Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Fel for It | GA Dominion of Xa Fel

Objective: Observe the mission - BYOO
Attire: Casual clothes

So, Kat had come to Xa Fel to see what Jedi Shadows operated like within the Galactic Alliance, she knew Allyson Locke Allyson Locke was a Shadow and often did undercover work but she never really knew how they worked in the field. She was chewing on a skewered piece of meat and sitting on a bench, just idly looking around as she listened into the Shadow's talk and tried to figure out how the operation was going. She had been interested in helping the Shadows with the mission, slavers were never good people and she hoped that ending the operation here would help a lot of people but when she realised it was a Shadow operation and that she had no skills in stealth beyond her natural ability to be quiet and out of sight, it seemed a little ridiculous for her to join in the mission and risk compromising it. So instead she sought out a way to listen in and see how Shadows work.

Currently, she was so thankful she had the foresight not to join, the technical jargon was something that was way over her head and Kat wasn't fully sure that she understood or could follow what was being said. There was a little concern she was out of her depth but it seemed that everyone on the mission was understanding and following along with what was being said. Seemed like there was nothing to really worry about then, at least, that was what Kat was thinking. Finishing her food, she licked her lips and stood up, stretching her muscles as she sighed, she moved some strands of hair from her eyes as she looked around the place. She wasn't entirely sure where she was but she knew roughly the direction she had come from her ship so she started in that direction.

Humming quietly to herself, song that had been playing in a few cantinas and decided now would be a good time to get stuck in Kat's head. She was wearing a thin jacket, while it was cold for Kat it wasn't too bad. She had gotten use to some really cold weathers over the years and didn't mind the chill too much. Her eyes lifted to the sky and wondered what the night sky looked like around here, perhaps she would be able to spot the star Eshan orbited. It seemed like there was a good chance for that tonight with clear skies, though she might miss the chance since she knew she was going to have to deal with the two guys poorly following her.

720cc0dcd2876f8e0e9d02865d2b8bf8.png

Objective II // Unwarranted Influence
Coruscant // Galactic City
Senate Chamber // Grand Convocation Chamber
Tags // Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

It had been only approximately 2 Years since the Senate had provided additional funding to the GADF , when Foerost was integrated into Galactic Alliance a while back. Now the Alliance had begun the process of integrating Xa Fel and quickly returned to the issue of Further Militarization. To Senator Vosh this was ridiculous , and nothing more but more Fear-Mongering from Chancellor Chandra to pressure the Senate to further Support the Militarization of the Alliance.

However this time the issue regarded establishing contracts with Private Corporations and Planetary Governments for Hyperdrive and Ship Manufacturing to further bolster the GADF and other Alliance Military Assets. While he was already fully opposed to such motion given that it would give certain Mega-Corporations and Conglomerates such as the REC and the Trade Federation more power and influence then smaller corporations like SularenCo and Orkins Industries.

Already , Senator Vosh's cousin , the Lord-Imperator of Byss had begun a daring takeover of the Xa Fel Defensive Ring in which had been occupied
via purchase by the N&Z Umbrella Corporation in which was a member of the Zweihander Union and by extension affiliated with the Eternal Empire. While this was a Controversial Move , SularenCo had a legitimate Claim over the Xa Fel Defensive Ring having been a previous Shareholder of the N&Z Umbrella Corporation before the Group became affiliated with the Zweihander Union.

In addition to that through Senate Bill 24325 , the Xa Fel Defensive Ring would no longer be protected under standard Galactic Alliance Law and would be subject of seizure by the Galactic Alliance and as the Lord-Imperator of a member-world of the Alliance , Sularen could legitimately seize the Shipyards due to it's affiliations. However Senator Vosh knew that larger Corporations such as the REC would contest this thus requiring the motion to establish contracts with Private Corporations and Planetary Governments to be repealed at all costs.

And that was why Senator Vosh was here , to ensure that this motion proposed to the Senate was fully repelled and avoided at all costs in order to prevent Corporations and Conglomerates like the REC and Trade Federation from gaining more influence. If Sularen was to succeed in his over-ambitious plan , getting rid of Corporatist Influence in the Senate was a top priority as Sularen himself had seen first hand what could happen if Large Corporations gained Too Much Influence , not to mention this was exactly how the Clone Wars had begun over 800 Years Ago.

It was about time someone opposed these Corrupt and Greedy Corporatists and Marlon Sularen would not show any mercy this time especially with what happened with the N&Z Umbrella Corporation and Zweihander Union. After 5 Years of Disgrace and false hopes of resurgence , Denzul would ensure that this would be THE Successful Resurgence of his cousin and make sure that opposition to Sularen's Over-Ambitious Plans in the Senate would be shot down swiftly and effectively. This time , Sularen would succeed and Xa Fel would only the beginning. The First Dominos had fallen.

Last edited:

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

D I A M O N D _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL
FOCUS | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

N5cG5gd.png
"You smoke, too? Man, you must really have a death wish. Your line of business...your vices...."
"I've never smoked,"

“It’s all I know what to do, Loske. All that there is, is the mission and sometimes a smoke is what I need.” All that he ever cared about was the mission. An endless battle with the names of fallen comrades for him to honor, and his personal vendetta to fulfill. One could say he was on a path of self destruction, but he was too blind to see that.

Cold as the dark.

“The moment I see you smoking out of your own leisure is when I know shit went south. Then again, you can’t drink so I think you’re good,” a small quip at the blonde bombshell since she could never hold in her liquor.

"There always is. You going to be mysterious about it right up until we shake hands, or let me in a little earlier this time?"

“You’ve been a good sport recently, so yeah. I’ll give you more to know. This guy, Abesh Kharst, we gotta capture him but everyone else can get eat some powder. Rules of engagement? None, not while I’m taking point.” Their operation, his rules. He was stern about that. “And things might be tricky when we engage. He’s got a good number of goons, and will probably be using citizens as meat shields. Probably, not entirely sure.”
He knew she would protest that. He was expecting it.

His personal lighter and a watch was then placed in the small compartment they both shared in the landspeeder.

“Don’t wanna lose these two things.”

dd6dfb23ce8b19e32e9e1b322b3fb605dbeb02be.png

FRANK AND BAIT MINISERIES ADVENTURE
//: XA FEL //: SHIPYARDS //:
OBJECTIVE: CONDUCT AUDIT OF XA FEL SHIPYARDS
//: Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt //:

7BUIiLq.png
Bait listened intently to his partner, their mission was somewhat critical, and Bait was ordered to be on his best behavior. Allyson had gone on a mission, and per usual, he was left behind like an anchor for the Corellian. The one thing that had a persistent connection to the woman and a way for the Alliance and Loske to find her if something happened. Hovering slightly behind the taller astromech, Bait used his large disc-like 'ears' to stabilize.

A few beeps announced Bait's agreement. This is why organics need us, Frank. The little droid's tone was slightly smug, but what else was expected from a droid that belonged to Allyson Locke. Did you get all the information that was needed? Bait quickly questioned a few beeps here and there, showing his communication with Frank. As he asked, Bait lowered himself, and a pair of short legs grew from the bottom of the sphere-like body. Bait waddled back and forth.

Seems we need to head to navigation - it's calibration duty for us. A hint of disappointment if that was possible to express through droid speak. My friend, did I ever tell you the tale of my time as a bounty hunter droid? Much excitement in my binary life.

The small droid began to hover again, waiting for his comrade, and its little arms extended, making short finger guns. Small recordings of blaster noises echoed from the bot, along with frustrated shouts in the recording of Allyson yelling at Bait to slice faster.

Taega Vrav'lan

T

OBJECTIVE: Objective II - Posture and Slam Byss, and get this bill passed I guess
MENTIONS: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen
When Balosar turned Federalist in their last Senatorial Election, Byss was doubling down into strengthening the Populist bloc of the Senate. The Byss Delegation was bound to be as stubborn as possible, even if the Federalists and probably the Corporatists could force the vote in their favor through partisan majority, this was more of an optics related issue and a formality. Plus if this wasn't going to go the rhetorical way, Byss was very much prone to engage in a military response if they at least weren't platformed. The benefits of this bill were too good to pass up, even though REC and the Trade Federation were to benefit one way or another in this session, strengthening the Galactic Alliance and its oversight was important to galactic security. And their social programs were second to none and have brought about prosperity to its member worlds. It made no sense for the Alliance to stop its momentum, they had to expand their governmental capabilities as fast as possible as its territory expanded.

Ready to make her case, Taega's pod soared to the center of the chamber, "The Delegation of Balosar seeks recognition." Taega cleared their throat before making their case. "I must admit, our successes as the seat of power in the core as the Galactic Alliance has been swift, daunting, and unparalleled. Maybe some can attribute that to our privileged galactic positioning but there's more nuance to it than that. It is through the competency of the beings of the Alliance from the seat of the Chancellor to the common sentient that the Galactic Alliance has become as successful as it is now. I admit as one of the Alliance's former skeptics that it would just be another rendition of the old Galactic Republic. A government ruled by a divided council of aristocrats serving their own interests without the needs of the people in mind. Recent time has proven that isn't the case. The Alliance's social programs have proven widely successful and prosperous to the development of our member worlds and our military has proven capable of securing our well-being and prosperity. Esteemed colleagues I implore that you all to consider what we have achieved in such a short amount of time and how it affects your reservations towards this bill. I yield my time Mr. Speaker."

As the Chamber erupted with a mix of approval and resentment, Taega's pod flew back to its place. They sat back down taking a swig of water that came from projecting their voice for 2 minutes. "How do you think this will play out?" Asked one of their representatives. "Everyone is just posturing, we have to play our cards right against Byss as best we can this session or else we're going to have a crisis on our hands."

Was Taega paranoid about Byss? Only slightly. They were stubborn not stupid, but Taega treated every session as if it were life or death.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

Several tables lined one corner of a four-way intersection just ahead of the pair. The sidewalk gave way to a lush courtyard, hosting another dozen tables within. Potted plants hung from tiny hooks nailed into a small overhang built around the enclosed space. Food and drink rested on many of the tables, all of which were claimed. The back wall fell away towards its center. Music spilled out of the equally busy interior, alongside a plethora of delicious smells and sights. Employees wandered to and fro, often with a large tray adorned with plates piled high with food. By the time the two stepped foot on the sidewalk, they were greeted by a finely dressed togruta.

"Hey there! How you doing this afternoon?" the host inquired.

"I'm doing great, man. Think we can get a table for two?" Ryv shot back with a smile.

"Absolutely! Right this way," the togruta led Ryv and Sera across the restaurant floor, weaving between tables expertly. The two trailed a few feet behind him until they reached a table beside the storefront windows. He set down a thin holopad for the pair and looked back. "Inside's okay, right?"

"This is fine," Sera said. "Thank you so much!"

"My pleasure. Your server will be right with you," he smiled once more at the pair and wandered off back towards his stand. Ryv carefully maneuvered Sera's chair out from beneath the table before moving to take the seat across from her. A quick scan of the restaurant revealed an assortment of paintings scattered throughout.

"Well, you were right. This place is pretty cute," he lifted up the holopad. "Have any suggestions on what to get? I'm not one for exquisite cuisine. I usually eat at the mess in the temple or order crappy food for delivery to my place."

"Hmm," she flicked downward, searching the menu for a decent suggestion. "You like bantha?"

"I'm a vegetarian," he admitted.

"Oh, okay! Then yeah, you should try the Sarlaac Stew. It's got rishi corn, chopped potatoes, and jandarra. I've had it before and thought it was delicious."

"Well then," he peered through the window at that moment and looked out at the busy street. People wandering past the window paid him no heed. Speeders raced by carrying a wide assortment of people, though one particular vehicle caught his attention. A local law enforcement speeder slowed down just long enough for the kiffar to get a brief glimpse of a familiar Padawan stuffed into the backseat. Ryv nearly jumped to his feet at the sight of Takui.

"Everything okay?" Sera's voice cut through his surprise.

"Oh, uh, yeah," Ryv chuckled. "Sorry about that. I thought I saw someone I knew, don't even worry about it."

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Animated_Series_Concept_Art_JU01-1050x439.png

S H A D O W
CODENAME: NOX
OPERATION:
BLACK DOG
The Galactic Alliance
XA FEL
ALL ARE LINKED
Jerek Morrows Jerek Morrows | Elias Vati | NJO | SIA
wsL0bBY.png
<<"Jin is Lambada Zeta,>> Jinn is in position, <<Lance is Omega Mortis,>> Lance is on the move. Command's voice was warped and static-laced from Zaavik's obscured position.

"Copy," he obliged with a whisper, scanning across the facilities through the rifle's holoscope. Jinn's info proved legitimate, AR projections accurately predicting the movements of the patrols that came out of the facility interiors. Crosshairs trailed a three-man patrol out of an access door and into an exposed alley. When a second patrol disappeared behind a building opposite of the alley, the Shadow knew he had his opening.

Finger squeezed around the trigger, the rifle kicked into his shoulder with a thud, and a muffled burst of condensed tibanna hissed out the suppressed barrel. Silently, the bolt careened down from the ridge and collided with a patrolman, causing him to crumple in sudden unconsciousness. Crosshair snapped to the next target, letting loose another shot in mid-turnaround, incapacitating him as well.

The third bolted for cover. A stray shot missed as the patrolman dived behind a dumpster. Aiming up toward a window, Zaavik adjusted quickly and fired again. The rifle kicked, and the bolt glinted against the glassteel window and bounced down and around the dumster. A limp hand falling into view was all the hit confirmation the Knight needed.

He watched Taskforce Lance move through the alley, looking down at the unconscious patrolmen with passive confusion. "You're welcome," he remarked sarcastically through the comm.

O B J E C T I V E . 2
nVxIegR.png

Senator Ju Li Kim
HRH Shoma, Prince of Xiaolang
Representing the Empress Akikonomu of Atrisia & the Commonwealth before the Galactic Senate

kwzlsmL.png
"Esteemed colleagues I implore that you all to consider what we have achieved in such a short amount of time and how it affects your reservations towards this bill."

So it seemed that Balosar was joining Eufornis in support of the bill.

While the reminder of the deliberative process had invited further comment, there still seemed no voice in opposition that sought the floor. Perhaps such was strategic. Lying in wait, waiting to strike on the vote rather than paint a public target with a sound byte that could be wielded against them. Voting records were less attractive for discrediting a political opponent. Words, holo-vids, made any public address a calculated risk.

That was presently precisely the trap in which Atrisia found itself. Too new to Alliance politics to cast its allegiance with any of its partisan blocs. They did not want to alienate themselves from potential allies, or expose themselves to potential competitors until the political arena was better understood.

Still, this seemed an initiative which Atrisia could support without betraying its vote to any one side. The continuing armistice with the Imperials lent itself to sustained military spending, in case the armistice failed. The manifest threat of the Eternal Empire and the recent military action against the Sith only further reinforced the idea of a robust defense budget.

Manufacturing would be key to sustaining efforts to defend their home systems against the myriad threats, which seemed to put them with threats on either side. And that was without discussing the complicated issue of the Concord reputed overtures to the Sith.

Simply put, it seemed that the Alliance was surrounded by conflict. In that environment, one needed to invest as much in war as in peace. For if the latter failed, one had best be prepared for the former. And if one of those threats should manifest in Atrisian space, then retreat would not be an option for them.

The teen looked over at the woman beside him. She betrayed no outward sign of either support or opposition, but the prince had to assume that, when the vote was called, Atrisia would vote in support.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

Dinner went about as expected. The food was delicious, the service exceptional, and the conversation wasn't awful. Sera's knowledge of the galaxy consisted of what she read on the holonet. Her lack of experience saw her bombard Ryv with dozens of questions throughout the evening, ranging from simple things like his favorite planet to much more complex points, such as fighting throughout the Braxant Campaign. Unsurprisingly, he didn't have much to say regarding the war. Even though he firmly believed a proactive stance against the forces of darkness was the best approach, discussing anything he'd seen across the many battlefields left him uncomfortable. Fortunately, Sera seemed to understand.

Leaving a tip behind, the two departed the restaurant and took to the city proper. They wandered for several minutes in silence before Ryv finally spoke up.

"Thanks for bringing me there. I think I needed a break from all the busy work," he slipped his hands into his jacket pockets. "Got anything else in mind for the evening? Got anywhere you can catch old holoflicks around here?"

"No, not really, but maybe we can go back to my place? I've got a subscription to Spaceflix," she suggested while conveniently looking away.

Her invitation stopped the Jedi Knight dead in his tracks. Passing pedestrians stared them down shamelessly, clearly annoyed by the minor inconvenience of having to walk around them. Ryv glared back in place of considering her offer. It proved easier to scare random people on the street than decide how to spend his evening.

After another stretch of silence, he shrugged and continued walking. "Screw it, sure. I'm down."

"Really?!" she wrapped her hands around his arm and tugged him closer.

"Yeah, really," he chuckled. "You're a helluva lot more excited about this than I expected."

"Can you blame me? How many people can say they've taken the Sword of the Jedi out to dinner before? I honestly thought you were gonna leave after the meal. You seemed so... hesitant to come out with me."

Ryv scratched his cheek with a finger. "Sorry about that. It isn't you or anything. I'm just not exactly dating material right now. You know, with the war, being a Jedi, and all my personal crap? It's hard to be there for other people when I'm barely there for myself."

"Oh," she leaned against him, head resting on his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"Nothing to apologize about. Not your fault."

"I know. Responding to something like that is a lot harder than I thought it be," she turned a corner and led him down an empty street. "We're almost at my place. It isn't anything special, so forgive me if it doesn't stand up to temple living."

She pulled a key card from her pocket and swiped it down the small terminal beside the door. It popped open to reveal an even smaller keypad where she punched in a six-digit code. The door slid to the side, revealing a quaint interior. Couches and chairs lined a small coffee table. Another larger table was tucked into a corner, several wooden chairs pushed in place beneath its surface. A countertop carved from stone separated the dining room from the kitchen proper. Two other doors led elsewhere in her humble abode. Likely a bedroom, maybe a storage space, the kiffar couldn't be sure.

"Not bad, not bad. Bigger than the rooms in the temple. Hell, I think it's bigger than my apartment," he looked down at the smiling redhead. "May I come in?"

"Of course," her smile grew threefold as they stepped inside.

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

XA FEL // TRAFFIC // EN ROUTE TO CORRESPONDENCE
INTERACTION: Djorn Bline Djorn Bline // CLOSED
B Y O O

GW9BcFn.png

Rolling her eyes, she glanced his way unimpressed at the commentary on her behaviour. Things had inarguably become tense between them once she realized he’d lied to her for a majority of their friendship –– an inquisitor of The Sith Empire turned Imperial turned enemy turned ally and churned through all the political regiment, squared and at odds time and time again, and yet, somehow, underneath it all, they prevailed.

“And things might be tricky when we engage. He’s got a good number of goons, and will probably be using citizens as meat shields. Probably, not entirely sure.”

Loske’s tap on the brakes increased pressure enough to rock them forward in their seats as a punctuated reaction to his statement. Djorn’s apathy with scenarios was both something to admire and be concerned about. It was the kind of cognitive dissonance you’d expect from someone who’d been operating in the field as long as he had. Meat shields. Those theoretical individuals were people with lives, dreams..organically and naturally created.

“Can’t wait for him to meet me, then.” She responded through her teeth, clenching and unclenching her fists and drawing the vehicle to a full park. Her confidence was starting to settle back to its normal level after the tribulations of Yinchorr, Dantooine and Felucia. While the wraithborn gifts weren’t entirely under control, she had a better gauge of when they’d become overwhelming or not and..that was progress at least.

“Don’t wanna lose these two things.”

She paused in getting out from the speeder, narrowing her eyes quizzically at Djorn. He was outfitted in casual garb, several pockets available.

“Honestly, they’re probably safer on your person,” she encouraged, gesturing vaguely to all the storage in his attire. To prove her point further, and protest the storage of objects in such an expendable vehicle, she reached after the two precious pieces to hand back to Djorn.

“I’d kind of expect you to be more precious about this sort of –––” her sentence dropped midway. In an unpredictable instance, a surge of visual touch was sparked at fractals of reality splintered around her vision, falling away to a story that belonged to a long time ago.

lSBGC5n.png

FRANK AND BAIT MINISERIES ADVENTURE
XA FEL // SHIPYARDS
OBJECTIVE: CONDUCT AUDIT OF XA FEL SHIPYARDS
Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

GW9BcFn.png

Seems we need to head to navigation - it's calibration duty for us.

Yes. Less exciting than the pit of a Starfighter, that's for certain. Organics could use this sort of recalibration from time to time. Imagine running diagnostics on either of our mistresses? Frank's tiny rubber snout made a brrrring noise in protest to the idea. As if he were already repulsed by the theoretical results.

My friend, did I ever tell you the tale of my time as a bounty hunter droid? Much excitement in my binary life.

Friend. That was a word that belonged to organics, but he loved it. He loved it because Loske loved it.

He stopped mid-tread in reaction and emphasized a reaction, mimicking the emphatic response his blonde pilot typically evidenced. No! Please do. It will make the upcoming navigational calibration far more entertaining.

Resuming his roll in tandem with Bait's waddle, the droid continued toward the navigational centre.

Final Dawn Central Command

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

Xa Fel
Objective III | Secure the Xa Fel Drive Yards
Task Force Aurek [
Tantamount Interstellar] | Hunter Killer | Vagabond | Dispatcher | 125 TIE/DF Squadrons [3,000 Total] | 25 Imperial Transport Squadrons [100 Transports Total | 3,600 Security Stormtroopers]
Focus | Rear-Admiral Dargus Chavez
Tags | N/A [Open]

As the Thousands of TIE/DFs descended towards the
Jast Defense Platforms like a Tidal Wave , the enemy began deployment of it's own forces with the N&Z Umbrella Corporation deploying it's own Corporate Security Forces to respond to the onslaught of it's former rival. However N&Z had well been past it's glory days and with the Zweihander Union simply reduced to a Corporate Enclave in Eternal Imperial Space , all they could spare was 2 Imperious-I Class Star Destroyers and a few Corvettes in addition to 58 Squadrons of combined Peltast II Class Interceptors , Gala Fighter MK IIs , SDS-2 "Pincer"s.

The N&Z Imperious-Is quickly positioned themselves around the Defense Platforms and in conjunction with the Platforms , rapidly deployed their Fighters to respond to Tantamount Interstellar's Aggression establishing a fighter screen around the Star Destroyers though it made no real difference as N&Z's 696 Fighters were simply no match for Tantamount's 3000 Droid Starfighters , outnumbered and outgunned and Tantamount Interstellar possessed more Advanced Assets compared to N&Z.

As the TIE/DFs and N&Z Fighters Clashed , the TIE/DFs almost instantly broke through the N&Z Fighter Screen crashing through it like a tidal wave and creating a gap in their fragile defensives rendering their Imperious-I Star Destroyers vulnerable. Soon enough , Hundreds of TIE/DFs zeroed in on one of the Star Destroyers , firing a massive volley of Advanced Concussion Missiles at their target in which soon crippled the defenseless Star Destroyer despite it's attempts to shot down the Missiles with it's Point-Defense Weapons.

Rear-Admiral Chavez observed these developments from the Bridge of the
Hunter Killer , because of how little of a threat the N&Z Security Forces around the Defense Platforms posed to him he grew confident and began slowly moving his Task Force of Lucrehulk-IIIs towards the Xa Fel Drive Yards though carefully staying out of range of the Jast Defense Platforms. Soon enough , the Security Stormtroopers would be deployed and the Drive Yards would be theirs.

With no sign of Galactic Alliance reinforcements , little could be done to stop his onslaught and by the time the Alliance even lifted a finger , it would be too late. The Shipyards would fall and would return to it's rightful Owners , SularenCo in which had been unlawfully denied rights to the Shipyards by the very usurpers now defending it : the N&Z Umbrella Corporation. This was not only Corporate Takeover but also simple Retaliation as Sularen would demonstrate the fate of those who dared cross him.

Emersyn Orsa

E

Objective I - All are Linked
Xa Fel // KDY
A half-hour before Operation Black Dog commences

Her foot tapped against the concrete floor, the annoyance in the gesture clear. Grunts ran around in a frenzy, some toting boxes of datapads, others pushing carts of bricks. For the business they had going on here, they were mighty unorganized, she noticed. Her eyes drifted down to her wrist again, checking the clock. Her nerves grew stronger as every second ticked by. If Black Dog was even minutes ahead of schedule, they were already karked.

She strolled into the small hangar bay, where Dwurn stood next to a ship. His voice was agitated as he yelled at the crewman who were loading. She glanced at the bay to find the cargo, crates mixed with women and children alike. One twi'lek met her gaze, the tape over her mouth stopping her from speaking- but her expression said everything. Help. Guilt washed over Emerysn like a tidal wave. For a moment, she wondered where the girl's family was, if they even cared she was gone. She swallowed, pushing those feelings aside. There was nothing the corellian could do for her now. She looked back to the rodian, expression lacking emotion.

"You're out of time. You gotta take off."

He gaped for a moment, struggling for words.

"But, w-we still need to double-check everything."

Emerysn shook her head, her instincts screaming at her to run.

"You need to go, is what you need to do. I thought I made it clear earlier that isn't flexible. If you or any of your men are captured, we'll be in touch. I'm not sticking around to greet them when they arrive."

She spun on her heels, making for the exit.

If anyone is raiding the building, feel free to encounter a crew or two who didn't work fast enough.

SENATE BUILDING
CORUSCANT

Senator Stazi glowered across the Great Rotunda in typical ill humor. He was not a political creature, instead considering himself more a public servant. Despite the Duros High House's strong corporatist leanings his people had elected an ardent federalist to represent their interests in the Assembly. Sign of the times. It was a delicate balance to maintain, but on days like this at least there was very little conflict. Additional military contracts might as well have been one of his campaign platforms.

"Duro...approves of this measure."

No one could accuse Mazik of being long winded. He chose his words with care. Along with Shoma Ike Shoma Ike he was one of the legislative body's newest faces. Most of his colleagues did not yet know quite what to make of the incorrigible old fleet veteran. In these uncertain times Duro had remained one of the Core's most stable manufacturing centers which meant Stazi's influence with his neighbors was considerable. The bonds between his people and Corellia stretched back centuries and they had enjoyed a long productive relationship with the Hosnian system as well.

A penetrating stare at Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe which could only be described as 'haunting' seemed to indicate he was indeed finished.

Last edited:

Elias Vati

E

Objective I - All are Linked
Equipment: Sector Ranger Tactical Armor - A280 Blaster Rifle
Mentions: Jerek Morrows Jerek Morrows Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl

As Taskforce Lance moved forward they were unaware of the patrol that was eliminated at their convenience, they were fanned out as the team of 7 rangers progressed upon the compound. When they saw the bodies some were confused, there wasn't a preemptive strike when they were briefed. That wasn't until they heard the garbled transmission of an SIA Shadow on their frequency, "You're welcome," They heard to which Elias rolled his eyes, "Shadow spook," He remarked annoyingly before they came upon the side entrance. "Lance is stacking on the east entrance." Elias said on open frequency while one of the rangers were attempting to slice the door open. "We're in." They said as the door opened revealing a shocked guard, one of the rangers stunned him with her blaster moving on ahead. "Lance has officially infiltrated the compound, moving to objective." By this point the marshals should've been preparing their assault on the compound providing a distraction for Lance to make their way to the comms room without much resistance.

Making their slow approach, Lance continued down the corridor before they got to a staircase taking them up where their objective was. Using the HUD on their helmets, they moved to the designated room, stunning a few guards before they finally arrived. "Everyone stack up." Elias ordered as the rangers prepared their breach, his slicer was in the midst of hacking the door panel. With no more than a half minute, the door swung open and the rangers rushed in stunning all the personnel inside. "Begin a sweep, Tanuak, Rima cover the entrance." As two of the rangers stayed out for cover, Elias and the rest of Lance wasted no time searching through their files trying to find whatever they needed, manifests, contacts, staff, shipments, business deals were such examples. Elias was looking through one of the main terminals looking for what he could find, what he found was a catalogue of contacts all based within the core that were of suspicion and a list of shipping routes. "Clear here." Elias said downloading the files onto a data disk. The rest of the rangers sounded off announcing completion of their objective before Elias went back on comms, "Lance is moving to Secondary Objective."

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

D I A M O N D _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL
FOCUS | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

N5cG5gd.png
Her aggressive step on the brakes after his comments of “meat shield” was enough to get the message of where her stance was on that matter. She still held true to her morals and values, being the typical hero of not trading lives just to accomplish an objective. He was like that once too. But after the first few missions of his career, he knew that sometimes sacrifices must be made to achieve the greater good. Was it immoral and wrong? Categorically, yes; however, it was something necessary. Something that Loske would have to face and experience in this war they were involved, and he was willing to bet it would taint her innocence.

His own innocence was already despoiled and it became misunderstanding; misunderstanding to anger; anger to vengeance.

“Alright, alright, we’ll be careful with any bystanders...we’ll do our best to minimize any casualties.”

She had to learn that by sacrificing tens, one could save hundreds.

“Oh, well I didn’t want to lose them in case they slipped out or something. It should be...”

His voice dragged when suddenly Loske froze up.

“...okay. Hey, you alright? Loske? Hey, Loske...”

Hid voice was inaudible to her ears, trying and trying to snap her back to reality.

Everyone had a story, and so did everything. There was much of a story to be told of Djorn’s watch and lighter. They weren’t organic at all, but the events they’ve been in had much of a story behind them. Loske, almost like going back in time, would catch glimpses of events in Djorn’s past. So many memories were available for her to observe and know. So far, Snake was just an enigmatic man to the Jedi. He had lied to her, selling her a facade as his cover while in the Outer Rim of the now defunct Coalition of the Outer Rim. She knew little about him, but this was an opportunity for her to understand more about Snake.

One of them was at a time where Djorn knew a time of joy and innocence. The boy of a thirteen year old, young and handsome for his age. Here he was on Bastion, his homeworld, in what seemed to be a small training room with Djorn and an older man. There was interaction between the two, the older man introducing fighting techniques to the boy. At a moment Loske could hear Djorn say the word dad to the man.

“Djorn, I want you to have this,” and there it was, the watch she just touched. “Your grandfather, my father, gave it to me when I turned thirteen. Now, I want you to have it.”

The boy inspected the small gift from his father, happy at the fact his father gave him something of his own to him.

“I know...I know in the next few weeks you’ll be enlisted at the Imperial Academy on Bastion. I know you told me ever since returning from Er’Kit with your group you want to become a soldier. I was hoping for something else, but I respect your decision. Just remember everything I’ve taught you when inside the academy: always have a mind of your own. And just like I respect your will of wanting to become a soldier, you too should follow that virtue. I think if we all come to follow that belief of mine, then things wouldn’t be too screwed up with all the wars in the Galaxy.”

Looking up from his watch, his eyes bridged with his father’s. “I...I don’t understand what you mean, dad. I want to become a soldier to do something good. To bring order and peace. We’re the good guys; the promises of Imperialism.”

“Not everything is as black and white as you think it is, son,” a hand went on Djorn’s shoulders, a firm tender grasp from his hand. “But you’ll learn that soon enough. Just uh, just make sure you don’t get your rear handed to you; otherwise, my training to you would be pointless.”

The two shared a laugh, other memories followed after that precious moment in Djorn’s life.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

By the end of the first movie, Sera had already fallen asleep. She was strewn out across Ryv's lap, snoring softly while snuggling up against him. He gently ran a hand through her hair while watching the credits drift up the screen. Whatever movie she picked wasn't a good one. The storyline consisted of a rough-around-the-edges cop forced to work with a beautiful criminal hoping to make a better life for herself. Unsurprisingly, the two wound up falling in love, and by the end, they disappeared to embark on their honeymoon out on Corellia. Some of the action scenes were great, and he thoroughly enjoyed watching the exaggerated parody of a Jedi who appeared in the film. Everything else felt hamfisted into the story, almost like the directors only expected people to come to see it if it ticked off all the genres.

At the sound of a rather loud snort, he looked away from the screen, his gaze settling on Sera instead. She shifted to face him and wrapped an arm around his waist. He smiled softly. While his evening events weren't planned, the Jedi could honestly say he enjoyed everything from the dinner to their time spent together on the couch. She'd been respectful of his earlier words—no attempts at anything more than idle conversation and light cuddling were made. Though, what little bit of space kept between them disappeared the moment she fell asleep.

"This would probably be nice, you know, to come home to every night," Ryv admitted aloud. He pushed back loose strands of his black hair, tucking them behind his ear. "Beautiful girl, nice place to stay, cheesy movies to watch. Everything a guy like me could ask for."

He settled his head back against the top of the couch. Aside from the screen, no other lights lit up her home. It was peaceful. His eyes became heavy with each passing second. Rather than fight it, Ryv allowed his guarded nature to fall away entirely. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Before he knew it, sleep claimed him, lovingly welcoming him back to a world where he was free from his many responsibilities.

To his right, a faint buzzing pulled him from his slumber. He reached over and lifted his phone from the armrest. With one hand, he unlocked the screen. With the other, he wiped the sleep from his eyes. An uncomfortably bright light blared into existence. It temporarily blinded him as he struggled to make out the words on the screen. He sighed and opened his eyes just enough to squint at the screen.

"Am I... getting a call at..." Ryv looked to the corner of the screen. "Four AM? What the f-" he answered with a quick tap of the device. "Hello?"

"Sorry to bother you so late at night, sir. Would this happen to be Ryv Karis of the New Jedi Order?" the woman on the other end inquired.

"Yeah, that's me. Weird that you have my number, but uh, is something happening?" he shifted a bit on the couch, his earlier frustration with how bright his screen was returning while he struggled to see through the surrounding darkness. If there was an emergency, he'd probably trip all over himself trying to get his belongings together.

"Well, at the moment? No, sir, nothing is happening. Earlier in the day, however? Yes. We actually apprehended one of the Jedi who claims to belong to your order. While no one has stepped forward to press charges, we're expecting one of the planetary officials to be here by morning. One, Takui, blew apart property owned by the Kuat Drive Yards."

Ryv blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

"We believe he turned his laser sword into a bomb, Mr. Karis."

"I see..." he carefully worked his way out from beneath Sera. As he did so, he bunched up a blanket with his free hand and slid it beneath her head. "Do you think you can send me your station's address? I should probably head down there to speak to him."

"Sure thing, sir. Should we expect to see you tonight?"

He looked back at Sera following the question. "Er, yeah. I should be there soon."

The call ended there, with the address coming in through text a minute or so later. Ryv carefully moved through the darkness until his eyes adapted to the room. The last thing he wanted to do was wake up Sera so late at night. Because of that, it took him longer than he'd of liked to gather his belongings, but he was already sliding his boots back on before she spoke up from the couch.

"Ryv..." the way she said his name stopped him in his tracks. Even so late into the night, her voice was soft and so full of warmth. "Are you leaving?"

The kiffar winced. "Yeah, Sera. A friend of mine is in some trouble. I gotta go bail him out."

"Oh," she peeked over the couch, her chin resting on its plush exterior. "Why do you have to go? That doesn't really seem fair. You said it yourself, you needed a break from everything. Why not stay till morning? I'm not the worst cook. I can make breakfast, I can even take you to wherever your friend is. I just... I don't want to be alone, Ryv. Please don't go."

"Sera, I-" he looked from her to the door, then back again. "The New Jedi Order looks to me for these kinda things. I'm their leader. They rely on me. I can't just abandon them cause I'm tired, you know?"

"But you said it yourself, this was everything you could ask for. I don't want to get in the way of you helping your friends. We just had so much fun tonight, you know? I'd like to be able to do this sort of thing with you again. No one else has been this nice to me in so long, and here you are, so sweet and funny. It feels right to me, I don't know. I can't be alone in that. Right?"

Ryv fell back against the wall. An uncomfortable silence settled on the room, one filled with angst and uncertainty. Her emotions felt so raw, yet there was also a truth to what she said. He did enjoy himself throughout their night together. Not once did his mind wander away from her. Past traumas and future tribulations hadn't surfaced since he ran into her on the streets hours before. That was something he wanted. To walk with his head held high, free from the pain that's tormented him for the last decade of his life. Even as he stared down at the floor, he knew, at least for a little while, a carefree life could be found here. In this small little home, with a beautiful girl, he could have the simple life stolen away from him the moment his father learned of his force sensitivity.

"I think," he turned away from her. "I can't."

"Why not?" she pushed up from the couch and rounded the side. "Because of what the Jedi want? That's not fair!"

"No, Sera, it isn't what the Jedi want. This galaxy, for everything that's wrong with it, is my home. People need me. And I need to protect people like you. People who deserve a chance at happiness, to live a long life, full of tears, laughter, and memories you'll take to whatever comes next. This is how I can do that. It's the only way I know how."

He turned towards the door.

"Please don't go."

"I'm sorry," he clicked the panel to the side. It swept open, revealing the dark, empty streets of Xa'Fel. Without saying another word, Ryv marched out into the night and hurried down the street. To his credit, he didn't look back.

An hour later, the kiffar stepped out from a speeder taxi and looked up at the local police station. It towered over the nearby buildings, standing somewhere around fifty to sixty feet tall. Bright white lights streamed out through transparisteel doors. He moved forward, brow furrowed as the doors slid open. He stepped in, briefly looking over the room before noticing the desk separating the open chamber from what the Jedi Knight imagined to be the holding cells. With a smile, he approached the desk and nodded to the clerk.

"Hey there, I'm Ryv. I'm here to see Takui. Mind showing me to his cell?"

"You're Ryv?" she asked, leaning forward. "I was expecting someone.... taller, and in robes. You're probably the same age as my oldest. You're a Jedi?"

"Yes, ma'am," he smiled. "So, about Takui?"

"Oh right, sorry about that," she stood up and motioned to a door on the kiffar's right. "Just go on through there. I've already unlocked it for you. Take a right at the end of the hall, then your second left. He'll be in the cell at the very end of that corridor. Sorry about the walk. It's just the only place we have to store force-sensitive criminals."

"No need to apologize, miss. I understand," he sent one last smile her way before passing through the door. He followed her direction exactly, careful not to get lost amidst the maze-like halls, lined on each side with cold, durasteel cells. Takui's lone form was visible long before Ryv reached the end of the corridor. The Padawan looked about the same as he did earlier, if not a bit bored, and a lot more anxious. Ryv couldn't blame him. His time in captivity, for all the awful memories he had, was a boring experience most of the time. And the onset stress of not knowing what would happen next certainly didn't help the time go by faster.

Arriving at the cell, the kiffar cleared his throat. "Hey there, man. Looks to me like you've gotten yourself into a bit of trouble," he grinned. "Need some help?"

Takui Takui

We all fall in parallel
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

There was writing scrawled on the wall, mostly etched. Some of it was basic, other bits were in eclectic script that he couldn't discern. The parts written in ink were faded, but the Arubesh still stood out. If you're in here, you deserve it.

They told him when they'd thrown him in that it was a cell for Force Sensitives- mostly adepts who managed to get themselves detained. Usually, they didn't have to worry about that sort of trouble. It showed in how grungey and dank the room really was.

Taku got the distinct aroma of garbage and rot, and he visibly gagged. There was a dumpster on the other side of the wall; and it sounded like there was someone throwing away trash. He felt like he was part of the waste, and that in time, the department of sanitation would come for him too.

Why had he done it? Taku never felt strongly about anything before he became a Jedi. He certainly didn't have any proclivities toward ecological activism. The younger Takui kept his head down and did his very best never to be noticed. He didn't have to try if he never excelled.

Now he'd gone and rigged a lightsaber to act as an improvised explosive. He couldn't deny that. He couldn't lie to anyone's face and say he hadn't learned to do that all on his own. More importantly... how were the Jedi going to react?

He felt the familiar warmth that denoted Ryv Karis in the moment that followed his crescendo of anxious emotions. His gaze flicked up and fell on the Jedi Knight, who seemed to wear a weary smile in spite of all odds. That was what made him the charismatic face of the New Jedi. Juxtaposed against the abysmal and gray expression the Padawan adopted, they were perfectly balanced.

"I couldn't just leave it the way it was," he stood abruptly. The shock cuffs sent a jolt through his body and he grimaced. Sudden movements set off the protocols that stunned criminals. It was a safety precaution. "They're killing this world with their unchecked industrialism. They're polluting the waters, ravaging wildlife- it's obscene what Kuat Drive Yards has gotten away with, and they just wanted me to do nothing because some nerf herder wrote a law to make it legal."

Nothing made sense anymore. He didn't know why he cared, but in his heart, Taku could feel the pain- deep, unmitigated anguish- of a world crying out to be saved. His small action was nothing next to years of damage done, but for a moment, he felt like Xa'Fel had heaved a sigh of relief.

"I'm the one cuffed, but the fething suits on Kuat are... they're getting fat and rich, dammit!"

Ryv Ryv

OBJECTIVE: Objective II - Increase defence funding and stamp out unprofittable corruption
ALLIES: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen | Taega Vrav'lan | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi

wsL0bBY.png

In turn, Senators sought recognition and hovered their pods toward the heart of the Grand Convocation Chamber to prosecute their case. The variety of speeches made was matched only the variety of planets represented - some such as the Senator for Balosar choose to present carefully worded impassioned pleas, while other including the Senator for Duro simply registered their support before yielding the floor.

Seeing that Adhira was in communication with the defence and intelligence ministries, the Aarguun took the reigns. “I put the question to the Senate that the Alliance undertakes to increase defence spending as outlined in the motion before us,” Tithe announced once the time for debate had expired. The Senate Clerk activated the bells, which rang out through the Senate building for nine minutes to alert Senators and Representatives that a vote had been called.

While the Senators cast their votes, Tithe turned his attention back to the continual stream of intelligence reports coming in from Xa Fel. And based on the discussions he would see between the various Senatorial pods, he wasn’t the only one following the situation. Whether the leak was intentional or not, news such as this always moved quickly through the Senate building. He pitied whichever of his colleagues had hoped to have their motion heard next.

The Senate Parliamentarian collected the certified the votes then transmitted them to the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor’s holoterminals. “The, ah, the ayes have it,” he announced for reading out the tally for the final vote. The results of the motion were recorder for posterity.

He paused - largely for theatrics - before moving on.

“Colleagues, it is with a heavy heart that I apprise you of perturbing events unfolding above Xa Fel,” Tithe announced. Whatever had been on the schedule for the remainder of the sitting would be dealt with another day. “As I speak, vessels flagged to the leader of Byss are bearing down on the private shipyards in orbit. We understand that a number of lives, sadly, have already been lost.”

Tithe looked to the Senatorial pod housing Senator Vosh-Sularen and his aides.

“I call upon the Honourable Member for Byss to comment,” he declared, having briefly toyed with dropping the ‘Honourable’ title. While the Senate had just demonstrated clear bipartisanism in approving the expanded defence budget, things were about to heat up.

Last edited:

Kaito could feel the shock ripple throughout the room. Of course, they all knew that the "Lord Imperator" of Byss was power-hungry. Most folks had only poor things to say about the puppet of a senator they had installed and the barest of minimum effort the system put into maintaining the sham of peace that was the Galactic Alliance. After the Eternal Empire attacked the system and the Lord Imperator unveiled what could have only been described as an armada many member systems began asking questions about military limits, how much certain systems were paying into the defense budget and all manner of things that caused the Diktat of Corellia concern, because soon the eyes that were focused on Byss' fleets would surely find their way to Corellia's own fortified sector of space. His 'orders' as a result, were to direct as much attention away from Corellia in this and attempt to keep the spotlight on Byss.

"Corellia seeks recognition," he said, his voice scratchy and robotic from behind the mask that hid his reportedly still mutilated face. The hover pod floated to speaking position and he began to address his fellow senators. There would be no waiting for Byss to comment.

"With all due respect," he added after the fact, as his pod had already locked into place. "Corellia is of the opinion that the senator of Byss need not comment. It is obvious and has been obvious to many of us for a long time, that this "Lord Imperator," he air quoted, "Is not interested in maintaining a stable union with the Galactic Alliance. If reports are correct this is but the third instance of the system striking out against would be allies of the Galactic Alliance or assets owned outside of our borders! This cannot stand!"

He turned his whole form to look directly at the Byss senatorial pod and grimaced from behind his mask, the only sign of this being his narrowed eyes from behind his mask.

"They are no more friends of the Alliance than the Sith Empire. Give the order Vice-Chancellor and Corellia can be at Byss' doorstep in support of local GADF forces."

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

Ryv crossed his arms, eyes locked on the Padawan and his explosive movements. The kiffar hadn't noticed the shock cuffs until the surge of electrical energy first coursed through Takui's body. Ryv immediately wanted to reach out for his trapped friend and tear those cuffs from his body. Their very nature seemed cruel and unusual. Lacking his connection to the force, Takui wasn't the most threatening person. Standing at six-feet tall, those easily frightened might find it difficult to stare the human down, but Ryv knew better. The middleweight lacked proper training. He was about as dangerous as a stray cat prowling an alleyway for its next meal—only good for a few scrapes and bruises.

"This isn't the first time I've had a conversation like this, this month, Takui," Ryv admitted. "Power corrupts people. Brings out the worst in 'em. It's only normal to try and fix something like that, considering it's always the little guys who wind up hurt most by those people."

He leaned against the bars. "Just take a second to relax, alright? I know you're feeling anxious, among other things, but shocking yourself isn't gonna help. If you want to make any kind of difference, you need to be smarter about it. Bombing property owned by one of the richest companies in the galaxy in broad daylight? C'mon, man."

Turning from the cell, Ryv looked over his shoulder to ensure no one else was within earshot. He looked back to the Padawan and rested his forehead against the bars.

"Why'd you go and do something like that without talking to me? I'm not upset that you did it, just that you did it in a way that's so damn hard to clean up. If you let me know what was going on, we could've tackled this problem together, you know? I don't give speeches about unity and supporting our fellow Jedi for fun, dude. I genuinely believe in that sorta thing. And those suits you're talking about? I want those grimy fucks taken care of just as much as you do, but we gotta be smart about it. As shitty as it is, money brings power in this galaxy. A power that can dwarf what guys like us can do with the force. "

Ryv reached into his jacket pocket and withdrew his phone. He tapped at the screen, unlocking it before thumbing through various files. Finally finding what he was searching for, he shifted, so his shoulder pressed against the cell, and he motioned for Takui to come closer.

"Remember what happened to Bastra a few weeks ago?" he asked. "It wasn't a Sith that killed him, Takui. It was a Jedi. One of our own. Bastra had his hands in drug running all across Zeltron. His riches came from enslaving men, women, and children without remorse. While I would've preferred getting the authorities involved, there's a lot of corruption in the Alliance. Marshals are in the pocket of guys like Bastra. If he could buy his way out of trouble, so could a group like KDY. The Jedi who killed him made the same mistake you did. Acted without at least reaching out. And just like you, they were sloppy. I'm still cleaning up that mess."

He sighed and slid his phone away. "I don't really condone acts of terrorism or murder willy-nilly, but if there's no other choice? We're gonna do whatever saves lives. If this is the sorta thing you wanna do, I won't stop you, but we need to lay down some ground rules. That cool with you?"

Takui Takui

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom