Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Hubris of Empires | The Cold War | Invasion of Ilum [Empire vs. Alliance]

ilumobj2logo.png

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Objective Two: Hallowed Scar
Action: Regain Strength (Partially), Offer hand to Daisy to help and leave
Outfit (Minus the right arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana collapsed onto all threes, her eyes clenched shut as the breathing felt difficult, the Force powers taxed so much of her energy. The sensation of complete enervation was a novel feeling, she carefully clenched her fist and pushed herself up to sit on her legs. Once before the battle the planet Ilum provided quite a bit of chilling winds, but presently Ariana wanted to sink into a tub of ice-water. Or maybe just a few minutes to leave this corporal form until the pain goes away.

The right side of her helmet’s visor had a jagged break that revealed her right eye, while her HUD flickered on and off adding further annoyance to her growing headache. The Imperial Soldier also was in a somewhat defeated position, the toll of their fight clearly weighed him down heavily. But was it enough?

The man still possessed energy to talk and as he ripped his helmet off, Ariana tensed and clenched her fist in anticipation. His words were bitting, and the familiar cold logic was dripping with the pompous attitude that her father explained once a time ago. He had served alongside Imperials beneath four different Imperial Banners, different leaders, and believed deeply in the cause even as all those Imperial Orders crashed all around him year after year.

If there was an Imperial Order that was different, it was perhaps the Grayson Imperium, for when they met the nascent Republic for control of the Core something truly incredible happened. Ariana could remember the utter amazement and joy that her father’s voice held, the birth of the Galactic Alliance came after the Republic and Imperium recognized the other as the other half to make the each other whole. The Jedi Order was a whole other matter, Ariana admitted to herself, but the light that shimmered in this dark galaxy was protected by not just the Alliance, but also the Jedi that believed in that better future.

Pride has nothing to do with a peaceful galaxy, nor does this useless war between the Imperial Order and the Alliance. The young Du Couteau heir found her strength slowly returning and carefully she stood back up, and took a few moments to steady her feet. She walked over to the other wounded Padawan, the young woman looked just as bad as Ariana if not worse, with switching glances between the Imperial Soldier and the other Padawan. Careful to act should the Imperial attack when both of them were quite wounded, sapped nearly of all strength.

Ariana stretched out her left hand to the Padawan, to help her stand back up and hopefully manage to walk out of the caverns. Out of this frozen potential tomb, filled with nothing but death and regrets. “You don’t have to choose now. . . “ Ariana spoke, her voice was firm but it was barely more than a whisper. “-Let’s find a place to heal. . . you can decide afterwards. . .” She added with a softer tone, as she gave a sideway glance back to the Imperial. She held no ill will towards the man, she couldn't, this galaxy was filled with enough hate, it didn't need her own to add to the swirling pool of rancor and hatred that threatened to destroy the galaxy.

His face reminded her of someone, a photo on a file her Father was reading one night, perhaps an Imperial he had once served along with? With a mental shrug Ariana could figure that mystery out later, such things hardly mattered when the blood inside their body was leaving to join the cold dirt below their feet. She also sensed a familiar Force signature approaching them, perhaps a way out to safety was much closer than she expected.

Orik Dakari

Imperial Military Police
ilumobj1logo.png

Operation Black Ice
908th Legion, 303rd Forward Security Battalion, 1st Company, 1st Platoon, Section 1

FOB Reverence, Western Kyber Mountains, ILUM
Objective: REPEL AMBUSH Return to safety
Equipment: Snow Armor
Tags: Michael Barran Shai Maji

'Dakari, its good to see you again, but I'm declaring active status this time sadly.... I'm still very much uninjured, which means I best stay on the clock until ordered otherwise. Sit-Rep is simple too, the Lord-Regent is in stable condition for now but requires immediate triage and accompanying surgeries. Sorry I can't be of more help to you in the specifics, its just that I genuinely don't know.'
Orik nodded, though he was unsure what to make of Michael's vague details.

"Of course; if you require assistance, a patrol should be by shortly to make a security sweep of the area."

Michael's haunted but determined look made it clear there were things going on here beyond Orik's jurisdiction and understanding: a grave notion.
'If you have further questions, you know where I live. But enough with that, I'd rather thank you for helping instead - hopefully we'll get to reward that someday..... Until next time, stay wise an' stay safe.'

From there, it seemed like the Wanderer's legs would do all the thinking for him, with no choice but to wave his brief and amiable farewell, afforded only a moment to look to the MPs over his shoulder as the sprint westward led Lord Michael back along the same snaking trail of boot-prints he had only just created in the other direction
"You too, m'lord."

The Goidel guards were conspicously letting Michael go on his merry way, and so Orik followed suit, ill at ease though he was. He was the last to re-enter the transport, only half paying attention to the emergency call go out from the vehicle commander back to Reverence; he was looking out into the snow at the shrinking silhouette of the Druid, thinking about everything and nothing all at once.

EXIT THREAD​

Last edited:

ilumobj2logo.png

HALLOWED SCAR, ILLUM:-
Sahar Sahar | Korvan Toldreyn Korvan Toldreyn Valery Noble Valery Noble Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Into the cold, the harsh bite of it felt like needles across his sweat-soaked skin. Intense winds allowed for his cloak to flow freely off of his frame, ripples wavered back and forth across his tunic, and for a moment his eyes fell skyward with an outstretched palm; snow entered his hand as much as it burned to steam on the beam of his cerulean saber. In the skies, wrecks set aflame thundered on the horizon and a disturbance called from the clouds. The reborn Jedi clenched his palm, absent the smile afforded to his former Master mere moments before. Just one final act, the final flames of his unshackled wrath left to burn. He fended off the darkness, but Rakaan remained in the shadows of the Force.

His focus seemed reminscient of a beam. His booted footfalls marched across the battlefield, across the mined stone, between the sea of dead strewn about and the remnants of the destroyed space vessels and armoured vehicles. Rakaan effortlessly swept aside the tibanna bolts that closed in, all on the approach towards his former ally. His once-friend, now dying. If not dead.

It was an embittered scowl, one that carried no words; not on the march over, not as those soldiers were slain, and not as his blue blade had been thrust into the back of Sahar with all the malicious intent to see her sick, twisted self killed.

Bright lights stung Jadwiga's eyes as she looked around the immediate area. There were no fires, no panicking officers, and no violent lurching of a battle in progress. That was when the pain set in. She must have been wounded badly enough to lose consciousness over Ilum. It was at least apparent that the ship was in no immediate danger as she was undergoing medical examinations. A nurse noted that she had woken up and informed the rest of the team and they entered the room to speak to her.

"Commodore, you survived. Thank the Force." she said as she checked all the instrument panels. Jadwiga sat up in her bed and winced heavily. The pain spun her head for a moment and she looked down at her hand. The wrapping told her enough. She had been badly burned on the right side. Likely some kind of explosion on the bridge. Up to her shoulder there was bandaging that was likely keeping bacta patches on her flesh. The skin was damaged badly, and no matter what the medical staff could do it was definitely going to scar. What was one more for the collection?

"Make sure to recommend my first officer for a commendation on taking command of the situation when I was taken out of commission. I need a status report. Not for myself, but for the ship and crew." Jadwiga said with cold efficiency to her voice. She had little time to worry for herself when her crew was likely suffering from heavy losses.

"Of course. Here's the data pad your second officer prepared for you." she said, as the Commodore picked it up with her left hand. The nurse continued, "You suffered second and third degree burns up your right arm to the shoulder and part of your lower torso. We anticipate a normal recovery save for the scar tissue that will form. We will do our best to minimize it but we can't promise that it will do much."

"That doesn't matter. I'm not worried about that. How are the wounded doing in the other bays?" Jadwiga asked, going over the casualty numbers. Roughly 30% of the crew had suffered some kind of injury; that was on top of the dead. She shook her head. For their Commodore she felt she had let them down, but, there was nothing she could have done in anticipation of a superweapon being fired so indiscriminately. The grimmace on her face was a mix of the pain in her body, and now the pain in her heart.

The Commodore put the data pad down. "I am truly sorry. I let you all down."

"With all due respect, Commodore, you could not have known that the Imperial fleet had a superweapon primed to fire into the fleet. I am not a strategist but you did what you could given the way the battle began." the nurse said, peeling the old bandaging off to clean the burns and redress the wounds.

Jadwiga sat in stoic agony as the work was done. 'I lost too many of you to that thing. I will do better." she vowed as she winced with every single touch to her burns. "Collect the battle logs. I want the Senate and Intel to have the footage of that weapon. We cannot let our fleet go into battle blindly again. Somebody dropped the ball about just what the Imperial fleet was capable of and I want to give what I can to remedy that. I thought those Maw barbarians were bad but they at least have motives we understand. This was a pointless battle with pointless death. They had no reason to be at Ilum. I want flight reports from the surviving fighters as well. If we can get technical readouts on what we fought there we can try to outfit better against what their fleet compositions are.

"Of course Commodore. But for now, just lay back. We will not be administering painkillers as we have...run out. But, we are going to try to alleviate the pain for you." the nurse said.

Jadwiga lay herself back down, and just stared off into the blackness of space. Out there was the man responsible for this weapon and she had to stop him. Without rising or looking back to the nurse, "Nurse, inform the crew that we will be taking an extended furlough while the ship is in drydock. I want to take some time to gather information about who built that evil thing."

"Aye, Commodore."

ANV Wildfire
Shields 0/100
Hull 43/100
Z-95 Headhunter 11/120
X-Wing 23/120
Y-Wing 19/60

F-29 Fortress Bomber 0/20

/Exit Thread

ilumobj3logo2.png

Onboard the NIV Reckoning

Objective: Escape the Reckoning!
Opposition: Empire l Closed
Allies: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Domina Prime Domina Prime Caedyn Arenais
Enemies: Varm Nul Varm Nul Koda Fett Koda Fett

That hurts! Minerva thought, gritting her teeth underneath the helm from the pain she felt all over her body. Forcing herself to sit up, the young warrior took a moment to breathe in and out.

I'm gonna feel like Bantha crap for the next few rotations. Well no sacrifice no victory as father used to say.

Suddenly she remembered her foe turning only to see him be dragged away by his fellow mercenaries as they retreated. To Minerva's further astonishment she saw he is one of those red Sith aliens.

"What?!" Exclaimed Minerva, in utter disbelief.

Within the minute the violence that had claimed the mess hall had now ceased. Minerva glanced around viewing the carnage wrought here. Fallen Mandalorians, stormtroopers and mercenaries spread laying on the floor now scorched by burn marks and stained with their blood. At the sight Minerva bowed her head slightly in respect even to her enemies. Unlike the pirates, terrorists and other criminal filth she had fought many times these men and women had proven to be true warriors in their own right.

It is highly doubtful that the Imps feel the same way about all this but I can't help but have new respect for them. We had fought and showed our true selves…regardless of the outcome.

While her commander came over reaching out his right hand.

"Come on warrior back to your feet."

Minerva accepted the arm and forced herself up despite feeling sore all over. Suddenly and violently the entire ship quakes, knocking everyone back to the ground. Both commander and Minerva collapsed helmets first.

"What was that?!" One of the warriors meters away shouted even as the shaking didn't stop and metal crushing with a loud screech that lasted for a few minutes. Pieces of the roof above broke and fell onto the mess hall.

Just as everyone tried to get up they fell once when the ship slammed into something from another direction and the power off.

Groaning Minerva sat up once while the commander did the same before they and the other Mandalorians turned on their sensors to see through this new darkness. Subsequently the leader's commlink activated and he listened to the transmission as the emergency alarms rang forth all for hear. Without hesitation he declared to the handful of warriors that remained here.

"Change of plans the Huntress has rammed itself against the superweapon! We need to get off this ship soon."

A gasp escaped Minerva. For one of their ships to do that means things must be truly desperate out there. The commander issued orders to any remaining Enclave forces onboard to make for some of the escape pods with the wounded. Letting go of Minerva the veteran then picked up new information and addressed his team.

"There are Jedi onboard at the hangar nearby at the next two corridors. Let's go save their hides and commandeer a ride."

Jedi here all this time? Talk about a small galaxy.

Keeping that thought to herself she followed after her unit leader with the survivors out of the mess hall including the wounded. Passing the corridors even as the entire vessel continued to tremble they found their destination within a few minutes. Those not wounded rushed forward as the door slid open and flew up in their jetpacks, uttering their battle cries while shooting at any Imperial combatants once identified. As for Minerva she soon notices a trio of what she assumed to be Jedi fighting a gunslinging Duros and…a fighter wearing Mandalorian armor!

Shaking off the shock quickly Minerva then saw a crazed being with Mando gear close by tearing through Imps like a nexu amongst a herd of nerfs. Reading her blaster Minerva charged, shouting at the top of her lungs as she gunned down two naval troopers.

"MANDO ATYAOR!"

Last edited:
AllianceDiscordIcon.png

ilumobj1logo.png

Lieutenant Sara 'Meteor' Roche
GADF Marines, 222nd Nova Corps, 121st (Augmented) Battalion, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon

Location: EASTERN KYBER MOUNTAINS - PASS OF THE PALADINS, Ilum
Objective: Break the Imperial line KILL
Equipment: REC/STA-02 Advanced Shocktrooper Armour, REC-RCG/01 "Reaper" Particle Beam Chainblaster w/ grenade launcher, REC-DC/04 "Feverwasp" Particle Blaster Pistol, C-11 "Nastirci" Combat Knife, REC-VC/01 Tactical Visor; Starship Model
ENGAGING: FN-999 Sid Berik

4Mr5E7n.png
No fancy tactics, no overwhelming firepower, no technical trickery. Only the blade hitting the armour... But unable to pass through, only hollow tapping sounds. They were locked so close their blades could not pierce the other's armour, even despite the vibroedges. They struggled in the mud for a while, Sara reached out with her left hand to try to pin Sid's knife: each trying to pull back enough to gain enough room to accelerate their blade just enough to break the other's armour, while their other arm kept the other soldier's knife arm from rearing back or pushing ahead.

It was an absurd struggle, the two armoured soldiers pouring all their energy into a locked position. With the rest of the battle dead as far as they knew, it seemed like neither could push an advantage.

Sara finally rolled off, pushing away to her right, away from the Imp's knife. She grabbed a weapon; she didn't know whose it was anymore. Her fingers fumbled for the trigger, firing to keep him occupied as she slid into cover, trying to catch a breath.

ilumobj2logo.png

kTl0gxS.png

STRIKE TEAM YSALAMIRI || DULCET
ILUM | THE JEDI TEMPLE | HALLWAYS

white.png
“What?” Cordé guffawed.

Fast, sharp and intense, the pain came and bloomed out from her socket. She released a hoarse gasp that faded into a whimper and squeezed her eyes shut. She’d never used that distraction technique on a patient. She always counted down one, two, ready? three, with them. This was useful. Her mind had shifted from the pending hurt and sought an answer.

Now, he needed a different answer.

“Yeah.” She agreed and rolled her shoulder— testing it. The sincerity of his plea made her frustration slide away. She sighed, checked her blaster, and nodded. “Okay. Yes. I owe you anyway.”

Last time she’d said that, or something along the lines of, he’d spouted off some dogma about Jedi duty. So, in the darkness, whether or not he could see it, she shot him a silencing glare.

The Jedi seemed to know his way through the caves. All the while, Cordé marked her position, sending little flashing updates to her Task Force.

When they arrived on the scene, it was gruesome. Smoke rose from a shadow on the other side of what had been a solid wall, and Cordé drew in a sharp breath. That must have been the other Padawan. He was moving through, surprisingly spritely for someone who’d had rocks raining down on him seconds earlier.

As much as she wanted to help with the Imperial Knight — her mission was to arrest one — she was a medic first. Besides, the Jedi had handled his own well enough on Teta. So, while her Jedi companion drew the attention of the Imp Knight with words that seemed uncharacteristically courageous, she slunk around the perimeter and pat her medkit.

Then a white-haired woman arrived on the scene. Another Jedi. Another jab at the Imperial’s morality and an invisible blast that set him back. The Imperial Knight squared up, ready for the challenge and launched himself into it.

Cordé lifted the bottom of her wrist to her mouth, speaking into the comms that kept her connected to her task force — Driver Driver Dominik Borra Dominik Borra elsewhere in the caverns.

<This is Dulcet; I’m sharing my latest position. If y’all haven’t found an Imp to take home yet, I’ve got one on this location.>

She ended her transmission in time to hear the other Padawan speak to the raven-haired healer.

"C'mon Sion,"

That was the moment Cordé realized they'd never exchanged names. He'd healed her twice, shown her the wonders of Coruscant's medicinal archives, and she hadn't known his name.

She looked to him, Sion, and saw an expression that looked like torment. Almost as distraught as when he’d seen all the bodies earlier. Cordé glanced from him to the scorch marks spider-webbed through Gabe's tunic.

Despite her better judgement, she frowned.

“Psst. Hey. Remember why you told me you’re here?” She murmured, low enough to keep the conversation private but still somehow snake through his trancelike dilemma. Even though she hardly knew him, he seemed to wear his heart on his sleeve and every internalized emotional reaction on his face. She recognized the predicament because he’d roped her into it too.

If not, she’d be blasting at that Knight as well. But instead, she was preparing her stimpacks to help the downed Padawans.

“Help your master’s Padawan?”

ALLIES | GA | NJO | TFY | UP ABOVE AND NO LONGER IN PROXIMITY Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Tiric Sar'andor | Driver Driver
DROP-IN VISIT | Sion Lorray Sion Lorray | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Zhea Nox Zhea Nox
FOES | THE EMPIRE | Zalo

Objective: III - Final Countdown
Tags:

The Empire: Velran Kilran Velran Kilran | Gallius Orcana Gallius Orcana | Rohak Vizsla Rohak Vizsla | Veno Veno
Galactic Alliance and allies: Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause | Jadwiga Drozd Jadwiga Drozd | Pa'Kar Sang | Caedyn Arenais | Ari Naldax Ari Naldax | Jos Krayt Jos Krayt

• (1) Legate-class Battlecruiser (Flagship - 5000m)
    • NIV Ave Imperator
      • Shields: 50%
      • Armor: 72%
      • Power: 80%
      • Subsystems: 100%
  • (2) Pellaeon IV-class Star Destroyers (Battleline - 4000m)
    • NIV Sturm
      • Shields: 56%
      • Armor: 75%
      • Power: 82%
    • NIV Niruaun
      • Shields: 62%
      • Armor: 62%
      • Power: 90%
  • (3) New Imperial I-class Star Destroyers (Battleline - 4800m)
    • NIV Triumph
      • Shields: 0%
      • Armor: 32%
      • Power: 41%
      • Subsystems: 52%
    • NIV Voracious
      • Shields: 70%
      • Armor: 87%
      • Power: 90%
    • NIV Bastion IV
      • Shields: 77%
      • Armor: 81%
      • Power: 89%
  • (3) Valiant-class Star Destroyers (Battleline - 3000m)
    • NIV Orion (Disintegrated)
      • Armor: 0%
      • Power: 0%
      • Subsystems: 0%
    • NIV Primus (Undergoing Extensive Repairs - New Aldera)

• [*]Shields: 100%
        [*]Armor: 100%
        [*]Power: 100%
        [*]Subsystems: 100%
    • NIV Iriad
      • Shields: 52%
      • Armor: 75%
      • Power: 86%
  • (4) Endurance-class Fleet Carriers (Auxilliary Support - 4,160m)
    • NIV Dauntless
      • Shields: 100%
      • Armor: 100%
      • Power: 100%
    • NIV Bellicose
    • NIV Geras (Disintegrated)
    • NIV Uriel (Disintegrated)
  • (1) Onager II-class Star Destroyer (Long Range Weapons Platform - Modified - 1800m)
    • NIV Reckoning
      • Shields: 22%
      • Armor: 48%
      • Power: 64%
      • Subsystems: 68%
  • (6) Tirailleur-class Artillery Frigates (Ranged Support - 3000m)
    • NIV Trident
      • Shields: 50%
      • Armor: 71%
      • Power: 87%
      • Subsystems: 89%
    • NIV Tiberia
      • Shields: 11%
      • Armor: 47%
      • Power: 78%
      • Subsystems: 86%
    • NIV Rupture (Disintegrated)
    • NIV Revenant (Destroyed)
    • NIV Maulor
      • Shields: 64%
      • Armor: 76%
    • NIV Brutor
      • Shields: 52%
      • Armor: 73%
  • (8) Gurkha-class Corvettes (Ranged Support, Escort - 1384m)
    • NIV Wasp
    • NIV Baroque
      • Shields: 81%
      • Armor: 92%
    • NIV Iridium (Destroyed)
    • NIV Lament
      • Shields: 62%
      • Armor: 81%
    • NIV Prakith
      • Shields: 86%
      • Armor: 98%
    • NIV Ouroboros
      • Shields: 86%
      • Armor: 97%
    • NIV Eros
      • Shields: 88%
      • Armor: 99%
    • NIV Lovath (Destroyed)
  • (10) TXS ‘Vandal’-class Corvettes (Escort - 1,800m)
    • NIV Telos
    • NIV Jocasta
    • NIV Lorath
    • NIV Pharos
    • NIV Nebula
    • NIV Jericho
    • NIV Moras
      • Shields: 87%
      • Armor: 97%
    • NIV Veraxus (Disintegrated)
    • NIV Blood Crow
      • Shields: 91%
    • NIV Motti (Disintegrated)

• Engaging Mandalorians
    • (1) Pellaeon SD
      • NIV Niruaun
    • (2) New Imperial SDs
      • NIV Triumph
      • NIV Bastion
    • (3) Gurkha Corvettes
      • NIV Wasp
      • NIV Lament
      • NIV Ouroboros
    • (2) Vandal Corvettes
      • NIV Blood Crow
      • NIV Moras

Total/Deployed/Destroyed
Total Starfighter Squadrons - 80
  • TIE Outlanders: 28
  • TIE Drones: 29
  • TIE Bombers: 23
  • TIE Interceptors: 21
Attack Group Overview:
  • Fighter Group 1 (Blockade Defense)
    • 128/128/6 - TIE Outlanders
    • 240/240/24 - TIE Drones
    • 72/72/3 - TIE Interceptors
  • Fighter Group 2 (Enclave Strike Wing)
    • 128/128/4 - TIE Outlanders
    • 240/240/12 - TIE Drones
    • 64/64/0 - TIE Bombers
Deployment Totals

X5Yx2PB.png

moffbanner.png

Hardly any time had passed since the superweapon had fired when communications began piling into the tactical blister of the Ave Imperator. Reports piled in about the nature of the... creature that had been carving a swathe through both Imperial and Alliance forces alike, as well as how it... had shielded those on the surface from the beam shot through the atmosphere. After receiving orders to do so, the Reckoning began rotating toward the Alliance fleet yet again - its foreboding visage aligning into attack position for a third barrage upon the beleaguered defenders.

Grand Moff Korvan stared, not at the maneuvers happening before him, but rather; at the status of the left flank, which was barely hanging on in the wake of the Enclave onslaught. Despite the capabilities of Commodore Chrias, they would buckle soon - it was a simple fact of numbers not being on their side. Theyhad to hold out just a little longer - long enough for the mining operations to evacuate lest they be cut off by the remnants of the Alliance fleet.

As if in answer to his silent prayer, a communication came in from Gallius Orcana, who Korvan assumed was present on the battlefield despite the lack of impact his forces had on the overall battle. However, it would seem his communication was not without some benefit to the primary objective. A faint smile began to line Korvan’s lips at the sight of (6) nearly-full strength Onager-II Star Destroyers approaching from the far side of the engagement zone. They began to unleash their massive main armaments upon the rear of the Enclave fleet, even as they attempted to mobilize for a full scale retreat.

Victory was at hand-

“Enemy frigate approaching the superweapon!”

LonelyGraveEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif
“How in the Empire did it slip past our lines?!” Admiral Feros questioned. The tactical officer stared back as if he was a Kath Hound staring in the headlights of a speeder.

“There is no time for this!” Korvan interjected, his words forged from steel as urgency overrode anything else. “STOP THAT SHI--” Korvan was right - there was no time, not even to finish uttering the command on his lips. Despite the desperate withering fire offered to challenge the collision course of the Huntress, her sleek form punched onward into the prow section of the Reckoning.

The Mandalorian craft ruptured from the impact, causing the starboard-fore section of the Reckoning to splinter as the ship itself listed violently. The momentum behind the impact caused the modified Onager to push into a neighboring Tirailleur-class Artillery Frigate dubbed the Tiberia. Brilliant sparks of light began pulsing throughout the ship, culminating in the vessel falling completely dark.

“Status report!” Admiral Feros demanded. For once, Ignacious did not feel inclined to contradict or countermand him.

“S-she’s suffered moderate damage to her starboard prow, s-s-sir. The crew initiated an emergency power shutdown to prevent a catastrophic failure of the prototype. But... she’s disabled for good sir, at least by our initial analysis.” Despite the inaudible sigh many on the bridge crew had released, this was still not a good situation.

The Empire’s prototype weapon had been effectively disabled from the fight, and the Imperial force on Ilum was now caught within enemy territory without the main advantage that secured their position. The Grand Moff twitched slightly as he looked out the port viewport, seeing the Enclave fleet beginning their withdrawal to hyperspace. “Order a general withdrawal from the planet, and redeploy the fleet around the superweapon in formation to depart.” Korvan’s voice was low and dangerously cool. “Correction” he paused, as if choosing his words carefully. “Contact the field command outpost of the Lord Regent, and relay the recommendation to the other Triumvirs. Relay as follows; ‘We recommend extraction immediately...’”

There were ramifications surrounding the decision to retreat, particularly under the present circumstances. The Empire had only barely avoided the destruction of the weapon in its entirety, and only by happenstance. If it was the opinion of the Triumvirs, rather than himself... then the situation was salvageable. Even when on the back foot, it was dangerous to show weakness within the game of Imperial politics. “‘Prototype is off-line and requires refitting. Continued utilization risks total loss. We await your orders.’”

With a nod from the Grand Moff, the message was sent to the attention of DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran , Willan Tal Willan Tal , and Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber . In the meantime, they would make preparations. And Korvan...

Korvan would ruminate over one particular item of importance...

The downfall of the Galactic Alliance.

Ilum would just be the beginning.

~Fin

X5Yx2PB.png

Operational
Operational
ANV Justicar
Operational
ANV Sanctity
Operational
ANV Sulon
Operational
ANV Centax
Operational
ANV Gus Talon
Operational
Hammerhead
Squadron​
Operational

Battlegroup Andor emerged from hyperspace in a blur of pseudomotion. On the Starhawk's right flank a trio of Courageous destroyers launched waves of starfighters while to her left slender Dauntless heavy cruisers bristled with charging heavy turbolaser batteries. Nimble Hammerhead corvettes maneuvered in between the formation.

In orbit of Ilum starships burned. Master San Tekka gazed past the carnage, then bowed his head in sorrow. Another sacred world defaced. He remembered an old hut on Tatooine and Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill staring him down with cold eyes.

'Imagine the Sith are broken, the New Imperial Order is stronger than ever, and stormtroopers and Imperial Knights come to take Eshan or another tasty Silver Jedi border world on some pious pretext.'

They had not come for Eshan.

"Imperial scum," Captain Bashir snarled, "Pursue those vessels. Cripple any who resist-"

"Let them go, my friend. This battle is over."

He placed a gentle hand on the mon cal's shoulder. Damaged Alliance ships littered the battlefield with crews still trapped on board not to mention all the escape pods waiting for rescue. Attempts were being made to establish communications with spaceworthy fleet captains as well as any Jedi survivors on the surface.

"We arrived too late."

"No," the Jedi smiled sadly, "By the Force's will, we're just in time."

Last edited:
ilumobj2logo.png

PADAWAN OF THE CAPTAIN OF THE TORTUGA COMPANY

ILUM | DRILL SITE | NORTH POINT MINING AREA

Within him a war raged.

He left his Master to find Gabriel... and now Gabriel was found. But to rescue Gabriel it meant leaving another Jedi to a fight that he could help with. Nether, Sion had been about to take the fight to Aschwin when Zhea stepped in. Had it been cowardice? Him delaying the fight to get a mouthy quip out that didn't seem to have any effect on the Imperial Knight at all?

The hope that someone would step up?

"Psst. Hey. Remember why you told me you're here?"

His hand gripped tighter around the lightsaber and he took a step forward towards the dashing forms of Aschwin and Zhea.

Cordé could handle the evacuation of the kids, couldn't she? He had to help. This was his fight as much as anyone's. He would never forgive himself if he turned his back to this and later found out Zhea had perished. It would be too much. Master Ridor would forgive him... he knew she'd understand, wouldn't sh-

"Help your master's Padawan?"

No... she would not... and neither would Sion forgive himself if something happened to Gabriel or Cordé, especially Cordé. This wasn't her fight at all, he couldn't pin it on her.

The saber disengaged and Sion forcefully turned away from the duel. Back towards the Padawans and Cordé. "Don't think you are supposed to use my words against me like that." An attempt at a joke... but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Gabriel," He nodded towards his fellow Padawan, before kneeling next to Varen to pull an arm around his shoulders. "Get his other side, we need to get him out of here."

Like he hadn't just been contemplating abandoning them both like a traitor.

As they left the cave behind the echoes of saber smashing against saber could still be heard. Every time the echo intruded on them Sion's shoulders fell before resetting themselves. "I- there are others nearby." The Padawan said suddenly, as they got far enough away his senses focused primarily on what was happening around them.

More lightside presences... he didn't know this was Amani.

Didn't care... as long as it was help.

We got wounded here, whoever you are. Sion passed over to the fellow Jedi over a quickly established shared connection. "Are you okay, Gabriel? Help will be here soon, I promise."

Allies: Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Varen Ardos Varen Ardos | Zhea Nox Zhea Nox | Amani Serys Amani Serys
Enemies: Aschwin Vethres

ilumobj1logo.png

F I S T _ O F _ T H E _ E M P I R E
501st STORMTROOPER LEGION
HUBRIS OF EMPIRES
BLACK ICE
Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt Wolfram Triko Wolfram Triko
W97n1D7.png

If I had a Heart
The question he posed remained unanswered as the Mandalorian drew a hefty warhammer, holstering his own blaster away.

"The only travesty I see is a Mandalorian leashed by the Jedi." the general said, pulling his blade into guard. A loud fwoosh propelled the opposing warrior forward like a devastating cruise missile at the Imperial. Without the repulsorboots, his agility had been hindered. The Warhammer, clearly looking to be of Mandalorian make, looked almost as deadly as the Titan. Saul needed mobility.

The veteran shuffled to the side escaping the hammer's wrath that left a blood-curdling crater in the ground. He retaliated with a quick, bereft of strength, slash aimed at an area where any fuel lines running into the jetpack may potentially be. ​

ilumobj2logo.png

ECLIPSE
CAVERNS | ILUM
ALLIES: Varen Ardos Varen Ardos | Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Sion Lorray Sion Lorray | Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo | NJO | GA | ENCLAVE
ENEMIES: Aschwin Vethres | TE
ENGAGING: Aschwin Vethres
OLD FRIEND: Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad - to be redeemed oneday (hopefully)
GEAR: Lightsaber | Collapsible Force-imbued staff | Cortosis-weave Undershirt | Phrik Pauldron and vambraces

zheadiv.png

banner5.png

BEAT

"My duty is to delay the alliance and the new jedi order; if that is accomplished by ending the lives of children. Then so be it."

Oh Simon, what were you doing with these people.
"
And what kind of challenge is that to an Imperial Knight?" she asked.

But in response, she got the answer of a blade.

As cerulean met argent in earnest, her azure gaze caught another young one that had appeared and was helping Gabriel with Varen. Good. They would succeed then.

The defensive properties of Niman shone brightly as her blade matched the Imperial's blows. How different this man's own style was from Simon's. This man's power was not quite the same as her old friend's.

The only difference was that this man was no old friend.

As her blade met each of his strikes, her free hand struck out by altering the environment in such a way that flurries of snow would shoot into his eyes. He wasn't nearly as aggressive as Simon, so her sole objective of drawing his attention away from the Padawans was working.

But she would need to be going as well soon.

So she went on the offensive part of Niman.

So while her one hand was parrying his Makashi strikes, her free hand reached for the folded staff on her belt and unclipped it. With a flourish, she flicked open the Force-imbued staff to keep at the ready.

As the Imperial started to push her back towards the wall, she realised she was going to be in trouble again.. So the Force-imbued staff was thrust forward in the last second of his attack to try and strike at his nose in a rare Jar'kai move for her.

With presumed distance, she would then alter up some more ice and snow from the ground between them to slow him down before she took off to catch up with the Padawans that have escaped to ensure their safety while a medevac was on its way.

She wasn't confrontational - unless she really really had to be.

/Exit thread

Aschwin Vethres

A

Aschwin Cassirer Vethres
Imperial Knight Templar
Heir of House Vethres
Shield of Bal Talmshaa
Commander of the 293rd

Direct Tags: Varen Ardos Varen Ardos ; Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor ; Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce ; Sion Lorray Sion Lorray ; Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo
Equipment:
Addlehorn Armor
Aschwin Curved Lightsaber
Post Number:

Twelve

X5Yx2PB.png

Aschwin was so focused on his attacks against Zhea Nox Zhea Nox that the appearance of Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo was unnoticed by him. His curved lightsaber moved with precision and elegance and was brilliantly matched by lady's niman style that fatigue was beginning to show. Clashing his blade over and over again with her to no end in sight. He was distracted for just a brief moment as flurries of snow pounded against his eyes in an attempt to blind him. It almost worked it not for his resolve to carry on fighting even while blinded. Parrying each blow and returning one once again.

The padawan's might escape from him but that mattered very little compared to beating this person in front of himself. She switched rather quickly into the offensive parts of Niman and quickly went to work into his own defensive guard. He moved himself forward to actively engage her to not let his stance slip. Aschwin barely noticed the staff she now held within her hand and flourished it within her hand. His grip on his lightsaber became even tighter in response.

He had her against the wall for just a brief moment; until the impact of the staff into his face occured. Sending him back some through the snowy floor. His face now bled even more crimson blood than before as it dripped into the snow to cover it like a sea. He wanted to move forward once again to attack until the ice and snow slowed down his approach. It was clear she was an expert in Alter Environment where he lacked accurate countermeasures.

Aschwin watched her flee from the battle between them no doubt looking to link up with the padawans. He knew that trying to engage them once more in his fatigued form was a suicide mission and promptly walked down the long tunnel that the drill had made before it's destruction. A radio frequency had alerted him to the Imperial Withdraw from Ilum and it was not long until a shuttle had arrived to pick him up and take him back to the last elements of the Imperial Fleet still in orbit before hyperspace took them.

LAST POST

enclavediv4.png

ilumobj1logo.png

Opponent: Saul Vandron Saul Vandron

Leaving an earth-shattering boom, completely crushing the hardened ground beneath the head of the Warhammer, Kragr released hit grip upon the handle of his Warhammer. With a snap, he spun around and with his now free gauntleted hand backhanded the slash from the general's sword, hoping to knock the man off balance.

Simultaneously, Kragr grabbed hold of the heavy Warhammer and came in from the left side, with a devastating swing. It was clear the general knew how to use the sword, but more importantly, knew exactly where to hit. Kragr had to be careful the general's attacks wouldn't hit true, removing the superior mobility from the fight.

Kragr wasn't so much worried for his vambraces as they were built with the same material as his armour. While his jetpack was also built with Reinforced-Durasteel and Beskar alloy, that was mainly the base of it, so fuel lines was still vulnerable to attack.

smalldivgold.png

ilumobj2logo.png
Paddywagon: Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Jand Talo Jand Talo
New Additions: Sion Lorray Sion Lorray | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Varen Ardos Varen Ardos | Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo | Nida Perl Nida Perl (but only ur lightsaber my b)

With all the padawans stowed away, and Iris beginning the healing process in earnest, it was time to head out, “Nida?” Amani repeated, then frowned. If she was in trouble they’d have to hurry. “Nobody’s ‘taking point’ on anything,” She blurted defensively in response to Jasper’s suggestion, “...I’ll handle it. We’re not losing anyone else.”

With that she kicked the speeder into high gear, or, as high gear as it could get. And off they went through the tunnels.

By the time they arrived at where Nida’s presence had been, the zeltron seemingly vanished. The speeder slowed to a stop, and Amani got off to do a quick search, “Nida?!” Her Force signature seemed to have faded almost entirely. A bad sign. Even worse, “Ni-” A metal clink hit her boot, interrupting the callout. She bent down to pick up the hilt of a lightsaber. Nida’s lightsaber.

“Dammit.” They had only just gotten Nida back, too. The only silver lining here was that the lack of a body nearby seemed to indicate that she had been taken, rather than killed. Not that it put Amani at ease in any way. Before she could mull over it any further, a new presence entered her mind. One she did not recognize, but the plea for aid was quite clear.

We got wounded here, whoever you are.

Amani looked to Iris to see if she had sensed it as well, before nodding, “Nida’s not here. We have to keep moving. There are others who need our help.” She swallowed her concerns to put on a brave face, and keep control of the situation. But the pit in her stomach only seemed to deepen.

Following the source of distress, they once again halted in front of a small group of injured. Amani had no proper introductions with any of them until now, but they for sure weren’t Imperials. “Hey- We’re the help. Got a healer in the back, plus a few injured.” She looked to the new arrivals with a frown, “Seems you do, too. Hurry in. I’m taking everyone back to my ship. There’s a high-end medbay on board.”

Sylus almost saw the technique coming, but this time he flat out missed the counter. He reared back, but Aleksandr's leg hooked his. He grunted, his reflexes and body straining to counter the Jedi's technique. He tilted forward, and kicked the hooked leg sideways, trying to gain control of the leg lock; this was only partially successful, and he fell forward instead. He let loose with a wide swing as he rolled past Aleksandr, hoping to get one more good strike in.

Sylus returned to his feet several metres away from Aleksandr, spotting Kai's unconscious body but also the retreat of his troopers towards him. Time seemed to slow as he weighed his options; it was unlikely they would successfully neutralise all three Jedi. A shame, but Sylus knew he had to maintain focus on objective and attempt permanent neutralisation.

He drew his carbine and fired.
The technique worked. Maybe not how he'd intended it to, but the art of wrestling was half-skill and half-improvisation anyway. What he hadn't expected was for Sylus to roll into him, letting a blow loose as he did so. It struck him and sent him stumbling back. Even mid-combat roll this Imperial was something else.

Aleksandr was gassed out for a moment, but there was no opportunity to collect his bearings. The soldier had his blaster out again. He couldn't draw his lightsaber from his pockets, there simply wasn't time. All he had was his own abilities. All he had was his two hands and his connection to the Force. He couldn't clear his mind, not while there was so much to think and so much to do. He just had to act.

He flung his hands up before him and let the Force do the rest. He had to disarm Sylus with this gust of kinetic energy. If he didn't someone was going to die. Himself, or Kai, or Cale. None of them were an option.

ilumobj2logo.png

Objective: Disrupt the mining operations
Tags: Lily Stevens / Kara Jade Kara Jade / Leto Karazyn
div1.png
Silas aggressively slammed his lightsaber into the soldier with no regard, slowly but surely pushing back into the wall. Pulling back his saber against he struck downwards at Lily's injured shoulder with a loud yell. The blow was enough to knock her arm out of action, and with that, he didn't stop. Silas suddenly lifted the saber above his head and tried to slash it down again with no mercy, this time she was ready for him. Before he could even see it coming, her helmet collides with his temple, snapping it backward as she kicks him in the chest.

The padawan stumbled back into the wall and lifted a hand to his face. Upon bringing it back down he noticed it was covered in blood, flowing from a cut that had opened above his eyebrow. Not only that, but his vision was blurry and unsteady "N-not before I kill you first..." he growled out, staggering forwards to to begin heading straight for Lily once more.

Within moments, a black blur moved at him with immense speed. Silas's eyes widened slightly when he saw the fist appear at his side, a place where it was too late to dodge. The man wasn't holding back at all when it collided with his cheek, and that was only proven when his body went limp. Silas's vision went black as he fell to the floor motionless, blood streaming down his idle face and dripping to the floor. After a few seconds, his arm began to move before his head followed suit. Whatever hit him had knocked him out for a few moments, as well as knocked him senseless.

For the first time, Silas was in deep water.

He groaned out heavily and struggled to get on his hands and knees. When he had fallen to the floor, his lightsaber had rolled out of his hands. Although, due to his vision spinning vision he didn't know where it was. Silas looked up to the figure standing above and bravely tried to lift his hand and force push him away, trying to create some space and recover from the surprise attack.

Be careful what you wish for.
nyfn6WP.png

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney

{"You'll pay for that, Jedi scum."}

This actually made Caltin laugh viscerally.

If I had a credit for every time I heard that.

“Those damned reinforcements” showed up fairly quickly and started to set up a blockade when the big man went for speed as he attacked those Stormtroopers from different angles. The duro was shooting at him as well, and actually scored two hits. The first one hit Vanagor in the abdomen, the other one hit him square in the head. Tutaminis can be a great thing, but a headshot was a headshot. The blaster bolt impact sent him somersaulting and rolling into a wall down the open corridor, he was getting up and would survive, but that shot rang his bell, big time.

Good shot… you won’t get another one.

Interesting choice of words as the ship suddenly shook and threw anything not bolted down to the floor onto it. As alarms went off all over the place, it meant one thing. They needed to get out of there. The concern was confirmed with the loudspeakers warning of an imminent exit to hyperspace.

We gotta move!

He didn’t care who heard it. The statement was loud enough for his colleagues to hear. Reaching out though, he had one person who showed what they could do and needed to be reminded of what a Jedi could do.

Get over here!

Okay that came out weird.

Pulling Varn into his hand (*This was done with full permission from the Duro himself) Caltin went for an uppercut before he would throw this Mercenary further away from the Hangar. Judah was having issues, Caedyn was hurt, it looked like by hook or by crook their mission objective was completed. They just needed to get off of here.

TAGS:
FRIENDS: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Caedyn Arenais | Domina Prime Domina Prime | Galactic Alliance and Allies
ALLIES ON RECKONING: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad | Jos Krayt Jos Krayt
FOES: Koda Fett | Varm Nul | The Galactic Empire.

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

ilumobj2logo.png

Objective: Run - Don't Panic - Survive
Equipment: Climbing Picks, Knife, and whatever else makes sense for Ilum survival gear
Engaging: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard (GA) - Lily Stevens | Leto Karazyn (Empire)

div1.png

It began as a slight rumble, then a noticeable quake not unlike the ones the Padawans had experienced earlier that day. The ground around the collapsed entrance began to shake, then the rocks themselves began to rumble. A moment passed when the floor beneath cracked open and the rocks suddenly seemed to be suspended in the air.

Only to immediately shatter into pieces a second later. Pieces both small and medium were sent out into the open area, like a scatter gun blast towards the Padawan and the two Imperials.

Hopefully Silas had ducked.

Down in the depths of the hole she had fallen into, Kara looked up to see light once more. With a determined glint in her eyes, she grabbed her climbing picks and crouched down. Running on instinct and adrenaline, Kara drew the Force to her, down towards her feet and then leaped up as high as she could.

The blonde Padawan swung, managing to hook one of the picks into the wall.

Left, right. Left, right.

Kara began to climb, stretching her arms as high as she could each time. It took a minute or two, but she eventually reached the top. Hauling herself up back onto the surface with one last upheaval of strength. She remained where she was, kneeling and trying to catch her breath. But Kara knew she couldn’t pause, not for a moment longer. She looked up to see the carnage she had wrought.

Silas was down, whether by the rocks or something else, she did not know. But he was clearly injured, and that was more important.

Kara picked herself up, climbing picks still in hand. She looked battered and bloodied, hair caked in dirt and blood. The latter of which had streaked down one side of her face. Adrenaline and the Force were trying to combat how tired and exhausted Kara felt. But she was also pissed off, very very pissed off.

The blonde Jedi stalked forwards, her intention to reach Silas. But she also wasn’t opposed to smashing in some Imperial heads if they tried to stop her.

ilumobj3logo2.png

Onboard the NIV Reckoning

Objective: Escape the Reckoning!
Opposition: Empire l Closed
Allies: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Domina Prime Domina Prime Caedyn Arenais Judah Lesan Judah Lesan
Enemies: Varm Nul Varm Nul Koda Fett Koda Fett

Minerva rolled out of the way from hostile fire before returning it in two bursts. The stormtrooper took most of the bolts until he was hit both in the left armpit then neck area. Her magazine spent the warrior pulling it out for a new one.

My last rounds for the rifle. I can still fight with other means if worse comes to worse.

Yet she didn't intend for that while scanning for a transport to get them out of here. Through the extreme heat from the raging fires and broken cables sparking made it difficult to see through the sensors. However, within moments she saw a shuttle docked on the side and somehow remained intact. Seizing on the good fortune Minerva sprinted over there with all of the speed she had left even as the pain in her body spiked again.

Within a minute the young Mandalorian reached the shuttle. While normally preferring vessels with more weaponry but given the circumstances this one was a sight for sore eyes. While her comrades and their allies fought off another wave of Imperial reinforcements she looked and found the button to open the ship.

With a hiss the ramp opened up like a jaw and Minerva sprang up on it as soon as she could. Running up the armored lady didn't stop until she entered the cockpit. Eyes searching the console at the pilot seat Minerva fortunately figured it out. Pressing a set of a few buttons and with the flick of a switch the shuttle came to life with mechanical whine and lifted off the floor slightly.

Not having time to celebrate she strapped in and called in the comms to her warriors she declared.

"I got us a ride out. Get onboard quick vod!"

Saying nothing else she pressed the flight controls forward and the shuttle moved at a slow pace with the engines blaring. Minerva took the vessel through the hanger, navigating past various forms of wreckage. Soon enough Mandalorians joined surviving Alliance commandos headed for the shuttle including Dima. Some provided covering fire while others helped each the wounded until they all hopped onboard in ones and pairs and trios.

Footsteps stomping behind her she felt a pat on the shoulder commander remarked.

"Good job warrior. Now let's pick up those psycho monks over there."

He pointed through the ship's lights where the injured guardians were. Complying Minerva edged the shuttle closer to them. As they did, several a few Mandalorians appeared and escorted the Jedi trio(with one heavier than most) onto the ship.
In the back an Alliance specialist yelled.

"That's everyone! Get us out of here now!"

Needing no further encouragement Minerva closed up the ramp and maneuvered the shuttle around to face the launch bay. Moments later the small transport's thrusters ignited in roar and the ship flew off out of the hangar. Spotting Imperial warships closing Minerva made a sudden dive until they were out of the way and she steadied the speed. As for the commander, he was seated in the co-pilot seat and he pointed toward Ilum's surface.

"Head for that snowball, we should be able to link up with Alliance forces planetside."

"Copy that boss." Minerva answered suppressing a sigh. Their team had not taken out the weapon but they fought well and escaped with their allies.

That has to count for something.

Burying that thought Minerva maintained course for Ilum and within minutes they broke into the atmosphere.

(OOC: Exit)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom