Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship TIE/DF Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
sienar_design_systems_tie_bh_tie_banshee_by_shoguneagle_ddqffo0-fullview.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS

STRENGTHS
  • No! Not The [TIE Drones]!: Cheaply and simply made, the TIE Drone is mean't to swarm and overwhelm the enemy with neckbreaking speed and maneuverability, attacking in squadrons twenty droids deep to clog the stars and close the distance with the opposing fleet, demanding the attention of opposing fire whilst heavier craft can deal the damage.

WEAKNESSES
  • Quantity Has A Quality All Its Own: -Taking advantage of superior numbers, each TIE Droid is made cheaply and simply , having to be aboard carrier ships without the ability to be transported via independant hyperdrives whilst also relying solely on their reinforced hull plating to deflect blaster bolts, carrying no shield generator.
  • Sensor Scheming: When the TIE/DF traverses at its full potential speed it more often than not completely offsets the effects of the nightshadow coating over the fuselage of the starship - making it an effectively useless feature a great deal of the time the Drone is in combat.
DESCRIPTION
Created as one of the mainline TIE series fighter craft developed by the Technoid Manufactorum to serve as a lighter space superiority fighter to swarm and overwhelming the opposing space-power, supported by heavier fighters and other ships to be properly effective though with its incredible speed and maneuverability potential it can do well to avoid oncoming blaster bolts.

4/12/20
Edited standard and advanced systems
Edited formatting
Added 'New Imperial Order' to affilitation
New title 'TIE/DF Drone'
Added 'Jager Solutions' and 'ApexTech' to permissions
Ratings balanced to new calculator

Last edited:
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

I'm going to be working with you through the review/approval process on this submission. Right now this sub is quite overpowered - 4 points so - and as it stands, I can not approve this as is. If you find a way to bring this sub down 4 points I can see about approving this for you. I leave it up to you to tinker with the ratings how you will, but my breakdown of what I'm seeing balance wise is below:

Production: +1
Defense: +1
Armament: 0
Sq Count: -2
Maneuverability: -2
Speed: -2

Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Hey there, quickly can you mention in a weakness that due to Nightshadow and your other Semi-stealth capable utilities would be nullified or greatly reduced in effectiveness when moving at faster speeds?

Due to using Semi-Stealth tech, one of the major weaknesses that is listed in pretty much everything provided is that when moving faster, it greatly reduces the effectiveness in using those technologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom