and forths between the two, the tie breaker seems to be Zlova's words. Her whisper sends a shiver down his spine, and he can't help but chuckle just a little. He leans to whisper a response to her ear equivalent in reply. "Made it through the catharese warrior trial in less." Her voice is soothing to him, and her joke seems to have calmed him down. He looks back to the shopkeeper, and takes both the items off the counter. "We'll take them both, then."

Talohn nods in agreement as Zlova asks if it's time to go. He jokingly pauses momentarily as if rethinking the changing in public thing, the chuckles. "Nah. We can head out now. I take it I'm to be the one that carries all the stuff?" That's usually what the male does on the date in typical media that he's seen, and he's more than strong enough to do it, so he doesn't. "I chose a place, now it's your turn to choose a place. Go on." The items they bought are now in a bag, which Talohn has slung over his shoulder

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

A soft, short hum followed the Cathar's words. Made it through his trials in less had he? A sensible species. Far too many relied upon 'impenetrable' armor to win the day. Essentially they hoped to tire their enemy into making a mistake. Hardly sporting. Oh, effective. A valid strategy to be sure. But awfully dull. Where was the excitement? The struggle? The growth born of genuine conflict? So, of course, the Twi'lek was pleased to hear Talohn knew the value of skill over material possessions. Beskar was useful, but if all it took was depriving a warrior of their beskar than what kind of warrior were they?

Zlova reached over to caress Talohn's jaw with a smile on her lips. "Since you've volunteered, how could I possibly say no?"

"Let's go check out the electronics store. I can't have you returning without a suitable gift."
Just because it was important Talohn provide for his daughter. Had nothing to do with Zlova possibly wanting to repay the mischief-maker for her gift, or help furnish her development down that path. "The market seems unusually busy today, and I won't accept 'sold out.'" Oh, Zlova was your worst nightmare when it came to market rushes. Cut someone down just to steal a few odds and ends? If they were rare or difficult to come by pieces, or it was simply easier than going to another city to find it... Yes.

"Then afterwards perhaps we'll see if there are any information brokers in the area. There may be a suitable job in need of capable hands, or an artifact in need of an owner." Wouldn't hurt to check anyway. If nothing tickled their fancy it wasn't like they were obligated to accept any jobs. Such places were often the best for leads to holocrons, however; at least when hunting alone.

Tag: Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Tags: Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Zamas Nall Zamas Nall , Gemma Hentz Gemma Hentz , Cato Fett Cato Fett , whoever else is here

Armed troops sent down into the ship to repel boarders had made their way to our location. A blaster bolt impacts on the bulkhead next to me. That was too close for comfort. I yank the connection from the wall and duck for cover as the accompanying primary boarding team returns fire.

"It was foolish of you to come here, cyber-scum. This ship will be your grave!"

"Get back," [Cassus] yelled to his Shadowrunner comrades behind him, "I've got this one handled!"

As the boss faces down their leader man-to-man, I'm already on the move, looking to hack into the ship's computer another way. Controlling the battlefield was only part of the plan, now it was time to do some real damage. When I find another network junction, I prime another ion spike to disable the local countermeasures and then jack in once they're down. I could sense that technicians somewhere on the ship were plugging in their emergency anti-virus kits and trying to bring the firewalls back up. So for added measure, I pry open the panel before me and make a secondary connection, utilizing an extendo and a bridger to dual-link my slicing computer to the hard-line.

From my hackbox, I feed another malware app into the enemy vessel's computer system. This one is designed to take out enemy units; compartments would lose atmosphere and either vent personnel into the vacuum of space or simply suffocate them. Blast doors would become meat choppers, opening and closing at random intervals. And the nastiest part...auto-turret point defense cannons would begin targeting friendly starfighters after altering the transponder recognition algorithm to recognize Corpo ships as bogeys and vice-versa.

Last edited:
"Fair enough." He nods, grinning as she caresses his jaw, and their eyes meet for a few moments once again. "The electronics store eh? I think I can find something there, for sure. She's been researching sound lately, I think I have you to thank for that." He chuckles. "Has to be the hardest subject she's studied. Sound isn't easy, requires more knowledge of biology than other tech does. Specifically how brains work. That's the weirdest part." His gaze then drifts about, gazing at how busy the market is. He shrugs. "To be expected with these prices, yea." The cathar chuckles. "We better hurry. I don't know where to find information brokers on this planet, so I'll let you ponder that while I look at what they seem to have."

As they enter the shop, the place looks more standard. Still made from scrap on the roofs and walls, but whoever made this place was wealthy enough to afford an actual floor, and real shelves and display cases to fill the building. The items on the shelves were actually arranged into sections as well, unlike that pawnshop they were just in. He speaks while perusing the shelves, looking over some of the sound related tools. Scanners, emitters, translators, vocabulators, he's looking at it all. "I have a few folk around who may know something about artifacts, but it wouldn't hurt to also check the info brokers. What kinda artifacts are you hoping for? A holocron? The helmet of darth nihilus?" He questions, the last question being a joke. To him, that helmet was weird and scary.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Sonic was a good choice for weaponry. Might not kill someone immediately, but it would disorient and debilitate at least. If you didn't finished them off, they might be left wishing you had. Useful. Though Zlova imagined there'd be a way to harness sound in such a way it could kill on impact. You could do that with the Force, and that was just a manipulation of air molecules at times. Strong enough Force Push could break the ribs and spine.

Why not do it more often then? Force User would use any number of abilities to survive or defend, and some random civilian wasn't worth it. Not that it would be too good of a death for them. No, death by Force Push would be demeaning and insulting. That kind of thing cut both ways though. What kind of Warrior Force Pushed someone to death? You'd be the laughing stock of every Sith Lord from there to Korriban.

No one would bat an eye if you did it in the heat of the moment, of course. Play Sith games, win Sith prizes. A deliberate act in battle, however, was just not workable.

"Good. You need to keep challenging her. She's smart, but if she isn't challenged she might begin thinking she's too smart. Best her intelligence speaks for itself when others find out who they're up against." To know you did not know everything kept one honest. Sometimes you got reminded in the most painful way possible.

As they slowly perused the wares, the Twi'lek's golden eyes lifted to regard Talohn for a moment. "Anything ancient and imbued with knowledge or power." She paused to smile at her Cathar companion. "I guess you have been listening to me... Darth Nihilus?" Zlova chuckled. "You wouldn't dare touch that. His Hunger was literally insatiable. Power like that could drive Madlad wild, and keep Morai from resting comfortably in her own bed. Holocrons are best because you can learn from them, and when you don't want to be corrupted by their influence you can turn them off." A quick, playful wink followed.

"Sometimes I think we all become trapped by our own prejudices, Talohn." She idly lifted a piece of technology and feigned examining it as she spoke. "The Force is this. The Force wills that. Light Side, Dark Side, Living Force... You know what dogma always boils down to? Convenience. You like the way something sounds because it fits the way you want the world to be -- not necessarily the way the world is. We all do it. It's easy, silent, and so often overlooked. So, I like learning the philosophies of those that came before me. I like hearing their thoughts. They have nothing left to gain trying to mislead those alive long after themselves. They're honest. Not necessarily correct," Zlova lifted a finger as she gave Talohn a sideways smile, "but honest."

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"I don't know if she'll ever go up against anyone. She seems set on the pacifist path....Not that I mind it. She can do as she pleases with her life, I'm just here for her to fall back on me when she needs support. The killing of her parents caused....well. That can cause some serious mental trauma for a child. She has a panic attack, or can even faint at the sight of blood. She has to cover her ears when a lightsaber ignites." Weakness is one thing, but genuine stress caused from traumatic events was another. "I have to soothe her after night terrors that she has at least a few times a week." He grits those sharp teeth. "I'll put the Amalgam's head on a pike if I ever get the chance."

"Ancient knowledge or imbued by power eh? I don't have much to direct your towards in terms of sith stuff. But if you ever have an interest in the study of mandalorian relics, I can help with that. Hunting them is part of my job after all....and I'm sure I can squeeze in some study time for you before I turn the relic over to the enclave." He winks. "Not sure us mnados have holocrons through. And you're right, I wouldn't dare touch that mask. He shivers slightly. "I remember I saw a sith relic once...some sort of golden orb. It spoke, it whispered to me. I couldn't understand a word of the language it spoke, but I comprehended it wasn't anything I wanted to understand. Reminded me of when the Almalgam tried to break me by having all those sith spirits speak in my head at once. Bright side, I think it boosted my mental tolerance. I've been immune to jedi mind tricks ever since." he says, trying to lighten the mood with a slight chuckle.

He takes a soundwave converter off of the shelf, and nods to himself. This is what Monari wanted. He then looks back to Zlova as she begins on her honest thoughts. He nods in agreement. "In my experience, as an outsider from all these force creeds....The force is whatever, really. It isn't one single thing or the other. It's like malleable steel, the user makes it into what they want or need out of it. Yu have a point about the dogmas for convenience. Back on my home, when a clan wanted more territory, there was suddenly a reason to hate another clan that was nearby. So many times, the old and the bitter would trick the young and naïve into killing eachother. 'Tak roreil gera dehna', as my mother would say. I couldn't trust history written down for my clan without reading the other clan's history first. That history was all propaganda, meant to make sure the generations after keep up the dogmas of the dead." His brow furrows slightly. "In some cases, tradition is just peer pressure from dead people. Leaving cathar and seeing the wider galaxy showed me how narrow minded we truly were, and it showed me that I was missing out on truly beautiful things, and people." He adds, eyes meeting hers as he places a hand on her cheek. He's not wearing that flirty smug grin like usual. It's a genuine and warm smile.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Pacifist. Yes, the little one did seem inclined toward it. Talohn described the trauma in greater detail than the Twi'lek had already witnessed, but her grief over what had happened suggested as much on its own. Fear. Not the sort that honed itself into anger and conveniently set someone down the road of violence. Paralytic fear. The sort that had people holed up in a safe place surrounded by safe people doing safe things. Terror at being confronted with the darkest, but vile aspects of life.

Talohn was fine with it, and that was his choice. Zlova, however, didn't much agree with it. Too early to try breaking the delusion of safety. Killing the Amalgam would go far in restoring the little one's confidence. It would provide enough stability at least to build a new foundation rather than the cracked one she stood upon.

"How fortunate," Zlova smirked as the Cathar spoke of his personal encounter. "But let's be honest, Talohn, you were always immune to Jedi Mind Tricks. Those tricks only work on weak willed people. The sort that don't know what they believe and what they want; they're content with letting life pass them by, or allowing others dictate how they live their lives."

A soft hum followed his touch. Zlova reached up to lay her hand atop his as they smiled at one another. "Well, this hairless, head-tailed monster will just have to brave whatever trial it takes for your family to accept her then won't she?" Ever the charmer, the Lethan wondered what drew him to her in the first place. Flirting with danger? Or maybe she should wonder why she continued to respond? It wasn't as though she had to answer his call. Though he was pleasant company. Zlova still couldn't rule out a sudden betrayal borne from convenience. Did seem increasingly unlikely, but then the two of them hadn't been forced to confront a life-or-death scenario with no perfect outcome.

But then perhaps that was just over thinking it.

Was it any wonder Sith Lords were usually grumpy or angry? Dealing with people and second-guessing motivations were emotionally taxing in a galaxy that never let up. Someone was always waiting for you to let your guard down.

Couldn't say the time with the Cathar was unpleasant though. They got along surprisingly well. Killed people. Shameless flirted in the open. Couldn't care less about the law -- except for slavery. Zlova didn't truly care, but neither did she endorse captivity... provided the captives were willing to fight given the opportunity. He seemed interested in her. Aside from the unreasonable paranoia inside of herself nothing really swore him off; but then it was unreasonable paranoia. Something to work on. Perhaps.

"Gas nebulae and red Twi'lek women. You have interesting tastes, Talohn Atar Talohn Atar . I suppose I have no choice but to stalk your enemies and indulge in vice with you." Zlova stepped in closer as she gazed into his eyes. "The converter doesn't have a recorder does it?" Small joke about Monari overhearing anything they said later.

Talohn chuckles slightly as she gives her piece on why jedi mind tricks don't effect him. "I remember when we spoke about that over our first date. I don't know what I want, but I suppose the difference between me and a weak minded individual is that I'm actively searching? However, I won't let an opportunity pass me by, and I definitely won't let some nerf herder in robes tell me what to think while making a random hand gesture." he smirks. "The only one who I allow to order me around is mom, and even then, that has a limit." Aw, the kitty's a momma's boy.

Her hand is placed over his, and the cathar nods slightly. "Zlova, it's true that for say, Monari or Madlad to accept you, you'll need to do some work. But I want to point out something important. You don't have to change a thing about yourself to be accepted, don't ever feel like you have to, yea? Of course, you probably already know that. You don't care what other people think, that's part of what I like about you." He admits, that warm smile still on his face. There were a lot of things he liked about her. She certainly couldn't be called kind, or good hearted. But she knew what she wanted out of life, she was intelligent and mentally stimulating to talk to. She also, thus far, seemed loyal to those she liked. In short, she was both intelligent and motivated, and he found the way she viewed the galaxy, and history, quite engaging as well. "Also, you're not a monster. You're a Muo dom riru'a. Much more badass." He winks.

"Gas nebulae are beautiful things. Is it so odd that I-" He pauses, and he proceeds to look even more confused. "Wait, hold on. That's odd taste? You're telling me......" He looks her up and down. "That people generally don't find..." He then gestures to her. "All this hot? How...I..." He takes in a deep breath. The cathar's having an existential crisis. "You know what, I'm not gonna ponder that. I like it, and that's what matters to me." Then she steps closer, and he meets her eyes once again. He raises a brow. "Nope, no recorder." He then leans in to press his lips to hers for a few moments, arm going about her waist. He then pulls away, looking quite satisfied. "I'll indulge in vice with you anytime. Consider your enemies in danger too, though they were already in danger by being your enemy...so I guess they're just in even more danger now? I don't know how danger math works." He shrugs. "The point is, I will shoot them."

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Hot air shot from the Twi'lek's nostils as she smirked. "Never change just because people demand it. Never change just because people expect it. You only change when it makes you stronger; and there's more to strength than being able to lift something heavier." There was an entire Jedi Order -- or ten -- that wanted her to change. Be a little more empathetic, a little more charitable, a lot less violent. And you know what Darth Siron thought of those pretty pretty dreams and aspirations? They could shove a rancor up their--

Curious Talohn felt the need to tell her that, but Zlova didn't mind. After all, the Cathar male was insanely tolerant of her bloodthirsty ways. Apparently they were the 'right' kind of bloodthirsty ways. No eating babies, setting entire planets on fire because she bought a new superweapon, or enslaving cities of people because they were there. You know, reasonably insidious, not cliche villainous.

"Muo dom riru'a," Zlova echoed. "Sounds badass. Long as I don't learn later it means 'She of Limp Noodles.'" A toothy grin followed the proclamation. Catharese? Might know a few words, but not one she was fluent in. A lot of languages out there and being a self-made historian of ancient Sith she'd learnt other languages. Never too late to learn a new one though.

No words were necessary to help the feline through his crisis. Zlova just smiled with lifted brows as Talohn worked through it. Of course people found red Twi'lek hot. The tattoos only made it worse -- for them. If she had a credit for every person that thought 'do the tattoos go all the way down?' she would be the richest Twi'lek in the galaxy. Most of them never said it within ear shot. The bones of those that did made for a nice throne though.

A low purr followed Talohn's affirmation of being by her side after being so bold as to kiss her. Her hands soon slid over the tops of his trapezius muscles. "I like it when you talk ruthless." Zlova's hands drew back quickly as a trap snapping shut. The Lethan craddled his head in her hands as she firmly pressed her lips against his once more. His romantic and stolen kiss was endearing, but more importantly he'd done what he'd been thinking about since their arrival practically. Restraint? Oh, it had its place. More often than not, however, it wasn't half as fun as indulgence. Zlova was quite happy he'd indulged in the kiss, and how she had to reward him.

The embrace would last a good minute before her arms relaxed and allowed them to pull apart. Dark lips parted into a broad grin for a moment. "Careful. I might hold you to that." What sort of vice might she dangle before Talohn's eyes? Nothing like hard drugs, anyway; they screwed with a warrior's mind and body -- it was a crime against one's self. But there were plenty more to choose from.

"People always tried to push change on my clan. Tried to make them join in to a bigger clan and such. They've done lots of things over the years. Pressured us with lack of trade, threatened to end mercenary contracts. People don't like it when you're small and independent. If a little guy manages to be independent." He shrugs. "I guess they see it as a threat? I don't know. I don't care either. They can fuck off." He chuckles slightly.

When she seems to indirectly inquire upon the meaning of his catharese, he decides to provide some insight on what his words meant. "It translates to 'force of nature'. Believe it or not. I find it quite fitting, don't you think so to?" He raises a brow. "I can teach you more if you find the language interesting. Then you can know how to call someone a limp noodle in catharese. Or worse. The best part of learning a language is learning the curse words. Probably because despite trying to appear otherwise. I am immature." He snickers.

Following his existential crisis, the kiss happened, her hands going over the back of his neck. "You like it when I talk Ruthless? But I'm so bad at it." He states, actually a bit embarrassed. He's never been good at sounding intimidating. He usually skips to just being intimidating by blowing off someone's skull or ripping out their spine. That usually works best. Actions had a tendency to be louder than words. "So-" Before he can speak up again, he's pulled into her trap. Though, it's certainly the most pleasant trap he's been caught by. He wouldn't mind traps if they were all like this. He enjoys that minute which seems to go forever, one arm around her waist and the other on her upper back, holding her close. They separate as they're running out of air, and he grins in response to her words. "Depends on the vice. I know some really good catharese herbs. Makes for a real nice time. If You'd be willing to try them. So..." He rests his forehead against hers, eyes gazing into those yellow pools. "Where are we headed next?"

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

A soft hum followed Talohn's question. "I happen to know a place. So make sure to check out whatever you want, and we'll see how exciting this gets." The tips of her fingers played with the Cathar's fur at the nape of his neck as she spoke. Warm and fuzzy, what wasn't to like?

With a wink, the Twi'lek slowly slid out of his grasp to wait by the door. Probably best if the man wasn't burdened by their purchases at this next place. For reasons. Fortunately, Zlova had noticed a delivery bot or two in the area that could see their goods safely relocated to their ship. A service that would relieve Talohn of a burden; she didn't expect he'd object when he returned with the latest purchase.

"It's not far." It would only take a few minutes of walking to reach their next destination. Outside wasn't anything remarkable, really. Solid columns supporting the doorway. Grime collected over time from particulate in the air. A few minor nicks and dings from deliveries, people leaning against the wall, and so on. Generally maintained and cleaned from the trash of a busy city, but not obsessively so. Making a place look brand new all the time was insanely expensive and for practically no benefit. Still, whoever was inside had their pride. As evidence by the well lit sign overhead; not a speck of color out of place.

Inside was another matter. A modern interior with new leather upholstery, well-lit yet selectively so for patrons to see where they're walking without being blinded all the time, with a clean floor, and a long bar to one side.

Zlova stopped just inside the threshold and smiled back at Talohn. "Want to find a seat at the bar, or come with me to see who's selling?" She suspected the Cathar's response, but wouldn't force him to come along if he didn't want to. These things could be incredibly boring or quite messy depending on the other party. Either way, she hoped there'd be a chance to get something to drink. All the walking was start to parch her throat.

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

He smiles, eyes remaining on hers as she plays with his fur. "Exciting? Hopefully we aren't about to piss off a copious amount of pirates. Not that I'm apposed to a shootout, but Madlad would be jealous that he missed out on the fun." He jokes. He was enjoying this outing too, it would be a shame to ruin the moment.

While she waits at the door, he finishes up his purchases at the counter. The amount of bags was beginning to weigh heavy on him by now. He wears full beskar, so it wasn't extremely annoying. Though despite that, his arms were still starting to ache. His body was meant for quick movements and bursts of strength. Not constant sustained lifting. So as they leave the store, he gives the droid his bags, along with directions to the ship. After, he gestures for Zlova to lead the way.

"Even if it was far, time with such an engaging person is time well spent." He says, using her words as a chance to flirt with her. Had had his moments amongst the slight awkwardness that he suffered at times. His eyes drift upwards as they arrive at the building. Every structure on Wann was less than a work of art, for sure. But this one at least seemed more stable than the others with it's pillars holding it up. So he was confident it wouldn't collapse on his head. That was more than he could say for half the buildings he's been in today. Though, the cathar found his brows raising a little as they step inside. The place had a lot of work put into it.

When they stop and she asks him a question, he nods in response. "I think I'll stick with you, see who's selling. Never hurts to check out what there is after all. Then we can both get ourselves a drink, yea? This looks like the only sort of place in town that'll have a decent wine too. Good pick." He winks.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

"Pirates?" Zlova laughed. "No, Talohn, there's no pirate den here. These are far more dangerous people. The type that know people capable of chasing you throughout the galaxy." Danger was relative, of course. More like... unnecessarily annoying in how they constantly harassed you wherever you went under the mistaken impression they posed even the slightest threat, and refused to accept reality because of their wounded pride. So, dangerous for short.

Well, they could always contract out to someone that did pose a threat. Presuming they didn't annoy her so much or their leader didn't come after her directly, and eventually recognized just how out of their league they were. Or the unlikely chance they had someone truly capable in their ranks -- that was possible though unlikely.

A softer laugh followed his compliment. "I'm certainly in no hurry to share you with the Little One and the Droid." The Cathar was far more likely to flirt when there wasn't an audience; or, at least, his efforts were far less likely to be interrupted among strangers.

The Lethan lifted her hand and beckoned Talohn to follow with a wave of her fingers and a smile.

Deeper within the confines of the building, the pair came upon a dark skinned Zabrak male whose sharp eyes fixed on them long before they drew near. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked in a measured tone with an edge to it.

Zlova casually lifted her hand and mimed shoving a lekku back over her shoulder as other humanoids might hair. "There's more to life than a good time."

"Sounds too good to be true," the man responded without the slightest involuntary muscular response.

"Only for those without deep pockets."

The man stepped aside for the pair to pass through the doorway that led into the backroom. His eyes would meet Talohn's for a moment, but then they would return to the front room as if nothing had happened. His job wasn't to engage customers; just to sort them from the riffraff that thought the world belonged to them.

Several tables occupied the center of the room with the occupants facing the private stage before them. A Rodian occupied their attention while a band played. None of which drew Zlova's golden gaze. She strode straight forward toward a large cove where a figure cloaked in shadow sat surrounded by two very imposing gentleman standing on either side.

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

He raises a brow as she states that they aren't going to a pirate den. He then nods slightly as she describes what they're dealing with. "Politicians. Got it." The cathar knows that isn't exactly the right answer, he just couldn't help cracking the joke. However, Talohn had dealt with his fair share of wealthy people causing him trouble. "I've been chased before like that, it was ridiculous. I know it's poor taste to mention previous encounters on a date, but it's important to the topic." His eye twitches a bit, it's obvious he's still irritated just thinking about those days. "All it took was a single one night stand on Corellia with the wrong Miraluka and suddenly her father's mercs are chasing me across the galaxy. I had to pile up bodies for weeks. if I ever see Blaire again, I'm telling her that her dad's a rit." The word 'rit' is said with an accent she's heard from him before, making it obvious he's just said something vulgar in catharese. "Eventually killing me qualified as too expensive." He shrugs.

The cathar smirks. "Oh no, a terrifyingly beautiful force of nature that wants to keep me all to herself. This is such a terrible situation to be caught in." He states, his words playfully sarcastic as he offers her his arm once again, and he follows along beside her.

The building was certainly nicer, for sure. Though, it was unlikely that there were politicians or nobles on this planet. He decides to attribute all this to a crime family of some sort. Which one? He had no idea. Crime families, while more sophisticated and wealthy than pirates, were a dime a dozen across the galaxy, and he wasn't overly surprised to see them around here. The universe's balance and economy, to a certain extent, depended on crime families. No matter how the authorities said otherwise.

He pauses as the Zabrak stops them, allowing Zlova to handle the situation. She had more experience with these sorts of high life criminals than he did. Talohn's specialty was scum, and usually if scum stopped you, the solution was devastating their skull. He could tell that was not the best approach to have here. Through some strange code language he guessed, they were allowed inside. As the Zabrak makes eye contact with Talohn, he gives a slight nod and nothing more. No need to rustle the fellow's feathers any further. Guard duty was a grueling job.

Zlova was the negotiator in this situation, which made him the muscle. Zlova could handle herself, sure, but the appearance of having muscle kept trouble at bay in the first place. Before they arrive at the cove, he speaks up. "I'm outta my depth here, so I'll let you handle the talking. I'll stand beside you and try my best to look scary, as seems to be the social norm here." He states, gesturing slightly to the two imposing men on either side of the cloaked figure. When they arrive at the table, Talohn does just that. Though thinner than some other members of his species, a cathar could still be an intimidating sight. They were known for their increased healing factors, terrifying strength in comparison to their body proportion, and their speed. So perhaps just seeing cathar as muscle was enough for him to do his job...which at the moment was trying to look as scary as the two gentleman the cloaked figure seemed to have as guards.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

"Mm, you can't go wrong with that. Shame I can't take a picture." Not that Zlova had a photo album. Her memory was clear enough, and the Cathar male was quite memorable. As for his thought about being the imposing escort, she had no complaints.

The red Twi'lek stopped a few feet away before a hand beckoned her forward. "I hear if something is lost you might be the sentient to find it," Zlova said without bothering with the formalities. At least on Wann Tsir, anyway. Hopefully their sphere of influence extended further than that too.

"I am," a male's voice corrected and affirmed with its tone. No point being insecure about your own standing in their line of work. A datapad was lifted from the table top and extended out toward Zlova. "The latest inventory." The contents of which would be merely a description of the merchandise with anything regarding its location or means of acquisition being locked away behind the small matter of a Finder's Fee.

Zlova smiled as she reached out to accept the pad and begin perusing it for items that stood out. Namely, holocons. Sometimes rare artifacts would be worth pursuing as well -- they could be worth it on their own, or lead to something greater. After a few moments she tapped an entry and extended the device back toward the cloaked figure. When he didn't take it back, she gently set it atop the table between them.

"Its interesting."

A tattooed brow lifted in response.

"That a woman like yourself would have a guard."

Red lekku curled slightly at the ends as a smile spread across Zlova's dark lips. "You know what's more interesting?" She leaned forward, palms pressed atop the table as an overwhelming, sickening feeling radiated outward. The two guards on either side whose hands had gone to their holstered weapons suddenly bent over with pained grimaces. "That women like me have only two moods -- tolerable... and murderous." The gut-twisting sensation grew in potency as the guards' trembling hands barely managed to draw their weapons at their sides. Neither managed to lift it even as they fought to turn in her direction.

Talohn in terms of size, was certainly not the most imposing escort. No, the imposing part was his features. Wild and exotic for this part of the galaxy, most people felt intimidated when he focused those orange colored eyes on them, the unease only increasing when the eyes shrink to be feline esque slits, making him seem more of a wild jungle predator than a sentient. Which is what he does now to look more imposing. Those diagonal slits that are his pupils drift between the two men as they arrive at the table. Once again, he allows Zlova to do the talking. That's not to say he's not trying to learn new things. He'd never had much encounters with mafia. So he's listening to every word, every little detail, so he could learn how to play ball with the higher areas of the criminal world like Zlova seems to. Though he also keeps watch for any suspicious moves. Could Zlova handle herself? Sure as hell. But what kind of date doesn't help you turn mobsters into paste? A boring one, that's for sure.

He peeks over her shoulder, looking over the catalogue with her. He gestures to one he sees in particular. "Maybe not what you're looking for, but it's worth noting....That tablet has Mando'a writing on it." Talohn shares a look with her, and grins slightly. Judging by the price of what he pointed out, it's obvious that the vendor might not know what he has, but Talohn does, and it's obvious he thinks it might be something good. With that, he allows her to continue browsing.

As the man speaks once again, Talohn's eyes drift up to lock onto him from across the table. The next words said cause Talohn to snicker slightly, shaking his head. He doesn't even address it. He just allows Zlova to handle it. She's a big girl. HIs hand goes to his blaster as the men seem to go for their weapons as well, though he seems largely immune to the sickening aura Zlova has imposed upon the room. It makes his stomach churn a bit, but his exposure to the Amalgam's mind shattering whispers has made what Zlova's doing not feel so bad in comparison. Could Zlova do worse than the Amalgam? Perhaps. But at the moment, he could deal with it. "Gentlemen, do yourselves a favor and holster those, yea? I can draw my pistol and have you both on the floor before you'll even manage to aim, and that's if the beautiful lady here doesn't give you an aneurism in the next thirty seconds through the sheer power of spite."

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom