Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor's Ball

Fiolette Fortan

F
Blakeslee Falls Estate bore the honor of hosting the first annual Emperor's Ball. The Earl of Tremaine County was quite pleased with the set up thus far. The estate's massive courtyard now opened itself to recieve guests from all over the empire, from Bastion to Bonadan the Ball would be the talk not just the empire but perhaps the galaxy for quite sometime. Some of the Empresses had arrived ahead of the Emperor [member="Darth Carnifex"] to help prepare the venue. The Earl had been informed that several of the attendees were from as far away as Dosuun, and others from Mandalore. He was left to tend to the orchestra having been given a very specific set list for them to play, which began with a rather enchanting suite.

The night's event was put on to celebrate the many victories of the Sith Empire. A way for the Sith Lords and Ladies, along with the many servants of the Empire to relax and unwind. A large turn out to the event was expected and as the Earl walked the venue he smiled, balconies were ready to recieve couples whispering their sweet nothings. Secluded alcoves were crafted from the gardens so that there was a place away from the crowd. The ballroom's chandelier shined brightly, and the Hall of Nobles was ready to recieve all manner of guests.

Security was to be handled by the Empire mostly, although the Earl had provided some manner of forces from his own county. There were also volunteers from all over the Galidraani system. He was nervous but also, excited never before had he nor had his planet been given such a duty. The planet's claim to fame rested mostly with [member="Natasi Fortan"] who exuded the best qualities among them. Whether or not she would be in attendance was still up for debate, the Earl as well as Governor Parlow who was sure to be in attendance hoped she would be there.

[member="Yasha Mantis"], Mand'alor the Infernal had confirmed her attendence with the Prince, [member="Alvarex Zambrano"]. Queen [member="Lady Kay"] Arenais had also confirmed her attendance, although the Earl could not quite place who she was bringing with her. The Earl took in a deep breath and exhaled. There would be so many people of importance here and he hoped that they would all enjoy themselves, after all. They deserved it, after defeating the Galactic Alliance and throwing off the would-be rebels.

The Earl checked the outdoor dining and bar, and watched a moment as the waiters were given a briefing and the food was set up along the tables. He checked the time on his pocket watch, my, time had flown hadn't it? He rushed out from the outdoor area and took the path that led back to the courtyard and up the steps to the vestibule. It was time for the ball to begin, and as the Empresses [member="Invicta Zambrano"] and [member="Salara Zambrano"] emerged to meet with him the man took one last look to survey the area. Satisified with the decor and staff as they took their places. "Earl Borthwell," Empress Salara greeted him, "thank you so kindly for opening your home to the Empire. We are very grateful."

"Oh, please, your majesties - it is I who am grateful for such an opportunity."

"Darling, we shall remember this for years to come I'm sure of it," Invicta reassured him and then looked at Salara, "shall we?"

Salara nodded linked arms with Invicta and then the two Empresses disappeared into the ballroom, and Earl Borthwell was left there at the steps. He took one last look at the time on his pocket watch, and then tucked it away just as the orchestra began...

bE66t9A.png
FQenBQm.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lacrnHnBtLY[/media]

This was not his sort of event, and he was not really happy to be our of his armor. However, he was now the Alor of Clan Awaud and he had no choice but to show his support of the policies of his Mand'alor. Walking up to the event, he wore a Suite that his brother had left him as well as legacy he could not out shadow at this time. The board of directors and donors of the UTC did not want Jake to attend such an event as the Empire was still blockading their shipments through Commenor. Jaster was never heard from again after the Siege of that planet, and he felt that it was the way he would have wanted to go.

Taking the steps up the grand door before him as one of his Clansmen handed over the invitation to the door man. Though the individual there seemed more armored then a Mandalorain hunting a dragon. It only made him want his flight armor back on. "Alor Jake of Clan Awaud has arrived."

He was here for the Mand'alor, [member="Yasha Mantis"], as a clan who bowed before her rule he was forced to make an appearance. When he was allowed entrance, he told his clansmen to fall back and made his way inward to the party below. First finding the his leader of the Mandalorain People and making way to greet her. "Su'cuy Mand'alor, Alor Jake of Clan Awaud, you were close friends with my brother and I just wish to show my appreciation for offering me a chance to be here."

Jake was a little stiff at this whole thing, like a soldier trying to fit in with high class. His brothers death left a hole for the Clan, and he needed to make sure not to loose face or show weakness to anyone. Mostly to the Mand'alor, she needed the support of all the clans, and he needed to show he was a good heir to his brother.

I twirled the corners of my moustache, straightened my collar, tucked a taozin amulet down my shirt, straightened my collar again, and headed in. Stang, it felt good to be a gangster.

The music wasn't my scene but I could play that role. Wouldn't be the craziest thing I'd pretended today, not by a long shot. For starters, I'd already pretended I liked Lord Dinane's chrome speeder when the dang thing could barely break mach one. So I didn't have much trouble faking music appreciation. I'm one of those people who's got a playlist going in the back of my head, all the time, and some days I can even pick the song. Today it was an old favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJD8ABf5jbY

Tonight wasn't a night to let the old alcoholism get the better of me, so I didn't even let myself look at the drink table. I got lucky: the ordurves (Hors d'oeuvres? Too many vowels.) looked darn good. Got a little plate of deviled nuna eggs and braced myself for the worst part of the night, which was looking even nastier than expected. Getting social. Making connections. Mingling.

"Balls."

The Emperor adjusted the collar of his uniform, a blood red Imperial military tunic and matching trousers that would definitively make him stand out amongst the crowd of mingling Sith, Imperials, Mandalorians, and even Commenori. Sashed around his waist was a black belt with an ornate silver buckle, and his hands and feet were covered by black leather gloves and boots respectively. The fringes of his tunic were trimmed with black fabric, and the symbol of his Empire was fastened across his left breast where the normal rank bars would be for any old normal Imperial. Draped across his shoulders and down his back to about his knees was a luxurious gold cloak emblazoned with the crest of his infamous House in maroon and black.

Each article of clothing had been specifically tailor-made for the gargantuan Sith Lord, crafted to his exact dimensions and specifications to allow ease of movement and his body to breath through the fabric. Atop his brow sat a circlet of onyx metal and square-cut rubies, while his long and oiled black hair was bound back in a braid and decorated with gemstones of dazzling brilliance. At this moment he embodied the opulence and glamor of his native people, the Epicanthix.

Three cultures, Epicanthix, Sith, and Imperial, uniquely fused within one singular man.

A God-King, a Dark Lord of the Sith, and an Emperor.

The shaped of destinies and the architect of triumphs, the engineer of the Light's downfall. This ball was held to celebrate and signify the monumental victories they had achieved over their enemies across the galaxy, who at every turn had attempted to lay the rising Sith low as they regained their strength, and at every turn, they had been soundly defeated and the future of the Empire cemented with keen certainty. There were none so bold who could truly challenge the Empire's strength now, only gnats who could bite and sting as they wished even though it made no difference to the titan that now strode amongst the stars. He was proud, jubilantly so, and he could honestly walk among these guests with a smile splitting his typically stoic features.

With one final cursory glance at his being, he strode out of his private chamber right as the Crestfallen II made landfall on the pathway to the Blakeslee Falls Estate, exiting his personal vessel accompanied by members of his own family including many of his wives who had not been busy organizing the ball in the weeks leading up to it. His movement was bold and certain, his stride long as he approached the gates of the estate and without a word or display of invitation walked past the guards, who knew better than to obstruct the Sith Emperor's path.

No doubt his entrance to the estate would be met with all manner of fanfare and revelry, and he would greet his subjects, comrades, and allies alike with a confident smile and an upraised hand in greeting.

[member="Salara Zambrano"] | [member="Invicta Zambrano"] | [member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Vaulkhar"]

Karl Von Strauss

Captain of the Duchess, 6th Fleet
Karl always like to arrive early, this showed as much as he arrived just as the gates would be open to all those who 'RSVP-ed.' Karl arrived in one of his custom and expensive land speeders. When he got out he lifted his white-gloved hands to straightened the tie of his suit, and to button his jacket closed. He walked over to the other side of the land speeder and opened the door for his plus one, [member="Rowena Ewesa"] . Though he knew that a large majority of imperials had slanted views on races other than human, Karl still invited her, and still planned on having fun at this grand ball.

Once, he reached the gates, he pulled out his invitation for the guards, while saying. "I'm Captain Karl Von Strauss of the First Order, and this is my plus one, Rowena Ewesa." He waited for the guards to authenticate his invitation. Once him and Rowena were through, he listened to the music for a second before asking, "So, Miss Ewesa, where would you like to go first?"

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom made sure he left his necklace and other items that might identify him a home. He came in something a gardener would have for special occasions. Basically a nice looking blue suit and bow tie. As he walked in he completely missed the herald managing to avoid the man in general instead handing his invitation across to a guard who just let him through. Apparently his plus one had already arrived as he saw [member="Morus Jerrill"]. He could have sworn the man said balls Tom laughed approaching him. "Hello Morus so glad you were able to find this place. I am glad you agreed to join me for tonight."

He then handed the man a rose from the bouquet he had brought with him. "To show you are attached to the commenor invitation my good man. I hope [member="Lady Kay"] shows soon, I have been waiting to show her these for a while." He was playing every bit a gardener who was just excited to get out. He just hoped no one from the mandalorian delegate blew his cover knowing [member="Jake Awaud"] was already here. He also had the thought that the mand'alor and the warmaster would be in attendance. Knowing them it was more than likely.

Similar to half of the brooding Sith, Farah wasn’t partial to parties. Not fancy ones, anyhow. Not the sort where reputations had to be upheld and respects were paid. That wasn’t relaxing or fun at all. Still, as a member of the Zambrano family she was expected, at least in part, to participate in some of the Empire’s activities. Work on Coruscant had been distracting her from the siege of Commenor and the subjugation of even more worlds under the Empire’s hand. The Sith were gobbling up system after system with no sign of slowing down.

Making her way through the courtyard, Farah took a moment to admire the architecture of the grounds. At least she appeared to. Or tried to appear to. While a far more bitter and direct version of her template, the clone had learned a measure of professionalism while working at Coruscant General. Sometimes it didn’t matter how good you were or how well you did your job—if you were sour grapes, you wouldn’t get the contract. Sometimes. Not all the time.

“Stand up straight,” She admonished the man on her arm, voice like the sharp crack of a whip that could make her interns cry. “You’re at a ball, not a whorehouse. Act like it”

He wasn’t ugly, just rough around the edges. Really rough. She’d made sure he was provided with a quick change of clothes and a bath before attending the event, but only because she was running late and didn’t have time to secure him. Farah had planned on attending the gala alone, imbibe in a few glasses of vintage wine, rub elbows with a few high-borns and call it a night.

She’d come across [member="Hard Luck Frank"] shortly before the ball. There’d been no time to lure, drug and secure him properly but somehow she’d managed to convince him to come with. He was…dense. Physically. Probably mentally as well. Super dense. Denser than he should have been. She wanted to know why. She would find out why. But there were formalities to attend to first, then they could get to the cutting.

Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate

Currently In: The Courtyard, in the foyer just before the stairs.
Interacting With: [member="Nilia Saavilin"]

As the hum of the speeder that drove the two towards the castle grounds speed on, Maliphant passed the time by staring out the window; taking in the lush snow capped mountains and beautiful vistas that graced them. The landscape was gorgeous, straight out of the epics he now spent much of his time reading; but what intrigued him more was the history of the land. Still, as interested in his surroundings, he couldn’t help but glance to who sat next to him; Nilia Saavilin, the eldest of his two apprentices.

The two had left [member="Thesh"] on Bastion for studies, as the situation seemed somewhat inappropriate for the young lad, despite the chance to meet others. Maliphant simply didn’t believe he was of a substantial enough caliber to speak to the dangerous Sith and Imperials who might appear without getting himself twisted into something neither of them wished to deal with; so for the safety of Harper’s Respite and Maliphant’s own growing presence in The Sith Empire, it was best to leave him home.

Nilia herself was dressed in a black, form fitting and matching Maliphant’s own; that of a black on black two piece suit that contrasted heavily against his otherwise pale complexion and alabaster locks, now braided in a single french array that swung loosely behind him with a corusca jewel embedded in a weight at the end of it; as fancy as he ever got it seemed. His grin grew as he looked at her, resting a hand on her thigh with a squeeze before speaking;

Loosen up. Its finally your time to shine, Nilia.”, he said with as much reassurement he could manage.

“We’re here!”, the driver uttered through the small window between the two chambers, coming into a slow crawl that left them both slightly off kilter, only to readjust as the valet opened the door; helping Maliphant out first from his side before Maliphant turned and offered Nilia his arm for support, as formal for such occasions. All the while, Maliphant held a joyous, jubilant expression that only showed how entertained he was by the whole idea of a ball; something slightly odd considering how often he seemed somewhat serious in his teachings.

As the two walked forward, Nilia in tow, they were graced with nothing but the bright aesthetic of a fountain in grand proportion, a great sign of wealth all things considered; the distant hum of music growing louder as they pressed further into the celebration. Into the antechamber, the two paused as the crowds mingled in their various groups, though Maliphant stopped for the sake of appreciate the massive pair of curved stairs, and awe inspiring decor that spoke to Galidraan’s history.

He grinned, almost deviously so, as he spoke to Nilia;

Beautiful, isn’t it?

Sienna Vekarr

S
Sienna stood, back to the food and holding a small plate of what seemed like a stack of everything on the table. Her eyes looked back and forth through the crowd as she tried to observe and watch the people in attendance. It felt strange, going to events like these. No matter how long she stayed with the Empire she always felt like she should be moving, like her father used to tell her years ago on that swamp world.

Instead she was here, stuffing her face and attempting not to draw attention to herself or become an embarrassment to her master. She wasn't sure if he was coming, but upon his request she was in attendance.

"Mingling" he said, "Meeting other powerful Sith." It was true, some of the Galaxy's most powerful practitioners of the Dark Side were gathered in this room, chief among them the Emperor himself.

She stuffed another meaty thing in her mouth, taking care not to spill any juices or sauces on her military best.

1a05e08f42.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Courtyard, Unspecified Time
The Lady In Black | Interacting with [member="Darth Maliphant"] (Others TBD) ~ Glory and Gore ~ "There's a humming in the restless summer air."
——————————————————————

"Stunning, Master."

Throughout the speeder ride to the estate, Nilia had been admittedly a little fidgety. Which was odd, considering her history; as a former Senator balls and parties were dimes a dozen, she could schmooze her way through a crowd in her sleep. Stars knew she did it enough for the Sovereignty, whisked through affairs on Eadu to Nar Haaska and every planet in between to lobby for her government as it grew into something monstrous. Something untamable. Now, she too was becoming like that under his teaching.

The old Nilia would have found great enjoyment from this party.

The new one seemed fit to hang on Maliphant's arm and glower.

Nonetheless, his vote of confidence in their transport was enough to elicit a genuine smile. She was excited. To be away from Bastion, at a party, among equals who could begin to understand her better than her old peers could. Smoothing the black gown as she stood from their transport, black heels delicate to balance on, the Acolyte briefly brushed fingers over the golden knot necklace at her throat; an expensive memory from the Sovereignty, but a memory it would remain. Locked to Maliphant by their interwoven limbs, she let him lead her, as was proper protocol, but her dark eyes swept over the area with a hum of appreciation. Yes, it was stunning. This planet would never match Eadu's austere, powerful atmosphere in her eyes, but it was close.

Close would do.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Vaulkhar waited patiently within his father's personal ship, already dressed prim and proper for the ball this evening. He wore a finely tailored black suit, bland in comparison to his father's attire. The only noticeable color upon his person would be shining golden rings decorating the ends of long, simple braids of his raven tresses. He wasn't particularly excited for the ball, these sorts of things never quite were exciting to him. His memory flashed back to his father's palace on their home world, months spent in his court, watching varying individuals wander in and out of his home for the sake of the God King's attention. It always bored him. Unlike his father and others in his family, he wasn't good with noble affairs, he was a warrior, trained by some of the greatest Sith Lords of this era to subjugate and conquer the foes of the empire. An empire he barely considered himself loyal to. So in these moments of silence before the event, the half breed could not help but wonder why he was here in the first place.

In the end, it was irrelevant why he was there. His father was there and it was enough of a reason for him to show. While Vaulkhar and his father did not have a particularly riveting relationship, the half breed was loyal to the Emperor without question. Vaulkhar respected Kaine for his strength, his conviction, and the aptitude for leadership that seemed natural for the man. When his father strode past him to depart the ship and begin the evening's festivities, Vaulkhar followed without question. He took up a place behind his father, three paces back and two to his left. It was a position he was comfortable and familiar with, offering him ample view of his surroundings on his father's off hand, or what he believed to be. If the Butcher King were threatened, his son would be there to defend him long before he'd even be bothered to defend himself. While he was not armed with his traditional weaponry, the half breed was more than ready with gear stashed away within his cybernetic arm, gloved and sleeved as not to give away the missing limb.

As the entourage entered the ball, his head swiveled from side to side, flickering from face to face as he took in his surroundings. Mental notes were made of various entrances and exits within the room, high ranking Sith, nobility, and anything worth paying attention to within such an event. The half breed's hands clasped together behind his back, his chin raised. Vaulkhar carried himself with an air of import fitting of his station as a Zambrano, though in comparison to the behemoth that was his father, he was simply dwarfed.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

Currently In: The Ballroom, watching the crowds dance.

Maliphant glanced towards her, appreciative of the way she had seemingly opened up at his support. They’d been together for some time, and while he certainly looked at her as an apprentice, he couldn’t help but enjoy her as a friend. The major difference being the stark age difference between Maliphant and Thesh, who he could certainly discuss and teach the theorem of the Darkside, but was hard pressed to relate to the mindset of the Sith Knight; which made having Nilia around all the more enjoyable.

Not as stunning as you, Apprentice.”, he said in a somewhat quiet tone, looking her over once more before settling with a subtle wink.

Come, lets not dally any longer; I’m sure they have an excellent choice of drinks for you.

With that, the Sith simply lead Nilia along, careful not to outpace her, and even more careful not to drag her into another group. Of said groups, some seemed to look on them, both for the odd beauty Maliphant carried, and the secondary smolder of his acolyte apprentice; a dastardly combo that meandered through the crowds like a wildfire through the trees. Maliphant seemed to ignore most of the stares, more centered on the goal at hand as he led the two up the stairs.

Entering into The Ballroom, Maliphant glanced over at the distant couples as they spun and enjoyed themselves to the tune of the enchanting symphony, his expression vaguely reminiscent of a child witnessing the beauty of his favorite theme park, though with its own grace and composure. As sure as the day had come, Maliphant seemed to worship the very ground The Empire stood on, and a ball to which he was invited with the great of the kingdom seemed all too much the dream come true.

His voice came somewhat excited, though withheld to the standards of the environment, speaking softly to his date;

It may be a bit soon, but would you like to dance, Nilia?”, he said with a refreshing earnestly.

GALIDRAAN
BLAKESLEE FALLS ESTATE
THE COURTYARD
It was certainly a strange situation. Kole wasn't a Sith, nor an agent of their Empire. Yet, he only happened to know somebody that was. That figure wasn't a friend, but an associate that had a certain fondness for Kole. An invitation had been extended, and promises of strengthening connections, networking, and finding future employment had been made. Perhaps in a Galaxy that wasn't so plainly ruled by the Sith, or the First Order, could he choose to be picky; but it seemed as if it were a moot point by now. The Sith were a tidal wave that was crashing down upon the entirety of the Galaxy. It was only going to take time, and when that wave finally breaks everything was to be consumed by all that is Sith. Even if, at one stage, they were opposing forces, Kole had deemed it almost necessary to seek refuge in their ranks -- or payroll -- before feeling the full force of imperial might first hand. Something that was far less desirable than the alternative.

Kole sat as blank as can be, almost unmoving whist his artificial eyes kept a fixated gaze on the areas ahead of them, specifically the estate itself after coming into view. It was within the passenger seat in which he found himself, and his Zeltron companion behind the wheel. Lyn was insistent on driving, or flying as it were, and he hadn't any real qualms with it. Their speeder was nothing like the others for it wasn't covered in chrome, nor was it the finest of personal crafts that credits could buy. It might've been easy to assume as such considering they hadn't a personal driver to begin with. Neither were all that rich, they'd just gotten lucky with their connections. Or, well, Kole did.

Nervous. There were going to be so many killers within one room, it was difficult not to be. Even then, Kole wasn't any different. It only made things easier when he lied to himself.

Lyn was typically the talker, and so when Kole kept his mouth shut she often preferred to pry it open in an effort to converse. It should of come to no surprise that as they began to ascend the stairs in the direction of the entrance, his hand loosely planted on her lower back as if he were guiding her movements, Kole hadn't a word to speak. Often losing himself in his own internal monologue. His suit felt a little constrictive, even. Perhaps the three piece wasn't the brightest of ideas now that the navy-blue vest that matched the jacket itself tightened it's grip.

[member="Lynnori Cruz"]

Location| Courtyard, Blakeslee Falls Estate, Galidraan
Objective| Having a good Evening, hopefully
Equipment| Suit
With| [member="Varas Ren"]
Status| Nervous yet joyful
Page_divider_with_gradient.png

Don't panic. You'll be fine, you're with Varas and nothing bad is going to happen here. You're just here to have fun, Varian, don't overthink things. Primat tried to calm himself as the fingers of his right hand drummed a soft beat on his knee, one, two, three, one, two, three, repeat. Saying he wasn't a fan of parties was an lie, though one that held some semblance of truth. He didn't overly fancy or enjoy parties, especially if he had to go in by himself...which he wouldn't. This would only be the second party he would have gone to in his six years since his departure from Tamora, from his family to explore the Galaxy and all it had to offer. And here he was now, going to a Ball held by the Emperor of one of, if not the most powerful organization in the Galaxy, the Sith Empire. To think, he had started his journey from Tamora on a merchant's ship, working off his debt to pay off the merchant for taking him off world. And now...he was here...

The glacier blue eyes of Primat looked to his left when he felt a warm hand squeeze his left hand. And there...was Varas. He still found it hard to believe now that the two of them had first gotten together romantically all of those weeks ago on the Carbonite Contessa, a booze cruise which flew over the great expansive that was the cloud city of Bespin. It was where the two had shared their first kiss, and their love for one another. It was also when the two had shared their first dance, and Primat assumed...that they would share a second dance here. The thought of her teaching him how to dance brought some relief and calm to his tense mind and thoughts, they had both learned how to dance for the first time that night. He felt the fingers of Varas' right hand interlock with his, and then out of nowhere, he mused a question to her. Two questions actually. "What if someone from the First Order see's us and recognizes us? A-and...what can we do if a Sith approaches us?" The later was more of a personal concern of Primat's, but a former was a concern for the two of them. They were trying to make their relationship work in secret, though it was difficult at times. They didn't need any higher-ups knowing about their relationship, because it could put it into jeopardy.

And then, the silver luxury speeder stopped. Primat stepped out first, closing the door behind Varas once she had got out of the speeder before his left hand went to her right hand again. His glacier blue eyes glanced around their environment, seeing a multitude of people exiting from either carriages or luxury speeders. Some were dressed in black, others in lighter colors. Primat and Varas had opted for a color of black and red, it was a style that Varas had chosen and one that he was fine with. Primat enjoyed the color's themselves so he didn't hold much issue with them. He wasn't much of a fan for the suit Varas had picked out for him, though he still wore it with pride to appease Varas. The pair of Ren, the Knight, Varas, and the Disciple, Primat, approached the entrance into the palace. Primat handed over the invitation, and the two were ushered inside quickly afterwards

Social events were something that the young woman had grown accustomed to over time. Dressing up, smiling and the like were things that she had found herself at times enjoying. Tonight, though was something different. New allies along with allies of allies were attending. Her home had been taken into the fold by the First Order, she had enjoyed her time with the Empire though, so she decided to remain there.

Wandering, her gown flowed and moved with her frame. She smiled and nodded to those that she knew and made a graceful beeline to an awkward looking fellow with a face that should think twice when growing a moustache. A smiling she leaned forward and spoke quietly to [member="Morus Jerrill"].

“Feels like it’s been awhile.” The Atrisian woman smiled and looked out at the group. She listened to the music and sighed softly. “How have you been?” A familiar smile would cross her face as she thought quietly the last time they had seen each other. “I’m doing better as you can see.” Seeing that Morus was with someone she smiled and nodded, he mentioned the regal from Commenor and she sighed softly, it was a terrible situation for them, but her opinions remained to herself. [member="Tom Taff"]

ea9be6b2b0.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Courtyard, Unspecified Time
The Lady In Pink | Interacting with [member="Kole Harper"] (Others TBD) ~ Young and Beautiful ~ "I've seen the world, done it all."
——————————————————————

Of course she had insisted on driving. It helped alleviate some of her anxiety involving this event. But surprisingly the chatterbox didn't say a word during their trip.

It was going to be fun. It was meant to be fun. Kole had invited her on Lithios so they could have fun. So why did Lyn feel like swerving their speeder into one of the picturesque landscapes they sped on past? She wasn't sure, but it likely had something to do with Sith. Sith. Even the word sounded malevolent. Lyn had made it a habit over the years to avoid Force users as much as possible, but that had caught up to her tonight. For tonight, she would dance knowing the biggest
baddest one of them all was there, presiding over his court of knaves.

Lyn was a bad dancer. She stepped on toes often. Silently praying her companion had worn good shoes, the Zeltron ex-racer pulled their humble speeder in among the overpriced vehicles arriving. Even that made her skin slightly paler, a baby-pink hue; They really, really didn't fit in.

"Well, let's go." Finally speaking, she moved to start clambering out of the speeder's driver side, leaving the keys in for Kole to grab. The walk up to the courtyard, where new arrivals seemed to be checking in, was notoriously a little awkward -- For one, she had nearly tripped over her new expensive heels, but was graceful in her recovery and, from there on out, casually moved closer to Kole so he might literally balance her with his hand. If she was going down, then by God, he's going with her.

"Where's the bar, you think?" One track mind.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Irajah Ven

Doctor Doctor, Gimme the News
It was beautiful. All crimsons and golds, crystalline lights. Gorgeous people, mingling, laughing, the sound of pleasant conversation a soft murmur that underscored everything. The music a particular sort of background banal that could generally be considered inoffensive.

Vain hated it.

House Zambrano was out in force tonight, and while an honorary member of it through the nature of her cloning/birth, Vain hadn't been able to get out of it. Jain? Off world for a project and therefore out of reach.

Lucky creature.

While more traditional formal wear had been available, [member="Darth Carnifex"] also accepted her preferences and proclivities with grace and perhaps even appreciation. She had to assume since a new mask and robes had arrived just that morning (she hadn't ordered them). Usually her attire was somber, much by design. These robes were a little more gaudy than she was accustomed to. Primarily black yes, but trimmed with gold and vermilion. It clung a little and that made her frown, less androgynous than she preferred but not enough to be truly objectionable. It was.... almost.... a dress. Very nearly. The mask the same in colours (though fortunately covering up the same as always). Oh, she didn't think Carnifex himself had picked it out- some under chamberlain or something of course. Honestly it would be weird if he had. Their work together was after all, strictly professional.

Tho, in truth, Vain's relationships with everyone was strictly professional.

Which made social gatherings like this particularly painful.

As stated.

She hated it. The masked face scanned the gathering, picking out the familiar. Carnifex of course, impossible to miss, towering over most of those here, an empress on each arm. [member="Farah"] with..... something. Behind the mask she squinted at [member="Hard Luck Frank"] from across the room. Farah was one of the few with anything resembling more than a professional relationship with the Doctor. And even that looked very much the same from the outside. However it was just enough for Vain to be grumpy (ier) about her 'daughter' apparently slumming it. Unless it was an experiment to be.

Then she approved.

[member="Darth Maliphant"] and his apprentice [member="Nilia Saavilin"] - she hadn't met the girl directly but knew of her. Maliphant was one of her long term 'patients'. It was difficult not to know more about his life than she really cared to. Despite her misgivings, that particular effort had turned out satisfactory to the Empire.

Boring, but satisfactory.

Vain stayed to the edges. Visible but likewise visibly anti-social. She accepted a glass from a member of the wait staff, then waited, tapping a foot impatiently, until a straw was found.

Mask was staying firmly in place, thank you VERY much.

Galidraan, en route to the Blakeslee Falls Estate

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

"You look amazing, luv," she muttered as their speeder neared the grounds of the ball. "Just thought I would say it again."

It was not very often she went to parties, whether they be fancy or otherwise. She was either too busy, or she was a bit... paranoid about the proceedings. Being a Sith always meant one was going to keep their guard up when others of their kind were around, especially when alcohol was involved. But this ball... this one was special. It was to commemorate all the hard work the Sith Empire and its allies had done over the past length of time. Laying low three galactic powers, leaving it clear that no one could currently challenge their might. And as an author of such events, she was required to attend... and she had taken all the stops out for her appearance for the night.

A flowing white gown was her garb of choice, gold sigils that intermixed runes from Lorrd and ancient Sith adorned her sleeves and dress. A simple silver necklace hung around her neck, a purple jewel glinting every so often in lights passing them. On her forehead was a circlet, made of aurodium and silver, that gently helped her hair remain in the braid she had chosen for the evening, white flowers woven into it thanks to her personal maid. She had gone full princess for the occasion, a light and smiling visage that was at odds with her reputation as a Sith Lady. She was looking forward to the evening.

As the speeder came to a rest, their chauffeur opened the doors for them and they stepped out. Music was floating out to them already, and she was smiling brightly.

"I love the sound of that song, very... upbeat."

1a05e08f42.gif

The Outer Rim, Galidraan, Blakeslee Falls Estate, The Ballroom, Unspecified Time
Fallen Angel | Interacting with [member="Darth Maliphant"] (Others TBD) ~ Glory and Gore ~ "And we're slipping off the course that we prepared."
——————————————————————

The ballroom was the height of elegance, she would admit.

Strange sights were everywhere. A masked woman that she didn't recognize, those sporting military blues of Sith and First Order forces. Truthfully, she winced at the final group; The Sovereignty had no love for those from the Unknown Regions, and she could firmly say that whilst she had changed immensely and her government had fallen, she could firmly say she still felt the same lest proven otherwise.

"I shouldn't drink too much," The acolyte commented faintly as Maliphant led her along like an excited child in the toy shop, "Otherwise you'll have to carry me out." Famously, poor constitution. Admittedly, his almost giddy behaviour was cute, somehow, even for a Sith Lord who commanded her absolute loyalty. It was a faint reminder that whilst she'd been privileged enough to experience these soirees on the regular, not all were quite like that. Not even Maliphant, who seemed endlessly influential.

Then he inquired as to dancing and she seemed to further relax. Dancing? She had learned dancing young, part of her diplomat's training. An odd addition, to be sure, but the intricacies of dancing were both excellent exercises for an adolescent and an international language to be respective; everyone could sympathize with the connective powers of a good ballroom dance. It was for this reason that the former Senator turned her willowy form to her partner, offering a smirk that bordered on devious, "Why, I didn't know you could. I wouldn't mind at all, honestly." Even then, it had been too long since her last proper waltz. She offered Maliphant a hand so he might lead on, seeming more alive than she had ever been in the previous weeks.

——————————————————————
Evening Wear Attire

Currently In: The Ballroom, amongst the dancers.

With Nilia’s hand taken in a gracious saluer, Maliphant gave her a quick and daring grin, one that seemed far more similar to his demeanor around Harper’s Respite;

Why, you underestimate me!”, he said in a mockingly challenging tone of voice; letting it carry for a moment before giving a hearty, overzealous guffaw before dragging her into the depths of the crowds.

One hand found its place in hers, holding it out from their presence, while his other found its place on her hip. He leaned close to her as they began their formal first steps, stepping into an empty spot on the ballroom floor as the music began to crescendo and swing, bringing them with it as each wave spun them around. Maliphant seemed overjoyed, his grin plastered wide as he held Nilia close, offering her every chance to step away for a moment as the dance required, only to pull her back in; and between all of this, he seemed to quiet himself, leaning in to speak directly into her ear, now becoming far more reminiscent of the demon that once offered her a golden violin on her own ship.

Thank you, Nilia… For coming with me.”, he said with a gentle pull of the two in another twist, smooth and gracious as the waltz kept them moving.

Then a pause, only for him to finish his thought.

I know the choice you had to make, and I’m glad you chose to stay with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom