Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion Conflict at Kuat - Too Many Cooks Edition [The Grayson Imperium vs The Republic]

Xenro

Nox Aeternum.
He tilted his head backward as the Force flowed freely around him. Xenro felt everything. The confusion that set in, and the immediate response that followed. It was stern and direct, and organized in a way that whispered of conflict. Electronics in the skylanes buzzed and whirred as their repulsorlifts worked overtime to ferry them around. One in particular, the Sith Lord stared directly at. His green eyes shimmered faintly with amusement, and his black lips cracked into a smile.

He mouthed a few words silently, then directed his attention toward the Museum where the Republic and Imperium had staged their talks. That was foremost important to the objective of these Agents of Chaos. For Xenro, however, their intentions just happened to align.

He made for the promenade that led up toward the establishment, breaking from the larger group to move as a solitary unit. They would only get in his way at this point.

The Sith reached into the folds of his robes and subtle movements shifted the fabric slightly.

Soon.

"Come out, come out." Republic Engineering Republic Engineering

Current Fleet:
x2 Bulwark Mark III Battle Cruisers
"The Creature" - Condition: Better than the slaves that died.
"The Tear" - Condition: Pristine
Hangar bays:
x5 Squadrons of Bandit-Class Starships(12)
Objective: Press on. Board Kuat Drive Yards ring

Tags: Alyson Halle Alyson Halle Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Draconis Caesar Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Josiah Miller @Whoever else...

" Incoming fighters Captain!" one of the crew on the deck shouted and sounded alarms to battle stations. As soon as the alarms went off the order was halted. " NO! You will do nothing. They wont attack the ship without first murdering our precious innocent cargo. We are safe-" Kezeroth was interrrupted by his senses buzzing. Not quite the inherent trait by his biological make up but rather it was a gift from more cosmic origins. Throughout his two and a half kiloyears of living there was no doubt in his mind that this feeling, this sensation was Danger. Partial disbelief rooted itself into his mind as the ship suddenly jolted and rocked under the light bombardment of the incoming fighters. Looking around a wide smile was fixed over his covered visage. One could not see it but you could definitely feel it. The crew on the bridge frozen slowly began to mimic this suggested expression. They all knew what this meant. Blood was spilled. Credits were lost.

" Shields have taken light damage as well as the dorsal region of the hull." His eyes shifted to the view port as bodies of the newly diseased drift off into the abyss of space frozen and cold. The slaves. The bombing run was a mere warning and was at the cost of the lives kezeroth had strategically placed in some of the pods across the ship. While the hums, chatter of the crew and muffled sounds of combat continued the Armored captain could only manage to observe the fate of those now lost. His hand fell on the comms once more.
" Attacking vessels congratulations. Your just as much as a monster as I am. Tell me how does it feel to murder hundreds of lives and not be any closer to your goals of disabling my karking ship!" Orange eyes honed in on the swarm of fighters right out side his ships. As sudden as the message was it then ended. Despite his relaxed and sarcastic attitude about this combative situation these incoming vessels were indeed a threat and now had to be dealt with. Underneath the mass of armor collect apon him form a twitch the jungle of corded muscles and nerves awoke within. An eye opening up ti the reality of the present. The death, destruction and desolation of what had occurred only moments ago. Taking hold of any and all lingering negative feels the Captain made sure to dive into each and everyone of them. A dark voyage had commenced and he was now its conduit. Its anchor. Mentally he latched on to the sources like a mynock hooked on to a vessel in deep space. " Whiteout. Enact whiteout protocols." The crew gave no response verbally and immediately began. "The Creature" and "The Tear's" signalling systems whined and wailed in unison within the adjacent sector of space they were resident in. Power from ventral weapons forcibly overwritten to divert into countermeasure protocols. Irradiating from the ships in waves the signal emitted was activated. IFF Confuser. This was only the beginning. " Activate the next set of code." Another command of ordered and at the press of a key another pulse emitted in frequency. The IFF Confusers would be enough of an edge to give them the time they needed. Hostile ships in range of their own vessels would soon find it quite difficult to use targeting systems and smart guidance for another direct attack. " Create an open feed back loop and continue to run the program till we arrive."

"If they come in for another bombing run you know what to do." Heaving heavy steps thumped down the the bridge as teal clad boots connected with durasteel flooring. With a hiss and spout of smoke the door to one of the many ship hallways opened and their Captain left. His movements were quick and sharp. He knew exactly where he was going. At the end of the long corridor his walk ended and his destination sat before him. A seal room. Opening a metal hatch and peeking inside through a small view port the sight of a used bacta jar riveted his senses. Giving him a chill of warning and excitement. Its contents were putrid in coloration. A black mess of goop lay in side. Whatever its original contents were they had been discarded.
"To the Captain of the two Slaver vessels. I come to you with an offer. I have no idea what you want, but as it is I have no way of morally stopping you. I wish to challenge you to an honor duel. If you win, I will allow you to take any one ship currently under construction at these shipyards, to be payed for out of my estate. If you lose, I want you and your forces to leave this place." It was a challenge. No. It was better. An open invitation to board the ring. Armored gauntlets grips the door sealed in front of him and with a pull it came off from its hinges sounding an alarm in the halls. A minor safety alert twas all. Entering the room and gentling gripping the jar the armored titan shifted the mass of his hand causing it to expland past his armors limits and break off. Like quicksand the jar sank into the right limb intill it could no longer be seen. Tendrils in the form of a fist now stood in place of a gauntlet.

" This is Mr. Hate. Captain of The Creature. I accept your challenge and raise you higher. I will release all my slaves if you win. If I win I get free reign and choosing of what ship I want." The message was ended immediately after. Another chill was jetted into his senses. It came from his arm and traveled about. Looking at his bracer the two vessels would soon arrive to the ring within minutes and no one would now hinder there progress. " Hmm?" A silent alarm sounded from one of the lower decks near a hangar bay. A salve pod had been opened. Sub-sector 8C. "Gaah. What is this?" He pondered what or who would do this. " 8C. Sub-Sector 8C. Who opened the prisoner cell?"

Little did Kezeroth know that he had been betrayed...

"We are nearing Kuats Ring, Captain. Five hundred meters to go."

" Good prepare to dock.."

Kaito stroked his goatee in thought as he pondered his fellow Senators’ suggestion. The Sith would be a terrific fall man should things start to fall apart completely. With the battle quickly coming to a close the Republic was no closer to holding Kuati space. He feared that peace may be too prevalent on his colleagues’ mind when it should have been the unlawful occupation of the Jedi Lord and his Imperium. But he masked his feelings with a poker face, much like he masked his entire being in the swirling tides of Darkness and Suspicion that was common in politically dire times such as these. The mistrust, the anger, the sadness…It was like hiding a Vong in the Undercity. Nothing seemed out of place…Especially with the Sith Lord wreaking havoc somewhere on the planet. The bed was already made, all he had to do was fall in it.

“I doubt it Senator Solborne. At least not this far into the Core Worlds. Skirmishes along their and the Silver Sanctum’s borders have kept them plenty busy.” The Sith would be too obvious. If they were to take the fall it needed to be their idea. The suggestion to move the group to a more secure location was tempting…And he could potentially use the riot to his advantage. But frankly if they were watching this unfold even he wasn’t safe the way things were going. Mere seconds however after the Queen’s suggestions the King spoke again to tell them all that he’d somehow broken the jamming.

“How did you get through the jamming so quickly?” He asked the Jedi King, adding a layer of suspicion to his voice for good measure. “Not even tight beam was getting through and a courier still would have taken a few hours at least…” He crossed his arms and leaned closer to his fellow Senator and whispered to her.

“Remember why we are here…We don’t want to walk aimlessly into a trap with this Jedi King. Peace would be nice, but the Republic needs the loyalty of those shipyards…”

Fable Solborne P Placeholder 0128 Faith Organa Faith Organa Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Dak Dak Denzul Yorkell @

Objective: Arrest Bernard
Equipment: Aspis Combat shield, Lightsaber
Tags: Bernard of Arca
For your pleasure

For a few seconds, it seemed like Lanik had been speaking to the air itself, as if the Arkanian was deadset on escalating the situation. Lips dry, anticipation eating at his being, knowing that if the Arkanian wanted he could attempt to kill Lanik while he was unarmed, yet he hadn’t. Which meant there was still a chance? The relaxation of the Arkanian’s muscles said there was, the look down, contemplation perhaps? Whatever it was, Lanik was simply thankful that there be no more need for violence. His own body relaxing more he waited for the other to take his outstretched hand. One second, two, eventually time no longer had any meaning as the environment seemed to slow around the two. Air escaped Lanik’s lungs as a chill sunk into his bones.

“Pathetic” The words struck Lanik like a gunship. The air of finality behind them spoke magnitudes of the Arkanian’s intentions. An invisible blow hit Lanik square in his chest, so caught off-guard by the words of the other he had no chance to throw up a defense of his own. Suddenly what had once been the ground turned into the sky for the human. He stared at the sod covered earth, as he slammed into it bouncing and careening further down the hill.

A second impact this time on Lanik’s shoulder, it was only by the will of the force that the pour Jedi hadn’t landed on his neck and broken it. Time continued to move at a snail’s pace for the spacer. Every ache in his body magnified. The shoulder he’d only recently popped back into place burning from the collision with solid ground. His nose throbbing as fresh streams of blood retreated from each nostril making breathing a more difficult endeavor. His chest stinging from the telekinetic strike that had caused the fall. What hurt more than all of these things combined was that there hadn’t been the chance for reconciliation. The worst pain of all was having to resign himself to fighting a fellow brother in the light.

Time returned to normal for the Jedi as before the third and final impact came, he shifted his weight, utilizing the momentum to carry himself into a back tuck. Feet meeting the grass Lanik continued to skid another meter till coming to a stop. A new cut adorned the human’s head, right above his eyebrow, his lip busted, and most of his robes had been torn during the fall. What had once been pristine Jedi robes had been shredded to where the upper left portion of them had been torn free revealing Lanik’s skin to the light. The caucasian skin stood out against the beige robes, his rounded shoulders and chest rising and falling as he tried to steady himself. Casting a glance up the Jedi was welcomed by the sight of the Arkanian who was already plunging down towards him. The saber was activated and pulled back. The other truly intended to kill Lanik.

Falling through the sky the Arkanian invoked imagery of a ghostly specter coming to reap one's soul. The cape billowing behind them, the stark white hair, the penetrating gaze. Were Lanik any less of a Jedi he perhaps would’ve felt fear at this. Was this the type of Jedi that the Imperium took in? Those who sought violence more than resolution? That would sooner turn on a brother or sister in arms than listen to reason? Just what had Grayson done to them?

“I’m sorry.” The phrase mumbled beneath Lanik’s breath as his left arm crossed over to his right shoulder. A thought sent a tendril of energy to the combat shield Lanik wore on it, and in an instant, a golden Thyrissian shield sprung to life. A gift from a Thyrissian warrior, one that Lanik was thankful that he always wore.

With the Arkanian Jedi closing the distance Lanik’s arm lashed out to meet the saber. Bring his right arm back out and to the right, the exterior of the shield clashed with the other Jedi’s saber sending it off course. Shifting forward seeing the opening the Arkanian had unknowingly or unwillingly left open, Lanik’s right fist came up in an uppercut from below, his very being was poured into the punch itself. The force bolstered Lanik’s attempt, telekinetic energy hummed around the appendage as more energy was poured into it. The fist rose up for the area right beneath the Arkanian’s ribs in what many knew as a kidney shot. On impact the telekinetic energy released with a deafening shriek.

There were very few things Lanik was good at, some said to be in his twenties and a Jedi made him a failure. At least in the face of many of the other Jedi in the galaxy becoming knighted in their teens. Some would say that he was inept in his studies of history. Yet one thing they could never take away from him was that he was a great warrior.

Dorian Sevanar

D
Objective : Disable the Enemy Bullwarks
Tag : Grrwunhoooll Agaburry Grrwunhoooll Agaburry
  • 1 Praetorian-Class Star Destroyer
  • 2 Pelleaon-III Class Star Destroyers
  • 3 Compellor-Class Cruisers
  • 10 Tie Interceptors Squadrons
  • 5 Tie Avenger Squadrons
  • 5 Tie Heavy Bomber Squadrons

Adam Versili and his men watched as the First bombing run was launched against the Bullwark MkIII. They were completely surprised at seeing the bodies of dead slaves drifting through space initially thinking that the enemy had been bluffing and that their trick was an illusion. Now Admiral Versili had been proven wrong and the Directorate had killed many innocent slaves. A minor step-back Versili thought , nos that he understood the true situation of the conflict he decided to make his next move. "The Enemy Commander is smart , but not smart enough. Fire all Ion Cannons doing so will only affect the Battlecruiser and will not kill anyone or atleast that's what i hope. Hopefully we can disable that Battlecruiser with harming only a minimum amount of Slaves. "

However in the meantime Adam Versili decided to move his fleet between the Kuat Drive Yards and the enemy fleet intending to block the enemy ship's way and to protect the KDY and ensure that any enemy ship would not make it to the KDY and would get destroyed if they attempted to break through Versili's Forces. Meanwhile Directorate Fighters and Bombers moved forth and began circling the Battlecruisers seeking to find a vulnerable area for the Battlecruisers. With the enemy ships moving forth toward the KDY Adam Versili sent a message to Josiah Miller. "Josiah , prepare your men. You are to board the enemy lead battlecruiser and capture it before it reaches the Drive Yards"

• Angry
Reactions: Dak

Chief/IC-104

C
Objective: Free the slaves
Allies: Imperium

Chief sat in the cockpit of the FC-115 stealth ship flanked by Hacks. He was acting as co-pilot during their endeavour towards the enemy vessel labeled as "The Tear". As they floated through space in the stealth craft the commandos had labeled "The Final Act" they casually drifted past the picket line The Directorate forces had set up in hopes of stopping the pirates. Off in the distance IC-104 watched as brilliant lights of a hundred different colors raced between Imperium and Republic vessel's. Chief noticed most the Imperium ships refused to even respond. Simply letting their shields take the brunt of the one sided exchange. Chief thought the lights of the fire were like a painting of colors.

One which ended in a explosive illustration that would make even the greatest of artist jealous. The detonations becoming a hundred different new stars in their view port. Such a beautiful image for such an evil act. Chief couldn't help but think of the countless lives lost in those flames. A hundred lives lost in a instance, he heard their screams in his mind's eye. Or, perhaps it was the screams of the innocents he had murdered in the name of The Empire. Either way it made Chief shutter, sending chills of terror up his spine. Chief drolly watched it all in what he felt was, his first understandings of fear, as a clone his programming usually over rode these feelings once orders were dispensed. But now, now, they acted on their own and the true meaning of life lost was understood. And it terrified Chief. The call of the beyond...

"...Chief, Chief! Are you listening to me?!?"

Chief's thoughts were interrupted by Hack's worried voice and he quickly realized his brother had been speaking to him for some time. His gaze lingered on the death the Republic wrought a moment longer than slowly shifted to Hacks. He saw his brother's own helmeted gaze and in the dim blue illumination of Hacks T visor he could make out his eyes. In them was not fear, but a look of determination. A look that spoke of his brothers determination to see those slaves freed, to see life go on, despite all the death around them. Chief shook the fear from his mind, inspired by his brothers on bravery. Or perhaps it was foolishness. Either way IC-104 promised himself he would do what was right. No matter the fear bubbling in his mind, or the end that possibly awaited them...

"We're about to land in one of their hangars. I've set the ship to auto pilot... We should go get Rev and Arson..."

Chief silently nodded then with a flick of the wrist and extended index and middle finger he motioned for Hacks to take point. He followed his brother into the personnel housing and saw his other two brothers still clad in armor, always battle ready. Their helmets were off and Rev spoke hautily.

"I hope these slaver trash know what they just got themselves into!"

His tone carried a sense of anger that seemed always present. But, it seemed only now did Chief truly notice. Arson chimed in happily

"I don't care how ready they are, because I doubt their as ready as I am to meet that buxom Twi'lek!"

Arson's last words became slightly muffeled as he slipped his helmet over his head. Chief watched his brother put on his head piece carefully. He noticed a hint of grey at the edges of the man's hair and Chief couldn't help but think, had it truly been so long since the Empire raised it's clone armies over Kamino... Chief shook his head again, half because he was about to deliver bad news to Arson... And half because he couldn't help but try to shake the feeling that he and his brothers time was waining...

"Sorry Arson, but you're on guard duty. Make sure the ship is still operable by the time we get done..."

Chief was interrupted by the mechanical remming of the landing gears extending, followed by a slight jarring sensation as it touched ground. He connected his HUD's feed to the ships camera mounted relay then began again as the jarring stopped.

"Hacks and Rev, you're with me... I see a small hangar station which undoubtedly holds a terminal where we can download the ships schematics at and get a better read out of the ships where abouts... Any questions?"

Chief scanned his brothers, looking to see if they showed any sign of backing down, of fear. But, none of them seemed scared. None of them would run. It was their time to do what was good. To do what was righteous. Chief nodded then took lead, heading towards the drop ramp. As he, Rev, and Hacks filled towards the now descending gang plank Arson called out from behind them.

"Just be sure to bring a babe back for me okay!"

Grrwunhoooll Agaburry Grrwunhoooll Agaburry

Last edited by a moderator:

Fable Solborne

F
Alderaan
Aldera City
Peace Talks
================================
Things were beginning to spiral. It was rapidly turning into a disaster beyond what anyone had expected. They had feared a war, but this was something else entirely. Beyond the scale of anything she had imagined. However, it was spiraling. That means things were moving. When things moved, there were opportunities. It was a chance to move in and disrupt the spiral of what was happening. But it needed careful, decisive action. She rubbed her chin as all the different comments and suggestions came in. They needed to control the situation. No, that wasn't right. The situation was out of their hands. But she could control her own response.

The question was what did she value? What did the Republic, that she represented, value? Peace. Democracy. Individual liberty. The flourishing of individual worlds through the interplanetary community. She rubbed her chin, filtering out what was useful and what wasn't. Mostly, what she heard wasn't. But she prioritized them regardless.

"Your majesty," Fable said as she turned to speak to Faith Organa Faith Organa . "You are correct. Sending in the military to quell the protests would wrong. We in the Republic do not stand for such a thing. And you are correct, it would be vulnerable to move our meeting to somewhere isolated. It's what might be expected." She paced, fingers now interlaced behind her back. "We have to think outside our usual patterns of behavior and protocol. And I wish I could share your belief in the impossibility of attacking a hospital. But we have seen in recent history the ruthlessness of those who would assault democracy and our ideals of freedom and justice. If anything, a hospital might be a more tempting target. But this is more than a physical battle. It is one of ideology. Will we in power isolate ourselves from our people and their concerns?"

This was said with a look to Venandi Venandi . "I think not. We are part of the people and must be connected to them and their concerns." She shook her head after a moment. "I think it is better for us to stay here. Things have focalized here. Why remove ourselves from the crisis that our actions have precipitated? It's what so many would expect of us. This crisis will be the rallying point for many groups in the next several months. We must act in a way that shows our commitments to our principles and our beliefs."

"Thank you, P Placeholder 0128 for resolving that. That helps immensely. And I believe you are correct. These new fleet elements are concerning." Fable paused and stared at the info readouts again before turning to Maou Maou . "He used the Force to get in contact. A valuable skill to have in such a crisis." The last words concerned her and she stepped in closer to speak in his ear. "You are incorrect, Senator Kiyoshi. We do not need shipyards. We need people to believe in our cause and to trust us. Those are far more crucial to the Republic than manufacturing. And I would never put it past the Sith to subtly influence things beyond their borders. Handful of intelligence agents would be all it needs."

She paced the edges of the room again. "Detain, Denzul Yorkell? No, I think not. Only if they actively causing harm and making credible threats. I would greatly prefer to invite their spokesperson or leader in and have a civil discussion. They believe we have come to control these worlds and exploit them. Historically, they have a right to be concerned. The previous Republics were known for corruption and greed permeating them at the highest levels and any government with the word empire or imperium has been known to resort to authoritarianism and resource exploitation." She stopped and surveyed the room. "My friends, we fight not against riots and foreign agents, but the legacies of our predecessors and fears of the people we wish to serve. They are not our enemies. Even these agents are not necessarily our enemies. Somehow the information of our meeting and its location was leaked to them. I think they did not acquire it themselves."

The woman returned to the center table and leaned against it. "Which begs the question. Who got them the intel? Who informed the Sith in the other city, if that's what is going on? Who is he and why is he here?" She pulled up a map of the two governments. "We must reframe our question. Who would benefit from us fighting a war in the Core? Even knowing that it couldn't have lasted long, they knew this would keep us busy."

Lines highlighted the spheres of influence for the governments and she gestured to them. "Let's start looking for patterns, information, anything that indicates a change in behavior since this crisis began." She bit her lip and stared at the display. "My guess is in the Core and Deep Core. As pointed out, the Sith are a bit far away to be concerned and no other involved governments would benefit."

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a comlink. "This is Senator Solborne. I suggest intelligence agencies start looking for increased behavioral patterns in the Core and Deep Core areas. Redirect resources away from Kuat and Alderaan. Somebody knew this would get our attention. Find out who is taking advantage. Solborne out."

"So, friends, whom else might profit from this?"

Denzul Yorkell

D
Objective : Help find a peaceful agreement
Tags : Fable Solborne | P Placeholder 0128 | Maou Maou | Venandi Venandi | Faith Organa Faith Organa

So, friends, whom else might profit from this?

The Question posed from Fable Solborne wasn't a necessarily hard one. The Directorate's Presence throughout the galaxy had begun slowly growing and the DIB , the Directorate's own Intelligence Organization had eyes nearly everywhere with moles within almost every single faction. From that the Directorate was able to gain intel on various factions including many unknown and disregarded factions whom posed a much more bigger threat then it seemed. However with this question Denzul Yorkell had an answer , only 1 single group can be responsible for this. The Sith.

"The Lord Imperator is right Senator Solborne , the Sith are responsible. Do not forget that Sith crave for Conflict and are experts in manipulation , the Sith Empire itself might not be directly involved but think proxies. The Sith possess many Proxies throughout the Galaxy as shown in the Outer Rim in which the Sith launch continuous attacks against the Outer Planets Alliance through the use of Proxies and yet the Eastern Core Worlds are vulnerable to Sith Proxy Attacks. Through the use of these proxies the Sith are able to expand their reach from the Tingel Arm to the far reaches of the Outer Rim at the other side of the galaxy and given that , the Core is not safe from their onslaught. This is the very reason the Grayson Imperium had been established , to fight back against these proxies threatening the Core Worlds and to defend it from the wraith and influence of the Sith"

"As for our agents here , they are nothing but Sith Proxies and a ever-growing threat to our interests here on Alderaan and pose a threat to the security of the citizens of this planet. For this i believe they must be dealt with swiftly and quickly for they might expand their influence on this planet and if we appease these proxies they will exploit it and use that to their advantage and for their own mischievous plans." Denzul was serious when he spoke. Whoever sent this message posed a clear threat to the peace-talks and had to be dealt with or everyone here would pay the price for it as Evil only triumphs when good men do nothing.

Objective: Peace Talks

Fable Solborne, Maou Maou , Faith Organa Faith Organa , Venandi Venandi

Tension was an organic failing, one attributed to the primal anxiety that came with the possibility of danger. Not for the first time, Cedric found himself envying droids. It was fortunate that Fable Solborne spoke for him, defusing that tension before it grew into something they could no longer control. The Jedi breathed a quiet sigh, nodding in agreement with the senator.

"One of my apprentices is protecting Lady Elane Kuat. Our bond is very strong, and allows for some level of telepathic communication so long as we are not across the galaxy from one another," he explained, hoping that further divulgence of details would put Maou Maou at ease. He and the senator were doing far too much whispering.

He fell silent then, listening attentively as the senator spoke. It seemed she put her ideals above wanton desires for expansion, something he related with quite strongly. "The senator is correct, Denzul Yorkell." He added, quite uncertain as to just how he felt about the Directorate. They'd cropped up offering help in exchange for repatriation, though they'd begun to act before an official reply could be given. "Detaining the people would be oppression. So long as no one is being hurt, we've no right to keep them from speaking their minds, even if we don't like it."

It certainly would have been easier to do so, but Cedric was no longer a boy. Such callous and simpleminded solutions were a slippery slope toward more violent measures.

"I would still put my money on the Sith. This has their handiwork written all over it. They never fight fairly, always seeking to sow dissent in chaos in our ranks, taking advantage of our compassionate and trusting natures. That being said, there are other groups that might stand to profit." He turned toward the map that had been outlined, a hand rising to rest beneath the chin of his helmet. Looked a bit odd, but old habits rarely died.

"We knew of the Vulptereen nationalist front's presence before we arrived. Lady Elane informed us of their arrival - they're a violent species' supremacy group that don't take kindly to those outside of their race, though they've been known to collude with the Sith before." He gestured toward Vulpter, a little blip on the map within the Imperium's domains. "We dealt with their armies on Vulpter, but remnants have been causing trouble across Imperium space for weeks. They're not smart enough to pull something like this off alone though." The Vulptereens were famed for their dim-witted nature.

"If I had to guess? Either the Sith or the Confederacy have funded several dissident groups to pit us against one another, and likely trained them as well. The Sith want those who oppose them divided, and the CIS are led by their kind. For all their talk of equality and understanding, it's more likely they'd want to see us wane so that they might claim the core for themselves. Their ambition has proven itself to be apathetic toward the plight of those that stand in their way in the past."

He keyed on his helmet's comms, allowing chatter and a data feed from Imperium TACCOM to reach him. It didn't look good. Several smaller vessels had been destroyed, as well as damage to the unshielded sections of the ring. Casualty ratings were beginning to number in the low hundreds. It was difficult to tell just exactly what was causing those tallies.

"I'm getting reports of a slavers' contingent engaging with Imperium forces over the shipyard. Reports on Republic fleet actions are muddled. We didn't come here expecting war senator, my people are being slaughtered and our ships torn apart: can you confirm that your fleet has stood down?"

Cataline Holt

C
Objective: Get Stuck in Riots? Escape said Riots?
Tags: Steve Holt Steve Holt

Cataline watched in horror as riots began to spread. Streams of black smoke began to pillow out of the city. How in the galaxy did a peaceful protest turn violent? Perhaps this was some twisted, sick reality check for the young woman. Her dreams of a peaceful life was quietly getting crushed.

But her blue-green eyes stared as Steve Holt Steve Holt used his rocket boot things in the air to try to find her. He came? She hadn't expected him too - he was always so busy with his tech, batteries, and other nerdy stuff that she didn't even know the names of. Why did he come? Probably to keep an eye out for her, knowing him. She almost scowled but a weak smile couldn't escape her lips.

"I can't believe it," she whispered in response to Steve's observation - indeed, it wasn't going well. Or peaceful. It had quickly fallen apart after the blasterfire. Steve suggested leaving and letting the police handle it. They were prepping, for sure, with tear gas and other painful stuff to get the crowds in control.

"Yeah, let's go," she practically whimpered with the look of a major defeat. There wasn't nothing else she could do. Her famed silver-tongue failed her, and with that... Well, it was just a risk. And as the Alderaanian authorities would have to take control of the situation after all. "Look out!" She muttered as she pushed Steve to the side as a piece of metal flew by both of their heads, smashing into the wall of the museum. "Great, we're at the throwing things."

The Jedi's leg connected with the Dark Being's center of mass, a deep grunt signifying that the blow had squarely connected with the person underneath. Despite the accuracy of the hit, it only pushed the Being back half a foot; boots scraping against the pavement. Yet, it would give the Jedi the opening he had sought in pulling the Phobis Device towards his mangled hand, the diamond-shaped object tumbled end over end through the open air.
And like a viper's bite the Dark Being's hand snatched out to grab it as it passed by him, fingers enclosed around the artifact's crystalline body.
ֆօ ɛǟɢɛʀ. ȶɦɛ ռɨɢɦȶ'ֆ ʄɛֆȶɨʋɨȶɨɛֆ ɦǟʋɛ օռʟʏ ʝʊֆȶ ɮɛɢʊռ, ʏօʊռɢ ʝɛɖɨ.
He displayed the device aloft in his open palm, the artifact sinking through the leather of his glove and into the flesh of his hand. Purple energy could be seen coursing beneath the Being's clothes, traveling up the arm before settling square in the chest. Violent discharges of electricity danced about the Being's form, constantly self-terminating in an endless dance.
աօʊʟɖ ʏօʊ ɖɛքʀɨʋɛ օʊʀ ɢʊɛֆȶ օʄ ɦɨֆ ȶɦʀɨֆȶ?
The hand that devoured the Phobis Device was against raised, the same crackling sphere of energy re-engulfing it to fill the air with an incessant throbbing dirge. Now, he aimed the sphere towards the Jedi and shards of brilliant energy the color of deepest sunset burst forth through the air like winged serpents. They zig-zagged randomly on a direct collision course with the Jedi's midsection, hungry to terminate in his flesh.

YP5QQ1m.gif

Friends: Dak Dak , Salamander Salamander , Cataline Holt
Possible Friends: Republic Engineering Republic Engineering , Kaleleon Kaleleon

A burgeoning team had started. It was a motley crew of unadulterated wisdom, primal instinct, logical processes, and compassion. Differences were shorn quickly as they came together to fight the good fight, one that was no longer with one another. Lan knew how soldiers worked, especially the special forces types. It had been far too long since he'd been among their kind before, and inaction was the dying song of their specific breed of warrior. They were fighters, choosers, the ones making decisions on gut feelings and limited intelligence.

The Jedi here, though, they'd merely get in their way. A shrug and a sigh of relief flooded Lan as the topic quickly shifted to fit back on track.

Lan nodded hurriedly, a determined gaze steeling his otherwise soft features. "Yes, let us make haste. I fear dawdling here will spell unfortunate tidings for the diplomatic procession."

The Jedi Master shifted and prepared to move quickly, gesturing for the other Jedi to follow. Casimir was a familiar face, albeit a fairly recent addition to their Order. Wise and set in tradition, he was all the more valuable to providing insight on their methods. As for the younger one, he seemed headstrong and passionate about doing the right thing. Unsurprising considering his youth, but very eager to prove himself and get the job done. A fine lad.

"Walk while we talk. Let's move, boys and girls."

A Light Shining in Darkness
The Phobis Device had found a new home - in the chest of this enemy, glowing and cruel as it was. Wyatt damned the man with every fibre of his willing body, but not because of the danger he posed - but the decision he was forcing Wyatt to make. Pacifism was his choice, to not kill unless forced - and it seemed that choice was stricken from him, and that the only movement forward was to take from the man the one thing that could save the city.​
No!”, he cried out as his lightsaber burst to life once more - but it was his free hand that caught the lightning. Destroyed as his hand was - it burned to lift and move, as blood trickled down from the flesh canyons splintering between blackened skin. Wyatt cried out as he absorbed that lighting, brought it into himself to hold -​
And then let it back at the Sith before him.​
With a pained grunt, the hot white edges of the Force surged from his fingertips and snapped through the air between them - focused solely on the Sith. A thunderous clap announced the power of the move, magnified through Wyatt’s own body - but it came at a cost; one perhaps the Sith could not see.​
It was corruption. Slight as it was, magnifying the power of the Dark Side through himself was more dangerous than anything else, once nearly falling to the Dark Side. Through his cracked fingers, he could feel that corruption, knew that so long as he channeled the opponents energy - he would lose more than this fight.​
So he grit his teeth, and he swung - heavy and hard lightsaber swings to drive the Sith back, over and under - back and forth, waiting for his opportunity to lash out and drive his blade into the Phobis device. When the opportunity presented itself… If the opportunity presented itself..​

Alderaan // Aldera City // Palace District // Near the Museum of Antiquities
Objective: Stop the Assassination Attempt
Tags: Republic Engineering Republic Engineering Kaleleon Kaleleon Avo Avo Salamander Salamander

The droid listens in silence as an audio-only broadcast of the hijacked transmission plays through his internal comms, keeping his pacing with Sigma Squad and the Jedi accompanying them as he does. Everything was falling into place now, and with the conclusion of the broadcast the few details that hadn't quite added up finally made sense to him.

The Imperium's Ministry of Intelligence had assumed the Vulptereen insurgency to be behind the scheme Dak had been dispatched to stop. It was clear to the automaton now that they had been wrong.

"
The M.O.I. intercepted an unidentified transmission approximately 17 hours ago," he begins, making sure to remain vigilant of their surroundings as the group moves from cover to cover while en route to the Museum "they were unable to confirm the source of the message, but learned that hostile agents intended to infiltrate the border dispute in order to assassinate an unconfirmed Republic representative and frame it on the Imperium."

Pausing his explanation, Dak presses himself against the corner of a building as they arrive at a street intersecting their route. He looks back to the commandos, pulling his
BR-212 tight to his chassis. "We believed a band of nationalist insurgents from Vulpter were responsible, they have been an active threat in our territory for the last few months," with another pause he turns and drops to a knee, aiming his rifle down the road to check for targets - a few civilians can be seen running in the distance, fleeing the scene unfolding at the museum. The droid continues from his position, "their motive made sense, but such a bold operation seemed outside of their capabilities."

Satisfied that there was no immediate threat, Dak pulls himself back behind cover and faces the Null again "
This broadcast confirms my suspicions, Lieutenant. Whoever this organization is, they must be the ones responsible for the message M.O.I. intercepted." His receptors shift momentarily from the Null to each of the Jedi, "We must prevent this assassination if nothing else, but we must also do our best to capture one of their agents alive. One misfire between our naval forces and our success here may very well be the only thing capable of stopping a war. Any information we can extract from this organization could be vital in proving the innocence of our respective people."

The truth was, Dak had no prejudice between the citizens of the Imperium or the Republic. Despite how it appeared, he held no formal position within the Lord-Imperator's realms. His allegiance was simply to House Grayson itself and had been for as long as he could remember. Of course, within those fragmented memories he could distinctly remember a time when an allegiance to the Graysons was synonymous with an allegiance to the Galactic Republic, albeit an ancient predecessor now. If anything, the droid saw this as an excuse to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
HcFRix9.png

Location: Heading towards the Kuat Shipyard Defensive Formation | Leaving GAR AO |
Objectives: Disable Lead Ship Engines | Fall back to Defend if need be |
Friendly Tags: COMETs | Max Darksun | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Synthia Fellstarr | Andien Gale Andien Gale |
Enemy Tags: Imperium Space Forces | Alyson Halle Alyson Halle |

For a short moment, Kade was separated from the space battle that was raging ahead in front of the formation. They had not yet been engaged, so he quietly enjoyed the peace of space while he could. As quick as the moment came, it vanished. The "silence" inside his X-90 was disrupted by his Flight Commander, Synthia Fellstarr. Her almost fire red hair was the first thing he saw in his array of tools and then she was speaking to the whole flight at a moment's notice. Orders from top ( Andien Gale Andien Gale ) to head towards the defensive formation around the Kuat Shipyards, break through their semicircle defensive formation, and destroy the lead ship's engines.

It SOUNDED simple coming from those managing thousands of meters worth of destroyers and assault carriers, but it was most definitely the opposite. As the flight maintained their wedge formation and increased speed towards the battle that raged on, the gravity of the situation was truly felt.

Turbolasers.

Laser cannons.

The assault carriers? Not a problem. Easily taken out and easy for something to get up close. The destroyers? Extreme. Thousands of turbolasers and point defense measures. The Mirialan was almost visibly taken aback by it. Nonetheless, he attempted to keep his composure and press on.

::BB, get us lower to those ships. Under them almost. Engage all stealth suite measures. When we get within 195m of our target concentrate power to weapons and engines while keeping the stealth measures engaged::

The astromech beeped over their comlink in reply. It was almost sad for the Mirialan to watch the regular starfighters of the Republic engage the formation above. No sort of stealth at all. They knew you were there, you knew they were there. And the cannons had you outnumbered 1000 to 1. You just had to get the one shot.

As he evaded the shrapnel of starfighters being destroyed above, Kade pressed the comlink button his trigger and looked over out of his starboardside window, speaking into the microphone to Max Darksun.

::How we holding up over there, Red Comet Three? All good. It's gonna get less hectic when we get past those two cruisers. They've gotta be at least 2000 turbolasers combined. The one in the back we're headed for? Probably just for management and show.

He said, laughing and disengaging the comlink as he waited for a response. He knew it wasn't for show. He knew it was a Leviathan.

Allies: Alderaan
Enemies: Whomever volunteers
Objective: Behave, watch the dance, decide what next
Accessories: in profile

He bounced on the balls of his feet nearly unable to contain his excitement. It had been far too long since he had enjoyed himself, and he had quite the convincing feeling he would find this day enthralling at the very least. The beskad twirled in his hand almost absently as he closed the distance between himself and the fighters engaged in combat. He grew close enough to be registered yet not near enough to miss likely be classified as friend or foe. He was more of a benign observer or perhaps even a morbidly interested spectator. Either way he was nearing the point of interjection. And here he was undecided as to just what he would do.

Even as he watched he felt the flow of battle in the Force. The tide of power ebbed and surged with passionate darkness and determined light. The eternal war of good and evil, at its most basic ideology, filtered out from the embittered and inflamed beings who each believed they were doing the necessary thing. It was enlightening to watch the subtle effect the fight was beginning to wane upon them both.

One accepted the very Device that had called to Muad, melding it into his form with pure acceptance. Tendrils of power manifested from the Dark Lord's body, a force almost more released upon his foe than controlled. Undeniable in its destructive power it lashed out at the Jedi with no qualms against the carnage it was about to meet out upon flesh.

The Jedi was perhaps even more interesting. Initially he was the one to perhaps instigate the situation from a scenario of words to a situation of action with such a diminutive decision as activating his lightsaber first. Amusing somewhat to Muad that often it was Jedi that were first to ignite their weapons and the situation. However, he would forgive the Jedi his decision to escalate in the face of the facts of the Sith Lord's arrival.

And the two men that had been separated ever so remotely by the distance affording kick, were once more conjoined in battle as a circuit of power filtered between the two in impressive fashion that both enlightened the clearing while dazzling the eyes. There was even the hint of barbeque scent afforded those near enough to witness the dangerous dance the two participated in.

But despite the entertainment value of the fight, the tantalizing effects of the Phobis Device, and the beautifully choreographed visual fireworks offered through the Force he knew that he really should intercede. Yet things were just beginning to heat up and get interesting.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Objective: Peace

Tags: Fable Solborne | P Placeholder 0128 | Venandi Venandi | Denzul Yorkell | Maou Maou

The broadcast could not be ignored Faith listened to it quite intently it was as if the speaker had taken the words from her dreams and found a way to utter them with the conviction in which she felt them.

Her head dropped down for a moment as she considered the speech. A sound in the room the sound of another voice drew her attention back to be in the room. The Senator was agreeing with her on a couple of points, staying put and not sending the mlitary. "I will send my son out to talk to the protesters to see if he can find leaders and speak with them."

The museum a symbol of knowledge, of culture and of expression. It was not built for war or to be a bunker, but it would have to do.

She half laughed when the Sith were mentioned not because she thought it was funny but because why wouldn't it be the sith. "I think the Sith hate Alderaan but would they really come back a third time." Or was it a fourth by now. A slow sigh finally escaped her lips and she looked to each face in the room.

"It could be anyone who wishes to have control in the sector, or a show of force to be used later. There was at one time a hidden Sith element within the sector. We tried for months to find it and destroy. There were riots on Kuat then, and unrest here on Alderaan. That would give more leverage to your theory on it being the Sith."

She then looked up to the portraits in this room some she knew well others were just faces hung for posterity. What would they do now?

"I'm not sure about the CIS. Possible but I don't know Alderaan has friends or did have at one time friends within the CIS, Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat and...another whose name escapes me..." She shook her head, "there was a cartel as well at one point wanted to use our trade lanes for their....illegal goods. We told them no"

Who else could it be, who made sense. It was easy to say Sith as much as she liked the idea of pointing the finger at them. She wasn't sure it was them.

sXBFRx.gif
Wearing: Armatura | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | The Sofitor
Wielding: 8 Nozhi Blades | 1 Czerka knive | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Clarion | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke | Combat Gauntlets | 2 TOTT-001 Arc Light Blaster | 2 Dissuader KD-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Allies: Agents of Chaos
Enemies: Everyone else
Direct Tags: (people on Kuat) Kamyrin Gyvolis Kamyrin Gyvolis Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Kiber Dorn Kiber Dorn L Lucius Fendam+Let's Boogie!

re3GLA.png
Tossing another large handful of cubes into her mouth, Scherezade chewed with intensity as she listened to the comm from Kamyrin Gyvolis Kamyrin Gyvolis .

"Seems we have a few targets, security has gotten tighter, but with us and a few assets we should be able to shake the pot enough. I'll meet you at Manor 5, also sending some images, might be a headquarters for one of the parties intent on slowing down our chaos. But that aside don't forget to sow some chaos on the way, meet you their soon."

Manor 5. Scherezade wiped her cheesy hand on the side of her thigh and pressed some buttons, opening up the navigator to take her there. She wasn't going to pretend she knew Kuat's layout by heart; twice before she'd been on the planet, and neither of those times was she in this specific area.

Looking to her partner in the area, Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , the Sithling grinned. "It wasn't that safe back then either," she pointed out, "I totally remember coming to burn it down with the other purples, back when I was super duper young." She remembered that day. Happy day, before a certain furry was met, when she still had that first sister, and when they were both incredibly disappointed because they got stuck in a ship battle rather than on the ground, sticking their weapons with the pointy ends into various Mandalorians.

Still, Kuat in times of war was more or less how she was used to seeing it. Poor planet could never really catch a break; if it wasn't the New Republic, it was the Current Republic, and if it wasn't the Current Republic, it was the Ci… Corellian Confederation? And the Core Imperial Confederation? She was losing the tabs she had on the entire area. It didn't matter though; Kuat would never know peace and would never be able to solely focus on its ship building and economic expansion while large governments insisted on making it theirs and fought over it. This current war would, hopefully, be the last.

Her thought twirling was brought to an end by a stranger who came up to them to ask about is cat. Scherezade was a fierce warrior. Scherezade was a stronk warrior. She was tough and her body more than once used as the galaxy's best pin cushion. But one mention of a pet going lost melted her like marshmallows in the microwave, and the sympathetic look on her face was instant. No warning bells sounded in her head or body as the man came closer (or maybe they did but she didn't notice it).

"No," she shook her head, "but we can help you look for him! I'm good with animals. What's his name and-"

And there went her cheese cubes.

"HEY!" Scherezade screamed, realizing what had just happened. This was worse than the Toydarian Prince scam! "How dare you abuse an animal like that?!" she shouted.

But the shouting didn't help. Her bag was gone and with it, her cheese cubes.

"GET HIM! FRY HIM! TURN HIS SKIN INSIDE OUT!" she shouted, both to Jai and to Kam, though the commdevice, and broke into a rub after the man, "CHEESE CUBE THIEF!!!"

Tags: Republic Engineering Republic Engineering | Kaleleon Kaleleon | Dak Dak | Avo Avo

Following the ragtag group of Jedi and soldiers, Heliobas listened carefully to the droid's debriefing. The idea of capturing an Agent of Chaos intrigued him, if only because it was within his abilities to trick the terrorists into thinking he was one of them.

"I am a Shi'ido - a shapeshifter," he began. "If you have any images of known agents, I could take their form and infiltrate their group."

After what had happened on Kuat, he was no longer making any attempt to hide his true nature. For all that the Shi'ido were mistrusted for their natural abilities, he was certain that his allies would find that this unusual quirk's usefulness far outweighed its unsavory reputation.

Objective "Try to keep the peace" save the sister
Tags: Cataline Holt,
Relevant to me (maybe?): Alwine Daye Alwine Daye , Xenro Xenro ,

Steve looked at Cataline Holt apologetically as she said she couldn't believe it, shrugging, "You're just a bit more optimistic than I am I guess." He said. He heard Alwine Daye Alwine Daye speaking over the holograms of people, his eyes narrowed as she spoke, inciting revolution. She was fighting against both the Imperium and the Republic. And somehow, there were people actually buying it. He held out his hands looking at Cataline, then in a single moment of thought he shouted out, "Liars! Spies!" even if he could only spill a bit of doubt into the people nearby into the person who was clearly abusing the system in his mind. Steve wasn't really a tactician, but he was always using his head for some things. And while he didn't have the slicing prowess to figure out where she was at or how to completely get rid of what she'd said, he had at least the knowledge to know a single shout in a crowd from an average person like him could disrupt even a well done speech.

He looked at Cataline as she suddenly yanked him out of the way of a piece of metal,
"Holy kark! Thanks" He told her, then paused uncertainly glancing around, keeping himself ready to protect her if need be, "Well uh...where in the world do we go now? I didn't exactly plan an escape route and I don't know if my boots can carry both of us very far...or If I have that type of balance."

He grimaced apologetically at her, "Just gonna run out of this freaking city before it goes up in smoke or is there somewhere safe you know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom