Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor's Ball

Ishana Pavanos

I
Galidraan

Blakeslee Falls Estate
Ballroom > First Floor
[member="Kaalia Pavanos"]

And with bated breath she waited, and on the dance floor the Pavanos remained. Ishana had been caught in another wide grin and so their dance continued as the music played on. She followed her wife's lead and as the music moved - as the waltz played on Kaalia spoke. A raised brow from the Balmorran as her Kro Varian wife went on to elaborate what this was all about. She nodded along, yes she did want to schedule another appointment their stroke of luck hadn't followed through nearly as well as they had hoped.

The conclusions she had drawn before were reality, as Kaalia informed her that they were indeed expecting. Ishana stood there a moment, having stopped her movement completely. She forced the others to dance around them, and took a small step back just enough to look her wife up and down. "You." She began, words formulated on the tip of her tongue. "You're..."

Mostly.

Rather she was at a loss, Ishana's voice made a series of joyful noises. The Balmorran guided Kaalia off the dance floor - and into a kiss, and then another. Her mind needed to form the thought first and then speak, "you're pregnant, we're- oh habibi." She whispered and kissed her wife once more.

Her fingers curled around the bit of flimsy, the card that had appeared, as if by feat of legerdemain, in her hand. She didn't inspect it now, just palmed it, thumb holding it against the inside of the armor's gauntlet. She couldn't feel it against her flesh, but something about it seemed to almost vibrate through her.

She didn't know it yet, but it was the beginning of a path that could change things for her completely. Only time would tell.

A slight, awkward laugh, then a shrug, face sheepish.

"I guess you're right, I just thought for a second.... but no. Strangest thing."

Was it really? At an event surrounded by Force Users, was it really?

Another part of this that was so hard to swallow. She'd been sentences to death, not even for using the Force, but simply for being (apparently) unwilling to give it up. For running, even if that hadn't been her intention. Her father had lifted that sentence.... and she had died anyway when she had returned. Yet here they were now, elbow to elbow. Better the Sith, to her father, than the Jetii. And yet....

"Guess it's easy to get spooked here, huh? How is it.... working for the Sith?"

A genuine curiosity. She and her father did the very same, in their own way. But they had very little direct truck with them.

[member="Anden Fancelo"]

Without secrets once more, enjoying her reaction
Ballroom -> First floor
With [member="Ishana Pavanos"]

Breaking the news and finally letting it out in the open caused Kaalia's heart to feel a lot lighter. It had been exceedingly difficult to keep the fact they were expecting a surprise, but now she didn't have to any longer, in front of Ishana at the very least. There was still the rest of the family who had no idea just yet, but knowing her wife that wouldn't be for much longer. She was going to have to brace herself for the reaction some of them were going to have, with her mother in-law being on the forefront of them all, even if the predicted response was a very joyful one. Perhaps it would be a bit, well, overboard in the redhead's eyes. Unlike Ishana, they did not know they had been planning any of this. Still, that was all in the future. Ishana's reaction was unfolding right in front of her that very moment.

The freezing in place, then the small step backwards, the look she gave her, and then the flustered attempt at forming words followed by what Kaalia presumed were supposed to be words but were no more than incoherent sounds of happiness. Those things alone were enough to make keeping the secret until that moment more than worth it. It had taken a lot of time and convincing from the brunette for Kaalia to warm up to the idea in the first place, leaving little doubt that Ishana was indeed beyond happy with the news. For a long time the Kro Varian had been very hesitant about the premise of having children, and not just because it was something she had never truly seen parenthood up close before. Although she always made sure to not be away from home for long periods of time, even in busy times she would find ways to come back to Dromund Kaas, it didn't provide for the consistency children often needed. With this starting to change due to the shift in her duties and the seeds that had been planted in her head by Ishana, eventually she caved and now they were here.

Seeing and feeling the happiness that radiated from her wife, Kaalia couldn't help but be amused by her loss for words and look back with a wide smile. "Mhm," she simply replied to Ishana's attempt at saying what she wasnted to say, giving her a bit of space to let it sink in. Before long though she would be led away from the dancefloor, and from there she went from being amused by the reaction she had gotten to sharing in the joy. One kiss turned into two and the world around them disappeared once again.

"It's still a bit surreal to me, to be honest." Then there was the third kiss and that one was followed by one more, but this one came from Kaalia herself. "Never in a million years did I think this would how my life would go, but here we are," she said with that all too familiar chuckle. "And there is nobody I would want to write this chapter with but you. You're going to be an amazing mother, miala." She looked her over and watched her beaming, and in that moment simply knew the future was looking nothing but bright.

One thing was certain the moment Yasha spied [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Abel Australis"] out of the corners of her eyes.

Yasha owed Abel’s Legion a lot of tihaar. Half the Empire of it, she’d expect, by the blush then smile on Kay’s face. She had her own case of faces to concern herself with, and now that meant [member="Alvarex Zambrano"].

The quiet which settled between them was neither uncomfortable, nor rash, but a gentle delight in company. Finding her way meandering against his side, Yasha’s amber eyes absorbed the questing glance on his face. As if lost in his thoughts, Alvarex stopped and listened. Pondered the words she spoke in their native Epicant tongue.

Stopping short of tugging him off to another location in the garden, Yasha couldn’t help the grin which spread upon her face, nor the stuttering giggle at his hand’s demand for silence as he tried again. Her fingers stroked along at his, taking his hand in hers and pressing it once for a few mere seconds, against her cheek.

“Perfect. Thank you for humouring my obsession, I don’t get time for botany much. Someday.” He was leaning closer, the warmth of his body edging toward hers. Yasha’s cheeks burst in a bright and furious red. She looked over to [member="Kaine Australis"], as settled and happy as he’d ever seen her, even with her enemies up the stair. What was it like for Kain’ik to see a young woman falling in love? Was that what this was?

A taste of life if she were to fall for the Zambrano Prince?

“Yes? Another surprise as beautiful as your beard, Rex?” Had the oxygen on Galidraan drained off the planet? Was the atmosphere stricken with a sudden shift? Research conducted, dangerous and surprising? Why was Yasha’s heart thudding against her ribcage!? She was the warrior Mand’alor! She was no…. no….. no GIRL!

Yasha looked to Kaine and smiled, giving him a nod and the hand signals for ‘as you wish’. It occurred that perhaps being in the company of only Alvarex Zambrano would create yet more stir… but surely if not alone…

“Yes, show me. Whatever it is, I am sure you made it the best you could. Or you researched it as best you could… what is it, Rex? Tell me. You can always tell me.” Looking down, Yasha realized she held his hand in both of hers. Chin turning down and away, Yasha struggled with the blush on her cheeks. The music shifted, another waltz. Her shoulders swayed to the delightful rhythm, as she took his arm in hers.

“If it is something to do with armour, then the Mand’alor and Warmaster are the perfect vode to help you solve your conundrums. Eh, Kain’ik? Shall we?”

He couldn't help the chuckle as he followed her to the table where the tea rested. Rubbing his bearded face he turned his head, eyes scanning the vicinity as he listened to [member="Lady Kay"] speak. He had seen the Mand'alor with both [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] and [member="Kaine Australis"] and wondered if they were behaving. A smile twitched on his lips as he focused once more on the Queen as she handed him a cup of tea.

"Thank you milady."

Raising the cup to his lips he tilted it back for a deep drink. Immediately he realized his mistake. The tea went down his throat, a molten liquid that brought immediate tears to his eyes and a cough as he raised a fist before his mouth. Kay had said she preferred her tea hot, an understatement. He was pretty sure he had just melted his esophagus. He wheezed slightly as he spoke.

"That's .... good .... Nice and ..... soothing ...."

His hand shook lightly as he raised the tea cup again and blew lightly before taking a small sip. The taste of the tea was lost on him as the heat of the liquid had scalded his taste buds, the small amount drank on his second attempt feeling like he had taken a small amount of lava into his mouth.

Looking at Kay he knew she had to know what he had done, the comical expression of trepidation as he raised the cup again a mixture of determination and fear. He blew on the once more as he glanced at Lady Kay.

"This is ... wonderful .... Thanks for giving me ... This experience ...."

He was mando'ad. He had fought countless foe on many battle fields. Yet the thought of taking another sip threatened to release a whimper from the massive Mandalorian.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was about to protest when [member="Abel Australis"] went to have a sip. Well she figured he'd have a SIP. But instead he took an entire gulp! Didn't he see the steam or felt the heat from the cup? Oh boy. Maybe he was far too used to drinking cold beverages.

She put down her own cup and grabbed a cloth napkin, handing it to him, both for his tears as well as any tea that might've spilled over him. Her expression was one of concern coupled with amusement. Abel was a silly one, that's for sure. And he REALLY didn't know how to drink tea. "You probably just killed your tastebuds for a few days. Here. Put this sugar on your tongue." Kay reached over and grabbed a spoonful of sugar, holding it near his mouth like she'd do for a young child. "It'll help heal your taste buds a bit sooner. Don't swallow it right away,
Let it sit on your tongue for a minute. "

At least she knew one thing. Tea was good for taking out foes as well. But that was if they were inexperienced with it. Of course she could always throw it at people too.

She spotted [member="Yasha Mantis"] , [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] and [member="Kaine Australis"] nearby. Yet they seemed to be on the move again. "Let's go catch up." Kay hooked her arm in Abel's again and waited until he was ready before she approached the trio, her eyes glancing about at every shadow. Hopefully they'd get to leave soon.

Anden Fancelo

Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, Gardens
Objective: Socialize
Interacting with: [member="Tamara Wren"]
He gave a soft shrug and nodded to the idea of being spooked easily. It wouldn't be a surprise if some of the sith here enjoyed bringing fear about, even in the most calming environments.

But as she provided Fancelo with quite the question, he glanced down to the floor, rubbing his chin a bit in pondering. Eventually giving a shrug. "Different, very different from where I'm from. First you're working under the authority of a sith who seems to be quite the honorable individual. Next thing you're working under the authority of one that just blows up a city." He said, rather quietly as well.

"I'm adjusting to it still, despite the amount of time I've spent in the Empire. I..." He shrugged, sighing a little.

"I'm not used to the signature brutality that they always come with, is all. I still follow orders, and do my duty. Cause I swore an oath, just like the others that are like me."

He finished off with that, looking over at her with an expression that was stern, as if he was being tested. Although his answer was honest.

The Outer Rim Territories // Galidraan // Blakeslee Falls Estate // Ballroom
Interacting With: [member="Astrid Gray"]

0b983febc33bf95fda92c69559583bd9-dc976k8.png
There was a moment, as their hands connected, that Khonsu felt his fingers tingle with coruscating arcs of nigh-perceptible energy. The electric sensation flooded his nerves of his hand, enhanced further by the sparkling flute of champagne that drowned his tongue, and forced his lips to move of their own volition. They peeled back to reveal the polished enamel chips beneath, as a warm and genuine smile overtook his darkened features. It was antithetical to the facade his patrician features wore mere moments earlier, as that pseudo-expression was for the sheep who chased after the coattails of those with power. He was considered by many to be the embodiment of the worst aspects of civilization; whose loyalty ran as deep as another’s pocketbook.

While such claims were true in many respects, it still stung his pride when these cretins and wretched never considered him as their equals. If the ballroom floor was a battlefield, well, the results would’ve been self-explanatory. The most combat they’ve ever seen was within a highly controlled environment, where there were plenty of safeguards to keep them from bruising their flesh. There was also the possibility of hunting down captured or seditious citizens on some backwater world, where the hunter was perfectly safe from harm and never once stepped into the bloody mire beneath their repulsorsled.

However, as the Lady Astrid tugged on his hand and guided his feet towards the ballroom’s dance floor, such vile thoughts faded away into the darkest recesses of his mind. His face and the smile remained set in place - as if they both were carved out of smooth obsidian - leaving only his eyes to betray his momentary period of contemplation.

Thankfully, his newfound companion had found herself scanning their surroundings as they forged a path towards the centre of the twirling congregation. There were swathes of admirers that turned their gazes away from their dance partners and placed their beloved gazes upon the Mistress of Sith-Imperial Propaganda. When they shifted towards her compatriot, Khonsu wasn’t afforded such looks of veneration. Instead, they viewed him with envious eyes; secretly wishing that they found themselves in his place, rather than the other way around. He couldn’t blame them, as if he was in their shoes - it was likely that Khonsu would think along the same lines and feel the rush of jealously well-up within is breast.

Yet, here the Gilded Mercenary was, in a position that others silently coveted.

It felt good.

It was at that very moment, that those atop the Orchestral podium picked up their instruments and began playing once again. This time their elective song was more upbeat and allowed for those upon the dance floor to move of their own volition. There were couples that surrounded the Gilded Mercenary and the famed Hero of the Empire who danced in tune - whilst there were others who danced alone - or apart from one another. The Lady Astrid had chosen to blend both aspects of the swirling congregation into one, as she danced on her own before returning to dance with her newfound Sellsword. Khonsu was a quick study, but when it came to dancing the man was passable. He was a soldier, almost through and through. There was little time for him to stop the ceaseless cycle of war to learn of the finer things in life.

When the Lady Astrid had elected to speak, the Mercenary was glad that he had yet to step on her toes - as they glided across the lightly scuffed marble in unison. She asked him of how things have been since he had claimed the title of Twisuns Praetor, and for a moment - Khonsu was unsure of what to say. He couldn’t tell her that he was secretly training to become a Warrior of the Sith, whilst serving in the Sun Guard. If such a truth were ever to come to light, the man would be ruined and summarily executed for betraying the bonds of brotherhood. There was a distinct difference between taking wealth away from the Sith and openly accepting those whose ancestors nearly wiped their culture from the annals of history.

Nor could he tell her of the sickness beating in the heart of his organization, and how through his teachings - the man planned to excise cancer festering within.

He had to choose his words carefully.

“Like many things in life,” Khonsu began, allowing his smile to slowly fade as his face adopted a more serious demeanour. “I’ve found myself becoming increasingly bored the higher up the pyramid I climb.”

Tossing an errant glance in the direction of the Sith Emperor, or at least the towering figure that the Sun Guard assumed was the Sith Emperor, Khonsu added; “I can’t imagine what it must be like to rule over a burgeoning stellar empire, let alone command untold millions to change the fate of the galaxy - one world at a time.”

“If I may,” the Mercenary said, as his darkened gaze drifted back to his masqued companion. “How does a woman like yourself cope with the boredom that power and position bring?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom