Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sector Ranger Tactical Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias Vati

E
0D81B8D3C10607C26A61AEA80058EA031D86D8B7

Out of Character
  • Intent: To give the Sector Rangers armor to perform tactical operations
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Republic Engineering Corporation (X)
  • Primary Source: N/A
Production Information
Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Heavy Combat Armor
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Plasma Weapons - Very High
    • Energy Weapons - Very High
    • Kinetic Weapons - High
    • Environmental - High
    • Lightsabers - Low
    • Disruptor Weapons - Very Low
    • Ion Weapons - Average (Can Damage internal systems)
Special Features

-Thermal Gel Underlay - The underlay coats the fatigues to provide extra protection
-Helmet flashlight illuminated 2 ft ahead of the wearer
-In helmet encrypted comms system
-Monocle visor that provides a HUD with ocular controls
-Prevents the wearer from being detected

Strengths
  • Bulk Protection: The armor provides protection from a wide variety of weapon types for a duration of time. These include many types of blasters and melee weapons both blunt and sharp. The plates are also replaceable in case the armor sustains too much damage
  • Mobility: While the armor may be bulky, it still provides the wearer efficient mobility to make tactical maneuvers
  • Environmental capabilities: The armor provides versatility when operating in various environments, including an internal heating/cooling system to adapt to whatever envionrment the wearer finds themselves in
  • Stealth Capabilities: The wearer has a built in stealth system that prevent the wearer from being seen detected by foreign scans
Weaknesses
  • Vulnerabilities/weakpoints: The armor doesn't protect lower arms, upper legs, or face and neck which makes these body parts prone to any kind of damage by blasters
  • Lightsabers/Vibroblades: Lightsabers and vibroblades can easily cut through the armor once it makes contact
  • Vacuum of Space: The armor provides no protection in the vacuum of space and the wearer will die when exposed
  • EMP Sensitivity: With an EMP blast, the armor's internal systems can become inoperable

Description

When the Sector Rangers were reestablished, they were confronted with a pile of burdens that were once filled by the local planetary security forces from planets the republic control. With their limited resources, the Sector Rangers had to pick up the slack. The Republic Engineering Corporation designed and built an armor for rangers to operate in more tactical operations and preform more delicate operations such as hostage rescue, counter terrorism, counter contraband, and other unlawful conduct that requires a tactical response. The armor's capabilities helps the wearer adapt to all environments and expand the ranger's capabilities in the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elias Vati

This is a really solid submission, but you're actually underpowered. You can increase your resistances by 2 points if you wish.

I've included my workings in the spoiler below.

Limited: +2
Heavy: +1
Plasma Weapons - High: -1
Energy Weapons - High: -1
Kinetic Weapons - High: -1
Environmental - High: -1
Lightsabers - Low: +1
Disruptor Weapons - Very Low: +2
Ion Weapons - Average: 0

Total: 2+1-1-1-1-1+1+2+0 = 2

Please let me know what you wish to do with the submission. I'm happy to approve it as it is, or you can adjust your ratings.

Elias Vati

E
Elias Vati

This is a really solid submission, but you're actually underpowered. You can increase your resistances by 2 points if you wish.

I've included my workings in the spoiler below.

Limited: +2
Heavy: +1
Plasma Weapons - High: -1
Energy Weapons - High: -1
Kinetic Weapons - High: -1
Environmental - High: -1
Lightsabers - Low: +1
Disruptor Weapons - Very Low: +2
Ion Weapons - Average: 0

Total: 2+1-1-1-1-1+1+2+0 = 2

Please let me know what you wish to do with the submission. I'm happy to approve it as it is, or you can adjust your ratings.

I think I got the two points I needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom