Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Spelunking | SJO DOM of Kyrayc

Objective: 1 - Figure out source of local fauna aggravation.
Ranger Attachment
Callsign: Raider 1-1
Allies: Caelag Vass Caelag Vass | Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Masaru Varga Masaru Varga | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | miners, 3x Rangers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A chuckle was elicited from to Commander, continuing on his path while attempting to watch his footing.

"If you had seen me as a kid Vass, you probably would've thought I was an Imp' in the making." A smirk rested behind his visor after the probable over-exaggeration of a comment. The next comment from Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr only made him think back to their initial meeting on Alaris Prime.

It still shocked him that the man was still present with the rangers- even after his absence.

Suddenly, the team began their separations..with a child leading the way on the right side of the path? Valkren looked to see Masaru Varga Masaru Varga address him, already moving towards the path where the other soldier-type ( Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red ) was moving on to.

After a moment of thought, the commander agreed. "I hear you, take the others and go. Rarr, Vass- With me. Stay in contact."

After issuing that last command to the others, he'd motion for those he stated to follow behind him to the left side of the path. The other three rangers from Hades jogged over to the right side of the path to support the others.

"I'll take point for now, on me-" He spoke to the other two after shutting off his lights, now relying on his heads-up-display to show him the way in the darkness. The barrel of his cannon stayed ahead of him at all times as they moved along.

The commander didn't exactly like the idea of splitting up such a small party in a probably large mine system, but if they managed to remain in good contact during the length of their travels they'd have a good chance of mapping the place out.

And figuring out just what was going on.

"I find that saying... short sighted, to say the least." Atlan snickered at Caelag's choice of words, a chuckle promptly shut up by a firm tap to the back of his head. "As for you Commander, I imagine I may have. Then again, I was a proud Imp' and it would be prudent to remember that, aye?" She wasn't making an effort to give her voice any kind of joking tone, but she was still relaxed save for the small tension still lingering from Rarr's large dark spot. She found Calderon amusing, a strange sort of human. Always seemed delighted to be working with her, at least from what she imagined through his behavior.

When the child forced the group to split immediately upon finding a fork in the road, she couldn't help but shake her head and sigh. "I'd give that one an at home suspension quite quickly I feel." She muttered, mostly to herself and Atlan who was sticking to her side like glue. The two turned to face the Commander when he issued his short orders, the two nodding in affirmation.

The two fell in line behind Commander, Atlan shutting his flashlight off and turning to rely on his HUD and natural sight instead. Vass had no such need, and fell in line shortly behind Calderon, so as to have as unobstructed a line of sight if fighting broke out. The last thing anyone needed was to be shot in the back by her beast of a rifle. Atlan was following behind, his fingers still tapping gently against the side of his Firebolt rifle. Almost like a nervous tic really, as his head swiveled about to take in everything he could.

Naturally one of the things they both were keeping a tab on was Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr himself. Neither knew him well enough to instinctively fall into a role alongside him. At least with Calderon, the two had some idea on where best to situate themselves. Rarr was an enigma to them, so they were trying to keep a tab on him and situate themselves around him best they could. Just like no one needed to be hit in the back by the blind sniper on the team, keeping a workable placement would be vital.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Objective: 1
Tags: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Masaru Varga Masaru Varga Caelag Vass Caelag Vass

Red listened to the rest of the group. Another soldier, Masaru Varga Masaru Varga , volunteered to go with Red and the kid. Red nodded. Then, Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon spoke. He agreed to the groups and told the other two to follow him, and told Red and the other group to go. Red saluted. "Yes sir." He said. He dropped the salute and ran off after the girl, tryig to make sure she didn't run off. "Hey! Wait up!" He called after her. He could track her footsteps with the thermal imaging, and he could see her signature further down the path. Red followed after her. Well, at least they knew who was taking the lead...

Objective 2

Allies:
Acaadi Acaadi Elise Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Betiliena Sudrenus Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Amani Serys Amani Serys Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt

The mines, hell the whole planet, was far too cold for Danco. Life, heat, plants, vegetation, none of it existed in these mines or on the planet that he could see. What Danco did know for sure was to watch his step, he'd heard from travelers, from bar folk, how dangerous any mine could truly be. His senses were heightened, yet all he could feel around him were fellow Jedi. What they were looking for was still far down the shaft.

"Maybe we should press on?" he said, a suggestion to those who were there to supervise, but also to the others as well.

With a light in his hand, Danco proceeded into the dark, cold caves, unsure of what, or who, he might come across as plunged into the darkness.

Objective: 2-- go get me some crystals

"I suggest that way," he said to Amani, Corte and Kyra, swinging his torch around to light up a smooth passage that headed down at a steep angle

Kyra nodded at Acaadi, trusting his assessment without question. The path was steep and rocky, a fact which had her stepping forward cautiously.

"Cheater," she sassed quietly to Acaadi, stucking out her tounge as she passed him and the flashlight he held in his hand. The ball of light she created bobbed after her, following her into the tunnel.

Noticing her lightsaber, Corte asked, "Are you planning on making a second lightsaber?"

Kyra glanced backwards, smiling at Corte. "Maybe. Who knows. They can help you with more than just light sabers. And Force knows we could use all the help we can get... What with the sith coming t-"

Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Acaadi Acaadi Betiliena Sudrenus Amani Serys Amani Serys Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Danco Grely Danco Grely

Elise

E
Objective 2- guide the padawans safely towards their crystals ... and keep kyra from freaking the new ones out

"Kyra," Elise called out, chastising softly. "You know better than to let fear into your heart. Or to put it in other's minds."

The master had followed along at the back of the group, placing a hand on any unsure padawan's shoulder to help guide them forward. She radiated an air of unfaltering calm, a fact which did not reach the pink padawan leading at the front.

Kyra made a face, her words collapsing into a pinched expression. Her cheeks flushed red, but Elise was pleased to see the girl had learned to not push her objections any further.

This time.

The upcoming tensions with the sith empire had most of the older padawan class tense and somber. A mood which did not suit Elise one bit. One must be equanimous in times of trouble. "Focus on the now, everyone. Clear your mind," she coaxed Amani Serys Amani Serys and Betiliena Sudrenus , the two closet. Do you feel them up ahead?

She certainly did. Like ringing bells echoing up from the depths of the caves. None sang her name today, but she knew that would not be the case for the others walking before her.

Acaadi Acaadi Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Betiliena Sudrenus Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Amani Serys Amani Serys Danco Grely Danco Grely

Objective 1: Find out why the miners are being killed
Allies: Caelag Vass Caelag Vass | Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Masaru Varga Masaru Varga

Alyssa rushed intently down the path her hair blinding her as she ran forward. The cave was inescapable void and the voices she heard behind her grew more distant as she descended further into darkness. This was an eerie feeling, the cave was almost a reflection of herself: A flickering light running towards a massive void. As Alyssa ran along she heard a voice through it was muffled as though the progenitor were wearing a mask or helmet of sorts. Well, that didn't help, half the group was wearing masks!

Before she could turn to figure out who was chasing after her the small girl tripped over something falling face-first onto the hard stone ground. Alyssa rose back up dizzy and with a bloody nose. What the heck was that?! She thought to herself. She turned around only to find an orange crate with the lid now knocked off. Alyssa walked over to the box and looked inside her blood running hot as to what she might find. Inside was a series of sensors nodes and what seemed to be a trigger of sorts. Alyssa immediately made the connection that the trigger activated the sensor nodes and was eager to try them out if she got the chance.

It was then she heard footsteps and from the darkness emerged Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red . Alyssa jumped out of the way just barely before collision an angry frown appearing on her face as she did.

"Watch where you're going you stupid imbecile! You could have hurt someone! Or tripped over that box!"

Speaking of...Alyssa bent over and stuck her torso inside the crate pulling out all the sensor nodes. The nodes covered up her face and chest piling over the top of her head.

"Check out this! Sensor nodes! And I found them all by MYSELF. ME. I DID THIS. NOT YOU. I just needed to make a point. People tend to try to take credit for my work."

Alyssa dropped the sensor nodes back in the box before taking off again descending further into the mine.

Objective 2

Corte reminded himself, as Master Elise had said, to calm down and to feel his way to the crystals. He again paused a moment to completely clear his mind and listen. This mind clearing activity hadn't come to him naturally, throughout his childhood, his parents had taught him to always think ahead and worry about the outcome....unfortunately, such is the life of Imperial Navy pilots. I wonder where they are now? ----- No, clear your mind, he thought to himself as he began his breathing techniques. There it was again, a voice telling him to follow the path he sees when he opens his eyes. Pointing to the path ahead, he said to the group: I think we ought to go this way.

Objective 1

When the teams were set up, Masaru moved to catch up to Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu with Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red . The soldier was a bit farther than him but never got too far out of sight. The both of them caught up with the Padawan, who seemed to have busted their nose considering there was blood running out of it. She was yelling at the soldier, which made Masaru a bit angry. The kid was looking for credit?! To prove a point?! She's going to get herself killed!

Masaru moved to speak, his fury about to be unleashed with words. However, the Padawan dropped the sensors she had found and ran off again. "Not this time!" Masaru sprinted past the soldier and closed the distance between him and the kid. He reached out and grabbed a piece of their sweater. It was then the mercenary saw something in the distance coming at them fast. Avril! Not just one but 2 of them coming their way. Masaru yanked the Padawans sweater and tried to throw her behind him with his left hand, while he brought up his assault rifle to fire on the flying creatures. the bolts from his blaster was able to wound one of the creatures and make them fall to the ground, but he couldn't get the other one with any shots. Masaru brought up his arm to his face to prevent the Arvil from clawing it off. The creature brought it's claws up and dug them into his arm, his armor not able to protect his arm from the creature. Masaru let out a grunt of pain, but fought the urge to fall backwards.

Caelag Vass Caelag Vass | Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Objective 1
Ranger Attachment
Callsign: Icarus-1-1
Allies: Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon , Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Masaru Varga Masaru Varga , Caelag Vass Caelag Vass , Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu , Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red
Enemies: Whatever is eating the miners
----------------------------------------------------------

Armor: Katarn Mk. II Combat Armor
Primary Weapon: OS-109 Variable Strength Assault Rifle (chest rig)
Secondary Weapons:
Misc Gear:

"It always seemed to work out for me," Beltran answered Caelag Vass Caelag Vass . If he had cared what the Miraluka woman thought of him, he might have been slightly offended. But he didn't, so he wasn't.

With Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon taking point, Beltran settled slowly to the rear of the group. He kept his rifle at the low-ready, switching his helmet's HUD from low-light vision to infrared imaging. So far nothing appeared out of the ordinary, but Beltran knew how quickly that could change.

As the team moved deeper into the mines, he continued to get the sense from Caelag Vass Caelag Vass , and the Gand Captain who accompanied her that he was making them nervous. He saw the slight little maneuvers each of them would make, trying to keep him in sight while still making their way forward. Most of the time, he would stay close enough to make it easy for them. But occasionally, he would lag far enough behind that he was almost invisible in the darkness or obscured by a bend in the cave network.

As if he were a predator, stalking his prey.

He enjoyed being being the unknown quantity, it made him feel powerful. But he didn't let the little game he played with them distract from the matter at hand. He was always listening, always watching for the moment when the hunter became the hunted.

Amani closed her eyes, and began to concentrate. She had been eager to finally earn her kyber crystal for some time, but she knew she needed to clear her mind of all distraction if she was to achieve this goal. She could feel nothing. She peeked open an eye to see how the other padawans were faring. Amani shook her head and shut her eyes again. Closing herself off to everything but the force, she stood in silence for a moment, until she heard the faintest hum from deeper within.

Something was calling to her. Amani opened her eyes and softly smiled. She had done it, and soon enough it would be within her reach.

"I can sense it. It's faint, distant, but it's there." She looked to Elise to see that she was sensing it as well.

Acaadi Acaadi Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Betiliena Sudrenus Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Elise Danco Grely Danco Grely

Amani Serys Amani Serys Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

When Acaadi thought Elise was looking towards Amani and Corte he lifted his torch and flashed Kyra a smile. The sith might have been gathering their dark forces, but he could still find a moment of humour in her admonishment.

He returned his focus to the way ahead and putting one foot in front of the other on the slippery rocks.

He tried to keep all the other thoughts about lightsabers out of his head. So many lessons on focusing lenses and alignment with kyber crystals, on getting the attenuation just right. There was a technical side to it all, but mostly there was trusting the Force to take you to the right crystal and to help you assemble the weapon of the jedi.

Betiliena Sudrenus

B
Objective: 2
Allies: Acaadi Acaadi Elise Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Amani Serys Amani Serys

She followed in keeping her senses alert She nodded to Kyra when she told her how to start finding her crystal that she would have to listen and clear her mind to try and find it while it was cold it didn't really bother her in her current attire as she walked around keeping with the group who was producing light as she felt a small trace of a crystal calling out to her it was along the path of the others as she spoke in her calm timid voice.

''I too sense something calling me, its small but it is there.'' She wanted to wait till she got instructions so she can know what to do after wards she never did this before so all of it was new to her

Objective 2

Kyra stuck her tongue out at Acaadi, her childish streak shinning through as they turned a corner and, for a moment, found themselves briefly alone.

But that spell passed quickly, Corte spilling out into the new rocky hall with them and pointing on head. "I think we ought to go this way."

Kyra turned, her breath hot and thick inside the cool air of the shaft. It puffed out around her, dancing in the light of Acaadi's torch. But they didn't need that flash light to see now, the crystal's call grew, tugging at her chest.

Kyra stumbled forward, brought on but the urge the grew stronger with each step. She knew the feeling. She accepted it into her, not fighting it. In her mind's eye, her crystal's energy burned bright and true. She closed her eyes, running forward without looking, the compulsion guiding her every step. She didn't see when she spilled into the cavern of crystals, their soft glow emanating the space around them. She scattered forward regardless of the commotion behind her and fell on her knees, clawing at a rock that covered the hole she needed to get into.

A2JqtzW.png

Betiliena Sudrenus Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Amani Serys Amani Serys Acaadi Acaadi

Elise

E
Objective 2

Elise walked behind the ground, watching as they let their gut lead them. The call of the crystals grew stronger the deeper they walked. Up ahead, she heard the sudden scattering of footsteps. Someone was following their call.

The cavern was small but spaces enough to host the party. Crystals grew out of the walls and ground in small patches, each glowing a soft light. The cavern held another tunnel, continuing on in it's steep descent deeper into the mines. Elise stepped past the bodies that clogged up the entrance, smiling softly at the sight of Kyra digging with purpose into the ground. She said nothing to disturb the moment, but she did position herself at the start of the other tunnel. In case anyone decided they wanted to walk down further.

It would be dangerous. But she would lead them.

"Remember, children. Let it call to you."

Betiliena Sudrenus Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt Amani Serys Amani Serys Acaadi Acaadi Danco Grely Danco Grely

Objective 2
Allies: Elise Acaadi Acaadi Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Betiliena Sudrenus Danco Grely Danco Grely Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Amani Serys Amani Serys

As the party went deeper into the cave, some of the people were starting to feel the call of their crystals, which led them to a narrow gallery. After all she heard from the other Jedi about the process of selecting and attuning a lightsaber crystal, she realized there was a wide array of crystals available at that location. And it was a dangerous place to stay for long, so once she located a suitable crystal, she would then pick one and make her way back to the tunnel's entrance. Yet the process led to several false leads, and the Jedi was a little more than just confused, presumably because of her past experiences with criminal swimming and money laundering. For this reason, several shades of green or blue seemed to turn their backs on her. Perhaps... some purple or pink shade would fit her because of that!

Objective 2

Reaching out was never really second nature to Danco, mostly having to concentrated to open his mind. The crystals had a small yet powerful energy that would, in turn, draw him in. Alone in his private thoughts, Danco could see how it was so seductive to be drawn to the dark side of the force. It was always easier to turn to emotion than it was to focus on the task at hand.

The slight twinge of frustration at not finding a crystal almost started to fill Danco, but instead he caught himself. A deep breath and taking a moment seemed to help him clear his thoughts.

Did I hear something up ahead the thoughts crossed his mind. When he calmed himself, he thought there was something further, but he dare not ask the question out loud. But he had to find his crystal and perhaps be ready for whatever came next, if maybe a battle must be fought. His digging continued, not sure what he was really looking for, but knowing he wanted to find it fast.

Elise Acaadi Acaadi Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Betiliena Sudrenus Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Amani Serys Amani Serys Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Objective 1
Tags: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Masaru Varga Masaru Varga Caelag Vass Caelag Vass

Red ran after the girl that ran off. Soon, he reached her. She was standing next to a crate. She yelled at him. "Sorry. You just ran off so suddenly. And one could get lost in these tunnels." Red apologized.

Then, she pointed out that she found some sensor nodes. She insisted that she found it. Red knew that, but he was confused why she was doing that. Then, she explained.
"I would never take credit for another person's achievements. Good work." He told her.

Red noticed that she had a bloody nose. She must have fallen over the crate. "You alright? I have a couple of cloths if you want to clean yourself up." He offered to the girl. Red always came prepared.

Another member of their group came around the bend. He seemed kind of mad at the girl for running off. He seemed about ready to blow at her. But then the girl dropped the sensors and continued off. The other member grabbed her sweater. Then, two Arvil made their appearance. The other soldier got one, but the other attacked him. It started clawing into his arm. Red acted fast. He pulled out his lightsaber and activated it, as the creature was too close to an ally for a blaster. Red swung with deadly accuracy. He sliced the Arvil in two. Red looked around. He didn't see anymore. "Everyone all right?" Red asked the group.

Danco Grely Danco Grely
Acaadi Acaadi Elise Corte Fletchador Corte Fletchador Betiliena Sudrenus Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Amani Serys Amani Serys Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt

He appreciated the cheeky gesture from Kyra. It kept him from over thinking the moment.

Acaadi tried to step as quietly as possible. Then he held his breath. It seemed as if the crystals made their own soft harmonic. It wasn't really a sound, cutting out other noises didn't help him hear more clearly.

All he could do, he realised, was clear his own thoughts and immerse himself in the Force.

Each crystal had its own voice. None of them called to him yet so he meandered through the cavern 'listening' for the one that would sing him the right song.

Even the masters including him in a collective call of 'children' could not deter him now.

Objective 2
Allies: Danco Grely Danco Grely , Acaadi Acaadi , Elise, Betiliena Sudrenus, Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Varindar Asyt Varindar Asyt

Corte began to sense an overwhelming feeling that he should dig where his left foot was positioned. He had heard that these crystals grew right out of the ground, almost as if someone had planted a seed. So he knelt down and proceeded to dig. The ground was fairly hard, so he retrieved his knife and softened up the ground as best he could. The crystal was almost talking to him now dig a little deeper, retrieve me, it said. He has also heard that there could be false whisperings, as if someone had not been in focus and they heard what they wanted. As he dug deeper, he heard something in the distance and thought about drawing his blaster pistol, No, I've got to focus and keep digging. This was meant to be and I don't want to waste this opportunity. As he dug, he found small rocks and hard dirt. As he dug deeper, he saw it. He had found what he was sure was a kyber crystal. It was light blue, glowing, and clear - and it was all by itself - as if it had been buried there for him to find. He was glad he had followed his senses. He called, Master Elise, I have found a kyber crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom