Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Fel for It | GA Dominion of Xa Fel

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Though the Galactic Alliance is at war, reuniting the core remains the top priority. Now, more than ever, planets need the protection and stability Alliance membership offers to see them through these uncertain times. Xa Fel leadership saw this pivotal moment and took action, requesting to be brought into the fold. Though the transition was seamless at first, members of the New Jedi Order found evidence of a trafficking ring operating in the core. Shortly after, marshals received an anonymous tip that a similar operation was taking place out of the KDY. The tip included the yard’s financial records, which seem to be covering something. After looking into it, an unusual amount of disappearances have been noted on Xa Fel, though local authorities attributed it to poor working conditions and the usual crime that takes place on the planet. More information must be gained, and ideally, the corruption ended, before the world is able to complete its integration. It is up to the marshal’s and Jedi to ensure this happens.

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Animated_Series_Concept_Art_JU01-1050x439.png

Objective I - All are Linked
Xa Fel // KDY

A task force of marshals has been deployed, led by Isaac Iden. Due to the marshal’s dwindling numbers, members of the New Jedi Order have been invited to take part in the operation for reinforcements. Through surveillance of the facilities, a timeline has been established for the runs of the slavers. The ring is supposed to ship a group off-world this evening; so in the dead of night, our agents must secure the facility, make necessary arrests, and gather whatever knowledge they can to damn the group in the court of law.

720cc0dcd2876f8e0e9d02865d2b8bf8.png

Objective II - Unwarranted Influence
Coruscant // Galactic City
Senate Chamber // Grand Convocation Chamber

The Galactic Alliance has filled their plate. Between reuniting and cleansing the core, waging war against the evil that is The Sith Empire, and taking a stand against the Bryn’adul, The Alliance’s forces are stretched thin. In preparation for what the future holds, a motion has been brought forth to the senate: To seek out and fund contracts and partnerships with companies and planetary governments that can aid in hyperdrive and ship manufacturing.

There has been a backlash on several justified accounts. Firstly, it was only a short time ago the Senate provided additional funding to GADF. Further, the scrutinies from the opposition paint a negative image of The Alliance’s economy and fear-mongering.

In contrast, those concerned about the threats the Alliance faces feel the need to increase resources is plain, and the bill couldn’t have been proposed at a better time. The Alliance is strong now, and to grow stronger, they must reinforce, bolster, and grow.

Thus, the Senate must find the answer: Is the ground we have given already enough, or must we do more to combat the dangers that lurk?

BYOO

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

Objective III - BYOO
Xa Fel

Though the planet is supported by the shipyard, Xa Fel is ripe for exploring other stories!

Last edited:

Location - Senate Rotunda, Courscant
Objective - Good Ol' Debate
Tags - Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Fellow Delegates

The debate would be long, no doubt.

There was no realistic path for a quick vote, only debate. Then a vote, as Populist were expected to fight tooth and nail to oppose this bill , Corporatist would probably demand something in return as was their motto. He grimaced at that thought, the grim one his advisors had planted within is mind, the idea that protecting the citizens of the Alliance would take political rather then moral gain.

"The Senator from Eufornis Major seeks recognition" The Senators voice boomed across the rotunda. He turned to face the Chancellor and the newly elected Vice Chair, Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe . "Madam Chancellor, Mr. Chairman, and my fellow delegates"

"Long ago did we come together to form a nation, one free from the political domination sought by foreign governments, free from the tyranny of the Sith, from the Imperialism within the Western Reaches, free from the machinations of the Outer Rim. We did not move all together in some great cacophony at first, no. We formed from the ruins of the Core Imperial Confederation, the Grayson Imperium, which later transcended into the Core Alliance as similar moves were made within the Correlian Confederation which later created the High Republic"

"It was these ideas, of self government that we eventually came together, that we reunited the Core! From Courscant to Corellia, from Aargau to Xa Fel, we have found our brotherhood once again and rekindled the spirit of our fathers and their fathers before them. But, I ask, what can we do to protect ourselves from those who would attempt to subvert our democracy, to threaten our children and our borders"

He paused, lifting a glass of water to his lips to relieve his soaring throat. " There is one answer, pay to defend ourselves. Therfore I move for an immediate vote on the Bill present on the floor"

"I yield my time, Mr. Speaker"

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
Xa Fel, 00:30

He stood near the building, standing guard. It wasn't hard to get the job when he thought back on it. They scrubbed data and rewrote his ID as a Coruscanti caf owner's spurned son. Eager to rise through the ranks of a criminal organization and make his own money, it was easy to sell that story to someone in the underworld. They were desperate for help.

Unfortunately, they weren't desperate enough to make him privy to any real secrets. They were selective about who got to see what was inside, or what they were actually selling. What mattered was warm bodies between anyone who wanted to get in, and whatever was behind the door.

Fortunately, Jerek had skills that weren't on the falsified resume. With his training as a Shadow, he could strain to hear hushed whispers a block away if he needed to. This time, he knew the rounds. He got the exact timeline for when the patrols passed.

"This is Jin," he spoke into the commlink using his codename. "Confirmation sigma delta epsilon." I have the patrol schedule. It was garbage speak to anyone who might overhear, but Alliance Intelligence and any other Shadows would know exactly what it meant.

S H A D O W
CODENAME: NOX

The Galactic Alliance
XA FEL
ALL ARE LINKED
Jerek Morrows Jerek Morrows | NJO | SIA
wsL0bBY.png

zaaviksadcolor.png
Perched upon a ridge, Zaavik surveilled the facility with a pair of macrobinoculars gripped in his left hand. In his right, organic digits rolled a Corellian coin between his fingers. Vague imprints of memories surged from the token, slithering into his subconscious at irregular intervals. At best, they were hazy, at worst, indecipherable. Zaavik wasn't exactly using psychometry with anything more than passive intuition. Desperation, hopelessness, and fear were the governing emotions of these echoes. Yet, for as unpleasant as they were, he couldn't let go.

Confirmation sigma delta epsilon."

"Copy. Nox is lambada zeta," I hear you, I'm in position, he replied, snapping out of the near-droid-like trance of scanning with the facilities through the binoculars. A flick of his thumb flipped the coin, and he snatched it out of the air before depositing it into his jacket pocket. Leaning to one side, he reached for the handle of a blaster case and dragged it toward him. Each latch clicked and popped open with the upward pressure of his fingers.

Long-range rifle was removed from the case. Zaavik forced the charging lever back, placed the tibanna canister in the chamber, and then shoved it closed with a metallic clack. Thumb and index turned the nod from lethal to stun. The Zeltron pulled his legs in for support, readied the rifle and gazed down the scope. Jin's intel hit their systems, and the times of the patrols, as well as AR-rendered pathways lit up on the displace. "Vata," Not bad, he remarked quietly in his native Zeltron.

Index finger teased the trigger guard. He'd incapacitate guards on the expected infiltration path. No patrols yet, though. The only thing to do now was to hurry up and wait, again.

Last edited:
Final Dawn Central Command

Xa Fel
Objective III | Secure the
Xa Fel Drive Yards
Task Force Aurek [Tantamount Interstellar] | Hunter Killer | Vagabond | Dispatcher | 125 TIE/DF Squadrons
Focus | Rear-Admiral Dargus Chavez
Tags | N/A [Open]

It was about time. For over 5 Years after the Skirmish over Xa Fel , Marlon Sularen had long aimed to secure the Xa Fel Shipyards for his Corporation SularenCo especially given at how the Shipyards had fallen into the possessions of his sworn enemies , the Zweihander Union. However with Savik Fel's recent abdication , Sularen knew that the Xa Fel Shipyards were now free for the taking , and this time he intended to make sure no one contested his half-decade long claim over the Xa Fel Shipyards like how Savik had back in 859 ABY.

3 colossal Lucrehulk IIIs 5 kilometers in length soon jumped out of hyperspace emerging at the edge of the Xa Fel System. Their mission was clear and secure the Shipyards for SularenCo. Rear-Admiral Dargus Chavez watched from the bridge of the Hunter-Killer , the Lead Ship of the Task Force Aurek as the Fleet began closing in towards the Shipyard. Their targets were the the Jast Defensive Net and the Xa Fel Drive Yards. If they could seize control of both Points of Interest then atleast Chavez could consider this mission a success.

"Captain Saxon. What's our status." Rear-Admiral Chavez asked turning around to the Captain of the Hunter Killer , Kell Saxon. "We've arrived at the Xa Fel System and their is no sort of opposition for the time being. Though we expect to face some sort of opposition from either the GADF or Local Forces." Captain Saxon replied. Rear-Admiral Chavez chuckled at the thought of Alliance Opposition , the Rear-Admiral was confident that he could overcome any sort of opposition with his Large Fleet Carriers at his disposal.

"Aight , very well. Deploy all Droid Starfighters and have the Defensive Platforms disabled. In the meantime begin preparing our
Special Security Stormtroopers for deployment. I want the Xa Fel Shipyard swiftly secured before the Alliance can even lift a finger. If we can even seize control of a considerable portion of the Shipyard then atleast we can force them to the negotiating table." Rear-Admiral Chavez ordered.

Soon enough , swarms of TIE/DF Drones emerged from the hangars of the Three Lucrehulk III and began speeding towards the 6 Jast Defensive Platforms. According to the intel at his disposal , Rear-Admiral Chavez knew that the entire Orbital Complex could hold a maximum of 48 Fighter Squadrons in which was nothing compared to Chavez's 125 TIE/DF Squadrons in which were now all speeding towards the enemy Defensive Platforms , 3,000 Strong all armed with 1 Missile Launcher each armed with Disruptor Torpedos , enough to disable all enemy Platforms in a single volley.

Thus the Takeover of the Xa Fel Shipyards had begun and to Rear-Admiral Chavez this was going to be a short engagement. With the Xa Fel Government nor the Alliance had the means to stop his Fleet and Chavez knew that. Xa Fel had been in ruins since the collapse of the Corporate Protectorate , recovering from the recent collapse of the Imperial Federation and the Alliance was already distracted with their wars with both the Sith Empire and the Eternal Empire and the recently established Elder Compact. No matter what Chavez faced , these Shipyards would fall , one way or another.

Kanchen Sector // Sz Fel Sector // Xa Fel
Ferret II Recconiassance Vessel, Designation TY-429
Drifting into Sz Fel Sector.
Passive Scans - Undetected.
04fYQtb.png

Drifting through the ocean of infinite night on chemical thrusters, TY-429 - a Ferret II Recon Probe - found itself in a peculiar position. Its original task was to navigate and patrol the ever-expanding borders of the Galactic Alliance’s frontier. Like the countless other drones deployed all across Alliance space, TY-429’s original mandate was to be on the proverbial lookout for any trouble and report back to the Defence Force’s High Command. Essentially, these drones were to act as the first line of a massive early-warning detection grid that sought to safeguard the Citizens of the Alliance from harm.

As the Ferret II drifted into the Sz Fel system, the Probe’s long-range scanners began to pick up some anomalous readings near the civilized world of Xa Fel. It seemed that the world found itself besieged by a hostile entity, as three massive energy signatures translated from hyperspace into the spatial territory controlled by the planetary administration of Xa Fel. As the drone drifted closer and closer towards the nigh-blockaded system, TY-429 was able to more accurately paint a picture of the situation as it unfolded in near-real-time.

The enormous energy signatures detected within the system were subsequently identified as battleships that belonged to the iconic Luchrehulk-class by the Probe’s long-range sensor array(s.) Whether or not they were descendants of that venerable design lineage that once terrorized the stars amidst the Clone Wars was up for debate, but through their use - there was only one path these hostile entities sought to take. Especially as their shields were primed, their weapons firing, and their massive complements of fighters were being discharged into the depthless void.

Invasion.

While the Probe drifted ever closer, doing everything within its power to remain undetected, TY-429’s passive sensors continually swept through the system. After three successive sweeps, the Ferret II identified the transponder codes attached to the three supercarriers that anchored themselves in the heavens near Xa Fel. The three supercarriers’ transponder codes were registered to a private security firm that publicly operated out of the Byss system. Their connections also tied them with the insidious SularenCo, who in-turn was involved with the forceful takeover of the Nadiri Dockyards sometime earlier. While the Droid’s intelligence was stunted, TY-429 knew that this particular situation could unfold terribly for the aggressors after the ashes began to settle, especially since they started to open fire without provocation against innocent bystanders and the planet’s meagre collection of defence platforms.

Although it was unable to assist the now embattled world of Xa Fel in combat, TY-429 could only summon allies from nearby systems and ensure that these foul invaders would reap what they’ve sown. With chemical thrusters firing at various intervals, the Ferret II probe began compiling what evidence it gathered through passive scans. When these scans were collected, TY-429 would then transmit the data packet along encrypted channels - ensuring that not only the Top Brass of the Alliance’s High Command would receive this newly acquired information - but the Office of the Supreme Chancellor and their Vice-Chair as well. Thus marked the beginning of the end for an insidious thorn in the Alliance’s side. After the packet was finally transmitted, all that remained was to see how events unfolded in the interim.

CETCOM CETCOM | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
@GADF Naval Forces.

Last edited:

AllianceDiscordIcon2_150x150.png

Xa Fel // KDY
Tags: Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe

Ripley glanced back at the padawan, ensuring he was still there. The world around them was quiet as they waited near the southernmost side of the yard, away from the thick of the action. The silence itself was heavy as the pair waited on the signal to go. While the marshals took care of the operation itself, the two would try to access company records, and see who was covering what.

The zeltron sighed and shifted, the bush they were behind rustling a bit. The briefing, and what it was they were looking for, had not sat well with her. The fear in the eyes of those she and Ryv had rescued on Byss still gave her shivers when she thought about it. The fact those bastards may be doing the same to others, stealing them from their families and sending them to whatever wicked place they would, almost made her sick. She sincerely hoped whatever the night had in store would bring an end to all of this, at least in the core.

<<Task Force Zenmir omega tau omicron.>>

The comm rang through her ears, the gibberish easily understood. We're moving forward. Ripley rose from the ground, wiping the dust off the back of her legs.

"That's our cue, kid. You ready to move?" She asked with a grin.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

"Oh, look at you! All alone tonight, handsome?"

A lone voice cut through the crowded streets of Xa'fel. The masses seemed unphased by the disruption of the everyday norm. Many parted around the lone figure of a woman as she approached the jacket-clad figure of Ryv Karis, the Jedi's attention stolen away from a window display. The new pair of jeans he wanted falling to the wayside.

"Uh," Ryv paused. "Sun doesn't set for a few more hours. Not sure it's tonight yet, miss."

"Oh, dear," she giggled at the Jedi Knight's words. "I'm sorry, I just haven't done this in a while."

Ryv blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You know! Just, well, a date! I was wondering if you would like to go out with me sometime? I've never met a Jedi before, nor can I claim to have dated one! This could be fun!"

"I see..." Ryv's right hand fell to his side, where it rested on Resolve's hilt. He looked past her to the opposite side of the street. When nothing out of the ordinary caught his attention, he looked back to her and quickly scanned her for any visible weapons. Nothing there either. He cleared his throat. "Look, I'm not really the dating type: a few bad experiences, busy work life. You could probably find a much more interesting way to spend your evening, miss."

He shoved his hands into his pockets and turned away.

"Sera."

Ryv looked back, brow perked. "Huh?"

"My name. It's Sera," she repeated.

"Oh yeah?" Ryv turned half a circle. "Well, Sera, I'm Ryv."

"I know who you are. I've seen you on the holonet a few times," she tucked loose strands of ember behind her ear. "I couldn't imagine what it's like doing what you've done. Thank you for your service... Sorry to of bothered you."

She waved while turning away from the Jedi Knight. Angst driven fingers toiled away, sporadically tugging at her t-shirt to help create the illusion of normality. He could feel how insignificant she felt at that moment. Tears threatened to spill down her cheeks as they took shape at the corners of her warm, chocolate brown eyes. The weight of rejection, coupled with the ever-chaotic state of the galaxy, crushed down on her, a constant reminder she was a nobody from Xa-Fel, destined to continue her grueling work at the planetary shipyard.

"Hey, Sera," Ryv hurried after her. "I checked my schedule. I'm free for a couple hours. How bout I take you up on that date, and we do dinner?"

She smiled and took his gloved hand. "I know just the place!"

O B J E C T I V E . 2
nVxIegR.png

Senator Ju Li Kim
HRH Shoma, Prince of Xiaolang
Representing the Empress Akikonomu of Atrisia & the Commonwealth before the Galactic Senate

kwzlsmL.png
"There is one answer, pay to defend ourselves. Therfore I move for an immediate vote on the Bill present on the floor."

The Atrisian teen blinked.

He'd expected a lengthy session of debate. Instead, it seemed that the honorable representative of Eufornis was rather decisive in calling for an immediate vote. It was an unexpectedly aggressive tactic. If the motion carried, then he'd have effectively eliminated any debate.

A gamble then, since there was no way to know if the prevailing political winds would take the bill to passage. By moving to eliminate the debate, the opportunity to influence the moderates in the Senate to one side or another could be a missed opportunity.

Leaning over to the middle aged woman seated beside him, the boy lowered his voice as he indicated the delegate who had just yielded the floor and asked, "Corporatist?

The senator from Jar'Kai was stoic as she whispered only, "If he were, he'd be vying to add riders to the bill to favor companies on Eufornis."

The young prince glanced over at his mentor for a moment, giving a slight bow of his head as he sat back in his seat. Brown eyes moved to take in the entirely of the rotunda, before finally settling on the device in his hands. He had an entire copy of the proposed legislation on his datapad. He'd read parts of it. Skimmed most of it. Still, "Funding manufacturing in the Core. Where's the downside?" the teen asked, whispering as he looked over at the elder delegate. Holding up the electronic document in his hand, he said, "All I see is job creation and a chance to get our shipyards going again."

The woman raised one hand in objection. "I urge restraint, Highness," the woman uttered quietly, yet firmly. As her hand returned to her lap, the senator was quiet for a moment. Then offered, "We are no so familiar with this Alliance that we can freely cast a ballot to spend its money."

Turning her head just slightly, the woman looked over at where Faith Organa Faith Organa and her delegation would ordinarily sit. "I am interested to see how the Alderaan delegation votes," the senator remarked finally, as she turned her attention back to the Senate floor.

Placing a hand up to his mouth, the boy clasped his chin and tried to stifle the sense of impatience that was gnawing at him. He liked the bill. He liked that senator from Eufornis. He was ready to say yes and move on to the next item of business, but it was not his decision to make.

As of yet, anyway.

Dropping his hand, the boy again gave a respectful bow of his head. "If you think that wise," he whispered.

The woman gave a slight bow of her own in kind. "There is much we have to learn of these delegates. Let us not be quick to show our hand," she offered softly.

Last edited:
We all fall in parallel
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

Xa Fel

The factories churned out waste as fast as they brought in profit. Smog as prevalent as cloud cover intermingled with sky and tainted the natural beauty of the world. Progress, at any cost. Takui grimaced as he looked on.

"I wonder if it was worth it," he muttered.

"To the people making money? Absolutely." Xashe was a Mirialan Padawan who joined the order shortly before Taku, and not much younger. She smiled sadly at him as she took up a position next to him and surveyed the desolate plains and putrid waters. "They don't have to live here. The people who do are just happy to make enough to live."

"Living at the expense of someone else is no different than oppression," he sneered in disgust. "Surely, we aren't just..."

"If you're thinking about attacking and forcing some kind of environmental action, save it, Taku," she said. "That motion belongs in the Senate."

"We don't have to hurt anyone," he protested. "I just want to disable the factory and try to stop some of the pollution. I can feel the fauna of Xa Fel suffering, Xashe."

"I can feel it too, you know," she whispered. She did a better job of hiding her obvious emotions and disapproval, but only just. "You'd have to be completely apathetic not to. But that isn't our job."

"Alright," he said as he hopped the short fence that separated public property from private. "You stay here then."

"What the feth are you doing!?" she hissed. "Takui Mihzu-"

"Peaceful protest," he called back over his shoulder. "I do not consent!"

"Taku!!!"

Emersyn Orsa

E

Xa Fel // KDY
A few hours before Operation Black Dog commences

"What aren't you getting about this? I don't give a kark what it messes up." She snapped, her hand waving angrily. "If you don't get this packed up, the marshals get here and find everything. You know if that happens, you'll go somewhere far worse than a trial."

Her other hand went to the holstered blast on her hip, driving the point home. The rodian across the desk gulped, understanding the implications perfectly.

"Y-yes, you're right, of course. What's the time frame?"

Emersyn's face was a stoic mask, giving away nothing.

"A couple hours, at most. They'll be here soon."

Dwurn went right to work, scurrying about, yelling at some, sending messages over his commlink to others. Emersyn leaned against the desk, waiting. She needed to ensure this was done right, and the task force didn't have a trail to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

D I A M O N D _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL
FOCUS | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

N5cG5gd.png
A cigarette was placed between his lips, finding himself sitting in a landspeeder but not alone as he was accompanied by a familiar person that walked between the lines as a friend and as a foe; surely Loske thought of him the same way.

“Usually I smoke cigars,” he explained himself, assuming she wouldn’t entertain the idea of smoking, “but that’s when I’m enjoying some whiskey on the rocks. This’ll do enough for now.” Do enough to repress the stress and keep a clear, focused mind.

Focused mind for their own covert operation that was off the books. The dirty work.

“Got a hit from one of my infobrokers. Some third party entrepreneur getting in touch with a contractor to acquire some hyperdrive products to the Sith, but it won’t exactly be as simple as that. There’s more to it.”

We all fall in parallel
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

"That guy is gonna give me a coronary," Xashe murmured as she watched Taku disappear into the compound. She felt cold sweat beading on the back of her neck. "I should report this," she said suddenly. "I should definitely-"

"Padawan Tistya," her comm snapped to life. "I need a status report on your patrol. We've got a hundred things going on but you and Padawan Mihzu haven't reported in once. We need to be aware of where everyone is at all times."

"Uh, yes, we're stationed outside of the KDY factory," she stammered. Xashe felt her cheeks flush. "Well, I am, anyway-"

"Repeat that?" the voice was baffled. "I didn't copy. Are you saying he's not with you?"

"Takui is approaching the factory on his own," she confirmed.

"..." A pregnant pause separated their words. Finally, "...why?"

"I told him not to," she protested. "I said-"

"What is he doing, Xashe?"

"He's... oh, kriff."

"Xashe?"

kwzlsmL_d.webp

"Dink ferric, it's empty," he muttered as he slipped unnoticed into the compound. He skimmed the area for visible security cameras and when he was satisfied that he was not detected, he moved closer to the other wall. "Now, I just need to get inside..."

Taku already knew the front door was a bad idea, and the only visible options were emergency exits. Those were usually rigged to alarms. Out of the question. There had to be another...

...was that a ladder?

The Padawan moved closer and inspected the ladder that traveled up the side of the building. "Danger," he read, "authorized personnel only. Well, I'm a Jedi- that must authorize me for something."

Taku began to ascend the building and glanced back over his shoulder when he heard yelling. Xashe was waving her hands wildly and staring right at him. He looked around and saw the lights from multiple security teams blaring as they flooded the compound. "...snitch," he spat as he started to climb faster.

"Can't believe I thought she was hot," he grumbled as he stepped over the top rung and onto the rooftop. When he finally had his footing back, he realized what he was seeing.

"Is this a turbine?" he asked. "Energy tower," he observed. "It's using water from the river to generate electrical energy to fuel the main factory. And..." he glanced to the water nearby, murky and rife with the stench of death and decay. He could smell it from where he stood. "...it's spewing back pollutants into the environment."

He took another look toward security, who hadn't quite closed the distance yet. The Padawan had two, maybe three minutes. Taku rolled up his sleeves. "I already came this far," he told himself.

SetoHeader10.png

Seto Du Coutaeu
Objective Two: Unwarranted Influence
Action: Listening, Waiting for the Vote
Attire

Br8YpBr.png
It was rather unusual for the young Du Couteau heir to find himself with energy before the Senate Chambers. The increased demand of supplies and further aid requests for refugees heading towards Empress Teta had kept the Senator up for the past few weeks. But just as quickly the work piled up on his desk, the fast Seto discovered ways to delegate more and more of it to other staff members. And a few aspiring adjuncts.
Seto realized that ambition can come in all forms, and varied differently from person to person when it came to Government ladder climbing. Even so, Seto stiffened a yawn as he entered into his spot within the Senate Chambers. Barely a moment passed when he took his seat did the discussion of the Bill start, and by discussion Seto realized the Senator of Eufornis Major already demanded an immediate vote.
Not the most strangest request to be heard within these Senate Chamber walls, but certainly the urgency added to its uniqueness. Wars were after all expensive, the worst yet were defensive wars, attacks on trade lanes were commonplace and hired pirates sent deep within the Alliance to menace traders and merchant crafts.
Seto lifted his data-pad and wondered further of the state of the Alliance, with the Eternal Empire nipping at the edges of Alliance controlled space gaining attention to the north. The eastern borders appeared further fragmented with the tension developed by the Imperials, furthermore the Scourge of the galaxy the Bryn’adul were causing perhaps the greatest refugee the galaxy has ever seen.
Is this what those fortune tellers meant by “The End Times” approaches? Seto would have laughed at the notion if he hadn’t seen the devastation for himself. The sobering fact of witnessing the emotions of true despair from the refugees would cause even the most flippant capitalist to pause and take notice.
Such was the predicament Seto had found himself in, he had wished, while it would be easy to agree to the bill free from any further amendments. But he knew how aggressive some of his constituents could be if it was heard he had not asked for more spending. The young Du Couteau sighed as he relaxed his shoulders. Perhaps there was a limit of greediness he could stomach from them, but he had no intention to find it. So, much like the saying ‘it is better to strip the bandage quickly’, best to deal with them sooner rather than later.
“Let’s hope we can vote on it quickly,” Seto mumbled.

|| Spirit of Faith Spirit of Faith | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike ||

Elias Vati

E

Equipment: Sector Ranger Tactical Armor - A280 Blaster Rifle
The Marshals have seen better days that's for sure. They didn't turn the case over to the Sector Rangers yet, but as one of their errand boys, Elias was sent as muscle to support this join Judicial-Jedi operation and they needed all the resources they could scrounge up in order to take down this trafficking ring. His mission was to find any sort of associations and connections this ring had within the core and beyond and bring them back to Sector Ranger HQ for analysis, to prevent any sort of mishaps with the Jedi operators who had also been ordered to take part in this operation, it was to be a joint effort to collect and share whatever intel they could fine so they could put measures in place to counteract trafficking and plan future operations.

Elias and the other rangers he was commanding were placed on the eastern side where a gap was spotted in the compound's defenses. There were only 2 guards and would lead them down a straight path to their communications and command centers. Considering the amount of hands this operation had with operators from, the Jedi, SIA, and combined Judicial task forces, clearly the brass were expecting high returns on this operation. It was rare occurrence for a combined op like this to have a wide variety of entities involved. The marshals definitely not happy with the need to count on other agencies to help them in their ops, the organized crime rings were really taking a toll on them and their limited resources were proof of that.

<< Operation Black Dog is Go, Repeat Operation Black Dog is Go >>

"Copy that, Taskforce Lance is advancing." Elias said on comms and signaled to the other agents to advance.

We all fall in parallel
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

He tinkered with the Lightsaber that they'd given him for his duties laboriously. Taku had some training with them, but they weren't his forte. He knew the general basics of how they operated. He'd studied a diagram or two, enough that he knew how to pop it open and get to its guts.

With the outer shell off, the power conversion matrix was exposed. He could see the crystal and all of the wires that powered the emitter. More prominently, the energy cell that fueled one of the hottest, highest energy weapons in the Galaxy was at his fingertips. The Jedi had a lot of responsibility to carry these weapons. Takui took that to heart.

A Jedi has a responsibility to the people. His duty is to protect life. That meant if he didn't take action here, he would be remiss.

Taku pulled the wires free, fumbling with red and blue and he switched them. By pulling the ground free, he sealed the weapon's fate. The Padawan stomped hard on the transparent panel that separated him from a freefall into the power plant. With a second stomp, the flimsy material gave way.

Shattered material rained down into the room below and he saw the turbine, churning at steady levels with no need for supervision. He glanced behind him and saw the first officer stepping over the roof's edge. "Stop right there!"

"Too late for that," Taku called back as he triggered the activation switch for the weapon. His fingers opened, and the cylinder dropped from his hand and began its descent.

"What the hell are you-!"

Taku's eyes followed the lightsaber as visibly threads of electrical energy circulated around it. He could sense the sudden immense build of power, and as the green light of the crystal pulsated and throbbed, he could feel the Force building around it. "Stay back!" Taku warned.

In a brilliant flash of green light and with a loud blast of sound, the turbine began to slow down, and parts of it powered down. The monolithic machine slowed and came to a stop. Pieces crumbled away and fell into the river, blocking the flow of tainted water to the outside.

"Holy feth!" the officer screamed as he closed the distance. Taku held out has hands. "What are you thinking? People's lives hinge on the business this factory does!"

"If your world and your people are suffering because of their reliance on this factory, I'd do it again," he clapped back. "Cuff me, I'll go quietly."

He didn't have to ask twice. The man had him bound within seconds. "You're a Jedi, for crying out loud. Don't you understand, there's rules to follow! There's a process for things like this-"

"A process that allows evil to spread isn't a process I'm going to follow," he said.

"Fierfek, kid," he muttered. "What is the world coming to?"

"So you're just going to let things like this happen? You're just going to let a corporation that doesn't care about you-"

"That's not the point!" the man practically screamed in his face. "People will be out of work! They won't be able to feed their families! Just because you think you're doing a good thing doesn't mean people won't suffer! The world isn't black and white!"

"They can find another way to feed them," Taku responded indignantly. "Kuat is paying them to drink poison in order to stay alive. That isn't a choice."

"Whatever. I'm bringing you in. Hopefully the senior Jedi will be more reasonable."

"Hopefully the Alliance will bring positive change to Xa Fel," Taku retorted as he was pushed into the police speeder.

"Hopefully," the man agreed disdainfully, "but hopefully they don't send any more snot nosed brats to do it."

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

XA FEL // TRAFFIC // EN ROUTE TO CORRESPONDENCE
INTERACTION: Djorn Bline Djorn Bline // CLOSED
B Y O O

GW9BcFn.png

As with the majority of instances, Loske was the driver for this expedition. The only time her responsibility with the wheel was in jeopardy was anytime she was with Maynard and they'd contest for who would be responsible for piloting a vehicle.

“Usually I smoke cigars, but that’s when I’m enjoying some whiskey on the rocks. This’ll do enough for now.”

"You smoke, too? Man, you must really have a death wish. Your line of business...your vices...."

Her thought trailed off, and she smirked. "I've never smoked," Loske admitted passively to Djorn's casual conversation. "And we both know my affinity with..any sort of liquor." Her clone-based constitution wasn't conducive to supporting any sort of vices whatsoever. And easily exploited at any sort of celebration.

With the heel of her hand on the wheel, she veered to the left to follow his earlier instructions.

Her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth, and she shifted gears to reduce their speed –– tapping on the brakes to acquiesce to the flow of traffic and remain covert.

.. but it won’t exactly be as simple as that. There’s more to it.”

A knowing grin dominated Loske's expression and she shook her head subtly. "There always is. You going to be mysterious about it right up until we shake hands, or let me in a little earlier this time?" Djorn's propensity to only give information on a need-to-know basis bled into every operation they'd conducted since the outer rim days, and one day, Loske hoped she'd be guaranteed some level of trust beyond that.

lSBGC5n.png

FRANK AND BAIT MINISERIES ADVENTURE
XA FEL // SHIPYARDS
OBJECTIVE: CONDUCT AUDIT OF XA FEL SHIPYARDS
Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

GW9BcFn.png

The astromech made a noise that resembled an organic's drawl of consideration.

Their environmental policies are horrendous by organic standards. Frank announced to his partner for the detailing. Bait. Allyson Loske's personal droid –– a droid that was so precious to the secret agent that she'd left him under the careful care of Loske, and by extension, Frank. His electronic circuits told him it would be useful to download this information, something that could be used at a later date. He could have sworn he'd overheard Takui Takui in the halls of Coruscant's temple talking about ecological warrior business.

That concludes health and safety. He retracted his small, metal electrode and looked over to the accompanying mechanical construct, rocking side-to-side on his treads eagerly.

What did we have up next? Navigational operations? Revenue?

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

After several minutes of walking through busy streets, Ryv couldn't keep his curiosity at bay any longer. He slipped his free hand into his jacket pocket and looked Sera's way.

"So, where are we going?" he asked.

"You're gonna love it! It's this super cute restaurant with real exotic dishes. I think the owner is a cook who used to live on Coruscant, learned a lot about cooking there," she said. "It's called Shivy's Cuisine. Pride and joy of this part of town!"

Ryv nodded, a smile beginning to take shape. "Local joint with great food? Sounds good to me."

"Mhm!" she beamed up at him. Her fingers shifted from around his palm, sliding between his to once more interlock hands with the Jedi Knight. "What brought you to Xa'Fel anyway? Other than the shipyards, not much happens around here. "

"Uh..." Ryv scratched at his cheek. "Kidnappings, if I'm honest. A lot of folks going missing around the Core. Xa'Fel just happened to reach out to the Alliance for help. I joined the marshals in their investigation, but I don't get along all that well with the director. He sorta suggested I leave it to the professionals. So, here I am. I was wandering aimlessly, lost in thought, my mind on much bigger things, like the force, philosophy, and all that other crap you'd associate with a Jedi."

Sera giggled at the joke briefly. She cut herself off just as quickly, opting instead to squeeze his hand. "I'm sorry. It sucks you got kicked off the case cause some guy doesn't see what you bring to the table."

"I dunno if I'd call him some guy, but thanks," he met her gaze just as they stepped from the shadow of a nearby building. The light illuminated dozens of small freckles splashed across a button nose and soft, porcelain skin. Deep brown eyes shifted to resemble pools of spun gold. Maybe it was the light, or maybe it was the conversation at play, but each second he stared at her turned his cheeks a deeper shade of red. When she giggled again, her skin taking on a similar color to her hair, he looked away and silently berated himself.

"I uh- haha, well, am sorry about that, you know, the staring thing, that is," Ryv expertly stumbled through the most pathetic apology of his life as they stepped around two people in conversation and continued along the duracrete sidewalk. "You're just uh... real pretty, I guess?"

She looked away at the compliment, her already pinkened cheeks blazing a crimson color. "T-Thank you!"

The pair fell silent at that.

Last edited:
We all fall in parallel
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

"Tresspassing," the officer read off the charges as the Speeder went racing through the streets toward the station. "Felony entry to a restricted area. Felony destruction of property. Arson." He peered back over his shoulder toward the youth as his partner wove through traffic. "You're really not doing a great job with representation of the Jedi Order, do you realize that?"

Taku stared down at his hands. When he was a younger boy, he never thought he would end up in handcuffs. Hell, Takui never thought he would be moved enough to come anywhere near social action, civil unrest, or rebellion. Here he was a Jedi, in the back of a squad car. What would the others say?

Oh kark, what will the others say??

"What, you had all that garbage to say when I was cuffing you, but now you can't think of a witty thing to say?" he shook his head. "All that talk about doing the right thing, as soon as it sets in, you lose your nerve. Just like any other criminal. You've got a spine until what you do has actual consequences."

"You're just like I was," Taku realized. He hadn't intended to say it out loud, but it didn't matter now.

"The hell does that mean?" the cop turned back and stared at him.

"You think being a Jedi means following the law?" he snapped. "Enforcing it? If that was the case, you'd be out of a job, my guy. You're a cop. That's your job."

"Then what's yours?" he snorted. He found Takui's words laughable.

"We protect peace," he said. "We preserve life. That factory was spewing pollutants into your river. It was fouling your waters, killing your flora, poisoning the air you breathe. Five, maybe ten years from now, you won't be able to leave your homes without a rebreather or a suit. Look officer, I get it, you're doing your job. I can appreciate that. But the laws you're enforcing, the people you're allowing to have their way, the status quo? It's wrong, man. When the law is hurting people, it's not a good law."

"..."

The police sat in silence the rest of the way toward the station. Taku looked out the window and spied something that caught his attention. Ryv Ryv was in the window of a restaurant, seated across from a pretty young woman. Were they on a date?

"...Ryv?"

OBJECTIVE: Objective II - Increase defence funding and stamp out unprofittable corruption
ALLIES: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

wsL0bBY.png

A call for a vote on the motion to increase defence spending via private contacts was issued moments after it was introduced to the Chamber. Members of the Corporatist Party, of which Tithe was a member though largely gaged in his position upon the Chancellor’s Podium, had devoted weeks to preparing their arguments in favour of the motion. His constituents were highly supportive of the proposal - while Aargau did not produce weapons of war, it did provide the necessary loans and investments to those who did.

That a member of the Federalist Party had called for a vote spoke volumes to the pressure Senators were under from their homeworlds to strengthen borders. Luckily for them, the military-industrial complex - the Trade Federation included - were standing by, ready to meet demand.

“I remind the Honourable Member for Eufornis Major that this is a deliberative body,” Tithe announced, his voice projected throughout the Chamber and beamed directly to each of the Senatorial pods. Even though it had his full support, it would not do for the motion to be seconded and voted on before proper debate had occurred.

A priority message flashed over Tithe’s holoterminal. He quickly scanned the missive, holding a neutral face honed during years of business dealing and negotiations. A small fleet, publicly flagged to the current ruler of Byss, had arrived in orbit near the shipyards of Xa Fel with clear hostile intent. While the report had been flagged with the highest classification level, it would not take long for it to filter through the members of the Defence Committee and out to the Senate body at large.

But, one crisis at a time. Tithe scanned the Senate chamber looking for any representatives who sought to comment on the defence spending proposal or second the motion for a vote, being careful not to cast his gaze toward the contingent from Byss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom