Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor's Ball

ea9be6b2b0.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Outdoor Dining Area, Unspecified Time
Carnation; Red | Interacting with [member="Kole Harper"] (Others TBD) ~ Young and Beautiful ~ "The way you'd play with me like a child."
——————————————————————

Cravings.

They weren't that bad, perhaps her ego fed into that a bit. They were tempered by the presence of someone she hated to disappoint, easily drowned out with strong drink. Now, Lyn had never been a heavy smoker, just a social one -- Which was likely one and the same -- Nonetheless, she wanted to avoid that narcotic escapism tonight. It was for mainly that reason, and less Kole's permission, that the Zeltron unwound their gripped fingers and started out as a sashaying figure, cutting through the crowds seeking refreshment at the bar, which seemed a popular destination out here.

The bartender never knew what hit him. No doubt Kole was right behind her regardless, but, still. Her species had that stigma around them that always seemed to be genuine wherever they went, and it was the stigma of being a bit too loose. That might have been why the mixologist had wide eyes as Lyn began ordering a drink of proportions that might have proven poisonous to some species, but no doubt her dual livers could process it just fine. Sometimes, her figure was cut just a bit too well. With a glance over her shoulder to Kole, she raised a blue brow, a smirk across her lips, "Come and order." Hopes and dreams dashed for the humble bartender with big dreams, for this one was seemingly taken.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Tom Taff said:
Apparently his plus one had already arrived as he saw Morus Jerrill. He could have sworn the man said balls Tom laughed approaching him. "Hello Morus so glad you were able to find this place. I am glad you agreed to join me for tonight." He then handed the man a rose from the bouquet he had brought with him. "To show you are attached to the commenor invitation my good man. I hope Lady Kay shows soon, I have been waiting to show her these for a while." He was playing every bit a gardener who was just excited to get out. He just hoped no one from the mandalorian delegate blew his cover knowing Jake Awaud was already here. He also had the thought that the mand'alor and the warmaster would be in attendance. Knowing them it was more than likely.

Dae said:
miling she leaned forward and spoke quietly to Morus Jerrill. “Feels like it’s been awhile.” The Atrisian woman smiled and looked out at the group. She listened to the music and sighed softly. “How have you been?” A familiar smile would cross her face as she thought quietly the last time they had seen each other. “I’m doing better as you can see.” Seeing that Morus was with someone she smiled and nodded, he mentioned the regal from Commenor and she sighed softly, it was a terrible situation for them, but her opinions remained to herself.

[member="Tom Taff"] [member="Dae"]

"Charming, dear boy, truly charming." I tucked the rose down my belt like sheathing a sword and twirled my mustache gratefully. As Taff moved on to the life of a diplomat, I found a minute to answer the Atrisian woman - but alas, too late. Off she went to socialize with one of the lesser Zambranos. My "I've been well" hung in the air, truncated like a moyel's mistake. And then I was alone with my deviled eggs.

Since I could be accosted and forced to socialize at any moment, I began scarfing my hors d'oeuvres. Strike while the eggs are hot and all that. And yet my focus wavered as I spotted Admiral [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] and a certain lady of, dare I say it, ill repute.

Oh so that's why she took the Empire's offer at a lower rank. My oh my.

Chomp, chomp. These deviled eggs were delectable. I smelled Epicanthix blessed oils and began wandering in the general direction of [member="Darth Carnifex"]'s entourage.

Alvarex laughed a little bit when Yasha noticed that he had shaved his beard off. [member="Invicta Zambrano"] wasn't all too pleased with it but he assured her it would grow back in time. Someone mentioned that he looked better without it, though he could scarcely remember who. At either rate here he was, he let her hands move up to his uniform and held in a bit of laughter and then his bearings were there when she introduced her aunt as it were. Queen [member="Lady Kay"] Arenais of Commenor, and he bowed his head with respect to her rank and station as a good Epicanthix noble would. "Then it is my pleasure to make your acquaintence your majesty." He said to the Queen and then looked over at Yasha, "haha, I'm sure she will - where is she by the way?"

There would be no mistaking a child here, at least not tonight with so many dignitaries about. "I will be more than happy to give her a dance, and..." His dimples showed as his smile curled. "What a lovely little tune, so playful."

"And before you ask, I- I uh, I decided to shave it off much to a few of the mother's dislike. You uh, you did say you liked it right?" He had hoped so, the other half of the mothers told him she would. He could still hear Salara and Invicta in his head with their sounds of disgust. He should have kept the beard, he swore one of his brothers even did a thing on the holonet with 'beardgate.'

Dance with Yasha? Of course, she was prehaps the only reason he even attended the night. Otherwise he'd much rather be out stabbing or shooting things, "and it would be my honor to dance with you this evening." He said to Yasha and then turned back to the Queen, "you don't mind if I steal her away, do you?"

Outdoor Dining Area > The Gardens
Wearing: Nanquan Tunic, Bracelet, Sandals
Interacting with: [open]
micah_postbar.png
The Cathar kitten didn't really get this at all.

The adults called this a party, but where was the pizza? Where were the Disney holos? Ball pit? Sugar kool-aid?

This place was seriously lacking in all of the major party components. Even that being the case, however, the kitten's disappointment did not prohibit him from rushing back to one of the buffet tables. The salmon canape on cucumber was actually quite addictive. Not really what he imagined when he thought of a snack or finger food, but he'd probably shoveled at least his body weight in salmon cucumber canapes at this point. So, that was his vegetable intake for the next year at the very least.

His parents were somewhere inside, rubbing elbows with Darths and dukes. Just why people rubbed elbows was another thing that adults did that made no sense to him. Like, seriously, why?

Rather than risk Micah growing bored inside the confines of the ballroom, the cub had been unleashed into the outdoor area surrounding where this adults-rubbing-elbows-not-party was taking place. In a very short amount of time, the kitten had discovered the outdoor dining area while hunting EndorMon in the gardens.

As he bounded away from the buffet table, the young Sith had his HoloBoy out as he started roaming through the gardens again...

Arriving at the courtyard
Interacting with: (open)
Wearing: Royal Gown. Decapitated Head of a beast

Pregaming, [member="Mara Rockwell"] and Mythos had been pregaming before they even arrived a parsec close to the ball. First they went to the Nubian Solar Gardens and nearly had a bounty put on both of them, then somehow they made their way into a dance club near New Plympto where Mythos murdered a man for two credits while she stabbed another for a discount in fake earrings and then finally to Corellia for some of the Lum the ORC was running these days that was near impossible to come across outside ORC space. Mythos tried to contact a friend who had the number of Jorus Merill, the only man Mythos knew of that could get a keg or two of that lum, only to be met with a deactivated comlink. Even if the famed smuggler would have picked up the comlink Mythos doubted he would sell him any lum but he had to try.

Yet that did not stop the infamous couple of getting a hold of that precious lum, oh no, when one had the personal number of [member="Cadan Tazi"] and the jackals owed one a credit or two off sabacc games, stuff like that lum could appear, pricey, but it would appear. One irresponsibly expensive purchase later and Mythos and Mara had an entire keg of the lum in the luxury speeder and the ORC smugglers had enough credits to buy a cargo freighter the size of an ATAT. Pricey, irresponsible, but entirely worth it.

Mythos was wearing his classic suit but for the ball he changed into his original royal uniform he wore during his first tenure as lord and before he absorbed the Atrisian culture into his robes. He wore a ring in every finger each carved by an artisan of a different world he personally had a hand in conquering. Every time Mythos subjugated a world for the One Sith, Sith Empire or Ancient Eye he had a commemorative ring created by one of the planets artisans as a way of adding their culture and ways into the many he collected. The robes were of fine red wine silks, encrusted with jewelry from Nathema, Edemar, Ankhypt and Midvinter. His shoes were the open leather combat sandals so popular in Angramar yet with the runes of the Sith Empire legionnaires carved into them. Mara too had something she could flaunt, she served in the siege of commoner and it was because of her that [member="Darth Prazutis"] and his men were able to enter through the senate, she brought down those shields, Mythos had insisted on her pinning the medals of service awarded to her in the dress.

He arrived in a chromium speeder that was designed for him by The Shrouded Republic engineers, unique and incredibly loud, each door opening downwards tucking under the hovering speeder as they did and providing a small ladder for him and his fiancee to step down. From the moment he stepped down, he knew perhaps he had been hitting the lifestyle of Mara just a little too strongly today. "You think I should just attack Kesh, that is what you're saying." He said, slurring his answer at what Mara had said to him, the nature of the question not entirely clear to him as he walked away from the speeder.

Jewel encrusted cane in one hand and lum bottle in the other Mythos stepped outside his speeder with the decapitated head of a wild beast draped over his head as was Trandoshan custom. He stood there before his speeder and awaited Mara to join him before they together made their late arrival. He was drunk but not out of it, he appreciated the beauty of the alcoves that he could see from where he stood, the grand painstaking beauty of the ball entrance and ways entrance flanked by the royal imperial head, his emperor, [member="Darth Carnifex"]. Mythos' fun and grandeur were never to be at the expense of embarrassing his emperor so from now on he would stick to smoking his Bota Cigars, right after one more swig of the Lum.

'Sith Lord Mythos of Naboo, Lord Commander of the Molok Legion and with him his betrothed [member="Mara Rockwell"] of Dossum, civilian hero of Commenor'

Ishana Pavanos

I
Galidraan

Blakeslee Falls Estate
Heading to the Dining Area
[member="Kaalia Pavanos"]

"Ha, ha you're adorable you know that, right," Ishana remarked more as a statement than a question. Kaalia was definitely on the compliments this evening, not that the typically ego-fed pilot didn't enjoy it. She took Kaalia's arm in hers and began to head for the gardens, a path from the courtyard would lead them there or at least at worst case she could just follow the signs. As they walked the Kro Varian mentioned the place they were at and how it must be so much to maintain. "Yeah, y'know it's a nice place but yeah I- I agree definitely would be a lot to maintain."

Their place on Dromund Kaas was fine, it not only suited them but it fit their immediate family as well. Both of their parents as well as Ishana's extended family lived there. Each family had fled prior to some invasion or bombardment by the Sith Empire or the First Order. Mixed feelings to say the least, the Balmorran looked over at her wife who blushed. "I'd like to repeat my earlier statement, you are adorable." The reddening of the cheeks was just enough to remind Ishana that she could still make the woman blush.

"You know me so well."

"Mhmm? Then allow me to be your guide on our culinary tour - once we get there anyway." Just how long were these paths anyway?

Too long, Ishana surmised, too long.

1a05e08f42.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Ballroom, Unspecified Time
Saint's Patience | Interacting with [member="Darth Maliphant"] | [member="Vestille Thumahra"], [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] ~ Glory and Gore ~ "Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend - Go figure."
——————————————————————

Like many parties, the invisible strings of power were pulled, manipulating. An order to be maintained, delicate houses of cards not to be disregarded. Nilia had zero intentions of disregarding tonight, the diplomat in her did not allow the very idea to breathe.

"Understood." She spoke simply to her Master, frankly. Dark gaunt eyes swept over the two ladies before the one of the few in the galaxy whom Nilia could attempt to sympathize with. They certainly looked to be of power, something she would have envied in her political tenure. Now, though, just a little closer to it all, she didn't find envy. More a passive acceptance, a respect garnered. Without even knowing the pair ahead of them, Nilia knew austerity when she saw it; and knew when to let the larger fish swim undisturbed.

Admittedly, and this showed how eager she was to forget the Sovereignty, she could not recall the last time she had spoken to Vestille. More than likely at some Federal gathering, where the Sovereign Senate and the Army had intermingled freely under the watchful eye of Ice. It was almost similar to these affairs, except fire replaced it. The burning heat of the Dark Side. Somehow it was more familiar and far more pleasant, than anything she had sensed on Eadu.

"How is it you know him?" General was quite the rank to achieve. Impressive.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate

Currently In: The Ballroom, near the stairs to the courtyard.
Interacting With: [member="Nilia Saavilin"] │ [member="Vestille Thumahra"] │ [member="Taeli Raaf"] │ [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Believe it or not, he’s been to our home.”, he said idly as his eyes looked over the crowds.

Despite it all, Maliphant still kept an eye on the crowds for anyone he still might recognize. He had made a very strong effort in networking these past few months as it was one of his natural skills. Affinity of the blade, a natural disposition to The Force, many of these came easy to others, but Maliphant saw the power in words; not to say he was weak in the others, only untrained by comparison. So was the curse of being a Knight in an empire that glorified its Lords, something he couldn’t help but agree with however.

Vestille recently purchased a large order of our training droids, for use within The Sith Military. Special forces training, things like that…”, he continued.

The droids had even began to make a name for themselves, the old clankers that they were pushing the Sith Special Forces into a higher gear as they faced the most realistic, learning programming they’d likely ever faced in a droid, making their training far faster with its natural algorithms for teaching. Given a few months, they’d be experts in the craft, compared to the years it may have taken before to train them. Maliphant doubted it garnished him any attention however, but it made for a tiny nest egg in the bank account.

He’s made a few trips after for sparring, to test each other. I even intended for him to help train you and Thesh, when the day came.”, The Sith said in a regular tone, his gaze still wandering the crowds.

Nothing like the help of a general to make one’s apprentices the best in the Empire, don’t you think?

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay let out a forced breath as [member="Yasha Mantis"] tried to tell her that holding her head up high would let everyone know that Commenor wasn't beaten and was merely recuperating. Well that was a lie. To the eyes of many Commenor was beaten. And with the heavily broadcasted videos of her surrender while bound, as well as the signed treaty in all it's detail that made the blockade and occupation legal, well by all means it gave them reasons to celebrate. "I do not stand in solidarity or equal footing with them. I am but a political hostage, or as Prazutis called me, a bird in a guilded cage...And one that'll surely be made fun of...."

The announcement for Prince [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] came and Yasha almost immediately tugged at her arm. Oh boy. Here we go. Hopefully there'd be no such announcement for their arrival.

So far there didn't seem to be. As the Prince that she was to keep a stern and watchful eye on had appeared. And he looked different from the holoprojection that her niece had shown her months ago. Who knew that removing facial hair could make one look so different? It made her think of her husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] . Had she ever seen him without his beard? No, no she hadn't. Kay wondered just what it was that he looked like without it. Would he look younger? Or strange? Or both? Either way, she'd love him just the same.

By the Force did she miss her family! But she couldn't see them, couldn't be near them. Not without them becoming caught in a cage as well.

Kay smirked a little as Yasha introduced her and stressed on the fact that she hoped that her and the Prince could get to know eachother. Now how exactly was that to happen here? There were far too many distractions, interruptions, not to mention they weren't exactly on their own.

She looked up to the man as he bowed his head to her and greeted her. "If only it were during better circumstances, then I might...share the same sentiment."

Already the two were planning on pairing off straight away. Hopefully she wouldn't lose sight of her niece. As long as she got to keep an eye on her, that was all that mattered. "Don't steal her away too far or for too long. She's my ride home and I'd hate to be abandoned."

Kay let go of Yasha's arm, knowing that the two pawns in the Emperor's game would want to spend all their time together, while she was more or less just a chaperone. She clasped her hands in front of her while she followed in behind. Hopefully there was some proper tea to be had, or this night would be even more difficult to bear.

'Play the game,' she kept repeating to herself. 'Play the game and try not to be smothered by their gloating.'

Karl Von Strauss

Captain of the Duchess, 6th Fleet
Gear: Suit
With: [member="Rowena Ewesa"]

As Rowena took Karl's hand to begin dancing he entered the swirl of already dancing people. By the time Rowena and him were in step with each other, Karl had already set the groundwork for the Waltz. As the couple whirled around the dance floor, and continued the Waltz their moves improved and flowed into one another, if anyone was watching them they probably say that they were excellent, even with the difference in height. Karl had a smile on his face as he said "You are definitely, not a bad dancer by any stretch of the imagination." He smoothly swung her around his left side in a reverse motion, instead of the standard right. "You know, I've never had quite this much fun at a ball before. Usually it was always charity balls thrown by my parents, and I wasn't allowed to dance with anyone other than my sister. But you, you are amazing!" From the sound of his voice, was enlightened and overjoyed. He hoped his partner was enjoying the dance as well.

OOC Note: I literally don't know how to explain or write dancing (this was my first attempt), so I'm sorry.

Ballroom
Communing with [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Jake Awaud"] [member="Abel Australis"] [member="Caz Australis"]

“Tonight, vode, we drink to our glorious departed, honour our buir’e and delight in an evening without bloodshed. Keep eyes open.” What better chance to see the wealth of personnel and resources of the room’s denizens?

The tension reeling off Kay was as palpable as Yasha’s rising heartbeat. Bless her, the young woman fought blood beasts and sapients all her life, but the cerulean eyes looking down at her form gave Yasha the jitters. She wanted to grab Kay and run to the nearest secluded garden for advice, to say something clever, which would bring joy to her compatriots Jake, Jor and Abel.

“Aunt Kay is the most courageous woman in the Galaxy, Alvarex. A role model, maternal influence and friend.” The optics were sure to be complicated by the holonet coverings of the event. Leaked pictures, headlines, the like. Ultimately, the song and dance of it all would help Commenor’s Queen rediscover her footing... and save Yasha from another untimely mistake. If only she’d been faster.

“Oh, Adara scampered off with Kain’ik to find your father. She wanted to show him her dress. She’ll be along. Hunt you like a Vornskyr after a Voorpah. Be wary, Sir Prince, my Mando’ad’ika will assault your warrior’s presence for that dance by the end of the night.”

The story of his beard made Yasha’s lips quirk, there must have been an entire row over it. Who would have thought a casual line in conversation about clean shaven warriors would elicit such a familialy significant response?

“It...” Yasha reached to brush the back of her fingers on the skin, yet stopped abruptly as a murmur and cough struck the crowd. “You l-“

“Mand’alor the Infernal, Yasha Mantis, Heir Assumptive of House Fitz-Kierke of Panatha and Atrisia and Her Royal Highness Queen Kay Arenais of Commenor, accompanied b-by Prince Alvarex Zambrano, Alor Jor Kvall, Alor Jake Awaud, and escort.” The Herald blinked twice at Alvarex once more entering the ballroom. Yasha yanked her hand down and walked the entry, chin up and eyes scanning the room. It was a den of pleasure and potential ill will, a place to be wary outside appropriate company.

Yet the appropriate company was asking for a dance, and commenting on the pleasant music. Thus, one arm round Queen Kay and the other propped in Alvarex’s hand, Mand’alor the Infernal entered the main ballroom and nodded to the seated Empresses [member="Salara Zambrano"] and Invicta.

“You are a delight to my eyes, Rex. The shave does you well... now all we have to do is put you in proper ‘gam and make a warrior if you.” Yasha grinned, nudging his shoulder with a warm wink. It was easy to poke fun at Rex, he was good natured enough to handle her jousting with his own.

“I promise not to get too carried away, Aunt Kay. And not to abandon you completely. Fiolette did mention tea in the garden, I believe... I hear they imported it especially for the event.” Taking Alvarex’s hand, Yasha backed onto the dance floor one step at a time.

“You may not steal me, but I will gladly be caught for a time.” The dance floor did look pristinely lovely. Perhaps one dance wouldn’t break worlds.

Maybe two.

GALIDRAAN
BLAKESLEE FALLS ESTATE
THE OUTER DINING AREA
Kole had allowed Lyn to step on ahead him, slink through the one-person gap ahead of them in the crowd that happened to develop around the bar itself. It wasn't something that was entirely dense, but there was more of a crowd around the bar as opposed to those that found themselves resting in groups of two elsewhere within the vicinity. He moved through a bit slower than usual- more caution to him as Lyn was capable of slipping right through. Rubbing shoulders with the Sith literally wasn't as great for you as it was metaphorically. He wasn't willing to test their patience either.

The Droid had managed to arrive at the bar after shuffling through a particularly thin gap, unintentionally easing himself alongside someone who happened to have their back turned. His eyes wandered over the drink collection, Kole's hand rising to his chin as it grinned against the stubble that was there before idly pointing in the direction of a specific bottle. The bartender offered him a questioning look after pointing at the bottle, and Kole completed the silent exchange by replying with a nod.

A glass, of course, was filled and passed to him. His hand clasped around the glass raised, held almost against his chest whilst his arm bent at the elbow.

[member="Lynnori Cruz"]

[member="Tamara Wren"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Irella Vizsla"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Oh, Ronan had felt her anger.

Her fury.

Knew it was about him as well.

Every time she looked at him the beat of her heart grew harder, tighter. The skin flushing with heat in minuscule ways. Vizsla didn't know why she was angry with him and in truth it only served to amuse him. At the very least it was some sort of emotion after months of stoicism and unfeeling. Maybe a different man would have been concerned, curious or even insulted. "When you have had enough of that heat festering inside of you, you know where you can find me, Tam." That was all he said, before letting her go.

He still watched her as she disappeared in the crowd.

Only then did Vizsla react to Vilaz and Koda. Eyeing the latter first.

"Always."

Then the latter. "Wife? No." Never. He had one wife in his life and she had abandoned him for a choice she had forced on him. Between one love... or the other. "Curiosity I am trying to..." His eyes, pitch dark, slowly moved to Irella as he said that. "...crack."

"Enjoy yourself, Munin. Try not to shoot any more wrist rockets."

Then he passed them and joined Irella.

Only there, at her side, did he seem remarkably unsure what to do. Fingers tightened around the lid of his helmet. Keeping it firm against his side, while he studied the crowd.

"What do you want to do?"

ea9be6b2b0.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Outdoor Dining Area, Unspecified Time
Spider Flower | Interacting with [member="Kole Harper"] (Others TBD) ~ Young and Beautiful ~ "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"
——————————————————————

"Nice choice."

Always good to know it's alcoholic approved. Lyn looked over to her companion and smirked, her own drink mixed and served to her with almost reverence. A wink was sent in the HRD's direction before the Zeltron began to sip at the glass, leaving a pink stain behind from the lipstick applied earlier. A very... Zeltron thing to occur.

"So. Come here often?" It was obviously a joke; something about him looked like he was about to crawl out of his own skin and she hadn't quite been down with that. Sure, they were both uncomfortable considering the company, but, you know. They'd still come here to enjoy each other's company, so if he got his mind out of getting steady employment (No goal anyone should work towards, honestly) and got his mind into her, then they'd be making magic once more.

Another sip of burning drink and she exhaled into the glass. That trickle of fire down her throat had been a sorely-missed desire, an old friend, another companion alongside Kole to usher in the night with.

Keep it under control, Lyn.

Another 'controlled' sip, and she set the glass down on a coaster for now.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

e1f9126f31.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Courtyard, Unspecified Time
The Lady Still in Beskar | Interacting with [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Koda Fett"], [member="Tamara Wren"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Briika Munin"] (Others TBD) ~ Hushh ~ "Demons calling, they'll eat your soul."
——————————————————————

To witness someone drown on dry land was definitely a feast for the eyes.

Hard enough to be here among people she barely considered strangers, meant to be one of them despite all she had to learn still. Hard enough to then be cloaked in the Dark Side as an added 'feth you', one that made her sway and buckle under the weight spiritually. It was that which had led to her spacing out for some of their time after their rather dramatic entrance, only snapping back to reality upon hearing Ronan speak distantly.

Irella couldn't help but wrinkle her nose a little upon then hearing what the Munin-- Vilaz? --had to say, how he'd asked Ronan about her like she wasn't even there to hear it or, better yet, answer. His wife? Ha. No. Never. Not in a thousand years, not if he became the gentlest man in the galaxy overnight. Even then, she couldn't begin to picture Ronan as the domestic-type. No, she was certain he had too much of a beast inside to get anywhere near that sort of life, what sort of lover would a man like that make?

And yet something persisted. Unable to cross her arms due to holding her helm, the rogue shifted weight uncomfortably.

"Your daughter is like you." The newest Vizsla noted quietly with a tip of her head once the Alor had shuffled on over to where Irella had stood stalwart, having given him some privacy to discuss with his fellows and, she suspected, the closest thing he got to friends. A blonde brow curled a little as she watched Tamara slink away. Alike, but definitely different, Tamara's presence in the Force was more than enough to confirm that to her. Father and daughter both seemed content to be old friends with a Vizsla's white-hot anger, at least. A short, tense exhale, and she finally found the guts to meet her plus-one's dark eyes head-on, "Is it bad I prefer the Chasm to this?" Even saying the name of that hellhole was enough to sour her face, but it warranted saying; at least there, there had been a general understanding of what to do, where to go and, inevitably, who to gut in order to reach a tangible goal.

Here, among devils? She knew about as much as he did, of what to do. And all she knew was no gutting allowed.

There was no pause after her remark to allow for his reply, which no doubt would only serve to infuriate her in some subtle way, "--I think I might need a drink." He was coming or he wasn't coming on her mission to settle nerves, she concluded, as a roaming waiter with flutes of what promised to be stiff drinks caught Irella's eye and the short female in armour made a beeline to collect like a loan shark after debts on Coruscant.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Vestille Thumahra

Blakeslee Falls Estate, Galdiraan
Accompanied By (Hopefully): [member="Kylea Varjo"] | Interacting With: [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Objective: Blend In.

He watched on as a silent vigil. It was here that he realized the sheer difference in height.

The realizations seemed to link from one to the other, the more he watched on that he himself stuck out like a sore thumb. He had never taken into consideration of the difference in height between him and many of the others that reveled and danced with one another. Lovers kissed, friends embraced and associates made their introductions to one another perhaps for the first time; the General meanwhile did none of these things-- For he was too busy watching and mulling over thoughts in his head. Vestille had never questioned the Death Trooper program nor had he ever looked into the details since his newfound 'freedom'; no, he had taken the words of his superiors at the time and used it as gospel to never be questioned or looked into. Yet it was here, at this ball, that the General's eyes allowed themselves to open fully. Perhaps for the first time, he felt the cybernetic implants and results of numerous surgeries tug under the dress uniform that he wore; the first time that he had consciously noticed that they even existed. It said something, to him, that to the first memory he could even remember-- The awakening from the operating room-- The mental shutters had always been in place, the button always there to lift them but never pressed for fear of what lay behind them.

Perhaps this was what off-duty meant, what leave meant; self-reflection and discovery.

Whatever thoughts or ponders that were to follow were suddenly halted by the two approaching figures. A quick sip of champagne and a rise of his figure from the rested position he found against the decorative architecture. As Admiral Yvarro made her introductions, the General offered a curt nod of his head and an outstretched hand in a bid to have the gesture returned; "No matter, you made it now, have you not? A pleasure and my thanks, your words are appreciated, Admiral." his voice was crisp, ever the professional in an environment where hair could be let down and formalities could be dropped. Handshake or no, the hand was dropped back to his side as the attention turned to the woman at Yvarro's side; "And this must be your... partner?" A guess was better than assumption, after all. He'd get his answer soon enough.

A quick glance around those present, another caught his eye. Darth Maliphant was beside her but-- She seemed familiar. Something about her presence, the way she presented herself among the crowds--

Sovereignty?

The focus was quickly shifted back to the Admiral and the figure by her side.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Umai"]

He clicked his tongue.

The hiss between teeth and tongue almost sounding like a snake, curious and inquisitive, perhaps ready to bare its fangs and strike. But it was just Julian expressing himself from words to body language and even simple sounds. Expressive. That was one word you could use for Jul. "Ah, cyattie, ya life be formed by da men in 'em. Why? Ya strong an' fierce." His hip bumping into hers just a fraction harder than before. "Da red fire within is strongah dan da, ya? Dun run to 'em, from 'em, dat way ya run will be part of life 'til ya die."

A shrug followed there.

Maybe Umai was okay with that. Maybe she had made her peace with it, if so... then Jul wouldn't stand in her way. But it was a waste of a life as far as he was concerned. It was there that he laughed again.

"I dun' run, Umai, I explore at mah leisure." He leaned in again, his hand stroking up from her wrist to her elbow. "I take mah time..." Again his presence against her neck. If she thought he'd just do it once and be done with it? There were probably worse disappointments. "Discover. Enjoy. Move on." A moment later they walked up to the courtyard of the estate.

It was still bustling with more people flooding in by the moment.

Apparently it was quite the success indeed.

He flashed his invite, but didn't even look at the attendant. All his attention was on her. Focused. Discovering as they went.

"Gardens be here. Pretty and lush. Wanna explore 'em together?"

A Vizsla.

It was such a complicated creature. They burdened themselves with the trust of one another, felt all that was real in a bond that tied them all together as one. It was a foolish mistake in a Galaxy so cold, so harsh, so unforgiving and unrelenting. The Bounty Hunter lead such a pitiful existence in isolation and self-solitude, believing the nonsensical nature of the thoughts that filled his mind. Blinded by his only desire, and as Ronan was to soon put it, 'the end of the legendary Koda Fett'. His first mistake, if nothing else, was believing that everyone looked at him the same he looked at them; he never saw a person that lived and breathed, only an employer, a target, and an obstacle. Truly his own worst enemy.

The Bounty Hunter had traversed a flight of stairs, idly wandering the second-floor as his Visor fell down in an attempt to witness any and all that he had known, or interacted with before. All those Sith Lords and Imperials alike in which he had stained his hands in the service of. He had placed himself at the balcony, surveying the land ahead of him, noting even those from the Mandalorian Empire.

His T-Visor had stared in their direction. An almost puzzled expression concealed beneath his helmet, accompanied by that of a scowl and a furrowed brow. To see them in suits, dresses, and a... crown. "Hmph." Fett scoffed whilst placing his arms over his armoured chest. He stared at [member="Yasha Mantis"], [member="Kaine Australis"], and [member="Adara Raxis"] with a predatory stare, for all he saw was one large pit of credits. Almost endless. Tempting, no doubt.

[member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Irella Vizsla"] | [member="Tamara Wren"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Briika Munin"]

Location: Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate - Ballroom | Second Floor
Bumping into: [member="Darth Maliphant"] | [member="Nilia Saavilin"]
Nearby: [member="Vestille Thumahra"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Once she had descended the steps into the ballroom proper, it was easy for Vaylin to disappear into the crowds. Attention that had been previously on her with her announced entry, had shifted away allowing the Valkyrie a breather as she made her way across the room towards the second floor. She was able to blend in, although just barely with the shiny uniform making her stick out somewhat.

Vaylin was half way along when she felt someone brush against her shoulder. She would've passed it off as nothing, if she hadn't felt a pang of familiarity in the Force. The Sith had frozen on the spot, watching the back of Maliphant's head as he and his plus one carried on seemingly in the same direction she had also been heading.

The Slave.

It was a hiss of a thought, with a measure of venom laced into it. The last time she had seen him, was as enemies; chasing him through The Behemoth high above Dubrillon. It hadn't been until that whole thing was over, that Vaylin had learned the identity of Judas' partner-in-crime.

And now he was here? Something wasn't right, and she'd be damned if she let it go unanswered.

Vaylin followed them, briefly losing sight of them until the pair were ascending the stairs to the ballroom's second floor. Though the walk to catch up with them did help clear Vaylin's head a little. Enough that common sense dispersed the haze of anger. How could he have gotten an invitation if he was still an enemy of the Empire?

So she tempered her ire and changed her approach. Now up on the second floor, it was much easier to overhear what was being said. Vaylin heard Maliphant mention Vestille Thumahra, the recently appointed General. And low and behold, as she followed where they were looking she found their gaze watching the General as he conversed with Yvarro and Raaf.

It seemed odd to her that Slave would be patient and wait. From her previous encounters with the man, he struck her as the type that would try sliding into the conversation.

Much in the same way Vaylin was just about to do.

As a waiter walked past her, the Valkyrie quickly grabbed a glass of champagne. She sipped at it first before she approached Maliphant, placing a hand on his shoulder first and squeezing slightly. Vaylin moved ahead a bit, then turned around to face Maliphant and Nilia. She offered the woman a small smile, but the focus wasn't on her.

With a clearer look at the man, Vaylin noticed the differences in his appearance. Namely the fact his eyes didn't look like he'd been awake for several days in a row.

"Well now, I certainly didn't expect to see you here."

Interacting With: [member="Shoma Ike"] & [member="Muad Dib"]
Wearing: Custom Suit with Shimmersilk Half-Cloak.
+1: [member="Icarn Amonta"]

Even with his focus being on the conversation at hand, Adrian never stopped searching the crowd for familiar faces. At this point, it was more a habit than anything else, a telltale sign of having spent uncounted hours prowling the complex social circles of high society.

As he listened to the boy's views, how he somehow had managed to reconcile the Jedi ways with hereditary power, he was pleased to note a number of interesting personages, though his own date had yet to arrive. Of course, that did not bother him all that much, as he had never been one to baulk at jumping into social interactions all by his lonesome.

There were, of course, the big players. They, however, had largely been anticipated in advance. What interested him more was the presence of a pair of familiar faces, though the circumstances surrounding them were wildly different. First, there was [member="Farah"], a scientist through and through, from what he had seen and heard. One of these days, he would have to prove to her the superiority of Force-based science over more mundane pursuits.

Second, and much more surprising, was a man he recognised only from an intelligence briefing. A briefing that had taken place before boarding the man's starship; officially in pursuit of his capture, but in Adrian's case mostly in the search for, and appropriation of, corporate secrets and the other Sith's research material. Last he had heard, the man then known as the Slave had been captured, but now he looked perfectly at home in this most Imperial of circles. Strange, that. He knew the Saaraishash could be persuasive, but this was out of the ordinary. Out of the ordinary was fun.

While surprised to find another party entering their conversation, the Sith socialite quickly recovered, though he gave up his attempt at making the Jedi question his motives as quickly as he had begun. It was obvious that he was confident in his views, and there was no point in making the night unpleasant by being pushy, that would be rude.

"I don't believe we've met." A slight nod. "The name is Adrian Vandiir." Smiling wryly, he chuckled slightly.

"As to that title, it stems from the tournament I won while still an Acolyte." Smile turning impish, he continued. "Turns out, underestimating a Sorcerer, even a novice one, is the definition of a bad idea." If he was being honest, he was still surprised he had come victorious; he had gone face to face with fellow Acolytes, a Master of Ren, and a Zambrano that could likely have snapped him in half if he'd given her the chance. Perhaps he had been lucky, perhaps the Force had been with him, or perhaps his willingness to use dirty tricks had won him the day. Whatever the case, he certainly had nothing to complain about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom