Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Gates of Dawn | GA Invasion of BOTM held Shihon and Oyokal

pooH5we.png

Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina
The only reason Mercy knew what was coming was because of Ishida.

She gasped.

This was enough for her heightened physical senses to turn towards the sound. From around her a... freakish thing leaped at Mercy. And if Mercy tagged something as 'freakish' then you could trust it was just that. Way too many legs, jaws set to crush stone, tendrils. It was a whole mess of things and frankly had no place in reality.

So of course Mercy caught it in her meaty hands and began tearing it into half. Screaming in rage as its tendrils dug canyons into her musclar arms but headless of the damage done to her body.

Until she snapped her teeth into one of the tendrils and bit it off. Chewing feverishly and panting once the creature was separated in half. Both hands were holding one part of the bugesque thing. There Mercy stood, breathing heavily, looking down at Ishida with black blood caked around her lips from where she ate a meat chunk of the creature.

"We work together, or we die." She growled there and was so infuriatingly annoyed by that.

She had wanted to tear Ishida in half. Instead... her new-found responsibility told her she couldn't handle all of them herself. Only one had been a lot even if she wasn't showing it.

"Once we are back upstairs we go back to killing each other. Deal?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

Arage smiled quietly as Corrend and then Tagge voted. With the assistance of her senators they managed to pull this one over the finish line. Her gaze shifted towards Senator Laborr who seemed capable of basic arithmetic. Basic arithmetic and possessing the desire not to be on the wrong side of this debate.

Slimy, spineless and utterly corporate, but possibly useful in the long run if they could find the appropriate pressure points.

Caulder was a different story. The way he voted, no interest in debate, fully believing in his righteousness. You didn't vote the same way twice in a row if you weren't trying to make a point. In return Arage made a small note to look into the esteemed Dune's business dealings with the Commerce Guild. While Laborr could be useful, the Commerce Guild was an irritant best to be fixed imminently if possible.

While Arage was satisfied to enjoy the win someone did manage to kill her quiet smile.

That honor went to Terassi who decided to continue the debate with her.

"I know you and your ilk, Terassi." Arage responded in a calm tone. "You'd prefer if our institutions were covered in red tape. And that red tape to be covered in more red tape. Until everything freezes to a halt and nothing gets done, because... that is where a corporatist gains their highest profit margins. I know this because I squashed your kind on my own homeworld before the corporations could completely devour Humbarine."

A gentle shrug there.

"The Corporatists were flying high under Tithe and you were happy to grab at every morsel the Alliance had to offer. But he's Chancellor no longer and soon the current Chancellor will have a more experienced right hand."

Now the smile was back again.

"None of you cared about procedure and regulations when the Vice Chancellorship was empty for months. Now, suddenly, you do." She put away the datapad and glanced around for a brief moment. "Well, the committee will come, regardless of the sudden outpour of worry that was so lacking all these previous months. An experienced Vice Chancellor will be seated. Because, my dear colleague..." She pursed her lips in amusement as she recalled the line of a famous play that had been playing on Coruscant a few months back. "...you don't have the votes."

And we do.

FG60c5.png

The ghost of a smirk settled onto Annasari's face as Bao delivered a thorough dressing down to the opposition. Every point had been driven and undeniably correct. Perhaps there was an ally to be found in the self-made queen. The senator of Jakku avoided the more militaristic types, preferring manipulation to blunt force, but it did have it place.

Following up on the heels of the snark, Senator Vahl rose, clearing her throat to bring attention. A mental note was made for Tarish Galland's prolonged absence. She would need to track him down.

"A victory for more than it's supporters, even if some cannot see the vision yet. History will remember the promise of prosperity blossomed in this room."

The closing of a session was reserved for the Chancellor or their Vice in the Senate Chambers, though it was well within her rights to take it up in their absence as a Committee Chair. Nevertheless, there would be those who labelled the move symbolic; she couldn't bring herself to fear the bark of the meek today.

"By the powers vested in me by the Federal Assembly and the peoples of Jakku, I do so adjourn this meeting. The Motion to Establish the Special Committee on Succession and Vice Chancellery will pass under emergency measures. I will send word to the Committee on Rules immediately to put establishment in motion."

Some would salivate over the clout to be gained. Good.

"May fortune favor the bold, Senators."

selvaris1.png

G A T E S_O F_D A W N
Objective I : As Above, So Below

FINAL DAWN
SELVARIS, WILD SPACE

BATTLEGROUP SOLIPSIS

As the battle progressed, the Purifier suffered more damage to it's internal structure as the enemy fighter within it's hull began launching proton torpedoes from within the ship causing a series of massive explosions that tore apart portions of the hull, further weakening the structural integrity of Hamilton's Flagship. Now the true extent of the damage dealt was visible from the exterior of the Final Dawn Battlecruiser including it's own bridge as large amount of hull "breaches" were now exposed throughout the affected portions of the Battlecruisers with any further damage done to those breaches being enough to cause further damage to the Warships hull.

Onboard the bridge of the Purifier, Hamilton was speechless as he watched the events unfold. While his fleet was still in a powerful position, his ship had suffered extensive damage and if the enemy was lucky enough a concentrated attack would be enough to overwhelm it's shields. "Status report" Hamilton said while trying to compose himself, clearly shaken by these sudden events. "We have suffered extensive damage to our hull and our remaining shield integrity has decreased by 25%. We seem to also be experiencing issues with one of our engines." a Chief Engineering Officer. Fortunately, for the Purifier, it was positioned at the rear of the v formation and as such the only real threat it faced was that from the remaining enemy starfighters. But then again, the Alliance was known for their defiance and bravery, and Hamilton was certain that they might resort to further unconventional tactics.

As the Admiral contemplated his next move however, the Chief Sensor Officer of the Purifier noticed something on one of the Sensor officer's consoles, two of the MC85s were moving out of formation and seemed to be readjusting their position to face the leading warships of the Final Dawn's V Formation. Shortly afterwards, the Captain of the Purifier would proceed to point his finger at the bridge's windows focusing on the very Mc85s. "Sir?" he began, trying to catch the attention of the Admiral. "Yes, Captain?" Hamilton responded. The Admiral proceeded to turn around and upon taking a single look at the battlefield Infront of him, he immediately knew what's happening. "All ships, fire on those Cruisers!" he shouted. But it was too little too late.

Soon enough before the targeted Supremacy Star Destroyers could carry out any sort of evasive maneuvers, the MC85 Cruisers collided with them with all four ships ending up getting engulfed in a massive explosion as all hands were lost and debris were flown across all directions impacting neighboring Star Destroyers. Once more Hamilton was taken aback by this sudden move as he never thought the Alliance would be willing to sacrifice their own ships in order to deal any sort of damage to their enemies. However on the light side of things, the enemy fleet began to withdraw from the battle turning around in an attempt to retreat from Selvaris. "It would seem that they are attempting to retreat" the Captain said upon taking notice of the latter developments.

"Indeed, and by sacrificing two of their strongest ships, their remaining forces are now vulnerable to any counter-attack. I think it's time we made them pay for their transgressions against the Final Dawn" Hamilton proclaimed. "Sir, all ships are reporting that their special weaponry are fully charged and ready to fire" the Senior Weapons Officer reported. "Right on time" Hamilton said with a malicious smirk. "Have the Goliath activate it's Gravity Well Projectors and contact the Tactical Reserves, i want them to reinforce us so that we can finish this battle once and for all." he ordered. Soon enough, a transmission was sent to two other smaller fleets that had been waiting on stand-by elsewhere in the Selvaris System throughout the battle just as the FDS Goliath activated it's Gravity Wells preventing any jump into hyperspace on the part of the retreating Alliance Forces. However even with the imminent arrival of additional forces and the activation of gravity wells, Hamilton had no intention of ending this battle just yet. He sought the absolute destruction of the Alliance Task Force that had dared to show up at Selvaris.

Thus the Admiral issued a nother set of orders ready to put an end to the retreating Alliance Forces. "All ships, target their flagship's rear engines with all Special Weaponry" the Admiral ordered. Within seconds, the remaining ships of Hamilton's fleet began re-orienting themselves moving their primary special weapons into firing range of the ANS Vober Dand. Once they had a lock on their target they fired yet another deadly volley upon the MC85, bombarding it's rear section with rounds fired from Autocanons, Hypervelocity Canons and Plasma Canons with that single volley from the special weapons being followed by a heavy bombardment by the ships still in range of the MC85 which maintained their formation as they did so.

If Hamilton was lucky enough such an attack would be enough to cripple the warship leaving it vulnerable to his fleet along with his incoming reinforcements. The tides were now in his favor, and Hamilton would take full advantage of this new situation as to ensure the utter annihilation of his foe as a means of bringing Glory to the Final Dawn.

Tags [Galactic Alliance] | Don Don Dono | Jack Versio Jack Versio | Dayjer Haspar Dayjer Haspar

UA2xbWc.jpg

Witness the Rebirth of Destruction!
As the End Draws near!

Theme: Time is Never Ending

The heart pumps once and then moments later once more slowly beat after beat. Fingers twitch in the earth that they are buried as the cursed blood begins to flow through the veins. Nerves begin to flicker to life searing with a burning sensation. Warmth slowly returns to the body that had been cold and empty. Reformed and born anew for what seemed like the millionth time perhaps it was lost to time the total count. So long as there was strife, chaos, destruction, and war her blood could never truly stay dead. A curse from her grandfather and fathers' sins. Death was peaceful having to return was always the hard part. The Pain of death lasted but a few moments the pain of living lasted forever.

She could feel it in her eternally corrupted soul that the dream of the peace the end of everything would bring would not happen. The Dark spoke in her mind telling her to wake up her time was not done, she had to wonder if it would ever end. The Maw was a vision, a way to bring peace to the universe by burning it to the ground. They had killed the old guard or so they thought but the dark reveled they had returned. Around in circles the Galaxy spun once more the cycle of life and death for her never ending.

The past was going to be the future once more, and the future envisioned was now crashing and burning. Her soul bound to Rhand forever the world from which the Maw was first birthed. The world she had come one with. Her voice called out all across the it's surface to those that remained on the world. She called them to gather for it was time for them to witness both he rebirth of something old and the death of something new. The fight and returned to entropy once more slipping from their fingers. Tegan would not find peace she so much desired because the Universe could not find peace and order. It had come close so many times in her many life times every time slipping away. In each life she lived she always found her way back weather it be her bloodlines curse, wicked magick, or pure luck of cheating death at it's own game.

Once more we The Call of War Came.
Once more the Galaxy mourned
Shedding its starry tears
Much like the Cursed Witch it just Begged to DIE.

Across Rhand the call went out and thousands gathered in the old dusty plains of Rhand where the call came from. The priest and Mages fell to there knees first and followed by the warriors. For awhile now they had been lost with out guidance as they saw the Maw slowly being chipped away. The Sith had rotted them from the core there vision started this and it was their vision that would kill what could have brought Tegan her paradise. The Sith were rot that spread and infected. The Jedi fools who could never do what it would take. The Alliance, Rebellion, or republic what ever they wanted to call themselves just as corrupted and infect as those they called enemies. The Empire at its core rotted by that which made it the Sith. The old Guard that just wouldn't let go and the new the squashed every time they tried to rise up.

As the sun fell and the moons began to rise those that had gathered remained vigilant praying and chanting to the dark they worshiped for guidance. They needed a path forward they had visions of the future that was Sorcerers main power. All road seemed to lead to ruin once more and having to begin their plans all over again the tik tok the clock the flow seemed be never ending. The fight for annihilation of everything the return to the emptiness true peace seemed so distant. The called out to the dark asking for a path forward and asked why they were called here to this empty place.

War is never ending.
The people know nothing other then struggle and strife.
You never have peace if you never understand what it is.
You can never have peace if you have never seen peace.
These worlds only know War of the Stars and that is all they will ever know.

As they prayed and chanted the ground in the center of the circle of the thousands who had gathered began to move. At first it was barely noticeable just a small bump of dirt pushing up. Then a hand pierced through the soil. It clawed at the ground those as those in the circle watched confused not sure what they should do. The hand became an arm and then a second hand pierced through the ground clawing its way up as well. Then a head began to breach the soul a mop of dirt and sweat matting the raven black locks. Shoulders could now be sited tattered with a with a cloth stained with dirt draping over them. Then aloud deep breath could be heard as Tegan took her first breath of air in what seemed like a year or more. If only her slumber could have been longer. As the arms pulled the rest of the body from the ground it was in torn, dirty, and mixed with sweat white dressings.

The figure stood up as it's body was free in the center of the gathered circle. Between the long black matted and wild raven locks eyes opened and that sulfuric orange burning glow of the tainted souls eyes began to fire to life. Those gathered looked on as Tegan was born once more, her family curse flowing through her veins. So long as War never ended neither did Tegan. She called herself the God of Destruction and some might believe that now in truth she was just a cursed soul from her birth. Her madness was from time and experience, death and rebirth her endless torment because there could never be peace that would give her the slumber she so deserved.

"I was born in my mother's blood. I was marked and put in chains. I have died thousands of times forever to be reborn. Still I rose over and over again to fight like my father before and my Grandfather. I have stared death in the eyes and spat in his face." She howled out at those gathered the pure white of her teeth twisting into a wicked grin. "Call me a God, call me a psycho, or whatever you feel it matters not. Praise or defy me, you do not matter I will see you and you're the Empires crumble to ash and others rise in your place to play the same stupid game. Never learning and never understanding, same mistakes unending."

Those gather thought on her words not fully understanding because they never would. She had played this same game for so long now. Seen so many pawns dying for something that cared nothing about them.

"I was the Maw before the Maw. I am War, Death, and Rebirth as they scream in exhalation as you now see before you." Tegan started to move her legs stiff as she began to move the edge of the circle and began moving around it's edge not looking down at those who knelt there just passing by them. Her orange sulfuric eyes between locks of raven locks peered at her army. "Like all the Empires before, this one to will fall. We must go to Exegol be prepared for WAR! Prepare to DIE! The END has come! I will see it all BURN! Your Blood mixed in its ashes a fitting Sacrifice for the Dark. Let this be your Entropy. The destruction of Exegol and the Throne of the sith must be ANNIHILATED!" Tegan then began to move through the crowd of those gathered and they parted giving her space. "Now Go there meet the forces that will come, everyone is the enemy Jedi, Maw, and what ever else comes. Destroy the throne and let the world burn. When it's done the Dark will embrace you and I will leave this reality to search for one where I can find my peace. We are Destruction the heralds of the end of everything."

With a wave of Tegan's purple magick swirled from finger tips and portal opened and she stepped through. Her bare feet landing on the black sand of the surface of Exegol. The portal closed behind and those in the crowd now saw what was to come the dark imparting the final vision upon them. They rose up and began to prepare for the war to come. The one where they would burn the jewel of the Maw to the ground.

Rriss'aboumo'vrumi

R

selvaris1.png

678th Frontier "Lanever Villecham" Task Force
Battlegroup Kenobi
div1.png

The Alliance Maneuver had been partially successful as the ANS Montorr and ANS Ibdun Dand rammed into the Supremacy Star Destroyers leading the Final Dawn V Formation. As the explosion sent debris flowing across the battlefield in all directions. The sense of doubt and fear had certainly crossed his mind, questioning internally what could have been done differently to save the lives of the crewmen on both of those vessels. But his pondering would have to wait until the fleet could withdraw from Selvaris.

The ANS Locket had been the first to try and enter into hyperspace but thrown back out. At first, Commander Dono was caught completely by surprise then realized that the enemy had deployed a gravity well generator which meant that the Task Force would not be able to withdraw before being completely overwhelmed by the superior firepower of the Final Dawn Forces here. Another arc of firepower from their star destroyers slammed into the shields of the ANS Vober Dand, rocking the entire vessel.

"Status report!" Dono said turning around in his chair as another bolt struck. "Sir, shields are holding but they will not be able to survive another volley of such magnitude." The technical officer replied in a concerned tone of voice as the tactical screen displayed their current situation to the entire command staff on board. Bringing his hand to his beard in thought before a strange idea occurred within his head. Since the enemy had a gravity well generator it might also work into this plan. It was considerably risky and would no doubt prompt his officers underneath his command to question his sanity and ability to lead. But there was only one option moving forward.

"Bring up the technical data from Two Scythe Class Main Battle Cruisers within our fleet. I have a risky plan involving their gravity well generator. Should it be successful we should be able to withdraw before enemy reinforcements arrive in bulk." Dono said judging the reactions within the room, a room of fear, surprise and certainly doubt. But they all understood deep down that they would die if they did not attempt to withdraw completely. After a confirmation of head nodding and grimaces they seemed to still follow him.

The technical data was given to him through his private switchboard. Overlooking the data quickly in as the alliance starfighter wings clashed in a desperate battle with the superior numbers of the Final Dawn TIE Variants screaming across the battlefield. They needed to disable the gravity well in order to leave and the FDS Goliath was identified by tracking the projection and overall strength of the generator.

"Attention, ANS Mollo, ANS Greylock. Activate Plan Delta Kuzro." Commander Dono said into his communication headset towards the bridge of those vessels. Once receiving a confirmation back from the individual captains and officials on their own bridges would the plan be set into motion. As well as double checking the exact position of the FDS Goliath within the Final Dawn's Formation.

The overall plan was simple but risky, the ANS Mollo and the ANS Farlock would input the Selvaris System into their navi computers along with the coordinates they were previously at. But instead of putting their own coordinates into the computer they put those of the FDS Goliath. Proceeding to enter hyperspace in an apparent attempt to escape the battlefield. The Gravity Well Generators prevented such action pulling them screaming back out from hyperspace. But as they were overall meant to stop escapes from leaving the system, they would not stop a vessel returning to the same system but at a different point of origin.

Thus the ANS Mollo and the ANS Farlock returned from hyperspace exactly next to the FDS Goliath. The Immense Strength of Gravity Well Projector pulling them closer and closer toward the vessel much like it does debris. "Ram them, Full Speed!" Commander Dono said as both vessels ignited their ion engines and moved straight ahead at a considerable pace.

If the maneuver was successful, the Gravity Well Generator would be down for the count and the task force could safely move into hyperspace before reinforcements arrived.

Kaine Hamilton Kaine Hamilton
Jack Versio Jack Versio
Dayjer Haspar Dayjer Haspar

Hehe| Valery Noble Valery Noble BB-610 BB-610
Not Hehe| Darth Mori

A lot happened at once, and Mori's evenly split focus between three opponents was a testament to her strength as a combatant.

Bee's grappling hooks found their mark, wrapping tightly around the Sith's legs. Instead of remaining firmly anchored in place, Cora watched in a mix of morbid curiosity and horror as Mori's flesh seemed to become sentient and liquefy around the cords. Valery had warned her of these strange abilities, but it was another thing entirely to see a limb rearrange itself like that.

It was incredible, but also disgusting.

As she closed in from the left, Cora could feel the Sith's bottomless hunger draw her in, tighter than the ropes that had attempted to anchor her in place. The cords became alive with the Force, deflecting the Padawan's lightsaber with a deft flick. Cora stumbled to the side and found her footing, hands gripped around the hilt of her blade tightly as she witnessed her Master literally pass through their opponent like a ghost.

Some part of her ego had hope that the Sith would choose to clash blades with her, but at least this angle allowed her to catch sight of Bee. An exhale of relief passed her lips at seeing the astromech unharmed, and she wondered if he'd be able to regain control—or retract—his grappling hooks, or if Mori's hold was too strong.

She charged again, this time at the broad trunk of a jungle tree that had yet to be destroyed. Feet planted firmly against the bark, Cora ricocheted into the air, careening up above and down towards Mori's back. Her blade swept down in a heavy arc that would aim to cleave the Sith from head to toe.

Jack and his astromech Ria and their craft made it out of the enemy ship just in time, as explosions filled the internal spaces and chased Jack's TIE out into space. They emerged into a roiling hellscape of fire and explosions, with both fleets now heavily engaged. Noting the fighter engagement some way off, Jack was overjoyed to see the enemy fighters had all been drawn away from the enemy fleet, his current position. Dodging errant turbolaser and point defense fire, he rolled his TIE, mercifully yet undamaged, through the lines of fire that chased him across space. There wasn't anything further he could do to help the GA win this battle, and so he made his course to return to the fleet. "Time to cut our losses and head home."

Risking the danger to himself, Jack repurposed all his fighter's energy reserves, draining weapons and shields, and dumping all the available power to his engines. The TIE Advanced X-1 fairly leapt across space, racing away from the Final Dawn's crippled flagship and defensive fire, and towards home. With any luck, the enemy fighters, well engaged with the GA's squadrons, wouldn't bother with a single fighter well away from the battlefield. Jack was calculating the risk of disarming himself and lowering his defenses against the speed of getting home that much faster. Speed, not protection, in this case, was safety.

He made his course away from the engagement at maximum speed, only able to watch as the capital ships poured fire into one another, with the Final Dawn's offensive firepower seeming particularly overwhelming. Jack wondered why the ships hadn't already begun to jump to lightspeed, and as if reading his mind, Ria called his attention to a display that showed a scan of local space. The Final Dawn were employing gravity well projectors. That was going to present a problem.

Jack prepared to re-engage, as to his mind there was no point landing if the fleet couldn't get away. Up till then he'd been thinking that his whole squadron was gone, and one fighter wasn't going to turn the tide of war. Now every fighter would be needed just to aid in the escape. Just as he was about to slow down, two friendly ships made a hyperspace jump and reappeared almost instantly among the enemy fleet. They could only be doing one thing. A ram. "Oh feck!" Jack exclaimed as he saw what was about to happen.

Amani took a single deep breath, and waited. The Sith launched forward for her opening attack, and she raised her staff to block in equal measure. A simple enough read, but they both knew the purpose of the strike wasn't to kill. Like a dance, the two duelists needed to learn one another's rhythm. But Amani remained frustratingly closed off. Her defenses were strong, and expended as little energy as possible. The Aruzan's ferocity was impressive, but she had faced worse before. Amani shifted, pushing the final thrust away before swinging the blunt end of her staff towards Nayeli's cheek. Her attitude came across more as if she were reprimanding an unruly child, than fighting for her life. A simple strategy to try and stoke the Sith's anger against them.

"A better Sith would be showing more, and speaking less."

But even with Amani's experience, keeping up a two-front defense was no simple matter. Nyaeli was persistent in her attempts to probe the Jedi's mind, and even in the heat of battle, she could feel her testing the boundaries for a point of access. Amani stepped back, keeping her saber forward to ward off a closer engagement; And by extension, use the opportunity to shore up her mental defenses.

ewfefe.png

"What was your intended destination if you don't mind my asking."

"Well we were going to the invasion of Shihon. But then we ended up here. What are the senators doing here anyway? It seems odd. Shouldn't they meet in the Senate chambers?"

Holly's spirits were feeling a little better. They didn't appear to be getting arrested. The guy quesitning them was kind of cute and they had probably stumbled onto a great story. It all seemed to be looking up. That is until Jimmy woke up babbling.

"Holly... where... where are we? Are we at HNN?:"

Her eyes went wide. She hadn't wanted to admit they were reporters.

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

ewfefe.png

GADividerRed.png
WEARING: Burial Raiment, Force Talisman
WIELDING: Artifice & Probity
TAGS: Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

The question she posed after answering his own drew his attention. His covered face turning towards her slowly. The inkling of recognition still there and irritating him that it was evading him.

"I'm not at liberty to speak about issues involving the Senate, the Senator's, or the reason for their meeting here." He informed her. Even with the slight static in his projected voice, the sharpness of his response could hardly be missed.

The man woke, speaking before Tarish could ask him how he was feeling.

His face moved between the two, a deep sigh settling as he tried to rub his face. The Mask making such a thing difficult as his gloved hand settled over where his eyes should be.

"Ah. Well." He clicked his tongue in thought before offering hand to the man to stand. "Let them escort you to the med-bay. Catch a flight back to the core, or the front. I'll be checking flight rosters to make sure you're out by the hour, Ms. Starstorm."

<Hotel four checking on medical eee-tee-aye, how copy?> The slight delay of reply met with a small chorus of feet outside.

"Oh. That would be your escort. Was... an experience meeting you both." He offered quietly, standing and moving to the door before half turning back to the duo. "And next time."

His tone humorous while holding a finger up to his mask as if sharing a secret.

"Don't get too close to a window. And maybe have a wig."

He opened the door, finding a trio of security with medical badges on them waiting to be let in. Clearing the way, he left and headed back downstairs.

<Hotel four leaving scene, on return to post. Two civilians with the medical team need a transport out on next available shuttle. Hotel four out.> His pace back to the meeting hastened when he realized how long he'd been gone.

The guard he'd had take his place opening the door with a quick confirmation as he slid back inside to find a strange tension riding the air.

Still thankful he could hide his face behind the mask as he recieved a look from Annasari Annasari .

SHIHON3.png

Her skin flushed at Frea's dismissal.

As the seconds ticked on, no update came from the Pathfinders, nor the Marines. The first wave she was supposed to insert hadn't arrived. Or, worse, they had, and the outpost was more manned than initial reconnaissance suggested.

"Okay, we'll take it on foot." Her chin pointed to the hilltop Frea had identified. "No teams have checked in yet, but the base isn't supposed to be heavily manned.

Let's hope that's the case."

Cordé was resigned to silence while Frea maneuvered the ship beyond eyesight or detection of the forward base. As soon as it was time, Cordé immediately snapped out of her crash couch and sought to re-establish her land legs. A little woozy from all the turning and spinning, the fresh air of Oyokal slammed into her for a quick spinning spell. With a slow inhale, it was over.

"Do you know how to shoot little guns, or just ones attached to starfighters?" Cordé asked, checking her own equipment before they took off as a lone pair to the unknown behind walls.

F O E S | THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE MAW | OPEN
F R I E N D S | GA | NJO | SIA | Frea Sheplin Frea Sheplin

OCF_roundel.svg

SHIHON3.png

revenent.png

B - W I N G _ D O W N

SHIHON
B-WING HEAVY STARFIGHTER

Galactic Alliance
Brotherhood of the Maw

Chaar silenced the last of the alarms blaring from his console. The mechanical climes were replaced with the sound of wind rushing over the crippled frame of the heavy starfighter as it dropped through the atmosphere of Shihon like a stone.

The Umbaran pilot gazed out the cockpit as the B-wing spiralled toward the planet below. The aerodynamics of the starfighter had cancelled out most of the spin. Still, without power to bring the ion drives or repulsorlifts back online, it was nothing more than a heap of durasteel playing a losing game against the forces of gravity. At least the end would be peaceful.

It seemed ironic that it should end like this.

Chaar has lost his first squadron, Viscount Squadron, during the bloody capture of Csilla from the Brotherhood of the Maw. The following months saw a new squadron - Revevant Squadron - formed from the survivors of other squadrons, a ragtag group of orphans and misfits Chaar had been reluctant to lead. And yet, despite all odds, they had gone on to become the Alliance's most elite starfighter unit, a formation that struck fear into the hearts of the enemy.

To die at Shihon, not in a blaze of glory but by a protracted death following a collision with another Alliance starfighter, was not how he thought this would end.

None of his awards and accolades, his stellar rise through the Starfighter Corps, or his strings of promotions could save Tren Chaar as he fell toward the ground below.

Ironically, what could have saved him was lightyears away, sent to lead the feint at Selvaris while Chaar claimed the glory at Shihon. They were too far away to help when he needed them the most. As must as he despised them at times, what he wouldn't give to see them one last time, to tell them he was proud of them and how much of an honour it had been to serve with them.

Chaar closed his eyes and thought of his fellow pilots of Revevant Squadron.

TpwTGCN.png

selvaris1.png

SELVARIS | YUUZAN VONG WARCAMP | TUNNELS
LEADER OF THE COMPANIONS | BEARER OF
THE RING OF JUDGEMENT
white.png

There had been no sense of life that touched within The Force. The only way Ishida could register the death of the creature that Mercy tore in two, was to see it with her own, wide, unblinking eyes.

A wave of discomfort rushed through her, pebbling her skin at the sheer gore and savagery of the exchange. And then the woman had the audacity to suggest they work together! As a pair to survive!

Ishida could run, and leave the mountain Sith — but there would be no honour in that.

Her lip curled back to argue, but the loudness of a growl stopped her from speaking. Another lunger. Ishida didn’t dodge this time, the saber in her hand whirled around to pierce through the carapace.

No success.

The wild thing crashed her down to the ground, jaws stretched, drooling and gnashing. She yelled, and rolled to her side, then back, each time teeth snapped shut too close to her face.

And then there was another, and another. Swarming and encircling and famished. Ishida, trapped under the one, could only see the vague outlines of others. Her entire focus was on surviving this current situation. A weak point, only one, seemed around the thorax. She adjusted to pierce it through.

This time, her blade found purchase, and buried itself in through the throat. She saw the glow of her blade through the jaws that stretched over and around her face, and she stabbed up to where she hoped the brain was. And she hoped the brain functioned the same as other sentients. If it was gone, so too were the signals.

She got lucky, and with a little left-right wiggling to ensure her searing as complete, the creature was limp on top of her, only held up by her sword pierced through its head.

“Fine.” Ishida spoke through the thinness of her tightly closed lips, afraid blood would spill in if she said any more.

Drenched in blood and fluids unknown, Ishida kicked away and backward from the corpse, keeping herself facing the legions of shadows that moved hungrily at them.

“This must be a vong nest.” Ishida deduced, and unsheathed her katana too. “The Force won’t work on them. But..” she looked up at the ceiling and walls. Last time she’d fought the vong, she’d shatterpointed through a cave.

That cave had not been made of vongforming, though. This seemed to be. “Destroy the nest with them in it? Open to ideas.”

Another lunged, and its brethren joined it in quick succession. It was like they were awakening and hunting in waves.

ALLIES | NEW JEDI ORDER | GALACTIC ALLIANCE |
FOES | BROTHERHOOD OF THE MAW | Mercy Mercy

SHIHON3.png

GENERAL RIDOR
222ND NOVA CORPS | 512TH LEGION | 312 ATTACK BATALLION
OYOKAL | ENEMY TERRITORY | EX SITH TORTURE CHAMBER VERY COOL THANK YOU LOVE THAT FOR US

fwfqf.png

For someone her size, the only speed that came easily to her was with her blade. Her wrist became loose, grip tense, and arced her blade in initial defence to the warning senses of that gun being used on her. It took her less than half a beat to realize the plasma shotgun was nontraditional, and something special-made.

She opted instead to follow Sion’s idea of using The Force. But she took his idea of a shield another step or two. The spray of burning shards halted centimetres from impact. Except for two escaped her force-sight, and zinged through her shoulder’s armour plating. Osarla grimaced and grunted but kept the shards suspended, quivering. They counted themselves, inventoried under her command.

OSARLA. I CAN'T BREATH. HELP.

Osarla flinched like someone had struck the back of her head.

WHAT was that? Was that what he'd been talking about? What had changed, felt different after Dantooine?

Her fingers flexed and the shards travelled back down the tunnel away back to Enyo, searing through and past the panicked chaos her Padawan had created in the tunnels. Past and through the uncovered flammable material.

In addition to the wild spray from the shotgun pellets, Osarla adjusted her grip on her saber, and hurled it in a trajectory toward the wildness of the loose pipe. It was worth the risk. She could sense it as it cut through the air toward the loose opportunity, not the enemy. The superheat of the blade would be enough to inspire sparks for the sensitive pipe.

If she could have become a protective cocoon, and wrap Sion up and lift him out of the tunnelled hallways to safety, she would have. Alas, all she could do was turn to the wild eyed youth with only a few precious moments and try to assess what was happening to him.

There was no immediate, visual, answer for his panic.

“Sion, steady!” The veins on his throat were thick, as though he were intent on suffocating himself with no assistance. Her brows furrowed, and she started to feel an itch along her skin when she reached out for him. A nightmarish sensation started to reach out to her, and Sion’s condition worsened exponentially in her mind’s eye. His terror-filled eyes wide, his cries hoarse and desperate, and his throat clawed open from his own hysteria.

Only the feeling of her blade still travelling kept her grounded. She was tethered to it, deeply connected, and in that she found solace and was able to perceive undulations between fear, anxiety and reality.

She reached out, grabbed hold of Sion’s shoulders and yanked him to her. With one hand, she held onto the collar of his shirt, careless about her roughness, and with the other she created a Force barrier up, up, and pushed it out like a gust of Force-born wind. The remaining pieces of the grenade clinked against the ground, shoved deeper into the wall, and the invisible substance that had unravelled her Padawan’s disposition, and nearly hers too, was pushed until it dissipated.

Her saber still had yet to return.

ALLIES | GA | NJO | Sion Lorray Sion Lorray | Teshi Ocano | Mrir'ik'amorn
FOES | THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE MAW | Enyo Typhos Enyo Typhos

Revenant Seven banked hard, chasing down a Mawite fighter. The two craft had broken off from the main course of battle, on a pursuit into the stars. Rapidly, the fleeing pilot was finding their shields cut away, while Leon focused more and more intently on his prey. One burst of fire, then another, roared forth from the craft’s cannons. A flash on the Mawite signalled a hit, then moments later another smashed into the fragile hull. Another shot, and the ship broke apart, dooming its pilot to a fiery death.

Slowing quickly, Leon began to turn back toward the fight, but hesitated. A gnawing feeling crept back to his mind, one which had lingered since departing for Selvaris. Something called to the Jedi, as though he was needed elsewhere. Focusing for a moment on the sensation, it seemed to come from one direction, from the far off main thrust at Shihon. Where the squadron’s commander flew alone. In heartbeat, the decision was made and the X-wing turned to make the Jump.

{“This is Seven, I’m going to Shihon to help the Commander. Follow me or stay here.”}

tbJgLFy.png

Coming out of hyperspace the pull of the Force only grew stronger. It was joined by the telltale cold of mass death. From this distance, the flashes of light that marked the doom of thousands seemed almost beautiful, alluring. Leon knew the feeling well, the rush of combat and of killing, and for a moment began rushing to join. Something still pulled at his mind however, and the Jedi steadied himself. He was here for a reason.

{“Revenant Lead, this is Seven. Come in Revenant Lead.”}

Silence. Maybe the squadron commander was too busy to respond, or annoyed at Leon’s arrival. But maybe something was wrong…

{“Revenant Lead, I repeat this is Seven. Are you there Lead?”}

Still no reply came. Even after another try as the Sabre-class rocketed towards the chaos of battle, there was nothing. Worry began to claw at the Pilot’s mind. Had the unthinkable happened? Had his commander been killed?

Damnit Chaar, answer me.

Closing his eyes and focusing, Leon reached out in the Force. Sifting through the tides of the dead and the screams of the living, the Jedi sought one sound, one soul. Dread crept into his thoughts, even as his hope surged. He’d felt it, the same tugging at his mind from before.

At the edge of the fighting, Revenant Seven suddenly dove. S-foils still locked, the craft rapidly entered the planet’s atmosphere. Alarms blared in the cockpit as the shields strained against the friction, but they held. The tugging was getting closer and closer and at last something appeared on sensors. It was far off still and falling fast, but it was there.

“Hold on Chaar, I’m coming,” the Jedi spoke into the force, more to reassure himself than anything. He couldn’t know for certain who was in that wreck, or if they were alive. But the Force guided Leon as he came in close.

{Revenant Lead, do you copy? This is Seven, I’m going to try and help.”}

There was still the problem of how to help. The idea to move his X-wing under the crippled bomber, but shooed it away as that would only doom both pilots. With no on-board grapple system, Leon only had one way to save his commander.

“Arsev, match our speed to Chaar’s!”

Ignoring his astromech’s chirp of confirmation, Leon focused on the falling B-wing. His hand trembled as Leon tried to slow it. Letting the force flow through him, he blocked out the rage of battle above and below. All that mattered was this ship, falling from the sky. It had reached terminal velocity, and weighed more than anything Leon had ever moved on his own. Still, he needed to try; he needed to do something. And try he did.

Last edited:
New_GA1.png

THE WARDEN
THE NEW JEDI ORDER | SELVARIS | PROSPERITY | MEDITATION SPHERE
div-goldiguess.png
41UbeWT.png

Navigators had the anchor of reality to hold on to, at least, when they crossed the stars into uncharted worlds. As a seer, traveling through the unforeseen, the only anchor one could have was the trust in self.

Between the dark jubilance, the river of red, and shadows reaching in every nook and cranny of his mind, Asmundr felt that woozy sensation of becoming unmoored. Then his anchor slipped away entirely, and he was a mist. Transported from one spot to another, and the harsh difference of the light was overwhelming.

But he knew this place.

He’d hoped it would be much longer until he saw it, but with Exegol so near, there was no more room for delay. These numbers would grow by one before the new dawn.

That's why he had to make sure Henna knew about this before the great battle, and was prepared for what had yet to come.

Perhaps you have not seen them in this life. Not in your conscious life. Asmundr said. He sounded pensive. His voice didn’t carry the same baritone here. It was softer, gentler.

A seer’s duty is made easier with many eyes. There was a somberness that settled within him. That which he left unsaid was heavily implied.

Your one mind must come to know them, and understand your connection to a purpose that transcends the timeline you think you know.

You must consider more deeply, and make yourself known to the past,
he gestured out to the glowing faces, who watched unblinking.

He touched his chest, present. His hand then settled on the metaphysical representation of Henna's shoulder. His smile was one of sadness and pride.

and future.

SEERS | Henna Ashina Henna Ashina
ALLIES | NJO | GA |
FOES | THE DARKSIDE | BOTM |

How much will you endure?

selvaris1.png
Attani Implant:
Link!
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Her fierce assault was met with a calm defensive strategy that left little to no openings to exploit. She knew that meant she'd have to force her way through somehow, but in doing so, she realized that she risked exposing or exhausting herself. Then there was the woman's unorthodox weapon, and Nyaeli understood she couldn't just give in to her rage, and fight her usual war. She had to play to her own strengths.

With that in mind, their clash continued, and both blocked, parried, or dodged each other's attacks. Until the blunt end of the pike suddenly came around, clipping her cheek and sending her back a step. Nyaeli glared back at the Jedi with contempt and watched as the woman took a step back.

It allowed her to use that pike to keep her enemy at bay.

Nyaeli then grinned, and dashed in again but right as she moved, the Aruzan tapped into the Force to create a Force illusion. The image she tried to project was one of Nyaeli herself but positioned just a split second behind where she actually was, hoping it would make the Jedi respond too late. Then, she lashed out with her blade at Amani's arms in an attempt to sever them, or weaken her ability to use the heavier pike.

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

Going on foot it was. Frea nodded and set the ship down and began a coolant dump to keep them off of any rogue orbital scanner. It would mean a more painful takeoff depending on how long they would be gone, but given the size of the elephant in the room it felt as likely that they could just go home in a bodybag — or in the case with the Maw, not at all.

"I was raised in a military family, nearly reached Sqaudron Leader in Vanguard Squadron, and have spent the last few months drifting from one couch to the next all over the many different levels of Coruscant." Frea said as she grabbed pieces from her locker and attached them to their designated holsters and pockets. "The Alliance puts a lot of emphasis on training its soldiers, and as a contractor for them you should know that."

As Frea had already figured out for herself since first meeting her partner for this trip, Cordé was mostly not to be trusted beyond the fact that she was most likely good for the money she offered. And given the sum of it there really was no way that Frea could have said no. And the biggest reason for Frea to trust her was in reality that, well, no-one in their right mind would ask someone to drop them off in a warzone. It took a special kind of stupid to agree to that.

Lucky for Cordé however, Frea was very special.

"So how about you?" She fired back. "As a medic they should have given you the rundown of how to use that thing. Whoever it was that trained you."

selvaris1.png

Objective I // Selvaris Wilds // No Quarter
Allies: Rhis Fisto || Enemies: OPEN
eyes on fire, your spines ablaze
GADividerWhite.png
With Rhis's guidance, the padawan managed a shaky breath, and then another, steadier. Trembling slowly subsided. They would not have the satisfaction of her dread; they were not worth her disgust. As a torso hit the ground, the mob swarmed, sensing danger. Xashe's blade painted a flurry. There were too many, too quick, putting a wall of flesh between the Jedi and the cultists.

Xashe fell back to back with her master. Their connection in the force guided their movements. Where he went right, she went left, always complimenting. Her footsteps went backward, urging them forward to the true targets.

"We can't let them get away," A snarl reminded Rhis.

One misstep opened the door for chaos. The cyan saber thrusted with the strength of rage, but the monster dodged, the weight of the blow not meeting anything. Xashe stumbled, only a step... but it was enough for the swarm to come between padawan and master. Snapping jaws widened the chasm. A scream rose as the mirialan could no longer keep up, and a claw raked her abdomen.

"Go!" A desperate yell insisted. "Focus on the necromancers."

Their duty to expunge darkness had to be put above all else... even each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom