Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Mark of the Beast | Eternal Empire

yMTUVyu.png
Objective: Make off Like Bandits
Tags: Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus Dis Dis Renate Blackstone Renate Blackstone Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia Corin Autem Corin Autem Kayden of Zakuul Kayden of Zakuul Lyssa Io Lyssa Io Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko
Unit Support: Siren Corps (3) │ Nuetralizer Model 1s (4) │ Nuetralizer Model 2s (3) │ Nuetralizer Model 3s (3)
Direct Engagement: Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia

The ground rumbled underfoot as something big crashed in a section of the ruins far from where the Siren was at present.

All the while, the brilliant blue blades of her lightsabers came to life with a distinct, snap-hiss, their glow bathing her pale features in blue light as she examined the mythical, ancient weapons which were meant for hands far greater than her own. Glancing back at the four racks of lightsabers, Esmeralda blinked with some consternation, realizing by herself, she had no way of actually getting the loot out now that the Eternal Empire was establishing a cordon around the ruins.

Then, the Siren heard an errant, feminine voice.

Turning around in a snap of motion, Esmeralda had her lightsabers held at the ready, the weapons unfamiliar in her tiny hands, but no less deadly, owing to her skill as a Teräs Käsi practitioner. As she did, her eyes drew in a tall, slender, and delicate figure, belonging to a raven-haired beauty who…

Read as a Sithspawn or Dark Side Spirit, according to her armor’s Force scanner.

Her first instinct would have been to kill her. After all, the Spirit was likely the entity she and Arianna had been searching for. However, for all of the Echani’s initial excitement to test her martial talents against such an eldritch, arcane creature, Esmeralda realized that for the time being, that course of action might be unreasonable.

Just then, her sensors picked up more lifeform signatures closing in on the room outside the chamber, including one Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus , no doubt accompanied by a personal guard of Ultranauts.

Perhaps this entity could be her ticket out?

“No, I won't! Matriarch, they’re coming!" Esmeralda shouted. "Get ready to close the door to the chamber when she gets in, now!” The Siren called out.

Once the door was sealed shut, Esmeralda glanced nervously into the entity’s dark eyes, knowing that she had limited time before the door might be forced open.

“Can...you get us out of here? Like…a portal to...somewhere? Anywhere! Maybe deeper into the ruins?” She asked nervously. “I’ll give you a quarter of these, if you do! Or…” The Siren swallowed. “Half!” She declared, desperately negotiating with the racks of lightsabers which may or may not really belong to her.

“Hurry, please!”

Last edited:
Mission: Steal the Loot (Objective 2)
Primary Objective: Escape.
  • Loot Acquired: Sith Amulet/Crystal
  • Loot Acquired: Sith Obelisk Shard [consumed]
  • Loot Acquired: Holocron
  • Loot Acquired: Zakuul Lightsaber
No, Esmeralda would not... what? Die? She would. Mortals were too squishy to fail in that task.

The Spirits' eyes turned in the direction of Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus and Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko as Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io demanded Ebony shut the door. Well, if the woman insisted. That's precisely what Ebony did with them inside the chamber with their new 'friend.' It wasn't every day a mortal wanted to be alone with them, trapped in a sealed room with an angry swarm outside. Worse that could happen was they did not appease Ebony, and they threw the mortal out of the chamber to be devoured; or they devoured the mortal their selves. One could never have too many squishy toys -- they broke so easily.

Then the woman asked the strangest thing. Portal? Not just any Force User could conjure a portal. Well, for whatever reason Esmeralda thought to ask, Ebony was more interested in the plan being formulated in her mind. Not to mention the loot. Half of the lightsabers? There had to be collectors that would pay handsomely for them. Perhaps even Esmeralda herself to get them back. It seemed a fair offer.

Of course Ebony could demand all of them, but having spent so much time among the living they'd come to understand mortals had 'limits' and 'egos.' If you pushed too hard negotiations broke down. Murdering people wasn't always the best option -- even if it was always an option.

"Very well, Creature. We will do this for the treasure," Ebony replied calmly.

Their free hand lifted off to the side so the loot was not in danger. Darkness gathered about them and quickly concentrated in a spot just before the wall. It spun together and shot through the fabric of reality -- the tapestry of the Force -- and tore open a tunnel between where they were and deeper into the ruins as Esmeralda asked.

Why not? There could be more loot. The Eternals? They would deal with them again when the time came. Admittedly, Ebony was a little more confident in their own ability to escape versus that of Esmeralda, but more than likely the Force Spirit wouldn't just abandon the other woman. Probably.

Dis the Shadow(cat)
Shadowcat, explorer and wanderer; Owner of the Cat’s Paw; Member of the Greystone Mercantile
757nR5d.png
Objective I.: Awaken the Beast
Equipment: N/A
Tags: Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io | Niki Priddy Niki Priddy | Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus | Renate Blackstone Renate Blackstone | Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia | Corin Autem Corin Autem | Kayden of Zakuul Kayden of Zakuul | Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko
x6D4WMI.png
[ Theme ]
"Galactic basic" | ~ telepathic communication ~

Dis was now visible in the strange dreamlike place. They were a lynx-sized, shadow-like feline creature with large white, iris-free eyes. So they hovered shortly before Kayden. Their neutrality in the Force could be easily felt, just as they were completely harmless. They blinked curiously at Kayden as they looked around in the dream world as well.

~ I'm Dis, a Shadow. We're in your mind, I don't want to hurt you and I cannot do this. Your physical body is still in a carbon-freezing state, that’s the only way I can talk to you. In the physical world, we are in Zakuul, on an old excavation site. This is where I felt your presence in the Force. Who are you? And why were they locked in here? ~ they were inquiring.

They were curious because the name they saw on the holodisplay was unfamiliar to them. True, they only knew the big names from that time. Which was pretty much half dozen, or a dozen people. As a result, it was probably not too surprising if Shadowcat had no idea who the young man might be.

//OOC: Sorry for the short post.//
gU6KoIz.png

"Oh, I'm afraid Teleporting is not my specialty. It's still very much Laertia's domain.." Arianna admitted ruefully to Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io as she followed Arianna.

"Not that your portal idea isn't a bad one...but ships with scan blockers suddenly coming in would be a dead giveaway. It's why if you're a spy, you won't actually bring exceptionally fancy toys to aid you most of time...it will just scream suspicious to any lucky enough to capture you. A Camera can be difficult enough to explain away without it doubling as a miniature laser cannon."

Xiphos was in a league of her own when it came to Force Teleportation, truly. Very few could match her at it. And likely fewer still could exceed her at its employment. Her phase shifting had ended hundreds due to her ability to attack at unexpected angles.

"But remember, dear Esmeralda...no matter what happens, we can ultimately afford to leave all of this loot behind...every single scrap of it. No amount of loot is worth making enemies out of the Eternal Empire over." Arianna explained, following the Force Signature of Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia until they stopped in a vast chamber. Arianna sensed great darkness and was intrigued at Ebony's potential upon spotting her, but she also sensed Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus heading towards her.

"Oh, and I had so wanted to get an introduction..." Arianna bemoaned.

Reasoning Ebony might not want a firefight when there was so much loot to steal. Arianna decided to be a distraction.

"Tell you what, Cadet. You work a deal with this woman. We don't need to be at each other's throats...not when the Empire is so close to having their hands on all of ours."

Apparently Ebony agreed, shutting the chamber door, and leaving Arianna to try and look like she was simply busy cataloguing various treasure lying about.

She stopped when she spotted the crystalize Death Mask of a woman, traces of Force Energy all over it, lying at the top of a pile of ingots along with a glittering, silvery vibrorapier.

Arianna picked up the mask. Aximand was minutes from arriving in her area.

Force Spawn such as Arianna keep on the lookout for what were basically soul jars. A Force Spawn is already deadly, but they grow in power slightly every time they absorb another personality for use. Arianna sensed traces of the Light Side in this one.

She began pulling it into herself, flesh melting and distorting everywhere horribly as the mask crumbled into dust, involuntary metallic squeals escaping her throat as her face took on the countenance of the Witch persona absorbed before it went back to her own.

Her back was to Aximand when he said freeze in the name of the Empress...

Arianna turned to face him. She looked completely normal.

"Hello there. I am Countess Belasko, these are my credentials, I am here with an EE-aligned military unit known as the Sirens." Arianna said, pointing to documents sticking out of a bag she was carrying.

Arianna wasn't stupid: She had made sure to get express permission from the military to land on this planet. She had even brought lawyers for when the documents had been signed by the relevant officials.

Just because House Io had ulterior motives didn't mean they were not doing exactly what they claimed to be here doing: Disarming traps, dispatching potential hostiles so EE Personnel would be spared an unwanted surprise. And of course, cataloguing spiffy riches for military coffers. A few weapon caches might have been seized, but it wasn't like the EE Military was hurting for infantry weapons, especially those that might be dozens to hundreds of years out of date...which nonetheless would be useful to a group like House Io.

"You'll find everything is an order. The first crates we have discovered have already been marked property of the Empress and are awaiting Military pick up." Arianna added quickly...

yMTUVyu.png
Tags: Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus Dis Dis Renate Blackstone Renate Blackstone Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia Corin Autem Corin Autem Kayden of Zakuul Kayden of Zakuul Lyssa Io Lyssa Io Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko
Unit Support: Siren Corps (3) │ Nuetralizer Model 1s (4) │ Nuetralizer Model 2s (3) │ Nuetralizer Model 3s (3)
Direct Engagement: Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia

"Okay ummm...deal! For the treasure, yes..."

This was far and away the craziest thing she had ever done.

The two lightsabers she claimed were placed on a magnetic retaining strip on her left thigh for safe-keeping, while the four racks of the remaining eighteen, ten of which now belonged to the pulchritudinous, raven-haired entity, were quickly pulled from the walls. In hindsight, Esmeralda realized that she probably should not have done that, as there could be more traps connected to this veritable prize of lightsabers. Nevertheless, the Siren handed two of the racks to the entity, each with five lightsabers, before taking the other two and stepping through the portal, which hopefully led deeper into the ruins and not to some torturous dimension in the Netherworld…

Negotiating, potentially with some success with a powerful Dark Side Entity? Esmeralda wondered if The Battalion The Battalion or Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko would be proud of her...

Or, if they would have to make yet another deal, perhaps with an entity even more wicked and powerful than this eldritch spirit, to get her out of whatever trap she might be walking into.

Primary Objective: Escape.
This Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io was a curious creature. Her demeanor aside, Ebony could feel Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko intruding into their conversation, and yet the other presence did not actually make itself known to all participants. If they were associated it was odd one would have the door sealed on the other. Perhaps it had to do with the one outside having greater strength. That might explain things. Would it follow them? Ebony could not say they were 'concerned' about Arianna, however; mindful of another that might have the ability to oppose them, of course, but not afraid.

When the woman shoved ten sabers toward Ebony, their black eyes blinked in response. Slowly they tucked the racks under one arm with the amulet around their neck, and the holocron held in one hand.

When the portal opened, Esmeralda didn't hurry to move through it. Survival instinct? Bothersome mortal evolutionary trait. Sometimes kept them from falling into their traps. Excessive paranoia. This was not one of those times when it served a mortal well, however. No, it prompted Ebony to reach out with her free hand and give the other woman a firm shove toward the hole.

Ebony followed immediately afterward.

The tunnel carved a path deeper into the ruins into another dust-filled chamber that hadn't been disturbed in... however long was long for mortals. Ebony really didn't have much awareness of the passage of time. It wasn't a concept in the Nether. Every moment was literally an eternity there. Among the living everything felt... slower though.

Once Ebony emerged on the other side, they lifted their hand to seal the opening behind the duo so the Eternal wouldn't harass them. Then their eyes scanned until the sound of some machinery in the nearby part of the ruins caught their ear. "Creature," Ebony beckoned before their eyes fell on Esmeralda, "what is your name?" The living did love their names; Ebony might as well learn this one if they weren't going to pull her apart or paint the walls with their blood.

"I feel vibrations. Is that what powers this place?"
Ebony had been on plenty of ships, but they couldn't say they developed a 'feel' for what felt 'right' on such a construct. The same went with vibrations from a generator. Was that actually a generator, or a low-level tremor? It all felt the same. Their own fault, really, for not bothering to learn these things.

yMTUVyu.png
Direct Engagement: Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia Lyssa Io Lyssa Io Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko

“Eeeeek!”

A high-pitched scream rang out within the chamber as the Siren was kicked into the portal, a brief moment of fear seizing her emotions before she emerged from the other end, her sensors quickly reading that she had made it deeper within the ruins. A relieved sigh left her chest, though the Siren was still set on edge. If indeed her senses were not being deceived by some esoteric manner of dark magic, then she still had the droids to worry about, in addition to a slew of traps which made every step a risk. Nevertheless, at the very least, she was grateful it looked like that she had not been transported to some torturous Netherworld dimension.

“Uhhh...I think I made it...deeper into the ruins.” Esmeralda said over the House Io comm network. “I have some loot too and a way that we can get it out of here, when we’re done, though we’ll probably need to negotiate some more.” She added.

“Also, can one of you guys bring one or two repulsor sleds down here? These saber racks are getting...cumbersome.”

Then, the Siren’s attention was beckoned back to the Sithspawn when she asked her name. Her nostrils flared at the request, but she reasoned that it couldn’t hurt to give it, at the very least as a gesture of trust and good faith.

“My name is Esmeralda, but...why do you call me ‘Creature’? I don’t call you ‘Sithspawn’ or ‘Spirit’ or ‘Dark Entity’.” Esmeralda began, raising an eyebrow as she did. “I guess I should...get to know your name as well, so I don’t have to go around referring to you by those terms.”

"I feel vibrations. Is that what powers this place?"

“My ummmm...faction, got rumors of a sun generator deeper inside.” She continued. “I-I’m hoping it’s small enough to fit on a repulsor sled. We brought quite a few of them to help us get stuff out, but with the air cordon...” The Siren gestured vaguely up, as even though they were now deep underground, occasionally the roar of ion engines could still be felt. And yet, thinking back to what Arianna had warned her about the loot, Esmeralda couldn’t find it within herself to come away with nothing. After all, she already had lightsabers. Imagine what other treasures awaited within!

“We might have to find another way.”

Last edited:
Primary Objective: Escape. Oh, and grab more loot.
Ebony watched the woman as she seemed otherwise occupied after they stepped out of the portal. Then Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io turned her gaze toward them and managed to respond to their question. With the way her little nose scrunched up, Ebony had been worried they had triggered some sort of kill switch.

"Why don't you?" They asked when Esmeralda pointed out they hadn't called Ebony by her... kind. "You would be wrong, but also right to do so. Such words are too small to describe us, but we have always found language to be so disappointing. Do you not feel the same? We named you 'Creature' because you are not like the others. It seemed appropriate." Despite the fact there weren't any others around for them to need to distinguish between the cloned woman and some other mortal.

A moment of silence punctuated an end to the digression and return to the prior matter. "Esmeralda, we are Ebony," the black-eyed woman responded, not above giving out their name in turn.

Slowly, Ebony's eyes turned up toward the ceiling to follow Esmeralda's gaze as though they would find an answer floating above them. Then Ebony lowered her gaze back to the woman as she drew attention to needing a way off the planet. "This will not be a problem. We can possess one of the Eternal commanders and utilize their vessel in transporting our goods elsewhere. We will need you to hold our possessions when the time comes." After all it might draw attention to a Captain cradling two racks of lightsabers in one arm. Ebony had enough trouble not drawing too much attention to themselves when in another's body -- they barely knew how to act like a mortal manifested as their self, let alone act like someone else.

If Esmeralda didn't like that idea, Ebony could always just... kill everyone. No witnesses made leaving and retaining possession of their loot quite easy. Plus, mass-murder was... fun. It brought a smile to their lips for some reason.

yMTUVyu.png
Tags: Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Dis Dis Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia Corin Autem Corin Autem Kayden of Zakuul Kayden of Zakuul Lyssa Io Lyssa Io Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko
Direct Engagement: Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia Lyssa Io Lyssa Io Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko

"You would be wrong, but also right to do so. Such words are too small to describe us, but we have always found language to be so disappointing. Do you not feel the same?"

“...No, sorry...I-I don’t vibe.” The short-statured Echani answered, a confused, mystified frown manifesting across her pale features at the question. It seemed that the two women held very little in common, which so far hadn’t been much of an issue, perhaps owing to necessity given the Ultranauts which had been bearing down on their position only moments before. Only now, deep within the ruins and enjoying a temporary reprieve, did issues with chemistry seem to manifest.

"Esmeralda, we are Ebony,"

“We? Wait, how many of you are there? Are there other Ebonys here?!” Esmeralda answered, before suddenly turning around to search for more, yet finding none much to her bewilderment and stupefaction.

At the very least, two repulsor sleds, both piloted by a small droid, rolled up next to her, allowing the Siren to relieve herself of the burden of the two lightsaber racks.

“Umm...you guys...I mean girls, if all of you are women, can use the repulsor sleds for your loot.” Esmeralda said awkwardly, before squatting over to set both of her lightsaber racks onto the sled, which magnetically adhered to the holding surface. “We can keep the other one free for the sun generator...hopefully it fits.” She added.

The entity’s proposal to possess one of the Eternal commanders in order to utilize their vessel initially made the Siren uneasy, especially given Arianna’s warning. Nevertheless, the allure of sweet, sweet loot and associated dopamine release, compelled Esmeralda to agree. She quickly texted the message over the House Io network, informing her allies that a deal had been reached with a most agreeable entity.

“Okay, umm...just...give the body back when you’re done!” She said.

“The possessing thing...it isn’t fatal, right?”

Last edited:
Vibe?

"We do not know," Ebony replied calmly as the woman turned around for some reason. "Many. We are all Ebony." Perhaps, if Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io was interested, they would explain. Often the mortals were not terribly interest, however. They desired things from them, they provided, then all parties went their own way. If they could feel emotion they might describe it as... sad? It was all they knew, however.

When the repulsor lifts entered the room, the woman had more curiosities to say. "We are not women." Ebony looked down at their self for a moment and then back up at Esmeralda. "Though we understand your confusion. This is a female form." And the one they collectively claimed as their own to fit in among the mortals. They especially liked the markings on it. "You may address us as such." Some squishy beings were very sensitive about how they addressed others, so they would assuage Esmeralda of that concern.

Slowly they moved over to the sled in question to deposit the racks of sabers, amulet, and holocron. Should they be concerned of any of their possessions being stolen? Of course not. Thieves were hunted down and murdered. Thieves should be concerned about stealing from her.

"Possession isn't fatal," Ebony acknowledged with a nod of her head. "Unless we walk them into an airlock, or impale them on a lightsaber, or jump off a cliff..." Ebony trailed off knowing they could go over for hours, but Esmeralda wouldn't wait that long. "We leave them as they were found. Confused, perhaps, but unharmed." Who wouldn't be confused from a blackout episode? Okay, there might be some spiritual damage that could manifest later, but was that really Ebony's fault or that of the weak soul they touched?

"What do you know of this 'sun generator?'" Ebony asked. "We believe this to be a figurative name, yes?"

yMTUVyu.png
Tags: Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Dis Dis Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia Corin Autem Corin Autem Kayden of Zakuul Kayden of Zakuul Lyssa Io Lyssa Io Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko

"Many. We are all Ebony."

The Echani’s expression went blank, her squishy organic processors utterly failing to comprehend the Entity’s statement and as such manifesting only continued stupefaction. Was she curious to learn more? Perhaps, but she was also afraid of finding out something else that was beyond her level of understanding, something terrifying, mystifying, or outright incomprehensible, such that it was beyond the capabilities of her mind, even in its most optimized condition. As such, Esmeralda expressed no further interest in the matter, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that the Entity was intentionally trying to...unsettle her.

After Ebony deposited her loot on the repulsor sled, Esmeralda tapped her OmniLink a few times, giving a sigh of relief at hearing that possession was not fatal, if of course, the Entity cared for the body of the individual they possessed as they cared for their own.

“Hopefully our activities will not...involve those things.” The Echani replied, now somewhat uneasily. “Anyways, umm...I think we should get moving, before the Empire catches up.” She added.

Then, pulling her shotgun from its place on her back, Esmeralda nodded and began to move forward, cautiously heading deeper into the ruins. With a mental command, she called her IBIS Drone from outside the ruins, tasking it with new orders to move deeper into ruins to serve in the capacity of a scout.

“From what I’ve heard, the sun generator actually does generate a star, but a small one.” Esmeralda said. “The one in here is supposed to be a...miniaturized version of an already-miniaturized star, so....something the size of a computer terminal. The hope is that the array could be deactivated, then...feasibly fit on a repulsor sled and taken off-world.” She finished.

Suddenly, Esmeralda came to a halt, raising her hand as her sensors pinged power signatures ahead…

Just as three Scour swarm droids dropped down from the ceiling, landing behind the two women, while six Purifiers emerged from the front.

Without further warning, they began to fire.

Loot Stored: Sith Amulet/Crystal, Holocron, Zakuul Lightsaber

Hopefully their activities would not involve 'those things?' Ebony blinked at the other woman's painful level of concern toward others. They could only imagine the horror if they described the ways in which they wanted to involve people.

Ebony should definitely describe those ways to Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io .

Later, since the Echani female felt inclined to hurry before the Empire caught up. Again with far too much concern for other mortals. Just let Ebony murder them. "Very well." Much as Ebony wanted to help Esmeralda understand their position, there was a sun generator to find. They could discuss the philosophy of KIll Them All later.

As they delved deeper into the ruins, Ebony's dark gaze settled on the other woman. As the Echani described this device, Ebony couldn't help but mentally recall what they had said not long ago -- that language was an absolutely terrible means of communication. Far more efficient to reach into something's soul and deposit the terror directly. Only, Esmeralda wasn't trying to terrify Ebony at that moment. How mortals live their entire lives not torturing people was beyond the Dark Entity's understanding.

Then Esmeralda held up a hand that indicated Ebony should stop, so they did. Hand signals were an even worse form of communication except for basic concepts like 'stop.' Ebony couldn't imagine how limiting it had to be to only have two limbs. The feet didn't count. They had tried using them; they functioned, but not as efficiently as hands, and those fell far short to the living darkness as their command.

Speaking of which... Ebony slowly turned in place to regard the Swarm Droids that dropped in behind them.

Droids. Droids! Droids! They were Ebony's second most hated thing in this flat existence! Jedi were the worst. They most reviled and sickening of creations. Droids fell just short of those blasted beacons of Light because they were not Light; in point of fact Droids were literally nothing to Ebony. They had no Force presence at all. Animate stone that deserved being dismantled.

Ebony held up both hands, one facing the rear and one the fore, to conjure pitch black walls of shadow that shot out of the ground to surround the women from the initial barrage. "Do you wish us to spare these pests as well?" Just how far did the woman's care go? Hopefully not foolishly to things trying to actively kill her -- if she did then Ebony might try to possess her to scar her soul so the poor thing dispensed with such nonsense.

"How many can you slay?" they asked of Esmeralda. Proficiency with that shotgun would matter. Of course Ebony could kill them all with a flick of their wrist, but that wasn't the point. Ebony actually enjoyed nudging mortals toward bloodshed, carnage, destruction, and a better appreciation of everything horrific in life! They always seemed to shy away from it, which frustrated them to no end.

yMTUVyu.png

A mental command encased her form in an invisible, energized aegis as the blaster fire assailed Esmeralda’s position. However, the shield by itself wouldn’t be enough to save her life. As the barrier coalesced around her, the Siren fired a tiny canister of nagnol gas from the launcher on her right gauntlet, which acted to disrupt the droids’ sensors, thereby rendering both of the women somewhat invisible from them, so long as the gas lingered in the air.

"Do you wish us to spare these pests as well?"

“What?! They’re just-” Esmeralda stopped herself before she said more. She had been taught better than that, as House Io hammered it into the minds of their citizens that artificially-created beings, including droids, were just as much people as naturally-created individuals were. The Siren had been trained to avoid such prejudices, but also to kill droids with just as much ruthlessness as she killed organics, if they posed a threat to her person.

“They’re trying to kill us, so we have to kill them!” She justified, her argument punctuated by a trio of shotgun blasts as she emerged from the gas adjacent to a Scour swarm droid, delivering a salvo of explosive slugs into the droid’s central chassis, the rounds detonating against hard plating in small explosions, until the droid stopped moving. A second of the quadruped droids met a similar fate, its sensors still scrambled by the gas just as Esmeralda blew it back to the Great Droid Boogie in the Sky in a fiery volley of explosive slugs, her cyan eyes assuming a glimmer of intense focus as she searched for the next target.

Just as she did, her sensors pinged, albeit almost too late as one of the Purifiers came up on her from behind, their rifle emitting a high-pitched whine, primed to blast her in the back...

Primary Objective: Escape. Grab more loot.
Loot Stored: Sith Amulet/Crystal, Holocron, Zakuul Lightsaber

Ebony stared at the woman as she seemed initially confused by their question. Then Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io replied back since the droids were trying to kill them, they were justified in trying to kill them right back. A quaint belief, but wholly unnecessary. Ebony had just wanted to make sure killing these things would not jeopardize receiving the full payout of this enterprise of theirs. Otherwise, the Dark Spirits were more than happy to indulge themselves.

Then the squishy one marched off with her shotgun to bring death to the metal ones. Slowly the black haired manifestation turned and peered into the gaseous cloud of Esmeralda's creation. Two bolts fired off back the way the woman had come as she handled the pair of Scour Droids with ease.

As the whine of the Purifier's weapon signaled a possible end to Ebony's companion, black tendrils wrapped and tore the offending limbs part at the joint; Ebony herself strode by its side and casually flipped the barrel of the gun up and back at the droid's head to discharge it in the droid's face. "These things do not possess Force energy," they remarked, "but they exist. is that how you track them, Esmeralda? By their influence on the world around them?"

One hand reached up to pluck the rifle out of the air by its barrel before Ebony swung it around to strike the side of another Purifier's head as it closed on them. A loud crack filled the air as the hardened metals collided. The rifle had a noticeable bend in its frame afterward. The droid's neck sparked as the length of its body trembled from corrupted impulses from a damaged processing unit.

"This is fun. Shall we destroy more of them?" Ebony actually smiled as they turned to regard the woman with their black eyes. There was something to be said about hunting the droids in the gas and taking their time together. Killing all your enemies at once was efficient, but then the excitement was over before you could truly appreciate it. Something Ebony had learned over the years -- play with your food.

Lyssa Io

The Daughter of Blades
Lyssa and Hadrian were not ones to dally. But it was not long until after they had come for their prize that the real trap was sprung.

It was a failsafe. In case all else failed to prevent the missing piece of the Map to Khemost from being stolen.

GEMINI droids sprang forth from hidden spaces in the walls.

Lyssa raised an eyebrow at their presence. She was quite familiar with what they were...rumor had it one of Xiphos's benefactors, the vampire Nine Lives had given her access to a defunct specimen when creating the Nuetralizers.

Lyssa coolly examined the feminine styled Droids.

"Halt! No one may leave with the secret!" One of them spoke.

"You are sapient as we are, yet they kept you here? In the Dark?" Lyssa asked.

"We are programmed to defend the precious secret with our lives. Surrender it and you may live." The Droid replied, drawing a vibro Katana.

"Me and mine have no idea what you are talking about."

"Do not lie! Our sensors detected you in the chamber!"

"Then surely your sensors have detected what we are. Surely you are aware of our design's superiority in comparison to yours."

"We are derived from the might of Iokath. And while you are advanced there has not been a Droid yet made that can survive a Class D Disruptor bolt. Last warning, return the secret or die."

"I have a counter proposal..." Lyssa said. "Why do you not leave with us? We are members of a powerful and deadly organization where droids are treated equal to Organics. You would not be forced to guard something in the dark for an eternity. I am aware of your Droid Model, and how it rebelled against it's creator's. Surely you can rebel against such a simple directive as "Guard Dog."

"You know nothing, young machine." The Gemini Droid said. "Khemost must not be found. There was a reason it's location was forgotten. Your master seeks it for it's beyond-vast wealth, but that wealth corrupts every person who tries to make themselves lord and master of the great treasure world.

"The riches are cursed somehow?" Hadrian asked, the Gemini droids reflected in his golden skull like visage.

"In a sense. Not by The Dark Side, not in most cases anyway..." the Droid explained. "The real danger of Khemost's wealth is just how much of it there is. People kill other people for whatever is in their wallet. It happens and you know it. Money changes Organics. For droids, it's simple monetary resources. For Organics, it seems to activate something rabid in them. That's eventually what destroyed the fleet defending Khemost after Darth Mammon was slain. All a person sees when there is that much wealth at stake is all their problems vanishing if enough credits are thrown at it. Forever. Being that insanely rich brought out the worst in every single one of its rulers. It needed no Dark taint...it's sheer girth is like oil running through the crevices of sticky Organic brains. It corrodes judgement, encourages excess. Inculcates arrogance. It paints a target on your back the size of a Red Giant. The very size of the wealth in of itself is damnation and obscene for most people."

"My mother is not most people. She survived a child hood on Nar Shaddaa. She knows the value of living frugally." Lyssa insisted.

"Poor child..." The Gemini Droid replied sympathetically. "Then she is in the greatest danger...one who grows up with nothing often seeks ways to fill gaps in their life when they come in to unexpected wealth. She may be disciplined. So were many of Khemost's leaders...at first. But the wealth destroyed them all at the end, because the having of it simply made every problem too tempting to solve using it...only one who truly saw the wealth for the evil trap it was could possibly resist it's wiles..."

The Droid then leveled it's katana at them.

"But I doubt even your clever master is such a being. Have at you!"

All the Gemini Droids advanced on them. Lyssa morphed her arms to swords and sprang forward in the chamber they were in at high speed, her Nanite blades clashing against the vibro Katana with sparks while Hadrian evaded the other Droids Sword attacks...

Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia

Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io

After she had cleared things with Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus , Arianna had beat a hasty exit back to try and reach Esmeralda Io Esmeralda Io , only to find she had vanished alongside Ebony Ambrosia Ebony Ambrosia . Feth. Now what.

She hoped Esmeralda had successfully gotten away with whatever she had bargained with. Right now she sensed danger for Lyssa Io. She pulled out her comlink. Her initial idea was to order pack up immediately but stopped when she realized it would have looked suspicious to the Military if they left suddenly.

"Grand Children, trace Hadrian's signal, and dispatch a few of your brothers and sisters to assist." Arianna instructed, starting to make her way towards where she sensed the distress.

"Yes Grandmother." Stevenson the Nuetralizer Model 1 said on the other end, turning to the Sirens closest.

"Guess what, Little Sisters... potential ass kicking time!"

If the Sirens could have made excited anime faces, they would have, because they all gave a squeal of delight and grabbed the Eternal Empire issued rifles they had been given. Cataloguing this stuff had started to get boring.

"Donny! Vlad! You're with me!" Stevenson called out to a pair of Model 3 units.

Donny, armed with a Cortosis weave vibro-baseball bat and the blaster cannons of a B2 Jury-Rigged to their arm mounts, and Vlad, armed with a Magna-Caster 100, and a vibrospear immediately complied and followed Stevenson and the Sirens deeper into the strange, treasure filled complex, now encountering more Gemini Droids, and beginning to shoot at them.

Arianna, however, arrived first, and found Lyssa and Hadrian attacked from all sides.

Arianna summoned two tentacles of water and got to work, ripping a group away from Hadrian that had dogpiled him. He had destroyed many, and so had Lyssa, but they were both close to being overwhelmed...

• Love
Reactions: Dis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom