Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jin' Tutai, The Forgemaster's Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
abe-taraky-stone-mason-ring-abe-taraky-01.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create an artifact usable by more ranged fighters.
  • Image Source: Here. Gifs are from Thor: Ragnarok.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: Darkshear
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Los Muertos
  • Affiliation: Scherezade deWinter
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: N/A

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Alchemized Beskar │ Electrum Accents │ Corusca Gem Inlays
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Instant Creation Parrallel Dark Side Swords
  • Minor Amplification of Dark Side Powers
Strengths:
  • The Endless Forge -
    ​A long time dream of Los Muertos and its singular craftsmen has been the endless pursuit of instant creation; though this is still far from complete. The Jin' Tutai is another stepping stone in this, as the ring allows its user to create Dark Side manifestations of weapons, from swords or spears that can be sent flying towards an enemy to either stab, maim, or kill. These swords are able to cut through most things, as they follow the same midnight purple haze as their cousin.

Weaknesses:
  • Taxing Assault -
    ​Although the assaults capable by the ring are eccentric and often times overwhelming, each sword takes twice as much energy to utilize than the equivilent dark side power if someone were to use it by itself. This means that it is strictly a burst style weapon, or something to be used carefully. Anyone not well accustomed to the ring can find themselves passing out from just a meager attack, rarely with anything to show for it.

[*]​Temporary Skirmish -
  • ​Each sword can do an excessive amount of damage by themselves, but each sword has a time limit before they dissipate and must be recreated. For the untrained, this can be around five or so seconds, though more adapt users find it about ten seconds, while masters of the ring can push fifteen to twenty seconds per sword before they fall apart.

[*]​Light Sided Heel -
  • ​While generally invicible due to its strong beskar foundation, amplified by sith alchemy, the ring can be destroyed by the dedicated assault of strong light sided powers such as force light. It may not be instant, but prolonged exposure will cause shatterpoints to form within the beskar and slowly push it to the point where it will no long hold its shape, simply crumbling as dust on the wearers finger.

DESCRIPTION

The Jin' Tutai, a ring for those who don't wish to carry the weight of numerous blades, but still choose to fight with them by their side. Made of heavy laden beskar blackened through sith magic, carved with runes learned through cruel experimentation, and coated with the luxury of electrum and corusca gems; the ring knows few equals in raw beauty and dangerous presence, as any who witness will notice not only its vexing attractiveness but a repulsive aura that drains from anyone's comfort. Its a long standing jewelry piece for the most worthy of the galaxy, though it is up to its owners to decide the next to hold its power.

Created through the use of strong alchemic means, the ring was forged through the use of The Darkstaff and numerous references through the galaxy. Most notably, the device was based off the legendary 'Dark Forge', though not in the sense that it amplifies already destructive creations, more that it creates temporary swords of pure dark side energy. Each sword is purple and hazy, dark and imposing, each carrying with them equal parts fear and intimidation for whoever is on the receiving end; though lesser skilled users will make blades more akin to sith warblades rather than their truest incarnation. That is to say, each blade is as morally damaging as they are physically; especially when exposed to overwhelming charges.

8312a1c70f2ef833a87eddaabb8222f4.gif

Near instant summoning of the blades allows for the user to either hold onto them at will, force them to disappear, or otherwise send them out to fight in a vaguely simple matter depending on the user. More duelist centrist fighters can use the swords as tricks, creating and dissipating swords in both hands at different times to confuse and disorientate an opponent; while more ranged opponents can create a number of the swords around them, sending them out to fight their own temporary battles, or far more simply, just to strike out in lightning fast stabs in the hopes of ending opponents quickly. Often, this is dependent on the skill of the user and how accustomed they are to the use of the ring; with novices able to create a simple one or two swords at any given time, while adepts could easily create an octet of dangerous swords at the cost of their stamina. Masters will find more common soft limits in a dozen, though at the cost of their stamina and possibly life, it is certainly possible to create more.

Since each blade only last a few seconds, it is common that someone focused entirely on the use of the ring will run out of stamina within a minute or more even when in exceptional shape for a warrior, perhaps longer if enhance by the force. This is the greatest downside of the device, as it can only create a few swords at any given time, and each one drains more and more. Initial tests of the ring found that after only eight swords that its well shaped tester was brought to their knees in pure exhaustion; a test that lasted only thirty seconds in total. In addition, most of these swords created were notably weaker than conventional sith warblades, the exact thing they seemed to be shaped after, and carried none of their notable features. Only more dedicated tests provided the pure dark side creations that the ring is intended to create. Although hard to test, the 'metal' like swords created by novices are not actually metal, but act somewhat similar to durasteel in strength and consistency.

thor4.gif

Because of these strengths, the ring is a very powerful artifact for both sith duelists and otherwise dangerous ranged users. These abilities can vary in strength on the user, making something that even masters must take time to practice and allow themselves the full amount of time to learn its strengths and weaknesses. Overuse of the device can cause death on its owner should there be an obvious overexertion, forcing anyone to be careful with its power. Of course, this is assuming any sith doesn't over exaggerator their strength, meaning most users of the ring will likely commit self induced manslaughter through nothing more than ego.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="The Slave"]

This is pretty ambitious and the gifs make me worry about seeing instant abuse. That said I want to help get this approved so I found http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darkshear< that. Which seems to share similar language to forging swords from darkside energies and seems less all powerful than darkside tendrils. Let me know what you think and we'll move forward.

[member="Gib"]

Sure sure, I'm not against the idea of the Darkshear as that was my canon motivation for this; though the Darkshear (from its description) was invisible, so I chose something a little less... invisible, and made a clause to it. I could certainly change it to fit the Darkshear description more if you'd prefer though.

As far as the gifs, its just from the movie I thought the idea up on. Its not necessarily true to form, only to be dramatic and give a visual idea of what it might look like to use.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="The Slave"]

The link to darkside tendrils is going to have to be removed for the reason that we don't want to have people thinking or trying to use this to insta-kill anything the manifestations touch. I understand that you added it to explain the coloration and precedent for such but we're going to have to make this very clear that the blades this summons are not darkside tendrils level of power. I know this isn't ideal but sadly we have to be very clear with this to make it a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom