Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor's Ball

Sodding drunk. That was the mission parameters. Unfortunately for him, the wine tasted like hutt piss, and less potent. Shaking his head at the unpleasant memory that gave him such insight into the flavor of said liquid, he moved through the ballroom, a behemoth even without beskar'gam. As a server went by with a tray of drinks from the bar he generously freed her of her burden and continued walking through the preening peacocks gathered this day.

Of course today he was one of them. Walking around as beautified as his vod, Alara Narvene, could make him. A smile crossed his bearded face at the fight he gave the woman during his fitting. A shrug of his shoulders destroyed the first suit. The finished product gave him the appearance of civilized company, and he had plenty experience of 'fitting' in when he ran the Division.

Taking a sip from one of the tumblers nearly made him gag. A fruity concoction then left an unpleasant after taste in his mouth. A shiver ran up his spine as the second drink was a far sight worse. The third tumbler however left his throat burning and threatening to close as the liquor made its way down. A pleasant warmth spread. Taking another drink he sighed as he reveled in the sensation.

A server returning to the bar with an empty tray found a large Abel blocking his path. Handing over the tray of horrifyingly bad drinks the Colonel raised the glass before the server's eyes.

"Whatever this is, bring me another tray. And keep them coming."

As the server scampered off Abel gave a silent prayer to his ancestors in the Manda that he had identified the drink. As he scanned the ballroom his eyes lit upon the Mand'alor who was with the Queen of Commenor. Turning in their direction he frowned as he saw the Infernal's child with his brother a small distance away.

Looking at the Prince of the Sith try to ingrate himself to the women he grimaced before heading towards his brother. In route the server returned to his side with a tray of drinks. Giving the man a glowering look as the server left, he hoped the drinks were the same. Pausing he frowned. He couldn't stomach another bad drink. Then he laughed.

"Ner vod, have a drink!"

[member="Yasha Mantis"] I [member="Lady Kay"] I [member="Kaine Australis"]

Valgærd

I could have stared into those deep brown eyes forever.

It wasn't simply that Julian was handsome. I had met handsome men before. Hells, it wasn't even that he was clever, for I'd met clever men before as well. For a moment, a pang of something shot through me at the memory. Shame? A little fear? I'd covered my tracks well, but William the Bloody was not the kind of man many successfully crossed... or escaped from. But that didn't matter now. I was free, and tonight was about me... and apparently, Julian.

His arm brushed across my stomach, the fabrics of his sleeve and my gown all that separated us in that moment. I accepted his offered arm, elegantly sliding my hand into the crook of his elbow. Now with my cloak hanging down my back the gown was on full display. Not supremely extravagant, quite the opposite in fact, but the slit from ankle to hip on one side was striking. Slutty? Maybe, but it would be a hell of a lot easy to run in something like this... if the need arose.

We walked side by side, hips touching as his hum provided a background ambience. Again, he soon spoke, that beautiful baritone and unusual accent like a fine wine. Not one, but two. I glanced at him, catching his eye as once again he leaned in close enough to make me shiver. He asked for a secret, promising one in return.

"Aye, a secret for a secret," I confirmed. Taken though I was, I wasn't about to let him weasel an answer out of me without ensuring I'd get one too, "Mother was a Dathomirian witch, my father was a Correllian businessman. However it was my mother's brother who raised me. As for you..."

I Paused, raising an eyebrow as I made a show of looking him up and down,

"Who were you speaking to earlier? Other than me?"

Divider.gif
[member="Julian Imani"]​

ea9be6b2b0.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Outdoor Dining Area, Unspecified Time
Daffodil | Interacting with [member="Kole Harper"] (Others TBD) ~ Young and Beautiful ~ "The crazy days, city lights."
——————————————————————

The laugh that left Lyn's chest was deep but amused, a roll of the eyes to chase it, "Oh, come on, it's not that fragile. I like those kinds of drinks too." Her voice was light, a little patronizing, gentle enough to not actually offend, just gently tease. That seemed to be the norm, actually, how she perpetually exixted. Not offending, just teasing. Never serious about much at all except for a few rare things.

"And I'll try to not go off too much. Honest." Her voice lilted low then, indicating a level of genuine reassurance, a conspiratorial expression across her face that seemed borderline smug. Oh, no, she actually thought that she could handle it. The arguably worst aspect of Lyn was that she was entirely self-aware as to how crazy she could get sometimes. And they really were there on business, at least, he was. Woe be to her to ruin that part of the evening for him, ruin their financial prospects, lead to an all-around disaster.

Maybe a smaller disaster would be better.

As if in line with that ideology Lyn's free fingers nervously tapped on her bodice; she wanted a stimstick, a craving starting to take root. It was a good night to smoke, socially, around others. Yet once again Kole tempered her, an uncomfortable exhale leaving the Zeltron upon the decision to not race back to their speeder to get her drugs.

They eventually reached their destination. Nothing lasts forever, including mysterious garden paths, which meant they had finally reached the pavilion that would be serving food and refreshments. Sure, there was a lavish buffet that might have enticed her if she wasn't sure she'd eventually throw up whatever she ate up, but it was the elegant bar drawing her attention, "Come on, before someone other than me drinks it dry."

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Umai"]

His clothes were distinctly less elegant than hers.

Ragged, fraying at the edges, some of it was leather (that almost seemed to have been skinned by him personally than anything else) and the rest fabric sewn together by him as well. It was dark, as dark as his eyes, but it smelled of the rain.

Fresh and pure and free.

"Dathomiri... mmm, ya ya, this be known to me, thank you." Oh, he could have told her that he had studied with their witches when Jul had been younger. But she hadn't asked. Secret for a secret and none would ever come free.

Freely offered? Never.

"Ahh, ya be goin' straight to da meat of things, lady la silver, I approve. Da hunger suits ya. I talk to my friend on the other side." He smiled there. Like it was a private joke of his. "A spirit, bound to me. Shadowman I call him."

Head tilted.

"He dun like being da talk of da town, ya?" His hand brushed the bare side of her wrist. Nail running against it casually.

"I taste more... more more more, yes. What are ya running from, miss Silver? Tell me."

GALIDRAAN
BLAKESLEE FALLS ESTATE
THE OUTDOOR DINING AREA
Kole couldn't help but laugh alongside Lyn in that moment, even if his was lighter, more contained than the Zeltron's. Might of been that he just didn't feel as much, or he kept himself reserved- even if unintentional. Kole simply wasn't the most evocative of individuals, least with words. It was typically his stance, his subtle changes in facial expressions that old more than anything else. An exhale of air and a simple, brief glance to the ground beneath their feet later and Kole had said, "I know." In response to her genuine statement of reassurance that most definitely was. Since, really, a smaller disaster was likely enough to be manageable. Even if he didn't trust her understanding of self-control.

​Drugs, on the other hand, were bound to topple it all over. Kole had smoked here and there, but never consistently enough to really call himself a smoker. He hadn't dabbled in anything more... unbecoming, either. If Lyn had? He was sure to think differently at that revelation, especially if it had become an addictive vice. It simply wasn't his thing.

His eyes had wandered once more upon entering the dining area, taking in the sights and garnering a familiarty for the environment in which they had found themselves- led to by Lyn. All this food, all these drinks, so much to see, not enough time to indulge oneself in it all. "Alright. Go get your drink." He encouraged, nodding forwards in the direction of the bar.

[member="Lynnori Cruz"]

Rowena Ewesa
Post 2
Attire: Short Black Dress
Location: Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, Main Floor of the Ballroom
[member="Karl Von Strauss"]

A distinct crimson flush washed over Rowena's tender cheeks as Karl pulled her tiny form closer to his chest. The smell of his distinct masculine scent and undoubtedly expensive cologne wafted into her nostrils, which she breathed in luxurious excess. Two gigantic cyan orbs stared up at Karl, before the subtle lines of a shy smile shifted their position on her creamy features.

"Thank you, Karl." She replied softly, as she raised her left hand and placed it on his shoulder, while her right hand locked with his left to form what she knew was the position of a typical ballroom dance. However, the pose did little to conceal the comical height difference between the two dancers. "I went to a graduation ball, which was where I danced for the first time." Rowena began. "But, I don't have any formal training, unfortunately." She added.

Rowena was already feeling quite energetic on account of the bouncy music being played by the orchestra, which seemed to be transitioning to a slower and more intimate portion of the song. The sound of the dainty flutes and graceful violins vibrated in a soothing manner against her ears, and the urge to dance with the handsome man in front of her manifested itself with a few gentle taps of her heels against the ballroom floor.

"We shall!" Rowena answered eagerly in response to his request for a dance. "Try not to step on my feet." She added in a playful tone, while giving a coy wink.

Valgærd

We walked up towards the state, arm in arm, walking closer than two whom had just met ought to.

I blushed at his touch, but also, at his attire. Not because it seemed so woefully understated for the event we were attending. On the contrary, in fact. There was a part of me, not an inconsiderable one, that felt silly all dolled up in a gown with my hair and makeup done. This was the mask I wore, a far cry from the practical clothes I was used to. That part of me wished I had my normal attire... although that part of me also wished I could just flee this ball and disappear into the woods.

Shadowman. I hadn't been expecting him to actually indulge me, to give me a straight answer--well, straight for Jul. So, he had a spirit bonded to him. Oh, I would have loved to know what it thought of me. But, he mentioned that it didn't like to be spoken about, and I respected the trust he'd extended so far. Another time, perhaps. He ran his finger along my wrist, a trail of goosebumps following in its wake as I felt a delightful shiver race down my spine.

Then came his next question.

It... caught me off-guard, and I stiffened a moment. I was tempted to give him the rehearsed half-answer that I told myself whenever the thoughts came crashing down. Perhaps I should have, but... how was I to expect to learn anything from him if I didn't extend the same courtesy?

"From? Or to?" I replied, answering his question with a question. "I'm running from... a man. A powerful one. A Crime Lord. Running to... another man, the one who dared slay a Dathomiri witch."

I swallowed, why was it so hard to say his name out loud? It wasn't like William would suddenly appear like some bogey man.

"And you, Jul?" I asked, "why do you run?"

Divider.gif
[member="Julian Imani"]​

Vaulkhar remained silent as he slothfully followed after his father, striding elegantly through the room. His eyes wandered from his father and his horde of women, searching for something else to catch his eye. There were dozens of beautiful men and women dancing through the hall, moving about, falling into conversation... Well, it was a wonderland for the young man's visual senses. While he wasn't normally interested in the average ball, perhaps this would shape up to be something worth attending after all. As his father strode deeper into the home, he veered off course and moved off to the side. He was a member of the entourage only for appearances, as a Zambrano it was his responsibility to the family to come to this event. However, now that he's found at least some entertainment in it, the half breed wanted to find something to do other than trail his father. Vaulkhar knew under no circumstances would Kaine be in danger this evening. The Emperor was surrounded by men and women who both feared and respected him. And at that, his uncle was beside him as well, ready and willing to slaughter anyone who threatened the Emperor. A duo more powerful than likely any other within the room.

As the half breed wandered off to the side, he took a glass from a nearby waitress as she moved past, downing the bubbly drink before setting another onto server's tray as they moved. The gesture was swift enough the server in question likely didn't even notice his movements. As his steely, gray gaze scanned his surroundings, he could not help but notice a particularly beautiful woman, gracefully moving through the crowd in an opulent, yet simple dress. Vaulkhar's eye rose as she piqued his interest, a smirk drifting along his lips as he moved towards her. Taking a deep breath, the young man cleared his throat and allowed the smirk to slip away. He couldn't remember the last time he spoke to a woman in regards to a social situation. Now that he thought about it, it never actually happened. Nerves bit at the edges of the man's conscious thought, though he strode forward. No Zambrano turned his back on a challenge, whether it be a hostile soldier or a beautiful woman at a ball. Vaulkhar paused momentarily as he watched her interact with a small group. Manners were important, as interrupting her would be, well, entirely contradictory in his goal of winning her attention. After a moment, he continued forward and gently plucked another glass from a server. He cleared his throat upon arrival, offering the woman a slight bow before offering her the drink.

"Evening madam, I am Vaulkhar Zambrano, Prince of the Pacanth Reach and son of the Emperor, Kaine Zambrano," Vaulkhar paused at that, steeling his nerves before offering a smile. "I couldn't help but notice you moving through the crowd. You are absolutely stunning. I was hoping to garner your attention for a dance, perhaps even a conversation."

[member="Dae"]

Outer Rim Territories // Galidraan // Blakeslee Falls Estate // Courtyard.
The Gilded Mercenary | Twisuns Praetor of the Sun Guard | Invited on behalf of the Sith Empire.
Evening's Attire - [Link.]
Nearby: [member="Kaalia Pavanos"], [member="Ishana Pavanos"], [member="Astrid Gray"], [member="[/FONT][FONT='courier new']Anden Fancelo"], [member="Yasha Mantis"], [member="Irella Toldreyn"], [member="Ronan Vizsla"], [member="Tamara Wren"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], and Others.

UoQqRnS.png

The glittering, gilded invitation danced between his darkened fingers; catching the light of the passing lamps that were strung overhead. It was a gift from someone within the monolithic bureaucracy of the Sith Empire - a token of respect for his service over the past year in expanding the borders of their burgeoning magocracy. The man had spent days leading up to the event in silent contemplation, regarding whether or not he would accept the summons and devote an entire evening to the splendours of nobility. When the Solvognen reverted from the swirling azure tides of Hyperspace and weighed anchor high above the world of Galidraan; his mind was made. He was a Twisuns Praetor now, and master of his own warship - it was expected of him to act as the public face of the Golden Company. Thus, the Thyrsian had no choice but to adorn himself in his new finery and mingle amongst those that once enslaved him years ago.

Khonsu let out a heavy sigh, as he fought against the memories of the past. Those ashen revenants threatened to rouse themselves from the annals of history and seize command of his consciousness. While there were times that such acts of reminiscence were appropriate, this was not one of them; especially when he would be surrounded by dozens - if not hundreds - of Sith warriors and nobles. If anyone of them were a trained telepath, his shrouded history would be opened to them. It wasn’t something that the Desert-born Scion wished for them to see, as none held any right to know of his tumultuous past. Without hesitation, the Sun Guard swallowed his impressions of the past and filled his mind with thoughts of the future, and what it’s ever-changing tides would entail.

“We’ve arrived,” a mechanical voice intoned, spilling into the sealed passenger compartment of the luxury speeder.

His hooded eyes turned towards the towering barbican of opulence and splendour and felt a measured sense of awe trickling through his thoughts. Hundreds of crystalline windows dotted the exterior of the structure, tucked behind the crenellated protection of sandstone arches. In the dwindling sunlight, the massive estate looked as if it was wrought from lusterless diamonds and beaten gold. It was almost breathtaking, and Khonsu knew that was the intent - to inspire newcomers to relish in the magnificence and to enforce the ideals of one’s greed upon those that stalked those cavernous halls. When his senses returned, the Thyrsian palmed the access panel affixed to the speeder’s interior panel and allowed the atmosphere of luxury to spill into his contracted repulsorcraft.

The Gilded Mercenary wasted little time in disembarking the ebony-hewn speeder. His form, now revealed to the gathering masses, was draped from head to toe in leather - dyed the hue of golden umber and inlaid with ivory silk. It was an ensemble that came in two parts and was crested by three strings of coloured prayer beads - sewn into the collar of his tunic. They were inscribed with dozens of Thyrsian runes; each bearing some significance to those that hailed from that ancient Desert world. Useless, to those that didn’t know of the of the Thyrsian language, but a puzzling mystery to those that did, as it held a riddle regarding his beliefs in the all-powerful, and all-knowing Sun.

Without the pleasure of a guest, and without his fellow Guardsmen, Khonsu made his approach to the decadent Estate. Of those he knew, the man offered gracious nods of greeting but carried on with his path. To those who he didn’t know, but offered him a welcoming glance, the Thyrsian returned the gesture in kind. His stride wasn’t broken until he reached the security checkpoint, where his invitation was taken and he was searched for weapons. Upon finding none, the man bequeathed his name to the Guards - which had set them to the task of locating his moniker upon the guest list. Something they had done twice, to ensure that they were accurate. When they were satisfied, the Mercenary was waived through and permitted entrance into the estate.

There, the Foyer would await, and so too would those who dwelled within.

[SIZE=10pt]Casual conversation was pleasant, but when there was a break in the conversation a new face joined in. She was surprised, she had not expected anyone to notice her – especially when there were so many other’s in the room. A soft smile spread across her face as she used her hand to lightly cover it, coyishly in nature. The man that injected himself into the conversation was handsome and a gentleman. Extending her hand, she accepted the glass and nodded herself. He was a Zambrano and with that name came absolute respect. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Its an honor that you noticed me, I’m speechless.” A soft blush danced along her cheeks as she took a sip to coat the dryness forming in her throat. A prince noticed her, every girl’s dream. Listening to the song that was playing, she wanted to wait a bit for one she truly enjoyed. “Let’s start with a conversation, your highness.” A soft chuckle and another sip, she continued to smile and moved away from Sir. Morus Jerill. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You’re quite stunning yourself, don’t sell yourself short.” A compliment as she waited for him to lead. [/SIZE]

[member="Vaulkhar"]

The only parties or festivities Vilaz ever attended were those hosted by someone of his culture which were tenfold better than those of a “civilized” society. There were drinks, recreational drugs, fights, food, and no one had to wear a dress or behave proper in order to please the other guests. Some would deem it backwards or barbaric, comments and opinions that reflected off from Vilaz as he simply didn’t gave the slightest damn what one had to say about him or his people. The only thing that concerned him was the wellbeing of his family, House, and strategies on bringing the Infernal and the Mandalorian Empire on its humble knees.

So when Ronan, a trusted comrade, invited the Munin for this ball held in Sith-Imperial territory the Concordian could only raise an eyebrow in surprise. It was one of the last things he expected from the Alor of House Vizsla; however, he didn’t decline and agreed to accompany him with his wife. He learned that Ronan’s daughter, Koda, and a...date(?) of Ronan’s would come along too. A company that Vilaz wouldn’t mind being with as he did like those belonging to the Fetts and Vizslas. There weren’t that many good spirited Mandalorians left after the Red Coronation, and the Fetts and Vizslas were those that the Concordian wouldn’t hesitate to stick out his neck for them.

As for Ronan’s date? Well, Vilaz would be indifferent of her for now. He didn’t know she was cursed by the Force and if he did, he’d completely disapprove of her. The Warlord was still zealous of his beliefs that every Mandalorian should be free and cured by the Force. Whether by medical procedures or death.

And so the company of Mandalorians came to the castle, but they’d come on their own terms. They would not surrender their armor and wear a suit or a dress just to mix with these outsiders. That would be a sign of them surrendering their customs and traditions and conform to foreign ones. That was not their way, and they’d be damned if they did something like that. However, they’d make sure to behave appropriately as they were under someone else’s roof. No doubt people would frown at them and talk behind their backs for not following their norm; again they wouldn’t pay any mind to them.

After they passed through security by revealing their faces, Vilaz immediately put back the buy’ce on his head. He was always like this when outside of home, never giving anyone the benefit of seeing his face. The Warrior followed Ronan’s lead when entering through the main entrance of the castle. After so, Tamara then left with an attitude aimed for her father. He couldn’t blame the woman, not most Mandalorians would enjoy being in this type of scenario though he didn’t know her true intentions of why she seemed rough with Ronan. Koda, too, left without saying much except warning the Vizsla of his date. Peculiar as the woman did dress in Mandalorian armor which Vilaz could assume that she was one of them. Perhaps she had a troubling past that considered her a compromise?

”Don’t worry, ner cyare. I’m a man of my word, besides it’s not convenient to annoy our allies,” Vilaz replied back to his beloved wife in a whisper, looking at her through his visor. ”The only thing that requires disintegrating are those that reside on Mandalore.”

He then turned his attention to Ronan. ”She’s your wife, vod,” with a curious tone of voice accompanying what Vilaz asked. It had been a while since he had last seen the Vizsla despite their respective Houses sharing the Echoy’la system together, governing it and making it a temporary home until the winds changed.

Changes that he hoped would come soon.

[member="Briika Munin"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Tamara Wren"] [member="Irella Toldreyn"]

The young man dipped his head in response to her compliments, accepting them graciously before turning on his heel to move after her. He fell in pace beside her quite easily, his attention split between the direction they moved and Dae herself. Vaulkhar held out an arm to her, hoping she'd loop her own around his as they moved. The music selected for the ball was surprisingly enjoyable considering those who planned the evening festivities. As they moved away from the group Dae initially was a part of, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I do appreciate your compliments, miss. I try and hold myself to the standard expected of me for my station," Vaulkhar paused at that, his gaze once more scanning his surroundings. Perhaps a nervous tick or perhaps calculated paranoia? One could not be sure with such a deadly environment surrounding the duo. "I would find it difficult to miss you in such an environment. You radiate both beauty and sophistication, more so than the dozens surrounding us, which is quite a feat considering the occasion," he offered a warm smile at that. "If I may be so forward, miss, may I ask for your name? If I am fortunate enough to share the company of such a beautiful woman, I would like to press my luck and perhaps learn her name as well."

The half breed was surprised to say the least. Outside of his father's palace on their home world, such sophisticated events were rarely visited. He was not used to carrying himself in such an environment, but it seemed to come natural to the young man. He sent a thank you mentally in the direction of his father, one the man would likely miss entirely.

[member="Dae"]

Dope intro track enclosed below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-464xiq4Jt8
"Hit it." The command was coldly and swiftly given, to which the Rodian cabby complied. The cramped taxi came to a halt at the gates of the estate. Shambling out the rear, and foreshadowed by a thick cloud of acrid smoke, three figures stood tall. They were monsters of men, all standing over six feet tall. Blakeslee Estate stood before the trio of Death Troopers, glowing in the early evening. "Twigg, tip the lad, wouldya." The leader ordered. The largest figure approached the poor driver, and deposited a handsome sum of local currency, mostly small change with some notable pieces. Twigg slapped the taxi, and it shook beneath the force, and with that, the Rodian took his leave and left.

The trio walked towards the nearest security gate, passing along their credentials. The guards looked over them, and visibly tightened their body language at the advent of their arrival. Checking themselves and their weapons at the arrival of these veritable monsters. But, after about three hours of heavy drinking, none of the troopers minded them. In fact, the largest of the group, Twigg, grinned, and starred at them, an unnerving, domesticated look in his eye. "Busy noight ladss?" His syllables dragged on with the question. The guards muttered something briefly and gave a swift nod, which satisfied the mountain of a man. The guards gestured into the estate, and the troopers entered.

Representatives of the First Order military they were. That was the official story. But that didn't matter to Rexus Wenck. No, instead what mattered was how much of a score there was to plundered. Be it in the way of the freely catered booze, or perhaps some company for his bed, Wenck was ready to indulge. Nothing excited the trooper anymore. Cybernetic and bio augmentations meant that enjoyment of most vices had been stunted. Even to get to the buzzed state he was enjoying now, Rexus had skulled enough Galidraanian scotch to skin a rancor, and while commando work entitled one a hefty paycheck, the days of nightly hangovers and blackouts were over.

So tonight would be a nostalgic redux of that period. That drinking before primed him on the razor edge between, semi-civilised gent, and full on animal. And it would be this party which would slip him down to his roots. With a smirk, as he took a drag, Rexus lead the ALPHAs to hell. One which they would raise.

With: Macho Man [member="Hard Luck Frank"]
Wearing: Simple black dress

“Just try not to do anything ungentlemanly.” There was a sarcastic curl to the deadpan humor of her tone. When it came down to it, Farah didn’t care if he acted like the perfect Lord or a barbarian. While the latter would be more difficult to work with, at least it would offer some form of entertainment. The good doctor had attended her fair share of charity events and formal medical ceremonies, enough to know that you could interchange the guests, outfits and venues and it would still be just as boring.

A quick glance around the room would leave her mind to change. Maybe he wouldn’t be out of place in being a barbarian with the amount of Mandalorians streaming in. And maybe she could have gotten away with wearing something racier, judging by the amount of cleavage and exposed thighs she saw fluttering around. The first faces she recognized belonged to the high seats of the Zambrano house, [member="Darth Carnifex"] and his hand [member="Darth Prazutis"], men with accomplishments and titles to no end. Two of the Emperor’s wives walked arm and arm, elegant and lovely as always. Kaine had introduced Farah to her ‘family’ early on, among them being his harem of particularly beautiful and exotic women. Strangely enough, that had fascinated her early on. What did one man need so many women for? She understood later.

Farah procured a champagne flute from a passing tray and drained half of it in one go. She didn’t offer her date one, figuring he’d be able to manage on his own. “Tell me about yourself, weirdo.” It wasn’t difficult to sound interested, but boy did her tone scream fake.

The Zeltron adjusted one of the shoulder straps to her gown, a black number that contrasted with the vibrancy of her pink skin tone nicely. Her wandering eyes would not stop, lingering over the familiar form of [member="Adrian Vandiir"] as he spoke with an Atrisian boy. She squinted, lips still pressed against the rim of the glass as she struggled to remember where she’d seen him before. The fancy clothes were throwing her off—she didn’t recognize anyone here save for a few important faces. Her hand lowered the glass and she let out a small ‘hm’, recalling the face from aboard the infected station. A fellow Sith and more importantly, a fellow scientist with a pride for his craft that matched her own. She loved competition.

Perhaps later she’d inquire about what scientific endeavors he’d been up to, but that thought quickly fled as her sights settled on the masked figure of [member="Dr. Vain Jar'He"]. It was not her usual attire, no, not her typical mask and enshrouding robe combo. The mask and robes this time were more…festive? Appropriate for an event like this? Jain didn’t like events like this, not that Farah had ever asked. She didn’t need to ask. It couldn’t be anyone else anyhow and she just got that Jain vibe.

Was it…disappointment? Something in the air seemed to be scrutinizing her. While she and the other doctor didn’t share a typical familial relationship, Vain had overseen her cloning process and Farah had gone on to assist her in various procedures. Downing the rest of the champagne quickly, she raised it slightly and tilted her had in Vain’s direction before turning towards her date in an attempt to continue to look interested in whatever he was saying. Or wasn’t saying.

The Ballroom
Wearing: Zhongshan Suit, Shimmersilk Cape, HoloLink
Interacting with: [member="Adrian Vandiir"]
Page_divider_FOSB_with_grad.png
"I'm sure you wouldn't; I'm from Corellia, but these days I rarely visit the Core aside from business deals and the acquisition of relics."

Power.

Of course, the conversation would go there. The boy imagined it was a Sith's favorite topic.

He wondered if they understood it at all.

"No feeling, really. It is a privilege to serve. That is the Jedi way," the teen responded in kind, clasping his hands down in front of his body as his posture seemed to relax into what seemed to be a conversation with this Sith Knight. Certainly, an odd event in any case. "And, strange thing about power since you mention it... I find that the more I give it back to the people, the more I am given."

The first thing that the Galactic Alliance had done was to replace the Imperial style of government with a representative democracy. Elections held in each region to determine how they would be represented in the newly formed Atrisian Parliament. An election that had resulted in the people of Xiaolang electing an Imperial government back into power. Followed by a parliament vote that had failed to sever the hereditary monarchy from the political power, making Shoma both the heir apparent and the prime minister.

Even still, Shoma deferred to the Parliament on all but the most immediate threats.

It was by no means perfect. The Parliament was divided along political lines that marked the division between the Imperials and the Alliance supporters on the planet. But even if a consensus was not always forthcoming, it seemed that there was bipartisan support for keeping a recognizable symbol of the Atrisian people in power rather than have one installed for them, as had been the case under the One Sith.

"Maybe I'm doing it wrong," the youth deadpanned wryly, the edges of that political smile tugged at slightly with the casual remark.

"But, what about you?" Shoma noted, turning the conversation back on the man. "Imperial champion, was it?" the boy recalled, noting the title with which the knight had been announced.

"That is quite a title. I'd be interested to know what it refers to."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Galidraan

Blakeslee Falls Estate
Vestibule > Ballroom | Second Floor
[member="Taeli Raaf"] | Mingling with [member="Vestille Thumahra"]
40oX25i.png

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do a bit of mingling, would it?" The Rear Admiral walked with the Lady of Secrets on her arm. She greeted fellow members of the Armada with a nod of her head and a how-do-you-do. Her red hair had been pulled back into a tight bun, above her collar, the five-foot-eight native Galidraan walked with her beloved up the stairs to the second level of the ballroom. "I realize now that this means we've been exposed, although, we were perhaps the worst kept secret." A bit of a chuckle as she looked around the area once more she guided Taeli toward a railing as they looked down. "Ah, look I believe that is the dear [member="Adara Raxis"], of course with her must be [member="Kaine Australis"] which can only mean that [member="Yasha Mantis"] is not too far away." The mention of a certain Prince may have taken the Mand'alor away for the moment.

Fiolette's azure gaze turned and fell upon the violet orbs that belonged to Taeli. A soft smile as the Rear Admiral leaned down and gave her love a kiss, and then she deepened it a moment. "I love you," she said with a smile. Balance, she'd been giddy about this ever since Corellia. They had confessed their love and now here they were at a ball, on display for all to see. "You have absolutely changed my world, you know this, don't you?" The joy in her voice could not be mistaken, it was then she turned her ear to catch the change in the music. A playful melody that spoke to the characters present at the ball, "mhmmm, oh- isn't that... that's." She gestured toward the man, who stood so tall that he towered over her. "Ah yes, our newly minted General Thumahra unless I've read the Military Gazette wrong."

She then guided Taeli over as she made introductions, "General Thumahra? Rear Admiral Yvarro, I was hoping to make your acquaintance at the promotion ceremony although I'm afraid I was called to duty elsewhere."

The music throughout the ball's venue could be heard the notes began to change and transition until the sounds of the next song were heard...

FQenBQm.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkwa5BDBN5E[/media]

“Ba’vodu Caz’ika!” Adara hopped up to hug [member="Caz Australis"]’ arm and giggle into the kiss on her forehead. Caz was ever beautiful, and had a kindness none could discount. She settled Baba [member="Kaine Australis"] and maybe that was a good thing.

The Dark Sided nature of the energy in this event brought a spark of life to the Infernal Child. She hopped a bit higher, cheeks flushed with rare health, energy increasing. For one like her Baba, who saw her every day, the shift was visibly noticeable, the child flourished.

“Come! Come on, you two, Glomkhoduil is calling can’t you hear him? Baba, please!” Adara got behind Kaine’s leg and pushed, her patent shoes sliding on the ballroom floor. Behind her, [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] was announced and Adara hopped up in an attempt to view him.

“Dokki’Rex?! Baba, can you see him? Wait, where’d he go?! I bet he went looking for Buir.” Off Alvarex went, and there went Adara straight to [member="Darth Carnifex"].

Ducking under the adults, Adara scampered to the imperial and daunting Dark Lord of the Sith.

“Glomkhoduil!!” The crimson dressed girl ran the last few steps, throwing her arms open for the man, who saved her life. Emperor Kaine Zambrano. If he allowed it, the Mandalorian child would give the Dark Lord a childish hug.

“You look so pretty, you match my dress! I get to have two whole dances and time in the garden before Aiya takes me to bed. May I introduce you to Baba, please?” Adara curtseyed to [member="Salara Zambrano"] and [member="Invicta Zambrano"], and reached back to take Kaine Australis’ hand.

“Emperor Kaine Zambrano, Warmaster Kaine Australis. Did you see Dokki’Alvarex leave? Did he go to find my Buir? Thank you for having the party!”

Interacting with: [member="Adrian Vandiir"] , [member="Shoma Ike"]
Wearing: Suit

The man had arrived early to the event. When approaching the entrance he had offered his invitation, a representative of Atrisia, and shrugged at the request for his name and title to be announced as he would enter.

"A Mad Man."

Entering as the announcer tried to decide if he was actually supposed to herald such an introduction, the man slipped in and disappeared from view which saved the other man of his conundrum. Easing to the bar he waited for a bartender to arrive.

"Whyren's Reserve."

After receiving his drink he slipped along the edges of the ballroom avoiding interaction yet not seeming to be an outsider. The tieless black suit blended him in with the plethora of Sith that we're equally garbed. Sipping his drink he watched the arrival of many, seeing a few that he would normally have approached if he wasn't waiting for someone specific.

Then the announcement of the Prince drew his attention. Turning in that direction he eased through the crowds making sure his drink was unmolested by the press of bodies. That would have been a travesty. It was a good year after all.

Nearing the Prince he slowed his steps as it appeared he was already engaged in conversation, a Sith Knight. Narrowing his eyes slightly he finally lowered his guard and allowed the flow of the Force to slam into him. Darkness. Evil. Death. The darkness swirled about the room threatening to infect all with it's persuasive power.

Nearing the other two he paused and closed his eyes breathing in deeply. The Darkside was strong and overwhelming. But for the Mad Master it was like an aphrodisiac. A shot of adrenaline. His own aura met the darkness and danced with wild abandon. He embraced the power that hit him like a wave. However he was not undone by it. He was the eye of the Storm, he was the whirlwind.

Opening his glowing, blue eyes he turned them to the Prince and the Sith as he closed the last few feet. Pausing he offered the ruler of Atrisia a slight nod before turning to look at the Sith. A playful smile crossed his lips as he winked.

"A Sith Knight, how quaint. Hmm, power. A very interesting subject. What is power? The ability to choose your own fate. Most beings in the Galaxy do not have the right to choose. Most owe their freedom to a master, whether it's a government or an order. So in a sense the Prince is chained by his office, by his responsibilities. Yet he chose to accept this burden, and the heavy weight of leadership. A two edged sword, leadership is."

Sniffing lightly he tasted the power of the Knight and a feral grin crossed his face. But this was to be a "pleasant and civilized" outing. Glancing at the Prince he inclined his head once more.

"Power, even reluctant power, is a burden. And sometimes one must make a choice to bend in the wind rather then stay rigid in the storm. Only then can one weather and survive the storm to see the following day."

Turning once more to the Sithling he nodded.

"I too would be quite curious to know what accolades you have garnered to be called 'Imperial Champion'."

His smirk crossed his face again as he waited with the Prince for the answer.

Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate

Currently In: The Ballroom, near the stairs to the courtyard.
Interacting With: [member="Nilia Saavilin"] │ [member="Vestille Thumahra"]

The Haunted Commander was not someone Maliphant was a stranger with, oddly enough. He had actually become ‘friends’ with him some time prior, over the discussion of training droids and sparring matches; he had simply failed to introduce Nilia to him as of yet, but later was far better than never. Besides, the man was soon to be on another trip to their home for combat training purposes with both Thesh and Nilia. Nothing like giving them combat experience than sicking an aging, drunk, war veteran on them with a stun blaster and a cruel demeanor.

Maliphant offered her a small nod, motioning for her to follow as he spoke;

General Thumahra is no stranger to me, Apprentice. I heard him declared entrance some time ago, so he should be here...”, he said with an informative joy.

For a moment, Maliphant paused as he considered where the General might have run off to; though he didn’t feel him the type for social events. They had never really talked deeply, but it was simple enough to read that the man known as ‘The Haunted Commander’ was certainly not the most social of people, more the kind that found solace on the battlefield rather than in a ball, though when seen through the eyes of conflict, it was places like this that created wars in the first place. A heartbroken lover here, the siege of Troy there, it was tough to say where politics ended and the wars began.

As the two moved through the crowds however, Maliphant spotted the presence of [member="Taeli Raaf"] and [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], that which had betrayed the Alliance and one of the admirals of the imperial navy. He had heard of them both, though the former more so, most notably in how well she personified the aspects of The Sith, and the title of Lady of Secrets. It commanded respect, even from Maliphant, heavily in part due to her outranking him in the Imperial hierarchy and the fact his internal brainwashing chip told him to do so, though without it he’d be hard pressed not to do so regardless.

Instead of approaching however, Maliphant stopped them just short of the group, though well within sight. Just enough to maintain some visual condition of the conversation, and in the hopes Vestille might notice his business partner and make the effort to come near. Maliphant quietly turned to Nilia and looked down upon her;

Its best we wait here for now. I’m not a Sith Lord, and interrupting the conversation would be a great disrespect to my superiors.”, he said with a subtle smile, through one that seemed vaguely defeated.

Once he’s done with the conversation however, we’ll speak to him.”, Maliphant said as he turned to face his apprentice completely, and rest his hands on her waist, swaying just slightly in time with the music.

Salara Zambrano

S
Salara watched her son run around like a mynock with its head cut off. "Blood of the kings help me..." She murmured and [member="Invicta Zambrano"] shot her a look and then snorted. The petite Epicanthix rolled her eyes playfully and linked arms with the taller woman. Their husband greeted them and held the newest wife on his arm. Neither Salara nor Invicta had quite warmed up to her as it were, still, they were polite enough and nodded to her before they made their departure to see to the ball.

"You realize this is complete torture, don't you?"

"I promise you, we'll have our fill of death and murder after the ball, darling."

"All these wonderful vassals and not even a nibble of their energy?"

"Now, now." Salara shot Invicta a playful look.

Invicta gave her trademark sound of disgust and waved the smaller woman off. She hated window shopping, honestly, she had just given birth not so long ago her own energy needed to be refilled and here she was. Empress Invicta Zambrano now denied ample a meal, if only because Salara and on some degree Kaine had said no. Something about devouring allies being frowned upon.

It was as they made their way back to the ball that [member="Adara Raxis"] greeted them and then departed. The two looked at one another and then gave the child a nod of acknowledgment before she disappeared. "They're so cute at that age," Salara remarked, and Invicta held back her own comments and guided Salara back to the ballroom and better yet to their thrones so that they might look, gaze and gossip about those in attendance. It was as they entered they heard the music change, "ah one of my absolute favorites." The taller of the women commented, while the shorter one crossed the ballroom ahead of her.

As the two sat down the sounds of the playful melody cruised through the air. "Mhmmm I am delighted that this made the cut."

"Well, you know, it helps to be in with the shape shifter." Invicta said with a wink. "Oh will you look at that? There, over there that dress."

"I see, yes - what of it?"

"Well you see it doesn't quite fit and was four seasons ago at least, remember the fashion show on Bespin?"

"Ah no, you are absolutely right, yes well." Salara held in her smile as Invicta continued on, the two then laughed about it not caring who saw them or who laid their eyes upon the two Empresses. "Oh well you know we may as well try to conserve our energy if we're to try and keep up with Saijo later."

"You are absolutely right darling." Invicta agreed and looked back out over the ballroom as the guests were announced.

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom