Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Dorian Sicarrio | Inherited Power

New_Project.png

• N5cG5gd.png

Species: Human.
    Height: 6'2".
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Physique: Lean; Muscular.
    Eye Pigmentation: Dark brown; flecks of amber/'red'.
    Hair Color: Black; Messy.
    Skin Complexion: Pale-skinned.

Known Medical History:
    • Refused Medical Exam. Unknown.

Primary Allegiance: The New Imperial Order.
    Current Status: Active; Transient Deployment in New Imperial fringe.
    Homeworld: Unknown.
    Known Residence: Bastion, Ravelin.

Languages Known:
    • Galactic Basic: Broken - Semi-Fluent - Fluent - Native
    Languages Spoken:
    • Galactic Basic: Broken - Semi-Fluent - Fluent - Native

Force Sensitive: Yes.
    Midichlorian Count: High.
    Known Alignment: True Neutral, Grey.

Marriage Status: Married.
    Spouse: Mavia Anjuu Wymar.
    Children: None.
    Parents: Arantha Sicarrio, Deceased; Rix Castar, Presumed Deceased.
    Siblings: None.

• N5cG5gd.png

Known Combat Training:
    • No Formal Combat Training.
    • Basic Field First-Aid Training.
    • Basic Speeder-driving Training.
    • Basic Astronavigation and Pilot Training.
    Known Fighting Styles:
    • Self-taught Hand-to-Hand; similarity to Echani Art.
    • Self-taught CQC techniques; Spear specialization.
    Distinguishing Features:
    • Mole under right eye.
    • Minor Scarring on chest and back.
    • Large scar the length of left forearm.
    Character Strengths:
    • Battle-tested Danger Sense.
    • Near-Master of Force Speed.
    • Extreme self-confidence.
    • Dun Möch Mastery.
    • Force-enhanced fighter.
    • Self-taught; Unconventional and Unpredictable.
    • Mastery of fighting with melee weaponry.
    • Quick Learner.
    Character Weaknesses:
    • Arrogance.
    • Poor Mental Defense.
    • Disdain for ranged weaponry.
    • Generally unable to kill using Force Speed.
    • Few out-of-combat skills or abilities.
    • Overbearing Showmanship.

• N5cG5gd.png

Behavioral Keywords:
    Active | Adaptable | Adventurous | Arrogant | Capable | Carefree | Charming | Clever | Confident | Creative | Cynical | Focused | Humorous | Self-reliant | Showman | Talented | Undisciplined | Unpredictable

Dorian is far from the model Imperial Knight. Most of his life has been spent nurturing his talent for gladiatorial combat. Being watched by so many others for much of his life fed into a need for attention. The money he brought in from his fights made him want for nothing. Dorian has rarely felt endangered in the ring, and early in his career he realized that the more of a show he made of an opponent the more cheers and money he'd earn. He developed a habit of mocking his opponents or otherwise showing off.

There was rarely any pressure on Dorian aside from performing in the ring, so when he's not in combat he's very carefree and relaxed. So many years of this has made him undisciplined; he rarely trains, his skills only kept sharp by constant use. Dorian often traveled for fights, so he feels he has no true home.

Upon joining the Force Corps of the New Imperial Order, Dorian promised to become more dutiful and disciplined. Over the course of the war with the Sith, he's learned to be more reserved and disciplined. No longer does he feel afraid of self-reflection, but rather he embraces it and learns more about himself and who he wants to be.

Among the other Imperial Knights he's found people who he sees as his peers. Mavia is chief among them and is the person who he cares for most in the galaxy. Rurik Fel has become a sort of mentor to him, and Dorian knows he wouldn't be here without Rurik's guidance. For those he cares about, Dorian has a fierce protective instinct, refusing to let anyone harm them.

Last edited:
W R I T I N G

Hey there! This is an OOC zone where I put my ideas, plans, and notes on writing Dorian. I hope it helps you understand Dorian better, just as writing these ideas out will help me shape his journey.

Guiding Questions:
  • What is the Force?
    • Current Answer: "The Force is a tool, and those who have it must hone their skills just as with any other talent."
  • What is freedom?
    • Current Answer: "Freedom is something we must uphold for others; without people who work towards order, no one can be free."
    • Previous Answer: "Freedom is having no one telling you what to do and being able to do anything you want to."
  • What is at stake when you fight?
    • Current Answer: "The lives of those I trust."
    • Previous Answer: "My pride and reputation."
Goals:
  • Find out why so many commit themselves to causes greater than themselves.
  • Protect and cherish Mavia Anjuu Wymar.
  • Fight, duel, win.
Imagery, Diction, and Focus:
  • Dorian has a strong and open personality. By writing in a close third person, it's easier to get into his head and allow that personality to come through even when he isn't speaking. This keeps the focus tight and ensures that Dorian is the lens through which the world is seen. His narrator normally isn't omniscient; the reader knows about as much as Dorian knows.
  • As a gladiator and showman, Dorian lets his personality shine even when it's not entirely appropriate. He quips and jokes in even the most serious of situations. Especially in those situations. The narration of his actions is usually kept light and comedic. His dialogue is meant to be light and witty, though he recognizes that not all of his jokes will land and has learned when it isn't appropriate to speak up.
  • Dorian, while prideful, has come to realize that self-reflection is not an evil or a terrible thing. While once he avoided difficult conversations and too much space to think, he now seeks them out to better himself. Spending time with his own thoughts is not an uncommon thing.
  • Dorian's past was once a thing kept at bay, that fought him whenever it resurfaced. After settling his feelings about his mother's passing he's earned a sort of calm and acceptance. When the spirits of the past come to him, they provide aid and advice rather than pulling him one way or the other.
Inspiration:
  • In terms of aesthetic, the obvious inspiration is Lancer from Fate/Zero (Diarmuid Ua Duibhne). In that vein, Dorian uses a 'magic' crimson spear as his main weapon in combat, and is incredibly agile and an experienced combatant. After Bastion, though, he lost his spear and now uses a lightsaber like the other Imperial Knights. He is charming and prefers a straight fight to subterfuge or deception.
  • Even so, his personality is closer to that of Lancer from Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks (Cu Chulainn). He's sassy and grandiose and doesn't mind showing off. He loves a good fight and is comfortable with basically everything.
  • Dorian is also leaning heavily into the lancer character role. Compared to the stoic and serious Imperial Knights, Dorian's freewheeling and lackadaisical nature foils nicely with the rest of the group. Equally that means that everyone around him is a lancer for him. Still, he admires the others and searches for that same discipline and purpose in his life. He's come to better understand the way of life of an Imperial Knight in recent times.
  • Dorian is a descendant of an old character I made (not for this board) who became a powerful Jedi and found his own path. Dorian is followed by the 'ghost' of that character, and is trying to push him towards fighting for a real purpose, rather than just fighting because he can. At Bastion, he was one of the spirits who sent him back from the Netherworld of the Force.
  • I've always been curious about the relationship between parents and children; for Dorian, his mother passed away early in his life, and he never knew his father. While I would love to explore a more complex parental relationship, I think keeping Arantha Sicarrio as a symbol of good, purity, and the end goal for Dorian is a good way to tie together his story.
Arc:
  • Dorian's arc is a positive one, centered around the three guiding questions above and the lies he believes about them. While it's at times difficult to balance -- most stories/characters have one central question -- it makes a lot more room for the character to grow and learn in different ways. After all, Dorian has a lot to learn.
  • "The Force is a tool."
    • Dorian has always seen the Force as just a thing he has. His natural aptitude for fighting and the Force has allowed to sail leagues ahead of most around him. Still, he has yet to realize that the thing he just considers another natural skill has a greater purpose. Part of this is due to the fact that he had no formal training in the Force, but equally because he doesn't really care. A lack of spirituality and greater understanding of the universe hasn't harmed him yet, but it is a key to a better and happier life.
  • "True freedom is having no one telling you what to do, and that's how I should live."
    • Dorian began as a lazy, uncaring, but free individual. After fighting AMCO AMCO in the Sith tournament he was reminded that his mother had responsibilities and fought for something greater than herself. He soon sought out similar responsibilities and became part of the New Imperial Order's Force Corps. While he lacks discipline, he is searching for the answer to why anyone would take up such responsibilities willingly. This idea of freedom isn't quite right, and Dorian needs to learn that freedom can take many forms and is not limited to the individual. He'll learn that taking orders isn't such a bad thing, and that the chaos that can come with his ideal of freedom is only allowable when there are people to uphold order in the galaxy.
    • Thanks to Rurik Fel Rurik Fel , Dorian has come to understand the place of discipline and order in his life. While he's not yet a true adherent to the code of the Imperial Knights, he's learning and becoming a more motivated fighter. Thus, his response to the question has changed; no longer does he believe that lie about freedom.
  • "My reputation and I are the only things that really matter."
    • This one's simple: Dorian needs to learn to care about something other than himself. He's spent much of his life alone and entirely self-reliant. Still, the memory of his mother leaving to protect him plagues his mind. Without realizing it he's begun to let people into his life; the person he's closest to is currently Mavia Mavia of the Force Corps. Soon he'll realize that others are worth protecting and that there are times when he can be selfless. This may soon develop into an extreme protective instinct of his loved ones.
    • After some time he finally realized how deeply he'd come to care about Mavia. Before Bastion, he talked to her and confessed his feelings, and during the battle it was her that pushed him to return from the Netherworld of the Force as quickly as possible. While she is the focus of those feelings, he's come to view some of his fellow Knights as worth fighting for and with. He no longer believes the lie that he and his reputation are all that matter; now, he fights for others, for he's found something worth protecting.

To be continued!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom