Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What's the craziest good thing that's come out of being at Chaos for you?

Like others, I've had the privilege to meet some great people and feel like a part of this Community. Living where I am, I can't say I've met anyone in person as of yet though plans have been made in the past and unfortunately fallen through. I think the friendships I've made are special enough to be worth mentioning however, and just being able to join in on some awesome stories.

Met the best friend I've ever had via Chaos - accidentally.

Story time. Couple years back, when the CIS was but a wee blob on the map, I was getting ready for work. I had been chatting on Discord with my character's new apprentice and accidentally pocket dialed her. She picked up, we goofed off for the entire 1.5 commute to work - and then again after work.

From that point we talked everyday. And I was going through some deep poodoo in life at the time. Family, supposed friends, etc. they had all checked out during that time - and she was the one person who had my back. Chaos-wise, she helped me take the CIS from good to Super Saiyan God.

She became someone that, if lightning hit me tomorrow, I'd trust to look after my son.

So, were it not for this lovely board I wouldn't have met Srina Talon Srina Talon <3

Like every human being I've had a lot of ups and downs throughout my life, but ever since I've found Chaos, I've always had a nice place to come back to and write if the urge struck me. Come and gone three or four times now with varying degrees of activity, but knowing it's always here, and the people I used to write with have welcomed me back each time has been spectacular.

Happy forum board makes for happy writers.

It's not too crazy, but Chaos helped me to discover something that interests and engages me by getting me into writing. I'm really grateful to this site for helping me discover my love for writing and to develop my skills in such a friendly and supportive environment. I've grown much more confident and proud of my stories over my couple of years here, and that means a lot to me. :D

if they're watching anyways
While it didn't start on Chaos, I like to think that writing here was what really cemented my IRL friendship with Krystal Krystal (though she knows that I was doing most of the writing :p ). Having somebody to just nerd out about my writing and silly fanfics with has been the best thing that's ever happened to me, easily. She has also VASTLY improved my writing by regularly giving me feedback and roasting my terrible tenses.

And of course, as a regular Internet hermit, it's amazing to be part of a community that I share interests with, and that I can always turn to when I need to cheer myself up.

Love you to death. <3

To be honest, when a friend linked me this board in late 2013 to early 2014, I hadn't a clue that I was severely depressed, and I had been sobbing over the thought of maybe quitting RP entirely, a thing that has been a part of my life since 1999, when a friend in high school introduced me to the TalkCity Star Wars chats. I joined Chaos at the end of January 2014.

Had it not been for the friends I made (and friendships that got stronger, Amz Amz <3), the stories we wrote, and the sheer number of things I could throw myself into, I don't know how I would have gotten through the breakdown of my relationship at the time, quitting school at the end of that year, and voluntarily giving my daughter into care, in February of the next year.

In March 2015, I was diagnosed with depression, with suicidal ideation (four years later, ADHD). Three years of antidepressants took me through the hardest parts of moving on, and y'all were there so I could practise escapism when life was too much, but... life the past six years has gotten better, year over year, than the thirty years before it. Thirty years of being subsumed under stronger personalities and the abuses they brought down on me. My parents. My ex.

This past six years has allowed me to find my identity, find contentment, and as life improved, I roleplayed less. The things that drove my creativity for the first 15 years or so had evaporated. I had no need to escape anymore. Now, I write because I want to spend time with people whose company I enjoy, and cherish, and Chaos has been here for it all.

Thank you, Chaos, for being here when I needed it most. <3

Fiolette Fortan

F
I was brought here by a particular Russian, where I met a few Greeks, a couple of Canadians, a few Florida people, a few New Englanders, a Dutch, a Swede, a Viking or two, and some lady from the Midwest even if she claims otherwise. Some of these people continue to be some of my very best and closes friends, and others it seems no matter what happens we always end up back at the other's side. I've gotten to enjoy a lot of fun game nights whether that was in Overwatch, the Ship, or Fallout 76 as it happens these days. I've been able to share a lot of laughter with some of the people that I've met here.

I've been writing RP for a long time, but this is the first time that I've stuck around for longer than six months. I didn't even like Star Wars like that when I got here, but now I think I know more than a lot of people in my family. But for all of the downs or salty-times that have happened over the course of my time here, there has always been a group that has opened their doors. I really appreciate that about this community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom