Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The One-Post Gunslinger Contest (O P E N, quick post)

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
OOC/

RULES:
  • In the official SW Chaos Discord's #dice_rolls channel, roll this: !roll 3d6
  • One IC post per round. Use whatever personal ranged weapon you prefer; I don't care if it's a concussion rifle or a tossed Jawa. Write your one shot however you want - drunk, distracted, quick draw, trick shot, calling on the Force, whatever helps you sleep at night. Just include your verifiable dice roll in your IC post, and make sure there's at least a little more to your post than just the dice roll.
  • In a tie, the post with the most character gets an extra .5, as allocated subjectivity by me.
  • Top 50% make it to the next round and get paired off for some extra fun.
  • Round One is open for...not long. Post while you can.
  • Here's an example:
ROUND ONE COMPLETE

IC/ Zonju V

The one and only target was a half-burned Mando helmet that dangled from a rope above a dusty back road. Pretty much par for the course at the sector's most prestigious open marksmanship contest.

Jerec's turn was up and others were still shooting. The helmet never stopped swinging, courtesy of shots from various weapons, more or less on target. Jerec grimaced, lined up his blaster, and fired.

!roll 3d6 = 1

The blaster misfired. He yelped as sparks scorched his hand.

"Gorrammit all to feth."

Last edited:

Zonju. How she had waited for the chance to come here. Armed with all her weapons, she was ready. She wanted her sister back, and here on Zonju, these people had her. Well maybe not specifically here, but here was where her sister had been taken.

She would burn all their words until Madalena was returned to her.

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 2:26 AM
Nessa | Scherezade deWinter Roll: [6, 3, 3] Result: 12

Glitter Bullets flew all around. She was going to melt people and faces off, with pride.

472d04bfd8c5a2943d808840e9c4786b.png

"Weeeell, hell. Don't mind if I do." The Vornskr revolver slipped from its holster with barely a rasp as the Corellian drawled, a stylistic flourish thrown in for good measure he brought the weapon to bear. No sense in entering a competition without putting in a little showmanship after all.

SPRANG!

The shot caught the helmet low on the cheek, just below side of the T-Visor. Enough to make it dance a jig in the opposite direction - but only just. Hardly the worst shot, hardly the best.

"Feh."

Megan Holliway

M
Megan ruffled her fuzzy fur coat up to the contest and gave a welcome tip of her helm to all the rest of Zonju's cowboys. Well well. Don't mind if I do.

She rolled up her fuzzy long sleeves and pulled out her finest rebel sidearm. Then plinkered and zapped away at the target with gusto.

BLING! (8)

Ah. Just dinged the bottom of the swinging relic. Mm. Poo.

Roll: 14
OOC: Apologies, I've been oddly obsessed with this song for the past week.

To the planet of Zonju V flew a stranger one fine day...
His starcraft settled down, but he said he wouldn't stay
The stranger wandered into town and swung a heavy spear
But he simply flashed a smile and told them to have no fear.
(Told them to have no fear)

Now there were few who'd heard of this stranger in the town
He fought in the arena, he'd never lost the crown
They were unprepared to see his power on that day
But as he'd said before, he wasn't here to stay
(He wasn't here to stay)

The stranger came to the front and raised his crimson spear
His striking pose said clearly he was different from his peers
The stranger eyed his target and paused a moment there
And in an instant the spear had struck, slicing Mando headwear.
(Slicing Mando headwear.)

Last edited:
Roll: 6+5+1=12

The Jedi was only passing through; it was hard-earned liberty, a break from being stuck around half-asleep masters and all that, which he was going to spend hunting in the wilds of Zonju V. But on his way down to get his equipment set up with some of his buddies, he couldn't help but notice a rowdy group and a marksmanship competition off to the side.

Interesting...he was a half decent shot with his slugthrower sport rifle. Why not give it a shot? Without the force, he figured, might as well be sporting about it.

Stepping up to the line after slinging it off his back, that's exactly what he did. Just a second to get his bearings and...

POW-CLANG!

Eh. Not perfect, but a decent enough hit on the bottom left part of the helmet. Definitely needed to brush up if he was going krayt-huntin' on his next vacation.

A man can change his stars
Jedi are supposed to always freshen up on skills they have. While typically one would just use a lightsaber, there are times when a Pistol of some kind would be better. Be it an undercover job or maybe its the only thing you could grab at the moment. I at least wanted to make sure, I could hit the wide side of the barn. Considering I used to hunt animals as a kid, I hoped all of this Jedi work didn't take the edge off.

Coming up to the line, standing in front of the helmet as it hung there, Already smacked a couple times with previous people who took shots at it. I stood there with the Paladin Holster that was so gratefully made for me. In it sat my Breath. When I felt ready, I zipped the weapon out from underneath my arm and pulled a shot off.

The bang went off with the helmet swinging quite a bit. Smacking the helm good enough on the side just at the edge of the T of the visor. However, should someone be wearing it, the best it would have done is maybe scratch an itch they had on the side of their head.

I was happy the shot had made contact, don't doubt it. However, I had a feeling I could have done much better.

Roll:
DgDQEU5.png

Khagan Harrow

K
The standard-issue Helius rifle still felt unfamiliar. Though she'd fired the thing many times, even during live combat missions, it still felt like an extended thing that made lasers rather than an extension of herself. The unfamiliar metal pressed into her shoulder as she lined up the holographically displayed three lines with the already perforated helmet. It was still swinging by the time her turn came around, but she enjoyed a good challenge.

With the pull of the rifle's trigger, a loud snap echoed, the sound of a blaster, but not quite. The unique design of the Helius lent the usual whizz of a blaster a strange quality that made it seem ever so alien when fired.

The golden bolt passed the distance between rifle and helmet in a heartbeat, impacting just below the T-Visor and giving the helmet another few rounds of vigorous spinning. Content, the Thyrsian Auxilia stepped aside for the next blaster slinger to try their luck.

86cec5e4481d3a5a4efb43be8bcd2d26.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beltran stood in front of the target and leveled his "Reaper" Pistol at the target, an old-and by now pretty beaten up-Mandalorian helmet. Idly, he wondered just what the remaining members of the once proud warrior nation would think about one of their pieces of armor being used as target practice. Lining up the shot, Beltran pulled the trigger.

click

Nothing happened.

"Oh feth me," he muttered, turning the weapon to the side, while still keeping the barrel facing the target. It wasn't the safety, he could see easily that the selector remained on single fire. "Bloody power cell contacts..." He grumbled. They were oxidizing again. He tapped the power pack once, hard, and suddenly a blast erupted from the weapon.

To his credit, the sudden discharge didn't make him flinch and by some bit of serendipity, even though he hadn't been aiming, the bolt found it's way to hitting the helmet, just under the right eye portion of the T-Visor.

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 9:50 PM

Beltran Rarr Roll: [5, 4, 3] Result: 12​

He wasn't sure how he got here.

Then again? That's usually how these things went. Group of people come across something interesting. Least you can do is be a crowd, but the best was to participate. Wynter didn't have anything against Mandalorians, of course.

Well.

There was the pompous cultural self-aggrandizing. The casual genocide forgotten the next day. Constantly slipping in their own words, as if to assume everyone understood them. Again the casual genocide (they did that a lot, didn't they?). Okay, so maybe he did have something against the Mandalorians. A revolver slipped its way out of his holster. Right into his hand! Fancy that. Good thing it was his turn now.

One eye closed.

Mouth twitched- right about now he wished he hadn't lost his glasses back over at Lehon. Those were a right shutta to replace. Well, half of it was swagger and attitude, right? What was the worst that could happen? Trigger finger twitched and revolver went CRACK.

Now both eyes were closed.

After all, you only lost if you saw your loss. Kinda like Schrodinger's defeat. That was a thing, no?

[6:49 AM] Arage Bao: !roll 3d6
[6:49 AM] BOTDice Maiden: Arage Bao Roll: [5, 5, 3] Result: 13

"Move, kid." Zef shoved his son Mav Halo Mav Halo from the shooting spot. "Let me show ya how it's done."

The ol' scoundrel drew his pistol lightning fast and fired immediately.

Hit straight at the crotch. The smuggler muttered something underneath his breath about old bones and moved away visibly irritated.

Zef HaloToday at 7:03 AM !roll 3d6
Dice MaidenBOTToday at 7:03 AM
Zef Halo Roll: [5, 2, 1] Result: 8

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
ROUND ONE SCORES:

Shooting for the WINNER'S CUP:

Shooting for the LOSER'S CUP

ROUND TWO RULES:
  • In the official SW Chaos Discord's #dice_rolls channel, roll this: !roll 3d6 - or use the board's inbuilt dice functionality, which I'm reliably informed exists but which I don't know how to use.
  • One IC post per round. Use whatever personal ranged weapon you prefer; I don't care if it's a concussion rifle or a tossed Jawa. Write your one shot however you want - drunk, distracted, quick draw, trick shot, calling on the Force, whatever helps you sleep at night. Just include your verifiable dice roll in your IC post, and make sure there's at least a little more to your post than just the dice roll.
  • Whoever loses the roll against their partner gets hit and eliminated. If you want to write getting hit, do it however you want, anything from grazing blow to disintegration.
  • In case of tie, both miss; roll/fire again.

The next round involved squaring off in pairs with only a stretch of dirt road in between. Very far off to the side, Jerec wrapped his scorched hand in bacta patches and sipped cheap lum. He rather hoped someone would take down a Jedi by throwing a Jawa or some such.

He was about to leave when a man dragged him into a showdown with another man.

At the marked spot, Zef Halo turned swiftly, drew and fired his heavy blaster pistol at the other fella ( Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn ). Stun mode, of course.

Terrible.

Zef HaloToday at 7:31 PM !roll 3d6
Dice MaidenBOTToday at 7:31 PM Zef Halo Roll: [3, 1, 1] Result: 5
Zef HaloToday at 7:32 PM why do u wish me dead

LOSER'S CUP / Kaleleon Kaleleon

The lighter snapped shut with an irritability that was reflected on the Corellian's face, his sullen features washed in a muted orange glow as he took a consolatory drag on the cigarra. As someone that prided himself on earning his keep as a gunhand, it was kind of galling to end up on the bottom pile. With gorram Zef Halo Zef Halo no less. Like father, like son he supposed.

Maybe if he was lucky, he'd get to put a hole in the geezer for old time's sake.

"I ain't exactly one for non-lethal options, friend." He announced, taking up position away from the first range. The younger kid - a Jedi by the look and smell of him - would have to be dealt with first. Shame, really. That poncho was all kinds of stylish. "So don't take it too personally if you find yourself limping on home, y'hear? You signed on, same as me. No need for tears."

There was no attempt to show off this time. The vornskr was drawn without fanfare and held low, trigger finger tapping out a brief tattoo on the edge of the barrel before he brought it up.

CHEKOW!

1dbbd2b1e7931c62162b88e1642d7bf6.png

Scherezade didn't care. Her glowing green eyes fell on Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham . Was he part of the OPA? Did it matter? Was he about to get covered completely covered in acid covered glitter?

Why yes. Yes he was.

The Blood Hound of Chaos looked at the stranger, and there was no kindness or mercy in her eyes. Her fingers squeezed both triggers and she shot her bullets right at him, hoping to hit something vital and unprotected.

Nessa | Scherezade deWinterToday at 9:11 PM
!roll 3d6
Dice MaidenBOTToday at 9:12 PM
Nessa | Scherezade deWinter Roll: [5, 4, 2] Result: 11

Megan Holliway

M
LOSER'S CUP / Taru Cadera Taru Cadera

Disgruntled by her wrist's horrible performance against the tilted mask. Megan decided she needed a larger target.

"Ey you. Walking armory over there!" She tipped her helm towards Cadera. An open expanse between them. "...Mm. Hold still eh."

She rolled up her fuzzy sleeves once more and went for a hip shot with her rebel sidearm. Center mass. I mean, he was armored right? Pfft. It's fine.

KAPOW!

JayScottClarkToday at 1:25 PM

!roll 3d6

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 1:25 PM

JayScottClark Roll: [6, 3, 2] Result: 11

A man can change his stars
Mav Halo Mav Halo

Well it seemed my shot was just not enough. So onto the losers cup it was. Looking down the list as to who I would be facing off against, it then hit me that I was going up against a gunman. Was my shot really good enough to be comparable to a gunslinger, or did they just have a bad day?

Instead of lingering on the thought, I moved up to where I would be facing off against this man. Clad in his own little poncho as well as sporting a hat. One wide brimmed hat that reminded me greatly of the Judges in OPA space. Either way, I prepared myself. Holding a hand to the pistol I was using. Just a little concealed carry piece that punched up as much as it could.

What got me raising an eyebrow as the man was how he was not one of the people who liked non-lethal options. So he would be coming full force. Kind of expected that with the way he acted. Even telling me to not go crying home. Seeing as he started to draw his own weapon, I snatched mine up as well. Aiming for his hand to make sure I didn't get shot in return.

CRACK

9nCv9Z3.png

Beltran stood across from Niklasz Tassik Niklasz Tassik , pistol in hand. A thorough cleaning of the OS-104 "Reaper"'s power cell contacts hopefully had done the trick and he wouldn't have anymore misfires.

He then drew as quickly as he could, bringing the barrel of the weapon up to fire from the hip and pulled the trigger...

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 4:52 PM
Beltran Rarr Roll: [5, 4, 1] Result: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom